LAP - Lucha America Productions (CVERSE20)

lap thisislucha neo.gif

THIS IS LUCHA EPISODE 27

Monday, Week 3, April 2021, Dignity Health Events Center, Bakersfield, CA. Attendance: 500 SELL OUT!

Official theme song

Alfonso Garcia.jpgMac Smith.jpgimage.jpeg

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome back to California, This Is Lucha! 

Mac Smith: The arena is sold out for this go-home episode!

Cueball Lynch: Everybody is talking about Venganza II guys.

Alfonso Garcia: In the opening match tonight, Chess Maniac takes on Ultimate Phoenix!

Mac Smith: Chess Maniac is in the opening match for the second episode in a row. Chess Maniac has a perfect 6-0-0 record in singles competition in 2021. Veteran Ultimate Phoenix is 2-3-0 this year. This is the second time they met, last year Chess Maniac won the match.

Chess Maniac.jpgvst copia.pngUltimate Phoenix.jpg

CHESS MANIAC vs ULTIMATE PHOENIX

Great match to work the crowd, Chess Maniac again showing he is in fantastic form. The crowd supported Phoenix loudly, but quite easily Chess Maniac submitted Ultimate Phoenix with the Checkmate.

Chess Maniac def. Ultimate Phoenix via submission (Rating: 62, Time: 7')

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg Frankie Perez_alt1.jpgimage.jpeg

Joanne Rodriguez: I'm here with LAP Parejas champions Perez Xtreme. Your title defence vs Segunda Generación at Venganza II is something any LAP fan can't miss. This will be the first time you face them in 2021, but last year there were 2 wins for each tag team in 4 matches, including Segunda Generación beating you in an unforgettable Tables Match at the season finale event Lucha Fest.

Frankie Perez: Listen Joanne, you can't compare the Kill Switch with those mid-carders. How many LAP Parejas championships do they have? Zero. Nothing. Nada.

Neutron.jpgMustang Blanco.jpg

Suddenly Segunda Generación interrupt the interview.

Frankie Perez: What the hell are you looking at?

Mustang Blanco Jr: Pues esos campeonatos se ven bonitos, no? Lástima que los vayan a perder tan pronto. At Venganza II you will have to eat your words, pendejos.

Rating: 46

Alfonso Garcia: Wow, that is a match that all LAP fans are anticipating! But in the next match we have The Night Terrors facing The Puerto Rican Boys!

Cueball Lynch: The Puerto Rican Boys are 1-1-0 in 2vs2 matches in LAP.

Mac Smith: The Night Terrors are 2-2-0. This match is going to be very interesting.

Babau.jpgMoroi.jpgvst copia.pngIsland Boy Apollo.jpgKid San Juan.jpg

THE NIGHT TERRORS (BABAU & MOROI) vs THE PUERTO RICAN BOYS (ISLAND BOY APOLLO & KID SAN JUAN)

These two tag teams stole the show in a very short match. The Night Terrors hit Kid San Juan with the Sleep Paralysis before Moroi pinned him.

The Night Terrors def. The Puerto Rican Boys via pintall (Rating: 57, Time: 6')

Mac Smith: Big win for The Night Terrors.

Hellcat Hernandez.jpg

#1 contender for LAP Women's championship Hellcat Hernandez is in the center of the ring for her first big promo.

Hellcat Hernandez: My name is Rosa Hernandez. I've been fighting all my life for a professional wrestling career both in Mexico and USA. They call me "Hellcat" for a reason. I have fought not just against some of the best in women's wrestling, I have fought against poverty, racism and many other things in my life. And I have always won. When you mess with me, you are messing with my family, with my origins. Where I grew up I learnt that if you want my food you have to take it out of my hands. The LAP Women's title is what I need to eat now and I will do anything to eat my food. Para conseguir lo que es mío!

Electric Dreamer.jpg

LAP Women's champion Electric Dreamer comes out to raise her belt as the crowd chants "Dreamer, Dreamer!".

Rating: 49

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match, Frogue Element vs Hijo Del Relampago!

Mac Smith: This match is a sign of how much LAP has progressed in such little time. Just a few months ago Frogue Element was in Australia and Hijo Del Relampago in Japan and now they are here for this dream match. Frogue Element is 3-2-0 in 1vs1 matches this year, while Hijo Del Relampago is 3-0-0.

image.jpegvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

FROGUE ELEMENT vs HIJO DEL RELAMPAGO

Frogue Element played the role of the underdog in this match, while Hijo Del Relampago is presented as an enigmatic figure. Frogue did a nice job to get the support from the crowd, but he is still fighting to fit in. Hijo Del Relampago was incredibly precise in every move. There were two pin attempts by Frogue, but Relampago kicked out at one both times. Hijo Del Relampago hit Frogue Element with the Relampago Blanco to win the match.

Hijo Del Relampago def. Frogue Element via pinfall (Rating: 51, Time 15')

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg Remmy Skye.jpg

Joanne Rodriguez: I'm here with LAP Lucha champion Remmy Skye. Remmy, at Venganza II you are going to make your fourteenth title defence against one of your toughest opponents, Jagged. His manager Grace Harper has insisted that this time there will be no stipulations to save you, does that worry you?

Remmy Skye: I don't think that will change things too much...

image.jpegFrederique_alt1.jpgjagged_alt copia.jpg

Grace Harper and her clients Frederique Antonio Garcia and Jagged interrupt Skye. Grace approaches Joanne as she was going to say something, but she turns back to her clients and just says "now".

Frederique and Jagged attack Remmy Skye without hesitation leaving him beaten on the ground.

Grace Harper: This is what awaits you this Sunday, Remmy.

Jagged grabs the LAP Lucha belt off the ground and raises it while the crowd boos them.

Rating: 55

Cueball Lynch: How can they be so coward?

Alfonso Garcia: It's time for the Main Event, Axxis Jr and Segunda Generación take on Pantera Roja and Perez Xtreme in a trios match!

Mac Smith: This match has everything to be incredible. At Venganza II, Pantera Roja will face Axxis Jr in a rematch of Axxis's debut, while Perez Xtreme will defend the LAP Parejas titles against Segunda Generación.

Cueball Lynch: These rivalries are heated up so everything can explode in this match!

Main Event:

Axxis Jr.jpgNeutron.jpgMustang Blanco.jpgvst copia.pngPhenomenal E_alt1.jpgFrankie Perez_alt1.jpgimage.jpeg

AXXIS JR and SEGUNDA GENERACIÓN (EL HIJO DEL NEUTRON & MUSTANG BLANCO JR) vs PANTERA ROJA and PEREZ XTREME (FRANKIE PEREZ & JONNIE PEREZ)

This had to be a car crash. Axxis Jr dominated Jonnie Perez to start the match, with Frankie losing his patience until he got tagged in. Mustang Blanco entered the match later and he was having a great fight against Frankie, until Mustang went for the Acceleration and Frankie could avoid any contact but lost grip and hurt his knee. Frankie could barely tag Pantera Roja, but he kept feeling the pain in his knee. Pantera Roja faced Mustang briefly, then Neutron got tagged in and Pantera welcomed him with the Feline Instinct. Neutron kicked out at 2, but Pantera took him down again and went for the Tumbleweed Legdrop. 1, 2, 3! Pantera looks at Axxis after winning the match, but all the eyes are on Frankie's knee. The match could have been better but this injury hurt the match.

