WCW [1995]: The Goodbye Resolution

WCW: The Goodbye Resolution

Goodbye
On July 28, 2023, I posted goodbye on my latest diary.  That was named: WCW [1995] Heading To The Top, Not Quite As Great As Henderson.  The self-deprecating title started to bother me during the run simply because it seemed like I could never live up to someone else.  Our diaries are definitely different.  We went in separate directions.  So, at that point, I made the decision to leave the GDS boards for a while.  There was always a part of me that understood that I would be back.  

The New Diary
So, I made the decision now to start a brand-new diary based in WCW 1995.  No self-deprecation.  Just something that I will enjoy writing for as the weeks and months go on.  I made it to 141 replies on my last diary.  I am looking to beat that as we move forward.  Whenever I create a new diary, I always try to make some changes so that each diary is unique.  Listed below are some of the changes that I made prior to starting the game that this diary will be based on.  You can read them or not, that's up to you.  Not all changes will be listed as I would like to save some surprises for the diary itself.

Thank You
I would like to say thank you to everyone who both reads this diary and responds.  It's the responds that make a diary move forward.  People say to do this for yourself and, to an extent, that's true.  However, we post so that people will make comments.  Otherwise, we may as well simply play the game without posting.  So, thank you in advance to anyone who posts, whether that's predictions or simply their thoughts on the diary in general (the best posts, IMO).  I may use some of the thoughts and I may not.  Who knows as we move ahead?

Changes, Ch Ch Ch Changes!
Disco Inferno--->Heel
Marcus Bagwell--->Babyface, Teen Idol
Meng--->Savage
Ric Flair--->Babyface
Steve Armstrong--->Babyface, Old School Face

Chris Benoit--->New Japan Contract Only
Chris Kanyon--->Exclusive Written, WCW
Dean Malenko--->Exclusive Written, WCW
Jim Duggan--->Exclusive Written, WCW
Jushin Thunder Liger--->Exclusive Written, WCW, Removed New Japan Contract
Kevin Sullivan--->Exclusive Written, WCW
Manabu Nakanishi--->New Japan Contract, Removed WCW Contract
Maxx Muscle--->Exclusive Written, WCW
Pez Whatley--->Unemployed, Removed WCW Contract
Road Warrior Hawk--->Exclusive Written, WCW, Removed New Japan Contract
Sabu--->New Japan, Removed WCW Contract
Scott Norton--->New Japan, Removed WCW Contract
The Sheik--->Unemployed, Removed WCW Contract

Rick Steiner--->Exclusive Written, WCW, Removed All Other Contracts Legitimate Athlete (Legitimate)
Scott Steiner--->Exclusive Written, WCW, Removed All Other Contracts, Legitimate Athlete (Legitimate)

WCW Main Event--->Removed Broadcasting Contract
WCW Monday Nitro--->Moved From 1 Hour to 1 And A Half Hours

• Like 1

WCW Monday Nitro
Monday Week 1 September 1995
Preview

WCW United States Title Match
Sting defends vs. 'The Nature Boy' Ric Flair
Comments: 

'Flyin' Brian Pillman vs. Jushin Thunder Liger
Comments: 

WCW World Tag Team Titles Match
The Stud Stable (Bunkhouse Buck and 'Dirty' Dick Slater) defend vs. ???
Comments: 

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
'The Immortal' Hulk Hogan defends vs. 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff
Comments: 

Comments About The Diary In General: 

• Like 1

Sorry your first diary didn't work out dude, hopefully this one will be better.

If inmaybtake some guesses, Sting goes over flair with Luger's debut happening either during this match or Hogan's with a promo from arn Anderson to hyper their match at fall brawl, Brian pins liger as in real life, stud stables mystery opponents are the steiner's and it gets thrown out by Harlem Heat interference, setting up a feud with heat and the steiner's or even a 3 way between these teams later on, and Hogan obviously beats orndorff and the dungeon of Doom run interference with Luger coming in for the save like in real life.

Kinda sucks Benoit and sabu aren't on the roster, controversy for the formers actions aside these are some of my favorite wrestlers. Hopefully you can come to a deal njpw to trade talent sometime.

• Like 1

Sting
Brian Pillman
???
Hull Kogan

Welcome back, dudester! Hoping this is the one. I've always enjoyed your style of writing and can definitely relate to stop-start projects in these boards (though my latest one that I stopped in here is still ongoing in the discord and I might bring that thread back at any moment) so I'll always be supportive. We all have our personal struggles and all it takes is that one project to get us some momentum as writers. 

• Like 1

Comments: 

Comments: 

Comments: 

Comments: 

Comments About The Diary In General: Love Orndorff-Hogan for the first Nitro. Hope we see Mega Powers against Pretty Wonderful down the road. Good to see you back.

-KYE

• Like 1

Comments: I dunno why but I just feel like Naitch might get some sort of an assist here...

Comments: My Brian Pillman love is showing. Could easily be one of the company's top stars.

Comments: Surprise win and The Studs are determined to get the title back and right the loss

Comments: Hogan goes over on TV. 

Comments About The Diary In General: As someone who has had their own stories history of stop start dynasty's on this forum. Don't ever give up dude. Eventually you'll find the one that works for you. I'm psyched for this being the one for you

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Neon_Peon said:
On 11/23/2023 at 7:44 PM, sonny912 said:

Sorry your first diary didn't work out dude, hopefully this one will be better.

