Make-A-Mod-Wish

I'm thinking about the ambitious project to make a historical real life mod.
Because there are already many mods and I don't want to create a duplicate or waste my time, I'll just ask you:

1.) is there a need for another mod at all?
2.) which starting point in history is missing and would you like to play as a mod?

Thanks for your paticipation in advance!

If you really, really feel like adding a whole lot of data, I'd say that any mod starting before the 1970's would be awesome: we already have a mod for the 30's, but then there's a huuuuge gap until the 70's without any mod, at least as far as I know.

Now, obviously that wasn't necessarily the era most people would know about/want to play, but it would bring us closer to the possibility of a mega-mod playable from the 30's to current day, and there are enough relevants things happening to make it interesting: the creation of AWA in 1960, the golden ages of French and Spanish wrestling in the 50-60's, the Rikidozan era in Japan, etc.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

If you really, really feel like adding a whole lot of data, I'd say that any mod starting before the 1970's would be awesome: we already have a mod for the 30's, but then there's a huuuuge gap until the 70's without any mod, at least as far as I know.

Now, obviously that wasn't necessarily the era most people would know about/want to play, but it would bring us closer to the possibility of a mega-mod playable from the 30's to current day, and there are enough relevants things happening to make it interesting: the creation of AWA in 1960, the golden ages of French and Spanish wrestling in the 50-60's, the Rikidozan era in Japan, etc.

Yeah, I'd definitely like to see a mod like this - what if you don't run with Bruno at the top of the WWWF?

Heck, I also wouldn't find seeing a mod that goes back earlier than the 1930s with some of the all time early era greats like Frank Gotch, truly see how different a wrestling world ends up being.

December 1976 -- WTBS (which airs GCW) goes national, WWF is currently part of the NWA, AJPW & NJPW still in their infancy, Inoki/Ali just months prior

March 1988 -- Belt is off Hogan for the first time in four years, Bruiser Brody is still alive (would be murdered 4 months later), JCP on its last legs before being sold to Turner

August 1996 -- Following the formation of the nWo, peak of Monday Night Wars

I don't think I've ever seen a fully fleshed out mod from 2000 for a TEW, and I really don't get why. It was, not even close, the best WWF year of the Attitude Era. The start of the year was incredibly interesting from a gameplay perspective. Austin, Vince, The Undertaker were all gone for months. You had the Mick Foley stuff, the Stephanie and Triple H stuff, The Rock stuff, the Rikishi stuff, The Radicalz stuff, the Kurt stuff, among other things. Then you could recreate the transformation that WWF went through around the spring and summer where the style became a little more wrestling focused. The tag division was absolutely cooking too.

Then outside the WWF, WCW was completely tanking, and ECW was on bad times.

• Like 1

thecoolestjedi21 has been working on a year 2000 mod. He’s released a couple betas but sadly there’s been no updates since May.

2000 is definitely the year I’d like to see too, and whilst I wouldn’t want his thunder stolen it would be a shame if no finished mod for 2000 was created. 

Failing that a 99 mod would be great. Whatever the year, I’ll also echo previous sentiments to make the starting point at a pivotal moment in the year that sets the game up realistically for a quite a few months rather than defaulting to January

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 3:50 AM, thiagofjv said:

1999 is my fav here.

YES! We need a Mod that starts in 99, because if I remember correctly, the first Nitro in 99 was the show with the Fingerpoke of Doom. The Roster is still great and you should get the chance to save WCW before its way too late. Maybe even make two starter-versions of a 99-mod, one where the Fingerpoke of Doom has happpened and one where its not yet happened. I would love a mod for 99 so much, I've been hoping for this for soooo long. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I actually have 2 ideas.

Cornellverse 1980s - Idc where you want to start but I just want a mod where Sam Strong and Rip Chord were the biggest things.

or

An original alternate reality wrestling mod in 1985 - present day (I'd highly recommend late 80s to mid 90s but its up to you) that has the industry being very chaotic, vibrant, and super fast moving - Just make sure this isn't to similar to other alternate realities like wrestling at war, goodnight or goodbye, etc.

I would love a mod in about 2016-2018 right before AEW at the peak of the indy revolution that would be the spark for AEW. You could see AEW form or The Elite could go to WWE and light them on fire. ROH could become a major player with Cody as a top talent. The Hardy Boyz could stay with Impact and continue the Broken Universe. Perhaps you can book a more climatic ending to the Undertaker's career then on a set with no fans. Jinder as WWE Champion can be somewhat better. These are all ideas and it depends on when someone decided to set the mod but I see a ton of potential in a pre AEW save.

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

I think there is a ton of time periods i would love to play but have not seen a mod for

1 1950-60 mod i dont see any mods before the 70s so I think a 50s-60s would be really nice to play

2 Somewhere around 93=94-95 before the attitude era where the wwf is at its lowest point trying to build them back up would be fun

3 a mid 2000s mod would also be really fun I havent seen too many good mid 2000s mods so I think a mid 2000s would be great

4 Lastly a 2015-16 mod would be really fun I have not seen a 2015-16 mod, I would like to see it start maybe right after wrestlemania 31 but somewhere in the timeframe of 2015-16 would be a great idea for a mod

I think 2002 would have a bunch of interesting booking opportunities.

WWE wise you'd have the first WWE draft, return of Triple H, WrestleMania X8, Austin's walk out and Lesnar, Cena, Orton and Batista yet to debut on the main roster.

Elsewhere in the US you have ROH and TNA starting up with Eddie Guerrero and a bunch of WCW and ECW castoffs as free agents in the indies.

In Japan you'd have New Japan doing the Inoki-ism thing and the new Three Musketeers in Tanahashi, Nakamura and Shibata.