How do you book yourself

Depends.  I usually do a different thing in each save.

1920-1970s save - My guy was ALL roles but most importantly THE STAR

1970-1989 save - My guy (Randy "The Ram" Robinson) was the STAR but it quickly faded once new stars were created. 

1980-1999 save - Road Agent/Ref

1985-2016 save - I'm playing as Vince McMahon and Ted Turner so owners.  Vince remained in commentary the whole time though.  Turner as a road agent. 

• Like 1

I suspect this may be a fairly common one but, if I'm playing as a recently retired owner, I tend to bring myself out of retirement for a short run to put over my next generation of stars, hoping the popularity I have to pass down overrides the stamina shortage.

I did this with The Comedian on the default database to establish Boo Smithson, Shogo and Mace Mueller as DIW's new headliners and with Alex DeColt on the 2022 Alt CVerse to try to cement Skip Beau and Aaron Knight (the man of many alter egos was revealed as Adrian Garcia's younger brother in this universe for one final DeColt-Garcia chapter) as CGC top heels.

I usually use Pat Patterson as my user character, so I rarely book myself, even in angles. Otherwise, I will play a ring general type, who can work in the main event, and maybe even occasionally hold the strap, but who isn't the top guy. The sole exception is Bret Hart. I'm such a mark for him that, on the rare occasion that I play as him, I juice his stats in the editor and book him as the top guy.

I haven't created a self-insert kind of character (in fictional/CVerse mods, or whatever), so I'm unsure how I would literally book "myself".

I use a charismatic retired wrestler who is way too over for the size of my company. Gives me the excuse that it would have a lot of money to start with, but perhaps not the business connections to start off at a big enough level. And then he's the authority figure, but usually in the first several months he comes in occasionally to pop a rating - opening show to welcome the crowd, maybe run down the PPV card and introduce tournaments, that sort of thing. Then I have some charismatic youngster who I want to move up involved in a storyline with him (complaining to the authority figure, trying to prove himself, etc)

I tend to use people already n the data so whatever role they have in the company. If I play 92, I'm Pat Patterson if I run WWE, Bischoff if I run WCW etc... I don't add myself to the data as I like booking in the style of the booker at the time (I just make different stupid choices when I'm Bischoff 😁). I did once play as Ric Flair booking WCW in 1998 - I booked "myself" to the moon. Egomaniac save! So yeah, that tends to be what I do.

Sometimes using RWC modern I will be Bryan Danielson when I book AEW & Triple H when I play as WWE. 

If I'm playing a historical mod, I'll pick a free agent as a user character that you could see running their own company. Someone that's a road agent or commentator.
If I'm playing a modern real world mod I'll play as myself but at most as a Road Agent, if anything.
If I'm playing a Cornellverse game I'm usually doing an organic database with few workers in the world to start with and have the game start in 1900. I'll have my guy be the the grandfather of wrestling in that situation like a George Hackenschmidt and he'll have 1 decent quality rival. I'll be the wrestler and road agent and start the first wrestling school in the game world. Once there's a decent generation of talent being developed I'll leave my company and do long simulations to see how things turn out 100 years in the future.

• Like 1