WCW 1995

12 hours ago, Henderson said:

Thank you guys so much for all the predictions! @TheBigBad1013, I can only hope my dynasty ends up as good as your old one was. Whenever I think of how one should be done, I always go back to yours.

Thank you. I feel like that is a way bigger compliment than I deserve, but I'll take it. From the looks of things, you're going to do great. You're already going great stuff here.

WCWUncensored95.jpg.d911ab77e1f710e2b2d7fd09d955f7d5.jpg

WCW Presents: Uncensored

Georgia Dome - Atlanta, GA

Attendance: 61,218

WCW is ready to get Uncensored here tonight, live from the Georgia Dome in WCW's backyard, Atlanta, GA! Critics think WCW has their work cut out for them tonight as they're going up against the WWF's Wrestlemania, headlined by Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels, which isn't too far away in Miami, FL. Eric Bischoff, Bobby Heenan, and Dusty Rhodes welcome everyone for tuning in to WCW's broadcast and Bischoff says WCW is the place to be and the place where all the action's at, unlike that other company. They're all very excited for tonight's events and run down the card. Bobby Heenan speculates that a cage isn't even enough to contain Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage. Dusty Rhodes predicts we'll see a new world champion tonight in Sting, and Bischoff says the road to find new #1 contenders to the tag team titles starts right here tonight and the Steiner's will be keeping close tabs. We're then sent to a short, pre-recorded promo by the Steiner's, who say much of the same thing, that they'll be paying attention tonight to all of the involved teams and taking notes. In the end though, they remain confident that whoever it is, will come out on the losing end. The Steiner's wrap it up by saying that when Booker T gets cleared for competition though, Harlem Heat will be the first to get a title opportunity and say that the Nasty Boys better not even show their faces around them.

Television Title:

Dean Malenko vs Lord Steven Regal (c)

608598690_DeanMalenko10.jpg.18dbea06da3349eddf10c3954e4d7c2c.jpg vs 781294340_StevenRegal7.jpg.82bec058ad8cfca9fd12a142f87800b8.jpg

We get down to our first match of the night which is also for the TV title. Dean Malenko, while he's had several high-profile, solid performances, has struggled to gain any steam in WCW while the Lordship has proclaimed himself to be the best TV Champion in WCW history. Malenko is clear to be on the high list of the WCW board of directors from the opportunities he's been given, but just nothing has seemed to stick. It was more of the same in this match. Malenko gave a very solid effort in the ring which paired nicely with Regal's style. Though both men gave great effort in the ring, the end result just fell bland. Regal picked up the submission victory at 14:31 with a Regal Stretch to retain his title.

Winner: Steven Regal

Rating: 59

Faces of Fear vs American Males

455869921_Meng5.jpg.128577b64e68c0171c52be98dfbf851f.jpg1736236031_TheBarbarian3.jpg.b8a9366593ba30e27454fb0e80d8a732.jpg vs 1027067699_MarcusBagwell.jpg.e4663983b3bb5f89d25460251e4fc472.jpg1133861416_ScottyRiggs.jpg.c39680c0313a052c19cbf9975825898f.jpg

The first match in this mini tag team tournament features two teams who both look to hold WCW gold. The Faces of Fear have easily established themselves as top tier challengers while the American Males have done their best to prove they're on the same level. They're given a great opportunity here to prove just that, because if any team can defeat two behemoths such as these, who could question their worthiness? Despite giving it their all, the American Males just couldn't keep Meng and the Barbarian down. Meng scored the win at 7:42 after getting the submission on Scotty Riggs.

Winners: Faces of Fear

Rating: 66

1487472834_RicFlair6.jpg.550036cdf6e7eb80936081ed1be020ea.jpg1870575787_ArnAnderson3.jpg.4ccb58a46f2c0e288d7fe80170a70774.jpg1201391042_BrianPillman8.jpg.df81edd7850d6aa3914b646b27099185.jpg2058456934_SteveAustin1.jpg.0a8190300cbeb907148b3f63ccd636eb.jpg

The Horsemen are all backstage and appear to be in a lively mood tonight. Pillman stands, smiling wickedly into the camera with the US title over his shoulder, Austin looks intense, The Enforcer looks, as always, like he means business, and Flair, the only Horseman tonight without a match, is dressed to the 9's in a custom made suit and begins the promo.

Tonight, is, without a doubt, the Horsemen's night!

We've got the Enforcer taking on the Total Package Lex Luger....Luger, on his best day, couldn't lace the boots of Arn Anderson! This man has more wrestling ability in his pinky finger than Luger holds in his entire body! Luger, you might look like a Greek God pal, but tonight, make no mistake, will belong to the Horsemen!

WWWOOOOOOOO!!!

Double A: Lex Luger, ya see, it's real simple....Tonight, I get you in the middle of that ring, and you're mine! The ring is my domain, Luger, and you'll find that out. See, you've been putting yourself in the middle of Horsemen affairs for long enough. You've butted in our business since back to Halloween Havoc. You wanted to mess with Brian Pillman, then you wanted to mess with Steve Austin, then you moved on to the Nature Boy. See Luger, you've bitten off more than you can chew, because tonight you get in the ring with the Enforcer, and you'll soon realize just what *this* (Holds up 4 fingers) is all about!

Pillman: Hahaha....Eddie Guerrero....Eddie Guerrero.....Oh my gosh, could it be?!?! Guerrero, who failed to do much of anything with the Television title, now thinks he's in the league with me to win this title???? I am the greatest United States champion in history - No offense, Mr. Austin - and Eddie Guerrero thinks he can take it from me?? Eddie, not only do you have to try and beat me, but you also have to deal with my insurance policies that I have right here.......Best of luck, to you, my friend.

Austin: Ricky the Dragon Steamboat thinks he can just walk back in here to WCW after a couple of years off and act like he owns the joint?? Well I've got another thing comin' to ya, Steamboat! I beat you outta WCW once before, and right here tonight, I can promise you that I'll dump you out of WCW once again like the worthless little carcass you are!

Rating: 87

Ricky Steamboat vs Steve Austin 

2120182860_RickySteamboat92.jpg.dd04f5af5cab4518e52f480b4664a039.jpg vs 2058456934_SteveAustin1.jpg.0a8190300cbeb907148b3f63ccd636eb.jpg

These two men demonstrated how they're extremely familiar with the other and both nearly had an identical performance in the ring. Austin's mannerisms paired perfect with the clean-cut good guy image that Steamboat is so great at portraying. The match went just over 16 minutes in length where Austin attempted to use every dirty tactic imaginable. He went to the well one too many times, however, and his last attempt at using an illegal object resulted in Steamboat hitting his top rope cross body for the win at 16:09. Austin was beside himself after the shocking pin.

Winner: Ricky Steamboat

Rating: 81

976957507_RandySavage962.jpg.8a02531d4ee22df569e41ba84fa6caad.jpg

The Macho Man is backstage and looks ready to go here tonight. With fists taped up to his elbows and a look of fire in his eye, Savage begins his promo

Tonight's the night, YEAH! Hulk Hogan, I get my hands on you tonight and I'm gonna make up for all the times you screwed me over in my career and in my life, UH HUH! Make no mistake about it, Hulk Hogan, I'm gonna make you beg for your life tonight inside the cage!! Tonight isn't about world titles, money, or fame...It's about the Macho Man getting ahold of you and making sure you never EVER get involved in my business again!!! I am the man with the plan and this is the match the whole world, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn or anywhere else is waiting for!!

OOOHHH YEAHHH!

Rating: 86

Nasty Boys vs Dungeon of Doom (Big Bubba & Taskmaster)

660015186_BrianKnobbs4.jpg.833bc3391349f76180dcef7955956dec.jpg1544879826_JerrySags96.jpg.313623667a87a2e3e15a0250d40e49cf.jpg vs 1885010597_RayTraylor94.jpg.9334c8f55b7a35992f778506e836e7a5.jpg803432204_KevinSullivan.jpg.88c3bd99bfda26374c54125434a1b05d.jpg

Billed as a grudge match and given a "Texas Tornado" stipulation, this meant that it pretty much is a no-disqualification, no tag team rules match. The Dungeon of Doom was thought to have been faded into oblivion, but some bad luck with the Nasty Boys resulted in their resurrection. The Dungeon of Doom wanted to get some payback for the Nasty's injuring one of their brethren, and that's exactly what they did. The fans saw some viciousness out of Big Bubba and Kevin Sullivan that they haven't seen in a very long time. The Nasty Boys were drug around the ringside area and every available item was used as a weapon to torture them. During this match, you'd never guess that the Nasty Boys were technically the babyfaces and the ruthless nature that Uncensored is billed as went along nicely with this match. Big Bubba scored the pin at 9:44 with the Bubba Slam.

Winners: Dungeon of Doom

Rating: 69

United States Title:

Eddie Guerrero vs Brian Pillman (c)

223654790_EddieGuerrero4.jpg.c0817484a9b23da5a7f69ab2a2dad89e.jpg vs 1201391042_BrianPillman8.jpg.df81edd7850d6aa3914b646b27099185.jpg

Eddie Guerrero went into this match with a purpose but Brian Pillman did his best to slow things down and control the pace. Pillman spent a large amount of time stalling and toying with Guerrero, who did his best attempts to ignore it. Pillman tried one too many times though before Guerrero finally had enough and charged Pillman, exciting the crowd. It was an all-out brawl from this point on during the match. It wasn't an extremely long match, but the crowd was hot during the entire thing. Pillman was able to turn things around and gain an advantage following a sneaky eye poke, demonstrating that he's learned a thing or two from Ric Flair. Speaking of Flair, he also made his way down to the ring and attempted to help Pillman. After Flair distracted Eddie, allowing Pillman to hit a big clubbing arm to the back of the head, Pillman then held Guerrero so Flair could hit him with a punch. The referee was spitting warnings to the two Horsemen that he would disqualify Pillman, but the announce team wondered if that was the goal. Flair reared back and threw a huge right, but Eddie ducked out of the way and Flair blasted Pillman instead.....To make things worse, Flair had also put on a pair of brass knuckles beforehand. Eddie dispatched Flair out of the ring and signaled for the Frog Splash! The crowd was going livid as Eddie ascended to the top rope, looking out briefly at the raging crowd before jumping off and connecting with his finishing move. With the crowd counting along, the 3 count hit the mat at 12:54 as a new United States champion was crowned in what ended up being the best match of the night!

Winner and NEW US Champion: Eddie Guerrero

Rating: 91 

114476824_LarryZbyszko6.jpg.d2b25e91abafbae7520f989ebc20ebb5.jpg

1186035971_HulkHogan942.jpg.173168cae245d40ed405ea00b5fbc3be.jpg

To give a lull in the action, Larry Zbyszko is backstage with Hulk Hogan who wants to ask the Hulkster a few questions before the big match tonight, mainly, he wants to know, why things got so bad between him and the Macho Man.

Well ya know something, brother?!?! I'm not sure where things went so wrong between myself and the Macho Man, dude! I've tried my best to be there for him, to be his best friend, to give him support when he wouldn't have gotten it otherwise! I've had his back more times than I can count, and I've stood by my word! Sometimes, Larry Zbyszko, the only way to work things out is in the ring, brother. It seems like now is that time between me and the Macho Man! Words can only do so much and we're now beyond that point! My only hope is that when things are all said and done, when the smoke finally clears, that the war between us is over, dude!