Pantera Roja and Perez Xtreme def. Axxis Jr and Segunda Generación via pinfall (Rating: 52, Time: 12')

Alfonso Garcia: Wow! Don't miss Venganza II this Sunday! Thank you for watching us tonight. This is Lucha, this is Lucha America Productions!

SHOW RATING: 56

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-07 a las 14.31.49.png

Live On

streamit copia.jpgWrestleWorld small.jpg

Edited by newbiezness
  • Like 3

Frankie Perez_alt1.jpg image.png

LAP TO REPLACE MATCH FOR VENGANZA II AFTER FRANKIE PEREZ'S INJURY

LAP issued a statement notifying that the LAP Parejas champions Perez Xtreme won't be able to defend the titles against Segunda Generación at Venganza II. Frankie Perez's knee injury is expected to last a few weeks. This match will be postponed until Solsticio II.

• Like 3

PREDICTIONS FOR VENGANZA II

The winner will have the opportunity to make a decision.

VENGANZA II CARD

Axxis Jr vs Pantera Roja

The Hammers (Joffy Laine & Ox Mastadon) vs Los Rubios Canadienses (Flash Savage & Ozzie Goldstein)

LAP Women's

Electric Dreamer ©️ vs Hellcat Hernandez

Kip Keenan vs Samael The Executioner

LAP Women's Parejas

Perez & Torres (Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres) ©️ vs Lilly & Rose (Kate Lilly & Debbie Rose)

Main Event: LAP Lucha

Remmy Skye ©️ vs Jagged

(TIE-BREAKER) Which 3 matches will have the highest rating? (in order)

VENGANZA II CARD

Axxis Jr vs Pantera Roja

The Hammers (Joffy Laine & Ox Mastadon) vs Los Rubios Canadienses (Flash Savage & Ozzie Goldstein)

LAP Women's

Electric Dreamer ©️ vs Hellcat Hernandez

LAP Women's Parejas

Perez & Torres (Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres) ©️ vs Lilly & Rose (Kate Lilly & Debbie Rose)

Main Event: LAP Lucha

Remmy Skye ©️ vs Jagged

Remmy's been a great champion, but now feels like a good time for a change of direction

Remmy vs Jagged

Perez & Toress vs Lily & Rose

Axxis Jr vs Pantera Roja

• Like 1

VENGANZA II CARD

Axxis Jr vs Pantera Roja

Axxis has looked great since signing with LAP, but he should start putting guys over. I can see this going the other way a real coin flip of a match between the two men. 

Give me the Canadienses over a Jiffy and Ox pairing. Though I'm excited to see if The Hammers become something meaningful. 

LAP Women's

Electric Dreamer ©️ vs Hellcat Hernandez

Samael has to be up there in the pecking order of heels. Probably behind Chess, Frankie, and Jagged but you rate him highly 

LAP Women's Parejas

Perez & Torres (Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres) ©️ vs Lilly & Rose (Kate Lilly & Debbie Rose)

Remmy Skye ©️ vs Jagged

This is one that could easily go the other way. It will be Jaggeds second attempt at getting the title?  Jagged has been a thorn in Remmys side for so long and this is Remmy's most significant and long term rivalry I am pretty sure. 

This is Remmy's defining feud, and he could definitely lose the title to set up a rematch and continue it. I think however Remmy wins, coming out on top of the feud furthering his legacy and priming him for his biggest adversary in Chess Maniac. 

1. Remmy vs Jagged

2. Axxis Jr vs Pantera Roja

3. Kip Keenan vs Samael

• Like 1

Axxis Jr vs Pantera Roja

LAP Women's

Electric Dreamer ©️ vs Hellcat Hernandez

LAP Women's Parejas

Main Event: LAP Lucha

Remmy Skye ©️ vs Jagged

Axxis Jr vs Pantera Roja

Remmy Skye vs Jagged

Electric Dreamer vs Hellcat Hernandez

• Like 1

Brutal to lose Frankie like that. He was always my pick as the guy to unseat Remmy eventually, but with him becoming the backbone of the tag division for you, I think it's someone else's spot. I think Frankie will hold the Lucha title within the next year, though.

VENGANZA II CARD

Axxis Jr vs Pantera Roja
Pantera Roja has been slotted perfectly into your role of "have great matches with your veteran lucha legends and put them over", and Axxis Jr has a date with your main event winner I think before he starts taking losses. Patiently waiting for Pantera Roja to get some time in the limelight - I think a midcard title would be perfect for him, but I'll take him winning the next Supercopa (after getting his revenge on both Axxis Jr AND Electrico) ;)

The Hammers had their last match with Flash + Ozzie stolen with a flash pinfall, I don't see it going the same way this time - especially with Joffy standing out among these four.

LAP Women's

Electric Dreamer ©️ vs Hellcat Hernandez
Glad to see some of the women getting some more meaty segments, but I think it's too early for Hellcat to take the title here.

I thought Peverell would get the win in Puerto Rico - I don't see Samael losing until the match has some real stakes to it.

LAP Women's Parejas

Perez & Torres (Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres) ©️ vs Lilly & Rose (Kate Lilly & Debbie Rose)
I don't think we see 3 time tag champs just yet.

Remmy Skye ©️ vs Jagged
I always thought Frankie was being built up as the long-term guy to take down Remmy, but in hindsight, it was always Grace Harper. Jagged's got the make over, he's got the allies, and I think he's getting the title tonight and giving Remmy his first singles loss. It'll be interesting to see how Remmy bounces back - you've highlighted his addictions a lot through the past year, and it's easy to stay clean when things are going well, but how will he bounce back after defeat? A lot of ways you can go with it.

Remmy Skye vs Jagged
Axxis Jr vs Pantera Roja
Perez & Tores vs Lily & Rose

• Like 1

lap venganza II.png

VENGANZA II

Sunday, Week 3, April 2021. Stephen Schott Stadium, Santa Clara, CA. Attendance: 1500 SELL OUT!

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome to Venganza!

Mac Smith: This is a new attendance record in LAP, we are officially sold out!

Cueball Lynch: This atmosphere is incredible guys, big things can happen tonight.

Alfonso Garcia: Our night of revenge is full of great matches. LAP Women's champion Electric Dreamer makes her third defence vs Hellcat Hernandez. Kip Keenan wants revenge on Samael The Executioner. LAP Women's Parejas champions making their third defence against Lilly & Rose. And in the Main Event, Remmy Skye defends the LAP Lucha title against Jagged!

remmy jagged venganza II.png

lapbanner.png

Alfonso Garcia: But now it's time for the opening match, Axxis Jr vs Pantera Roja!

Mac Smith: Axxis Jr debuted as a mystery opponent in the Main Event of Apertura II against Pantera Roja. Axxis won that match, but Pantera says it wasn't fair because Axxis could prepare to face him while he didn't know who his opponent was. Axxis Jr is 5-0-0 in singles competition in LAP and Pantera Roja is 3-1-0 in 2021, he hasn't lost a singles match since Apertura II.

Cueball Lynch: Let me just say one thing Mac, what a match to start the show!

