CGC: Dawn of DeColt Country [CVerse 1997]

image.jpeg

Sunday Week 2 August 1997
Langley, British Columbia (928 in attendance)
0.02 rating on GNS (19,297 viewers)

• Jack DeColt Promo   67
  • DALAY & TYLER VS SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE   56  
  • Ed Monton Promo   45
  • Rogers, Jetson & Bowen Arrives   49
  • Black Sheep Walking   34
  • HELEN WHEELS VS BLACK SHEEP   34  
  • Case Closed for Wolverines   69
  • Rocky, Wolfgang & Tavare Promo   36
  • JON JETSON VS MOOSE MULDER   50 
  • Barry Bowen Promo   69
  • Last Man Standing Votes   66
  • LAST MAN STANDING PREVIEW   53 
  • Final Rating   57

I flip-flopped over what to choose as the main event. The tag team grudge match? Moose vs Jetson? In the end I didn't have amazing confidence in either of them, and went with a Last Man Standing Preview. In terms of scores, the tag match was better received (Tyler is very good) but I like positioning the Rumble as a big deal. I was surprised at how many words I could write for a 5-man battle royal.

image.jpeg

Next time on Title Bout Wrestling...

CGC Tag Team Title Match: Eric Tyler & Dan DaLay vs Soldiers of Fortune vs Eddie Chandler & Johnny Maverick
Tavare Loring vs Howling Dog
Katsu Curry Ciabatta vs Tempest Appleby

... and if you haven't already, there's still plenty of time to get your votes in for the Last Man Standing Rumble. 
Thumbs Up (Pick 3 CGC wrestlers you like, they will enter the Rumble later)
Thumbs Down (Pick 3 CGC you don't like, they will enter the Rumble earlier... if at all)

• Like 1

CGC Tag Team Title Match: Eric Tyler & Dan DaLay vs Soldiers of Fortune vs Eddie Chandler & Johnny Maverick

A three way tag title match, CGC are really breaking the mold in 1997, I'll give it to the champs. 

I take the face in some shenanigans of some kind.

Time to put some Apple in this curry... which is disgusting but a squash nonetheless

• Like 1

Been enjoying this from afar Self, don't comment as much as I probably should.

Votes for the Rumble below!
Thumbs Up (Pick 3 CGC wrestlers you like, they will enter the Rumble later) Battering Lamb because he's fun, Pedro Monsoon because it's an incredible name and Canadian Dragon because patriotism.
Thumbs Down (Pick 3 CGC you don't like, they will enter the Rumble earlier... if at all) Alex DeColt, Jack DeColt, Steve DeColt.

• Like 1

Golly, I got so behind to the point where I put off catching up but I'm so glad I went through it. Some pure gold! The Helen Wheels storyline has been so fantastic, especially Whipper and George. I enjoyed every segment with Melisa Monroe. And Eric Tyler picking his partner was a highlight. A surprising favourite though has been Barry Bowen, his promo about forcing his daughter to watch whilst he explains why and how he hurt Steve was great. And I've enjoyed Steve McClean with 'Mr Tyler works in mysterious ways'. And Roger Rogers. I've enjoyed a lot basically! 

Whilst of course i'm invested in this storyline, in many ways I'd say you've accomplished your goal of providing a snapshot of CGC at this time. Good luck working out your next plans. There's not too many promotions in game that I think offer the right sort of product, at least for something akin to this. CGC feels nice and manageable, but also have lots of history/lore. Maybe EWA. 

Sticking with this though, my thumbs up are Eric Tyler, McClean and Jack DeColt. Thumbs down are Biff, Jake Sloan and Wolfgang.

