WWE 2k23: Playing the Game

On 8/8/2023 at 1:33 PM, Pipers Pit said:

So good news and bad news.  Bad news first.  Due to a medical issue we're on pause.  Should not be long term.  

Good news, the weather is beautiful today where I live.  

Update: 

The medical issue was with me. I am nearly back to full strength and I plan to return to work tomorrow, which means I plan to get us back on track this week. Thanks to PP for being a terrific partner in this and to everyone for understanding. Will get Raw out as soon as possible!

On 8/13/2023 at 6:29 PM, Kimberly said:

Update: 

The medical issue was with me. I am nearly back to full strength and I plan to return to work tomorrow, which means I plan to get us back on track this week. Thanks to PP for being a terrific partner in this and to everyone for understanding. Will get Raw out as soon as possible!

Obviously, I’m not back yet. I’m trying to get to back to normal, but had to go to a doctor yesterday. The new plan is for this weekend. I’m so sorry everyone, this was more debilitating than I thought that it would be. 

45 minutes ago, Kimberly said:

Obviously, I’m not back yet. I’m trying to get to back to normal, but had to go to a doctor yesterday. The new plan is for this weekend. I’m so sorry everyone, this was more debilitating than I thought that it would be. 

Just hope you're able to get back to 100%, GDS Forums can wait!

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 4:33 PM, MidKnightDreary said:

Just hope you're able to get back to 100%, GDS Forums can wait!

Thank you! My tag team partner in this has been so supportive, but yeah this was worse than I expected. Doctor told me to be patient with a neck injury, but I haven't listened well lol

• Like 1

tGlZT8C9vcGdZSIEWUon3BU0G35oNPtJQqU7Pi3urdyuu4QfcSZ-9yNMNo7ds6TF3tIao-HDoonhPwos

q-zPYxqKH2zi4skImB5ebXGHqIhow_QGUWMoTV_QHv5XVNFRk0WTVZXJs3XbCUYpqnPbV0VjUMlSWCIp

2julWH4Iro3jmOHOPU2Q6LR-q8RdQHSDHptZ6gIR9Bfi-mgsDcLbmHe0SadO2vbBowgCunwXzbQj20hA

WWE Raw opens with a video hyping all six matches for SummerSlam this Saturday. It focuses on the big three primarily (the World Heavyweight Championship, the Women’s World Title and Brock vs Cody Hell in a Cell), but the other three matches get airtime. Tonight is the last stop for Raw before the biggest party of the summer.

Welcome to Monday Night Raw. 

August Week 1, 2023

TOYOTA CENTER

HOUSTON, TEXAS

JZdX5pr5wc5XyvG2v75VLPkO-AGtziAEOnnqijmH

rdyuu4QfcSZ-9yNMNo7ds6TF3tIao-HDoonhPwos

The challenger for the World Heavyweight Championship this Saturday comes down to the ring sans The Judgment Day and grabs a mic.

Balor says that this Saturday in Detroit is the moment that Finn gets his life and his career back. A couple of weeks ago, Seth Rollins said some uncomfortable things, but they are things that may be true.

The truth is that the injury suffered at SummerSlam in 2016 did derail the trajectory of Finn Balor’s life. It was all so planned out: become the first Universal Champion, lead Raw into the future, main event Wrestlemania and prove to the McMahon family that their doubts were all unfounded.

And that one moment ruined it all, all because of one man. SETH ROLLINS RUINED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

But this Saturday is the day of redemption for Finn Balor, because Finn will walk into Ford Field as the underdog, but he will leave World Heavyweight Champion. And then all the wrongs in his life will be fix….

tGlZT8C9vcGdZSIEWUon3BU0G35oNPtJQqU7Pi3u

The World Heavyweight Champion says that he is tired of all this whining and bitterness by a once great man. It’s sad. Seth has empathy for the fact that Balor’s career hasn’t gone in the direction that he wanted it to go, but this is just whining and bitterness.

Seth looks at Finn and says that it was never Seth “Freakin” Rollins that ruined the career of Finn Balor. It was not the freak injury, which was an accident by the way, and it was not “politics” that derailed a once promising career and made Finn rely on other men…and a woman…to do his dirty work.

Finn Balor ruined the career of Finn Balor. It is as simple as that, but Balor is right. This Saturday is an opportunity at redemption. This Saturday Balor can find who he used to be and if he does, maybe..just maybe he will be good enough to defeat the champ and become the man. But if this Finn Balor shows up in Detroit? Then Balor will be a loser yet again only this time it is his last chance. Because if he blows it, again, how will anyone ever think that he can be more than just upper midcard? 

Seth tells Finn that it’s time to man up or finally shut the hell up for good.

Balor looks affected before smiling and tells Seth that he’s right, but he will live to regret saying this. Finn Balor is still that man…and he will show up at SummerSlam and that is the night that the lights go out on Seth “Freakin” Rollins’ title reign. Seth will lose…again at SummerSlam.

Seth raises the title and says “then prove it”. Both men stare at each other and then at the title that they both covet. There is nothing left to say….Finn Balor will challenge Seth “Freakin” Rollins for the richest prize in sports this Saturday at SummerSlam!

We’ll be right back

i96bbdC-UnDvRBPypW8lECnnJkP11qHmtimEs7ut

COMMERCIAL BREAK

lpmh9tilo36mHSBz99P8Evtd-2fjFoLkz-h9qp_T

WWE Raw returns and we see another vignette of the Modern Day Maharajah Jinder Mahal in India. Jinder says that he has found his future and it is in the form of two men that will bring glory back to India. The day draws near when Jinder returns, with his two warriors, to take over Monday Night Raw.

Xu-o1jfOYRDdvyHBxBYgSQFeHP1N09nR01jhSWpieVzN6zFLz6zwu44uQlcVtpsm3dFvV7iRrnN2peaOkHUBQ2Z2ICpdjwh0NHPokS1FIngl7rRR9Fiketj2UqC4oI7F9XIaYKuBYZmUgYXbdR5qk6UMQOseiLzL

CHELSEA GREEN VS INDI HARTWELL w/CANDACE LERAE

*This match is about showcasing Hartwell and she shows off some strong offense while her “mother” cheers her on

*After some near falls, Indi hits a Springboard Elbow Drop for a pinfall victory

RESULT: INDI HARTWELL WINS BY PINFALL

DcMF4-6sfljBb64zLtEyiLf57v8VcvytbIIcMjfeaq2dGUChXMuAQ_MSW1QtzfF-2_QtM4Yw-5jN07WS

Carlito is backstage with Byron Saxton. Carlito talks about how we are only 5 days away from this little experiment of Bronson Reed actually meaning anything. Carlito starts mocking Bronson and saying that he’s not cool, but he is cut off when Carlito is suddenly sent flying through the interview set. 

bBJKnToj1khj_JjYn3trm2Vvl_jmAfIuNCxwSM44foGc1UNuwA-sCveekZnAuSCROQfVVqEVluevLhNn

Bronson Reed is there with The Miz egging him on ragdolls Carlito around the backstage area. This goes near a metal door and Bronson lifts Carlito up like he is going to do a slam on the floor, but instead rams Calito back first into the metal door. Reed climbs up on some equipment and looks like he is gonna leap off to do a splash with Calito prone on the floor, but Eric Bischoff and officials rush in and stop Reed.

As Bronson climbs down, Miz looks down on Carlito with disdain and sarcastically wishes Carlito “luck” on Saturday. Miz and Reed walk off while officials check on Carlito who is clearly hurt.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

5WxVRxpDYfEiFRZdEuA14T81igvsvuPMKjrfgwGpjt_ijnDVVsbwmiUKCO87vYuM8QwFZ458rocz60dFeVzN6zFLz6zwu44uQlcVtpsm3dFvV7iRrnN2peaO7F2tuNy9FmgZkN56g9JISls7CJI7CIeVnGSG3_qscue6b0Vd_DY_QwH5lQ8wjl63v2cHnoNt0ib7vVNmKpQnWv-7XvujHT5zG8VFjJ_MpGoMjUr48_l2g_xG

LOS LOTHARIOS VS ALPHA ACADEMY

* Los Lotharios get some decent offense in this match and even get a near fall on Otis of all people

*But Alpha Academy are too good and too well of a team and before long, Chad Gable does an Olympic Slam and then Otis drops a huge elbow drop for the pinfall

RESULT: ALPHA ACADEMY WINS BY PINFALL

9Bfi-mgsDcLbmHe0SadO2vbBowgCunwXzbQj20hA

In the back, The American Nightmare Cody Rhodes is seen walking down to the ring. When Raw returns, Rhodes is in action against The Judgment Day’s Damian Priest just 5 days away from meeting Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam. Is this a mistake? Find out live…next. 

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hv5XVNFRk0WTVZXJs3XbCUYpqnPbV0VjUMlSWCIp_vH0NNNQGTGMdO2URcuTvm1kpNXSTOwcZxk6_jAS

F0Muls8Rql1VsMVPQVzSuL0_ynGbWD8LrrML9uxux-0r99_EtmDoQoDw1x0WUUBMEBZKr_yTVL8M98Qu

Raw returns and we see a graphic reminding us that still to come is Trish Stratus vs Sonya Deville and in our main event GUNTHER will defend the Intercontinental Championship against Dolph Ziggler. 

UOCl2-nTZ4Q0eqr1-TFTcAx_X9fXlluG6Y4G7LNgujUcT-b249Z2f9jdBJRQXAWCx7UP_CCTguwgztapeVzN6zFLz6zwu44uQlcVtpsm3dFvV7iRrnN2peaO9Bfi-mgsDcLbmHe0SadO2vbBowgCunwXzbQj20hA

DAMIAN PRIEST w/DOMINIK MYSTERIO VS CODY RHODES

*A fantastic bout that really highlights Damian Priest and he pummels Cody for a large portion of this match

*Cody does his best babyface in peril while he refuses to be pinned. All the while Dominik continues to be a thorn in Cody’s side 

*Cody barely kicks out of The Reckoning at the absolute last second. The tide changes when Cody goes for his comeback, but Dom rushes in. Cody sees him coming and sidesteps and shoves Dom into Priest

*Cody begins a comeback and after a Disaster Kick and some jabs, before long Cody is able to hit the Cross Rhodes for the 3 count

RESULT: CODY RHODES WINS BY PINFALL

After the match, as soon as the bell sounds…

2julWH4Iro3jmOHOPU2Q6LR-q8RdQHSDHptZ6gIR

Brock Lesnar makes his appearance. The Beast is here and he has murder in his eyes. Cody Rhodes gets up and starts getting ready for a fight as Lesnar charges toward the ring and soon the fight is on.

Both men trade rights and lefts and brawl all over the ringside area until Brock grabs Cody by the neck and launches Cody’s body into the ring post. From there Brock does a German on the floor and throws Cody into the ring.

Cody tries to fight back, but Brock kicks him low and lifts Rhodes up into the F5!

Brock grabs Cody by the head and lifts him up into another F5. Lesnar goes to the floor and grabs a chair and nails Cody with one more F5, this time on a chair!

As officials start making their way to the ring, Lesnar walks away with a smirk while Cody Rhodes’ lifeless body lays prone in the ring.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

9Bfi-mgsDcLbmHe0SadO2vbBowgCunwXzbQj20hA2julWH4Iro3jmOHOPU2Q6LR-q8RdQHSDHptZ6gIR

Raw returns to a replay of the attack of Cody Rhodes by Brock Lesnar. Then the video changes to show “during the break” where we see Lesnar walking down a hallway with a satisfied smile on his face.

hQ-vmwHz-BFjaWJhOMeeJFp2ANlgsRh6T_vwSDU5

Raw Managing Director Eric Bischoff runs up to Lesnar asking him what the hell he was thinking? Bischoff berates Lesnar and tells him that Raw and WWE has spent thousands of dollars in promotion for this match. The world wants to see it and Lesnar could not wait 5 more damn days?

Bischoff promises Lesnar that if this attack just ruined their match inside Hell in a Cell at SummerSlam, there will be hell to pay.

Lesnar just smiles and says “oh, he’ll show up..he can’t help himself and it will be his funeral”. Lesnar walks away leaving Bischoff concerned. 

mgYddsMhIr1SFQpblq5JiIKJoDnsG29PIvdXE6a6Hv5XVNFRk0WTVZXJs3XbCUYpqnPbV0VjUMlSWCIpnaBYchlwqj0urJlKBkwRUlPEVlsHOzeiNUteFfrvz-sJXUEvA13r8GucPeBa21KJ1VR83P4kyxKTN8d3

A video package of Becky Lynch’s feud with Trish Stratus and Zoey Stark plays. Included is the introduction of Zoey Stark and then Piper Niven added and Trish’s change of heart. At SummerSlam, The Man will take on Stark in just 5 days.

