WCW [1995]: The Goodbye Resolution

'The Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels vs. A WCW Legend
Comments/Guesses On Who The WCW Legend Is: Based on the way your diary's going? Ron Simmons

WCW World Heavyweight Title Number One Contender's Tournament, Semifinals
'The Nature Boy' Ric Flair vs. 'Iron' Mike Rotunda
Comments: 

Non-Title Match
The Giant vs. Chris Kanyon
Comments: 

Christian Cage and 'Living On The Edge' Sexton Hardcastle vs. Steiner Brothers
Comments: 

'Flyin' Brian Pillman vs. 'The Macho Man' Randy Savage
Comments: 

Comments About The Diary In General:

Just getting caught up on your reset. It's good you made your own title because mine definitely isn't any better than yours. I've slacked off quite a bit as well and think my dynasty has been pretty lackluster lately. I totally agree with you about comments and readers getting engaged. It's tough to stay motivated when you're replying to your own posts and it doesn't seem like there's interest from the board.

Holy crap do you have a diverse roster this time around. WCW is stuck between moving into the modern era and staying in the classic JCP era. I could see these two "divisions" eventually clashing with one another. Could be an interesting alternative. You've also got some odd pairings that leave a ton of possibilities. Piper and Michaels, Warrior, Valentine in the Horsemen, then teams like Harlem Heat and the Road Warriors potentially battling other teams like the Varsity Club and Rock n Roll express. You've definitely made this your own and are doing your own thing while still having things similar to how it went in real life.

• Like 1

Comments/Guesses On Who The WCW Legend Is: If we go back to the pre-WCW days of JCP, then my guess would be Tully Blanchard

Comments: 

Non-Title Match
Comments: 

Comments: 

Comments: Flair-Savage in the finals, folks...

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 11:26 PM, Henderson said:

Comments/Guesses On Who The WCW Legend Is: Based on the way your diary's going? Ron Simmons

Comments: 

Non-Title Match
Comments: 

Comments: 

Comments: 

Just getting caught up on your reset. It's good you made your own title because mine definitely isn't any better than yours. I've slacked off quite a bit as well and think my dynasty has been pretty lackluster lately. I totally agree with you about comments and readers getting engaged. It's tough to stay motivated when you're replying to your own posts and it doesn't seem like there's interest from the board.

Holy crap do you have a diverse roster this time around. WCW is stuck between moving into the modern era and staying in the classic JCP era. I could see these two "divisions" eventually clashing with one another. Could be an interesting alternative. You've also got some odd pairings that leave a ton of possibilities. Piper and Michaels, Warrior, Valentine in the Horsemen, then teams like Harlem Heat and the Road Warriors potentially battling other teams like the Varsity Club and Rock n Roll express. You've definitely made this your own and are doing your own thing while still having things similar to how it went in real life.

Hey Henderson,

It's always great to see you predicting and commenting.  The whole better thing was mostly because of how much detail you put into your diaries versus my more streamlined approach.  I wish I had the ability to put in the details you do on each show but I've been there and gotten burned out because of it.  So, I've found one that seems to work for me and, really, that's what's most important.  

And I definitely have a diverse roster and it's only getting bigger.  But there's a reason for that.  It will be made known soon enough.  ;)  And just FYI, Valentine is not in the Horsemen.  When the Horsemen were made, Flair told Valentine that he couldn't trust him because Valentine turned on him immediately.  We're still looking for that fourth Horsemen.  But I'm really glad you're enjoying the diary on a whole.  I wouldn't be able to do this without the support of people like you.  And you're right we are in a middle ground between JCP era wrestlers and modern WCW wrestlers.  Will that play in to the future?  Maybe.  Just make sure you stay tuned in to TNT and TBS.

• Like 2

Monday Week 3 October 1995
WCW Monday Nitro
Attendance: 6,937
Overall Rating: 84
TV Rating: 2.03

VqASadl.gif

Return Of A WCW Legend
WCW Monday Nitro kicks off in the Dahlberg Arena in Missoula, Montana!  It is in the University of Montana.  Before we dive into the incredible matches we have planned, we have the arrival of the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels!  The crowd boos as Michaels makes his way to the ring.  He poses once inside with his arms flexed.  He gets on the microphone and says he cannot believe they dragged The Showstopper all the way out here to this...scenic place.  He asks what the capital of Montana is and the answer is nobody cares.  He says that they have a population here smaller than the amount of people who appreciate the greatness of the Main Event.  Now, there's some people talking about the history of WCW.  What a joke that is.  Michaels says there's no one in the history of WCW that can come close to even lacing his boots.  He says that WCW is just a sad attempt to compete with that company up north.  As the crowd lays into Michaels with boos, an old familiar music begins to play.

OsRzyYa.gif

Out from the back comes a WCW legend in Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat!  Steamboat walks down to the ring and steps inside, looking across from The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels.  Steamboat tells Michaels that he can stop right there because there is someone right here who can do more than lace up Michaels' boots.  He asks Michaels if he wants a trip down memory lane.  Michaels laughs and says that Steamboat is a washed-up has-been that hasn't even been cleared to wrestle.  Steamboat smiles and says he's actually been cleared to wrestle tonight.  He challenges Michaels to face him in the ring right now.  Michaels says that Steamboat might have a few tricks up his sleeve but he's not The Showstopper.  Michaels accepts the challenge and we get referee James Beard down to the ring for this opening encounter.