• Like 1

... and if you haven't already, there's still plenty of time to get your votes in for the Last Man Standing Rumble. 
Thumbs Up (Pick 3 CGC wrestlers you like, they will enter the Rumble later): Black Sheep, Katsu Curry Ciabatta, Ed Monton
Thumbs Down (Pick 3 CGC you don't like, they will enter the Rumble earlier... if at all): Biff The Bruiser, Wofgang Zimmerman, Land Mass

• Like 1

image.png

image.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Last week we couldn't determine No.1 Contenders for the CGC Tag Team Titles, so the Champions have agreed to fight both teams. But first, I'm hearing that Moose Mulder has prepared a surprise in the parking lot."

image.jpeg

PARKING LOT

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

JULIE FORLETTA stands by with MOOSE MULDER, standing next to a Punching Machine. 

MOOSE MULDER
Hey Bowen. You think you can hit harder than me? Prove it.
 This here is the Moose-o-Matic 2000. Custom made! Heavy duty!
 The only thing strong enough to measure the strongest punches
 in the world. 

Mulder hits the punching machine with a mighty Moose Punch! 9987 power points! 

MOOSE MULDER
That's what I got! How 'bout you? Time to put your money
 where your mouth is. Come show me how hard you hit. 
Unless you're chicken. 

image.jpeg

LAST MAN STANDING PREVIEW MATCH

BARRY KINGMAN VS BOB CASEY VS FRANKIE FLAME VS PEDRO MONSOON VS STEVE DECOLT
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Jerome Turner "The Last Man Standing Rumble is coming soon, and everyone wants a chance at the $300,000 prize."

Stunning Steve wastes no time strutting his stuff with titillating displays of power. He takes Monsoon out with a Luscious Lariat (Elimination 1)! He tosses Kingman out with a Sexy Slam (Elimination 2)! Steve saves Frankie for last, which is a good plan as the student has already exhausted himself throwing out Bob Casey (Elimination 3). Powerful Punches! DeColt Stampede (Running Bulldog)! Out goes Frankie.  

STEVE DECOLT WINS (3:46)

Jerome Turner "The CGC Matchmaking Committee want Steve to fight back up from the bottom, but they're not in charge of when he'll enter the Last Man Standing Rumble. CGC fans far and wide have been casting their votes for the entry order, and our Television Champion Alex DeColt has been putting his college education to good use in narrowing down the results."

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

IN-RING

ERIC TYLER is already in the ring as RASH REILLY and DAN DALAY set up a table and chair for him to sit at. JOHN McCLEAN brings him an apple and a microphone. 

ERIC TYLER
Settle down and listen up! School is now in session. The Soldiers
 of Fortune say they have a new backer, one that doesn't want me
 winning the CGC Tag Team Titles, but that is a lie. This is a negotiation 
tactic, pure and simple. They're holding my title shot ransom, hoping
 I'll pull out my cheque-book. Well bravo, Soldiers. Congratulations. 
You want to negotiate? Let's negotiate. Let's see how much it'll take 
for you to lay down and get out of my way tonight. 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

The SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE; Chance and Fate, march down the ramp and get in the ring. Rash looks terrified and McClean hides behind Dan DaLay, but the Soldiers don't attack.

ERIC TYLER
That's what I thought. I'm writing down a number. I trust you 
two will find it to your liking.

Tyler writes down a number on a piece of paper, and slides it face down across the table. Fate picks it up. Shows it to Chance. They confer. They ponder. They confer again. Tyler gets impatient.

ERIC TYLER
Will you get on with it! This isn't complicated. Big number is big.
 What could you two Neanderthals possibly be discussing!

FATE
Oh we're just deciding where we're going for food later. Your offer is
 garbage. Way below our going rate, and that's for people we like. If 
you want us on your side you're going to have to triple that.

ERIC TYLER
Triple? TRIPLE??? That's extortionate!

FATE
That's negotiation, Tyler. You want the tag team titles, and you know 
you can't win them with us in your way. That gives us leverage.

CHANCE
You think it over. Maybe you'll change your mind in tonight's main event.