If inmaybtake some guesses, Sting goes over flair with Luger's debut happening either during this match or Hogan's with a promo from arn Anderson to hyper their match at fall brawl, Brian pins liger as in real life, stud stables mystery opponents are the steiner's and it gets thrown out by Harlem Heat interference, setting up a feud with heat and the steiner's or even a 3 way between these teams later on, and Hogan obviously beats orndorff and the dungeon of Doom run interference with Luger coming in for the save like in real life.

Kinda sucks Benoit and sabu aren't on the roster, controversy for the formers actions aside these are some of my favorite wrestlers. Hopefully you can come to a deal njpw to trade talent sometime.

Hey sonny912,

Thanks for the guesses and the comments.  I can understand the Benoit and Sabu thing.  I won't be bringing Benoit in at any point.  He was a great wrestler but his real life murder makes me not wish to keep him on the roster.  I hope that you can understand that.

On 11/24/2023 at 3:08 AM, Dawn said:

Sting
Brian Pillman
???
Hull Kogan

Welcome back, dudester! Hoping this is the one. I've always enjoyed your style of writing and can definitely relate to stop-start projects in these boards (though my latest one that I stopped in here is still ongoing in the discord and I might bring that thread back at any moment) so I'll always be supportive. We all have our personal struggles and all it takes is that one project to get us some momentum as writers. 

Hey Dawn,

Thanks for the welcome back.  I'm glad you enjoy my style of writing as that won't really change, to be honest.  Thanks for the predictions and I hope I can keep you commenting as we move forward.

17 hours ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

Comments: 

Comments: 

Comments: 

Comments: 

Comments About The Diary In General: Love Orndorff-Hogan for the first Nitro. Hope we see Mega Powers against Pretty Wonderful down the road. Good to see you back.

-KYE

Comments: I dunno why but I just feel like Naitch might get some sort of an assist here...

Comments: My Brian Pillman love is showing. Could easily be one of the company's top stars.

Comments: Surprise win and The Studs are determined to get the title back and right the loss

Comments: Hogan goes over on TV. 

Comments About The Diary In General: As someone who has had their own stories history of stop start dynasty's on this forum. Don't ever give up dude. Eventually you'll find the one that works for you. I'm psyched for this being the one for you

Hey KYE, Neon_Peon,

Not sure why it combined these two quotes.  I am still learning as it comes to this board and how to do things.  But I am thankful for the predictions and comments.  I am glad you liked the Paul Orndorff switch for Big Bubba Rogers.  I felt like that would be the better match for the opening of Nitro.  As you'll all see in the next post, there will definitely be some interesting things happening as we move forward.

Edited by angeldelayette

heH16Ck.jpg

NEWS: SHAWN MICHAELS FIRED FROM WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION!

We here at PromotionWars.com have learned that a major argument has occurred between WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels and WWF Owner Vince McMahon.  This argument resulted in the WWF announcing that Shawn Michaels has been stripped of the Intercontinental title and subsequently fired from the company.  As more information arises, we will keep you informed.

• Like 1

Bossman isn't bad in the ring, but that gimmick in '95 was pretty bad.

Orndorff was one of Hogan's first major WWF Feuds. He actually permanently injured his arm to put Hogan over -- Orndoff didn't get treatment that's part of the reason Orndoff's arm is the way it is. There's a great worked shoot promo there if you want go that route.

Roma's good enough in the ring and still pretty over. He starts in a tag team with Orndorff. Him and Orndorff could probably have some great matches with The Mega Powers and others.

Speaking of tag teams, was watching some early JCP Stuff and would love to see you bring in The New Breed (WCW Version). They would be fun to watch in that Nitro product. Not sure how good the match ratings would be, but Royal and Champion could go in real life.

(I've recently become a pretty big New Breed mark and have been telling everyone with a 90s diary to bring them in. They were ahead of their time and wouldn't be out of place today)

Edited by ColdBloodedSausageMaker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, angeldelayette said:

heH16Ck.jpg

NEWS: SHAWN MICHAELS FIRED FROM WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION!

We here at PromotionWars.com have learned that a major argument has occurred between WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels and WWF Owner Vince McMahon.  This argument resulted in the WWF announcing that Shawn Michaels has been stripped of the Intercontinental title and subsequently fired from the company.  As more information arises, we will keep you informed.

Well, time to sign up the sexy boy. That's rule one of booking mid-90's wcw is that if the competition releases a top talent you gotta sign them with a multi-million dollar contract with creative control.

• Like 1

WCW Monday Nitro

YWvrdzZ.gifEPjkltT.jpgI8j5U07.gif

Match #1: WCW United States Title Match
Sting defends vs. Ric Flair

WCW Monday Nitro begins in the Duluth Entertainment Center in Duluth, Minnesota.  The crowd cheers the arrival of two fan favorites in the WCW United States Champion Sting and the Nature Boy Ric Flair.  The match itself is a solid back and forth contest with both men showing off their abilities in the ring.  At around the five minute mark, Sting goes for a knee in the corner but Flair moves and Sting strikes the corner with his knee.  Flair goes right after the knee of Sting, using a kneebreaker before placing Sting's knee over the bottom rope.  He leaps up and comes seated down on Sting's knee.  Flair goes for the Figure Four but Sting rolls it into a small package for a two count.  The crowd gets behind Sting as the two men get to their feet.  Sting manages to reverse an Irish whip, sending Flair up and over the corner and onto the apron.  Flair rushes down the apron and climbs to the top where he's met by Sting.  Sting takes him down with a body slam but then grabs his knee, grimacing in pain.  Moments later, Sting Irish whips Flair into a corner and then hits him with the Stinger Splash.  Sting grabs the legs of the fallen Flair and twists him into the Scorpion Deathlock.  Flair shakes his head, trying to reach for the ropes.  Sting moves them into the center of the ring and Flair has no choice but to submit.
Sting d. Ric Flair =76