Axxis Jr.jpgvst copia.pngPhenomenal E_alt1.jpg

AXXIS JR vs PANTERA ROJA

Very good match to work the crowd. The match begins with "Axxis, Axxis!" chants. Early on the match Pantera Roja hit Axxis with two consecutive lariats and then with the Tumbleweed Legdrop, but Axxis kicked out at 2. Then Pantera grabbed Axxis, but he created some space with an elbow to take back with a fantastic bicycle kick. After a couple of minutes with Axxis in control, Pantera Roja hit him with a moonsault and then went for the Feline Instinct, but Axxis reversed the move. "L-A-P! L-A-P!" chants and Axxis made his comeback. Axxis Jr hit Pantera Roja with the Gravity Axxisault.

Axxis Jr def. Pantera Roja via pinfall (Rating: 60, Time: 10')

Alfonso Garcia: Great match and Axxis Jr wins again!

Mac Smith: Axxis is in perfect condition and his quality as a luchador is undoubted.

lapbanner.png

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match, The Hammers vs Los Rubios Canadienses!

Cueball Lynch: This is a replacement match, booked after Frankie Perez's injury, but let me tell you that this is a very interesting rematch. The Hammers are a promising duo of former FCW wrestlers, I'm confident in their future in LAP. Los Rubios Canadienses are a very good tag team though.

Mac Smith: As a replacement match, there's not a long story behind. But the way The Hammers lost to Los Rubios Canadienses, with Flash Savage winning the match with a Flash Roll-Up, will be an extra motivation for The Hammers tonight.

Joffy Laine.jpgimage.jpegvst copia.pngFlash Savage.jpgOzzie Goldstein.jpg

THE HAMMERS (JOFFY LAINE & OX MASTADON) vs LOS RUBIOS CANADIENSES (FLASH SAVAGE & OZZIE GOLDSTEIN)

The Hammers were looking for revenge in this car crash from the beginning. Ox Mastadon soon hit Ozzie Goldstein with the Ox Plough, but Flash Savage saved his partner. Joffy Laine and Flash Savage are the legal men after twelve minutes of action.

Alfonso Garcia: "Suplex by Joffy! Now he wants to finish him with The Jackhammer... Flash Savage reverses to a Flash Roll-Up! But he is too close to Ox's corner and the giant helps Joffy! Good chemistry between these two. Now "The Ox" gets tagged in, oh no, oh no... Double Hammer! And "The Ox" pins Savage, 1, 2, 3!"

The Hammers def. Los Rubios Canadienses via pinfall (Rating: 49, Time: 13')

Cueball Lynch: First win for The Hammers!

lapbanner.png

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match, LAP Women's champion Electric Dreamer vs Hellcat Hernandez.

Mac Smith: Electric Dreamer makes her third title defence tonight. After her feud with Simony Sentinel, Hellcat Hernandez is a different kind of opponent. We've seen Hellcat winning in singles matches but Dreamer's tag team Las Eléctricas dominated Hellcat's Las Gatas in two 2vs2 matches, although it was Darkness Cat the weak link and not Hellcat Hernandez.

LAP WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

Electric Dreamer.jpgvst copia.pngHellcat Hernandez.jpg

ELECTRIC DREAMER (c) vs HELLCAT HERNANDEZ

Very good title match that stole the show. Hellcat really posed a threat to the champion, dominating most of the time and the crowd had to woke up to support the champion. Electric Dreamer reversed Hellcat's Running Bulldog to the Electric Chair in an excellent maneuver to win the match.

Electric Dreamer def. Hellcat Hernandez via pinfall (Rating: 62, Time: 10')

Mac Smith: Dreamer retains! Brilliant finish for the LAP Women's champion.

lapbanner.png

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg Neutron.jpgMustang Blanco.jpg

Joanne Rodriguez briefly interviewed Segunda Generación and they stated that tonight they should have become the new LAP Parejas champions. Joanne asked Mustang Jr if he felt responsible for Frankie Perez's injury and he denied it.

Rating: 51

lapbanner.png

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match, Kip Keenan vs Samael The Executioner.

Cueball Lynch: Kip Keenan said he was still angry about what Samael and Raven did at LAP x FCW The Fight For Contracts burning the FCW logo. He said Bradford Peverell was gone but he was still in LAP and he wanted to face Samael again. Raven Nightfall replied she couldn't believe he was stupid enough to face The Executioner again.

image.jpegvst copia.pngimage.jpeg w/Raven Nightfall_alt1 copia.jpg

KIP KEENAN vs SAMAEL THE EXECUTIONER (w/ Raven Nightfall)

A match with good storytelling where Kip Keenan fought with honor against a monster who doesn't show any emotions at all. Keenan is starting to gain support from the Californian fans as a babyface and he brought the crowd to its feet when he hit Samael with the Belly To Belly Suplex, but Samael kicked out at 1! Keenan and the crowd were shocked, but Samael just laughed at them. After a thunderous Chokeslam and a couple more minutes of domination by Samael, Raven Nightfall made a signal and Samael The Executioner hit Kip Keenan with The Execution.

Samael The Executioner def. Kip Keenan via pinfall (Rating: 56, Time 18')

lapbanner.png

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match, LAP Women's champions Perez & Torres defend the titles against Queens Of Lucha!

Mac Smith: Perez & Torres are making their third defence in this match. Perez & Torres and Lilly & Rose have met 3 times before and Lilly & Rose dominate the champions 2-1. Lilly & Rose are former 2-time champions and they lost the titles against Perez & Torres at Apertura II. This match follows perfectly the leit motiv of Venganza, which means revenge in spanish. To say that the champions face a big risk of losing their belts in this defence may be an understatement.

LAP WOMEN'S PAREJAS CHAMPIONSHIP

Pinky Perez.jpgPoison Ivy.jpgvst copia.pngKate Lilly.jpgDebbie Rose.jpg

PEREZ & TORRES (PINKY PEREZ & MARIANA TORRES) (c) vs LILLY & ROSE (KATE LILLY & DEBBIE ROSE)

The girls stole the show with a match where everyone got involved. Around the 5 minute mark, Lilly & Rose hit Mariana Torres with The Thorn but Pinky was there to save the day. Pinky was the star in this match and rose to the occasion by hitting Debbie Rose with the Pink Butterfly Powerbomb. Mariana joyfully hugged Pinky while the crowd celebrated their victory.

Perez & Torres def. Lilly & Rose via pinfall (Rating: 60, Time: 10')

Alfonso Garcia: Perez & Torres are still the champions!

Clueball Lynch: Lilly & Rose look completely frustrated, they thought they would recover the titles easily.

lapbanner.png.

Alfonso Garcia: It's time for the Main Event, LAP Lucha champion Remmy Skye vs Jagged!

Mac Smith: This is the third time they face each other. Last year Remmy beat Jagged in a Ladder Match at season finale event Lucha Fest. At Apertura II, Jagged attacked Magnifico in his title match against Remmy because he wanted to be the man to dethrone him. Then Remmy defeated Jagged for the second time in a Cage Match at Coronación II. This time there will be no stipulations.

Cueball Lynch: Grace Harper cowardly ordered Jagged and Frederique Antonio Garcia to attack Remmy in the last This Is Lucha episode. I think it was kind of a warning of what can happen in this match.

Alfonso Garcia: If there is a match that represents the meaning of Venganza, revenge, it's this match. Jagged is making his entrance accompanied by his manager Grace Harper and Frederique Antonio Garcia!

Jagged vengance entrance copia.png

Mac Smith: He is on the best shape in his career tonight, Alfonso. We have to admit that he looks like a champion!