The Soldiers of Fortune leave, and Eric Tyler is furious.

image.jpeg

LOCKER ROOM

image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg

JULIE FORLETTA interviews ROGER ROGERS, as BARRY BOWEN sits seething in the background. 

JULIE FORLETTA
Moose Mulder has laid out the challenge. Will Barry Bowen
 accept? 

ROGER ROGERS
He doesn't need to, Julia. Everyone knows Barry Bowen is the most 
powerful force in CGC. Nobody lifts heavier, runs faster, lasts longer 
or punches harder. Bowen could easily go out there and destroy 
Moose's silly machine without breaking a sweat... but what kind of 
example does that set to his daughter? To blindly accept challenges 
from loudmouths of no consequence? No. Barry Bowen is the better 
man.... and that machine is probably rigged anyway. 

Barry Bowen continues to seethe.

image.jpeg

TAVARE LORING VS HOWLING DOG
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Jerome Turner "This has been a long time coming, ever since Tavare turned on Dog and joined Rocky Psycho."

Howling Dog tries to go on the warpath, but Loring refuses to engage with such stereotypical nonsense, leaving the ring whenever there's any hint of a war dance or tomahawk chop. Dog gets frustrated and Loring manages to blindside him when his back is turned. No stereotypes. Only violence. Punches. Stomps. Brutal knees. He starts ripping the ceremonial feathers and trinkets off of Dog's outfit in disgust, but Dog won't give up his heritage, fighting through the pain with a wardance. Loring is incensed, firing off punches, but Dog summons the courage of his spirit animal to go on the warpath! Tomahawk chops! Sky High Spinebuster! He climbs to the top rope and...  rain starts to fall in the ring.

image.jpeg

ROCKY PSYCHO is in the entranceway with the Enchanted Tomahawk, summoning a pathetic drizzle with an insulting version of a rain dance. It nevertheless distracts Dog long enough for Loring to launch him off the top, and hit a Kneeling Piledriver for the 1... 2... 3.

TAVARE LORING WINS (8:15)

image.jpeg

PARKING LOT

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg

There's no sign of Barry Bowen, but many fans and CGC wrestlers have gathered around MOOSE MULDER's Moose-o-Matic 2000 to test their punching might. TED MOORE has put together a scoreboard, riddled with spelling errors. Jayk Sloon 4053. Bat R N Lamm 6944. Poor Widdle Biff 7222. Furious, BIFF THE BRUISER storms off, still wearing his fluffy Poor Widdle Baby belt. 

image.jpeg

KATSU CURRY CIABATTA VS TEMPEST APPLEBY

Jerome Turner "Helen Wheels discovered this strange masked man in a sushi restaurant while lost in Japan. He helped her get home. She helped him get on the CGC roster."

Tempest tries to put the insane chef into a spin, but Katsu runs this kitchen! He slices and dices Appleby with chops, sprinkling on a mixture of stomps, knee drops and sentons, before turning up the heat with a 450 degree splash. Tempest is cooked! Taste Test (Curb Stomp into plate of Apple Crumble)! 1... 2... 3!

KATSU CURRY CIABATTA WINS (5:11)

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

CGC Bubbleweight Champion HELEN WHEELS is protected by MAMMOTH and LAND MASS. 

HELEN WHEELS
I'm back, you creeps, and all is right with the world. I've got my belt,
I'm in the right country, and that Black Sheep is behind bars where
 he belongs. Did he really think sending me to another county
would get rid of me? Did he really think I couldn't find a new
friend? Katsu Curry Ciabatta is here to do my bidding, and now
any pipsqueek or shrimpy Bubbleweight that wants to get to
 me, has to go through him. 

image.jpeg

EQUIPMENT STORAGE

)image.jpegimage.jpeg

JULIE FORLETTA and her crew find GEORGE DECOLT searching through equipment storage. 

JULIE FORLETTA
Everything okay in here, Mr DeColt?

GEORGE DECOLT
No. Something's bothering me. Something that was said in the
 interogations. Do either of you know where we keep the tapes 
of the past episodes?