_vH0NNNQGTGMdO2URcuTvm1kpNXSTOwcZxk6_jASeVzN6zFLz6zwu44uQlcVtpsm3dFvV7iRrnN2peaOHv5XVNFRk0WTVZXJs3XbCUYpqnPbV0VjUMlSWCIpvqEl-CEHqGuTm6aAbL4pihTlASe1pjkkrSYrkz6T

SONYA DEVILLE VS TRISH STRATUS w/LITA

*Fast paced match and really an old school Trish Stratus style match

*Sonya looks particularly dominant and this match goes through a commercial break 

*Before long, however, Trish is able to nail a Chick Kick out of nowhere and gain the painfall 

RESULT: TRISH STRATUS WINS BY PINFALL

Hv5XVNFRk0WTVZXJs3XbCUYpqnPbV0VjUMlSWCIpvqEl-CEHqGuTm6aAbL4pihTlASe1pjkkrSYrkz6T

q-zPYxqKH2zi4skImB5ebXGHqIhow_QGUWMoTV_QUOCl2-nTZ4Q0eqr1-TFTcAx_X9fXlluG6Y4G7LNg

Trish celebrates her win and Lita puts her friend’s hand in the air. As they are celebrating, Women’s World Champion Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio come running down the aisle. Dom gets onto the apron distracting both women.

Rhea slides into the ring and blasts Trish from behind and then turns her attention on Lita. Lita fights against the champion until Dom comes into the ring and pushes Lita from behind. The Hall of Famer swings at Dom who ducks and then pins her arms behind her back.

Rhea readies the Women’s World Championship and prepares to strike Lita in the head with it, but at the last second Trish gets up and pushes both Lita and Dom out of the way. Trish takes the shot in the back of her head which knocks Stratus out cold.

Lita crawls to her friend and covers her while a laughing Dominik Mysterio and the Women’s World Champion Rhea Ripley leave the ring. But will they still be laughing after SummerSlam this Saturday?

EyVoUJYlPssIefK6tdJFDl0zg691R1-tu2hOdNNuaezzfpu5QnXvJhwZ77_ESf62Vo_uZuAjWZlVJ-jN

We then go to the announce desk where Vic Joseph and Corey Graves come onto camera as they run through the final Raw card for WWE SummerSlam from Detroit this Saturday:

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Finn Balor vs World Heavyweight Champion Seth “Freakin” Rollins

WOMEN’S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Trish Stratus w/Lita vs Women’s World Champion Rhea Ripley w/Dominik Mysterio

HELL IN A CELL MATCH - WINNER IS MR. MONEY IN THE BANK

Cody Rhodes vs Brock Lesnar

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Drew McIntyre vs Matt Riddle vs either Dolph Ziggler or GUNTHER

SINGLES MATCH

Becky Lynch vs Zoey Stark w/Piper Niven

SINGLES MATCH 

Carlito vs Bronson Reed w/The Miz

WWE SummerSlam will originate LIVE this Saturday at 8pm eastern from the sold out Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan and exclusively on Peacock. 

F0Muls8Rql1VsMVPQVzSuL0_ynGbWD8LrrML9uxuVXocxkyNB4WeYQvjUH9di8gOioTgd4ViwJI7BfUuBr4KPhHhG_71zOzjuo2LTpli38j-Jl8o6Gsw5abh

In the back, we see Intercontinental Champion GUNTHER and Imperium walking down a hallway. After a few moments, the Ring General stops and tells Imperium that he doesn’t need them tonight. The champ will do it on his own. Vinci & Kaiser look surprised, but do as they’re told.

Dolph Ziggler vs GUNTHER for the Intercontinental Championship closes Raw…LIVE next. 

COMMERCIAL BREAK

BI56cJ4STLaoJvaJ0tQFndNFk8wXsfT-zn_IfbyQ

x-0r99_EtmDoQoDw1x0WUUBMEBZKr_yTVL8M98QueVzN6zFLz6zwu44uQlcVtpsm3dFvV7iRrnN2peaOF0Muls8Rql1VsMVPQVzSuL0_ynGbWD8LrrML9uxu

DOLPH ZIGGLER VS GUNTHER 

*GUNTHER dominates early and just beats the bloody hell out of Dolph and goes for a Powerbomb, but when he does, Dolph turns it into a Hurricanrana

*Dolph starts a comeback and really shines for the first time in a very long time and even scores a couple of near falls

*Everytime the Ring General blocks Dolph, Ziggler is able to gain the advantage back and this frustrates GUNTHER who throws Dolph into the crowd

*The two battle through the crowd and over to the stage where Dolph hits the Zig Zag on the floor! But the champ is knocked out and not in the ring

*By the time Dolph is able to get the champ into the ring, too much time has passed and GUNTHER ends any hope of a new champion when he nails Dolph with a vicious kick to the head

*Some brutal chops soon follow and then the Powerbomb for the pinfall

RESULT: GUNTHER WINS BY PINFALL TO RETAIN THE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

zmFBX5MTQpL_o2iJxURpXdckfECbz2zSiqX2pdpqF0Muls8Rql1VsMVPQVzSuL0_ynGbWD8LrrML9uxu

Following the win, as the Intercontinental Champion celebrates, Drew McIntyre hits the ring. The former WWE Champion attacks GUNTHER with vicious haymakers and ducks a chop to beat up on the IC Champ some more.

VXocxkyNB4WeYQvjUH9di8gOioTgd4ViwJI7BfUuBr4KPhHhG_71zOzjuo2LTpli38j-Jl8o6Gsw5abh

This brings out the members of Imperium who hit the ring, but McIntyre holds his own. Drew dispatches of both men before GUNTHER does a vicious chop to the back of Drew’s neck area.

From there it is a 3 on 1 attack which brings out the other man in the triple threat this Saturday…Matt Riddle.

xR8qsw-D8bqDUez1ps1i7E5uFjYr-TUg774lDoZ1

The Original Bro comes running down toward the ring and gets up on the apron while all three members of Imperium wait to attack. They all have looks like come on in and get beat up. Matt Riddle looks indecisive…..

ToMfdByudNGNf98scbkBddaQHH-Beca9_z397z7P

RANDY ORTON IS BACK!!!!!! The Viper comes out to a massive ovation as he walks down toward the ring and looks at his friend and they high five. Riddle and Orton get up onto the apron and even though it is a 3 on 2 situation, Imperium is concerned.

As Randy and Riddle get into the ring, Imperium bails to the floor. Riddle and Randy look at each other and they each hit a corner with both men doing their poses while Imperium and a recovered Drew McIntyre both look up in shock.

Matt Riddle has brought himself an equalizer and RK-Bro has reunited here on Raw. Will this mark the end of GUNTHER’s near historic Intercontinental Championship reign?

Find out THIS SATURDAY at SummerSlam!!!!!

Good night from Houston

• Like 2

image.png

Twenty-four hours from Summerslam, and Smackdown is ready to boil over.  The battle for the WWE Undisputed Universal Championship between Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley is quickly becoming deeply personal and both men will be in Dayton.  WWE Officials are said to be highly nervous about the entire situation exploding before we get to Detroit!

In action:

Edge defends the United States Championship against Karl Anderson

Grayson Waller and Austin Theory vs Cameron Grimes and LA Knight

Bianca Belair will be on hand with a special message for Lacey Evans

Tune in LIVE this Friday night for Friday Night Smackdown on FOX!

(Special note:  Smackdown will be posted tomorrow as we try and speed up the schedule to get caught up.)

Edited by Pipers Pit

w-u0TczIWnEh3ezoKmUKJroP7HMQZCkhx13Q7J4L_XNJFpZMdKKuDmGNdFDlNCT8GsQDWmByZPLx4q5S

r67FHNr9dMOk7Nwf-dubGKP-LjWVYnoY7UYLCoOGJjjG3TmOXifYWXMnKGLsycwyNP_fKpIsv19_WHtx8TEpTmb-o0xH6H7VwCWYIyQUxV-Ce-oSXzE3o3lh

5uT94G7jyZV_v9ABsdbRrO4Yk4YAuY6zkVm9OgynonKiS_Ravg_dxYtFdeMRHA5OPuRypRA_inaT4JQg

AplBYQO6NnjZ9Yn5Uo2PZcToi5ZF3fr9ilAwpq-4

A video is shown of last week beginning with Bianca Belair’s surprise for Lacey Evans and ending with Bobby Lashley saving Mysterio and Escobar from the Bloodline.

AUGUST WEEK 1

NUTTER CENTER

DAYTON, OH

4FiWgMCWUVH9lpgugW04ath6OOKy_mVDM9HKZrzzCGSS32fARbufkZKlRpmqdUGGfgM-ZGpuW1eLRe1Mr67FHNr9dMOk7Nwf-dubGKP-LjWVYnoY7UYLCoOGJjjG3TmOXifYWXMnKGLsycwyNP_fKpIsv19_WHtx8TEpTmb-o0xH6H7VwCWYIyQUxV-Ce-oSXzE3o3lhQn8i1to6LXsJ1GdFbAJQ0Zvrg4PUPtHeP_DH9mhs

The Bloodline arrive at the arena and all of them look extremely serious as they enter.

xin6PIoEdlvZiKICltFbr0A3pmevmlvMA0cO2g--

FqSTI_8lrVzZoYfYNM5idSlM9RWVc-lKi7KPETLx

jF5qxmN01g7g2Z1osXdj3XLz5S-S1OBRO1pHTd9V2dVmoXrr11A7HFX2XnmPDwnyjB8SZP7loaEVCr8tN0-H60gjnS0lAy4TPFFbseMVuU0yZJoEV_iZu9hiWOsArbbPZiuAUPb_6LM_mn_SSxlA2HV2bu1qtLox

KARL ANDERSON VS EDGE ©

*These two veterans go move for move in the first half of the match.

*Anderson presses every advantage but Edge seems one step ahead which frustrates him.

*Anderson takes a risk by going to the top but Edge crotches him, then hits an huge Edgecution DDT off the middle rope for the win.

RESULT:  EDGE RETAINS THE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP BY PINFALL

2dVmoXrr11A7HFX2XnmPDwnyjB8SZP7loaEVCr8tjF5qxmN01g7g2Z1osXdj3XLz5S-S1OBRO1pHTd9V

mLwN9g90zV-BokNOO4nTTRuI4xOq-lY84ft7pkh8

Edge heads down the aisle after checking on Anderson.  Gallows kneels down next to his partner, when suddenly Karrion Kross slides into the ring and blasts Gallows with a forearm to the back to the head.  He picks up the big man and delivers a Saito suplex before turning his attention to Anderson who is just beginning to get up.  Kross slaps on the Krossjacket and Anderson can’t fight him off.

Kross stands over both of the Good Brothers, with a sinister sneer in a clear message to AJ Styles.

la3TT7RKcsdyzqNr2k-YcVvO03AF_SA2Mgb_7RC_8S9WCGekijkm3u4k8TxC6gMixjwQnB0o_RlpXjAG

“Ladies and gentlemen, my guest, LA Knight!  You’re tagging with Cameron Grimes tonight to face Austin Theory and the man you defeated last week Grayson Waller.  You often have something to say so what’s on your mind?”

“My mind.  Kayla what’s on LA Knight’s mind is…LA Knight!  Tomorrow night in Detroit is Summerslam and as it stands right now, I don’t have a match.  But that’s okay because the people will get what the people want.  Tomorrow night, Detroit Michigan, LA Knight is gonna talk to ya!”

HQ_n1frE9YoiBRTlLxD3_yrSzhqTfu76-pemFK-yyOApQqFSAd4KTGLvv0E4WGKzGt-ruGCaVvUWMq4x

Pretty Deadly are backstage with a camera.  Prince gives a big smile.  “You’re looking at the next Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions.  Elton Prince, Kit Wilson.  Tomorrow we’re going to…..”  Prince stops walking as Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn walk into frame.  

Ea1q5UKgD5p5LKiNoFzE0trcmj7xDk7ZwVkMa6fVMp7q0uST8Ag0XYqRgj_IiXk51tJQbSmOCLWc4i4n

The two teams regard each other in silence for a few moments before a four man brawl breaks out which officials attempt to separate.

la3TT7RKcsdyzqNr2k-YcVvO03AF_SA2Mgb_7RC_lA4nuHZGAV2AS2te2XbaUMQ8WU31ymMZ7NiqLxU9

Kayla Braxton is standing by in Gorilla with Charlotte Flair.  Before she can even ask a question, Charlotte holds up a hand.

“Kayla, I know you’re going to ask me about the Snake Pit.  It’s a great opportunity to stand in the devil’s den with a WWE Hall of Famer.  But as I always say, I AM opportunity.  See you in Detroit.”