VqASadl.gifEPjkltT.jpgOsRzyYa.gif

Match #1
Shawn Michaels vs. Ricky Steamboat

The bell rings with the crowd on their feet and anticipating an awesome match between these two legends of the ring.  The match begins with some back and forth technical wrestling between the two, leading into several arm drags and hip tosses by Ricky Steamboat.  Shawn Michaels, though, turns the tide with his agility and ring awareness.  The two trade high impact moves, including Michaels hitting the top rope elbow drop.  Michaels makes the cover: One...Two...Kickout!  The crowd gets fired up with the kickout by Steamboat!  We are told during the match that Roddy Piper is not in the building this week.  As the match continues, Steamboat gets his second wind, hitting Michaels with several chops, finally knocking Michaels to the mat.  Steamboat heads for the top turnbuckle and leaps, catching Michaels with the Flying Cross Body!  Steamboat hooks the near leg: One...Two...The far leg reaches the ropes to break up the three count.  The final few minutes of the match are back and forth between the two before Michaels catches Steamboat with a quick roll-up.  Michaels places his feet on the middle rope: One...Two...Three!  Shawn Michaels wins at 13:45!
Shawn Michaels p. Ricky Steamboat =74

VqASadl.gif

OsRzyYa.gifYWvrdzZ.gifAf8vxQW.gif

Blade Runners To The Rescue
The match is over but Shawn Michaels isn't finished.  Michaels stomps on the fallen body of Ricky Steamboat.  The Dragon tries to cover up but Michaels drops down and begins throwing punches to Steamboat!  The crowd boos but those boos turn to cheers when Sting and Warrior come rushing out from the back.  Sting slides in the ring first and Michaels goes for the Sweet Chin Music but Sting blocks it, grabbing the foot of Michaels.  He twists Michaels around and right into a clothesline from Warrior!  Seeing the odds changed against him, Michaels rolls out of the ring and exits, backing up the aisle.  Sting checks on Steamboat as Warrior stares down The Heartbreak Kid.  We will see these three in tag team action at Halloween Havoc!

VfjaWRE.gif

WdZYhlb.gifhm6VaOs.gif

Whatcha Gonna Do?
We go to the top of the ramp where Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by.  Okerlund says that if you thought tonight's action was explosive, you should tune in to the WCW Hotline!  Okerlund says that he has information on new signings for WCW and something that will change the future of professional wrestling.  But you have to dial the hotline to get the scoop.  Without further ado, it's time to bring out the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan and his manager The Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart!  Hogan and Hart come out to a mix of cheers and a few boos from the part of the audience who is getting tired of the red and yellow.  Okerlund welcomes Hogan and Hogan begins with his usual line of 'Well, let me tell you something, brother!'  He says that the WCW World Heavyweight title is where the power lies and that power lies right with the power of Hulkamania, brother.  He says he's not letting go of the gold any time soon, no matter who wins the tournament to determine his next challenger, dudes.  He says that, when you're the champion, the challenges come from all different directions and speaking of challenges.

I8j5U07.gifWs9jjB4.gif

Out from the back come Ric Flair and Brian Pillman.  Two members of the Horsemen walk right up to Hulk Hogan.  Flair and Hogan go face to face for a moment before Flair takes the microphone and says that Hogan might be champion now but he won't be for long.  Flair says that he is the man who defines championship material.  So, at World War 3, Hogan will be defending the title against The Nature Boy or The Loose Cannon.  Pillman speaks up, saying that no matter which Horsemen wins this tournament one of them is taking the gold.  Pillman says that, in the end, the Horsemen will reign supreme.  Flair and Pillman turn and walk up the aisle.  Hogan speaks to their backs, saying that if they think they can take the title from him they're in for a rude awakening, brother.  He says that Hulkamania doesn't back down from any challenge and asks them whatcha gonna do when the power of Hulkamania runs wild over you?!?!  Hogan flexes and then walks to the back.

I8j5U07.gifWs9jjB4.gifEPjkltT.jpgAwP9XT9.gif

Match #2
Ric Flair (w/Brian Pillman) vs. Mike Rotunda

Our first hour main event is here already as 'The Nature Boy' Ric Flair takes on 'Iron' Mike Rotunda.  One of these two men will move on to the tournament finals to face either Randy Savage or Brian Pillman, who will wrestle in tonight's main event.  The match begins with a display of technical prowess from both competitors.  They trade each other hold for hold in the beginning, with Rotunda showing why he is the head of the Varsity Club.  The wily Nature Boy, though, has Brian Pillman in his corner and that plays to his advantage as Pillman distracts Rotunda, leading to Flair knocking Rotunda into the steel steps at ringside knee first.  Flair brings the action back in the ring and begins his usual attack of the knee, including placing it over the bottom rope and hitting a seated senton on the leg.  Flair struts across the ring and releases a 'Whoo' that has the crowd booing in return.  Rotunda gets a couple of moves in but a chop block to the knee stops any momentum that Rotunda seems to get.  Flair finally manages to lock in the Figure Four.  Rotunda struggles in the hold and Pillman distracts the official.  With the official distracted, Flair grabs the ropes and uses it to add extra leverage to the hold.  Flair releases the ropes and Rotunda is forced to submit.  Ric Flair advances at 19:41!
Ric Flair d. Mike Rotunda =75

I8j5U07.gifWs9jjB4.gifdTcxzdl.gif

AwP9XT9.gifr8OKqO6.giftWsKG2p.gif

Varsity Club Save
Brian Pillman enters the ring as soon as the bell sounds and begins putting the boots to Mike Rotunda.  Ric Flair releases the Figure Four and here comes Arn Anderson!  The three members of the Four Horsemen assault the fallen Mike Rotunda.  Suddenly, the music for the Varsity Club hits and here come the Miracle Violence Connection!  Steve Williams and Terry Gordy hit the ring!  Brian Pillman charges and Gordy sends Pillman over the top rope with a back body drop!  Dr. Death hits a double clothesline on Flair and Anderson!  Williams and Gordy dump Flair and Anderson over the top rope to the floor to join Pillman.  Williams helps Rotunda to his feet and the Varsity Club stare down at the Horsemen to end the first hour.  

pSvkDjd.gifziu2kVT.gif

5EC4pBK.jpg5EC4pBK.jpg

Painful Argument
The second hour begins with the WCW World Tag Team Champions!  Barry Windham and Lex Luger are having an argument over what happened last week.  Luger says he should have been in the match against Mike Rotunda tonight.  Windham says what happened was an accident that happened in the heat of the moment.  Luger reminds Windham that Windham already betrayed him once before to join the Horsemen.  Windham calls that a low blow.  Luger reminds Windham that they hold the WCW World Tag Team titles and they need to be on the same page.  Before they can reconcile, they are each attacked from behind by the team of The Barbarian and The Warlord!  The Powers of Pain launch a brutal attack on the unsuspecting Tag Team Champions!  The Barbarian and The Warlord land devastating blows to both Windham and Luger, keeping them both down.  They stand over the champions for a moment before walking away.  The deep laughter of The Barbarian and The Warlord can be heard as they walk away.  Windham and Luger try to recover.  We go to the ring.