Arn Anderson vs Lex Luger

1870575787_ArnAnderson3.jpg.4ccb58a46f2c0e288d7fe80170a70774.jpg vs 927805137_LexLuger4.jpg.2df74e5ea78df2fe9953c09db0c3c531.jpg

The Enforcer headed into this match to take care of business and Lex Luger was more than accepting. An early advantage by Luger resulted in Anderson rolling outside the ring and requesting a timeout. He didn't get one though, rather he received more punishment, including a great looking powerslam from Luger. As Luger looked to finish up the match, he went for his old finisher, the Piledriver. Anderson reversed it and then hit Luger with his signature Spinebuster. There must have been some confusion though, because both men crashed awkwardly to the ring. It took some time for both men to get back up but then Anderson hit his DDT out of nowhere, scoring the pin at 11:24.

Winner: Arn Anderson

Rating: 75

1765150484_TonySchiavone3.jpg.941cb33ebceff0c2b1b217adebf3c6ad.jpg

100368862_DDP2.jpg.87929b33eeccb8c52f30b64dc3fe231e.jpg

After a short promotional break, highlighting WCW's next PPV, Spring Stampede, we return backstage with Tony Schiavone who is standing by with Diamond Dallas Page. Tony starts to get to his questions, however, he can't even finish his first one before they're interrupted........

1133320847_ScottHall11.jpg.e921420e9d031f3f2f644215cc78e8c6.jpg

Hey man......

Long time, no see, my friend. You know, there's some history between us that we need to bring to attention. See, me? I've been working on a few things and I could use some outside opinions. What do you say, big man???

Announcers have yet to give a name to this intruder and just gasp at the interruption. Diamond Dallas Page gives a displeased look before Schiavone puts the microphone back to his mouth. DDP nearly says something before shrugging his shoulders and slightly shaking his head and walks off, leaving both the intruder and Schiavone looking off.

Rating: 82

John Tenta vs Wrath

1907171907_JohnTenta1.jpg.ad666bd6a7f9eea5e45223e24dd65092.jpg vs 373719065_BryanClark3.jpg.877d5063b50108cbb6ab9abe81ef83da.jpg

With still a lot more action to come at Uncensored, this was not one the fans were hyped to see. The most impressive part of the match was the ending, where Wrath demonstrated his crazy strength, getting Tenta up for the Meltdown at 8:22.

Winner: Wrath

Rating: 55

World Title:

Sting vs The Giant (c)

2023696733_Sting15_alt.jpg.0234e800244a8a8d0dd75a1ba1eb9dd0.jpg vs 1770201691_TheGiant97.jpg.92ef961937916195356aeb1ef6616dc4.jpg

Another match the crowd were heavily excited for. All felt like this was Sting's match to win as the Stinger has vocalized plenty that he wants back in the world title picture. Factor that in with the lack of experience for the Giant, and all felt this match belonged to Sting. The Stinger used his quickness as Randy Savage had hoped to in his encounter with the largest athlete in the world. He left the Giant reeling, but much like the Savage match, it all changed with a flip of a switch. A Stinger Splash attempt turned into a bear hug that the Giant left locked in for a good amount of time, causing the Stinger to slowly fade. Just before being counted out, Sting briefly came back to life, using a flurry of punches and attacks to escape, but he was quickly halted as he rushed in, only for the Giant to grasp his large hand around Sting's throat. Hoisting him high in the air and dropping down a Chokeslam later, the Giant impressively defended his title at 15:44.

Winner: The Giant

Rating: 90

1544307102_GeneOkerlund7.jpg.ad595767fb194d6fd56ddd7731532807.jpg

You didn't think there would be an event without Mean Gene, did you?

After the Giant celebrates his victory, Mean Gene Okerlund sneaks his way into the ring as Sting is beginning to recover. After getting back to his feet, Gene gets a couple questions to the Stinger. Winded, Sting says that the Giant is no joke to take on and this was, by far, the toughest challenge of his career. He says that he's not finished though and wants to take the Giant to the limit one more time, as he's got plenty of gas in the tank.

Cage Match:

Randy Savage vs Hulk Hogan

976957507_RandySavage962.jpg.8a02531d4ee22df569e41ba84fa6caad.jpg vs 1186035971_HulkHogan942.jpg.173168cae245d40ed405ea00b5fbc3be.jpg

In reality, the show would've been much better served to be headlined by the World Title match and the US title match, but the story and feud surrounding this match resulted in it being the main event. Both men put forth excellent efforts in the ring and had the crowd eating up everything. Hogan and Savage used the cage effectively and often, resulting in both men bleeding heavily by the end of the match. There clearly was nothing left on the table with this match by either man. The ending of the match came when Savage had Hogan down on the canvas, both by exhaustion and pain. Savage made the long climb to the top of the cage, but he made no attempt to climb down. He stood and waited for Hogan to get to his feet, which he eventually did. The Macho Man jumped from the top of the cage and seemed to take an eternity to come down. He looked to hit Hogan with a double axe handle, but Hogan dodged out of the way. Savage crashed hard to the mat and Hogan took advantage, bouncing off the opposite ropes and hitting the Leg Drop. The pin was counted at 21:27 and both men lay spent on the mat.

Winner: Hulk Hogan

Rating: 78

Afterwards, Hogan slowly made it to his feet where he raised his arms in victory. With his music still playing, he looks at the Macho Man, who's beginning to stir on the mat. After a brief moment of consideration, Hogan walks over and grabs the Macho Man's arm, rising him to his feet. As soon as Savage is up, though, he shoves Hogan off as the two begin a staredown. After a few words are said, Hogan extends his hand to Savage. Savage looks at it, says a few inaudible things and then spits at Hogan. The Hulkster reacts like he was slapped in the face as Savage storms by Hogan and exits the ring. The camera remains on Hogan as he can't believe what just happened in the ring.

Final Show Rating: 79

• Like 4

2048188117_WCWMondayNitro2.jpg.cb9d76386645bd3de4cf717dc443790a.jpg

Week 1, April 1996

LIVE from the Lawrence Joel Coliseum - Winston-Salem, NC

Attendance: 14,600 (SELLOUT!)

The opener for this week's WCW Monday Nitro is huge, complete with a gigantic pyro display as well as shots from all around the sold out arena here in Winston-Salem this week! It clearly is WCW country as the fans are rabid for action this week and excited to see what Nitro has in store! Eric Bischoff, Bobby Heenan, and Mike Tenay welcome us into viewers homes and Bischoff says there is tons of fallout as WCW is just 24 hours removed from Uncensored! Bischoff explains that the score seems to be far from settled between the Macho Man Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan. Hogan offered his hand following the end of the cage match last night between the two, only for Savage to spit on Hogan and leave. He also says the Giant successfully defended his WCW World Heavyweight Championship in impressive form against Sting, however, things don't look to be over between them either, as the Stinger says he's got another challenge left in him as he continues his quest at regaining the championship. The tag team division has heated up tremendously as multiple teams vied for the #1 contendership against the Steiner Brothers. We've also crowned a new United States champion in Eddie Guerrero, as he shocked everyone by beating Brian Pillman last night. Lord Steven Regal was successful in his title defense and Arn Anderson came away the victor against Lex Luger, though it appears the Enforcer had picked up an injury during that match. He explains we should hear more about that later on as music begins to play to kick off Nitro. Those in the crowd who had sat, rise to their feet again as "American Made" plays through the speakers. Red and yellow lights flash at the stage and none other than Hulk Hogan comes out and heads to the ring, where Mean Gene has quickly gotten in.

300264017_HulkHogan96Alt.jpg.dc72ab7a42413e5abee48917f752224a.jpg

Mean Gene: Last night at Uncensored, Hulk Hogan, you defeated the Macho Man Randy Savage inside a steel cage. We all can see the leftover damage from that match, by way of the bandages on your forehead. You went into the match hoping that things would be settled between the two of you, however, that doesn't seem to be the case the way the Macho Man left you at the end of the show....

Well ya know somethin', Mean Gene!?!?!? After there was a 9.0 on the Richter scale last night, it took all the scientists to come together and realize there wasn't an earthquake, brother, but that it was the battle between Hulk Hogan and the Macho Man. And the fact remains, Mean Gene, that I had hoped, either way that the battle would end between me and the Macho Man! I hoped that reason would overcome emotion and that things would be back to normal, brother. I hoped that we would continue on with being friends and watching each other's back. I was probably the most shocked out of anyone, brother, when that didn't end up being the case! Instead of a shake of the hand that I offered, the Macho Man saw fit to hit Hulk Hogan with the ultimate disgrace; He spit on me, dude! The Macho Man spit on me and walked off! Mean Gene, you've known me for years, brother, and never in my life had I been disgraced like that. It would've been better if the Macho Man just hit me in the face with the biggest right hand he could muster up.

Despite all that, brother, I didn't lose sight of the big picture. Despite the biggest insult of my life by being spit on by someone I consider a best friend, I tried to understand where the Macho Man was coming from. I've tried calling the Macho Man all day long and he's ignored my calls. I tried meeting him at the airport, but he never showed. I got here early to the arena to catch the Macho Man when he arrived, but I've not seen him, dude! I've done everything I possibly can as a friend to get things back on track with the Macho Man, but brother, friendship can't be a one-way street. At some point in time, the Macho Man's got to decide for himself what's more important in life?! Is it hangin' with friends and doing the right thing, or is it secluding yourself and cutting yourself off from the world?! That's up to the Macho Man, Mean Gene. I can only apologize so many times for the way his world title reign ended up, but ya know what Mean Gene?? That wasn't all my fault either, dude. The Macho Man might want to take a look in the mirror and own up for his own misgivings rather than blame them all on Hulk Hogan, brother!

Rating: 99

Earl Robert Eaton vs Brad Armstrong

862066737_BobbyEaton3.jpg.2c18b298ee3d2f991ec0cfc53462e9ab.jpg vs 1165511718_BradArmstrong5.jpg.a1511d451a77ba703a3f91f483695703.jpg

During the course of this match, Mike Tenay explained that these two are attempting to establish themselves as top contenders to the Television title. WCW's mid-card division has been on a role lately and things have been heating up, including and surprisingly, these two competitors. What this match lacked in crowd heat made up for pretty decent in-ring action. Earl Eaton got the win at 7:44 with his Alabama Slam.

Winner: Earl Robert Eaton

Rating: 69

Following the match and after a quick commercial, Nitro returns and the arena once again comes alive as horses are heard galloping through the arena, followed by one of the slickest guitar riffs ever heard as the 4 Horsemen's theme blares through the arena speakers. All four members make their way out to the stage with three very key observations; Arn Anderson comes out on crutches and Brian Pillman and Steve Austin look extremely unhappy. Ric Flair has the same old Nature Boy attitude, though, who is all smiles and strutting, soaking up the reaction from the North Carolina crowd.

235643998_RicFlair96.jpg.3a48a00cdfc00098fad3f416c9293352.jpg1976144180_ArnAnderson3.jpg.883e050aa37d8b5cd4ba738c951c53eb.jpg803211991_BrianPillman963.jpg.db75e16e759a95fb7040d6cd7d4be10e.jpg687357298_SteveAustin94.jpg.dad5aaf6d0f02e76af97d4ed093bef23.jpg

Flair: If there were ever a time to say, unequivocally, that we were in Horsemen country, I would, without a doubt, be RIGHT NOWWWWW!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Seeing as we're in Horsemen country, it's no better time to announce that right here, right now, the Horsemen are starting on a new chapter! Ya see, last night didn't exactly go the way as planned for the Horsemen! We had Ricky Steamboat, that little pissant, somehow steal a win from Steve Austin....We then had Brian Pillman lose the United States championship to that illegal immigrant known as Eddie Guerrero....And then, then......The Enforcer was easily able to dispatch the Total Package Lex Luger, but if it couldn't get any worse, as you can tell, Double A left that match injured!!!

