Choosing How Many Falls a Wrestler Wins

This would be for matches that use two/three falls or most falls. Being able to choose who wins what fall and how. This could also have a impact on popularity for instance someone being swept in a match would be more effective for the winning wrestler and more detrimental to the loser where them splitting falls will have less of an impact showing they’re equals.

On 3/2/2023 at 1:00 PM, The Blonde Bomber said:

someone being swept in a match would be more effective for the winning wrestler and more detrimental to the loser where them splitting falls will have less of an impact showing they’re equals.

Can't that be simulated with the road agent notes to set a worker to dominate the match or to be kept strong? I mean I know the match results won't specifically say "so-and-so won 2-0" but I think that's implicit in the case of a 2 out of 3 falls match that if you set a worker to dominate it means they win 2-0 or if you set a worker to be kept strong it will be a 2-1 situation.

50 minutes ago, MisterSocko said:

Can't that be simulated with the road agent notes to set a worker to dominate the match or to be kept strong? I mean I know the match results won't specifically say "so-and-so won 2-0" but I think that's implicit in the case of a 2 out of 3 falls match that if you set a worker to dominate it means they win 2-0 or if you set a worker to be kept strong it will be a 2-1 situation.

The problem I see with that is, for instance uisng Kept Strong has a negative effect on the overall rating of the match. Making a 2/3 Falls match go 2-1 shouldn't also negatively effect the final rating.

The other point is that, while yes in theory, one who wins 2-0 would be considered as having dominated the match in most cases, it isn't always true.
For instance, nothing says you can't book someone to lose a 2/3 falls with a 2-0 score, but have the two pins be by lucky roll-up from an underdog worker who otherwise was getting thrown like a ragdoll by their much bigger and stronger opponent. The rumors I might have considered doing so with a Kalisto-Brock Lesnar match are totally just that, rumors though 👀

And of course, this suggestion also works with multi-men matches: matches like the Iron Survivor match from NXT would be easier to reproduce with a possibility to pick who gets how many "wins", as someone winning that type of match with a single pin over everyone else not having one doesn't feel the same as if you had someone wins by 7 pins while three others workers have 5 and the last one was the victim of unspeakable abuses and turned out to be pinned like 20 times in an hour.

• Like 2

The other problem I can see with that is that a "Domination" note generally requires you to have a short match since fans don't want to see a brutal, dominant beatdown go 20 or 30 minutes. But a 2/3 falls match can go that long. And just because it ends 2-0 doesn't mean that the winner dominated and beat down the other guy the whole time.

St.T

• Like 1