I8j5U07.gif

YWvrdzZ.gif

dTcxzdl.gifWs9jjB4.gif

What Does Sting Do?
Sting releases the hold and stands up, accepting the WCW United States title belt.  He raises it up before exiting the ring and walking toward the back.  He gets halfway there when he is passed by Arn Anderson and Brian Pillman, who both rush to the ring.  Anderson and Pillman immediately set upon Ric Flair.  Anderson drops Flair with a spinebuster and then pulls him up as Pillman goes to the apron.  Pillman leaps and catches Flair with Air Pillman while Sting watches.  Finally, Sting rushes down to ringside and grabs Flair, pulling him out of the ring.  Sting helps Flair to the back, while Anderson and Pillman remain in the ring.  The announcers let us know that Brian Pillman is in action next.

Ws9jjB4.gifdTcxzdl.gifEPjkltT.jpgyTeXyTU.gif

Match #2
Brian Pillman (w/Arn Anderson) vs. Jushin Thunder Liger

Our second bout here on Nitro is a high flying encounter between Brian Pillman and Jushin Thunder Liger.  This was definitely a fast-paced match with multiple near-falls in the first minute of the contest.  Both men get in some good moves, including a hangman style neckbreaker from Pillman and a fisherman's buster from Liger.  The match itself comes to an abrupt ending.  Liger gets the advantage and heads to the top turnbuckle.  Arn Anderson climbs on the apron, distracting the Japanese wrestler.  Liger manages to kick Anderson off the apron and then goes for the shooting star press.  Pillman moves and Liger lands hard and stops moving.  Pillman rolls Liger into a cradle, scoring the three count but the referees are already calling for the EMTs and a stretcher for Liger.
Brian Pillman p. Jushin Thunder Liger =64

VfjaWRE.gif

aRz4io9.gif

Mr. Wonderful
As the EMTs work on Jushin Thunder Liger in the ring, the focus turns to the top of the ramp where Gene Okerlund welcomes everyone to the first ever WCW Monday Nitro.  Okerlund reminds everyone to call the WCW hotline and he says he'll try to get an update on the condition of Jushin Thunder Liger. But right now he brings out the number one contender to the WCW World Heavyweight title, the man who will face Hulk Hogan tonight on the very first Monday Nitro Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff.  Orndorff comes out and flexes to boos from the crowd.  Okerlund welcomes Orndorff and asks him about his match tonight against Hulk Hogan.  Orndorff replies that he has a storied history with Hulk Hogan, both good and bad.  But this chapter will prove why they call him Mr. Wonderful.  Orndorff promises to snap Hogan's neck with a picture perfect piledriver and then score the three count before walking away as the new WCW World Heavyweight Champion.  Orndorff reminds the crowd that he is Mr. Wonderful and he has the best body in the business.  Orndorff flexes as the stretcher goes by with Jushin Thunder Liger.

6Qi2Z7Z.gifUXlqz85.gifr6owE4R.gif

5EC4pBK.jpg5EC4pBK.jpg

A Tag Team Return
Back to the ring and here come the WCW World Tag Team Champions Dick Slater and Bunkhouse Buck along with their manager Col. Robert Parker.  They enter the ring and Parker gets on the microphone, asking how you can have the very first edition of WCW Monday Nitro without the WCW World Tag Team Champions.  The truth is that you can't.  Parker says that since the championship committee can't find a tag team worthy enough to face them, he'll open it up to any two men in the back right now.  He says that his Stud Stable will take on any two men in this ring right now.  There is a pause and then some older, familiar music begins to play.  The announcers are shocked when out walk Lex Luger and Barry Windham!  Eric Bischoff reminds the fans that these two men are former NWA World Tag Team Champions.  Luger flexes on his way to the ring and then enters beside Windham.  Parker looks surprised but Slater and Buck are prepared and ready to fight this match.  Mickey Jay comes out and we have an impromptu match for the WCW World Tag Team titles.

UXlqz85.gifr6owE4R.gif6Qi2Z7Z.gifEPjkltT.jpgziu2kVT.gifpSvkDjd.gif

Match #3: WCW World Tag Team Titles Match
The Stud Stable (w/Col. Robert Parker) defend vs. Luger & Windham

Perhaps the biggest surprise of the night so far as Lex Luger and Barry Windham make their return to WCW and take on the Stud Stable for the WCW World Tag Team titles.  This was a back and forth match with Luger and Windham starting hot until Windham gets caught in no-man's land.  Dick Slater and Bunkhouse Buck drive him back into their corner and use quick tags in and out to keep a fresh man in the ring.  Slater scores a near fall on Windham as the crowd gets behind him.  Slater brings Windham back into the corner and Windham starts firing back on both Slater and Buck.  Windham hits Slater with a clothesline and both men have to make it to their respective corners.  Both men make tags and in comes the Total Package.  He's fresh and takes down Buck and Slater with clotheslines.  He takes down Buck with a powerslam and then stands up, making the signal for the Human Torture Rack.  Slater comes in but he gets taken down with a lariat by Windham!  Luger picks up Buck and lifts him on his shoulders -- Human Torture Rack!  Buck struggles as Col. Robert Parker climbs up on the apron.  The referee doesn't get distracted soon enough, though, and Buck submits!  We have new WCW World Tag Team Champions!  Congratulations to Luger & Windham!
Luger & Windham d. The Stud Stable =71

WCW Saturday Night
A promo video plays hyping this week's edition of WCW Saturday Night.  In the main event, we will see The Renegade defend the WCW World Television title in a fifteen minute time limit match against Diamond Dallas Page.  Also in action will be Johnny B. Badd and Alex Wright!  Make sure you tune in Saturday night on 6:05 on the Superstation!