O5CrkjF.gifGhA5S96.gifEPjkltT.jpg7shzT2u.gif

Match #3
Non-Title Match
The Giant (w/The Taskmaster) vs. Chris Kanyon

Our next match is the very definition of a squash match as Chris Kanyon takes on The Giant.  The Giant dominates the match for slightly over two minutes.  He uses a bear hug that almost draws a submission from Kanyon.  The WCW United States Champion releases the hold and throws Kanyon across the ring like a rag doll.  The Taskmaster watches at ringside with a sinister grin.  Within the blink of an eye, The Giant grabs Kanyon by the throat and lifts him high in the air before bringing him down hard with the Choke Slam!  The Giant places a foot on Kanyon's chest and the referee counts: One...Two...Three!  The Giant wins at 2:03!
The Giant p. Chris Kanyon =56

n5CPD4X.gif

ekPWTfH.gif

5EC4pBK.jpg

Bought And Paid For
It's time to go backstage again.  This time, we're back in catering where Diamond Doll is selecting something to eat.  She gets approached yet again by Eddy Guerrero!  Guerrero smiles and tells her that diamonds are a girl's best friend but a charming man like him might give them a run for their money.  Doll blushes and tells Guerrero that he's always full of compliments.  Before Guerrero can continue the compliments, though, he is attacked from behind by Big Bubba Rogers!  Rogers slams Guerrero on the catering table and then brings him down to the hard floor with a body slam.  Rogers says that this isn't personal.  It's just business.  Rogers yanks Guerrero up by the hair and then brings him back down with a Big Bubba Slam!  Doll screams and Rogers warns the two of them to stay away from each other because he's being paid by Diamond Dallas Page.  Doll stands there, looking shocked as Rogers walks away.  Guerrero is left down on the ground and his pursuit of romance is stopped by some harsh realities.

yNSswAM.gifBJv4xOx.gifEPjkltT.jpg9PwXYi8.gifWAYzojp.gif

Match #4
Christian Cage and Sexton Hardcastle vs. Steiner Brothers

Our next match is the penultimate contest on tonight's Nitro as Christian Cage and Sexton Hardcastle step in the ring against Steiner Brothers.  Steiners gain a quick and early advantage on Cage and Hardcastle.  Both Cage and Hardcastle are thrown with overhead belly-to-belly suplexes.  They both head to ringside as Rick Steiner runs around the ring barking before dropping to all fours.  Scott Steiner stands over his brother in the typical Steiner pose.  Cage comes in and tries to speed things up on Rick Steiner.  He uses quick tags with Hardcastle to keep a fresh man in the ring as the crowd gets behind Steiner Brothers.  Rick gets a couple of swings of momentum but is unable to tag in the fresh Scott until the ten minute mark.  Scott rushes in when he gets the hot tag and tosses Cage with another overhead belly-to-belly suplex and then hits a double underhook backbreaker on Hardcastle!  Hardcastle is sent out of the ring and the Steiner Brothers turn their attention to Cage.  Rick gets a rear waistlock and Scott hits a Steinerline, sending Cage over with a release German Suplex by Rick Steiner!  Rick moves back to the corner and makes a motion.  He tags himself in as Scott lifts Cage on his shoulders in an electric chair position!  Rick climbs to the top turnbuckle and hits the Steiner Bulldog!  Rick makes the cover on Cage: One...Two....Three!  Steiner Brothers pick up the win at 16:29!
Steiner Brothers p. Christian Cage and Sexton Hardcastle =66

Coming Next Week
I8j5U07.gifdTcxzdl.gifWs9jjB4.gif

EPjkltT.jpg

Ws9jjB4.gifEPjkltT.jpg2i5yKQl.gif

Match #5
Brian Pillman vs. Randy Savage

It is main event time and this week it's a battle to see who will face Ric Flair at Halloween Havoc to determine the new number one contender to the WCW World Heavyweight title.  The anticipation in the arena is palpable!  This time, Flyin' Brian Pillman comes out by himself to take on the Macho Man Randy Savage.  The opening few minutes is a contrast of styles as Brian Pillman's high flying ability is in stark contrast to Savage's brawling ability.  Pillman manages to knock Savage outside the ring and then bounces off the ropes, hitting a perfectly timed suicide dive, leaving the crowd in awe.  Pillman brings the action back in the ring and shows off his technical chops as he focuses on Randy Savage's right arm.  Eric Bischoff reminds fans that if Savage's right arm is taken out he cannot hit the Flying Elbow Drop.  The pace in the ring quickens with Pillman in control.  He keeps the fans on the edge of their seat and around the sixteen minute mark he heads out to the apron.  He waits for Savage to get on his feet and then leaps onto the top rope -- Air Pillman!  Pillman connects with the Air Pillman finisher!  Savage rolls toward the ropes but Pillman grabs him and makes the cover: One...Two...Foot on the bottom rope!  Referee Charles Robinson sees the foot and stops the count.

Brian Pillman gets aggravated at this point in time, not able to quite pin Randy Savage with the Air Pillman.  Pillman stomps on Savage and then heads to the apron again.  He waits for Savage to get to his feet and then leaps for a second Air Pillman but Savage reverses it with a dropkick!  Savage takes control, favoring his hurting right arm.  The final moments of the match occur with both men digging in deep.  Pillman takes control for a moment and Savage counters him with a well-timed clothesline and then a thunderous DDT!  Savage heads to the top turnbuckle, barely able to raise his arms.  Savage leaps and connects with the Flying Elbow Drop!  Savage grabs his arm, wincing in pain but he crawls over and makes the cover: One...Two...Three!  Randy Savage picks up the win at 22:01!
Randy Savage p. Brian Pillman =85

2i5yKQl.gif

WdZYhlb.gif

Return Of A Woman
The Macho Man Randy Savage has picked up the win and will go on to face Ric Flair at Halloween Havoc!  The crowd erupts with cheers as Savage celebrates in the ring, barely able to raise that right arm.  The stage is set for a blockbuster match between him and Ric Flair at Halloween Havoc.  Savage takes a microphone with his left hand and says 'Ohhh yeah, that's how you do it!'  Savage says that there's no one that can stop the madness as it runs over the crowd here in Montana.  Savage is interrupted by the arrival of the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan!  Hogan walks out to the ring without Jimmy Hart and looks across at Savage for the second week in a row.  Hogan extends a hand to Savage and shakes hands with the Macho Man.  Hogan congratulates Savage on the win and says that he came up with a little good luck charm for the Macho Man.  Savage looks interested, asking exactly what that could be.  Hogan makes a motion toward the back and Pomp And Circumstances begins to play.

