NWA: Reclaiming the Glory

z030pEj.jpg

NWA Main Event- March 28th, 2024
Attendance: 1,000 at Dusty Studios (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
Commentary Team: Mauro Ranallo & Josh Barnett

For the final time before the NWA Philly Special, it's time for NWA Main Event live on Fox Sports 2! Mauro Ranallo & Josh Barnett welcome everyone to the show before running down tonight's card, highlighted by the main event contract signing for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship match between Matt Cardona & Mustafa Ali. We then get right into our opening contest...

aHPXdt6.jpg w/NnRkMsD.gif VS ogSYRXy.jpg

Janai Kai w/Dan Lambert vs Santana Garrett
The third member of Violence is Forever is making her debut here tonight with Dan Lambert in her corner. The rest of VIF is busy training for their match with The Von Erichs at Philly Special, so only Lambert is here. This match was a decent match and the crowd was solidly behind Garrett. Kai started off the match hot, launching herself at Santana and hitting her with a flying kick! Santana recoiled into the corner, where Kai hit her with a barrage of rapid-fire kicks to the chest. Eventually Kai relented, allowing Santana to tumble out of the corner. However, she walked right into a spin kick from Kai! Kai made the cover, but Santana kicked out at two. Kai then tried to finish Santana off with her finisher, the Cobra Kick (Spinning Roundhouse Kick), but Santana ducked it and hit Kai with a forearm smash/German suplex combo. Garrett then scooped Kai up and launched her across the ring with a military press slam. The match came to an end when Garrett tried locking Kai in some sort of Cobra Clutch, but Kai managed to slip out of it and Santana with the Cobra Kick! Kai then made the cover and got the three, wrapping up an impressive debut!
WINNER: Janai Kai
fONYugE.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

okfFjAB.jpg

After our opening contest came to a close, we cut to the outside of Paul Heyman's office. That's where we see the NWA World Women's Champion Mercedes Mone emerge! Mone says that she just wrapped up a very productive conversation with Heyman, giving him the numbers of a few talents that she wants to fight, etc. But, Mercedes says the main thing they talked about was her "Pretty Powerful Problem." Mercedes says that she's had enough of Steph de Lander, Megan Bayne, and that little simp Brady running around acting like they run this division, because they're wrong. Only one woman runs the women's division and it's Mercedes Mone! Mercedes then says that she has a very special announcement for the Philly Special in two weeks...

Mercedes Mone: "Steph, Megan, I'm so tired of you two whiny bitches that I got Paul Heyman to book a triple threat match for the NWA World Women's Championship at the Philly Special! After I'm done with you two there, you two will have no choice but to recognize who's on top in the National Wrestling Alliance and you can BANK! ON! THAT!"
AStNNvA.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

smRVeoR.jpg w/C7nS6oB.gif VS e9Wtwvi.jpg w/InecotP.gif
Tankman w/Bojack vs Mason Madden w/Mansoor
After weeks of bickering between MxM and the Dreadlock Demolition Machines, it was announced on the NWA website earlier this week that the two teams would be battling it out for the NWA World Tag Team Championship at the Philly Special. So, one member of each team will be fighting tonight in a bit of a preview. This match was a decent match and the crowd was solidly behind Tankman. The bell rang as both men stared each other down. As the crowd chanted "MEAT! MEAT! MEAT!" Madden simply laughed and made fun of Tankman's height (despite only being six inches taller than him). Tankman responded by grabbing Madden and slamming him to the mat with a uranage! Madden got to his feet in shock, but walked right into a body slam from Tankman. Tankman then ran off the ropes and hit Madden with a big senton! Tankman then tried ending things early with the Tankman Driver, but Madden used his strength to reverse it into a powerslam. Madden then threw Tankman into the corner and slapped him across the chest, the sound of which reverberated throughout Dusty Studios. Mansoor jumped for joy on the outside, running up to the commentary table, grabbing Josh Barnett's headset, and screaming "THAT'S WHAT WE DO IN MXM, WE SLAP MEAT!" As Mansoor got back to ringside, he was met with a big lariat from Bojack! Bojack and Mansoor then brawled all the way to the back, leaving their respective partners to fight in the ring. The match came to an end when Madden set up Tankman for some sort of chokeslam. Before he could hit it though...

