Chronicles - 1992 (Historical Real World Mod)

2 hours ago, Gobbledok said:

I don't know what the problem is, but I do not seem to be able to unzip any of the picture files. The data file was fine, but the picture files will not unzip, and I have used ExpressZip (by NCH Software), Winzip, and Total Zip, all of which are supposed to be software that can unzip .rar or .7z files.

WinRAR has a free trial that lasts until the end of time and there's never been an issue for me.

• Like 3

After a glance at the most current data and looking outside my usual TEW stomping grounds towards the area I'm actually from in real life, I can't help but share some notes...

Otto Wanz is (or was, R.I.P. Big Otto) not German, he's Austrian.

And I think you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrating CWA in general. To my knowledge, apart from a handful of shows in the 70s in (weirdly) South Africa, CWA never ever had a single show outside of Germany and Austria (and even then only in very few selected areas/cities) and while I don't actually know for sure I very much doubt they had any meaningful coverage or popularity outside these two countries.

Admittedly, 1992 and CWA's highest points were before my time as a wrestling fan (starting around 95), but having them medium sized with significant popularity in Iberia, Southern Europe and Southern Mediterranean seems off to me no matter the time period. Their popularity even in their home area of Central Europe being higher than the WWF's in 1992 is almost certainly wrong. Trust me, no regular human being in Germany knew what the hell a CWA was - while WWF and Hulk Hogan very much might have rung a bell. Even before I was a wrestling fan, just as a kid in Germany, I knew what the WWF was (and not the Wildlife Fund), but I never heard, read or saw a single shred of anything regarding the CWA until way, way later (for the first time from Peter William doing German language commentary for WCW on DSF.

CWA had amazing talent for some tours (or festivals, since they didn't really tour a lot, but had a bunch of shows in the same place in a short period of time, most notably in Bremen and Hannover) and they had pretty large crowds for single events (again, in Bremen and probably Hannover, too), but they I don't think they ever came remotely close to being what would be considered a medium sized company in TEW terms and them being the #4 wrestling company in the world (ahead of AJPW) in 92 or at any point feels very wrong.

In terms of  TEW nuts and bolts I think CWA should probably have little-to-no popularity outside of Central Europe (making them a small company), but still quite a bit in Central Europe to account for their big crowds at points. Unfortunately the fact that they only really drew crowds in very few cities can't be replicated within TEW's current region/area system. And WWF should probably be a bit higher in terms of Central European popularity (I can't speak for other regions in Europe).

I didn't actually want to write this much and I really, really don't want to disparage the amazing work you guys have been doing on this mod in any way, but I felt like I should weigh in with a German perspective. Thank you very, very much for the fantastic effort in this mod (and your other's as well, obviously).

• Like 1

You are correct. I had no idea CWA were that big in the mod (I've not looked at Europe in a long while but thought I had made them a small company already). This will be changed next update. Same with Otto Wanz. I could have sworn I had already changed him in an earlier update to Austrian - clearly not. Thanks for your feedback. I may take a look at Europe as a whole to be honest for next time.

EDIT: I have now set them to 0 Rest of the World, 35 Central Europe and 10 the rest of Europe.

• Like 2

Just want to say I'm a few months in on my GWF save and it's bloody great.

I set all my games to extreme for injuries, narratives and relationships for context.

So far I've had Scotty Flamengo OD before he was able to debut for me and is now at home for 6 months recovering (I think there is actually a bug in the game here as I got a backstage penalty for BOTH Scotty and his alter ego Raven ODing).

I then had Steve Simpson get caught in possession the day of a show and couldn't compete.

I had Sam Houston get caught in possession and it took a hit on my prestige.

In my first Supershow, I have the Patriot in to beat Dark Patriot for the title, he broke his neck in the match and is out for a year, they called an audible and Dark Patriot won.

I had Terry Funk appear to feud with Eddie Gilbert, his class clown personality is both making friends and allowing people ha. He is aligned with Shane Douglas and Buddy Landel and was about to make Gilbert run a gauntlet against them, Buddy buggered his back up and is out for a year now too.

Bill Irwin continues to be an absolute arsehole backstage but there is no logical way yet to get the tag belts of him and Black Bart until I can build up the Ebony Express. Irwin is very popular and I need to make use of that still, not just job him out.

My backstage shifts between high 60s and low 70s, meaning some shows I take a hit and some I don't. Depending on any backstage shenanigans that may go on.

This has honestly been one of my favourite TEW saves in years. Great work by the team, thanks a lot.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

Am I crazy, or is Howard Finkel not in the mod ? I might have deleted him by accident as I was tinkering with the editor, but I could have sworn I didn't delete anyone today so I figured I'd ask just in case !

I never use traditional ring announcers (it'd be cool if the game allowed you to assign them to matches like referees and road agents), so I never thought to check. He's definitely not in my version of the data, which I haven't tampered with apart from setting Bret Hart's skill potential to "excellent".

18 hours ago, alvarasus said:

Just downloaded newest version TV Setouchi has minimum popularity in 4 regions, but only has coverage in 2.