DfMFyGL.gif

Out from the back comes the elegant Miss Elizabeth!  Elizabeth walks toward the ring with all the grace in the world.  Elizabeth climbs onto the apron and Savage walks over, holding the ropes open for her.  She steps in the ring and Savage could not look happier.  He gets on the microphone and says 'Ohhhh yeah, my good luck charm!  The Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth back together again!'  Savage and Elizabeth embrace with a smile on both their lips.  Hogan smiles, too, nodding and exiting the ring, leaving the spotlight to both Savage and Elizabeth.  Savage shows some resilience as he picks up Elizabeth on his shoulder.  It's an iconic image that defined a generation.  Savage lowers Elizabeth and the two of them stand together as the show comes to an end.  Savage and Elizabeth celebrate their reunion and Eric Bischoff says we'll see you this Saturday on WCW Saturday Night!

• Like 2

Saturday Week 3 October 1995
WCW Saturday Night
Attendance: 1,500
Overall Rating: 71
TV Rating: .14

Monday Nitro Highlights
A video plays showing Monday Nitro highlights.  These include Randy Savage defeating Brian Pillman and reuniting with Miss Elizabeth, Ric Flair defeating Mike Rotunda and Shawn Michaels beating Ricky Steamboat...67

Match #1
Earl Robert Eaton vs. Jim Duggan

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Jim Duggan(55) defeated Earl Robert Eaton(49) in 10:30 by pinfall with a Running Clotheline Tackle.  Referee=Mickey Jay
Jim Duggan p. Earl Robert Eaton =57

Match #2
Psicosis vs. Scott Armstrong

Psicosis and Scott Armstrong come out for a rematch of their match last week.  As soon as the bell sounds, Steve Austin leaps the guardrail and enters the ring.  He hits both of them with Stunguns before exiting under the bottom rope.  He leaves through the crowd as officials and security enter the ring
Psicosis Draws Scott Armstrong =44

Match #3
WCW World Television Title Match
10 Minute Time Limit Match
Diamond Dallas Page (w/Diamond Doll and Maxx Muscle) vs. Jim Steele

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Diamond Dallas Page(58) defeated Jim Steele(31) in 8:43 by pinfall. During the match we also had Maxx Muscle run in and attack Steele. Diamond Dallas Page makes defence number six of the WCW World Television title.  Referee=James Beard
Diamond Dallas Page p. Jim Steele =52

Challenge For Nitro
Gene Okerlund is standing by with Eddy Guerrero at the interview area.  Okerlund asks Eddy about the attack by Big Bubba Rogers last Monday.  Eddy says he respects Bubba's legacy but they need to meet mano a mano.  Eddy challenges Bubba to meet him in the ring this Monday on Nitro.  He says that Eddy Guerrero is the real deal and he's going to make Bubba respect him...67

Match #4
Ric Flair vs. Tito Santana

In a superb match, Ric Flair(92) defeated Tito Santana(60) in 20:02 by submission with a Figure-Four Leg Lock.  Referee=David Manning
Ric Flair d. Tito Santana =80

Earth-Shattering Announcement
At the announce desk, Tony Schiavone and Dusty Rhodes thank everyone for watching the show.  Schiavone makes the announcement that, in November 1995, WCW Saturday Night will be moving to two hours.  Dusty Rhodes announces that the roster of WCW has grown so big that they will be having a split of the roster between Monday Nitro and Saturday Night.  The draft will take place a week from Sunday at Halloween Havoc.  Schiavone says that this will change the face of professional wrestling.  He says to make sure to tune in this Monday night on Nitro for more information.  With that, the show comes to an end...57

• Like 3

WCW Monday Nitro
Monday Week 4 October 1995
Preview

'The Iceman' Dean Malenko vs. Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat
Comments: 

The Horsemen vs. The Varsity Club
Comments: 

The Powers of Pain vs. The Armstrong Boys
Comments: 

Big Bubba Rogers vs. 'Latino Heat' Eddy Guerrero
Comments: 

Non-Title Match
Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine vs. 'The Immortal' Hulk Hogan
Comments: 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dawn said:

Hoping 2 hours of Saturday Night are maintainable workload wise for you, assuming it's still a B Show.

11 hours ago, StanMiguel said:

Two hours of Saturday Night is wild, but this save is looking dope. 

Hey Dawn and StanMiguel,

Thanks for the comments.  The move to two hours of Saturday Night is a risk workload-wise but I think I can handle it, especially with the roster brand split.  Glad you're both enjoying things, though.  And I plan on making Saturday Night into a second A show.  In fact, I will leave it up to the fans here to decide which is the A show at the end of each month.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 2:56 AM, angeldelayette said:

WCW Monday Nitro
Preview

Comments: 

Comments: 

Comments: 

Comments: 

Non-Title Match
Comments: 

Steamboat
Horsemen
PoP
Guerrero
Hogan

• Like 1

Comments: 

Comments: 

Comments: 

Comments: 

Non-Title Match
Comments: 