GNS CAMERAMAN 
I think we tape over those. Once the episode airs it's too expensive
 to store them. 

GEORGE DECOLT
Blast! Something's wrong here... I can feel it. 

image.jpeg

PARKING LOT

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

No Barry Bowen yet, but everyone's still having fun. The assembled fighters are encouraging young JACK DECOLT to give the punching machine a try. 

JACK DECOLT
Golly, I don't know. I've never thrown a punch before.

image.jpeg

Before Jack can cave to peer pressure, STEVE DECOLT appears. The crowd fall silent as Steve walks right past Moose and hits the machine as hard as he can. 8984 power points. Steve doesn't look happy, but he forces a smile and extends a hand to the No.1 Contender.

STEVE DECOLT
Give him hell, Moose. I've got unfinished business with Bowen,
 but I guess I can wait until you've knocked his lights out first.

Mulder shakes his hand.

STEVE DECOLT
Just remember, eventually I'm getting that sweet, sweet belt back 
around my sweet, sweet waist. And it's not going to matter who's 
holding it. Sooner rather than later, she's coming back home with me. 

image.jpeg

CGC TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

image.pngimage.png

ERIC TYLER & DAN DALAY VS SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE VS EDDIE CHANDLER & JOHNNY MAVERICK

Jerome Turner "The Soldiers made Eric Tyler an offer to get out of his way tonight. Will Tyler pay up?"

The Headmaster refuses to pay and the Soldiers immediately team up with Chandler and Maverick to beat the hell out of him and Dan DaLay. Mostly Dan DaLay, as the Soldiers seem happy to simply mentally torture Tyler. A Spinebuster/Senton combo is enough to make the Headmaster truly panic, and he writes a new number on a piece of paper and slides it into the ring. Fate reads it, nods to Chance, and the Soldiers immediately turn on the Champions.

The original School of Tradition isolate the champions four-on-one, first Maverick, then Chandler. The Soldiers do the bulk of the work, as Tyler gets cocky, eventually tagging himself in to put Chandler in the Tradition Lift (Double Chicken Wing), confident in the reforged alliance. 

Fate rips up the piece of paper. Reality dawns on the Headmaster as he becomes the victim of the Soldier's cohesive destruction and runs for his life. 

Chandler and Maverick have had enough. Clotheslines! Forearms! Clotheslines! Fabulous Dropkick! The Champions split up to avoid getting in each other's way... but still find themselves outnumbered. Chandler can't fight both Soldiers at once, and is taken out with a Spinebuster on the ramp. Meanwhile, Tyler and DaLay hit a High-Low (Big Boot/Legsweep) on Maverick and Tyler makes the cover for the 1... 2... Senton! Chance crushes them both, stealing the pin as Fate handles Dan DaLay! 1.. 2.. 3!

SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE WIN THE CGC TAG TEAM TITLES (10:16)

image.jpeg

PARKING LOT

The night is over and the party is breaking up. A fun time was had by all, but it's time to go home. TED MOORE starts packing his scoreboard away... but MOOSE MULDER isn't satisfied.

MOOSE MULDER
Is that how it's gonna be? You scared, Bowen? You chicken?
Come out and face me!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

He gets his wish. Here. Comes. BARRY. BOWEN. ROGER ROGERS tries to stop the CGC World Champion, until he notices the cameras and immediately changes his tune.

ROGER ROGERS
Oh you're in for it now. You've awoken the beast! A sleeping 
giant has come!

Barry Bowen gets in Mulder's face, sizing the challenger up. Moose just smiles, and steps aside to give him access to the Punching Machine. 

One... Bowen stretches.

Two... Bowen makes a fist.

Three! Bowen pivots and punches Moose Mulder square on the jaw with all his might. Moose goes down and the assembled wrestlers jump in to stop any more violence, but Bowen just walks away laughing...

...until Moose Mulder starts getting back up.