Rating: 48

Alfonso Garcia: Now we're waiting for Remmy's entrance theme song "Poison" to play...

Lights go out and Remmy makes his entrance to a new song: Finger Eleven's "Whatever Doesn't Kill Me".

Remmy Skye Venganza Entrance minicool.png

"Whatever doesn't kill me,
doesn't make me stronger
but I'm not gonna give up yet
and if these walls should weaken
I'm still strong enough to know
I'm gonna build them up again"

Rating: 65

Main Event: LAP LUCHA CHAMPIONSHIP

Remmy Skye.jpgvst copia.pngjagged_alt copia.jpg w/image.jpegimage.jpeg

REMMY SKYE (c) vs JAGGED (w/ Grace Harper & Frederique Antonio Garcia)

With a excited crowd supporting him Remmy quickly jumped on Jagged, who didn't take a step back. Then a succession of dangerous aerial moves started when Jagged hit Remmy Skye with a brilliant springboard moonsault DDT that Remmy replied later with a meteora. The two continued what was a completely even match for the first ten minutes or so. Grace Harper was loosing her patience on the ringside and started to yell at the referee until she got his attention. Frederique used the distraction to go where Jagged and Skye were fighting outside the ring and hit Remmy with an object that later was identified as a monkey wrench. Remmy was out cold and Frederique and Jagged took him back to the ring while the confused referee paid attention to the wrestlers again.

image.jpeg

Magnifico ran down the ramp to help the helpless champion and Frederique tried to stop him, but Magnifico hit him with a Magnifico Sidekick to clear his way to the ring. Jagged left the ring to confront Magnifico while Grace was taking the monkey wrench to hit Magnifico from behind, but he dodged the blow and Grace accidentally hit Jagged. Magnifico carried Jagged's body back to the ring. Remmy and Jagged lay on the ground for more than a minute and neither of them moved. Finally Remmy made a slight move and the crowd cheered him while he crawled to pin Jagged. 1, 2, 3!

Remmy Skye def. Jagged via pinfall (Rating: 69, Time: 15')

Mac Smith: Remmy retains again in the best match of the year so far! This streak is incredible. Remmy has defeated Jagged for the third time! I don't know who can stop Remmy now...

Remmy Skye.jpg Frederique_alt1.jpgimage.jpeg

Grace Harper: Take him down now!

Frederique Antonio Garcia steps into the ring to attack Remmy Skye. The champion can barely walk and Frederique applies a backbreaker bottom. The crowd boos Frederique.

Frederique Antonio Garcia: Shut up you sissies!

Frederique lifts Remmy's body and hit him with the Romeo Is Bleeding. Then he points to the LAP Lucha belt.

Frederique Antonio Garcia: That belt is going to be mine, Remmy!

Rating: 66

Alfonso Garcia: Thank you for watching us! This was Lucha, this was Lucha America Productions!

SHOW RATING: 64

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-08 a las 14.08.06.png

Live On

• Like 4

PREDICTIONS CONTEST FOR VENGANZA II

5/6 @John Lions

4/6 @KyTeran

4/6 @Charasmatic Enigma

4/6 @HiPlus

Thank you for participating in the predictions contest.

Congratulations @John Lions I'll send you a private message with your reward soon. 

On 11/7/2023 at 7:09 PM, Charasmatic Enigma said:

Remmy's been a great champion, but now feels like a good time for a change of direction

On 11/7/2023 at 11:49 PM, HiPlus said:

This is one that could easily go the other way. It will be Jaggeds second attempt at getting the title?  Jagged has been a thorn in Remmys side for so long and this is Remmy's most significant and long term rivalry I am pretty sure.

This is Remmy's defining feud, and he could definitely lose the title to set up a rematch and continue it. I think however Remmy wins, coming out on top of the feud furthering his legacy and priming him for his biggest adversary in Chess Maniac. 

On 11/8/2023 at 3:56 AM, John Lions said:

I always thought Frankie was being built up as the long-term guy to take down Remmy, but in hindsight, it was always Grace Harper. Jagged's got the make over, he's got the allies, and I think he's getting the title tonight and giving Remmy his first singles loss. It'll be interesting to see how Remmy bounces back - you've highlighted his addictions a lot through the past year, and it's easy to stay clean when things are going well, but how will he bounce back after defeat? A lot of ways you can go with it.

The truth is Jagged was never my choice to dethrone Remmy. Not that he doesn't have the potential, he eventually can become LAP Lucha champion because he is very young, but the truth is I even really doubted to give Jagged a rematch because I had other alternatives.

When there was the storyline in which Remmy didn't want to give Jagged a rematch because of Grace Harper, @KyTeran (((I hope you don't mind that I reveal this now))) won the predictions contest for Apertura II and I gave him the opportunity to choose whether Jagged got a rematch or not. And I'm glad he chose the rematch option because Jagged had a good rematch with Remmy and this third match was as good as the first one at Lucha Fest (ratings were never a problem between these two (1st 69, 2nd 66, 3rd 69). The best in 2021 so far.

If I could go back I would do the same and to KyTeran's credit his argument was a big one: the first match was really good. In retrospective like @HiPlus said this has been Remmy's most significant rivalry and he was the only one who predicted Remmy's win.

Give me the Canadienses over a Jiffy and Ox pairing. Though I'm excited to see if The Hammers become something meaningful. 

The Hammers had their last match with Flash + Ozzie stolen with a flash pinfall, I don't see it going the same way this time - especially with Joffy standing out among these four.

@John Lions got it 100%. Exciting things will happen in the tag team division.

Axxis Jr vs Pantera Roja

Axxis has looked great since signing with LAP, but he should start putting guys over. I can see this going the other way a real coin flip of a match between the two men. 

Axxis Jr vs Pantera Roja
Pantera Roja has been slotted perfectly into your role of "have great matches with your veteran lucha legends and put them over", and Axxis Jr has a date with your main event winner I think before he starts taking losses. Patiently waiting for Pantera Roja to get some time in the limelight - I think a midcard title would be perfect for him, but I'll take him winning the next Supercopa (after getting his revenge on both Axxis Jr AND Electrico) ;)

If we take away the LAP originals, Axxis Jr is probably my most important signing ever. I think Pantera Roja is already established, he didn't need a win to be over in my books. Supercopa's poster will be posted very soon, that's all I can say 😅

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, newbiezness said:

@John Lions I tried to send you your reward, but it seems you can't receive messages. Maybe your inbox is full?

Just cleared it out - I didn't realize it wouldn't notify you at all... had a lot of fun reading back through some of my 10+ year old pms with people who are mostly still active on these boards.

• Like 1

LAP PRESENTS SUPERCOPA DE LA LUCHA II

LAP owner Joaquin Soler said that "this tournament represents the core values of Lucha America Productions. Filling Jackie Robinson Stadium to capacity will be a difficult challenge, but after only one edition Supercopa De La Lucha is already one of the most coveted cups in Lucha in the world. But we are confident with these eight fantastic contenders, starting with the defending Supercopa winner Eléctrico, last year's finalist Pantera Roja, unbeaten wrestlers in singles competition like Axxis Jr or Hijo Del Relampago, another lucha legend like Ultimate Phoenix, the very promising Scarlet Scarab and so on".

supercopa II poster.png

• Like 3

Looking at that list there are three potential candidates to win the title. 

Axxis Jr, Hijo Del Relampago, and Electrico.