Now, I'm sure each man will touch on what happened in his own way, but as far as the Nature Boy is concerned, as the leader of the Horsemen, we need to take a collective step back and realize that something has to change! Double A and I have spoken to one another and came to the conclusion that you, Brian Pillman, and you, Steve Austin, need to step it up! You see, Double A didn't drop the ball last night. He won his match and due to that clutz Lex Luger who can't hack it in the ring with the likes of the Enforcer, ended up injuring him! Pillman, for weeks, you've been coasting along the tails of the Horsemen, feeling success because the Horsemen have provided it! Hell, you were the United States Champion! You had everything going for you, and you let someone like Eddie Guerrero beat you?!? Wake up son and realize you're a Horsemen! You're in the most prestigious group in the history of wrestling, pal.....You need a kick in the ass, and the Nature Boy and Enforcer will give you one!

As for you, Steve Austin.....While Ricky Steamboat's no slouch in the ring, you've got to find your mean streak! You are, without a doubt, a ruthless son of a bitch and should take no prisoners! You wanted to end Steamboat last night?!? Then by God, you should've ended him! I don't care if you got disqualified in the process, you're a HORSEMAN! It's time we get back to Horsemen business, and boys, we've got a lot of work to do! Now, I'm not coming down on the two of you or threatening you're not going to he Horsemen. I'm saying this all because both me and Double A know your potential, and it's time you two achieve that! It all starts right here, right now, tonight!

Anderson: Ya know, Ric, I couldn't have said that better myself. In fact, Brian, Steve, we're not coming down on you, we're just gonna give you a little bit more encouragement. The Horsemen have been soft for too long and we need to find our mean streak again. Now then, as for Lex Luger.....I might be an old dog, but you're gonna have to kill me to keep me out of this ring. Luger's going to find out that you don't cross a Horsemen, and you sure as hell don't put one on the shelf. It's far from over between us, Luger, and when this old dog is back, I'll take back over my territory!

Pillman: Nature Boy, I appreciate the wake-up call you've given me and Steve....It's true that I might have gotten a little to bit lax on my motivation and didn't give the proper amount of attention to Eddie Guerrero. I've more than been awakened to my error, one that will be rectified very, very soon. Eddie, don't get too comfortable with that title around your waist, my friend, because it will be mine again.

Austin: Steamboat might have gotten one up on me last night, but I promise you, that's the last time he's ever going to get the advantage on Steve Austin again! Nature Boy, it ain't gonna be a problem for Steve Austin to find his mean streak. In fact, I've just been waiting for someone to give me the kick in my ass that's needed. The last thing Ricky Steamboat and the rest of WCW is gonna want is Steve Austin's ruthless streak to come out.....And there's no better time to let it show than right now against the Disco Inferno!

Disco Inferno vs Steve Austin

1249716709_DiscoInferno2.jpg.6207d9e3ed3a46d74c31034ede15afc0.jpg vs 687357298_SteveAustin94.jpg.dad5aaf6d0f02e76af97d4ed093bef23.jpg

Austin wasn't exaggerating when he said he'd let his ruthless streak out. Austin beat Disco, without mercy, from one corner of the ring to another, nearly getting himself disqualified in the process. Austin had a nearly crazed look in his eye during the entire destruction of the Inferno. Probably to the relief of Disco, Austin ended this match at 8:30 after hitting a Stunner.

Winner: Steve Austin

Rating: 71

Cameras return to the announce booth position as Bischoff and crew begin to run down the nights events thus far, and try to predict what might happen later on tonight. Bischoff informs everyone that during the last match, Ric Flair had requested a match in the main event tonight against Lex Luger, to try and get some payback for the injury the Horsemen claim he caused Anderson last night. Bischoff says that Arn was indeed injured during the match last night, but it isn't thought that Luger caused the injury. Just as they begin to move on to the next segment, they are once again interrupted......

721906782_ScottHall11.jpg.8f8ac46d8f609a9c7496827ec929b8d3.jpg

The intruder, who Eric Bischoff finally calls Scott Hall, is seen just off from the announce booth area. Lights come on to reveal him and Bischoff begins to stand up. Hall approaches and taunts Bischoff as Bobby Heenan and Mike Tenay quickly leave the area.

Hey there little Ken doll...You got something to say?

Bischoff: I do, as a matter of fact! You've come out here the last couple of weeks uninvited. You're not welcome out here and you have no purpose to be here. You aren't an employee of WCW and until then...

You know, you got a big mouth on you for such a little guy! What you're gonna do right now is shut that little trap of yours before I smack it off of ya! I told you last week that I got a BIG surprise for you tonight! 

That's right! You said you have a surprise and yet here you are, and there's nothing else with you.....

- As Bischoff is speaking, the cameras are zoomed in very close on Hall and Bischoff. Hall proceeds to taunt Bischoff and laughs in his face. Bischoff continues to press on this surprise and the crowd in the arena can be heard starting to rumble. Hall laughs and points, seemingly to Bischoff. Bischoff simply says he's "right here" but Hall continues to point. The cameras zoom out to see who, or what, Hall is pointing to -

nash1.jpg.777bae91c54a17b7ff5c95ac7e0d8303.jpg

A towering figure stands behind Bischoff, completely unaware. A title belt is slung over his shoulder and there's no context given because the remaining announcers have run off. Bischoff still fails to turn around and finally the man grabs Bischoff and gives him a push before letting go. Bischoff turns and with a huge look of shock on his face, see's the man. -

Kevin Nash....??!?!

- Now no secret to their names, Nash grabs the microphone out of Bischoff's hand and with a look of pure anger on his face, grabs the title belt off his shoulder and looks at it, before tossing it away -

Nash: What's the matter??? Cat got your tongue????

nash2.thumb.jpg.54eb9bb9b555c669b96e23059d7d581d.jpg

Ya know, week after week, I hear you on TV talking about how WCW is the premiere wrestling organization, how WCW has the better athletes, WCW has the better show, how WCW is where the big boys play......So this is where the big boys play, eh??? Look at the verb - Play. We ain't here to play!

How is it, the man you've been talking crap about for weeks, the WWF champion, can be right here on Monday Nitro looking you square in the eye and calling you out on your crap?!? I'll tell ya how - Because us two, we do what we want to do, WHEN we want to do it, and there ain't a damn thing you or anybody else can do about it! You better take a look around and realize that the measuring stick just changed, and you're lookin' at the two who are in charge!

Lex Luger vs Ric Flair

1975353383_LexLuger6.jpg.2712c4ab4236d60ccd44aea86cfd0846.jpg vs 235643998_RicFlair96.jpg.3a48a00cdfc00098fad3f416c9293352.jpg

Following the latest interruption, WCW was forced to go to a commercial break. When Nitro returned, it was time for the main event and both men made their entrance. Eric Bischoff was notably absent from the announce desk, instead replaced by Tony Schiavone. Bobby Heenan and Mike Tenay had made their return and Schiavone explained how Bischoff had to leave in order to try and get a handle on this interruption from two individuals that are not employed by WCW. The match began with Flair taunting Lex Luger, which the NC crowd ate up. Flair took his time and worked at controlling the pace, which also included him using dirty tactics at any available moment. It wasn't a quick match and both used the time to tell a story in the ring. Flair's story was that of revenge for his friend and stable-mate. Luger's was to claim he had nothing to do with Anderson's injury and using his strength to out-power the Nature Boy. Arn Anderson, of course, had accompanied Flair to the ring and though he didn't get involved in the match, he did distract Luger quite a bit. The ending of the match came at 15:34 when Double A strategically placed one of his crutches on the apron and then hobbled around the other side of the ring to distract the referee. With the distraction in place, Flair grabbed the abandoned crutch and blasted Luger with it, who was also distracted by Anderson. Luger crumbled to the mat and Flair made the pin. The referee conveniently turned around to see the cover and counted the pin.

Winner: Ric Flair

Rating: 80

Final Show Rating: 87 

• Like 1

hotline.jpg.2be7610cfed9149e409ea9247299b946.jpg

Hello everyone, and welcome to the WCW Hotline Report! I'm Mean Gene Okerlund, and do I have a lot of information to catch you up on!

The secret news going around the last few weeks has indeed been the exit of Razor Ramon (Scott Hall) and Diesel (Kevin Nash) from the World Wrestling Federation. There had been confusion going around because Diesel had remained WWF champion up until his exit. As you all know, Kevin Nash appeared on WCW Monday Nitro this week and indeed did have the WWF championship with him. We have heard that Vince McMahon was reportedly furious that his world title belt ended up on another program and the very next day, WCW was hit with a cease and desist. Needless to say, the WWF title will not be making any other appearances on WCW programming.

As for the WWF, they held Wrestlemania 12 the same night as Uncensored. WWF fans who tuned in were probably puzzled when a match featuring the British Bulldog vs Bam Bam Bigelow was for the WWF title, as no explanation was given. The British Bulldog won that match and subsequently became the new champion. The WWF must have made a duplicate of the title, as it was presented to Bulldog following the match.

Fans were probably even more puzzled when the main event, featuring Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels, was not for that title. The match was given rave reviews and is considered to be the match of the year already. Owen Hart had also defeated the 123 Kid for the Intercontinental title.

On the WCW side of things, as was announced on Monday Nitro this week, Arn Anderson did indeed suffer an injury in his match at Uncensored against Lex Luger. The Enforcer reportedly received a dislocated hip. He is expected to miss the next month of in-ring action. The injury is not believed to be due to any errant action by Lex Luger.

Television Champion Lord Steven Regal also apparently suffered an injury at Uncensored, I'm told a Type II Supracondylar Fracture. Regal will be kept out of in-ring action but he is expected to return by Spring Stampede. As such, WCW does not seem to have any plans to strip Regal of the title.

The former Zodiac is now known once again as the Bootyman.

Here's the lineup for this week's Monday Nitro!

1725821022_WCWMondayNitro2.jpg.b031123ac78e0f78e2da10a52085c593.jpg

Week 2, April 1996

Steve Austin vs Randy Savage

Brian Pillman vs Lance Storm

Sabu vs Cobra

Tag Team Titles:

John Tenta & Wrath vs Steiner Brother's

• Like 1

I'm glad everyone's enjoying Hall and Nash showing up early. When I started this game, I didn't give contracts much of a look in the editor prior to starting, so when Hall and Nash were at the end of their WWF deal, I didn't waste any time with negotiations and trying to sign them up. Shockingly, I didn't have much back and forth or battle with the WWF in negotiations. I had much more of a battle with other people.

Another thing that was shocking was that Nash held the title all the way up to his exit. They never had him drop the title or stripped him, and they had plenty of time, which the AI usually will do. That gave me the idea to have him show up with the title because it's something Bischoff obviously would have done, and I was never going to go the Madusa route with the women's title. It was also an opportunity to get a bit of pay back for when the WWF had the big gold belt on their programming.

Needless to say, and I know I sound like a broken record probably, but WCW has been pretty vanilla up until now. Things will really start to heat up and go quickly from here on, I think. While there were the unlikely things such as Steve Austin and Ricky Steamboat's return, I'd like to think that the story with them is fitting in nicely to my alternate history. I will hopefully continue to present things to be considered realistic and allow people to think "yeah, I could see this being plausible." Unlike signing up every big name to think of and bloating the roster.