VqASadl.gif

Who Is This?
Back to the ring area, we have a disturbance going on in the crowd.  The cameras pan in and we see a man who was with another company just last night.  The crowd is shocked to see the man known as Shawn Michaels to WWF fans walking through the crowd and then leap over the guardrail.  He asks for a microphone and then slides in the ring.  This outsider tells the people that they know who he is but they don't know why he's here.  He reminds people that he is the Showstopper and he is the Headliner.  He says that if WCW wants a war, then they are going to get a war and he is here to fire the first strike.  He says he's here to take on guys like Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage and Sting.  His microphone gets turned off and security enter the ring.  He raises his arms and he is taken from the ring and taken to the back by security.  The announce team do not acknowledge his words and apologize for this interruption.

WdZYhlb.gifhm6VaOs.gifEPjkltT.jpgaRz4io9.gif

Match #4: WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
Hulk Hogan defends vs. Paul Orndorff

It's time for the main event and what a mian event we have lined up as we see the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan take on a long-time rival in Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff.  Unlike many of their battles, Hogan is the one with a manager at ringside in Jimmy Hart.  The two men meet in the center of the ring with both men flexing.  Orndorff slaps Hogan and Hogan fires back with a clothesline.  He Irish whips Orndorff into a corner and follows in with a corner clothesline.  Orndorff staggers out and then exits the ring, taking a breather.  Hogan chases him outside the ring and Orndorff slides in first.  Hogan follows and Orndorff strikes him in the ribs with a knee and a few stomps to follow that up.  Mr. Wonderful plays to the crowd, drawing in boos from this audience.  Orndorff picks up Hogan and brings him over in a German suplex, scoring a two count on a bridge.  Orndorff stands up and spends the next few minutes focused on the ribs of Hogan.  He drives the point of his elbow against the ribs again and again.  Then he locks Hogan in a bear hug.  Jimmy Hart tries to get the fans involved as senior referee Nick Patrick checks on Hogan.  His hand slides up and falls once, twice but it stays up the third time.  The crowd chants 'Hogan' as Hogan begins firing punches on Orndorff.  He fires three and that breaks the hold.  He bounces off the ropes and both men hit clotheslines, knocking both men down.  Referee Nick Patrick begins a ten count on both men.  He gets up to seven before both men manage to make it to their feet.  Orndorff staggers in, blocking a punch and kicking Hogan in the gut.  He pulls Hogan in and lifts him up -- Piledriver!  Orndorff hits the Piledriver!  We could have a new WCW World Heavyweight Champion!  Bobby Heenan celebrates on commentary as Orndorff makes the cover: One...Two...Big Kickout!

Hulk Hogan lifts to his knees and shakes his head, looking at Paul Orndorff as the crowd cheers Hogan on.  Orndorff looks shocked that Hogan kicked out of the Piledriver!  Orndorff moves back in and throws a punch, a second one, a third one.  Hogan gets up to his feet, shaking his fists and then he points to Orndorff!  Orndorff looks surprised as Hogan wags his finger.  Orndorff moves back in and throws a punch -- blocked!  Hogan throws three straight punches before sending Orndorff to the ropes -- Big Boot!  Orndorff falls to the center of the ring and Hogan cups his ear before bouncing off the ropes -- Leg Drop!  Hogan makes the cover, hooking the leg: One...Two...Three!
Hulk Hogan p. Paul Orndorff =81

WdZYhlb.gif2i5yKQl.gifYWvrdzZ.gifVyinzyh.gifhm6VaOs.gif

GhA5S96.gifk2VuzKO.gifDDExjK3.giflYnw3MQ.gifx3mlEVJ.gif

Dungeon Of Doom
Hulk Hogan successfully defends the WCW World Heavyweight title!  Jimmy Hart brings the belt into the ring and hands it off to Hogan.  Hogan raises it up to cheers from the crowd.  As Hogan celebrates, The Taskmaster leads Kamala, Meng, The Shark and Zodiac down to the ring.  On commentary, Eric Bischoff mentions that these are the four men who will be fighting in War Games against Hulk Hogan, Sting, Randy Savage and a man to be named.  The four men surround the ring and then climb up on the apron.  As they do, Randy Savage, Sting and Jim Duggan come running down to the ring.  Savage and Sting have chairs, while Duggan has his trusty 2X4!  Those three men join Hogan in the ring and the numbers game has evened up.  The Dungeon Of Doom members look to The Taskmaster, who calls them off.  They each drop off the apron and begin walking toward the back.