OkGvLD3Y4VFBzeWsp8L_tTSpofJgxMpPH9LHuv_0N0-H60gjnS0lAy4TPFFbseMVuU0yZJoEV_iZu9hilA4nuHZGAV2AS2te2XbaUMQ8WU31ymMZ7NiqLxU9

YOKO HAMADA VS CHARLOTTE FLAIR

*Hamada puts up a good fight and even seems to impress Flair at moments.

*Flair is never really in trouble and always finds her way back into control.

*The match suffers a “technical difficulty in the middle

*Flair puts Hamada in the Figure Eight for the win.

RESULT:  CHARLOTTE FLAIR WINS BY SUBMISSION

4FiWgMCWUVH9lpgugW04ath6OOKy_mVDM9HKZrzzCGSS32fARbufkZKlRpmqdUGGfgM-ZGpuW1eLRe1Mr67FHNr9dMOk7Nwf-dubGKP-LjWVYnoY7UYLCoOGJjjG3TmOXifYWXMnKGLsycwyNP_fKpIsv19_WHtx8TEpTmb-o0xH6H7VwCWYIyQUxV-Ce-oSXzE3o3lhQn8i1to6LXsJ1GdFbAJQ0Zvrg4PUPtHeP_DH9mhs

Backstage, the Bloodline is walking in unison. They’ll be in the ring….next!

“Ladies and Gentleman, my name is Paul Heyman, and I serve as Special Counsel to the Undisputed WWE Universal Champion, Roman Reigns.  In a little over twenty-four hours, the Tribal Chief will step into this ring versus Bobby Lashley, or as a former client of mine once asked…Bobby Who?

Two weeks ago, YOUR Head of the Table looked his challenger in the face and accepted.  That should have been it.  But no, last week we saw Bobby Lashley stick his nose in Bloodline business.  But we also know Roman Reigns was not here, and if he had been, we know there’s no way in hell that Bobby…..”

Lashley comes from the back and begins marching to the ring as Heyman picks his jaw up off the mat.  Jimmy, then Jey leave the ring and try to intercept but Lashley demolishes both.  Solo then joins in and though he gets in a few strikes, Lashley scoops him up and delivers an over the head belly to belly in the aisle.  Lashley locks eyes on Roman as Heyman and Naomi exit the ring.  

Lashley climbs onto the apron but before he can enter the Usos catch up and each grab a leg.  Lashley tries to shake them off, but Roman runs in and delivers a Superman Punch, knocking Lashley down off the apron.

Solo joins his brothers as the three kick and stomp Lashley before picking him up and throwing him into the steps as Roman watches from the ring.  With Lashley down, the Bloodline leave as a unit but the camera catches sight of Lashley forcing him up to a knee with a determined grimace.

A replay of the brawl we just witnessed is shown after the commercial break.

Jyx4Z09coKXeRcZAMdnW9IZcxANPeVII9JsMs25d

We then get a vignette of the most vicious moments of Asuka’s recent history.

8go6jpCGfQg1urINjFWXAJwCMNoBnrX_9f5Nh2E8AezA3KdIIu_TBKXPc-oRiSle9_vB4EoP31Ffy1cBN0-H60gjnS0lAy4TPFFbseMVuU0yZJoEV_iZu9hiytAnGkuZVRPDAXJTFOhlz37JG8UIjISa8au4cYfxEF45_8oQX1yv8EP8jekn4hesqmDhTczWqE4o2BTh

THE UNHOLY UNION VS TAMINA AND GIGI DOLIN

*Gigi Dolin and Tamina are game but the Unholy Union are more focused and more of a team as they never release the momentum once they gain it.

*The finish sees Isla Dawn hit a bridge German suplex after Alba superkicks Gigi in a double team maneuver.

RESULT:  THE UNHOLY UNION WINS BY PINFALL

ZsJO5tuy4V2UhbSNtSrTe1k79fOgaSUvOijSle-v8S9WCGekijkm3u4k8TxC6gMixjwQnB0o_RlpXjAGN0-H60gjnS0lAy4TPFFbseMVuU0yZJoEV_iZu9hiqJ9BhFwxBrzFn-P7BwFvT4loVufvkycbtx4ZuGY5ESHguNZ93WfwN87KjdAzuzjy_GOgRsvbMmrjpsZU

CAMERON GRIMES AND LA KNIGHT VS AUSTIN THEORY AND GRAYSON WALLER

*The heels control the beginning and keep Grimes in their corner.  Waller especially is taunting Knight.

*Grimes makes the hot tag and Knight can’t get his hands on Waller fast enough, throwing Theory over the top rope even though he’s the legal man.  Knight slingshots Waller into the ring over the top rope from the apron and tees off on him

*Theory gets back in and Grimes cuts him off leading to a four man fight.

*They exchange dancing partners, and Grimes hits a cross body block on Waller to send them both to the outside allowing Knight to duck a big punch and nail Theory with BFT.

RESULT:  CAMERON GRIMES AND LA KNIGHT WIN BY PINFALL

w-u0TczIWnEh3ezoKmUKJroP7HMQZCkhx13Q7J4L

Backstage we see Bianca Belair emerge from Adam Pearce’s office and she is walking with a purpose but also a big smile.  She’ll be in the ring….next!

w-u0TczIWnEh3ezoKmUKJroP7HMQZCkhx13Q7J4L

Bianca Belair comes down to the ring and the crowd loves her.

“Dayton, I don’t know if anyone’s mentioned it tonight but tomorrow is the biggest part of the summer, Summerslam!  And I’m out here because I’ve spent my evening negotiating with WWE Official Adam Pearce and he and I agree that Summerslam is missing something so he’s decided to add a last minute match to the card.”

_XNJFpZMdKKuDmGNdFDlNCT8GsQDWmByZPLx4q5S

Lacey Evans emerges from the back wagging her finger.  “Oh no no no, you don’t get to make decisions for me, nasty.”

“Girl, you didn’t even let me finish.  You see, as Adam says, it’s official.  Me and you tomorrow night and there’s also one other thing.”

Belair reaches into her pocket and holds up a blindfold.

“Since you like to fight people who can’t see, our match, is a blindfold match.  And you may not see it coming, but when I hit that KOD….I promise, you’re gonna feel it!”

Bianca’s music hits as she dances and twirls her hair to the crowd’s delight as Lacey seethes in the aisle.  

Cole and Barrett hype that Summerslam is tomorrow as the show goes off the air.

On the heels of that, it's no surprise that I've been teasing his return for a while.  As far as I'm concerned none of that happened (or just chalk it up to one of those things that WWE starts and never carries through with).  Either way, he is going to be edited to reflect his RL death and he won't be used moving forward.

• Sad 1

Here is the final card for WWE SummerSlam for prediction purposes:

summerslam-1-1.webp?w=690

WWE Universal Championship

Bobby Lashley vs WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns w/Paul Heyman

World Heavyweight Championship

Finn Balor vs World Heavyweight Champion Seth "Freakin" Rollins

Hell in a Cell Match - Winner Becomes Mr. Money in the Bank

Brock Lesnar vs Cody Rhodes

Women's World Championship

Trish Stratus w/Lita vs Women's World Champion Rhea Ripley w/Dominik Mysterio

WWE Unified Tag Team Championship

Pretty Deadly vs WWE Unified Tag Team Champions Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

Intercontinental Championship - Triple Threat Match

Drew McIntyre vs Matt Riddle w/Randy Orton vs Intercontinental Champion GUNTHER

Blindfold Match

Lacey Evans vs Bianca Belair 

Singles Match

Bronson Reed w/ The Miz vs Carlito

Singles Match

Karrion Kross vs AJ Styles

The Return of Jake "The Snake" Roberts' "Snake Pit"

Guest: Ms. Money in the Bank, Charlotte Flair

Singles Match

Zoey Stark vs Becky Lynch

Two out of Three Falls Match

Bayley vs Iyo Sky

Edited by Kimberly

WWE Universal Championship

Bobby Lashley vs WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns w/Paul Heyman

World Heavyweight Championship

Finn Balor vs World Heavyweight Champion Seth "Freakin" Rollins

Hell in a Cell Match - Winner Becomes Mr. Money in the Bank

Brock Lesnar vs Cody Rhodes

Women's World Championship

Trish Stratus w/Lita vs Women's World Champion Rhea Ripley w/Dominik Mysterio

WWE Unified Tag Team Championship

Pretty Deadly vs WWE Unified Tag Team Champions Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

Intercontinental Championship - Triple Threat Match

Drew McIntyre vs Matt Riddle w/Randy Orton vs Intercontinental Champion GUNTHER

Blindfold Match

Lacey Evans vs Bianca Belair 

Singles Match

Bronson Reed w/ The Miz vs Carlito

Singles Match

Karrion Kross vs AJ Styles

The Return of Jake "The Snake" Roberts' "Snake Pit"

Guest: Ms. Money in the Bank, Charlotte Flair

Singles Match

Zoey Stark vs Becky Lynch

Two out of Three Falls Match

Bayley vs Iyo Sky

aId9jL7RS087abLrDDdxoXJnHeksZPsylmi6WKFC

AUGUST WEEK 1

FORD FIELD

DETROIT, MI

RC6jHMAoYso8sAGEBnT1H0qnW_Q7yd3zVFz-z4dN

7AVQjHw6tM_GYrcPIaijfVt-WSSJqkSJ4Fq7StW3b0CszVOFEfPB2tUhspGuS58tcWQavVT8cez6aGAs

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Biggest Party of the Summer, Summerslam!  Wade tonight is going to be a night that may change everything on both Raw and Smackdown.”

Michael Cole, you’re completely correct and we will go straight to the Head of the Table because coming up right now is the Tribal Chief versus the Almighty, and if I were a betting man, I can’t pick against Roman Reigns.

“Wade, his streak has to end at some point.”

“It won’t be tonight.”

FJKJBnjxcpNAc6doYuIMH0aucUyIiUMGZDjBjM6Q

NK3EyF78kr4E2zxCxOJtxCqdk6fX-tJFYMrih-KocR4YG46dgvkcKOz2totaElQeJyvS4J_PPs3hnlDP4r2nHdvwzPkXXO_qWeaDzhKaUbHhdY3e77RUdA4bTv9_dBjluo-1jhsVEaea8mmIyK4gaHDPUiW1XN5e

BOBBY LASHLEY VS ROMAN REIGNS ©

*Lashley shows no fear of Reigns and muscles him around the ring, eventually throwing him over the top at Heyman’s feet.  Reigns looks shook.

*The champion regroups and the match resumes into more of an equal affair.  Neither man can put the other down, even when Reigns hits a spear he only gets a two count.

*Reigns sets up for a Superman Punch but when he jumps, Lashley catches him in mid air and runs him across the ring into the corner, launching no less than six shoulder blocks in the corner and Reigns looks hurt, favoring his ribs.

*Lashley can feel the energy from the crowd as he punishes Reigns with a series of power suplexes but when he hits a fall away slam, Reigns’ boot hits the ref and knocks him out.  Heyman is growing frantic and waves at the aisle.  Here comes the cavalry.

ZuruZDQJXnYn11ib_BDBOMjErNQ_oYDLwq18OI7POvWMwKJm-VMTJ18fojHNgzhXgd-hGXN00mmcMRPnitLkNNkoUfCpbzFglXxkHobBDyvZ2s-s7YhznmmT

*The members of the Bloodline get on the apron on three sides of the ring but they don't stay there for long.  Lashley runs at Jimmy and knocks him off the apron with a forearm, then bounds off the ropes and takes out Jey on the opposite side.  He stops and locks eyes with Solo who steps onto the ring.

*Solo and Lashley begin trading right hands but Solo hits a hand thrust to the throat.  He reels back for the Samoan Spike but Lashley ducks it and secures the Hurt Lock!  Solo is helpless until his brothers get back in the ring and hit a double superkick to the back of Lashley’s head.  

*Lashley releases Solo just in time for Reigns to hit a spear, but he’s took exhausted and hurt to take advantage.  Solo drags Reigns and put him on top of Lashley before the Bloodline all ditch from the ring.  The referee crawls over and makes the count.

3!

RESULT:  ROMAN REIGNS RETAINS THE WWE UNDISPUTED WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP BY PINFALL.