MOOSE MULDER
That all you got? You got pillows on those hands, you pansy? 
I thought you were a big man!

The wrestlers cheer and Ted Moore raises his partner's hand in victory. Barry Bowen is enraged. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

image.jpeg

• Moose makes a challenge   40
  • LAST MAN STANDING PREVIEW   32
  • Negotiation Time   58
  • Rogers declines the challenge   58
  • TAVARE LORING VS HOWLING DOG   49
  • Punching Party   33
  • KATSU CURRY CIABATTA VS TEMPEST APPLEBY   22
  • Helen Wheels Promo   42
  • Steve tries his hand   61
  • TYLER & DALAY VS SOLDIERS VS CHANDLER & MAVERICK   61
  • Bowen throws a punch   55
  • Final Rating 59

I frequently use the punching machine gimmick in my private games, so I'm thrilled to have it make an appearance here.

Eric Tyler definitely saved the main event. Everyone had a bad night except for him. It's just a shame he insists on turning the locker room against Fate at every show. I probably won't have to make a decision on this, but eventually I'd need to make a choice between the two of them. Tyler is better... but he's also the instigator who has let me down before, and usually gets poached by a bigger company sooner rather than later. Fate hasn't done anything wrong, but the locker room are eventually going to demand his head. An interesting choice I probably don't have to make given the time remaining. 

image.jpeg

Next time on CGC Title Bout Wrestling...

Rocky Psycho vs Jack DeColt
Over-the-Top-Rope Challenge: Canadian Dragon vs Jake Sloan vs Mario Heroic vs Nelson Blais vs Rash Reilly

... plus there will be a Title Bout, probably for the CGC Television Title. Actually, there's a question. Anyone you think would make a good challenger? 

.. and if you haven't already, there's still plenty of time to get your votes in for the Last Man Standing Rumble. 
Thumbs Down (Pick 3 CGC you don't like, they will enter the Rumble earlier... if at all)

• Like 3

Over-the-Top-Rope Challenge: Canadian Dragon vs Jake Sloan vs Mario Heroic vs Nelson Blais vs Rash Reilly

... plus there will be a Title Bout, probably for the CGC Television Title. Actually, there's a question. Anyone you think would make a good challenger? I was gonna say Rocky Psycho but I'll say Wolfgang Zimmerman instead.

• Like 1

... plus there will be a Title Bout, probably for the CGC Television Title. Actually, there's a question. Anyone you think would make a good challenger? Tavare Loring considering his win over Howling.

Well done show. Enjoy the thread of the Punching bag throughout the show. First with Biff making his appearance failing to beat Mulder to in theory lose his Poor Widdle Baby title. Then to sew some negative vibes with Jack & Steve, the locker room are clearly for Jack and intimidated by Steve. Bowen's right hand to Moose at the end was a nice twist to give Mulder a win over Bowen to make him look like a threat despite obviously being a filler challenger.

• Like 1

image.png

image.jpeg

Jerome Turner "The Last Man Standing Rumble is only 3 weeks away, and if I were a betting man I'd have my eye on the two fighters in our main event. Two men with a lot of votes. Two men with several allies to back them up. An all important main event on the road to Last Man Standing."

image.jpeg

CGC TELEVISION TITLE MATCH

image.png

/w Rocky Psycho WOLFGANG ZIMMERMAN VS ALEX DECOLT
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.png

Jerome Turner "If Wolfgang wins here, does he also win the unenviable task of counting the votes for the Last Man Standing Rumble?"