War Games
In the ring stand Hulk Hogan, Jimmy Hart, Randy Savage, Sting and Jim Duggan.  Jim Duggan asks for a microphone and receives one, looking across at the four men in the ring.  Duggan tells Hogan that he has always had Hogan's back and he always will whether that's in the ring or out of the ring.  Hogan thanks him for that.  Duggan says that's the American way.  You always look out for your brothers.  However, he says that Hogan has something that he has wanted since he stepped foot in WCW and that's the World Heavyweight title.  Duggan says that he is coming to Hulk Hogan man to man and asking for a shot at the WCW World Heavyweight title next week on Monday Nitro.  Hogan looks surprised at this and then huddles up with Sting and Randy Savage.  They talk in the huddle off-microphone for about a minute before Hogan breaks the huddle.  Hogan takes the microphone and tells Duggan that he deserves a shot at the title and he will give him one on one condition.  He says that the condition is that win or lose Jim Duggan becomes their fourth for War Games.  Duggan says that he thought that Hogan would never ask.  He accepts and the two friends shake hands before going face to face.  Duggan looks down at the title belt for a moment and the show ends with the announcement of a World title match next week.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, angeldelayette said:

WCW Monday Nitro

YWvrdzZ.gifEPjkltT.jpgI8j5U07.gif

Match #1: WCW United States Title Match
Sting defends vs. Ric Flair

WCW Monday Nitro begins in the Duluth Entertainment Center in Duluth, Minnesota.  The crowd cheers the arrival of two fan favorites in the WCW United States Champion Sting and the Nature Boy Ric Flair.  The match itself is a solid back and forth contest with both men showing off their abilities in the ring.  At around the five minute mark, Sting goes for a knee in the corner but Flair moves and Sting strikes the corner with his knee.  Flair goes right after the knee of Sting, using a kneebreaker before placing Sting's knee over the bottom rope.  He leaps up and comes seated down on Sting's knee.  Flair goes for the Figure Four but Sting rolls it into a small package for a two count.  The crowd gets behind Sting as the two men get to their feet.  Sting manages to reverse an Irish whip, sending Flair up and over the corner and onto the apron.  Flair rushes down the apron and climbs to the top where he's met by Sting.  Sting takes him down with a body slam but then grabs his knee, grimacing in pain.  Moments later, Sting Irish whips Flair into a corner and then hits him with the Stinger Splash.  Sting grabs the legs of the fallen Flair and twists him into the Scorpion Deathlock.  Flair shakes his head, trying to reach for the ropes.  Sting moves them into the center of the ring and Flair has no choice but to submit.
Sting d. Ric Flair =76

I8j5U07.gif

YWvrdzZ.gif

dTcxzdl.gifWs9jjB4.gif

What Does Sting Do?
Sting releases the hold and stands up, accepting the WCW United States title belt.  He raises it up before exiting the ring and walking toward the back.  He gets halfway there when he is passed by Arn Anderson and Brian Pillman, who both rush to the ring.  Anderson and Pillman immediately set upon Ric Flair.  Anderson drops Flair with a spinebuster and then pulls him up as Pillman goes to the apron.  Pillman leaps and catches Flair with Air Pillman while Sting watches.  Finally, Sting rushes down to ringside and grabs Flair, pulling him out of the ring.  Sting helps Flair to the back, while Anderson and Pillman remain in the ring.  The announcers let us know that Brian Pillman is in action next.

Ws9jjB4.gifdTcxzdl.gifEPjkltT.jpgyTeXyTU.gif

Match #2
Brian Pillman (w/Arn Anderson) vs. Jushin Thunder Liger

Our second bout here on Nitro is a high flying encounter between Brian Pillman and Jushin Thunder Liger.  This was definitely a fast-paced match with multiple near-falls in the first minute of the contest.  Both men get in some good moves, including a hangman style neckbreaker from Pillman and a fisherman's buster from Liger.  The match itself comes to an abrupt ending.  Liger gets the advantage and heads to the top turnbuckle.  Arn Anderson climbs on the apron, distracting the Japanese wrestler.  Liger manages to kick Anderson off the apron and then goes for the shooting star press.  Pillman moves and Liger lands hard and stops moving.  Pillman rolls Liger into a cradle, scoring the three count but the referees are already calling for the EMTs and a stretcher for Liger.
Brian Pillman p. Jushin Thunder Liger =64

VfjaWRE.gif

aRz4io9.gif

Mr. Wonderful
As the EMTs work on Jushin Thunder Liger in the ring, the focus turns to the top of the ramp where Gene Okerlund welcomes everyone to the first ever WCW Monday Nitro.  Okerlund reminds everyone to call the WCW hotline and he says he'll try to get an update on the condition of Jushin Thunder Liger. But right now he brings out the number one contender to the WCW World Heavyweight title, the man who will face Hulk Hogan tonight on the very first Monday Nitro Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff.  Orndorff comes out and flexes to boos from the crowd.  Okerlund welcomes Orndorff and asks him about his match tonight against Hulk Hogan.  Orndorff replies that he has a storied history with Hulk Hogan, both good and bad.  But this chapter will prove why they call him Mr. Wonderful.  Orndorff promises to snap Hogan's neck with a picture perfect piledriver and then score the three count before walking away as the new WCW World Heavyweight Champion.  Orndorff reminds the crowd that he is Mr. Wonderful and he has the best body in the business.  Orndorff flexes as the stretcher goes by with Jushin Thunder Liger.