4r2nHdvwzPkXXO_qWeaDzhKaUbHhdY3e77RUdA4b8IWYsf47ZuQvqkU6I-dbi_7fuWk-yfA_lRF5GyYeEmXRfYHgYMCyZ65LuWZXS9YoWas3YW2g1eNgwj79BmR2nMdlX86uO_28EydNUHC0TZwinl_HQsPmi6lXTv9_dBjluo-1jhsVEaea8mmIyK4gaHDPUiW1XN5e

Reigns, with the aid of Solo Sikoa heads back up the aisle followed by the Usos and Heyman carrying the title belt. The champion looks exhausted and appears to understand how close he came to losing tonight.

dWOlscnA3m_RGmp8RykKm88Foblxaq4twztkiph_9Fpj8-NPq3MXzBA_Ehz4ob_AtcDKIDFnI8gsRv7n1Jivb4zD9MR3OCAsZdtHYKS4qICQwOX-nnRTRYsIg3C1-i_f6I5QnKRjFsqedUMfR7ybnx9dnm3uF1sZ

In the back, we see all four members of The Judgment Day. Both Finn Balor and Rhea Ripley are warming up for their respective matches tonight while Damian and Dominik cheer them on. By night's end, The Judgment Day could rule Monday Night Raw or they could lose it all. We’ll find out which later tonight. 

o97kxYXUhQ5mVe4yIpLcGned8qzU8CFAnMYyMH3jcR4YG46dgvkcKOz2totaElQeJyvS4J_PPs3hnlDPD6Skc7H87Tj6nRw70J1uzXXxbaQaswDRI-fa-AvuHwVudJ6MexFWs5Q2_49_kTz2UpLYoocGafSySJIR

CARLITO VS BRONSON REED

*Carlito starts the match by psyching out Bronson and making Reed charge him before slamming the powerhouse for a near fall

*The Miz distracts Carlito by getting on the apron and this allows Bronson the opportunity to attack Carlito from behind

*From there, the match becomes a showcase of the monster that is Bronson Reed and Carlito really doesn’t get much offense again

*The Miz smirks after Bronson does a Belly to Belly Slam and then tells Bronson to end it. Bronson goes up top and nails the Tsunami for the 1…2…3

RESULT: BRONSON REED WINS BY PINFALL

VB448YRBq8tSv1zkfMrPDWOhYnGyrinhTjRWhuyQZ-0CSP3G0vwGb4CB3wscvJJI-dgkqmMJSyCHODB8

A video package is shown reminding us of Iyo Sky and Bayley’s friendship going back to last year’s Summerslam, Bayley’s betrayal of Iyo at Money in the Bank, and how Adam Pearce made tonight a two out of three falls match.

2 OUT OF 3 FALLS

VB448YRBq8tSv1zkfMrPDWOhYnGyrinhTjRWhuyQcR4YG46dgvkcKOz2totaElQeJyvS4J_PPs3hnlDPZ-0CSP3G0vwGb4CB3wscvJJI-dgkqmMJSyCHODB8

BAYLEY VS IYO SKY

*A great even first fall with both women spotlighting what they can do in the ring.

*Iyo goes for her moonsault early but Bayley rolls out of the way.

*Bayley quickly picks Iyo up and hits a Rose Plant for the first fall.

BAYLEY WINS HER FIRST FALL BY PINFALL

*Bayley quickly presses her advantage and goes for the pin as soon as the second fall begins but Iyo kicks out.

*Bayley leaves Iyo in the ring and goes to the outside to complain to Cole at the announcers desk.  When she turns around she’s hit in the face by Iyo doing a suicide dive.  

*Iyo takes the fight to Bayley, beating her around the ring.  Bayley digs for something under the ring and when Iyo approaches, Bayley hits her in the head with a fire extinguisher and the referee calls for the bell.

IYO SKY WINS HER FIRST FALL BY DISQUALIFICATION

*Bayley doesn’t seem to care, telling Iyo how smart she is instead and trash talking her, calling her ungrateful.  Bayley rolls her back in the ring but Iyo kicks out at two.

*Bayley hits a snap suplex, then a second, before picking Iyo up for a Bayley to Belly but Iyo headbutts her in the face, staggering Bayley to the corner.  Iyo hits a running knee then a bulldog but Bayley kicks at 2 ½.

*Iyo attacks Bayley while shouting in Japanese  and Bayley tries to leave the ring but Iyo grabs her hair and won’t let her out.  Bayley punches her in the stomach and goes for another Rose Plant but Iyo blocks it and hits Sliced Bread.  

*Iyo climbs to the top and this time hits the moonsault for the three count.

RESULT:  IYO SKY WINS HER SECOND FALL BY PINFALL.

gzDDQC0WSB_NMJ3LobZ8EN-C5KxWsvMqQtRxf-lNEyIRBqWCg7Of6q2mXV1fIkctnkErzIkpR4E5_M7g

Byron Saxton is backstage with The Man Becky Lynch. Byron asks Becky about her thoughts that it is Trish Stratus having the opportunity to be Women’s World Champion tonight? 

Becky reiterates that she does not believe for a second this supposed change of heart in Trish Stratus, but she wishes Trish well. In fact, The Man hopes Trish wins tonight because the time is coming when Becky and Trish will dance again and if it's for the Women’s World Championship? All the better. 

As for Becky? Detroit, The Man has come around and tonight The Man makes Zoey Stark her bitch. 

jHnOpRiLVA-mVmaBoI9JY5hUqyIUV2snPF-TEvrJWzkWWB00466zraI3tjPw0hgLLNgBO5WgLwn4spTf

Vic Joseph and Corey Graves are at the announce table. They speculate about the fact that we could possibly see Trish Stratus vs Becky Lynch for the Women’s title, but if that is going to happen, Trish needs to make history tonight. 

Trish Stratus has had a change of heart and it’s thanks to the friendship of Lita and the opportunity of a lifetime is now before the WWE Hall of Famer. It has been almost 17 years since Trish won her last World Title, will she become champion again?

It’s time to find out. Trish Stratus versus “Mami” Rhea Ripley is up next and it’s for the Women’s World Champion. Let’s go to the ring.

8iNzh_F94BaoF3XRv7gGcI8kaTzwqWENLK05dUKV

9tF7mD5uZHHSDsF4GVfw5HXLhIR160l-NL8WjJP94QpX4WioXvo-LyPX3nilclkhDIPXC0up6B9ogBIhcR4YG46dgvkcKOz2totaElQeJyvS4J_PPs3hnlDPGmmG862WK535df1b19_rRdNwzP_pX5pAn8_wIGvG6AJlJqdhgr5PzEb6z0nJYTsOUCfaRq_srER_J7O0

TRISH STRATUS VS RHEA RIPLEY ©

*This is an epic match that sees Trish play to her old school babyface strengths as she comes out a house of fire on Rhea and Dom even looks scared

*When Dom tries to interfere, Lita comes over, climbs the apron, and does a Litacaranna on Dom!!! The distraction allows Rhea the chance to nail Trish from behind and then “Mami” dominates

*Rhea slams Trish on the announce table, into steps, into a barrier, holds Trish by the hair and tells her to beg for Lita’s help, but Stratus will not end it. Rhea delivers a punishing big boot, a painful neck nerve hold, and some vicious power moves, but she cannot put Trish down. The crowd, once uncertain of Stratus, begins to rally and a “let’s go Trish” chant rings out. 

*Rhea starts to become confident that she has this in hand, but when she grabs Trish for the RipTide, Trish reverses it and shoves Rhea off…..CHICK KICK!!! Trish is gonna do it!! She covers….

1….

2….

Rhea is out at the last second. As soon as this happens, the crowd boos 

95gRQK7EIzkElTLf5F4mabJNeYbZlydrQcSuRLuD9zYqAymvbnwofZFgf5m9mrFGMv3s4hO-aPyq1vFg

Piper Niven and Zoey Stark come down and attack Lita from behind. After a few moments, Trish sees this and bails to the floor to ask them what they’re doing. Zoey gets in Trish’s face and the two shove each other before

G7qGibdSJRcaIU-qi6PQs91ygRDefJbSY9aRHIAp

*Becky Lynch runs down and goes after Zoey. Trish steps back and lets Lynch do so. After a few moments, Piper tries to attack The Man and Trish begins to go to defend Lynch, but Lita is up and is fighting Niven. Becky & Lita brawl up the aisle to the back with Stark and Niven and while this happens, Dom sneaks behind Trish and rolls her into the ring…

*Right into Rhea who nails the RIPTIDE!! Rhea covers….1…..2…..at the last moment, Trish gets her shoulder up! With the crowd cheering, Trish tries to get up but when she does, Rhea is right there. RIPTIDE AGAIN!!!

1…

2….

RESULT:  RHEA RIPLEY WINS BY PINFALL TO REMAIN WOMEN’S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

GmmG862WK535df1b19_rRdNwzP_pX5pAn8_wIGvG6AJlJqdhgr5PzEb6z0nJYTsOUCfaRq_srER_J7O0

4QpX4WioXvo-LyPX3nilclkhDIPXC0up6B9ogBIh

Dominik hugs Rhea and hands her the championship. Trish comes to and realizes that she lost her chance at being champion here tonight.The crowd cheers Trish though as she gets to her feet. Rhea and Dom smirk as they head up the aisle in victory.

CoWyxq7ACdalLPTWACAOVUCe2fJoAGVIktp9tR34WHti0zMvQR3ndPeRSVD9fMRhwitpgvgCEleJgMkv

“Now it’s time to go to a dark place we haven’t seen in a very long time.  Wade, I don’t even know what to expect.”

Barrett shakes his head.  “Michael Cole, the only person who does is one of the most evil men in WWE history, Jake the Snake Roberts.”

“In any event, welcome back…to the Snake Pit.”

We go to a cinematic video where the first thing we see are dozens of snakes writhing on the stone ground.  They crawl around the feet of Jake Roberts who is sitting on a large rock in the middle of the room.  There is a fog hugging the ground around him.

GtalOutTEyGgvF5XdX3Lgj8FN2wwsm7vbX6WidFZ

Charlotte Flair enters the pit through a door cut into the stone, carrying the Women’s Money in the Bank briefcase.  She steps carefully around the snakes and we see a few closeups of their tongues flicking. She approaches Roberts.

5P1OR_xvHdXnm6ybGQh9bTxFgFJeE2RmJAN49ZFV

Well, I’m here.  So what do you have to say?”

Roberts slyly smiles.  “I remember when you were born, your father was so happy.  And I know how proud he is of you and your career. And as a father, and his friend, I don’t want to see it end the way it will.”

“And how’s that?”

“You have no idea who you’re dealing with.  You think this is the Asuka you beat at WrestleMania.  You think this is the same woman who laughed and danced.  No no, I have taught her how to reach into the darkness and feed off of it.  You think you and that briefcase are going to take her title?”

“I’m The Queen and I take whatever the hell I want.”

“See, you’re blinded like your old man. He had the same attitude, the same arrogance.  I'm sorry Ashley, I really am.”

Charlotte seems to sense what’s coming and turns to meet Asuka who attacks her from behind but she’s not fast enough.

Rt4ERhbYyMZI-3LhzMl3bX2Fm1dkzqthSvgo-IcB

Asuka backhands Charlotte and slams her face-first into the large rock Roberts sits on.  Flair falls out of sight behind the rock and we see Asuka pick up the briefcase.  She locks eyes with her mentor and he gives her a slow nod.  Asuka walks around and begins hammering Charlotte with the briefcase over and over.  We can’t see the hits but we hear Charlotte’s groans and cries.  On the last hit, Asuka raises the briefcase and it is covered in blood.

She tosses it aside and pulls Flair up by her hair while shouting a string of angry sounding Japanese.  Flair is wearing the quintessential crimson mask.  Asuka loses all emotion in her face and hits a DDT on the stone floor.

Roberts turns so that he’s chest-down on the flat rock and he slithers over to Charlotte’s still body.

“This was your last warning.”

He and Asuka leave the pit as the snakes begin to crawl over Flair and the video ends. 

CC07QcWWmh4l7c3M1mLiNaS-M2iCacznfCMx7bioj5SyZI0dW7EiFJcPh3W6zpEJhvD91CvXIk6xLhASBR4FH9QFKstJkKsHcg43n52eBPt-ihpPprEaD_3rB4Zxmp1EUMkaLLzm4XLPIt9vSfFdeboWF4dGVcTg

aSxY7zs4c-V8whvUy4KfZV4TIRadydw0v62WpgUB

rYHwiecKt6zmp6Lz1jfZqXT-IPBMwHpMu6WeNQLH

A video highlighting the issues that both Drew McIntyre and Matt Riddle have had with Imperium is shown. The video chronicles the road to the Intercontinental Title match and it concludes with the closing moments of Raw where Randy Orton returned to Raw. The Triple Threat Match for the Intercontinental Championship is next!

