FCW: It Matters!

Freedom Fighters 2

Brody's Final Match in the quest to 10: Giant Brody vs ???

Winners face Harlem Knights for the FCW Tag Team Titles: Ox & Ace vs Relentless vs Joffy Laine and Davis Wayne Newton

Lee Bambino continues the hard hitting interviews he wants to be known for, but being the amateur he is requires your help. Do the fans have any questions for Carlos Gonzalez ahead of his clash with Marco?

Freedom Fighters 3

Mutant & Kip Keenan vs Relentless

Young & Wasted vs Batch Enterprises (Tex Tegan & Martyr)

This time it will be the FCW Puerto Rican Champion, Mutant, in Lee Bambino's hot seat. What would you like to see asked of your reining champion?

What percentage of the title do you owe to PRP?

Freedom Fighters 2

Winners face Harlem Knights for the FCW Tag Team Titles: Ox & Ace vs Relentless vs Joffy Laine and Davis Wayne Newton

Freedom Fighters 3

Freedom Fighters 2

Lee Bambino continues the hard hitting interviews he wants to be known for, but being the amateur he is requires your help. Do the fans have any questions for Carlos Gonzalez ahead of his clash with Marco?

Freedom Fighters 3

Freedom Fighters 2

Did you see Marco turning out like this while he was growing up?

Freedom Fighters 3

This time it will be the FCW Puerto Rican Champion, Mutant, in Lee Bambino's hot seat. What would you like to see asked of your reining champion?

Does it make you happy that HH is now gone? Or do you feel you lack a worthy adversary?

On 4/4/2023 at 9:57 PM, AboardTheArk said:

This was definitely more representative of what "normal" TV is going to be and...it was damn good! The Carlos interview was particularly super strong, and the Keenan swerve is just solid, delightful wrestling television.

Thank you, I think you're right and episode 3 above is in a similar vain, less marquee matches or big storyline developments but hopefully it will mean the PPVs are built to well and slowly the characters feel more fleshed out. I'm hoping to keep up a decent pace on the weekly shows just so it doesn't feel like the general pace of the storylines slow down to much in real time. So the TV shows might feel a little short sometimes but I think that's a good trade off to keep the in game months ticking a long at a good enough pace. 

Will post an updated prediction score list soon. I'm still pretty scared what will happen in game. FCW start with I think 50k and after being careful I began August with around 40k. I now begin September with just 5... so something has to give. 

• Like 1

Prediction Rankings

QFresh: 4 6 3 4 5 5 2 3 3 (35)

AboardTheArk: 5 4 2 5 6 2 4 5 (33)

Willsky: 4 5 3 5 6 4 4 (31)

jcarmjn: 4 5 3 5 5 1 4 (27)

MidKnightDreary: 5 4 6 4 3 4 (26)

Newbiezness: 3 4 5 2 2 5 (21)

DinoKea: 4 5 4  (13)

D-lyrium: 6 3 (9)

KyTeran: 6 3 3 4 (16)

The Blonde Bomber: 4 3

TheHeel: 5  

Aura: 5

Neslo024: 4

Prime Time: 3

Thanks all for predictions/questions for Lee. Mr Bambino officially apologies to AboardTheArk for rudely ignoring his fan question. Somebody will get fired for that blunder (which can only help with our current financial woes).

Up next on TV-PR...

Join us for FCW's 4th ever televised show as they take the final stop before Choked Out!

Freedom Fighters 4 Predictions

Harlem Haynes vs Davis Wayne Newton

Xavi Ferrera vs Rob Reynolds

Bonus Point: Which FCW fighter will we see hard at work in the gym preparing for their clash at Choked Out!  Mutant, Marco Gonzalez or King Kong Kennedy or Charlie Thatcher?

Bonus Point: Mutant and Kip Keenan will meet in the ring ahead of their upcoming title clash, but which man will end the segment still standing?  Mutant, Kip Keenan, Both of them, Neither of them?