• Like 3

1117982636_WCWMondayNitro2.jpg.fd17151dde2b056d2a8dc31dd9a660f4.jpg

Week 2, April, 1996

LIVE from the Rose Garden - Portland, OR

Attendance: 12,440

- This week's Monday Nitro kicks off with all kinds of fan fare. After the typical firework/crowd shot intro, Tony Schiavone, Bobby Heenan, and Mike Tenay welcome everyone to this week's Nitro. Schiavone says he's once again filling in for Eric Bischoff, who is trying to deal with the intrusion of yet another wrestler and mentions that Bischoff is trying to find a solution. A quick recap is played from last week's Nitro where, this time, the WWF championship belt is blacked out. The announcers speculate just what Kevin Nash and Scott Hall have in store for WCW and Tenay doesn't like the aura that's being presented by the two. Schiavone says that Nitro is kicking off this week with an in-ring interview and Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by -

2110877537_GeneOkerlund6.jpg.f3c6087991c924e8772e5efc960eaeb9.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, we are in the great state of Oregon tonight for Monday Nitro, and it's already shaping up to be quite an evening! We're going to get things started here tonight with a man who had a big target put on his back last week by the 4 Horsemen. Join me as I welcome - The Total Package Lex Luger!

1909144731_LexLuger4.jpg.b862f0f27eb9d3ddcdc19527377bf0dc.jpg

Lex Luger, last week, the 4 Horsemen had a lot to say about you. Not only did you face Arn Anderson at Uncensored in what's shaping up to be a heated rivalry, but they also blamed you for the Enforcer picking up an injury during that match. You then went on to face Ric Flair in the main event, which didn't turn out to your liking, I'm sure.

See, Mean Gene, if there's one thing I can count on, it's the 4 Horsemen not being able to have a clean match. Where there's 1 Horsemen, you might as well figure the other 3 are going to be close by for some kind of sneak attack. That's exactly what happened last week in the main event. Now I'm not sure what problem the Horsemen have with me, other than the fact that any time I've been in the ring with them, things haven't turned out to their favor. I've never been one to back down from a challenge or fight, so if any of the Horsemen want a fight with the Total Package, that's just fine with me, but Gene, I didn't have anything to do with Arn Anderson's injury and maybe it's got more to do with the fact that the Enforcer just isn't as tough as he used to be.......

Quite strong words there, Mr. Luger. Going forward, what goals do you have in mind for WCW?

Going forward, Gene, I'm going to go through any obstacle that's in my way. I'm not going to back down from a challenge from anyone, whether that's from the 4 Horsemen or anyone else. If Arn Anderson wants to face the Total Package again when he heals up, I've got no problem beating him in the middle of this ring to show him that Lex Luger is no pushover!

Rating: 79

Tag Team Titles:

John Tenta & Wrath vs Steiner Brother's

584797200_JohnTenta1.jpg.9ea56eeb375f280199a750cea23339e6.jpg1021655609_BryanClark3.jpg.ad2fbb3a2f3e13a2a5acdf9acdea667d.jpg vs 1888869629_RickSteiner94.jpg.8a59a7a07268ef8c6f1da5ef3f4dafd7.jpg1411534447_ScottSteiner94.jpg.dac69082fe5babe4a9b4a4652fe42c57.jpg

There was a short mention over the weekend on WCW Main Event that random pairings of teams might crop up from time to time in order to give the Steiner's some challengers to the tag belts, as well as WCW toying with finding out who might work well as a team. This week, the attempt was John Tenta, formerly Shark of the Dungeon of Doom, and Wrath. It was found that Wrath and Tenta actually had good chemistry when teaming and worked well together. It could possibly be a sign that we might see these two team up in the future, though we also might not. Despite the rather large stature of both men, the Steiner's moved them around like they were middleweights. The match ended at 6:08 after Rick Steiner got the pin on Wrath.

Winners: Steiner Brother's

Rating: 62

Cobra vs Sabu

1433433743_Cobra96.jpg.ea374daca4dfd8abf0baec5088d6049b.jpg vs 429248843_Sabu952.jpg.dfaa2a488de944b1d879d08472409b55.jpg

This match was a completely odd thing to have on Monday Nitro. It gave the crowd in attendance a chance to go to the bathroom and the viewers at home to switch over to WWF Raw and catch a backstage segment with Road Warrior Hawk, which wasn't much more exciting. Cobra picked up the surprising win, not that anyone cared, at 6:07 with a Cobra Clutch.

Winner: Cobra

Rating: 35

- Nitro takes a break and when it returns, we're taken to the broadcast booth where the announcers are providing everyone with the mid-show updates and news. Schiavone begins to hype up the upcoming Spring Stampede PPV, always a favorite among the WCW faithful and Bobby Heenan brings up the motivating interview last week with the 4 Horsemen. The Brain thinks it is just the shot of momentum the Horsemen need to get back to dominating WCW. Mike Tenay is excited about all the potential matchups regarding the TV title, as several wrestlers have made it a mission to compete for the title, which he thinks will rejuvenate the roster. While they're all discussing their preferred topics and preparing for the next segment, they are once again interrupted.....

1520015499_ScottHall11.jpg.9d65e4e0f427170f21800981654e7bdf.jpg2089086891_KevinNash97.jpg.0086dd9616b04a89dff005de0996894f.jpg

Heenan promptly scurries off and Mike Tenay doesn't stick around for too long, leaving Tony Schiavone all alone at the broadcast position. These two.....outsiders creep up, taunting Schiavone the entire time before getting up on the platform. Scott Hall toys with Schiavone while Kevin Nash has a microphone.

Why'd all your buddies run off??? There's nothing to be afraid of, fellas. While you all were out here talking about all the big news in WCW, there was one little thing you left out....You didn't have one word to say about the two of us. My main man has been coming out here for a couple of weeks now, letting everyone know that things have changed around here. I haven't seen one person out here who can hold a candle to the two of us!

Hey, little man....You might be filling in for the Ken doll, but you're just as much of a little punk like he is. I came out here on day one and said where are the Ric Flair's, where's the Macho Man, where's all these people who supposedly are WCW through and through??? They've all remained silent! They've all ----

- The crowd stirs with excitement which causes Hall to stop. A low rumble turns into loud cheers as both Hall and Nash suffer a bit of their own medicine and themselves are interrupted.... -

82794691_Sting12.jpg.7c6500717ab21ec8926e242cc2eb1544.jpg

Ya know, it takes some real tough guys to come out here for a couple of weeks and pick on guys half their size....You want to come out here and pick on announcers? If either one of you boys want a fight, you don't have to look too far, because I'm standing right here! You don't have to call out guys like Ric Flair or the Macho Man..Oh, and by the way, I never did hear you mention the Stinger's name in all that!

Hey, look scary man...You can come out here dressed like it's Halloween if you want, but we're looking for real challengers! We don't want no punk that only stayed in WCW because he couldn't hack it anywhere else!

- Hall and Nash start to laugh after that joke but their laughs quickly turn to anger and serious looks, as Sting out of nowhere hits Hall with a loud slap across his face, which echoes through the arena. The audience gives a collective gasp afterwards followed by silence as they're all on edge to see if an all-out fight will erupt now. Instead, Sting gets his own serious look on his face as he steps closer to Scott Hall with Nash just off the side, not backing down and not showing that he's intimidated at all. -

You want to see who can hack it and who can't? You want a fight? Either one of you? Name the time and place and I'll be there.

Oh, and next time you might want to think about picking on someone your own size.

Rating: 95

- Nitro takes another commercial break following that confrontation. When Nitro returns, we're taken to the backstage area where a fight has broken out between the Faces of Fear and the American Males. All the announcers are back in their spots now and mention that these two teams are vying to be #1 contenders to the tag team titles. While the American Males may not have the best winning record, their spirit can't be denied and their toughness also, as they've never shied away from the Faces of Fear, two of the most dominating wrestlers in WCW. The fight is pulled apart but they're still yelling at each other. Tony also mentions that it's nice to finally have someone in WCW stand up to Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. -

Rating: 57

Lance Storm vs Brian Pillman

337507055_LanceStorm.jpg.860de938610b55c123c1c74eaad0aaa8.jpg vs 545674161_BrianPillman963.jpg.94b8c2ecbf16cc5c80f551b4da11d5d1.jpg

Lance Storm has shown great promise in the ring as of late and normally this match would be a pretty technical and high flying affair. Brian Pillman was much more methodical and aggressive in this match though, which was attributed to the Nature Boy's speech last week. Pillman got the win at 7:42 with an Air Pillman.

Winner: Brian Pillman

Rating: 72

Randy Savage vs Steve Austin

1841298666_RandySavage6.jpg.49b62cb2b3834771d5072d5acb9dcb75.jpg vs 810170209_SteveAustin2.jpg.8852c22e27b42e3b0b73d40f9e66849c.jpg

Both Horsemen were men on a mission here tonight and looking to get back on track with a pair of wins. While no disrespect to Lance Storm, Steve Austin's path was much more difficult. The Macho Man was also a man on a mission and clearly was in the mood to take no prisoners. Savage attacked relentlessly, which cause Austin to more or less flop around the ring like a fish out of water, never able to get a hold of momentum in this match. Savage was on fire and had the performance of the night and Austin did a good job keeping up with him. Savage scored the win at 13:42 with his Flying Elbow, but prior to leaping off the top rope, he cupped his hand to his ear.

Winner: Randy Savage

Savage: Hulk Hogan, you son of a bitch!!! You thought things would be over between us at Uncensored??!?! Things will NEVER be over between us until I say so! YEAHHH!

The fact remains, Hulk Hogan, that WCW isn't big enough for the both of us!

It's either me or you, and I can promise you Hogan, that it's gonna be ME!

Who's it gonna be?!?! It's gonna be the Macho Man!

So here's the deal, Hogan! Right here next week on Monday Nitro, it's going to be Hulk Hogan.....Against the Macho Man! It ain't gonna be just a one on one singles match. Hogan, I hate you so much and can't stand you that I'll be willing to put my career on the line! That's right! The Macho Man's career on the line next week against Hulk Hogan! No disqualification! You beat me, Hogan, I'm done! I'm gone from WCW! My career is over!!

BUUUUUTTTTT.....

If I beat you, you're gone from my life, finished, over! You stay out of my business and I never want to be involved with you ever again! You will never share the ring with the Macho Man again, you'll be banned from any of my matches! It ain't a wish, Hulk Hogan, it's a fact! And that fact is, next week, the Macho Man is going to beat you to a bloody pulp and leave you lying in the middle of this ring!

OOOOHHHH YEAAAHHHH!!

Rating: 92

Final Show Rating: 83

• Like 5

796395993_WCWMondayNitro2.jpg.a2744c83a63b2b5b81dd3310116546d2.jpg

Week 3, April 1996

LIVE from the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium - Ontario, Canada

Attendance: 6,000 (SELLOUT!)

Nitro kicks off this week and there is a heavy excitement in the air. We're welcomed to this week's show by Tony Schiavone, Bobby Heenan, and Dusty Rhodes as they recap the challenge that Randy Savage issued to Hulk Hogan for tonight. They go to a replay from this weekend's WCW Saturday Night where Hulk Hogan wanted a face-to-face meeting with the Macho Man. Hogan wanted Savage's assurance that he would hold up his claim that he'd retire if Hogan wins. The video then goes to the ending of the show where Hogan was waiting for Savage to appear, though he never did. Despite the Macho Man's no-show at Saturday Night, Schiavone says that the match has been made official, the paperwork has been signed, and right here, tonight, we will see the Macho Man Randy Savage against Hulk Hogan, a match for the career of the Macho Man. Tony says that tonight is definitely a night you don't want to miss Monday Nitro.