Sm_I0CWL66htunFXewvSXjNPPrNcqm6Anh4KhomY

CC07QcWWmh4l7c3M1mLiNaS-M2iCacznfCMx7biocR4YG46dgvkcKOz2totaElQeJyvS4J_PPs3hnlDPaSxY7zs4c-V8whvUy4KfZV4TIRadydw0v62WpgUBcR4YG46dgvkcKOz2totaElQeJyvS4J_PPs3hnlDPj5SyZI0dW7EiFJcPh3W6zpEJhvD91CvXIk6xLhAS

DREW MCINTYRE VS MATT RIDDLE VS GUNTHER ©

*To begin the match, both challengers gang up on the Ring General, who is initially able to handle it, but eventually is removed from action by a double Buckle Bomb delivered by both challengers

*From there, Drew and Riddle take each other and engage in a physical contest that sees both men delivering stiff shots and close near falls. When it looks like GUNTHER will be out of the match entirely, Imperium come down but Randy Orton stands in the aisle and the champ’s men retreat

*The Ring General is eventually able to save the match when Drew nails a Claymore on Riddle and goes for a cover….GUNTHER flies off the top rope and land’s on Drew’s back taking McIntyre out

*GUNTHER smacks the hell out of Riddle and they go to the floor and both men bruise each other’s chests with violent chops and smacks and hits and eventually Riddle is able to sidestep the champ, whose knee crashes into steps

*In the ring, Matt goes for Bro-Derek and nails it, but McIntyre is back in and throws Riddle to the floor with Randy checking on his friend. GUNTHER and Drew trade some blows and after a few moments, the champ goes for a Powerbomb, but Drew backdrops him, runs to a corner and charges out…..CLAYMORE!!!

*Imperium runs down to the ring again, but Drew sees it and bails to the floor to confront Imperium with the ref trying to break it up. This allows GUNTHER to attack Drew on the floor and deliver a powerbomb. Riddle sees this and knows its his moment and gets in the ring preparing to take the champ out when he gets back into the ring, when suddenly……RKO!!!!!!!!!!!!

rYHwiecKt6zmp6Lz1jfZqXT-IPBMwHpMu6WeNQLH

*RANDY ORTON SLID IN AND BETRAYED RIDDLE!!! What the hell?!? Orton stares down at his friend with no expression and leaves the ring

*GUNTHER slides in and delivers a powerbomb on Riddle and covers….1….2…..3.

RESULT:  GUNTHER WINS BY PINFALL TO RETAIN THE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

j5SyZI0dW7EiFJcPh3W6zpEJhvD91CvXIk6xLhAS

aSxY7zs4c-V8whvUy4KfZV4TIRadydw0v62WpgUBrYHwiecKt6zmp6Lz1jfZqXT-IPBMwHpMu6WeNQLH

GUNTHER leaves in celebration having retained the Intercontinental Championship. The announcers replay the closing moments of the match where Randy Orton betrayed Matt Riddle and delivered an RKO just as Riddle was about to become champion.

The announcers are shocked at the actions of the Viper. RKBro has apparently died here at SummerSlam. 

jHnOpRiLVA-mVmaBoI9JY5hUqyIUV2snPF-TEvrJWzkWWB00466zraI3tjPw0hgLLNgBO5WgLwn4spTf

EyIRBqWCg7Of6q2mXV1fIkctnkErzIkpR4E5_M7gMGjZqQLg7NvRZcdEyw0xn2LftAGbKOj3grFVKJLd

The announcers walk us through the history of Becky Lynch & Zoey Stark. They then take us to earlier tonight where Piper Niven & Zoey Stark came down during the Women’s Title match only for Becky Lynch and Lita to run them off.

There is no more running though…The Man vs Zoey Stark starts right now.

MGjZqQLg7NvRZcdEyw0xn2LftAGbKOj3grFVKJLdcR4YG46dgvkcKOz2totaElQeJyvS4J_PPs3hnlDPEyIRBqWCg7Of6q2mXV1fIkctnkErzIkpR4E5_M7g

ZOEY STARK VS BECKY LYNCH

* Becky beats the crap out of Zoey to start the match and Stark is forced to bail to the floor where Becky gives chase

* This continues several times and eventually Becky chases Zoey up toward the set where Piper Niven suddenly comes out and Becky stops and goes to the ring and challenges both women for a fight

*Eventually the match fully begins and Becky dominates early until Piper trips Lynch and Zoey drops Becky on her head with a Brainbuster and takes control

*Zoey scores near fall after near fall for quite a long time and even locks Becky in her own Dis-Arm-Her but Becky makes it to the ropes in time. Eventually Zoey dumps Becky to the floor and distracts the ref while Piper goes for a splash, but Becky moves out of the way. This wipes Piper out

*Becky gets back into the ring and immediately ducks a charge and locks Zoey in the Dis-Arm-Her, but Zoey gets a foot on the ropes. Zoey does a poke to the eye and goes for her rotating knee strike finish, but Becky backs out and does a Becks-Sploder. After that, Becky and Zoey do a roll up reversal and eventually Becky wins the battle of that and rolls Zoey up for the pinfall

RESULT:  BECKY LYNCH WINS BY PINFALL

u3m1oa4Hgx1BYaHaRgQ5jqKJH7O-NfA6wWrv3Gu2

A commercial for Payback is shown.

T15_ihXr_S15ZMPjFqMb9fpQB4MEamntS-yR0TaQ

LA Knight comes down to the ring.

“Detroit….lemme talk to ya!  They call this the biggest party of the summer but you know as well as I do, you can’t have a party without, lemme hear it….,” the crowd on cue chants L…A….Knight….yeah, “Yeah!” Now the powers that be have not given me a match tonight but that’s okay because when you’re LA Knight you don’t wait for moments to be handed to you, you make moments.  So right here tonight, let’s…..

W0UdgUSdzjeF-lIhatn1HDWUA5tc1UElsHB_YDCo

The crowd, and Michael Cole, pops when Pat McAfee comes down to the ring.  Knight is apprehensive but McAfee disarms him with a hand shake.

“Detroit Michigan, we back!  I was here just visiting some friends but when I heard this man it was like hearing a symphony.  You remind me of everything I loved about WWE growing up and you are going to be at the top of the list in a very short time, my friend.”

Before Knight can reply we hear another set of voices.

udd7v-LWAtR6Zg5nAtjBokaa-pLRXzW_GeuG5VlTBcXRsqWHV3bklNcZzQyFTsU8HUXImS9WQVbbykBE

Austin Theory and Grayson Waller come down to the ring already holding mics.

Theory begins, waving his hand. “If you don’t shut up, I think I’m gonna puke.  These people don’t want to hear you kiss each other’s asses they want to see the real future of the WWE and that is, Austin Theory and Grayson Waller.”

“How right you are Austin.  All I see here is a washed up former so-called footballer and an Attitude Era wannabe.”

Knight steps up to both of them. “Well it looks like I got my wish for a match if you two have the balls, isn’t that right Pat?”

McAfee looks to the crowd who’s doing the Daniel Bryan ‘YES!’ chant.  “I think you’re right….but it’s not their balls you should be worried about.”

Suddenly McAfee who had slid directly behind Knight steps up and punts him between the legs from behind.  Knight drops to his knees in pain as Theory and Waller attack like jackals. It only takes a minute or two for Knight to be beaten down and then Theory hits A-Town Down.  Waller and Theory drag Knight into position as McAfee climbs to the top rope, and imitating the Macho Man, McAfee flies off with a picture perfect elbow drop.  

The crowd boos heavily as McAfee raises Theory and Waller’s arms and they leave the ring with Knight still laid out.

T15_ihXr_S15ZMPjFqMb9fpQB4MEamntS-yR0TaQ

W0UdgUSdzjeF-lIhatn1HDWUA5tc1UElsHB_YDCoudd7v-LWAtR6Zg5nAtjBokaa-pLRXzW_GeuG5VlTBcXRsqWHV3bklNcZzQyFTsU8HUXImS9WQVbbykBE

A replay is shown of Knight, McAfee, Theory, and Waller from the previous segment which saw McAfee betray Knight and align himself with the two young stars.

uklSZYLVKOjpsImVNe4TH28T-clLLWhIufisZMEzW-7y0rK8ys4Q3Zbw6QbaGgfSDsxPthumVJ2E-6tw

xd53RECcBzza_DoY_xx4SJLE1JQwuFSCkpHdd4PQgy8d7XCEec5yyJBV5WpKLFoPZkmMu0OQfPKg7_vBcR4YG46dgvkcKOz2totaElQeJyvS4J_PPs3hnlDPafPObon18XwLC5yRu0Gb9KjBQzImtzLSxyLe6mvPAyMfUjK5LxXywsfneMXf-h0Hd8nQ44ADjUCD1yfl

PRETTY DEADLY VS KEVIN OWENS AND SAMI ZAYN ©

*Pretty Deadly use quick tags and double teams to keep the advantage in the match through the early going.

*Owens finally gets tired of the illegal double teams and enters the ring but the ref stops him and Zayn is punished even more.  

*Zayn almost makes it to the corner but Prince runs into the ring and knocks Owens off the apron, which brings KO into the ring and the ref stops him again, allowing Wilson to drag Zayn back to their corner but Zayn ducks one of their double teams and hits a double clothesline.  He crawls to his corner and makes the hot tag at long last.

*Owens unleashes on both Wilson and Prince, hitting everything in front of him.  He bounds around the ring hitting his trademark spots like running senton and cannonball.  When Prince tries to intervene, Zayn hits a Cactus Clothesline, taking them both over the top.

*Wilson tries a last ditch offense by whipping Owens into the ropes but Owens ducks a clothesline and spins around, hitting the stunned for the win.

RESULT:  KEVIN OWENS AND SAMI ZAYN RETAIN THE UNDISPUTED WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP BY PINFALL.

AyMfUjK5LxXywsfneMXf-h0Hd8nQ44ADjUCD1yflafPObon18XwLC5yRu0Gb9KjBQzImtzLSxyLe6mvP

The champs climb up opposite corners and hold their belts up in the air in celebration.

nRa4exGdocQuoQsdyIi2AiyNUO3hprkN1Y7bNwGx7nxylfzGV03xD_nbvVY2z6_buOxFTnPW9PB-DBJn

A video package is shown of the recent history between Bianca Belair and Lacey Evans, specifically Evans’ attack on Belair which was thought to have blinded her, and the reveal that she was in fact able to see….and fight!

BLINDFOLD MATCH

7nxylfzGV03xD_nbvVY2z6_buOxFTnPW9PB-DBJncR4YG46dgvkcKOz2totaElQeJyvS4J_PPs3hnlDPnRa4exGdocQuoQsdyIi2AiyNUO3hprkN1Y7bNwGx

LACEY EVANS VS BIANCA BELAIR

*Evans still protests the stipulation but eventually complies.

*Both women wander around the ring trying to feel out for their opponent.  They both make some lunges but hit nothing but air.

*Bianca finally stops and ‘looks’ around at the crowd.  She points in one corner and the crowd boos.  She points to another and they boo.  Now she points to a corner where Evans is and they loudly cheer.

*Bianca runs blindly at the corner and throws a dropkick which connects.  Evans is stunned, and trying to scurry away but Bianca grabs her boot and goes to town with a ground and pound to the crowd’s delight.  

*Lacey rolls it over and gets in some attacks before she applies a Cobra Clutch.  Bianca is close to passing out but she shakes her head and powers to her feet with Lacey on her back.  She rams her backwards into the corner a few times and when Evans’ grip loosens, Bianca manhandles her up on her shoulders and hits a KOD.  She makes the cover and gets the win.

RESULT:  BIANCA BELAIR WINS BY PINFALL

nRa4exGdocQuoQsdyIi2AiyNUO3hprkN1Y7bNwGx

The referee raises her arm and Bianca takes off the blindfold, climbing to the second rope and whips her braid around to celebrate with her fans as her music plays.

1IMQ774rbITmZHMbPToOA4aGM35s-LGQMpPU8DWeTv9_dBjluo-1jhsVEaea8mmIyK4gaHDPUiW1XN5e

Kayla Braxton is standing by with her guest, Paul Heyman.

“Paul, first of all congratulations on Roman Reigns defending his title tonight against the Almighty Bobby Lashley.  After the match, he looked a little worse for wear.”

“Ms. Braxton, see, I’m a professional so I’ll address you professionally…the Tribal Chief showed the world yet again why he has one of the longest title reigns in not only recent history but all of WWE history.  He took the best that Bobby Lashley had to offer and he gave it back to him as only the Head of the Table can do.”

“Isn’t it also fair to say that yet again the Bloodline got involved and helped in that cheap victory?”

“Where the Tribal Chief goes, the Bloodline follows, as a show of respect. What you call cheap, I call strategy.  And you know what else, Kayla?  Nobody can do anything about it.”

Heyman smirks and walks away leaving her annoyed.

6zgvKKN-1p1BjIbKttRLVV3jmlVPemoUgOPrx5YbZ0oOK6VxvJymGssXTNpFQY3kw_mB2HsYcT4k7kYy

A preview video for Finn Balor vs Seth “Freakin” Rollins airs. It covers a lot of their history (including 2016) as well as the personal attacks that have happened. For Finn Balor, this is a chance at redemption? Will he take it?

