I always played with real world mods and I recently decided to go with a default database and choose EMLL as my promotion.

I love all the details and ongoing storylines happening (the whole rings/alternate dimensions/multiverse deal is awesome), but I can't find a good recap of all things that happened. I am able to get a few glimpses through wrestler bios, but I feel like I'm missing the bigger picture.

Does anyone know where I can read the full lore of EMLL? Doesn't even have to be full, but I'd like at least some sort of recap of how the rings of power came to be, and what is the story behind them. I want to keep my booking consistent with the lore.

This is far from the easiest way to learn about EMLL and it involves a lot of reading. You can download the demo of all the TEW versions (probably need to find the freeware TEW05 somewhere else) and create a new game with the default database just to read up on the wrestlers and companies bios. This gives you lore info of every few years of what happened in the CornellVerse.

19 hours ago, mr.johndoe said:

I love all the details and ongoing storylines happening (the whole rings/alternate dimensions/multiverse deal is awesome), but I can't find a good recap of all things that happened. I am able to get a few glimpses through wrestler bios, but I feel like I'm missing the bigger picture.

That's intentional; it was written in that way so that the user has enough glimpses that they can get a feel for it but that they can fill in the gaps and finer details in whatever way they like without 'breaking canon'. So, no, you won't ever find a detailed backstory as no such thing exists - go nuts and fill it in yourself, whatever you come up with is as valid as anyone else's!

• Like 1

EMLL is by far my favorite promotion but there is no real history except for what is in the bio's. You need to extrapolate what is in there to figure out where things go. The most basic thing is that it started as a basic Lucha Promotion with only 1 on 1 matches, unlike the usual lucha promotions that do a lot of tag and trios matches. But somewhere along the line it changed into this mystical promotion with a history of dark magic and multidimensional travel. The bios are not specific to when that happened but you can just pick it up from there. But I'm happy to bounce ideas around.

7 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

And considering there is at least one canon time traveler in EMLL, the history can change whenever you want, even in the middle of an event! Pretty sure Dr. Kube did something like that at least once in Kaiju Big Battel.

Technically the KBB video game but yeah it happened.

On 1/12/2023 at 9:06 AM, Adam Ryland said:

That's intentional; it was written in that way so that the user has enough glimpses that they can get a feel for it but that they can fill in the gaps and finer details in whatever way they like without 'breaking canon'. So, no, you won't ever find a detailed backstory as no such thing exists - go nuts and fill it in yourself, whatever you come up with is as valid as anyone else's!

I guess this is about as good info as I'm going to get!

I already started doing a bunch of things, and will probably have a Marvel-style war between good and evil by the end of the year.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 7:24 AM, Matt_Black said:

And considering there is at least one canon time traveler in EMLL, the history can change whenever you want, even in the middle of an event! Pretty sure Dr. Kube did something like that at least once in Kaiju Big Battel.

I love Kaiju. As a note I've actually wrestled for them once under the Burger Bear costume