Poor Alex looks like he hasn't slept in a week, and is still working through a box of votes when referee Francis Long rings the bell. The TV Champion springs into action, rocking the big man with powerful punches until he gets distracted by Rocky advancing on the box of votes, and gets clobbered. Wolfgang overwhelms the champion with M.U.S.C.L.E as Rocky reads through the votes, but he doesn't like what he finds. Irritated. Angry. He fails to find a pen to make some 'corrections' so decides to rip up some- 

image.jpeg

JACK DECOLT takes the box of votes, keeping it away from Rocky Psycho, who snaps and chases him around the ring! Now Wolfgang is distracted, which helps Alex fight out of a bear hug. Pretty Powerslam! SmooOOooth Snap Driving Elbow! Iron Claw! Wolfgang tries to power out, while on the outside Rocky has managed to get the box from Jack and flee into the ring. Seeing his ally in danger, Rocky smashes the box over the back of Alex's head! Votes fly everywhere! 

ALEX DECOLT WINS VIA DISQUALIFICATION (7:37)

Psycho and Zimmerman make their escape as Jack checks on Alex and ringside Security try to gather up the scattered votes. 

Jerome Turner "Alex manageds to keep his belt, and presumably his position as Vote Counter. Good thing too, as he's done a great job narrowing down the entry order even further."

image.jpeg

Jerome Turner "We caught up with members of the roster, to ask them about their predicted positions."

image.jpegimage.jpeg

FATE
Never thought we'd get so many votes from CGC fans, but
 we're not complaining. Our benefactor pays us well, but 
I wouldn't say no to another $300,000.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

EDDIE CHANDLER
Sacre bleu! It looked so good last week. Not we're near the
bottom. I guess all we can do is work hard, stick together, and
win back the CGC Tag Team Titles.

Johnny Maverick looks unsure.

image.jpeg

HOWLING DOG
I'm disappointed. I feel like I've let down a lot of people. Not 
just my tribe, but also the fans who no longer think I'm worthy
 of a place in the Last Man Standing Rumble. Well, if I can't do 
that, maybe I can use Last Man Standing to regain my honor.
 To regain the ancient relic of my people. Tavare Loring. You 
may have turned your back on our culture, but I have not.
 Fight me one more time! With our people's enchanted 
tomahawk on the line. 

image.jpeg

BACKSTAGE

image.jpeg

ROGER ROGERS
I demand a recount! I don't believe these results from Alex
 DeColt one bit. As CGC World Champion, Barry Bowen can't 
possibly be lower than the final entrant. No way could the fans
 lose faith in him after last week's punch. The sun was in his eyes!
 Moose cheating by having a gigantic beard to cushion the blow! 
Shenanigans are afoot! I'm going to bring my fury to the CGC 
Matchmaking Committee and-

image.jpeg

BARRY BOWEN blows right past Rogers without even looking at him and barges directly into Melissa Monroe's office. 

image.jpeg

/w Helen Wheels, Mammoth & Katsu Curry Ciabatta 
LAND MASS VS BATTERING LAMB
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Jerome Turner "Two very large men. They could be forces to be reckoned with in the Last Man Standing Rumble."

Katsu Curry bakes pies at ringside for Helen and Mammoth, as Land Mass challenges his opponent to throw him over the top rope. Alas, Lamb can't move mountains. Not alone. Lamb gives it all he's got. Mutton Chops! Lamb Shank! He tries to drop the big Leg of Lamb, but a distraction from Helen allows Land Mass to hit the Ten Ton Avalanche (Corner Splash) for the 1... 2... 3. 

LAND MASS WINS (6:05)

Land Mass dumps Lamb over the top rope and out to the floor, where Katsu Curry Ciabatta hits the Taste Test (Curb Stomp into Shephard's Pie) to add more injury to the insult. 

image.jpeg

Jerome Turner "We spoke to more CGC wrestlers regarding their predicted positions in the Last Man Standing Rumble."

image.jpeg

BARRY KINGMAN
Why aren't these idiots voting for me? Don't they know who
 my father is?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

MOOSE MULDER
Last Man Standing is shaping up to be the best night of my life. Knocking
 out the CGC World Champion AND winning $300,000? Keep those votes
 coming, folks! We know what you want!