As difficult as it was for the announcers to switch direction from the big story, they also discuss other events from Saturday Night. Brian Pillman and Ric Flair confronted Eddie Guerrero and challenged him to a match at Spring Stampede, telling him to find a partner if he could. They also play a short clip of an interview with Diamond Dallas Page where he was asked again about his relationship with Scott Hall and Kevin Nash, only to ignore it and walk off. Finally, The Taskmaster also made a new plea to The Giant to rejoin forces to take on the upper echelon of WCW once again.  Not only is the weather starting to heat up, but also the activity of WCW!

1212035206_Sting96alt.jpg.e0df1547973b4d6d8134b19ee54a1d11.jpg

WCW Nitro continues to heat up even more as "A Man Called Sting" begins to play over the arena speakers, which causes a loud roar from the sold-out arena. Any Nitro that kicks off with the Stinger is always a good Nitro and he walks out and motions to the crowd as fireworks explode behind him. Sting's all energy as he heads to the ring, clearly with something to say. Mean Gene Okerlund rushes inside the ring as Sting climbs the middle rope to continue to taunt and call out to the crowd.

1859486476_GeneOkerlund6.jpg.56e34be3aec1e83887e6aeac2a009deb.jpg

Gene: Sting, I'll admit you caught me off guard as we kick things off on Monday Nitro!! Tonight is shaping up to be quite the night, and it's clear to see that you've got something to say!

Sting: Oh Mean Gene!!!! It's Monday, It's Monday Nitro, and the Stinger's feeling GOOD!

Now just a few weeks ago at Uncensored, I took the WCW World Champion to the limit! I tested him like no one has tested him before! Now Mean Gene, if you'll remember, I came up juuuuuust a little bit short at regaining the world title, but Gene! I was SO CLOSE! So close, I could taste it! And you know, Mean Gene, I told myself that I might've come up just a bit short at Uncensored, but I've got the Giants number, and I'm not done just yet!

So! What I'm gonna do right now, Mean Gene, is I'm going to make a challenge! I'm making a challenge to the Giant to put that world title on the line against the Stinger ONE MORE TIME! And I want him to put that title on the line at Spring Stampede!!!!

Oh my!!! We'll have to see later on tonight just what the Giant's answer wil---

No, No, Gene.....I want the Giant to come out here RIGHT NOW, and let me know what his answer is! After all, we're just under two weeks away from Spring Stampede, and the Stinger needs time to come up with a battle plan!

1933862779_TheGiant97.jpg.c67c844619d0157d3bdafa23c2682ae7.jpg

It doesn't take long for the lights to dim and music to play as the huge silhouette of the Giant walks out to the stage. With the world title strapped around his waist, the Giant has a microphone in hand and stops at the top of the ramp. The music fades out and the Giant has a smile on his face.

Ya know, Stinger, there's something that I just have to like about you. The fact that you'll come out here, directly call out the world's largest athlete and show no fear, no intimidation, and have a smile on your face while doing it, just show's what kind of man you are...

A mistaken man.....A man who has no clue about just what kind of hell you're wanting to put yourself through. There are three things I can promise you to be fact, Sting.

1.) I'll put my title on the line against you at Spring Stampede.

2.) I WILL leave Spring Stampede still the WCW World Heavyweight Champion.

3.) You WON'T be smiling after our match.

Rating: 89

John Tenta vs Scotty Riggs

925092043_JohnTenta1.jpg.12e6f00064350e4b504b877943d729d4.jpg vs 574866937_ScottyRiggs.jpg.fbe1cd1169df32a65f462ea4932a595c.jpg

Both men gave a solid effort in this match to get the crowd into it, but it just didn't come across well. The announcers paid no attention to this match and spent the time hyping the main event instead. Most expected Tenta to come away victorious, but a quick roll-up shocked everyone when Scotty Riggs got the pinfall at 7:44.

Winner: Scotty Riggs

Rating: 51

1454159788_HulkHogan942.jpg.290da57f3a45f868c49b150b6f90f289.jpg

Following a quick commercial break, cameras return to the backstage area where a red and yellow Dodge Viper is pulling up. The crowd is heard cheering as Hulk Hogan gets out of the driver's seat and begins heading into the arena. Hogan appears to be all business tonight.

Rating: 74

244189041_RayTraylor94.jpg.11107f9e3f3a7594b687b7ae6a2f73b9.jpg1277234848_KevinSullivan4.jpg.4fe766f737ac70ed2cf71cceb6949b3b.jpg

We stay backstage with a promo by the Dungeon of Doom members Big Bubba and Kevin Sullivan. They talk about how the Nasty Boys are reckless and need to be punished. They challenge them to a Dungeon Match at Spring Stampede where, Sullivan says, their souls will belong to him!

Rating: 56

Tag Team Titles:

Steve Austin & Brian Pillman vs The Steiner Brothers (c)

217446321_SteveAustin1.jpg.d47e289a74a6b33a0298a6159d8972d6.jpg1384801526_BrianPillman963.jpg.4cb45a42db3477e62a56507ce01b4ae4.jpg vs 290239464_RickSteiner11.jpg.d477b021112528339a80f4b34c13f8c1.jpg260238435_ScottSteiner2.jpg.ccb2ab8f458d3b86fc3c8609a765c499.jpg

With some new-found motivation for the Horsemen, what better way to prove themselves than to re-form an old team and reclaim tag team titles? The former Hollywood Blondes vastly out-performed the Steiner's, which was seen as a shock to many. No one was quite sure, but the Steiner brothers must have been having an off night, especially Rick. You'd think this would lead to new champions, however, the Horsemen members tried to use dirty tactics too many times, which resulted in a Steiner win at 7:39.

Winners: Steiner Brother's

Rating: 68

1394646969_ScottHall11.jpg.883fbbb86e2f659969bea83ce6b46949.jpg1036317616_KevinNash973.jpg.9f1753f9beb5c0c0cf31c536799040e4.jpg

Scott Hall and Kevin Nash are backstage for a promo next. They say that they've been paying close attention to the landscape around WCW and there isn't one area of concentration out of their field of view. They also plan on crashing the party at Spring Stampede and, who knows, they might have some other friends come along.

827284371_RicFlair96.jpg.b789c399c33485a3b937bc7352f270cd.jpg1384801526_BrianPillman963.jpg.4cb45a42db3477e62a56507ce01b4ae4.jpg

After another break, the Horsemen's theme plays once more in the area and this time the Nature Boy Ric Flair walks out, dressed as only the Nature Boy can dress, joined by Brian Pillman. As the two head to the ring, the Saturday Night clip is again shown where Flair and Pillman challenged Eddie Guerrero to a tag match at Spring Stampede. They climb in the ring and surprisingly, Pillman has the mic.

Steve Austin and myself have been given a challenge by the Enforcer and the Nature Boy. As a matter of fact, there's nothing that would make the two of us happier than to make both Arn Anderson and Ric Flair proud! Eddie Guerrero was challenged by me and the Nature Boy to Spring Stampede! Now I know he doesn't have too many friends back there willing to team with him, but we decided to give him a few days to find one! Ric, we may just end up in a handicap match because he can't find anyone!

Flair: Eddie Guerrero, it's put up, or shut up time, pal! If you were able to pull some kind of miracle and find a partner for Spring Stampede, it's time to come out here and tell us! One thing's for certain though, and that's that no matter who it may be, it won't be enough to get a win over the Nature Boy and the 4 Horsemen!

511915052_EddieGuerrero96.jpg.59cef95803460e711c9bb7f679707ea8.jpg

A few seconds go by and Guerrero's music hits, which is promptly made fun of by Pillman. Eddie comes out and stops on the stage to address the Horsemen in the ring. Flair holds open the ropes for Eddie, who refuses the invitation.

Eddie: No, no, no....I'm not going to fall for that old trick, Nature Boy. The two of you seem to be pretty badly mistaken. I have found a partner for Spring Stampede and let me assure you, he's no pushover. In fact, it's someone the two of you are very familiar with.

I'm not going to drag this out for dramatic effect, so I'll just bring him out now...

810064496_LexLuger6.jpg.537061b2d8d7036d47cb538dfdcf7a04.jpg

Lex Luger walks out to a huge ovation from the crowd. Eddie and Luger high five each other and Lex then just turns and stares at Flair and Pillman in the ring, who are now collectively losing their minds. Flair is kicking the ropes and screaming out while Pillman has a look of shock and buries his head in his hands. Nitro fades to it's final commercial break as the Horsemen freak out in the ring and the crowd goes wild.

Rating: 94

43959187_RandySavage9.jpg.771e9815ceb2fce2ec51a2e4eea80afc.jpg vs 1454159788_HulkHogan942.jpg.290da57f3a45f868c49b150b6f90f289.jpg

The moment everyone has been waiting for. The tension built in the arena for this match could be cut with a knife. Randy Savage makes his entrance first and doesn't play to the crowd at all, instead he paces around the ring like a caged animal. Hulk Hogan comes out to his usual mannerisms, playing to the crowd and taunting his way down the aisle. As Hogan begins to pass through the ropes, Savage attacks, causing Michael Buffer to skip his usual long-winded introductions as he makes a mad dash to exit the ring. The fight is on from here as Savage never lets up and even chokes Hogan with his own shirt. The referee doesn't even bother with a 5 count, letting the brawl go on where it eventually spills to the outside. Savage continues the assault in a rage, choking Hogan with TV cables and sending him into the ring posts. Savage loses the momentum when he goes to hit Hogan's head into the steel barrier. Hogan instead blocks it and rams Savages head into it. They trade some offense all around the ringside area before they begin making their way up the aisle and toward the stage. The referee tries to intervene and get them back into the ring but they ignore him. After Hogan whipped Savage into the barrier, the referee again tried to direct him to the ring. Hogan instead, uncharacteristically, pushed the referee off before going back to Savage. This small distraction allowed Savage to get an eye poke on Hogan before sending him into the cold steel. The referee this time tried to plea with the Macho Man to get things back to the ring. This is answered by the Macho Man grabbing the referee and launching him in the other direction. His attention once again turned to Hogan, the two men wildly brawl and go off the side stage area. Cameras frantically try their best to get that way before the two men disappear behind the large curtain. After a few moments, the referee is able to collect himself to officially waive off the match at 10:21. The crowd, excited and loud just moments before, now are confused and disappointed in the result. The announcers seem confused also as Nitro fades off the air.

No Contest

Final Show Rating: 84

• Like 1

hotline.jpg.352eaee7fbd35716b370ad72b032a6f3.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the WCW Hotline Report! I'm Mean Gene Okerlund and we have a ton of huge news to go through this week!

Monday Nitro this week has been pre-empted by TNT due to the NBA playoffs. WCW president Eric Bischoff was reportedly furious with the decision to pre-empt the show as this is the final week heading into Spring Stampede. I'm told that Bischoff did everything possible to try and get Nitro some air time, but it was to no avail.

Marc Mero, formerly in WCW as Johnny B. Badd, and his wife Rena Mero, have announced their divorce. Apparently the relationship became strained after Mr. Mero's WCW contract was not renewed and he was unable to sign a deal elsewhere. It was just reported, however, that he has signed an open contract with World Wrestling Council, which is based out of Puerto Rico and are looking to become a major contender. They also feature Jeff Jarrett, Ron Simmons, and Jake Roberts on their roster.