• Like 1

WCW Monday Nitro
Attendance: 8,147
Overall Rating: 85
TV Rating: 2.10

0ZOHZbW.gifuMaNNbY.gifM4ckM7Z.gif

Brand Split Coming This Sunday
We are in Biloxi, Mississippi for WCW Monday Nitro!  The Mississippi Coast Coliseum is the same building that WCW hosted Beach Blast in 1993.  The show begins with Eric Bischoff, Bobby Heenan and Steve McMichael standing in the ring.  Bischoff welcomes everyone to WCW Monday Nitro and he talks about the upcoming brand split that will begin this Sunday at Halloween Havoc.  He says that Monday Nitro and Saturday Night will have their own exclusive rosters.  These rosters will be determined by a draft at Halloween Havoc.  Both brands will receive ten selections.  The remaining wrestlers will be randomly assigned to a brand.  He adds in that the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan and the WCW World Tag Team Champions Lex Luger and Barry Windham are not eligible to be drafted as they will be on both brands.  During the draft, tag teams and stables will be considered one selection or you can take only one member from each.  He says that, at that draft, Bobby Heenan, Steve McMichael and himself will represent Monday Nitro and Tony Schiavone, Dusty Rhodes and Gene Okerlund will represent Saturday Night.  He says that, beginning in January, the pay-per-views will alternate between the two brands.  Only World War 3 and Starrcade will be joint pay-per-views.  Bobby Heenan says that The Brain is going to make some shrewd picks for Monday Nitro.  After all, they don't call him The Brain for nothing.  Heenan says that he will represent Nitro tonight at the start of the second hour in a coin flip to determine which show will get the first pick.  He adds in that Dusty Rhodes will represent Saturday Night for the humanoids.  Heenan says that they will make sure to pick the best wrestlers for their show.  McMichael agrees and says that Monday Nitro will have the best wrestlers and the biggest matches.  He says that they are going to take Saturday Night to school.  Bischoff wraps things up, stating that they need to head to the announce table for our first match tonight.  The three men exit the ring and head to the announce table as the crowd roars with excitement.

fQYYipG.gifEPjkltT.jpgOsRzyYa.gif

Match #1
Dean Malenko vs. Ricky Steamboat

The first match of the night features the Man of a Thousand Holds Dean Malenko against The Dragon Ricky Steamboat.  The match starts with a series of collar and elbow tie-ups with both wrestlers vying for control.  Malenko shows off his technical prowess in the early going with a variety of quick holds and submission attempts.  Steamboat counters with his lightning-fast agility, slipping free from Malenko and delivering crisp arm drags and arm bars with a dropkick or two thrown here and there.  Malenko grounds Steamboat and focuses in on the right arm of The Dragon.  Malenko uses precision holds to keep Steamboat on the mat, including locking in a cross armbreaker.  Steamboat manages to fight back, though.  The Dragon speeds up the pace and strikes Malenko with chops to the chest before taking him down with a body slam.  Steamboat heads to the top turnbuckle, waiting for Malenko to get up.  Steamboat leaps and hits the Diving Crossbody!  Steamboat hooks a leg: One...Two...Three!  Ricky Steamboat gets the win at 15:01!
Ricky Steamboat p. Dean Malenko =81

hhJJXZi.gifVqASadl.gif

Throwing Rocks
Once the ring is cleared, the crowd rises in boos as Roddy Piper and Shawn Michaels make their way down to the ring.  Michaels poses in center of the ring with Piper standing behind him.  The crowd boos loudly and seems to be a very hot crowd here in Mississippi.  Piper gets on the microphone first and talks about not being in the building last week.  He says that Sting and Warrior took advantage of him not being here but they are boys throwing rocks at men with machine guns and that is one of their biggest mistakes.  Piper says that this is not how we do things in his world.  He says that he has proven time and time again that he is one of the top professional wrestlers in the world and he will prove it again this Sunday at Halloween Havoc.  He hands off the microphone to Shawn Michaels and HBK takes a step forward.  He begins by talking about the fact that he would have liked to have missed things this week.  He says that they are in Biloxi, Mississippi, also known as the armpit of America.  He says he's seen better sights in a dumpster fire behind a baby factory.  Michaels says that these rednecks in the crowd wish they could be HBK and the ladies wish they could have a man like the Heartbreak Kid.  More boos come out from the crowd before those boos turn to cheers.

YWvrdzZ.gifAf8vxQW.gif

The cheers come from the arrival of Sting and Warrior!  The crowd gets pumped up as the former tag team make their way out from the back and enter the ring across from Shawn Michaels and Roddy Piper.  Sting looks directly at Piper, asking him if he really wants to talk about a rock war?  He says that he and Warrior are not here to play kids games.  He says they're here to fight.  He says that if Piper and Michaels think they can run their mouths here on Nitro, they've got another thought coming.  Warrior is given the microphone and he begins with his usual 'Speak to me, Warriors!'  Warrior growls and snarls and says that he has come here to Biloxi from Parts Unknown to show Shawn Michaels and Roddy Piper that they've never fought men like him and like Sting.  He says that they are the true warriors of the sport and they can prove it right now.  After Michaels throws in an insult, the four men begin brawling.  Punches are flying and bodies are colliding in the center of the ring!  In the chaos, Sting and Warrior get control.  Michaels and Piper are knocked backward and they get out of the ring, backing up the ramp.  Sting and Warrior beat their chests as they stand tall in the ring.  The crowd erupts into cheers before Sting and Warrior leave the ring.  They high five the fans on their way to the back.

I8j5U07.gifdTcxzdl.gifWs9jjB4.gif

EPjkltT.jpg

Match #2

It's already time for our first hour main event as the three members of The Horsemen, Ric Flair, Arn Anderson and Brian Pillman take on the three members of the Varsity Club, Mike Rotunda, Steve Williams and Terry Gordy.  The match begins with Mike Rotunda and Ric Flair in the ring.  Flair manages to back Rotunda in a corner and hits him with several knife edge chops to the chest.  Rotunda fires back with some forearm smashes and then goes technical on Flair, dropping him to the mat with a quick double leg takedown.  Rotunda uses several expertly placed mat wrestling moves to keep Flair down before Flair quickly backs into his corner and tags in The Enforcer.  As Arn Anderson comes in, Eric Bischoff lets the fans know that Anderson and Pillman will take on Steve Williams and Terry Gordy this Sunday at Halloween Havoc.  Anderson and Rotund exchange stiff hits in the center of the ring before Anderson goes to the eyes.  Rotunda manages to tag in Terry Gordy but Gordy gets caught in no-man's land.  Gordy gets stuck in the corner of The Horsemen and they use quick and frequent tags to keep Gordy down.  As the match continues, Gordy manages to make the hot tag to Steve Williams.  Dr. Death comes in on the hot tag and chaos ensues as all six men get involved.  Williams and Rotunda hit Flair with the double flapjack and then Williams sends Flair into a corner.  Flair flips up and over the corner, landing on the apron.  He runs across the apron and climbs to the top turnbuckle where he's met by Terry Gordy.  Gordy slams Flair off the turnbuckle!  Williams tags Rotunda in and the fight continues with Anderson and Pillman fighting Williams and Gordy on the outside of the ring.  In the ring, Ric Flair and Mike Rotunda are the two legal men.  Flair pokes the eye of Rotunda and then reaches into his trunks, pulling out a pair of brass knuckles.  Rotunda comes over and Flair nails Rotunda with the brass knuckles punch!  The knuckles are slid back into Flair's trunks and he rolls Rotunda up, making the cover: One...Two...Ric Fair's feet are on the ropes...Three!  The Horsemen win at 19:56!
The Horsemen p. The Varsity Club =82