The World Heavyweight Championship match starts right now!

VNnkpblobcZNwpbo6KkmpytdPL7PKXdLi5imqpXq

Z0oOK6VxvJymGssXTNpFQY3kw_mB2HsYcT4k7kYycR4YG46dgvkcKOz2totaElQeJyvS4J_PPs3hnlDP6zgvKKN-1p1BjIbKttRLVV3jmlVPemoUgOPrx5Yb

FINN BALOR VS SETH “FRAEAKIN” ROLLINS ©

*This epic match begins with both men circling one another and Finn almost scores a pin when Seth charges with a kick, but Finn reverses it into a cradle for a near fall - both men then trade several near falls 

*The match quickly turns Balor’s way when he is able to do a back Mule kick into Seth’s groin and the ref doesn’t see it. Balor controls a lot of this period and shows a vicious side as he brutalizes the champ in the ring and on the floor

*When Balor goes for the Coup de Gras on the floor, this is the moment things change as the champ rolls out of the way and into the ring. Balor lands on his feet and charges into the ring and is met with a Superkick immediately. Seth delivers some stiff shots and then drops Balor back on the floor and charges and delivers a Taupe!

*On the floor, Seth looks down at Balor and back up at the SummerSlam sign and inspiration strikes…Seth picks up Balor and looks at the barricade and goes for a running throwing Powerbomb, like in 2016. Only this time, Seth slips a little and Balor lands shoulder first into the barrier

*The ref immediately bails from the ring and checks on Balor and more refs and medical come down with the match just stopping 

gC8RbgwBgcvih9YmPuXrMXooBnYzAbxSpg7-EcLprcHbigUVSWWG_CjQqKc8lKBXnoH2lUk_SI6LQ8tlTxm28qrVQ-U5MtxNc4MVBFKI_4q_LYDtvrBCMFcr

*All three members of The Judgment Day race to the ring to check on their friend and, for his part, Seth looks legitimately concerned. After a few minutes, Finn says he can continue and the match is ordered to resume

*In the ring, Finn tries to fight back, but the injured arm becomes part of the story and Seth works it hard. The crowd actually starts cheering for Balor who will not surrender this match….the champ goes for the Pedigree and Balor reverses that into a backdrop and then does the launching double Drop Kick, but his arm is hurt

*The Judgment Day cheer on their friend, but soon Seth is nearing the end of this and goes for the Curbstomp, however Damian grabs him by the leg and this distraction allows Finn the chance to do a Slingblade with one arm! Finn goes up top….COUP DE GRAS!!!!!!! With one arm he covers….

1….

2….

SETH JUST KICKS OUT! Finn does a Crotch Chop as Seth stands and the two trade blows back and forth, soon Finn misses the Drop Kick again and is spun around…SUPERKICK! Seth covers…1….2…FINN KICKS OUT! Damian tries to get into the ring and the second he does, Seth superkicks Priest who falls to the floor

*Rhea throws her belt to Dom and then gets on the apron - Dom slides the belt into Balor and when Seth turns around, Balor is able to charge with the Women’s World Title and knock Rollins out! Balor goes up top and nails the Coup de Gras!!! 

1….

2…..

3!!! WE HAVE A NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RESULT:  FINN BALOR WINS BY PINFALL TO BECOME THE NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

yndw6NiEzQMU_N3fD8pp-2pvTtVMLS0Mzm1GmlopgC8RbgwBgcvih9YmPuXrMXooBnYzAbxSpg7-EcLprcHbigUVSWWG_CjQqKc8lKBXnoH2lUk_SI6LQ8tlTxm28qrVQ-U5MtxNc4MVBFKI_4q_LYDtvrBCMFcr

After the match, Seth Rollins rolls to the floor while Finn is given his moment. The ref gives Balor the title belt and pyro shoots off. Damian Priest is the first of The Judgment Day to rush into the ring to hug the new champ who is favoring his left arm, but before long every member of TJD is in the ring hugging Finn.

Finn has tears in his eyes as he is lifted onto the shoulders of Priest and the belt is thrust high into the air with the new champ using only his right arm. Redemption has been reached and The Judgment Day truly does now run Monday Night Raw because Finn Balor is the new Heavyweight Champion of the World!!!

W0UdgUSdzjeF-lIhatn1HDWUA5tc1UElsHB_YDCoudd7v-LWAtR6Zg5nAtjBokaa-pLRXzW_GeuG5VlTBcXRsqWHV3bklNcZzQyFTsU8HUXImS9WQVbbykBE

We see a live shot backstage where McAfee, Theory, and Waller are all smiles and climb into a waiting limo before it drives away.

URIo9uCUXJL3h5ByyJGvpp6oaVE5Kbet5IFozx3ZcR4YG46dgvkcKOz2totaElQeJyvS4J_PPs3hnlDP9CwLye6IfeBYkhJIFucE5sHNuFo03S41HxWuEeGQ3BzeSnowL43D1b3k6xnEHb6yXQHJcpaBlTJUj_ei

AJ STYLES VS KARRION KROSS

*This long simmering feud is nothing short of physical.  Even though it fits his opponent’s style, AJ has no qualms about giving as good as he’s getting.

*Kross’ power game is a definite advantage and he takes pleasure in torturing Styles without going for a pinfall.

*Kross makes a mistake going to the top rope when Styles crotches him, then hits a superplex but Kross kicks out.

*Styles works over Kross’ leg, and locks in the Calf Crusher.  The referee is closely checking to see if Kross is going to submit and doesn’t see Scarlett throw a handful of red dust into AJ’s face.

*Styles releases the hold, rubbing at his eyes.  This allows Kross to regroup and blast AJ in the back of the head with a forearm before hitting a Doomsday Saito and locks on the Krossjacket.  AJ fights but he can’t escape and passes out.

RESULT:  KARRION KROSS WINS BY STOPPAGE

9CwLye6IfeBYkhJIFucE5sHNuFo03S41HxWuEeGQURIo9uCUXJL3h5ByyJGvpp6oaVE5Kbet5IFozx3Z

Kross isn’t done. He rolls to the outside and pulls up an extension cord which had been taped down to the floor and brings it into the ring, wrapping it around AJ’s neck.  Barrett comments that AJ’s Good Brothers aren’t here because of the attack by Kross.  Kross slings AJ over the top and begins hanging him as the fortune card foretold.  AJ awakens and begins to struggle in a panic.

6N0geSkHkLrjMqKngbd3ny4ITaim0mEiQUNZ6UHv3BzeSnowL43D1b3k6xnEHb6yXQHJcpaBlTJUj_ei

Michin runs down to the ring and attempts to help lift AJ to take pressure off his neck but Scarlett comes from behind and throws her over the announcer’s table.  

z9_rprZQLR9_VM3cxH4ivc2ny7N8F2XstYlXvSsC

Adam Pearce and officials run down and are finally able to stop Kross but the damage has been done and AJ looks unresponsive.

u3m1oa4Hgx1BYaHaRgQ5jqKJH7O-NfA6wWrv3Gu2

Another commercial for Payback is shown.

The Hell in a Cell Cage is shown coming down. The time for talking is over. The time for Hell is here. 

JJBr8t8FjFICfLF31hRRk6ITXJpOtXcm_J0Zc5Z--DfpmZaNE1IUWZpkqgxeA6emw31MMHfDyN0oAITe

A music video plays highlighting the story between Cody Rhodes & Brock Lesnar. Included is Cody losing to Roman Reigns at WrestleMania, Brock’s turn on Cody the next night, their Puerto Rico match, their Saudi Match, Cody being sent home, Brock losing to Seth Rollins in London, Cody winning MITB and the road since then (including the near attack on Brandi Rhodes). 

One way or the other, what began the night after Wrestlemania will conclude at the second biggest stage of the year. Two men are about to walk into Hell itself?, will either walk out? It is time to find out…..

This is the main event of SummerSlam!

HELL IN A CELL - WINNER BECOMES MR. MONEY IN THE BANK

-DfpmZaNE1IUWZpkqgxeA6emw31MMHfDyN0oAITecR4YG46dgvkcKOz2totaElQeJyvS4J_PPs3hnlDPJJBr8t8FjFICfLF31hRRk6ITXJpOtXcm_J0Zc5Z-

BROCK LESNAR VS CODY RHODES

*Before Brock gets into the ring, Cody goes to the floor and gets under the ring and grabs a handful of weapons and leaves them on the floor. Cody keeps a Tire Iron in his hand and as soon as the cage is lowered, Rhodes charges Brock who immediately lifts Cody up and into an F5!!!!! Brock covers….1…..2….Cody is out of the pin and Brock laughs

*When Cody attacks Brock, Lesar backs into a corner and eventually reverses Cody into the corner and then delivers an elbow shot right to the brow of Cody’s eye busting him open immediately 

*Brock is like an animal once he sees the blood of his prey and brutalizes Cody with vicious hits and elbow shots and even tries to bite Cody by the head. Cody nails Brock with blatant low-blow and drops Brock to the floor but when Cody gets out there, The Beast is up and grabs Rhodes and does a German Suplex right into the cage!

*On the floor, Brock finds the Tire Iron from earlier and nails Cody right in his once broken arm with the weapon! Brock launches Rhodes into the cage again and then ties Cody’s arm up in the cage and tries to pull it off of Rhodes’ body! When Brock charges, Cody is able to get his arm out and side step Brock who runs face first into the cage and then Cody does a Cross-Rhodes on the floor!

*Rhodes gets some weapons and, with the crowd egging him on, it is time for some payback as Rhodes beats the hell out of nearly every part of Lesnar’s body with a chair and (after breaking the chair on Brock’s back), a Kendo Stick. Brock is able to shove Cody away and get into the ring for escape. Cody slides in…….

F5 AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! But now, the animal is pissed. Instead of going for the pin, he takes Cody to Suplex City again and again and again for a total of 13 different Suplexes, the last one sees Cody dropped right on his arm

*Cody tries a comeback, but is locked in the Kimura Lock!!! With blood pouring from his face, The American Nightmare tries to stay in this match and eventually is able to get to the ropes, but the ref can’t break it. Cody has to pull at the ropes and eventually Lesnar lets go and Rhodes falls to the floor. Brock goes over to a turnbuckle and not only removes the padding, but removes the buckle completely loosening the top rope from the ring

*Brock leans out of the ring to grab Cody who sprays a Fire Extinguisher in Brock’s face. In the ring, with Brock blinded, Cody is able to nail the Cross-Rhodes. He covers

1….

2…..

Brock kicks out. Cody sees the rope down on the ground and wraps it around the throat of Brock and tries to choke Lesnar with it!! Cody has snapped but its the opening Lesnar needs as he grabs Cody’s arm and locks in the Kimura again!

*Cody screams but is able to grab the turnbuckle itself and nail Lesnar right in the head with it. When Lesnar gets up once more, Cody runs and charges Brock with the metal turnbuckle and blasts Lesnar right in the face with the weapon. This busts Lesnar open.

*Rhodes goes down to the floor and throws chair after chair after chair into the ring and comes in and charges Brock with a chair, Lesnar scoops up Cody for another F5, but this time Rhodes slides down and does a German on Lesnar!

*Cody stacks a bunch of chairs around the ring and grabs Lesnar - CROSS RHODES!!!!!!!! Cody isn’t satisfied as he does it one more time. And Rhodes is still not satisfied, Cody takes a chair and wraps Brock’s neck in it and holds the chair and then does one more Cross-Rhodes!!! Cody covers…

1…

2…..

3!

RESULT:  CODY RHODES WINS BY PINFALL 

JJBr8t8FjFICfLF31hRRk6ITXJpOtXcm_J0Zc5Z-

After the match, the cage is lifted as refs and medical personnel flood the ring checking on both men.

Brock Lesnar and Cody Rhodes went through Hell and both men are now down. Cody hasn’t moved after pinning Lesnar. 

Brock is helped out of the ring and half way up the ramp, he shoves the help off. The Beast goes to the back, stumbling along the way, defeated, but on his own.

Not to be outdone, The American Nightmare shrugs off the help being offered to him. Using the remaining 2 ropes, Cody Rhodes is able to stand on his own two feet. The ref raises his hand in the air and Cody raises the Money in the Bank briefcase in the air in celebration.

The page has been turned as Cody’s story continues. The American Nightmare has dispatched of the Beast Incarnate and can now move forward along his journey. 

Cody Rhodes has won in Detroit!

Goodnight from SummerSlam!!!!!!