Edited by christmas_ape
  • Like 1

Bonus Point: Which FCW fighter will we see hard at work in the gym preparing for their clash at Choked Out!  Mutant, Marco Gonzalez or King Kong Kennedy or Charlie Thatcher?

Bonus Point: Mutant and Kip Keenan will meet in the ring ahead of their upcoming title clash, but which man will end the segment still standing?  Mutant, Kip Keenan, Both of them, Neither of them?

Another good show! As for the financial woes, if you raised production values to get on TV, you're just kinda screwed and it will take A WHILE for you to make profit, by which point you'll be in the red with no way of getting out. There's a reason in most saves the AI FCW gets bankrupted - they instantly get on WrestleWorld (I know you went on TV-PR, that's why I don't know your production situation). I did have one FCW save where I went for a couple years and I barely avoided debt but I don't remember how and honestly it might even have been the editor. That doesn't mean it's hopeless or your fault necessarily, this company is set up to lose money before making money regardless.

Giving this a go, but I'm not too familiar with FCW :D Love your work though, as you know!

I enjoyed getting caught up. The TV show is doing a good job fleshing out characters: I really liked the Mutant and pizza parlour parts of the latest show. The financial damage makes for an interesting subplot with the contrast between how cleanly everything's been booked so far and how messy those restrictions might make things.

I thought it was the right call to have at least one of the guys fail their race to 10 and the way it was paid off fit perfectly, while it's impressive how smoothly you pivoted the People's Championship vacation by adding title implications to the two Choked Out matches that weren't title-related.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 619 said:

I enjoyed getting caught up. The TV show is doing a good job fleshing out characters: I really liked the Mutant and pizza parlour parts of the latest show. The financial damage makes for an interesting subplot with the contrast between how cleanly everything's been booked so far and how messy those restrictions might make things.

I thought it was the right call to have at least one of the guys fail their race to 10 and the way it was paid off fit perfectly, while it's impressive how smoothly you pivoted the People's Championship vacation by adding title implications to the two Choked Out matches that weren't title-related.

As always I appreciate your comments so it's great to see you back. Hopefully this also means DIW 2024 is incoming? 

But yes as long as the financial troubles don't bankrupt us then I think it might actually improve the general feel. I set goals early on and I suppose it's a little boring if I accomplish them all without any hardships. It's definitely caused me to have to rethink whole 3-6 month long plans but I normally find that the Plan A rarely ends up the best anyway. Case in point the initial plan was for both Brody and Kip to get to 10, leading to a triple threat, but obviously that's going a different way now so it's good to see your thoughts on that. 

Choked Out! up next. Although might be another world update or something along those lines first. 

Edited by christmas_ape
  • Like 1

Caught up!

So cool how you’ve retained elements of the RAW diary, like building out the “world” (or island) with different locations which adds to the idea that the wrestlers are in the community (and therefore makes sense they want to be champ of the island etc.)— but you’ve got different and unique renders. Awesome.

I’m really enjoying the Joffy/Newton alliance, the downfall of HOH, and intrigued who Mutant’s ultimate rival will be… I’m sensing a heel turn as he goes full arrogant so my bet is on Xavi. The Harlem Knights turn was a full on heel-heel turn I wasn’t expecting! Bold!

Also, did IBA legit break his jaw…?

(p.s. bring in a women’s division…)

Edited by Rhysrob

5 hours ago, Rhysrob said:

Caught up!

So cool how you’ve retained elements of the RAW diary, like building out the “world” (or island) with different locations which adds to the idea that the wrestlers are in the community (and therefore makes sense they want to be champ of the island etc.)— but you’ve got different and unique renders. Awesome.

I’m really enjoying the Joffy/Newton alliance, the downfall of HOH, and intrigued who Mutant’s ultimate rival will be… I’m sensing a heel turn as he goes full arrogant so my bet is on Xavi. The Harlem Knights turn was a full on heel-heel turn I wasn’t expecting! Bold!

Also, did IBA legit break his jaw…?

(p.s. bring in a women’s division…)

Yes I've enjoyed slowly following along with you catching up via the likes. Appreciate you taking the time to get fully caught up! Hopefully perfect timing just prior to the first event of the TV era. 