Vyinzyh.gif

Hacksaw
From there, we go to a pre-taped promo with the man challenging for the United States title this Sunday, 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan!  The rugged figure of Duggan stands before a Stars & Stripes background.  Duggan begins with 'hey there, folks, it's a message from your good friend Hacksaw Jim Duggan!'  He says he's going to speak from the heart here.  He says that everybody knows he's a simple man and a man of integrity.  He says that when he steps in the ring he gives it everything he has.  He says he's going to have to do that and more when he steps in the ring with The Giant this Sunday.  He says that, at Halloween Havoc, he is going to give it everything he's got against The Giant to win the WCW United States title.  He tells The Giant that he better be ready because Hacksaw is coming for him and when he's done, all The Giant is going to see will be Stars & Stripes.  He releases a "Hooo!" before slamming his 2X4 into the camera to go to black.

uMaNNbY.gifjVvepIs.gif

Coin Flip
The second hour begins with the arrival of Bobby "The Brain" Heenan from the announce table.  The theme to WCW Monday Nitro plays Heenan out to the ring.  Heenan enters the ring and leans against one corner as the theme to WCW Saturday Night begins to play.  Here comes "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes.  Rhodes climbs into the ring, looking across at The Brain.  Heenan grabs a microphone and begins to extol the virtues of working on WCW Monday Nitro.  He says that they have the best show with the best matches and the best wrestlers each and every week.  Rhodes gets on the microphone and talks about tradition.  He says that's what WCW Saturday Night stands for.  He says it's the heart and soul of WCW.  An official brings a coin into the ring and Bobby Heenan snatches it immediately.  Heenan holds it up and the camera shows the WCW Monday Nitro logo on one side and the WCW Saturday Night logo on the other side.  Heenan says that this is where he proves that WCW Monday Nitro is the best program on television!  It begins with getting the first pick in the draft.  Rhodes speaks up, reminding everyone of the stakes at hand.  The winner of the coin toss will pick first in the draft this Sunday at Halloween Havoc.  Heenan flips the coin in the air.  It spins a few times and then lands.  The winner is...

WCW SATURDAY NIGHT!

Dusty Rhodes smiles in his corner as WCW Saturday Night will get the very first selection in the brand split draft.  Bobby Heenan frowns for a moment and then gives a sarcastic congratulations to Rhodes.  He says that WCW Saturday Night is going to need the first selection because they don't have anyone smart enough making the selections for them.  He says that everybody knows that Monday Nitro is where it's at.  Rhodes and Heenan go face to face for a moment before Heenan backs down and exits the ring, heading for the announce booth.  Rhodes gets on the microphone and says he's going to bring the best show to WCW Saturday Night so make sure that everybody is watching.  He says they're going to get funky like a monkey and somebody's going to go to the pay winda!  Rhodes drops the microphone and leaves for the back.

cr5RBM7.gifXhdNkMw.gifEPjkltT.jpgchVfvmz.gif3UvVL3p.gif

Match #3

Up next is a tag team match pitting The Powers of Pain (The Barbarian and The Warlord) against The Armstrong Boys (Scott and Steve Armstrong).  The match is a showcase for the menacing Powers of Pain.  They waste no time in asserting their dominance in this contest.  They use raw power against both members of the Armstrongs.  It's definitely shown when The Barbarian lifts both Scott and Steve Armstrong in a stalling double vertical suplex!  Scott Armstrong is thrown off the apron and into the guardrail, leading to The Barbarian and The Warlord isolating Steve Armstrong.  The Warlord finally locks Steve in the Full Nelson.  Warlord's massive arms squeeze the life out of Steve Armstrong.  The pain becomes too much and Steve is forced to submit.  The Powers of Pain win the match at 1:49!
The Powers of Pain d. The Armstrong Boys =41

WoWTqZ4.gif

The Hammer
With that, we go to another pre-taped promo.  This one is by Greg The Hammer Valentine.  The announcers remind us that Valentine will go one on one with Hulk Hogan in a non-title match tonight.  Valentine says he has a message for everyone tonight.  He says that message is the fact that he has the opportunity of a lifetime.  He says that he is not here to talk about what happened with The Horsemen.  He says they will consider it their loss when he steps into the ring with Hulk Hogan and beats the WCW World Heavyweight Champion.  In fact, he's not just going to beat him.  He says he's going to make the Hulkster submit.  He says that, tonight, he is going to prove that he is the better man over Hulk Hogan and should have been in Hogan's place all along.  He tells Hogan to lace his boots up real tight tonight because when all is said and done he is going to prove that The Hammer is the real king of the ring.  Valentine poses and we go to the ring.

W1WuzeT.gif

ekPWTfH.gif

5EC4pBK.jpg

Suffering From An Injury
Big Bubba Rogers makes his way to the ring to boos from this crowd.  The announcers talk about him attacking Eddy Guerrero last week on the orders of Diamond Dallas Page.  Rogers stands in the corner, waiting for the arrival of Guerrero.  Instead, the big screen lights up to show Eddy Guerrero standing there leaning on crutches to stand up.  Guerrero says that, due to the attack last week, he suffered a simple zygomatic fracture and will be out of action for up to a month.  Guerrero says that this makes him angry but he is not medically cleared to wrestle.  So he went backstage and talked with several of his friends.  He says that everyone wanted to step up in his place.  But he chose someone who he knows can get the job done against Bubba.  The screen turns off and out from the back comes Tito Santana!  Santana walks out to the ring, high fiving the fans.  When he enters the ring, he looks focused on the man across from him.  Referee David Manning calls for the bell.