WCW injury woes continue as two injuries, one major one, have been suffered this week at house shows. Dave Taylor was diagnosed with knee tendonitis. Initial reports indicate that he will still be able to compete in the ring, albeit at a limited capacity, and it is expected to affect his performance for the next year.

In perhaps the biggest news of the week, Rick Steiner was the other to suffer an injury this week. This injury is extremely severe and the match the Steiner's were participating in had to be stopped. Rick Steiner was tended to by paramedics and stretchered out of the ring. Steiner was diagnosed with a Sacral Spinal Cord Rupture and is expected to be completely out of action for over the next year.

This injury continues to pile onto WCW's injury problem. Harlem Heat and now the Steiner Brother's, WCW's two main tag teams, are out of commission. I'm told that WCW has officially vacated the titles and this throws into question the plans for Spring Stampede. WCW were apparently already planning a #1 contender's 3-way tag team and that will now be made for the tag team titles. The match will be the American Males vs Faces of Fear vs Blue Bloods (Dave Taylor & Robert Eaton).

I've also received word that the Macho Man Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan match on Nitro completely fell apart and a rematch will take place at Spring Stampede. Additionally, the Macho Man's career WILL be on the line. I've also been told that this match will be a falls count anywhere, no disqualification and there WILL be a winner!

Here is the official card for Spring Stampede!

WCWSpringStampede3.jpg.2be41832b8df58b57405db201283939e.jpg

Falls Count Anywhere:

Street Fight:

Nasty Boys vs Dungeon of Doom (Big Bubba & Kevin Sullivan)

The Bootyman vs John Tenta

World Title:

Sting vs The Giant (c)

Tag Team Titles:

Faces of Fear vs American Males vs Blue Bloods (Dave Taylor & Robert Eaton)

Television Title:

Fit Finlay vs Lord Steven Regal (c)

Eddie Guerrero & Lex Luger vs Brian Pillman & Ric Flair

• Like 1

Ok guys, so I really goofed up and for some unknown reason, I apparently auto-booked the final Nitro before Spring Stampede and I paid the price for it. I'm going to completely ignore that Nitro and that's why I used it being "pre-empted." This show is also the one that cost me Rick Steiner, though luckily there were no title matches. The AI also booked Hall and Nash which really threw off my plans of not using them in matches for awhile.

Here's the Nitro results from Week 4, April 1996:

Angle between The Giant, Randy Savage, & Ricky Steamboat

Rating: 88

Sting & Hulk Hogan def. Big Bubba & Kevin Sullivan

Rating: 77

Angle w/Big Bubba, Kevin Sullivan, Sting, & Hogan

Diamond Dallas Page, Scott Hall, & Kevin Nash def. Jim Duggan & The Steiner's

(Resulted in Rick Steiner's injury)

Rating: 70

Angle w/DDP, Hall, Nash, Duggan, & Steiner's

Eddie Guerrero def. Dean Malenko to retain US title

Rating: 66

Overall Show Rating: 79

I didn't feel right about editing Steiner's injury and just decided to run with it. I cannot think back to why in the hell I would have auto-booked a final Nitro before a PPV, but oh well. Hopefully you guys are enjoying this!

Falls Count Anywhere:

Street Fight:

Nasty Boys vs Dungeon of Doom (Big Bubba & Kevin Sullivan)

The Bootyman vs John Tenta

World Title:

Sting vs The Giant (c)

Tag Team Titles:

Faces of Fear vs American Males vs Blue Bloods (Dave Taylor & Robert Eaton)

Television Title:

Eddie Guerrero & Lex Luger vs Brian Pillman & Ric Flair

WCWSpringStampede.jpg.6bd92620209e904eb1d6a2bd41e56f39.jpg

Sunday, Week 4, April 1997

LIVE from the Milwaukee County Stadium - Milwaukee, WI

Attendance: 53,000 (SELLOUT!)

WCW's Spring Stampede kicks off with a huge display of fireworks and crowd shots from the sold-out arena. We're brought to the announcer's booth where Tony Schiavone, Dusty Rhodes, and Bobby Heenan welcome everyone. There is much excitement in the air tonight, Tony tells us, as the World, Tag, and Television titles are all on the line and there are huge stakes at hand tonight as the Macho Man Randy Savage's career is also on the line in a grudge match for the ages against Hulk Hogan. They all briefly run down the serious injury that Rick Steiner endured earlier in the week and how he will be out of action for quite a long time, resulting in a winner-take-all match tonight to determine new champions. Bobby thinks that with Harlem Heat and the Steiner's out of the way now, it's anyone match to win. They quickly switch gears to Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan, the big match of the night. Heenan thinks that Hogan is a glory hog who's always been jealous of the Macho Man and that Hogan would love nothing more than to put Savage out of the wrestling business. Tony and Dusty disagree with the Brain and say that's awful harsh. Tony thinks it's a matter of two former friends who have become bitter enemies. Dusty says that's true and Savage might have put too much on the line due to emotions. They all wonder how it will turn out. We're sent backstage for the first promo of the night!

1939256027_GeneOkerlund7.jpg.3d0fae1819795e222e2f46a2352ac868.jpg

49226425_RicFlair8.jpg.70a9898c26d7ae532ed401e54d1bb518.jpg1430652067_BrianPillman963.jpg.d7069269e605d2c245eed94fb6e2d054.jpg63521770_SteveAustin96.jpg.ea65bb0a0a08855ac26dd2b7b203af03.jpg

Gene: Ladies and gentlemen, we are here at Spring Stampede, and to kick off the evening, I'm joined by 3/4ths of the 4 Horsemen, and gentlemen, you not only seem confident, but you seem unified!

Flair: Gene! We are unified and lookin' only as we can look! Tonight, without a doubt, will be a HORSEMEN night! In the last week, we've prepared, we've set our plan, and we know what we need to do! Tonight is all about getting the Horsemen back on track and Gene, there's gonna be no stopping the Horsemen! WWWOOOOOOOO!!!

Austin: Mean Gene Okerlund, hold that microphone up here and do the job you're supposed to do! During the last few weeks, I called out Ricky Steamboat! I challenged him to a match here tonight at Spring Stampede and guess what happened?!? He showed his true colors and proved without a shadow of a doubt that he's too afraid to face Steve Austin! See, I beat him outta WCW once before and right here tonight I was fixin' to do the same thing again and he chickened out! I don't have a match against Ricky Steamboat tonight. As a matter of fact, I don't have a match against anyone! So I'll tell ya what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna go out here next with the Nature Boy and the Loose Cannon and I'm gonna pay real close attention to the tag team match....And then after tonight, Brian Pillman and I are gonna pay real close attention to whoever wins the tag titles, and then we're gonna go take em right off them! That ain't no threat, son, that's a promise!

Hey, Steve, you're not the only one who's going to be walking that aisle with us....C'mon in here Double A!

2023324156_ArnAnderson3.jpg.412f55023558b0d68e674b4eb39459ff.jpg

Arn: My, my my, how good it feels to be back. Lex Luger, you better watch your back, my friend, because you've now got a bullseye on yourself. Nature Boy, you're right, tonight is going to be the Horsemen's night.

Ric Flair & Brian Pillman vs Eddie Guerrero & Lex Luger

49226425_RicFlair8.jpg.70a9898c26d7ae532ed401e54d1bb518.jpg1430652067_BrianPillman963.jpg.d7069269e605d2c245eed94fb6e2d054.jpg vs 2056363190_EddieGuerrero4.jpg.10868a220349704b7c6bf7b988d3ed1a.jpg1053558285_LexLuger6.jpg.6abdbf794ce476fafa5eb44cef8ce890.jpg

The opening of this match proved that the Horsemen were looking to reverse their bad luck and came out blazing. Brian Pillman lived up to his "loose cannon" moniker as he ferociously went after Eddie Guerrero to start. The match eventually cooled down and the Horsemen took over, working very well together and cutting off Eddie from his corner. There were several instances where Eddie got close to making the tag only to have Arn Anderson or Steve Austin distract the referee. Each time, the referee missed the tag to Luger and caused the Total Package to get back to his corner. Anderson and Austin's presence at ringside proved too much for Guerrero and Luger throughout the matchup. The tide finally turned when Pillman was attempting to cut off Guerrero once more, but a miss of a wild punch allowed Eddie to hit a nice dropkick. After crawling over and Anderson and Austin were too late for another distraction, Eddie finally got the hot tag to Luger, causing the crowd to explode with cheers. Luger entered on fire, taking down Pillman, then Flair as he tried to come in. After multiple clotheslines and sending Flair over the top to the outside, Luger tapped his forearm to get ready, pumping the crowd up even more. Luger bounced off the ropes and struck Pillman square in the center of his head. He then motioned for the Torture Rack, causing the packed house to do the same. Anderson now was able to jump on the apron with a chair, distracting Luger. The referee was yelling for Anderson to get down and with Luger's attention, Austin slid in the opposite side of the ring and blasted Luger from behind. He picked up Luger and held him for Pillman to strike. As Pillman rushed in, Luger ducked out of the way, nailing Austin and sending him out of the ring! Luger quickly hoisted a stunned Brian Pillman up in the Torture Rack while the referee turned to see Pillman wildly submitting at 21:01!

Winners: Eddie Guerrero & Lex Luger

Following the exciting opening match, Tony Schiavone is standing off on an interview platform and announces his guest, much to the delight of the packed crowd:

250977102_Sting962.jpg.c6109650d66571e8bf4c25fa2265f5da.jpg

Tony, let me tell you what! The Stinger is, without a doubt, ready for the biggest fight of my life tonight for the World Heavyweight Title! If I thought it was tough last month at Uncensored, you can multiply that by about 1,000! The Giant's no joke and he's going to be gunning after the Stinger but I can promise you this! I will walk out of here tonight the new world champion and I know that's gonna disappoint a lot of people backstage, but they can bring it!

Schiavone: Sting, you've recently been coming out here to confront Scott Hall and Kevin Nash any time they show up. Now that we finally have someone standing up for WCW, do you plan to challenge them to a match??

One thing at a time, Tony. I'm not afraid of confrontation and I'm not afraid of a fight! If Scott Hall and Kevin Nash want to declare a war on WCW, then the Stinger will be happy to stand up because I AM WCW! But like I said, one thing at a time! Tonight, I'm concerned about winning the world title, and that's what I'm gonna do!

Rating: 83

Television Title:

807131492_FitFinlay5.jpg.650d3ac211bf99111224ffb0c709aaa8.jpg vs 1638317199_StevenRegalBB.jpg.28edab5c1e9c098f7bc4b82ac859d16b.jpg

During Regals entrance, they replayed a video clip from WCW Saturday Night a couple of weeks ago with Regal telling Bischoff to find him an opponent for Spring Stampede. It would seem that he did, as Mike Tenay, who is now sitting in for this match on commentary, gives a background on Fit Finlay to the viewers at home. Tenay said how he was particularly excited for this matchup because these two are quite familiar with each other in England and Ireland. Regal, however, seemed completely disgusted with his opponent and wiped himself off after their first lockup. Finlay had several moments where he surprised Regal with his brutality, but Regal actually showed his own mean streak. Regal picked up the win and successfully defended his title with a Regal Stretch submission at 10:08.