Interesting points...  Regarding the locations I feel like it's something I want to lean into more as we go further. Initially my thought was FCW is pretty traditional and I imagine it's presentation fairly bare bones but with TV now I'm shifting that a little. For RAW all these sets made sense to me as it's a big national promotion owned by a TV company, so I wasn't sure whether it would feel right for FCW but in my mind this is more 'lets film an angle on your phone because it's cheap and easy'. 

I want go into Mutant plans but I could see him Vs Xavi as a future main event feud for sure...

If I'm honest the Harlem Knights l comment is perhaps more of a sign that I've overlooked them a little. They have actually always been heel in game but I admit that a) they were treated/acted a bit like faces when they won the titles and b) the pizza parlour attack was a big step up in heelness. They were definitely on my list of people who I'm hoping the extra promo/angle time with TV will benefit.

IBA, short answer no. As perfect as that would have been with Bradford's finisher. 

Women's division I do keep considering. I've kept signing to a bare minimum on purpose but slowly I've chipped away at roster. That might speed up now with me forced to let go of anyone on too much money. So they'll definitely be space on the card for signings that will work for cheap. I just wouldn't want to bring in a couple and call it done, i think there's room for another title but I'd only do WD if I feel I could do it well.

Not decided that those signings will be a women's division, but if so do you @Rhysrob or anyone else have any suggestions? Male or female actually. If they'll work in Puerto Rico for cheap, especially if they live in or close to us to save on travel costs there's a good chance I'll seriously consider them. 

I've rambled on... Show predictions up tomorrow. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, christmas_ape said:

Not decided that those signings will be a women's division, but if so do you @Rhysrob or anyone else have any suggestions? Male or female actually. If they'll work in Puerto Rico for cheap, especially if they live in or close to us to save on travel costs there's a good chance I'll seriously consider them. 

Boriken Love Machine Jr is always a natural choice for FCW for me as he already has a story of being the son of a puerto rican wrestler, leaving the island and start a career in Mexico. I'd like to see how you book his comeback to Puerto Rico.

I think it plays off well-- FCW is about the Island being its own scene so it makes sense that wider locations like the beach etc. are backdrops! 

I didn't really sense Harlem Knights as either face or heel to be fair, so I was surprised they went out the gate with the brutality! But that's a good thing, it made me take notice of them. 

Hmm interesting choice to cut off IBA like that then... I assume it was something beyond your control. Signed else where or just too much to have on each show maybe. 

I'm bias towards women being part of the product but it does make sense in terms of keeping costs down and padding out the roster with decent talent. The "base game" doesn't have options but with the various expansions the obvious choice is Lady San Juan, who is allegedly PC's daughter. Or she could be a good fit in with Kid San Juan and IPA, a kayfabe sister or cousin. Miss Havana is also a good shout as a potential foil, some island rivalry turned into mutual respect. Some of other prospective PC natives from mods: Frasquita Solera & Ana Rivera. Then some outside talent that would fit the FCW vibe to lay the foundation: Hellcat Hernandez [perfect heel], Pamela Rojo [bad ass monster], Pinky Perez [the face] & Darkness Cat [the spot monkey fodder]. I can't imagine they would charge a lot... But sometimes I have total unknowns asking for 800 PPA...

A TV-PR Special Broadcast

FCW: Choked Out!

"No brakes down an endless dark incline

Most of the boys won't ever cross this line,

If they all wanna die dead broke that's fine that's fine

Everybody's got their limits... nobody's found mine"

FCW Puerto Rican Title: Mutant (c) vs Kip Keenan

Billy Russell and Xavi Ferrera vs Handsome Stranger and Frederique

First Blood Match: Carlos Gonzalez vs Marco Gonzalez

FCW Tag Team Titles: The Harlem Knights (c) vs Joffy Laine and Davis Wayne Newton

If Kong Loses He Leaves The Island: King Kong Kennedy vs Charlie Thatcher

• Like 2