YcKjJWv.jpg
Nic Nemeth ran down to the ring with a steel chair!

Nemeth then began unloading on both competitors with the steel chair, causing the immediate double disqualification. Nemeth didn't care though, he mercilessly beat up Tankman & Mason Madden, unleashing his fury on both men as Salina de la Renta grinned on the outside.
WINNER: NO CONTEST (Double DQ)
C6cqcRR.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

YcKjJWv.jpgtj8YzTN.jpg
As Tankman & Mason Madden rolled to the outside in pain, Nic Nemeth set the chair up in the ring and took a seat. After Salina de la Renta grabbed him a microphone, Nemeth began to talk about the events that transpired between him & Paul Heyman last week. An enraged Nemeth said that it was bullsh*t that he's not booked for the Philly Special in two weeks. Nemeth says that he doesn't just deserve to be booked, he deserves to be headlining the show, because he's that damn good! Nemeth then says that he's fulfilling a promise he made to Paul Heyman last week. Since he's not booked for the Philly Special, he's holding the show hostage until he gets a match! With that, Nemeth handed the microphone back to Salina and kicked his feet up. The crowd began booing as we cut to a commercial break.

After a brief commercial break, we cut back to the ring to see that Nic Nemeth is still sitting on the chair and soaking in the jeers of the crowd. That was until...

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!"

RJL26sc.jpg
Paul Heyman made his way on stage with a microphone!

Heyman says that he's dealt with plenty of prima donnas in his time in the wrestling business, but Nic Nemeth is so bad that he's giving Shane Douglas a run for his money! Heyman then says that he doesn't want to set an example that you can just hold the show hostage and get whatever you want, but Nemeth does drive a hard bargain. Heyman says that he'll acquiese to Nemeth's demands and give him a match at the Philly Special. Nemeth grins, but so does Heyman for some reason, which causes the smile to disappear from Nemeth's face. Heyman explains...

Paul Heyman: "What happened Nic? Are you getting scared that I've found someone that you can't even beat?!? Well, you'd be right, because your opponent at NWA Philly Special is...

FROM NEW JAPAN PRO-WRESTLING!

f2CgrcZ.jpeg
SHOTA UMINO!"

The crowd popped as Nemeth and Salina started to recognize what they had just gotten into. Nemeth had gotten what he wanted, a match at the Philly Special, but he'll have to face on of New Japan Pro-Wrestling's hottest young stars in Shota Umino!
UvWS2uP.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

7Vueu3d.jpg
After that shocking reveal, we cut to the parking lot, where Matt Riddle was located. Riddle says that he's been searching high and low for two bros who have the killer instinct to compete in the Philly Street Fight against The Samoan Dynasty and he's definitely found them. He then signals for them to come over, none other than...

DNtBWGW.jpgr66EkBf.jpg
Timothy Thatcher & Alex Hammerstone!

Riddle fist bumps both men before saying that these two are some of the most dangerous bros in the National Wrestling Alliance. Thatcher says that it was Jacob Fatu and his cousins that were the reason why he didn't advance in the NWA World Heavyweight Championship Number One Contender's Tournament, so he's been waiting to get his hands on them for a good while now and what better way to do it than in a Philly Street Fight! Hammerstone says that while he can't get his hands on Bryan Keith for now, he's more than happy to help his bro Matt Riddle deal with a Samoan problem. Riddle then finishes by telling us what he's going to do tonight...

Matt Riddle: "So tonight, me & my bro Hammerstone are going to give those Samoan shmucks a little preview of the Philly Street Fight when we kick Jacob Fatu's and Lance Anoa'i's asses! You ready Alex?"