Winner: Lord Steven Regal

Rating: 76

Tag Team Titles:

Faces of Fear vs American Males vs Blue Bloods (Taylor & Eaton)

668503855_Meng5.jpg.b4f2aba6c2bec3f71bd21ad1678055cc.jpg875185431_TheBarbarian3.jpg.06281135cecd6f41fc7947fba34ae2e7.jpg vs 1722430770_MarcusBagwell.jpg.08ea363fe2249af35a09bf854ff025f2.jpg2095116425_ScottyRiggs.jpg.952dd5ad82a789d234d6416b85cf0c85.jpg vs 653884799_DaveTaylor.jpg.0175005a7d542c05bd44abb2baef3be4.jpg31307719_BobbyEaton3.jpg.3e8351b14e4c7e85d9ae40614bec461f.jpg

This match featured three teams who have all been vying for challenging for the titles and now they all get their chance to win them after some misfortune by the top teams in WCW, Harlem Heat and the Steiner's. While there was some decent heat to the match, it did struggle a bit to maintain momentum as 3 people were in the ring at once. The Blue Bloods hoped to continue their groups championship bragging rights but anyone could see the real competition was between the Faces of Fear and American Males. Double team efforts kept the Males up with Meng and the Barbarian. After a breakdown of the match where all competitors flooded the ring, Bagwell was able to catch the Barbarian with a flying cross body off the top for the shocking win at 12:25!

Winners and NEW Tag Team Champions: American Males

Rating: 64

1840471728_ScottHall11.jpg.91d9fce7c9137f4a3d0190ac91ae7d83.jpg775862460_KevinNash973.jpg.ba9f8114a9903617b05fb5b616054b2b.jpg

After seeing the American Males celebrate their title win, cameras fade to the backstage area where Scott Hall and Kevin Nash are inside a room watching the monitor as the American Males celebrate:

Hall: Big Kev, you see that?? What a couple-a baffoons....

Nash: Tell me about it...You'd think they won the Super Bowl or somethin'.

Yeah, well, they should enjoy it now. All three of those teams are lucky we weren't in the match, cause we all know who would be holding those belts right now...

No doubt....

Rating: 93

World Title:

Sting vs The Giant (c)

250977102_Sting962.jpg.c6109650d66571e8bf4c25fa2265f5da.jpg vs 473593887_TheGiant97.jpg.da460e17a5ee56199bd1f883eddb4b3c.jpg

Following a short promotional video, both competitors make their entrances for this next match. The crowd were on their feet and excited for the Stinger as the Giant's entrance caused an immediate drop in the mood which turned to fear for the Stinger's safety. This match went much like their match at Uncensored the prior month. Sting used his quickness to gain an advantage which was abruptly stopped like running into a brick wall. The Giant ended up toying with the Stinger and tossing him around like a rag doll. If there were any doubts about the Giant's domination as champion, that stopped at 15:11 when the Giant landed a huge Chokeslam for the convincing win.

Winner: The Giant

Rating: 89

John Tenta vs The Bootyman

1683667771_JohnTenta1.jpg.d923dfc6ad3f3713ff694127c18a9969.jpg vs 215353556_EdLeslie6.jpg.91d19c5f38362b73f4c9e8edea239fb5.jpg

If a bit of air escaped the stadium following Sting's disappointing loss, it was even worse with the next matchup. Not so much due to Tenta, but the excitement vacuum that is the (once again) Bootyman. We're given a brief history of the Bootyman, once lost as the Zodiac and now seeing his fun-loving ways again as the Bootyman, taking on a former Dungeon of Doom teammate John Tenta. Tenta has voiced his desire to compete for the TV title during interviews on Saturday Night and got one step closer after hitting the Earthquake Splash for the pin at 6:54.

Winner: John Tenta

Rating: 55

- We're brought backstage for an interview next as Mean Gene interviews the Nasty Boys ahead of their matchup against the Dungeon of Doom. Gene says this is a sort of grudge match, as Big Bubba and Kevin Sullivan of the returned Dungeon of Doom seek revenge against the two from Nastyville. The score to settle is when the Nasty Boys injured Meng during a match. Sags and Knobbs say they never meant to hurt anyone but that won't keep them from being as mean as they wanna be against the Dungeon of Doom in the Dungeon match coming up next! -

Rating: 57

1596160066_LarryZbyszko6.jpg.7bb211f5e9673de5553ba309b9440b03.jpg

303871301_RandySavage18.jpg.282227142764fc3c8999dbae69fa07ac.jpg

Larry Zbyszko is backstage with the Macho Man Randy Savage to interview him ahead of his upcoming match. Savage, intense as always but also very focused, is wound up tighter than a yo-yo as the Living Legend asks Savage if he's as prepared as he can be for tonight's match, which if he loses, means his career is over.

Larry Zbyszko, there's not one match I've ever been ready for in my entire life more than this one! YEAH! I might hate Hulk Hogan more than anything in the world but if there's anyone in the entire universe that knows Hulk Hogan, it's the Macho Man! Hulk Hogan, I know you better than even YOU know you! Tonight ain't gonna be about the Macho Man's career coming to an end, nuh uh! It's gonna be about the Macho Man getting payback for all the times you had to get involved in my business and refuse to let me have my moments! Hulk Hogan, I got your number, and your number's ZERO!

OHHHHH YEAAHHHH!

Rating: 83

Dungeon Match:

Dungeon of Doom (Bubba & Sullivan) vs Nasty Boys

828771915_RayTraylor96.jpg.3c573d269d09ae196a041628666d4c70.jpg759997457_KevinSullivan.jpg.e9bcd10dde7ef40bf91042cdc58ebc4a.jpg vs 919891946_BrianKnobbs7.jpg.5844aff7ee9aaee3eddfbd1557038c84.jpg1936935839_JerrySags.jpg.6f01b887db7034306be5735b2921218e.jpg

This match was billed as a "Dungeon" match, but really what it was, was a street fight. In reality, it was just 7:56 of pure chaos as both teams brawled all over the ringside area and eventually into the backstage area. Big Bubba and Kevin Sullivan used absolutely anything and everything in their grasp to completely punish the Nasty Boys. After both men were beaten crazy with steel chairs, they remained sprawled out on the cold concrete. The referee checked both men who could not continue and stopped the match.

Winners: Dungeon of Doom

Rating: 73

1939256027_GeneOkerlund7.jpg.3d0fae1819795e222e2f46a2352ac868.jpg

1716903671_HulkHogan942.jpg.7bc46a41bd8cdcf5f17b5818d1e2df04.jpg

Gene-O is once again backstage but this time with the Hulkster. Gene asks Hogan about his thoughts going into this match against the Macho Man. Hogan looks in deep contemplation and stares off at the ground as he begins to answer;

Ya know something, Mean Gene? I never thought it would come down to this between me and the Macho Man. All I've ever done through my career....No....Not just my career, but my life....Me and the Macho Man have traveled together, brother. We've been best friends. I've been there for him not just in wrestling but in our personal lives. When his marriage was ending, it was me who invited Randy Savage into my home. We've cried together, we've bled together, we've broken bones together. Mean Gene, our careers have paralleled each other's! Gene, I don't want to end the career of the Macho Man tonight. I don't. I've tried to resolve this problem we're having peacefully, but he's not interested. Gene, it looks like one more time here tonight, we're going to bleed together again. I don't want to end the Macho Man's career, but that's exactly what I'll do.

Rating: 100

Falls Count Anywhere:

303871301_RandySavage18.jpg.282227142764fc3c8999dbae69fa07ac.jpg vs 1716903671_HulkHogan942.jpg.7bc46a41bd8cdcf5f17b5818d1e2df04.jpg

A match for the ages between two of the most well known names in all of wrestling. Both Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage were on top of their game in this match. Savage entered first and, much like their encounter two weeks ago on Nitro, Savage began his assault just as Hogan was stepping through the ropes. The bell rang and the fight was on. It didn't take long before the match spilled to the floor and the two fought around the ringside area. Shortly after that, the match went into the stands. Security did their best to keep the rabid fans back but the Macho Man used chairs, drinks, and trash cans to bash the Hulkster with. Hogan was bleeding heavily within 5 minutes of the fight beginning. Both men worked their way up the arena steps and into the concourse area, fighting into the concessions. The tide turned to Hogan as he began to mount his comeback, using many of the same items he fell victim to before. It was now Savage's turn to bleed, and bleed he did. The men worked their way through concessions and eventually to the restricted backstage area where they sent each other into walls, gates, and at one point, Savage even tried to Marty Jannetty Hogan by sending him through a window. Hogan blocked it though at the last second and sent Savage into a table, which tipped over throwing its contents everywhere. Eventually, the men made their way back out through the curtain and into the aisle way, heading back toward the ring. Once back through the ropes, both men were showing fatigue but the announcers reiterated that there WILL be a winner in this match, unless both men are unable to continue. Savage through some punches, though they didn't have as much snap on them as they did at the start of the match. Savage tried whipping Hogan into the corner but Hogan reversed, following closely behind with a huge corner clothesline. The Macho Man staggered out and Hogan approached from behind, only to have Savage mule kick Hogan with a low blow! The Hulkster crumpled down to the mat and Savage, seeing the opportunity, went to the top and prepared for his Flying Elbow finish. Savage leapt high into the air and crashed down....On the mat! Hogan moved out of the way, now with a burst of energy. Hogan wasted no time rushing the ropes and on the rebound, went for his Leg Drop! This time though, it was Savage who moved out of the way! The crowd was now going crazy, with not one person sitting down. In one fast motion, Savage again climbed the ropes and this time, rather than his usual preparation for the Elbow, he just jumped, connecting with the Flying Elbow Drop! Hogan began twitching as Savage went for the pin!

Kickout!!! Hogan kicked out!!!! Hogan now is Hulking up and nails Savage with punches, rocking him back toward the ropes. Hogan whips him to the opposite side and hits the Big Boot! Like his life depended on it, Hogan rushed the ropes and went for the Leg Drop, this time connecting with his own finisher and immediately going for the pin!

3!!!!!!

The bell rings at 21:29 and Hulk Hogan, blood mixed with sweat and now tears, is streaming down his face. Randy Savage, completely spent and probably experiencing his own emotions, is down crumpled on the mat as Hogan's hand is raised. The scene holds for a few moments before the show fades out.

Winner: Hulk Hogan

Final Show Rating: 84

• Like 1

1475594502_WCWMondayNitro2.jpg.d47647078364724d838a1fd0f755f6e4.jpg

Week 1, May 1996

LIVE from the Breslin Center - Great Lakes

Attendance: 15,000 (SELLOUT!)

Monday Nitro is 24 hours removed from Spring Stampede and, Tony Schiavone tells us, the Macho Man Randy Savage's career is over! Tony welcomes us, along with Bobby Heenan and Mike Tenay and all three are shocked by the ending of Spring Stampede last night and what this means going forward. Bobby Heenan thinks Savage will struggle with being out of wrestling because that's all he's known for the last 20 years. He also thinks Hulk Hogan was out celebrating all night last night to finally kick the Macho Man out of wrestling. Mike Tenay and Tony Schiavone are sympathetic to the Hulkster, thinking it must have been an emotional thing to end the career of someone he's considered a best friend for so many years. They also let us know that new tag team champions have been crowned and the American Males are now in the top spot of the tag team division, but with that will bring significant challenges, especially when Harlem Heat returns. Tony presses against his headset as someone is speaking to him on the other end and then proceeds that he's just been told breaking news, and that right here, tonight on this program, Hulk Hogan will face The Giant for the WCW World Heavyweight title. Heenan says that Hogan must not be too torn up about beating Savage as he's wasted no time getting a title match. Tony also tells everyone that starting next week, Monday Nitro will move to a 2 hour broadcast, allowing more prime time wrestling action to be brought to you! Just as he's finishing his statement, "Pomp and Circumstance" begins to play over the arena speakers, which brings the crowd back to their feet.