Axxis Jr. Has been going huge so it is hard to see him actually losing against anyone, but my money is on Hijo Del Relampago. Axxis doesn't need the win.

• Like 1

lap thisislucha neo.gif

THIS IS LUCHA EPISODE 28

Monday, Week 4, April 2021, Esports Arena, Santa Clara, CA. Attendance: 454

Official theme song

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome to This Is Lucha! 

Mac Smith: What a great event Venganza II was!

Cueball Lynch: You can still catch Venganza II on demand on WrestlerWorld and stream it.

Alfonso Garcia: In the opening match tonight, Segunda Generación vs The Latino Kings!

Cueball Lynch: These two tag teams met in Puerto Rico and that time Segunda Generación won the match.

Neutron.jpgMustang Blanco.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpegimage.jpeg

SEGUNDA GENERACIÓN (EL HIJO DEL NEUTRON & MUSTANG BLANCO JR) vs THE LATINO KINGS (RUDY VELASQUEZ & HECTOR GALINDO)

A match about storytelling where the babyfaces got the crowd's support while The Latino Kings used all kinds of dirty tricks during the match. Segunda Generación hit Hector Galindo with the Neutron Accelerator and Mustang Blanco Jr pinned him. Not a match to remember but it was enough for match of the night.

Segunda Generación def. The Latino Kings via pinfall (Rating: 52, Time: 16')

Neutron.jpgMustang Blanco.jpg Frankie Perez_alt1.jpgimage.jpeg

Perez Xtreme come out to send a message to Segunda Generación.

Frankie Perez: You said that you would be the champions if it wasn't for me getting injured. But it was not my fault. It was your fault Mustang! You think you were going to take revenge at Venganza but I will take my revenge at Solsticio!

Rating: 44

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg Chess Maniac.jpg

Joanne Rodriguez: I'm here with Chess Maniac. You are 7-0-0 in singles competition this year.

Chess Maniac: I don't see any difference from last year. I'm focus on my game plan during the matches as always. Doing the right moves at the right time. That's what the best players do and I've always been a big player in LAP. Championships and trophies will come, it's just a matter of time.

Rating: 55

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match, Simony Sentinel faces Teresa Perez.

Mac Smith: Simony Sentinel is 3-4-0 in singles competition in LAP. This is the second 1vs1 match for Teresa Perez, in the first one she lost to Purple Viper.

image.jpegvst copia.pngTeresa Perez.jpg

SIMONY SENTINEL vs TERESA PEREZ

The girls tried to stole the show but they fell short. Simony Sentinel hit Teresa Perez with the Sentinel Strike.

Simony Sentinel def. Teresa Perez via pintall (Rating: 47, Time: 8')

Mac Smith: Solid win for Simony

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg

Joanne Rodriguez: Supercopa De La Lucha II will take place in less than two weeks at Jackie Robinson Stadium. LAP wants to say thank you to all the fans that have bought a ticket because tickets sold out the first day!

Rating: 60

Alfonso Garcia: Wow! That's huge. And in the next match you will see last year's Supercopa champion Eléctrico facing Máscara Roja Jr!

Mac Smith: Eléctrico will be defending the cup at Supercopa De La Lucha II. Eléctrico is 5-5-0 in singles competition in LAP. Máscara Roja Jr is still looking for his first win in LAP.

ELÉCTRICO vs MÁSCARA ROJA JR

In a very short car crash match, Eléctrico hit Máscara Roja Jr with the Electric Shock.

Hijo Del Relampago def. Frogue Element via pinfall (Rating: 51, Time 15')

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg Remmy Skye.jpg

Joanne Rodriguez: I'm here with LAP Lucha champion Remmy Skye. At Venganza II you defeated Jagged for the third time while making your fourteenth title defence. But after the match Frederique Antonio Garcia attacked you.

Remmy Skye: I'm getting used to things like this. You can't trust Grace Harper and her clients. I want to thank Magnifico, he's someone who respects wrestling and I have a great deal of respect for him and what he has done in his career as well. I feel exactly the opposite for Frederique, I have zero respect for his career, which was build on this homophobic gimmick that Grace Harper brought back in LAP. I can't believe we still have to deal with that kind of shit in 2021.

Rating: 60

Alfonso Garcia: It's time for the Main Event, LAP People's champion Sunburst making his second title defence vs Frogue Element!

Mac Smith: Frogue has his second shot at the People's title after losing to Xavi Ferrera. Frogue Element  who is looking for a breakthrough year is 3-2-0 in singles competition in 2021. Sunburst is transitioning from an unexpected champion to an established one.

Cueball Lynch: I can't forget Sunburst's face while hugging his family after winning the title in Puerto Rico at LAP x FCW The Fight For Contracts. What a moment it was.

Main Event: LAP PEOPLE'S CHAMPIONSHIP

Sunburst.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

SUNBURST (c) vs FROGUE ELEMENT

This match was full of dangerous aerial moves. Frogue Element missed the target with his Fro' Splash and was not particularly precise during the match. Sunburst had the spot of the night with a Shooting Sun Star Press, Frogue kicked out at 2 though. Sunburst hit Frogue Element with the Sun-Spot to retain the title.

Sunburst def. Frogue Element via pinfall (Rating: 50, Time: 10')

Alfonso Garcia: Another big win for Sunburst! Thank you for watching us. This is Lucha, this is Lucha America Productions!

SHOW RATING: 52

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-11 a las 16.29.50.png

Live On

• Like 4

lap thisislucha neo.gif

THIS IS LUCHA EPISODE 29

Monday, Week 1, May 2021, Sycuan Casino, San Diego, CA. Attendance: 561

Official theme song

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome to San Diego, This Is Lucha! 

Mac Smith: This is the go-home episode before Supercopa De La Lucha II guys.

Cueball Lynch: Tickets are already sold out, it's going to be something big.

Alfonso Garcia: In the first match tonight, Chess Maniac vs Kip Keenan!

Mac Smith: Chess Maniac is 7-0-0 in singles competition this year, Kip has a difficult task tonight.

Cueball Lynch: Kip Keenan comes off a tough loss against Samael The Executioner at Venganza II.

Chess Maniac.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

CHESS MANIAC vs KIP KEENAN

This was a very good opening match that was all about storytelling. Kip Keenan wanted to leave behind last loss and he had a strong start highlighted by a couples of perfect suplexes. Chess Maniac was as cold as ice and, after slowing him down, he torn him apart with his mental games and precise moves including The Rook Dive. Chess Maniac submitted Kip Keenan with the Checkmate.

Chess Maniac def. Kip Keenan via submission (Rating: 62, Time: 15')

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg image.jpeg

Joanne Rodriguez: I'm here with Eléctrico. You know that when people think about Supercopa De La Lucha they think about you because you won the first edition. How do you feel about Supercopa De La Lucha II?

Eléctrico: Well Joanne I could lie to take away a little bit of pressure off my shoulders, but I want to win again. If I'm going to defend the Supercopa in my mind the only possible result is winning the cup again.

Phenomenal E_alt1.jpg

Suddenly Pantera Roja, who lost to Eléctrico in the Supercopa Final last year, interrupts the interview.

Pantera Roja: Eléctrico, you better be prepared to defend the Supercopa with your life because I'm chasing that cup. This is my time.

Rating: 53

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match, Fire Attack vs The Puerto Rican Boys.