Alex Hammerstone: "I was born ready Matt, let's go!"
kYjU3zj.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

7Vueu3d.jpgr66EkBf.jpg w/4K9m0XP.gif

VS

Yx3SV9g.jpg1mquzcF.jpg w/ETEyWcI.gif
Matt Riddle & Alex Hammerstone w/Timothy Thatcher vs Jacob Fatu & Lance Anoa'i w/Zilla Fatu
These six men will collide in a Philly Street Fight at the Philly Special in two weeks, so this tag match is a bit of a preview of what's to come. This match was a good match and the crowd was solidly behind Riddle & Hammerstone. Hammerstone and Fatu started things off with a collar-and-elbow tie-up. Hammerstone surprisingly got the better of Jacob, shoving him off and hitting him with a big boot. Jacob quickly got back up though and launched himself at Hammerstone with a running body splash. Fatu then threw Hammerstone into the corner and attempted a knife edge chop, but Hammerstone blocked it and hit Fatu with a forearm smash. Hammerstone then tried to headbutt Jacob, but forgot the number one rule of pro wrestling (never headbutt a Samoan), so Jacob no sold it and hit Hammerstone with a headbutt of his own. Jacob then tried hitting Hammerstone with the Samoan Spike, but Hammerstone ducked it and hit Fatu with a half & half suplex. Hammerstone then tagged out to Riddle, while Fatu tagged out to Anoa'i. Riddle ducked a lariat from Lance and hit him with a running high knee before getting the crowd fired up. That proved to backfire though, as when Riddle tried to lock in the Rear Naked Choke, Lance thumbed him in the eye and took him down with a spinning uranage. The match came to an end when Lance tried hitting Riddle with a chokebomb, but Riddle wiggled out of it and locked in the Rear Naked Choke! Lance tried desperately to claw for the ropes, but he just couldn't reach them. Just as it seemed like Jacob Fatu would break up the hold, Alex Hammerstone charged into the ring and took him out with a big SPEAR!!!! With no one able to break the choke, Lance had no choice but to tap out, giving the win and a ton of momentum to Riddle going into the Philly Street Fight.
WINNERS: Matt Riddle & Alex Hammerstone
Jxu0nxj.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

RJL26sc.jpg    cAM3lUH.jpg    VMVCSoz.jpg
After our final commercial break of the evening, we cut back to the ring, which has been all set up for the contract signing for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship match at NWA Philly Special between Matt Cardona and Mustafa Ali. NWA President Paul Heyman is standing in the ring to oversee tonight's proceedings, but before he gets things started, he ran down the card for the Philly Special one more time. After that shameless self-promotion, Ali & Cardona make their entrances to respective cheers and jeers from the crowd. Both men sign the contract before the inevitable war of words begins. Cardona starts things off by telling Ali an old saying in wrestling, "Pin me once, shame on you. Pin me twice, shame on me. Pin me three times? Like hell that's ever going to happen!" Cardona says that Ali better enjoy looking at the NWA World Heavyweight Championship right now, because this is the closest he's ever going to get to it. As Cardona flashes a grin, Mustafa Ali grabs his microphone and tells him to shut the hell up! Ali says that he knows Cardona's just playing his cockiness up because he knows he's been pinned twice now by Ali. Ali then responds to Cardona's old saying with an old saying of his own...

Mustafa Ali: "Y'know Matt, I'm from Chicago, so I'm a big baseball fan of course. There's an old saying in baseball too, it's three strikes and you're out. And your third strike will come at the Philly Special!"

Matt Cardona gets a bit angry at that, but before he can respond, the lights go out! The darkness is broken up by the video screen above the entrance ramp, which is illuminated with another mysterious message...

7Z6Qv6S.png

The lights turn back on, leaving a confused Cardona & Ali standing in the ring. The two men stare each other down to close the show as the commentary team reminds us that next week will be a special recap episode of NWA Main Event leading into the NWA Philly Special!
ITFcZLy.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

AStNNvA.jpg

TV RATING: 0.13 (97,706 Viewers on Fox Sports 2)

• Like 3

3Z6cqX7.jpg

NWA PHILLY SPECIAL PREVIEW

BdEA3yO.jpg

RJL26sc.jpg

Paul Heyman: "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! MY NAME IS PAUL HEYMAN! And welcome to the official preview for the National Wrestling Alliance's Philly Special! It's the biggest weekend of the professional wrestling year and the National Wrestling Alliance could not be prouder to put on what's sure to be the show of the weekend. Let's get into our exciting contests..."