250550574_RandySavage925.jpg.24a362479d8aff19170361180ded94d3.jpg

The Macho Man walks out, though he's not his usual energetic self. Savage is very subdued and, while he's still dressed eccentrically, he's in what you would consider "casual" clothes for the Macho Man. He walks to the ring where Mean Gene is just stepping in, obvious that this was an unscheduled interview. Savage meets Mean Gene in the center of the ring while the music fades out.

Gene: Macho Man, had I known you would be kicking off Monday Nitro tonight, I would've been better prepared. 

Last night at Spring Stampede, you put your career on the line against a former best friend and now considered enemy, Hulk Hogan. After a long back and forth battle, where it appeared you both had nothing left, you were pinned and your career seemingly over. Macho Man, what can you tell us regarding your plans moving forward???

Gene holds the microphone to Savage's mouth and he appears to be about to say something, before shaking his head slightly and stepping back to collect himself. Savage is clearly emotional, but it's all hidden behind his dark, signature sunglasses.

Macho Man, it's undoubtedly difficult to talk about this, though you wouldn't have come out here if you didn't have anything to say. Tell us what you're thinking.

Mean Gene Okerlund, yes, I've got something to say..

Last night, I competed in this ring against probably the biggest name in wrestling - Hulk Hogan.

Last night I put my career on the line because of my extreme hate of everything involving Hulk Hogan! See, it didn't always used to be that way! We got along and we were even friends...But then Hulk Hogan just couldn't stand when anyone else had the spotlight for more than 5 minutes over him! I let that go for years and just chalked it up to two big dudes with two big egos.....Until my last world title reign!

Hulk Hogan, every time the Macho Man experienced an ounce of joy in something, you decided to interfere and take that away! You did that early in my career, you did that with my marriage, and you've done it every time I've won a world title! So last night, I put my career on the line because one way or another, I wanted to be done with you! If I won, you had to never be involved in my career again! If you won, you end my career and I'm out of wrestling! Either way, things between us were going to be finished!

So yeah, maybe I did put too much emotion into it! Maybe I wasn't thinking rationally, but Mean Gene Okerlund, when has the Macho Man ever been rational?!? The fact doesn't change; Hulk Hogan, you won and the Macho Man lost! Unlike you Hogan, I'm a man of my word. Congratulations, well done...You've ended the career of the Macho Man and right off the bat, you get a title shot tonight. The world doesn't change for Hulk Hogan, you still get to live in your ivory tower!

As for the Macho Man??? I don't know what the future has in store for me, but I'll tell ya right now, I ain't finished!

Rating: 91

Dean Malenko & Hugh Morrus vs Lex Luger & Sting

1523836724_DeanMalenko96.jpg.8c57b13502081c355bcb1eef703789a1.jpg1032199325_HughMorrus.jpg.515a88b0156a1db227a5bbe5aaa990ba.jpg vs 1077639045_LexLuger6.jpg.e5f46073ad54dbdfd496a76f1c47eb78.jpg1247928325_Sting11.jpg.bf3d7fea2f05c0ecd2f11fa690d0872c.jpg

The first matchup features an odd pairing and an experience pairing. Of course, the experienced pairing comes out the victors in this match. The announcers wonder if we'll be seeing a more regular team of the Total Package and the Stinger and if they plan on making a run for the tag team championships. Sting got the submission victory at 8:01 with a Scorpion Deathlock on Malenko.

Winners: Sting and Lex Luger

Rating: 70

1914519840_LarryZbyszko6.jpg.58f77130d785d8d98e7cb282aea05d7c.jpg827165890_StevenRegalBB.jpg.7d4711ccc1b783a4fb4f2e113b828716.jpg

After a brief commercial, we return to the entrance ramp where Larry Zbyszko is standing by with Television champion Lord Steven Regal. Regal looks Zbyszko up and down with a look of disgust an arrogance while Larry does his best to ignore it.

Larry: I'm here with the reigning Television champion Lord Steven Regal. Last night at Spring Stampede, Mr. Regal, you defeated Fit Finlay. This was coming off of your recent injury and you proved that you're still the top of the mill with that title defense.

Regal: "Top of the mill???" Is that what you consider me? The top of the mill? Let me explain to you and all of these disgusting people out here, because apparently between the all of you, you've got about half a brain cell to share...

I told Eric Bischoff to find me an opponent for the Television championship because I've beaten everyone there is to beat! I've gotten bored with trying to find a challenger, if I'm being honest. So what's he do? He goes out and finds a bloke named Fit Finlay. Now, I'm no stranger to him either because I've kicked his arse all up and down the coasts of England and Ireland, and I guess I've got to now do it in North America! There's got to be someone around here worth half a challenge!!!

1073527157_ScottSteiner.jpg.0ef64c82dc09ece4c8417d989eda5a9f.jpg

As Regal talks, Scott Steiner emerges from the entrance behind Regal and Zbyszko, which causes the crowd to start to stir and yell in excitement. Steiner slowly walks towards the interview and when he finally gets close enough, he just stands. Regal eventually starts to feel a presence behind him and his eyes grow big. Larry slightly turns his head to see Steiner standing there and just begins to smirk. Regal slowly turns around and when he see's Scott Steiner, he jumps, retreating a few steps as Zbyszko holds the mic for him.

You want someone worth a challenge??? I'll tell ya what...I'll give you that challenge you're looking for, and to give you one further, I'll take that title off of you! Just to give you enough time to prepare, so you don't come up with some excuse of losing, how about we have a match this weekend on Saturday Night?!? Be careful what you wish for, boy, cause you just got it!

Regal begins to walk off, all the while shouting at his challenger. Regal shakes his head "yes" indicating they will indeed have a match for the title on Saturday Night!

Ric Flair vs Brad Armstrong

229453156_RicFlair8.jpg.47afc1227c3eb826580087021da87998.jpg vs 473981791_BradArmstrong5.jpg.c7d77a191fadc951ece9c1d2260f0a67.jpg

All the Horsemen accompany the Nature Boy to the ring tonight, though none of them get involved in this match. It actually ended up being a competitive match, much to the surprise of the viewers. Flair proved why he's the dirtiest player in the game though, as he used plenty of underhanded tactics against Armstrong. Flair got the submission with the Figure Four at 9:54.

Winner: Ric Flair

456269636_SteveAustin96alt.jpg.f5a83773c4cfccc22666303e2a8a79fc.jpg

Immediately after the match, the Horsemen enter the ring and promptly dispatch Brad Armstrong out of it. Steve Austin's got a microphone and a clear chip on his shoulder.

Last night, I was supposed to have a match against Ricky Steamboat, and just like Randy Savage, I was supposed to run his ass out of WCW! But that didn't happen because Steamboat was too afraid to once again face Steve Austin! Well, Ricky Steamboat, just so you don't go bail on me again, and so I can provide the beating to you that you deserve, I'm challenging you to a match at Slamboree, and I can promise you, I'll beat you within an inch of your pathetic life!

1388462184_RickySteamboat92.jpg.b658a411e39abc3b1ea27451b655ae77.jpg

A few seconds later, Steamboat appears on the screen, somewhere back in the locker room area....

Steve Austin, I'm not afraid of you and I'm not hiding from you! As a matter of fact, I accept your challenge, with one other stipulation...I want our match at Slamboree to be a strap match! That'll ensure that neither one of us can run too far away...But Steve, it won't be me being beating....

You think you can beat me in a strap match?!?! You're on!!!

Rating: 84

WCW takes one final commercial break and when we return, we're at the broadcast booth where Tony, Bobby, and Mike all run down tonight's events, excited about Scott Steiner challenging for the TV title and talking about the first match to be signed for Slamboree, Steve Austin vs Ricky Steamboat in a strap match! As they talk, they become interrupted though, which results in Bobby Heenan quickly leaving the area...

1309546131_ScottHall11.jpg.ee32bc4d18634dbe52082cb338018c5f.jpg497827995_KevinNash973.jpg.87ec9f5d85159fb87889c6896c0c7487.jpg

Hall and Nash don't have a microphone, instead they just taunt with Schiavone and Tenay. Hall messes with Schiavone's head set and ruffles his hair as Nash gets in the face of Mike Tenay. The crowd suddenly roar to life once again though --

1247928325_Sting11.jpg.bf3d7fea2f05c0ecd2f11fa690d0872c.jpg

Sting rushes in to the picture and shoves Scott Hall off of Tony. Kevin Nash quickly gets up in Sting's face and it looks like it's only a matter of time before a fight breaks out. Officials and security quickly rush into the scene to keep all of the men back from each other. Scott Hall has a furious look on his face while Nash points and yells at Sting. Sting isn't back down at all himself, either, but all the officials hold the men back. With all the chaos, and no announcers, Nitro goes to an unplanned commercial.

Rating: 92

World Title:

Hulk Hogan vs The Giant (c)

1349399855_HulkHogan942.jpg.e5710fb761685c18da1df239ff4a0f9f.jpg vs 1275009662_TheGiant97.jpg.1b82646fefc763b6098080270e08e9cb.jpg

Back from the unscheduled commercial, Hulk Hogan and the Giant make their entrance for this match. Hogan is all smiles and taunts to the crowd. The Giant isn't fazed by the theatrics given by the veteran. The match starts in typical fashion, both men sizing the other up. The Giant wants a test of strength that Hogan starts to win, but a cheap shot by the Giant reverses course. The Giant maintains control of the match from here, once again showing his dominance just like last night against Sting. The Giant's misfortune was when he went for a running shoulder into the corner. Hogan moved out of the way and the Giant turned into a bodyslam....But Hogan wasn't able to get it all the way and the Giant crashed down on him, nearly getting the pin. Hogan was able to come back though when he ducked a big boot and on rebound, went for a shoulder tackle. Neither man went down as a result and looked at each other. Both men turned and rushed the ropes, but Hogan again ducked a running clothesline and both men rebounded. On the return, Hogan hit his Axe Bomber (running clothesline) which is used as his finish in Japan. The Giant didn't fall though, he was merely rocked. After staggering a few steps, Hogan again picked the Giant up for a slam and this time got him! With his back aching, Hogan motions for the Leg Drop. He rushes the ropes and comes off, leaping high in the air and connecting! He goes for the pin but the Giant kicks out at 2!!!!

With Hogan stunned, the Giant is slowly getting to his feet. Hogan taunts the crowd some more to get them fired up and he motions that he's going to slam the Giant again! Hogan goes in but the Giant grabs him by the throat!!! He lifts Hogan high in the air and crashes him to the mat! The Giant is extremely pleased with himself and goes for the pin, but Hogan kicks out at 2 and begins to Hulk up!!! Jimmy Hart has now come down to ringside and is watching from outside as Hogan begins hitting punches on the Giant, rocking him back toward the ropes. Hogan then whips the Giant to the ropes for his Big Boot and connects! The Giant is still reeling as he then flips over the top rope and to the outside! Seeing the end in sight, Hogan is frantically taunting out to the crowd and goes to grab the Giant to bring him back into the ring. As Hogan reaches over the top rope to grab the Giant's hair, who's outside on the floor, The Giant then blasts Hogan in the head with the World Title, right in front of the referee. What wasn't seen was Jimmy Hart handing the Giant the title to hit Hogan with. The bell rings at 15:43 and the Giant and Jimmy Hart quickly make their way up the aisle to make an exit from the arena. Hogan is down on the mat with blood trickling down his forehead as Nitro fades to a close.

Winner by Disqualification: Hulk Hogan

Final Show Rating: 83

• Like 3