TED MOORE 
Moore Moose! Moore Moose! Moore Moose!

image.jpeg

[BLACK SHEEP IS CURRENTLY BEING HELD IN COUNTY JAIL AWAITING TRIAL]
[HE COULD NOT BE REACHED FOR COMMENT]

image.jpeg

SCHOOL OF TRADITION CLASSROOM

image.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

ERIC TYLER is not happy as he addresses his class. DAN DALAY looks pleased. JOHN McCLEAN beams. FRANKIE FLAME and RASH REILLY try to avoid eye contact with their Teacher. 

ERIC TYLER
This is unacceptable, students. I... We... need to win that $300,00
 prize, and the only way we're going to do that is if you all qualify
 and clear the way for my glorious victory. DaLay, good job. McClean...
 surprisingly great job. Rash, Frankie... I swear if you don't get into
 that Rumble I cannot be held responsible for what I'll make DaLay
 do to you. Shake hands. Kiss babies. Win matches. I don't care what
 you do. Those Soldiers and their secret benefactor are out to get
 me, so I need all hands on deck. 

image.jpeg

OVER-THE-TOP ROPE
LAST MAN STANDING PREVIEW MATCH

CANADIAN DRAGON VS JAKE SLOAN VS MARIO HEROIC VS NELSON BLAIS VS RASH REILLY

Jerome Turner "Five men looking to impress. Not only for the Last Man Standing Rumble, but also for Helen Wheels' Bubbleweight Title."

Dropkicks! Arm drags! Running. Running! RUNNING! Mario and Dragon use flips and gymnastics to try to wow the crowd and win their votes. Rash tries to join in, but flips aren't part of the Eric Tyler curriculum, and it's all moot as the acrobatic trio are shot out of the sky by Nelson Blais' Anti Air Missiles (Dropkick to Flying Opponent) and thrown out, one by one. 

Jake Sloan foils the anti-air tactics by rolling around the ring like an idiot, but only succeeds in making himself dizzy. Blais delivers a military grade beatdown, but when he tries to throw him out, Sloan's foot gets accidentally caught in the ropes. Blais tries to free him, but the undersized underdog manages to drag him out over the top to the floor. 

JAKE SLOAN WINS (8:02)

Still hanging upside down, Jake Sloan celebrates as Blais protests! 

image.jpeg

ON A BOAT

image.jpeg

TAVARE LORING sits in a boat in the middle of an endless expanse of water. It's pitch black. Not a single landmark in sight. 

TAVARE LORING
You know what your problem is, "Howling Dog"? You're obsessed
 with trinkets. Ancient relics. Crumbs of the past. Things that should
 have been put in the ground a long time ago. You want this stupid axe?
 You want to make a challenge? Here's what I think of your challenge!

Tavare throws the tomahawk into the water. 

image.jpeg

ROCKY PSYCHO VS JACK DECOLT

Jerome Turner "After the shenanigans in the Television Title match, both Alex DeColt and Wolfgang Zimmerman have been banned from ringside for this one."

Rocky's all smiles as he shows off with elegant arm drags and fancy head scissors, but Jack only has the Rumble on his mind, and repeatedly scoops up the smaller man and dumps him over the top rope and out to the floor with embarrassing ease. Rocky Psycho snaps! No elegance, Nothing fancy. He launches himself at poor young Jack and hammers him with punches and stomps, before becoming obsessed with throwing him out. Jack lands on the apron! Jack holds onto the ropes! Rocky gets angrier, which only makes him sloppier, and Jack finds an opening! Shoulder Tackles! Suplexes! He launches Rocky to the outside again, but this time the gets pulled out to the ring and rattled against the guardrails by a lunatic Italian. 

Referee Francis Long threatens a count out. Rocky doesn't care, but Jack sure does. He fights and struggles and weathers a storm of blows to get back into the ring! He dodges a Missile Dropkick and goes for the Iron Claw, but Rocky bites his hand and hits the Slice of Life (Spinning Headlock Elbow Drop) for the 1... 2... 3! 