Niigata Television Network 21 has minimum popularity in 2 regions, but only has coverage in 1.

These are being fixed in the next version

16 minutes ago, raspymorten said:

Ian and Axl Rotten aren't actually real brothers. But Axl trained him and they stuck with each other for long enough that I think you can reasonably make it a mentor and protege thing

No idea why as I took them out years ago as Blood Relation - or at least I had thought I had (but looking at the data they are in there as related still). I'm starting to think my memory issues are worse than previously thought. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Fleisch said:

No idea why as I took them out years ago as Blood Relation - or at least I had thought I had (but looking at the data they are in there as related still). I'm starting to think my memory issues are worse than previously thought. Thanks for the feedback.

Bro same. I keep asking my doctor to let me get my memory tested and insurance refuses to pay for it because of my age 😂

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, raspymorten said:

Ian and Axl Rotten aren't actually real brothers. But Axl trained him and they stuck with each other for long enough that I think you can reasonably make it a mentor and protege thing

In my personal version (which will be the basis for 3.2 later in the year) I have them changed to Strong Friendship.

• Like 1

This ain't a bug thing, but I'm just wondering... Anybody got any Eddie Rochr material to watch? Cause he's got crazy good in-ring stats for ssomeone I've never heard of and have a hard time finding stuff from. Dude's always on the hidden gems in like, every America save. lol

10 hours ago, raspymorten said:

This ain't a bug thing, but I'm just wondering... Anybody got any Eddie Rochr material to watch? Cause he's got crazy good in-ring stats for ssomeone I've never heard of and have a hard time finding stuff from. Dude's always on the hidden gems in like, every America save. lol

To be fair I don't remember adding him (shocker I know) but I think he has been given Art Barr type stats because both used the name  Beetlejuice so may have been some confusion(?) I've never found any info on him really (think he died in early 2000's) but thats about it.

On 4/15/2024 at 11:15 PM, raspymorten said:

I was wondering the same actually, since this guy gets constantly recommended by creative and i never heard of him.

So i started to dig, because i was really, really curious about this. I looked through my own wrestling magazine/newsletter archive (90 gigs covering everything from 1951 to 2015, from local newsletters to PWI, so chances are very high that there would be a mention of the name at least). I looked on the RSPW archive, wrestlingclassics, general online searches and even downloaded a 400 page book named "Obituaries in the Performing Arts 2004" (he supposedly died in January 2004 in a car crash according to Cagematch), which does cover wrestler deaths and additionally looked for a car crash on January 25, 2004 and since the only other information is Iowa, i looked there. Not a single mention at all  (but obviously he could've lived in any other place at the time of course) and i even looked for variations of the name, since "Rochr" sounds extremely weird to me, so i also looked for Roche and Rocher, which are way more common, but there was nothing to be found at all. 

By now i'm actually convinced, that this person never existed. If the data on Cagematch (and that's the only site that lists him and they barely have any information) is correct, it is extremely strange that a wrestler, trainer and promoter, who was supposedly active for 25 years and died in a car crash, has not a single piece of information online. No pictures, no match listing, no info on the promotion he supposedly ran, no match videos and not even any info on the supposed car crash.

32 minutes ago, ShadowAngel85 said:

I was wondering the same actually, since this guy gets constantly recommended by creative and i never heard of him.

So i started to dig, because i was really, really curious about this. I looked through my own wrestling magazine/newsletter archive (90 gigs covering everything from 1951 to 2015, from local newsletters to PWI, so chances are very high that there would be a mention of the name at least). I looked on the RSPW archive, wrestlingclassics, general online searches and even downloaded a 400 page book named "Obituaries in the Performing Arts 2004" (he supposedly died in January 2004 in a car crash according to Cagematch), which does cover wrestler deaths and additionally looked for a car crash on January 25, 2004 and since the only other information is Iowa, i looked there. Not a single mention at all  (but obviously he could've lived in any other place at the time of course) and i even looked for variations of the name, since "Rochr" sounds extremely weird to me, so i also looked for Roche and Rocher, which are way more common, but there was nothing to be found at all. 

By now i'm actually convinced, that this person never existed. If the data on Cagematch (and that's the only site that lists him and they barely have any information) is correct, it is extremely strange that a wrestler, trainer and promoter, who was supposedly active for 25 years and died in a car crash, has not a single piece of information online. No pictures, no match listing, no info on the promotion he supposedly ran, no match videos and not even any info on the supposed car crash.

Did you look up Alan Carnill which is his actual name?

Edited by alvarasus

1 hour ago, alvarasus said:

Oh wow that immediately gets results... I feel bad for ShadowAngel now. lol

Hey it happens to everybody, it's always the one thing you didn't think about that leads to the results you were looking for.

13 hours ago, alvarasus said:

Well I guess someone may be getting an update in the next release. Thank you for this - one of the best parts of this mod forum is you will always find someone with the info you need!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kinqconnor said:

Will the new update be soon? I was planning on a long term WCW save that's all

No new update will be released anytime soon. The current upload is as up to date as you are going to get for a while (maybe 6 months or more).

• Like 1