W1WuzeT.gifEPjkltT.jpgCh61OSr.gif

Match #4
Big Bubba Rogers vs. Tito Santana

Our fourth match of the night features Big Bubba Rogers taking on Tito Santana, a replacement for Eddy Guerrero.  Rogers immediately attacks Santana as the bell sounds, knocking him backward into the corner.  He hits him with several knees to the chest and then chokes him on the top rope for a four count before breaking.  Santana, though, fights back, showing his heart and fire.  The two wrestlers meet in the middle of the ring and exchange punches!  Santana uses his speed to push the momentum further against Rogers.  Santana climbs to the top turnbuckle and leaps, hitting Rogers with a flying back elbow.  He makes the cover but only gets a two count.  As the match moves forward, Rogers regains the momentum.  He sends Santana to the ropes and catches him with the powerful Bubba Slam!  Rogers makes the cover: One...Two...Three!  Big Bubba Rogers wins at 10:40!
Big Bubba Rogers p. Tito Santana =72

I8j5U07.gif

Face To Face
Once the ring is cleared, we hear the music of 'Also Sprach Zarathustra!'  That can only mean one man and that is the arrival of "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair.  Flair walks to the ring and steps inside, giving a strut across the ring and releasing a 'Whoo!'  Flair gets on the microphone and reminds everyone that he is a living legend and the standard by which all wrestlers are measured.  He says that he has the backing of the most elite group of professional wrestlers in the business, The Four Horsemen.  Then, he turns his attention to this Sunday where he steps in the ring again with Randy Savage.  Flair reminds Savage that they've done this dance again and again but this time it's different.  This time, when he proves that he is the man once again, he will be moving forward to take on Hulk Hogan for the WCW World Heavyweight title at World War 3.  Flair reminds Savage that diamonds are forever and so is Ric Flair.  Before Flair can continue, he is interrupted by some Pomp And Circumstances.

2i5yKQl.gif

"The Macho Man" Randy Savage walks out from the back alone.  Miss Elizabeth must still be in the back as Savage climbs onto the apron and then leaps into the ring.  Savage walks around Ric Flair and then grabs a microphone.  Savage begins by saying to 'freak out, freak out, freak out!'  He says that the Macho Madness is running wild in Biloxi, Mississippi.  He says he can feel it from every single one of you and that the Madness is filling his veins.  He turns his attention to Flair and says that Flair may think he's the man but he's nothing compared to the Madness.  Dig it?  Flair says he's more than just the man.  He's a limousine riding, jet flying, kiss stealing, wheeling, dealing son of a gun!  He reminds the fans here in Mississippi that he's like Space Mountain.  He may be the oldest ride in the park but he still has the longest lines and you can get in line as long as you're eighteen years of age or older.  Whoo!  Savage and Flair go face to face and Flair kicks his leg out, hitting Savage with a low blow.  The crowd boos as Flair shoves Savage to the mat.  Flair smiles and looks down at Savage, telling him that this Sunday Miss Elizabeth will find out what a real man is like.  He invites Elizabeth to party with him Sunday night when he wins the match before exiting the ring.  Officials come in and help Savage to the back.  This Sunday night will be spectacular!  But now it's time for our main event!

WoWTqZ4.gifEPjkltT.jpgWdZYhlb.gifhm6VaOs.gif

Match #5
Non-Title Match
Greg Valentine vs. Hulk Hogan (w/Jimmy Hart)

Two veterans are stepping in the ring this week in a non-title match as Greg The Hammer Valentine takes on The immortal Hulk Hogan.  These two veterans begin the match slowly with neither man gaining a real advantage.  The tide turns for Hogan in the first few minutes as he uses straight punches on Valentine, knocking him backward.  Valentine moves into a corner and uses the referee as a shield to keep Hogan from attacking him.  The referee gets free and Valentine pokes the eye of Hogan before turning his attention to the right leg of Hogan.  With Jimmy Hart all upset at ringside, Valentine focuses on the right knee of Hogan, including banging it hard against the ring post.  Valentine is all business in this match, stomping on the knee well and then dropping down so he can throw punches against the knee.  The Hammer picks up Hogan and brings him down with a belly-to-back suplex.  He makes a cover: One...Two...Shoulder Up!  Hart wipes his brow at ringside.  In the ring, Valentine continues his attack on Hogan.  Valentine bounces off the ropes and hits a pointed elbow drop to the skull of Hogan!  Valentine starts peppering Hogan with elbow smashes to the skull.  Valentine drags Hogan to the center of the ring and locks on the Figure Four!  The Figure Four is locked on tight with Hogan crying out in pain!  Hogan shakes his head when asked if he wants to give up.  Hogan's shoulders fall to the mat and referee Nick Patrick makes the count: One...Two...Shoulders Up!  Hogan gets the fire and resilience from this crowd here in Mississippi!  He manages to reverse the pressure and get the hold broken.

Both Hulk Hogan and Greg Valentine are down on the mat following the Figure Four.  A visibly tired Valentine gets to his feet first and then grabs Hogan and throws a punch but Hogan shakes his head!  Valentine throws another punch and Hogan shrugs it off.  Hogan gets to his knees and then to his feet!  Valentine throws an elbow and that gets ignored as Hogan points at The Hammer!  Hogan wags his finger at Valentine!  Valentine moves in for another elbow smash but it's blocked!  Hogan throws a punch!  It connects!  A second punch connects!  A third punch connects!  Hogan grabs the arm of Valentine and whips him toward the ropes.  Valentine comes back into a big boot!  Hogan grabs his leg afterward in pain.  He draws in a few deep breaths, listening to the Hulkamaniacs in the crowd.  Hogan bounces off the ropes -- Leg Drop!  Hogan grabs his leg again but manages to make the cover: One...Two...Three!  Hulk Hogan wins the match at 16:18!
Hulk Hogan p. Greg Valentine =78