BdEA3yO.jpg

wIZkdp5.jpg

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match:

cAM3lUH.jpg VS VMVCSoz.jpg

"Main Event" MATT CARDONA (C) vs "The Falcon" MUSTAFA ALI

Paul Heyman Voiceover: "Mustafa Ali has had a meteoric rise in the National Wrestling Alliance. Since Revolution, he's scored two pinfall wins over the NWA World Heavyweight Champion Matt Cardona. While his first win was only in a tag team match, he won that second match in a straight one-on-one contest, earning him this title match tonight. Cardona hasn't really taken Ali seriously, seemingly being more focused on whoever's behind several mysterious video messages that have been dogging Cardona in his recent run of matches. Will Matt Cardona be able to get his head on straight and make it past the first hurdle as NWA World Heavyweight Champion? Or will Mustafa Ali pick up his third straight win over Cardona and become the new champ? We'll find out on Friday in Philadelphia!"

BdEA3yO.jpg

PHILLY STREET FIGHT:

7Vueu3d.jpgr66EkBf.jpgDNtBWGW.jpg

VS

Yx3SV9g.jpg1mquzcF.jpgy7z4pco.jpg

THE BRO SQUAD (Matt Riddle, Alex Hammerstone, & Timothy Thatcher)

vs 

THE SAMOAN DYNASTY (Jacob Fatu, Lance Anoa'i, & Zilla Fatu)

Paul Heyman Voiceover: "Riddle defeated Jacob Fatu in the semifinals of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship Number One Contender's Tournament back in February. Riddle may have lost his eventual NWA World Heavyweight Championship match to Matt Cardona, but that was only the beginning of his story with Fatu. That's because Fatu & his cousins Lance Anoa'i & Zilla Fatu beat the living hell out of Riddle backstage at NWA Main Event back in early March! The Samoans thought they got rid of Riddle for good, all because he dared defeat Jacob in the tournament, but that was proven wrong when Riddle returned a few weeks later and nearly took all the Samoans out by himself! Riddle was out for blood now, he needed The Samoan Dynasty in a match to take them down once for all, though he needed a few "bros" to help him out. Enter Timothy Thatcher & Alex Hammerstone, two of the NWA's fiercest competitors. They agreed to help out Riddle in his fight against Jacob Fatu & his cousins in one of the most brutal matches one can compete in, a Philly Street Fight! Which team will walk out of Philadelphia with the win?"

BdEA3yO.jpg

0VTE5Cz.jpg

NWA WORLD WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:

okfFjAB.jpg VS GKu8mmj.jpg VS JvfY1bh.jpg

"The CEO" MERCEDES MONE (C) vs "Megasus" MEGAN BAYNE vs "Python Power" STEPH DE LANDER

Paul Heyman Voiceover: "Mone has had plenty of problems with the duo of Bayne & Steph, aka Pretty Powerful, over the last month. From post-match assaults, to mid-match interference, they've been a constant thorn in Mone's side. Now, Mone gets a shot to take down both of them in a triple threat match! Will "The CEO's" reign continue? Or will teamwork make the dream work and lead to one member of Pretty Powerful walking out of Philadelphia with the gold?"

BdEA3yO.jpg

RJL26sc.jpg

Paul Heyman: "We also have several other matches on the card for the Philly Special, so let's quickly go over them..."

OTHER MATCHES:

Grudge Match:

"The Natural" Nic Nemeth vs "Shooter" Shota Umino

NWA World Tag Team Championship Match:

MXM (C) vs The Dreadlock Demolition Machines (Bojack & Tankman)

Grudge Match:

The Von Erichs vs Violence is Forever

Paul Heyman: "This is sure to be an exciting event, so don't forget to order it now on TrillerTV! And if you're in the Philadelphia area for the weekend, we have a limited number of tickets still available, so don't miss it!"

BdEA3yO.jpg

Prediction Key:

Matt Cardona (C) vs Mustafa Ali

Comments: 

Philly Street Fight:

The Bro Squad (Matt Riddle, Alex Hammerstone, & Timothy Thatcher) vs The Samoan Dynasty (Jacob Fatu, Lance Anoa'i, & Zilla Fatu)

Comments:

Grudge Match:

Nic Nemeth vs Shota Umino

Comments: 

NWA World Women's Championship Match:

Mercedes Mone (C) vs Megan Bayne vs Steph de Lander

Comments: 

MxM (C) vs The Dreadlock Demolition Machines

Comments: 

Grudge Match:

Comments: 

Comments: 

Drew Galloway making his anticipated return to kick both their asses lmao.

Philly Street Fight:

The Bro Squad (Matt Riddle, