New titles should start at 0% prestige

But using real life for example, if WWE introduced a new title tomorrow the size of their company alone would give it some level of prestige before any matches take place.  In small, lesser known companies I agree it should be 0, but thats not going to be universal thing. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Dave Mac said:

But using real life for example, if WWE introduced a new title tomorrow the size of their company alone would give it some level of prestige before any matches take place.  In small, lesser known companies I agree it should be 0, but thats not going to be universal thing. 

That's why I added from the get go that it should be at least an option.

1 hour ago, Dave Mac said:

In small, lesser known companies I agree it should be 0, but thats not going to be universal thing. 

But I thought the prestige level reflected, at least partially, how the title was treated by the promotion itself and not, or at least not only, how well regarded it was by the whole wrestling world. So even if you're introducing a new tertiary title in the tiniest promotion, unless you literally tell your audience "here's our new title, which is a worthless piece of garbage that you guys shouldn't care about" as you're introducing it, you wouldn't start at 0 prestige, because you'd still introduce it as something that's supposed to matter.

1 hour ago, MisterSocko said:

But I thought the prestige level reflected, at least partially, how the title was treated by the promotion itself and not, or at least not only, how well regarded it was by the whole wrestling world. So even if you're introducing a new tertiary title in the tiniest promotion, unless you literally tell your audience "here's our new title, which is a worthless piece of garbage that you guys shouldn't care about" as you're introducing it, you wouldn't start at 0 prestige, because you'd still introduce it as something that's supposed to matter.

That was the case in previous entries, but in 2020, title prestige is how the title is viewed by the world. That's why a main event title can go below 70 prestige now and why a tertiary title can raise above 40. 

12 hours ago, MisterSocko said:

At the risk of being boringly pedantic I guess when I create a title in the titles screen in my mind that’s me in my office officially making a title. So until it’s on a show the prestige should be 0 as the world doesn’t know it exists, yet.

But that’s a bit cosmetic as it stops being 0 the moment it’s on a show so not a huge difference I guess. 

Had another idea, what if the initial prestige is based on the segment it debuts in or something along those lines? I definitely understand the pov that if WWE debuts a new title it'll automatically have more prestige than a rando indie, but with title prestige being a gameworld thing now, I just like building title prestige myself. I might be alone in this, and if so, no big deal. 

6 minutes ago, Jason Phoenix said:

The starting prestige of the belts is based on the size of the company and level of the title already.

I'm just mentioning this as I couldn't work out whether you already knew this or not from your posts. Disregard this if you did know.

I'm aware, but I'm adding that it should be based on how the title is debuted. The new World Heavyweight title obviously started off better than the Universal title despite both being presented as new main event titles. Finn getting hurt in the debut, plus the ugly, gaudy red strap really hurt the debut prestige of the Universal title for a lot of people. The new WHC on the other hand, was debuted to fanfare. 

Appreciate the addition to the conversation though. Title prestige could do with some freshening up, and the more dialogue generated, the better. 

On 8/7/2023 at 5:54 AM, Dave Mac said:

At the risk of being boringly pedantic I guess when I create a title in the titles screen in my mind that’s me in my office officially making a title. So until it’s on a show the prestige should be 0 as the world doesn’t know it exists, yet.

But that’s a bit cosmetic as it stops being 0 the moment it’s on a show so not a huge difference I guess. 

Part of the "prestige" could be the look of the belt.  Prestige should be tied strictly to the promotion in my opinion.  It is dumb to compare unless comparing Medium vs. Medium companies.  I will always view the lowest tiered title WWE champion over the TNA World Champion. 

I will admit, AEW has me rethinking this

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2023 at 4:23 AM, KidCoheed said:

It should factor off of both first belt holders popularity as well as company popularity in nation 

True.  Matt Cardana has single made me interested in GCW (or whatever promotion he won the world title for, I could be butchering this) and that world title would go up at least 10 points in prestige.  If Moxley wins it, maybe +30 since he is 80+ popular.  Once it goes back to Joe Somebody it should go down thirty or so points.