• Like 1

Following Paul Heyman, Rhea Ripley, and Gunther fielding questions, Chief Content Officer Paul ‘Triple H’ Levesque sat down to address the assembled media.

z7D58IJLNIPDr3DTgbj4qMHzTRUiLrt-Wfx5fsHf

“Let’s get the good news for the night out of the way.  We’re all very proud of the entire WWE team from talent to production and marketing and all of it because this is without a doubt the most successful Summerslam in history.  Thank you also to Detroit and the folks at Ford Field, it was an awesome experience for us and our fans.  Early estimates for buy rate point to over 650,000 buys tonight.  We expect 1.25 million in revenue from that alone.  All of those numbers will shake out over the next day or so.

Now the bad news.  As you saw, new World Heavyweight Champion Finn Balor, congrats to him by the way, but he’s being examined for some kind of a shoulder injury.  I don’t have more than that but he’s a tough SOB to have powered through that injury and have the kind of match he and Seth put on.  We’ll get him looked over tomorrow morning and we’ll move forward after we get that information.  

So that said, I’ll open it up for questions.”

(48 HOURS FOR ANY OF YOU TO ASK US WHATEVER YOU WANT!)

z7D58IJLNIPDr3DTgbj4qMHzTRUiLrt-Wfx5fsHf

Well as I said when we created the World Heavyweight Championship, Roman Reigns managed to get his schedule included in a new contract.  I get it, I wish he was defending it more, especially on Smackdown, but I can't do much about what he's doing.  Seth was a very proud fighting champion and I know Finn will be as well.  We'll have him looked at and we'll have to make a determination on the severity of what happened to him tonight. 

image.jpeg

What is the status of the new World Heavyweight Champion?

Saturday Night at SummerSlam, Finn Balor avenged the curse of SummerSlam 2016 when he defeated Seth "Freakin" Rollins to capture the World Heavyweight Championship. But perhaps a curse is real as Seth Rollins slipped when trying to do a Buckle Bomb to the guard rail on the floor and Balor injured his left shoulder as a result. WWE COO Triple H confirmed in his post SummerSlam press conference that the new champion is in fact injured...the question is: how bad? Raw Managing Director Eric Bischoff promises to provide an update. Will Finn Balor still be World Heavyweight Champion when Raw ends?

Saturday night at SummerSlam, the Unified WWE Tag Team Champions, Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn were successful in their title defense against Pretty Deadly. By order of Eric Bischoff, KO & Sami will be on Raw and in our featured match, they will be defending the Tag Titles against...Viking Raiders! Who will walk out of what is sure to be a wild brawl as the Tag Team Champions of the World? Find out Raw. 

Saturday at SummerSlam, Women's World Champion Rhea Ripley survived a close call against Trish Stratus (although not without controversy). Who will be her next challenger? A fatal fourway match with participants to be announced on Raw will answer this question.

And finally, Saturday on Raw Randy Orton shocked the world (and broke our hearts) when he betrayed Matt Riddle and cost the Original Bro the Intercontinental Championship. And the question is, why? The Viper will kick off Raw to give us that answer. What can Randy Orton possibly have to say for himself? Find out this Monday.

Don't miss Raw LIVE this Monday on USA. 

Edited by Kimberly

fZ_2bf_PGrTNtC0d9qM8vbzDlEkCVOKWi3KwE_qFlPabrzAyFxJrZwCm0W2TIEZOhhRGTG8zC_SskvLx

Ej2K_RfnOs08CPobc7ofqzWi38kSixsRlnwrI7uu

oMpROvmy8_Wc79BdwX_wp54p316FWxRHXU-keFH-rQIT2cdw0fEo32EILYRzJBgNQ7HutS2x22uz0inV

C6-LXYUghy07D0Djhx_bY_j9zpEx8n_V_AAcKUO8

XwQ0hglfz5iyNCOSAvtCthWWhELeymajr3Gb4dIrcKNox4crBdNZWPfQK4RV0jrpFYQOvUXdCXo3-znb

x9EavTFlWS7LkOwSh8qSd46RBFafCDRE03T6LRXkabY8nVD4pLJR_d0IccnoNluLEJxFXEeP2yAWZWn3

WWE Raw opens with still photos from last Saturday’s SummerSlam. The photos focus on Becky Lynch winning, Rhea’s successful title defense against Trish (including Trish trying to help Lynch), the IC Title match - especially Randy Orton’s betrayal, the World Title switch and Cody Rhodes defeating Brock Lesnar inside Hell in a Cell. 

August Week 2, 2023

TARGET CENTER

MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA

OfcCN3sQtcSC4i7TZ2jvmgiHD3lzHkAIWFyDaozx

yQY2nAHLhFoxm9M8KjAnesBjqcEm3bAEQldYWjFX

Randy comes into the ring to a chorus of boos and tells everyone that he cannot blame the fans for booing Randy Orton. Randy says that he understands the anger that has come his way for what he did to Matt Riddle. And Orton understands it, because Randy is angry and disappointed as well.

He’s just angry at and disappointed in…Matthew Riddle. 

While Randy has been gone, Matt Riddle had a chance of a lifetime to prove that all of the hard work that Randy has put in to teach Riddle how to compete at the highest of levels was justified. He had a chance to show the world that Matt Riddle was mature enough and talented enough to overcome all of his demons and all of his faults and prove that he could be the BEST. 

Matt Riddle failed. Which means Randy Orton failed. 

Seth Rollins was right when he called Riddle out for his personal life last year because Riddle did blow it. And time and time again over this past year, backstage and to WWE management, Matt Riddle has proven himself to be a child. An immature kid who is pushing 40 years old. 

In the ring, Riddle has been reckless which has led to time away from the ring and when he has been in the ring, he has failed to live up to the standard that Randy Orton was setting for him. And that is why Randy did what he did on Saturday.

As much as it hurts to say this and as much as it hurts Riddle to hear this, it needs to be said: Matt Riddle does not deserve a championship as prestigious as the Intercontinental Championship! And so Randy did the hard thing, the loving thing and the compassionate thing and saved Riddle from hi….

5ZLfbb9KldmKn_1BuTGxVAfiErkq55kZ4Sce_IK6

Matt Riddle has heard enough and runs down to the ring. Instead of talking, he slides into the ring and immediately attacks Orton. Orton tries to fend off the attack, but Riddle is furious and eventually goes for Randy’s eye. Randy is able to block that attack, but when he fights back, Riddle begins choking Orton out from behind.

Randy can’t break through the furious grasp of Riddle, so he does the only thing that he can do…RKO!!

Riddle is knocked out instantly and Orton looks down at the Original Bro with disdain while clutching his neck. Like on Saturday, Orton simply walks away.

r73aOiA9BRSyPnT-8VKKQqapNa7X1fGNYXFaXD1x

In the back Eric Bischoff is meeting with WWE Medical. When we come back, the new World Heavyweight Champion Finn Balor will be told about his future as champion, live…next.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

4WOHKWHljs9s__vOSGcNQRq-LDa0v5oTdmYjHbS_ 

r73aOiA9BRSyPnT-8VKKQqapNa7X1fGNYXFaXD1xXwQ0hglfz5iyNCOSAvtCthWWhELeymajr3Gb4dIr

Raw returns with Managing Director Eric Bischoff in his office. He brings in the new World Heavyweight Champion Finn Balor.

Balor immediately tells Bischoff that he is fine and that his arm is good. Balor says this moment will not be taken from again and he goes on a tangent while Eric Bischoff keeps trying to interrupt. 

Eventually, someone enters the frame that shuts Balor up:

jg85S5yb7mJvKZ6XBGPohJI6_npumRjPkRvLiVzc

WWE COO Triple H tells Finn to stop his whining and let Bischoff speak. Balor shuts up but is fuming.

Bischoff looks at Finn and says that WWE Medical did diagnose him with a Rotator Cuff injury….however, it is a strain and not a tear. Which means, as long as Balor feels like he can defend the World Heavyweight Championship and risk the injury of a tear, WWE Medical will clear Balor for action and not strip him of the title.

Finn immediately shouts in relief: “YES, I WILL COMPETE!!!”

Triple H looks at the champ and smiles and says “Good. Because your first title defense is next week on Raw…..against Seth “Freakin” Rollins.”

Bischoff smirks and says good luck. He and Hunter leave while Balor looks nervous. But the match is made: a huge main event for next week - Seth “Freakin” Rollins vs Finn Balor in a SummerSlam rematch for the World Heavyweight Championship!!!!

SVkUN40z58WLKLPvTmDrCx2XHN7D0-eSpQHIGEPAFiucnwBmtLSClO1suT_6tdf5Nif86NPbYGpkxIs9

tTbMRT1u3pTrDM7mz5Xk9TyhtYe-R7D5UsI5VV2zWjp7rWU0xPqVjpfW6zhDoZigit3g-sU9K0AYx7LIzouQvOqN6T2rFZoVFNETv1WD9xI9qlc3PyU_ctjoW4Kr1_JklEvfqXTdD60NkT3tSIjjk8S6C3hhoO6FghhHPPAyB4ZwOELle8NaL8_nLnSdZV0Z76P8GSEx

CANDICE LERAE & INDI HARTWELL VS RONDA ROUSEY & SHAYNA BASZLER ©

*Match starts out as a squash early but then the champs get overconfident, Shayna Baszler goes for a splash of the corner and Indi moves out of the way causing Shayna to hit her head

*Challengers get some hope spots on Shayna before Ronda is able to tag in

*Before long, Candice is locked in Rousey’s ArmBar and she quickly taps out 

RESULT: RONDA ROUSEY & SHAYNA BASZLER WIN BY TAPOUT TO RETAIN THE WOMEN’S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

ReAdXINlc0an8nn5OtrN6p0u1r4R4rHYDNiZZQvR_7ZKjDlO25cv7VSzxm8R26GQHva_XN2CH90QTbXE

The announcers tell us that for weeks, Jinder Mahal has been promising his return. And now we know who he will be bringing with him. 

Ladies and Gentlemen feast your eyes on …Indus Sheer. 

Indus Sheer will arrive to Raw, very soon. And they look to take over the entire WWE Tag Team division. Who will be the champs of that division? We will find out tonight because in our main event:

Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn will defend the WWE Unified Tag Team Championships against Viking Raiders. That’s still to come, but when Raw returns, Bronson Reed is in action against Ricochet…live, next. 

COMMERCIAL BREAK

tVUu4zqW0eSDF17n76zdQquiuGwYYJ1UF5EViDQoiJFtwEKjadZUgz5bVTagx6NTgxPr9shQlgEPzL6f

WWE Raw returns with still photos showing Carlito’s little hope against Bronson Reed at SummerSlam.

We are told that Carlito suffered rib damage and will miss several weeks of television after the beating by the monster Bronson Reed. 

0zxiwHOysS58RQI4VGWJ3zdxdE8XBqCuVQEzoRkjzouQvOqN6T2rFZoVFNETv1WD9xI9qlc3PyU_ctjoiJFtwEKjadZUgz5bVTagx6NTgxPr9shQlgEPzL6fk2sfDhB-AFte2vOgPvoZdaOq6k8r8MVS4VdRMI-w

RICOCHET VS BRONSON REED w/THE MIZ

*Early on, Ricochet is able to keep Bronson off balance with his aerial maneuvers

*Ricochet eventually is able to do a top rope drop kick to Reed’s knee which takes the big man down and Ricochet hits the 450!!!! 1….2….Reed kicks out and Raw goes to commercial

*When Raw returns we see “during the break” where Bronson has Ricochet on the floor and does a Vader Bomb on the floor and that is the end of the offense for Ricochet

*After just brutalizing Ricochet with his size advantage, The Miz raises his hand in the air to tell Reed to go up top and when Miz brings his hand down, Reed flies off with the Tsunami….1…2…3

RESULT: BRONSON REED WINS BY PINFALL

k2sfDhB-AFte2vOgPvoZdaOq6k8r8MVS4VdRMI-wiJFtwEKjadZUgz5bVTagx6NTgxPr9shQlgEPzL6f

After the match, The Miz grabs a microphone and says that his monster has dispatched of Carlito and now they set their sights higher. Miz says that they know who the next target will be and that man’s life is about to change.

cUaGdffTtOkOxFH6waCgQuRwdOUluI72sDDL7uq8W6JNkG01KNCJaATO54nq-v_txiKnJCD2PgQzoI1Et6F1U_thOpSDSciCQi-u6tpXrwmFIkUzwPixrWJ7oJpwOdFvqsNCC7ohGL6HRhOaxRy8QgmS5Bet3LJC

In the back, the Intercontinental Champion GUNTHER and his brethren in Imperium is with Byron Saxton. The Ring General is full of bravado, bringing up that it was him, all alone, with no help from anyone who walked into SummerSlam and owned the moment.

At Money in the Bank in July, the champ destroyed Drew McIntyre. And now, your Intercontinental Champion, the greatest of all time, defeated Drew McIntyre…and Matthew Riddle.