Mac Smith: Fire Attack are 5-3-0 in 2vs2 matches in LAP and are one of the hottest tag teams right now.

Cueball Lynch: The Puerto Rican Boys have 1-2-0 record in LAP.

image.jpegimage.jpegvst copia.pngIsland Boy Apollo.jpgKid San Juan.jpg

FIRE ATTACK (AMAZING FIRE FLY & RAPIDO) vs THE PUERTO RICAN BOYS (ISLAND BOY APOLLO & KID SAN JUAN)

It went down incredibly well for a short car crash match. Amazing Fire Fly was the star of the match, with a great phase against Kid San Juan were these two showed the best of their aerial arsenal. Island Boy Apollo dominated Rapido for a couple of minutes before Amazing Fire Fly and Kid San Juan returned to action. Amazing Fire Fly hit Kid San Juan with the Sky High Fire Fly to win the match.

Fire Attack def. The Puerto Rican Boys via pintall (Rating: 62, Time: 7')

Alfonso Garcia: Amazing win for Fire Attack!

image.jpegFrederique_alt1.jpgjagged_alt copia.jpg

Grace Harper and her clients Frederique Antonio Garcia and Jagged take the ring and the crowd boos them.

Frederique Antonio Garcia: Shut up you sissies!

Grace Harper: I'm glad Remmy Skye says he's getting used to my boys kicking him because they will do it over and over again. Do you know when we will stop, Remmy? We won't stop until we strip the LAP Lucha belt off your waist!

Frederique Antonio Garcia: Remmy, you said ugly things about me. You've been a very naughty boy and I will have to punish you. I will have to take away something that you really like so you learn the lesson.

Rating: 55

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match, Alina America faces Purple Viper.

Mac Smith: Alina America is 1-1-0 in singles competition in 2021. After defeating Teresa Perez, Purple Viper is having her second match in LAP.

Alina America.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

ALINA AMERICA vs PURPLE VIPER

The girls stole the show with a short match where Purple Viper hit Alina America with the Viper Bite.

Purple Viper def. Alina America via pinfall (Rating: 50, Time 7')

Alfonso Garcia: It's time for the Main Event, a 4vs4 match where the eight participants of Supercopa De La Lucha II will be involved!

Mac Smith: I expect nothing but a hard fought battle in this match. Maybe we will see who are better prepared for Supercopa.

Cueball Lynch: I don't know, Mac. Maybe some of them will give their 100% in this match to impose fear in their opponents, but others may have a different strategy and will keep their best version for the cup.

Main Event:

Axxis Jr.jpgimage.jpegimage.jpegUltimate Phoenix.jpg

vs2.png

El Orgulloso_alt.jpgPhenomenal E_alt1.jpgHijo Del Relampago.jpgimage.jpeg

AXXIS JR, ELÉCTRICO, RICOCHET RAMONE and ULTIMATE PHOENIX vs

vs EL ORGULLOSO, PANTERA ROJA, HIJO DEL RELAMPAGO and SCARLET SCARAB

A crazy match where everyone got involved. Eléctrico, cheered by San Diego fans, and Pantera Roja started the match and Pantera looked sensational dominating the first Supercopa winner. Ultimate Phoenix mostly faced El Orgulloso and he even hit him with the Phoenix Firebird Splash. "Axxis, Axxis!" chants until Axxis Jr got tagged in to face Scarlet Scarab. Axxis hit Scarab with the Gravity Axxisault, but Hijo Del Relampago saved the day for his team. Then Relampago and Ricochet Ramone fought each other, until Relampago tagged Pantera Roja and they cleaned the house before Pantera Roja hit Ricochet Ramone with the Feline Instinct to win the match.

Pantera Roja, El Orgulloso, Hijo Del Relampago and Scarlet Scarab def. Ricochet Ramone, Axxis Jr, Eléctrico and Ultimate Phoenix via pinfall (Rating: 58, Time: 10')

Alfonso Garcia: Don't miss Supercopa De La Lucha II this Sunday! Thank you San Diego and all of you watching at home. This is Lucha, this is Lucha America Productions!

SHOW RATING: 59

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-12 a las 10.34.38.png

Live On

• Like 3

SUPERCOPA DE LA LUCHA II BRACKET

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-12 a las 12.01.00.png

PREDICTIONS FOR SUPERCOPA DE LA LUCHA II

Points will be accumulated for the next predictions contest. Correct answers to questions 2 and 3 give 0.5 points each.

1) Who do you want to win Supercopa De La Lucha II?

2) Who will reach the Final? (2 wrestlers)

3) Who will win Supercopa De La Lucha II?

I want Hijo Del Rempago to win it. 

Hijo vs Axxis Jr.

Axxis. Although I could see a swerve and him putting over Hijo or Pantera after shenanigans perhaps. 

• Like 1

PREDICTIONS FOR SUPERCOPA DE LA LUCHA II

Points will be accumulated for the next predictions contest. Correct answers to questions 2 and 3 give 0.5 points each.

Axxis Jr

Axxis Jr & Pantera Roja

Axxis Jr

• Like 1

lap supercopa de la lucha 2021.gif

SUPERCOPA DE LA LUCHA II

Sunday, Week 1, May 2021. Jackie Robinson Stadium, Los Angeles, CA. Attendance: 1820 SELL OUT!

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome to this special presentation, Supercopa De La Lucha II!

Mac Smith: Look at this sold out stadium, we haven't seen anything like this before in LAP.

(The crowd chants "L-A-P, L-A-P!")

Cueball Lynch: I think we'll make history tonight.

Alfonso Garcia: And this is the bracket, what do you think about the Quarterfinals?

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-12 a las 12.01.00.png

Mac Smith: Pantera Roja vs Ultimate Phoenix could be the Final, it should be a fantastic match. Axxis Jr vs Scarlet Scarab is another very interesting one. It's very difficult to pick a favorite to win the cup tonight.

Cueball Lynch: Yeah, last night I was reading different predictions and there's no consensus. Among the fans it is the same, each fan wants someone different to win the Supercopa and it makes this edition feel special. And also I'm looking forward to Ricochet Ramone's performance tonight because I think he's transitioned perfectly from FCW to LAP and just being here tonight is a big step forward for him.

Alfonso Garcia: Axxis Jr and Scarlet Scarab in the opening match!

Axxis Jr.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

AXXIS JR vs SCARLET SCARAB

Very good match to work the crowd. Axxis getting the crowd hot with "Axxis, Axxis!" chants. Axxis Jr hit Scarlet Scarab the Gravity Axxisault.

Axxis Jr def. Scarlet Scarab via pinfall (Rating: 62, Time: 10')

Mac Smith: Solid opening match by Axxis and it wasn't a very long match. This could be important . You don't want to spend a lot of time to beat your opponent tonight because it can lead to fatigue and cost you a loss later.

Alfonso Garcia: What do you think about Hijo Del Relampago vs Ricochet Ramone?

Cueball Lynch: Ramone is the underdog in this match, but I'm sure he will give his 100%.

Hijo Del Relampago.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

HIJO DEL RELAMPAGO vs RICOCHET RAMONE

In a car crash match, Hijo Del Relampago hit Ricochet Ramone with the Relampago Blanco.

Hijo Del Relampago def. Ricochet Ramone via pinfall (Rating: 54, Time 8')

A

Mac Smith: Hijo Del Relampago was superior during the entire match.