6Qi2Z7Z.gifUXlqz85.gifr6owE4R.gif

5EC4pBK.jpg5EC4pBK.jpg

A Tag Team Return
Back to the ring and here come the WCW World Tag Team Champions Dick Slater and Bunkhouse Buck along with their manager Col. Robert Parker.  They enter the ring and Parker gets on the microphone, asking how you can have the very first edition of WCW Monday Nitro without the WCW World Tag Team Champions.  The truth is that you can't.  Parker says that since the championship committee can't find a tag team worthy enough to face them, he'll open it up to any two men in the back right now.  He says that his Stud Stable will take on any two men in this ring right now.  There is a pause and then some older, familiar music begins to play.  The announcers are shocked when out walk Lex Luger and Barry Windham!  Eric Bischoff reminds the fans that these two men are former NWA World Tag Team Champions.  Luger flexes on his way to the ring and then enters beside Windham.  Parker looks surprised but Slater and Buck are prepared and ready to fight this match.  Mickey Jay comes out and we have an impromptu match for the WCW World Tag Team titles.

UXlqz85.gifr6owE4R.gif6Qi2Z7Z.gifEPjkltT.jpgziu2kVT.gifpSvkDjd.gif

Match #3: WCW World Tag Team Titles Match
The Stud Stable (w/Col. Robert Parker) defend vs. Luger & Windham

Perhaps the biggest surprise of the night so far as Lex Luger and Barry Windham make their return to WCW and take on the Stud Stable for the WCW World Tag Team titles.  This was a back and forth match with Luger and Windham starting hot until Windham gets caught in no-man's land.  Dick Slater and Bunkhouse Buck drive him back into their corner and use quick tags in and out to keep a fresh man in the ring.  Slater scores a near fall on Windham as the crowd gets behind him.  Slater brings Windham back into the corner and Windham starts firing back on both Slater and Buck.  Windham hits Slater with a clothesline and both men have to make it to their respective corners.  Both men make tags and in comes the Total Package.  He's fresh and takes down Buck and Slater with clotheslines.  He takes down Buck with a powerslam and then stands up, making the signal for the Human Torture Rack.  Slater comes in but he gets taken down with a lariat by Windham!  Luger picks up Buck and lifts him on his shoulders -- Human Torture Rack!  Buck struggles as Col. Robert Parker climbs up on the apron.  The referee doesn't get distracted soon enough, though, and Buck submits!  We have new WCW World Tag Team Champions!  Congratulations to Luger & Windham!
Luger & Windham d. The Stud Stable =71

WCW Saturday Night
A promo video plays hyping this week's edition of WCW Saturday Night.  In the main event, we will see The Renegade defend the WCW World Television title in a fifteen minute time limit match against Diamond Dallas Page.  Also in action will be Johnny B. Badd and Alex Wright!  Make sure you tune in Saturday night on 6:05 on the Superstation!

VqASadl.gif

Who Is This?
Back to the ring area, we have a disturbance going on in the crowd.  The cameras pan in and we see a man who was with another company just last night.  The crowd is shocked to see the man known as Shawn Michaels to WWF fans walking through the crowd and then leap over the guardrail.  He asks for a microphone and then slides in the ring.  This outsider tells the people that they know who he is but they don't know why he's here.  He reminds people that he is the Showstopper and he is the Headliner.  He says that if WCW wants a war, then they are going to get a war and he is here to fire the first strike.  He says he's here to take on guys like Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage and Sting.  His microphone gets turned off and security enter the ring.  He raises his arms and he is taken from the ring and taken to the back by security.  The announce team do not acknowledge his words and apologize for this interruption.

WdZYhlb.gifhm6VaOs.gifEPjkltT.jpgaRz4io9.gif

Match #4: WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
Hulk Hogan defends vs. Paul Orndorff

It's time for the main event and what a mian event we have lined up as we see the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan take on a long-time rival in Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff.  Unlike many of their battles, Hogan is the one with a manager at ringside in Jimmy Hart.  The two men meet in the center of the ring with both men flexing.  Orndorff slaps Hogan and Hogan fires back with a clothesline.  He Irish whips Orndorff into a corner and follows in with a corner clothesline.  Orndorff staggers out and then exits the ring, taking a breather.  Hogan chases him outside the ring and Orndorff slides in first.  Hogan follows and Orndorff strikes him in the ribs with a knee and a few stomps to follow that up.  Mr. Wonderful plays to the crowd, drawing in boos from this audience.  Orndorff picks up Hogan and brings him over in a German suplex, scoring a two count on a bridge.  Orndorff stands up and spends the next few minutes focused on the ribs of Hogan.  He drives the point of his elbow against the ribs again and again.  Then he locks Hogan in a bear hug.  Jimmy Hart tries to get the fans involved as senior referee Nick Patrick checks on Hogan.  His hand slides up and falls once, twice but it stays up the third time.  The crowd chants 'Hogan' as Hogan begins firing punches on Orndorff.  He fires three and that breaks the hold.  He bounces off the ropes and both men hit clotheslines, knocking both men down.  Referee Nick Patrick begins a ten count on both men.  He gets up to seven before both men manage to make it to their feet.  Orndorff staggers in, blocking a punch and kicking Hogan in the gut.  He pulls Hogan in and lifts him up -- Piledriver!  Orndorff hits the Piledriver!  We could have a new WCW World Heavyweight Champion!  Bobby Heenan celebrates on commentary as Orndorff makes the cover: One...Two...Big Kickout!