ROCKY PSYCHO WINS (10:23)

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpegimage.jpeg

MELISSA MONROE is positively beaming as BARRY BOWEN stands menacingly beside her. 

MELISSA MONROE
What a wonderful night. I am thrilled to see everyone getting into 
the spirit of the Last Man Standing Rumble... but next week won't
 be about that. Title Bout Wrestling is about Title Bouts, and next 
week the CGC World Title will be on the line. The Committee have 
voted, and the challenger will be... Ted Moore! 

Barry Bowen smirks.

MELISSA MONROE
Congratulations, Ted. I wish you the best of luck.  

image.jpeg

• Like 1

image.jpeg

• WOLFGANG ZIMMERMAN VS ALEX DECOLT   40
  • Voting Talk #1   45
  • Roger Rogers Promo   52
  • LAND MASS VS BATTERING LAMB   34
  • Voting Talk #2   34
  • LAST MAN STANDING PREVIEW   34
  • Tyler scolds his Students   70
  • Tavare has a Boat   36
  • ROCKY PSYCHO VS JACK DECOLT   39
  • Melissa Monroe Announcement   62
  • Final Rating   46

Dang. Bad show. Yet again, I put Jack DeColt in the ring with someone I thought could carry the youngster to a good match... but not an interesting main event. Those require storylines, and this didn't really have one besides a general "the Rumble" vibe. Rocky did fine. Jack isn't a main event guy (unless tied into a hot story) and I keep forgetting that. For ratings, Rocky vs Monton II would have been better... but that wouldn't have been as fun to write.

I hadn't planned to get Rocky & Co involved with the DeColts so early, but with the end on the horizon, it's now or never, really. They're an act with some momentum behind them, who can deliver some fresh matches. My instinct, based on a private CGC game I had where Rocky was one of the top heels for 5 years, is to protect Rocky at all costs... but the important part of that game is that Barry Bowen and Eric Tyler left very early, and I needed emergency main eventers. For whatever reason, neither Bowen nor Tyler have left me this time, and the Runaway Train in particular is filling the spot I planned for Rocky.

image.jpeg

Next Time on Title Bout Wrestling...

CGC World Title: Ted Moore vs Barry Bowen
Katsu Curry Ciabatta vs Jake Sloan

Over-the-Top-Rope Challenge: Chance vs Dan DaLay vs Eddie Chandler vs Johnny Maverick vs John McClean

...and if you haven't already, there's still a little time to get your votes in for the Last Man Standing Rumble. 

Edited by Self

It's a testiment to your ability to get over characters up and down your card that I'm looking at your graphics for the Last Man Standing Match vote standings and have a hard time narrowing down just 30 guys I'd want to see in the match. Like Howling Dog potentially not being in feels bad because I like how you've booked him, but at the same time you can make arguemnts for just about everyone on there.

CGC World Title: Ted Moore vs Barry Bowen

A chance for Bowen to get under Moose's skin by picking on his smaller tag team partner ahead of their title match. It'll be interesting to see how Moore does in a singles match since his only really featured bouts have been tag matches with Moose, though I doubt this'll be much more than a squash.

Katsu Curry Ciabatta vs Jake Sloan

I like Katsu Curry Ciabatta and he's another guy I would enjoy in the Last Man Standing match, but I think I have to pick my boy Jake here since he's got some momentom coming off his win last show and I enjoy his sort of style of being more sort of lucky and scrappy than particularly talented.

Over-the-Top-Rope Challenge: Chance vs Dan DaLay vs Eddie Chandler vs Johnny Maverick vs John McClean

Tough one because I'm guessing Chance is the most popular guy in the match and just won the tag team championship again, but he's also the only one going into this without an ally. I'll take McClean here on the basis that the other four were all in the tag title match against one another and might overlook him to focus on one another, allowing him to fly under the radar and get a sneaky win.