Alfonso Garcia: Pantera Roja vs Ultimate Phoenix in the next match.

Mac Smith: This is the first time they face each other in a singles match. Two great wrestlers and only one can advance to the Semifinals.

Phenomenal E_alt1.jpgvst copia.pngUltimate Phoenix.jpg

PANTERA ROJA vs ULTIMATE PHOENIX

This match full of dangerous aerial moves was the Match Of The Night in just 7 superb minutes of action. Phoenix went for the Phoenix Firebird Splash but Pantera protected his body with his legs and then Pantera Roja hit Ultimate Phoenix with the Tumbleweed Legdrop.

Pantera Roja def. Ultimate Phoenix via pinfall (Rating: 64, Time: 7')

Alfonso Garcia: A great match! Pantera Roja advances to the Semifinals. In the last match of the Quarterfinals, the winner of last year's Supercopa Eléctrico vs El Orgulloso.

Mac Smith: Eléctrico cemented his status in LAP with that victory, not that he needed it because he was already a Lucha legend in Mexico, but by winning the Supercopa his reputation has crossed frontiers. El Orgulloso joins Eléctrico and Pantera Roja in the only three wrestlers that have participated in both editions of Supercopa De La Lucha.

image.jpegvst copia.pngEl Orgulloso_alt.jpg

ELÉCTRICO vs EL ORGULLOSO

Eléctrico and El Orgulloso stole the show. Eléctrico showed his will to win the Supercopa again while the crowd chanted "you still got it". Eléctrico hit El Orgulloso with the Electric Shock.

Eléctrico def. El Orgulloso via pinfall (Rating: 51, Time: 8')

Alfonso Garcia: Eléctrico advances to the next round! Let's take a look at the bracket after the first round:

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-13 a las 19.46.09.png

Cueball Lynch: Those Semifinals will be dramatic guys.

Alfonso Garcia: Pantera Roja vs Axxis Jr in the next match!

Mac Smith: The winner of this match will have more time to rest before the Final. Last year Pantera Roja complained about having a long match and less time to rest than Eléctrico, if both of them advance to the Final this time it could be different.

Cueball Lynch: Anyone can win the Supercopa at this point in my opinion. Axxis has defeated Pantera two times this year. Pantera is chasing the Supercopa for the second year, he wants revenge against Axxis... many things at stake in this match for him.

Phenomenal E_alt1.jpgvst copia.pngAxxis Jr.jpg

PANTERA ROJA vs AXXIS JR

Pantera Roja and Axxis went all out for a car crash match that was inevitable taking into account they've been feuding during this year. Pantera hit Axxis with the Tumbleweed Legdrop but Axxis kicked out at 2. A few minutes later Axxis reversed Pantera's Feline Instinct and then connected a well-timed double kick. Axxis Jr hit Pantera Roja with the Gravity Axxisault. After the match Pantera Roja was frustrated but surprisingly he seemed to look at Axxis with admiration as he was leaving the ring.

Axxis Jr def. Pantera Roja via pinfall (Rating: 61, Time: 15')

Alfonso Garcia: Axxis Jr is in the Final! Let's talk about Eléctrico vs Hijo Del Relampago.

Mac Smith: If they don't want to ruin their chances to win the Final, the match shouldn't last for too long.

Cueball Lynch: That's easier said than done. Eléctrico can make history reaching his second consecutive Supercopa Final, while the unbeaten Hijo Del Relampago would achieve his most important victory in LAP.

ELÉCTRICO vs HIJO DEL RELAMPAGO

They stole the show. Eléctrico displayed all his experience in this match but every time he was close to connect an impact move Hijo Del Relampago had the perfect answer, showing he's perfected his defense in Japan. Eléctrico started to lose his energy and Hijo Del Relampago was ready to use this advantage in his favor. Hijo Del Relampago hit Eléctrico with the Relampago Blanco. After the match Eléctrico was almost crying and proceeded to take off his boots, leaving them on the ring and he returned to the backstage with his head down while you could hear people in  the crowd yelling things like "noooo" or "don't do it Eléctrico".

Hijo Del Relampago def. Eléctrico via pinfall (Rating: 56, Time: 10')

Alfonso Garcia: Hijo Del Relampago is in the Final!

Mac Smith: Was Eléctrico hinting his retirement? Is he leaving LAP?

Alfonso Garcia: It's time for the Final. Hijo Del Relampago and Axxis Jr fighting for the Supercopa De La Lucha!

Mac Smith: Axxis Jr had more time to rest, but Relampago's match was shorter, so I wouldn't say Axxis has a clear advantage and also Relampago is younger at 34 than 43-year-old Axxis and should recover a little bit faster.

Cueball Lynch: Both of them are unbeaten in singles competition in LAP. Hijo Del Relampago is 6-0-0 while Axxis Jr is 9-0-0. This is a generational battle between two unbeaten luchadors.

Main Event: SUPERCOPA DE LA LUCHA FINAL

image.jpegvst copia.pngAxxis Jr.jpg

HIJO DEL RELAMPAGO vs AXXIS JR

This match was all about storytelling. Axxis Jr fueled by the energy of the crowd was on attack mode during the first minuted but Hijo Del Relampago's was superb reversing moves and didn't let Axxis caught momentum. Hijo Del Relampago changed his strategy around the 10 minute mark and got much more offense. Hijo Del Relampago hit Axxis Jr with the Relampago Blanco but Axxis Jr kicked out at 2 as Relampago opened his eyes in disbelief. Axxis Jr took control of the match again and went for the Gravity Axxisault but Relampago reversed it to a roll-up and Axxis kicked out at 2 again. Axxis couldn't find a way to break Relampago's defense and both wrestlers seem fatigued by this point. Axxis delivered a corkscrew kick out of nowhere to surprise Relampago and brought the crowd on its feet, then went for the Gravity Axxisault again. 1, 2, 3! Axxis still catching his breath raises his hand.

Axxis Jr def. Hijo Del Relampago via pinfall (Rating: 56, Time: 21')

Alfonso Garcia: Axxis Jr has won Supercopa De La Lucha II!

Mac Smith: It has been an incredible tournament.

Cueball Lynch: Axxis Jr has made history tonight. This is one of the most prestigious cups in Lucha in the world.

Alfonso Garcia: Last year's Supercopa winner Eléctrico comes out to present the Supercopa De La Lucha to the new Supercopa winner Axxis Jr, while Axxis' theme plays.

Mac Smith: The entire building is singing Les Terres Saintes! I'm getting goosebumps, what a moment in LAP history guys!

The crowd sings "LALALALALA LALALALALA LALALALALA LALALARALALA..." while Eléctrico gives the Supercopa De La Lucha to Axxis Jr.

axxis electrico supercopa II copia.png

Alfonso Garcia: Thank you to everyone here in Los Angeles for this unforgettable night and the thousands watching at home. Long live Supercopa De La Lucha! This was Lucha, this was Lucha America Productions!

SHOW RATING: 61

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-13 a las 18.49.37.png

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-13 a las 21.05.20.png

Live On

Axxis Jr wins Supercopa De La Lucha.