Hulk Hogan lifts to his knees and shakes his head, looking at Paul Orndorff as the crowd cheers Hogan on.  Orndorff looks shocked that Hogan kicked out of the Piledriver!  Orndorff moves back in and throws a punch, a second one, a third one.  Hogan gets up to his feet, shaking his fists and then he points to Orndorff!  Orndorff looks surprised as Hogan wags his finger.  Orndorff moves back in and throws a punch -- blocked!  Hogan throws three straight punches before sending Orndorff to the ropes -- Big Boot!  Orndorff falls to the center of the ring and Hogan cups his ear before bouncing off the ropes -- Leg Drop!  Hogan makes the cover, hooking the leg: One...Two...Three!
Hulk Hogan p. Paul Orndorff =81

GhA5S96.gifk2VuzKO.gifDDExjK3.giflYnw3MQ.gifx3mlEVJ.gif

Dungeon Of Doom
Hulk Hogan successfully defends the WCW World Heavyweight title!  Jimmy Hart brings the belt into the ring and hands it off to Hogan.  Hogan raises it up to cheers from the crowd.  As Hogan celebrates, The Taskmaster leads Kamala, Meng, The Shark and Zodiac down to the ring.  On commentary, Eric Bischoff mentions that these are the four men who will be fighting in War Games against Hulk Hogan, Sting, Randy Savage and a man to be named.  The four men surround the ring and then climb up on the apron.  As they do, Randy Savage, Sting and Jim Duggan come running down to the ring.  Savage and Sting have chairs, while Duggan has his trusty 2X4!  Those three men join Hogan in the ring and the numbers game has evened up.  The Dungeon Of Doom members look to The Taskmaster, who calls them off.  They each drop off the apron and begin walking toward the back.

War Games
In the ring stand Hulk Hogan, Jimmy Hart, Randy Savage, Sting and Jim Duggan.  Jim Duggan asks for a microphone and receives one, looking across at the four men in the ring.  Duggan tells Hogan that he has always had Hogan's back and he always will whether that's in the ring or out of the ring.  Hogan thanks him for that.  Duggan says that's the American way.  You always look out for your brothers.  However, he says that Hogan has something that he has wanted since he stepped foot in WCW and that's the World Heavyweight title.  Duggan says that he is coming to Hulk Hogan man to man and asking for a shot at the WCW World Heavyweight title next week on Monday Nitro.  Hogan looks surprised at this and then huddles up with Sting and Randy Savage.  They talk in the huddle off-microphone for about a minute before Hogan breaks the huddle.  Hogan takes the microphone and tells Duggan that he deserves a shot at the title and he will give him one on one condition.  He says that the condition is that win or lose Jim Duggan becomes their fourth for War Games.  Duggan says that he thought that Hogan would never ask.  He accepts and the two friends shake hands before going face to face.  Duggan looks down at the title belt for a moment and the show ends with the announcement of a World title match next week.

Awesome! First show posted and I got 3 matches(Sting, pillman and hogan.) Right.

Kinda surprised you signed Shawn up so quickly, or that you took my post about him seriously. Don't get me wrong, Shawn's a great talent no matter what era your playing in but he was sort of a headache backstage for alot of people around this time. I'm honestly worried meng will kill his ass. I'm guessing from the promo your having Shawn lead the nwo or dx or kilq or whatever this time but how will you really get Nash, hall, waltman and hunter? Also if your gonna book nwo make sure it doesn't bloat up to 30+ members, keep it to 10-15 minimum.

Another surprise was seeing luger paired with Windham right off the bat instead of a solo debut(I'm guessing some Shawn Michaels politicking had a hand in it so luger wouldn't over shadow him) but it was nice that they got the tag gold. It also gives me an idea for the flair/Sting vs Anderson/pillman feud. can you say, FOUR HORSEMEN VS DANGEROUS ALLIANCE!? Luger and Windham ally with Sting and Flair to form a face horsemen Stable while Anderson reforms the dangerous alliance with Pillman, Mongo McMichael and Dean malenko. It would be awesome!

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 4:09 PM, sonny912 said:

Awesome! First show posted and I got 3 matches(Sting, pillman and hogan.) Right.

Kinda surprised you signed Shawn up so quickly, or that you took my post about him seriously. Don't get me wrong, Shawn's a great talent no matter what era your playing in but he was sort of a headache backstage for alot of people around this time. I'm honestly worried meng will kill his ass. I'm guessing from the promo your having Shawn lead the nwo or dx or kilq or whatever this time but how will you really get Nash, hall, waltman and hunter? Also if your gonna book nwo make sure it doesn't bloat up to 30+ members, keep it to 10-15 minimum.

Another surprise was seeing luger paired with Windham right off the bat instead of a solo debut(I'm guessing some Shawn Michaels politicking had a hand in it so luger wouldn't over shadow him) but it was nice that they got the tag gold. It also gives me an idea for the flair/Sting vs Anderson/pillman feud. can you say, FOUR HORSEMEN VS DANGEROUS ALLIANCE!? Luger and Windham ally with Sting and Flair to form a face horsemen Stable while Anderson reforms the dangerous alliance with Pillman, Mongo McMichael and Dean malenko. It would be awesome!

Hey sonny912,

I'm glad you enjoyed this first show.  Great selections for the winners.  :)  Honestly, I signed Shawn in the editor before I started the game.  The firing is my reason for him being able to be in WCW at the beginning.  It will definitely be interesting to see how he goes backstage here in WCW.  He does have guys like Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Meng, etc. to keep him honest.  