So who is next? The Intercontinental Champion WILL crush the record set by Honkey Tonk Man, but who will be the next victim? An open invitation is on the table - step up and challenge your God - the Ring General - the Greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time - GUNTHER and be laid to waste. 

qPygH_eFXVdFuM9GuyDgkomTOAsD4k7Bh6AzsSOz4moYM0LCL2ysR1smgHrph986M4VIYYS365CmwsmyoMpROvmy8_Wc79BdwX_wp54p316FWxRHXU-keFH-

Damian Priest with Dom and Mami are seen walking down the hallway. When we come back, Damian is in action against Kofi Kingston LIVE, next. 

COMMERCIAL BREAK

rQIT2cdw0fEo32EILYRzJBgNQ7HutS2x22uz0inVlPabrzAyFxJrZwCm0W2TIEZOhhRGTG8zC_SskvLx

Raw returns and Trish Stratus is finishing up a photo shoot for WWE.com when Zoey Stark comes up to her. Stark calls Trish, Judas for bringing Trish to Raw only to backstab her when someone dangled a Women’s Title shot in her face. But, Trish failed and Karma….is just like Trish. A total bitch. 

Trish gets in Stark’s face and says that at SummerSlam, Zoey lost her PLE debut because Trish was wrong when she saw something in Stark. And yeah, Trish lost against Rhea Ripley, because Zoey had to stick her nose where it didn’t belong. And little girl better recognize, because Trish can take Zoey down *snaps* just like that.

Zoey says to bring it tonight. Trish glares at Stark and tells her that she has a deal. Tonight Trish Stratus takes the child to school. And Zoey Stark will be saying “Thank You, Trish” tonight. 

XW0ylk9zHoUQP1Q3votCSlmZzuvARuCOa805sITHzouQvOqN6T2rFZoVFNETv1WD9xI9qlc3PyU_ctjoqPygH_eFXVdFuM9GuyDgkomTOAsD4k7Bh6AzsSOz4moYM0LCL2ysR1smgHrph986M4VIYYS365CmwsmyoMpROvmy8_Wc79BdwX_wp54p316FWxRHXU-keFH-

KOFI KINGSTON VS DAMIAN PRIEST w/DOMINIK MYSTERIO & RHEA RIPLEY

*This is a fantastic back and forth match and Kofi Kingston looks better than he has in a long time

*Priest stuns Kingston with a series of high impact moves but he is unable to score a pinfall 

*Kofi recovers and battles back and soon hits the Trouble in Paradise 1….2…., Rhea Ripley grabs at Kofi’s leg and slides him off and that's enough to allow Damian to kick out 

*Priest and Kofi trade some more near falls, but after another trip on Kofi - this time by Dom, Damnian nails a big boot to the head and then nails The Reckoning for the pinfall

RESULT: DAMIAN PRIEST WINS BY PINFALL

4moYM0LCL2ysR1smgHrph986M4VIYYS365CmwsmyqPygH_eFXVdFuM9GuyDgkomTOAsD4k7Bh6AzsSOz

After the win, Dominik hands Priest a mic and Priest says that he heard GUNTHER’s open invitational for the Intercontinental Championship.

Damian Priest accepts! Will we see GUNTHER against Damian Priest soon?

x9EavTFlWS7LkOwSh8qSd46RBFafCDRE03T6LRXk

In the back, the American Nightmare Cody Rhodes, bandaged and bruised, walks down toward Gorilla. When Raw returns, Cody addresses Raw LIVE. Don’t go anywhere. 

COMMERCIAL BREAK

VW945QIt2oIT8sinjSAiVTftNBceAv3I_twLQhBQ9MfVZCmoLs99cFdaviDietQNNuqb6Yew_GSDZ2E3

co3kGzzFwb9bnemiRNq45rap8751U3ufacYs36Q5EJwIsxwtJu1soFDzHFiwLYoRZA14GI6gKykc8hnK

Raw returns with a graphic reminding us that still to come in our main event - The Viking Raiders challenge Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn for the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship

x9EavTFlWS7LkOwSh8qSd46RBFafCDRE03T6LRXk

Cody looks at the crowd who is chanting for Cody and he is all smiles. Cody asks what does everyone wanna talk about? And then he throws to a highlight video of the match on Saturday. Where we see all of the brutality that was the Hell in a Cell match

Cody begins to talk about the match, but as soon as he talks….

abY8nVD4pLJR_d0IccnoNluLEJxFXEeP2yAWZWn3

Oh my God, The Beast is here! Cody has this look like “oh god, for real?” on his face while the Best, who is bruised, battered and has a big dark eye comes down to the ring. 

Brock stalks Cody and surrounds the ring before getting in the ring. Cody, takes his jacket off and resigns himself to what’s coming. Brock looks ready to attack and then….

Sticks his hand out!

Cody is entirely unsure of what to do and goes to leave, but Brock grabs him by the arm and yells “I’m serious, shake my hand!”. Cody takes a long look right in Brock’s eyes and then does as the Beast asks. Cody Rhodes shakes the hand of Brock Lesnar!

Lesnar lifts Cody’s hand in the air in victory and shakes his hand again. Cody looks at Lesnar and grabs a mic and says “I can’t top this. Thank you for the fight that you’ve given me.”

Cody points at The Beast and then leaves the ring. Brock Lesnar watches him walk up the ramp and go to the back and then Lesnar looks at the crowd. The Beast Incarnate takes a long look at the crowd, almost with a tear in his eye (though not quite) and then walks up the ramp and to the back. 

What on earth was that? We’ll be right back.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

x9EavTFlWS7LkOwSh8qSd46RBFafCDRE03T6LRXkabY8nVD4pLJR_d0IccnoNluLEJxFXEeP2yAWZWn3

Raw returns and we see a replay of Brock and Cody. The announcers cannot believe that The Beast Brock Lesnar came out and shook the hand of The American Nightmare. The Beast has endorsed Cody going forward, but was this a farewell for Brock Lesnar? 

5zawJCwpcmasqfSixK6c_uQSknAjEITWc6C83kgKEKXU21c0Ar46kfJH0mWEGlMBgQGWpp0N-qGWPaaL

n9vqCKofotNWXenOl74rI_ya7gzxcLHd4xQ_m-iWaFPmXON0fKK2nz9XqRzyAVQNYgn8Hm15iP9w_W1M

In the back, the WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions, Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler are heading toward the exit when Katana Chance & Kayden Carter come up to them. The champs don’t seem to know who these two women are and actually say “no autographs”. 

Katana & Chance tell Rousey & Baszler that they are former NXT Women’s Tag Team Champions and they are here because they want the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles. And since Rousey & Baszler want competition, how about they defend those belts at Payback?

Rousey laughs but Baszler says fine, they can have their match…if one of them can defeat the Baddest Woman on the Planet next week. Rousey is surprised, but agrees and tells both women that they can take the week to decide who will step up. 

But next week, one of these kids’ arms is gonna get snapped off. 

lPabrzAyFxJrZwCm0W2TIEZOhhRGTG8zC_SskvLxzouQvOqN6T2rFZoVFNETv1WD9xI9qlc3PyU_ctjorQIT2cdw0fEo32EILYRzJBgNQ7HutS2x22uz0inV

ZOEY STARK VS TRISH STRATUS

*Zoey attacks Trish from behind as she is taking her robe off and spends a large portion of the early part of the match dominating

*Eventually, Trish uses her experience and eventually Stratus has the crowd behind and her and before long, Trish nails the Chick Kick

jRwxoZdc24lNBh7GDAkWmTiMZIk5QJXObbr7gKy5

*Piper Niven comes down before Trish can cover Zoey and attack Trish in front of the ref, forcing the disqualification

RESULT: TRISH STRATUS WINS BY DISQUALIFICATION DUE TO INTERFERENCE

rQIT2cdw0fEo32EILYRzJBgNQ7HutS2x22uz0inV

lPabrzAyFxJrZwCm0W2TIEZOhhRGTG8zC_SskvLxjRwxoZdc24lNBh7GDAkWmTiMZIk5QJXObbr7gKy5

After the match, the announcers tell us that Lita is not here tonight and that Trish Stratus is on her own. Piper Niven and Zoey Stark surround Trish who stands in the middle of the ring waiting for the atta….

fZ_2bf_PGrTNtC0d9qM8vbzDlEkCVOKWi3KwE_qF

The Man Becky Lynch runs down to the ring and makes a bee line right for Zoey Stark. As soon as Lynch slides in the ring, Stark and Niven escape the ring.

Trish Stratus and Becky Lynch both try to get Niven and Stark back to fight before realizing what happened. Stratus and Lynch look at each other nervously. 

Becky Lynch came out and saved Trish Stratus here tonight. Is a reconciliation on the horizon? 

VW945QIt2oIT8sinjSAiVTftNBceAv3I_twLQhBQ9MfVZCmoLs99cFdaviDietQNNuqb6Yew_GSDZ2E3

co3kGzzFwb9bnemiRNq45rap8751U3ufacYs36Q5EJwIsxwtJu1soFDzHFiwLYoRZA14GI6gKykc8hnK

The World Tag Team Titles are about to be on the line. We are taking our final commercial break, the main event is next on Monday Night Raw. 

COMMERCIAL BREAK

j7HxtVwR898Xcb5lp-Lufm-5rnGpVJvfVFb3Y2Uff5GTbaOjg2qNbHyTp-WsOuWDh7lHOGkF6J5-GEXk

2OHSUpmgBTrgQDriDqjrW_hnxgYcJH5ay4YyYHIico3kGzzFwb9bnemiRNq45rap8751U3ufacYs36Q5EJwIsxwtJu1soFDzHFiwLYoRZA14GI6gKykc8hnKzouQvOqN6T2rFZoVFNETv1WD9xI9qlc3PyU_ctjoVW945QIt2oIT8sinjSAiVTftNBceAv3I_twLQhBQ9MfVZCmoLs99cFdaviDietQNNuqb6Yew_GSDZ2E3

THE VIKING RAIDERS w/VALHALLA VS KEVIN OWENS & SAMI ZAYN

*What a wild brawl this is from the moment the match begins. Both teams just lay into each other and go to the floor and brawl into the stands and all over the arena. And the ref (we are told by Corey Graves that it is by order of Eric Bischoff) just lets it go

*After brawling in the back, that sees Erik launch Sami into Ivar for a Samoan Drop on the floor (ouch!), Viking Raiders take the champs down  to the ring and the beatdown commences

*Sami just takes body blow after body blow and shot after shot and every time that the Raiders are close to winning, KO saves his friend. Eventually, Sami rallies and eventually is able to tag in

*KO comes in as a house of fire and looks like he's about to end this, until Ivar blasts KO from behind and again, the Viking Raiders look dominant. They score near falls, and soon nail Fallout on KO….

1….

2….

Sami flies off the top rope and lands on Erik just before the ref hits 3 which breaks the pin! 

*Sami and Erik brawl to the floor and Valhalla is knocked down by accident during this, Ivar is distracted which allows KO the chance to recover. He turns Ivar around - STUNNER!!!!!

1….

2….

RESULT: KEVIN OWENS & SAMI ZAYN WIN BY PINFALL TO RETAIN THE UNIFIED WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

After the match, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn hug and put the titles in the air. They look down at their opponents who have bailed to the floor in sign of respect as they go to the back. 

The Viking Raiders came to play tonight and damned near pulled the upset off. But this night belongs to the Unified WWE Tag Te….

VhVoFHn6EvHVhZ2IbE1G1f2fWi1kD1oz3fKzMKenlnw-mDODMpB67fTSsiYAbN1a-LQ_uUoLTQVl_4-F

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! DIY IS HERE!!!!!!!!!

The crowd comes alive as Tomasso Ciampa & Johnny Gargano come out onto the stage. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn’s mouths literally drop down in shock.

Gargano & Ciampa look as serious as a heart attack as they look at the champs and then they point directly at Owens & Zayn. 

DIY has arrived on Monday Night Raw and apparently they want the Unified WWE Tag Team Championships! The tag team scene in WWE just got shaken to its foundation! 

Good night from Minneapolis!

image.png

Six days after Summerslam and the titanic war between Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley, Smackdown is LIVE from Calgary Alberta and packed with action.  Paul Heyman has already announced Reigns will not be present as he enjoys a well-deserved vacation, but the Bloodline will be there as the Usos take on the Street Profits in the main event.

Smackdown was also introduced to the newest faction in WWE, who calls themselves The Brand, when Pat McAfee betrayed LA Knight and joined forces with Austin Theory and Grayson Waller.  What do they have in store for the rest of the roster?

Also appearing:

The United States Champion Edge

Rey Mysterio vs Ashante Adonis

Iyo Sky vs Alba Fyre

Tune in LIVE this Friday night for Friday Night Smackdown on FOX!