Axxis Jr.jpglap supercopa de la lucha neo.gif

Edited by newbiezness
Axxis Jr singles record before the Final is 9-0-0 not 8-0-0
  • Like 4

PREDICTIONS CONTEST FOR SUPERCOPA DE LA LUCHA II

@HiPlus 1 points

@Charasmatic Enigma 0.5 points

@John Lions 0.5 points

@KyTeran 0 points

Thank you for participating, as I said these points will be accumulated for the next predictions contest.

On 11/12/2023 at 7:59 PM, HiPlus said:

I want Hijo Del Rempago to win it.

On 11/12/2023 at 8:52 PM, Charasmatic Enigma said:

Axxis Jr

On 11/12/2023 at 9:13 PM, John Lions said:

Pantera Roja of course!

20 hours ago, KyTeran said:

El Orgulloso

I really liked that each of you wanted a different wrestler to win Supercopa. Summer will be very different this year in LAP.

• Like 2

wrestlingcommunity copia.gif

WrestlingCommunity.com - A fresh look at the wrestling industry

· SCYTHE AND OTHER USPW NEW SIGNINGS

Scythe has left SWF to join USPW in a 4-year deal worth $191500 per month. Mexican star Xtinction leaves EILL to sign with USPW for 2 years and $152000 per month.

· WADE ORSON SIGNS WITH SWF

SWF has signed Wade Orson from 21CW. The British wrestler signs for 3 years and $108000 per month.

· CILL JOINS THE CONFEDERATION OF THE TERRITORIES

The other members of the alliance include CZCW, MAW, NYCW, IPW and OLLIE.

• Like 2

lap thisislucha neo.gif

THIS IS LUCHA EPISODE 30

Monday, Week 2, May 2021, Esports Arena, Santa Clara, CA. Attendance: 538

Official theme song

Axxis Jr.jpg

Axxis Jr is in the ring to celebrate Supercopa De La Lucha II win with the fans to start the show.

(Crowd chanting "Axxis, Axxis!)

Axxis Jr: Thank you, thank you very much. This victory means a lot to me and I consider Supercopa De La Lucha as one of the most important achievements in my career. I want to thank LAP owner Don Joaquin Soler for the opportunity to...

image.jpeg

Suddenly Scarlet Scarab appears behind Axxis Jr and without saying a word jumps on the Supercopa winner and applies the Spinning Arm Breaker. Finally Axxis gets rid of Scarlet's submission and Scarlet Scarab leaves the ring smirking.

Rating: 52

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome to This Is Lucha! 

Mac Smith: Supercopa De La Lucha II was so good, if you missed it you can still watch it on demand on WrestlerWorld and stream it.

Cueball Lynch: I was so happy about Supercopa and I didn't expect Scarlet Scarab to behave so cowardly.

Alfonso Garcia: In our first match tonight, The Hammers face The Night Terrors!

Cueball Lynch: The Hammers are 1-1-0 in 2vs2 matches, while The Night Terrors have a 3-2-0 record in LAP.

Mac Smith: Two good teams that are looking to climb in the ranks.

Joffy Laine.jpgimage.jpegvst copia.pngBabau.jpgMoroi.jpg

THE HAMMERS (JOFFY LAINE & OX MASTADON) vs THE NIGHT TERRORS (BABAU & MOROI)

A match to work the crowd. Babau & Moroi had a superior coordination as a tag team during the match but "The Jackhammer" and "The Ox" changed the match every time they hit one of their impact moves. Ox Mastadon hit Moroi with the Ten Ton Splash to win the match.

The Hammers def. The Night Terrors via pinfall (Rating: 55, Time: 9')

Cueball Lynch: Important win for The Hammers.

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg

Joanne Rodriguez: I have an important announcement to make. LAP will hold its first event ever in Mexico in less than two weeks. Next This Is Lucha episode will take place in Mexico for the first time too.

One more thing, Électrico will have his last match in LAP in that event.

(We listen in the background people in the crowd saying "noooooo!")

Rating: 60

Mac Smith: So Eléctrico is really leaving the company? Wow.

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match, Máscara Roja Jr vs Ultimate Phoenix.

Mac Smith: Máscara Roja is still looking for his first win in LAP. Phoenix comes off a loss against Pantera Roja that was the Match Of The Night at Supercopa De La Lucha II.

image.jpegvst copia.pngUltimate Phoenix.jpg

MÁSCARA ROJA JR vs ULTIMATE PHOENIX

This was a match full of dangerous aerial moves. After a really good match in which Phoenix took part, this was a complete disappointment, Phoenix underperformed and Máscara Roja didn't help him. Ultimate phoenix hit Máscara Roja Jr with the Phoenix Firebird Splash.

Ultimate Phoenix def. Máscara Roja Jr via pintall (Rating: 44, Time: 6')

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg image.jpeg

Joanne Rodriguez: I'm here with Eléctrico. LAP fans want to know why you left your boots on the ring after Hijo Del Relampago beat you at Supercopa De La Lucha II? And obviously if the match that I've announced before is really going to be your last match in LAP?

Eléctrico: First of all I want to say thank you for all the support messages that I've received during these past days. I did that because I'd already decided that if I didn't win Supercopa again it would mean that my time in this company was over. So yes, it's really going to be my last match in LAP.

(We can hear people in the crowd chanting "you still got it!")

Joanne Rodriguez: What it means to you that your last match will be in Mexico and it will also be the first time in your country for LAP?

Eléctrico: My mission in this company wouldn't be complete if I couldn't participate in taking this company to Mexico for the first time. What we are trying to do here for the furure of Lucha is bigger than us.

Joanne Rodriguez: One last question, who's going to be your opponent in your last match?

Hijo Del Relampago.jpg

Hijo Del Relampago interrupts the interview and stares at Eléctrico from head to toe without saying a word.

Rating: 50

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match, Alina America, Simony Sentinel and Purple Viper fight for a Title Shot at the LAP Women's title!

Mac Smith: This Triple Threat match is highly unpredictable, anything can happen.

LAP Women's Title Shot Match

Alina America.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpegvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

ALINA AMERICA vs PURPLE VIPER vs SIMONY SENTINEL

The girls stole the show with this match. Alina America hit Simony Sentinel with the Southern Lights Bomb, but just when she thought she would win it, Purple Viper hit Alina America with the Viper Bite.

Purple Viper def. Alina America and Simony Sentinel via pinfall (Rating: 54, Time 10')

Alfonso Garcia: It's time for the Main Event, Chess Maniac faces Ricochet Ramone!

Mac Smith: Chess Maniac is at the very top in the power rankings right now with a 8-0-0 record in singles matches in 2021.

Cueball Lynch: Ricochet Ramone after taking part in Supercopa De La Lucha II is in the Main Event of This Is Lucha for the first time. I'm happy for Ramone, he's got a lot of upside.

Main Event:

Chess Maniac.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

CHESS MANIAC vs RICOCHET RAMONE

In this match Ricochet Ramone played a pure underdog role and the crowd celebrated each positive action by Ramone during the first minutes. Ramone hit Chess Maniac with the Ricochet Senton but Chess Maniac kicked out at 2. Then Chess Maniac took over and slowly dismantled Ramone. Chess Maniac submitted Ricochet Ramone with the Checkmate.

Chess Maniac def. Ricochet Ramone via submission (Rating: 53, Time: 16')

Alfonso Garcia: Don't miss our first ever episode in Mexico next week! Thank you for watching us. This is Lucha, this is Lucha America Productions!

SHOW RATING: 55

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-15 a las 2.09.25.png

Live On

• Like 6