The Luger/Windham pairing was one I came up with, again, before I started the game.  I knew I wanted something different for Luger's debut than what he had.  I wanted to do enough changes that this would feel different enough from the real Nitro.  My only real problem is that Jushin Thunder Liger suffered a spinal injury in the match against Brian Pillman.  He'll be out for over a year.  Your Horsemen/Dangerous Alliance thing is, honestly, something I wish I had thought of before moving forward with my own plans.  I feel like Stephen King watching Frank Darabount's The Mist.

On 11/26/2023 at 5:20 PM, Theheel said:

Nice opening raking elements from the original show but making serious adjustments .  Will follow along to see what else you have in store.

Hey Theheel,

Glad you enjoyed the opening.  As I said above, I wanted to make it close enough to the original show to feel the nostalgia but also have my own take on things.  Glad to see you will continue following along.

Saturday Week 1 September 1995
WCW Saturday Night

An Apology
At the announce booth, Tony Schiavone and Dusty Rhodes welcome everyone to WCW Saturday Night.  Schiavone issues an apology for the interference of Shawn Michaels on the show.  He doesn't mention Michaels by name, though.  Dusty Rhodes says that those other guys don't need to come where the big boys play.  Schiavone sends us to the ring...64

Match #1
Disco Inferno vs. Johnny B. Badd

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Johnny B. Badd(58) defeated Disco Inferno(41) in 5:46 by pinfall with a Shooting Star Press.  Referee=Mickey Jay
Johnny B. Badd p. Disco Inferno =59

WCW World Tag Team Titles
A video plays showcasing the past between Lex Luger and Barry Windham and their WCW World Tag Team titles win from Monday Nitro...60

Hacksaw
At the interview area, Gene Okerlund interviews Jim Duggan.  Duggan hypes his upcoming WCW World Heavyweight title match against Hulk Hogan.  Duggan promises that fans will see a different side of Hacksaw.  Duggan promises to give his all to win the WCW World Heavyweight title for himself and for America, tough guy...70

Match #2
Eddy Guerrero vs. Alex Wright

In a decent match, Eddy Guerrero(67) defeated Alex Wright(35) in 15:53 by pinfall with a Frog Splash.  Referee=Randy Anderson
Eddy Guerrero p. Alex Wright =60

Macho Man
At the interview area, Gene Okerlund interviews Randy Savage.  Savage hypes the upcoming War Games match at Fall Brawl.  He challenges any member of the Dungeon Of Doom to face him this Monday on Monday Nitro...75

Match #3
WCW World Television Title Match
15 Minute Time Limit Match
The Renegade defends vs. Diamond Dallas Page

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Diamond Dallas Page(57) defeated The Renegade(28) in 10:50 by pinfall. Diamond Dallas Page wins the WCW World Television title.  Referee=Nick Patrick
Diamond Dallas Page p. The Renegade =53

Best WCW World Television Champion
Having picked up the victory, Diamond Dallas Page celebrates in the ring with Maxx Muscle standing in the background.  He gets on the microphone and promises to defend his title every single week on either Monday Nitro or Saturday Night.  He says that each week someone is going to feel the bang.  DDP celebrates as the show comes to an end...47

WCW Monday Nitro
Monday Week 2 September 1995
Preview

Zodiac vs. "The Macho Man" Randy Savage
Comments: 

"The Man Of A Thousand Holds" Dean Malenko vs. Mr. JL
Comments: 

"The Enforcer" Arn Anderson and "Flyin'" Brian Pillman vs. The Armstrong Boys
Comments: 

"Dirty" Dick Slater vs. "The Total Package" Lex Luger
Comments: 

"The Immortal" Hulk Hogan defends vs. "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
Comments: 

Comments About The Diary In General: 

Yeesh, sucks about what happend to liger. And sorry I Don't get your stephan king king analogy. I assume the mist is a horror movie sense you compared it to the guy who made pennywise. You can still have a horsemen/alliance feud it you want.

As for the next Nitro, machoman beats Zodiac, malenko makes Mr. JL(who really should unmask and become jerry lynn already) submit to the cloverleaf, Anderson and Pillman beat the armstrongs(who i assume are brad and Brian the road Dogg who you got the same way as Shawn with the editor cause the only armstrong I know is referee Scott),  luger gets dirty dick (lol) in the torture rack and the hogan/Duggan match is thrown out by dod interference.

• Like 1

WCW Monday Nitro
Monday Week 2 September 1995
Preview

Comments:  Could see some sort of Dungeon swerve but don’t see Randy losing to the Zodiak (lol)

Comments:  Great technical match with the cruiser weight talents here.  Malenko has 1 too many holds for JL

Comments:  Personally I hated Arn and Flair on opposite sides in WCW, but curious to see where you go with it.

Comments: 

Comments:  Give me 1984 Jim Duggan vs Hogan in Mid-South and you have potential for so explosions.  Here Hogan goes over because I just can’t see 95 Duggan as a serious World Champion

Comments About The Diary In General: Your off to a really good start.  I see my Horsemen group already but want to see where you go.  

• Like 1

Comments: 

Comments: 

Comments: 

Comments: 

Comments: This one ends as a no-contest due to interference by the Dungeon of Doom.

• Like 1

Comments:  

Comments: 

Comments: Push the Armstrong Boys to the moon you rapscallion.

Comments: 

Comments:  Not a chance Hulk loses.

• Like 1