Preferred Workers List

I know this one is maybe a stretch, but I've been thinking about it a long time, so might as well throw it out there.

2-part suggestion.

PART 1: The Base Idea

I think companies should have a "Preferred Workers" list.

Its a simple list set on the company page or whatever in the editor. This list could literally be empty, or possibly have hundreds of entries. The list is simply workers the company would "prefer" to hire if not already hired, and able to hire.

When a company decides it needs to hire workers, it would automatically go to the list. To avoid companies ONLY hiring off the list, a random chance could happen. For examples sake, 50/50. It either pulls from the list, then pulls the most suited hire, or it pulls from the entire available pool of workers (like it would now) which also technically would include any available workers on the list.

Further, companies, or owners, could possibly have a slider that shows how likely they are to go to the preferred list vs the free agent pool. A person more in favour could maybe go up to a 75% chance, where you could have a complete "does not care" where it defaults to 0 and the list becomes redundant.

The list COULD evolve over time. Based on tenure, or relationships. A worker leaving a company on a written deal may have a higher chance at dropping off the list. I'm note 100% sure how possible this is, or what variables would effect stuff, but it does not need to be a static list. Though maybe its easier if it is.

Why do this? I think it can help simulate the world of wrestling a bit better. Often enough, especially on the indy scene, wrestlers come and go from a company, but always return. Plenty of companies are more likely to hire certain people simply because who they are. I think relationships can simulate this (will owners/bookers hire friends? They should) but I also feel this idea helps expand that possibility while not requiring each worker to have 100-relationships.

For example, Jimmy Yang. Was fired and hired by the WWE 3 times. At one point, somewhat famously, Vince didnt even realize he wasnt employed when he saw him visiting backstage and basically hired him on the spot. Jimmy Yang being on a "preferred" list could help simulate this, even though I doubt very often he would have been the obvious hire from TEW-AI point of view. You can obviously take this idea and apply it to indy companies very easily.

There could be a cap on "preferred list" size to help things not bog down in simulating.

PART 2: New Companies

In a similar idea, a brand new company set to open could have a "preferred list" set in the data. So when the company opens, day 1, it would automatically try to pull off the preferred list for potential hires. This would REALLY help mod-making in my mind, as it would really help simulate real world mods. Having ROH/PWG/AEW open in-game with preferred hires would be a game changer to me at least for mod making. Even if this idea is made on its own, implemented as a unique "Possible Starting Roster" list, I just think it would be so useful. It could also help, somewhat, simulate wrestling Exoduses which happen in Japan & Mexico semi-regularly but are a disaster to try and implement I understand. This is kind of a nice middle ground.

DEFAULT DATA:
I do think this could also help immersion in the Cornellverse as well. Its fairly easy to see the benefits of world building this could provide there as well. I usually think of real world data's, as thats my main interest, but I think its important to keep in mind any features positive/negative-effect or usefullness with the default data.

Edited by MrCanada
  • Like 3

I like the idea.

It could also be used for cases where a company will bring someone back for just one event. A worker who's on the "preferred list" would always agree to negotiate (unless they have a really negative relationship with someone in the company), and you could make an offer like "I want to give you a spot in a battle royale" or "I want you to make an appearance at the season finale", and that way, unless they physically can't do it at all, even retired workers would still be likely to agree, because, well, that company is "family" in a way, so a few minutes of in-ring work is still something you can consider for family. Kind of like how Molly Holly or Ivory or Michelle McCool or Torrie WIlson or Kelly Kelly have returned like once a year in recent years, but haven't wrestled for any other company in 10-15 years so realistically should be set as "retired" in the game.

• Like 1