WdZYhlb.gif

I8j5U07.gif

2i5yKQl.gifDfMFyGL.gif

Blindsided
Hulk Hogan is standing tall in this match!  What a match for the WCW World Heavyweight Champion!  Hogan manages to get to his feet, favoring that right leg.  He gets his arm raised by referee Nick Patrick.  Hogan begins posing in the ring, cupping his ear to the crowd and getting huge cheers.  Hogan's poses are broken up by the arrival of Ric Flair into the ring.  Hogan doesn't see Flair and Flair hits Hogan with a chopblock to the right knee!  Hogan goes down hard.  Flair stomps on the knee.  He grabs the leg and jerks it hard before dropping an elbow on the knee.  Flair gets to his feet and begins to strut in the ring.  Jimmy Hart is nowhere to be found at this point.  He must have run to the back to get help.  The strutting is cut short by the arrival of Randy Savage!  The Macho Man rushes into the ring and trips Flair down with a double leg takedown!  The two men exchange punches on the mat with Flair finally rolling out of the ring to safety.  Savage pulls Hogan to his feet and then turns his focus back on Flair.  Savage and Hogan go back to back.  But when their backs touch, both men spin around with fists raised.  The two on again, off again friends go face to face.  The tension between the two can be felt by the crowd as this might be the match at World War 3.  Miss Elizabeth rushes down to the ring.  She steps inside and steps between Savage and Hogan.  She keeps the two separated but stands by the side of Savage.  The show comes to an end with Savage and Hogan staring each other down, Ric Flair watching from outside the ring and Miss Elizabeth standing beside Savage.  Make sure you tune in to WCW Saturday Night this Saturday and Halloween Havoc this Sunday!  The brand split is coming!

• Like 3

Saturday Week 4 October 1995
WCW Saturday Night
Saturday Week 4 October 1995 (Taped Wednesday)
Attendance: 1,300
Overall Rating: 78
TV Rating: .16

Monday Nitro Highlights
A video plays showing Monday Nitro highlights.  These include Hulk Hogan defeating Greg Valentine in the main event before Hogan and Randy Savage go face to face, Big Bubba Rogers beats Tito Santana and Saturday Night wins the coin toss...62

Match #1
The Dungeon of Doom (Kamala and The Shark) vs. Miracle Violence Connection

In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Miracle Violence Connection(Gordy-63, Williams-60) defeated Kamala(52) and The Shark(52) in 9:36 when Steve Williams pinned Kamala with an Oklahoma Stampede.  Referee=James Beard
Miracle Violence Connection p. The Dungeon of Doom =64

Sitting In The Front Row
Steve Austin is shown sitting in the front row.  Security comes over but Austin flashes them a ticket and settles in for the show...63

One Team Left Standing
At the interview area, Gene Okerlund interviews Arn Anderson and Brian Pillman.  Arn Anderson hypes their match tomorrow against Miracle Violence Connection.  Arn Anderson says Halloween Havoc will be the night where legends are made.  Pillman speaks up about The Enforcer and the Loose Cannon teaming together.  Pillman says he's willing to bleed to win this match.  Arn Anderson says they will make Steve Williams and Terry Gordy bleed.  He says that when the dust settles there will be only one team left standing and that's us.  Okerlund sends us to the ring for our next bout...68

Match #2
WCW World Television Title Match
10 Minute Time Limit
Diamond Dallas Page (w/Diamond Doll and Maxx Muscle) defends vs. Tito Santana

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Diamond Dallas Page(58) defeated Tito Santana(60) in 8:49 by pinfall. During the match we also had Maxx Muscle run in and attack Santana. Diamond Dallas Page makes defence number seven of the WCW World Television title.  Referee=David Manning
Diamond Dallas Page p. Tito Santana =66

You're Fired
We are taken backstage where Hulk Hogan is arguing with Jimmy Hart.  Hogan tells Jimmy Hart that he shouldn't have walked out on him last Monday.  Jimmy Hart says he was going for help.  Hogan tells Jimmy Hart that he cannot trust him anymore and so he won't be needing his services anymore.  Jimmy Hart sighs and starts to say something before he stops and just walks out...85

Match #3
The Taskmaster vs. Ricky Steamboat

In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Ricky Steamboat(77) defeated The Taskmaster(61) in 15:17 by pinfall with a Diving Crossbody following interference from Steve Austin.  Referee=Nick Patrick
Ricky Steamboat p. The Taskmaster =81

Michigan Is Coming
Steiner Brothers cut a video promo on Road Warriors.  Rick Steiner reminds everyone that he's been around the block a time or two.  He claims that his team with his brother is the best brother tag team in history.  Scott Steiner corrects him by saying that they're the best tag team in history period.  R. Steiner says that the Road Warriors may come a close second but they're going to prove who's the best tomorrow at Halloween Havoc.  Rick Steiner barks in the background as S. Steiner concludes the promo by reminding everyone that they are from the University of Michigan and that means they're the best.  He warns Hawk and Animal that they're biting off more than they can chew.  Steiner Brothers pose as the show comes to an end...63

• Like 1

WCW Halloween Havoc
Sunday Week 4 October 1995
Preview

'Rowdy' Roddy Piper and 'The Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels vs. Sting and Warrior
Comments: 

The Funks vs. American Males
Comments: 

WCW United States Title Match
The Giant defends vs. 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan
Comments: 

'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson and 'Flyin' Brian Pillman vs. Miracle Violence Connection
Comments: 

Road Warriors vs. Steiner Brothers
Comments: 

WCW World Tag Team Titles Match
'The Total Package' Lex Luger and Barry Windham defend vs. The Powers of Pain
Comments: 

#1 Contenders Match
'The Nature Boy' Ric Flair vs. 'The Macho Man' Randy Savage
Comments: 

Who Will Be The First Pick In The Draft For Each Brand: 

Comments On The Upcoming Draft: 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 12:41 AM, sonny912 said:

A brand split in the beginning of the monday night wars? Guess it makes sense with guys like Hogan, flair and Michaels wanting to politic their way to the top, but it will mean Nitro could have less big names to compete with Raw.

Hey sonny912,

I can see where you're coming from as far as having a draft this early.  My reasoning behind it is that my roster was and is growing larger with each passing day.  I couldn't stop myself from signing some wrestlers and some that haven't even debuted yet and may get their debut or return in the draft. *wink wink*  I wanted to keep this diary going and in order to do so I felt like I needed to do the brand split.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, angeldelayette said:

Hey sonny912,

I can see where you're coming from as far as having a draft this early.  My reasoning behind it is that my roster was and is growing larger with each passing day.  I couldn't stop myself from signing some wrestlers and some that haven't even debuted yet and may get their debut or return in the draft. *wink wink*  I wanted to keep this diary going and in order to do so I felt like I needed to do the brand split.

Alright, so do you have a plan on paper on who's going where or is it all in your head?

• Like 1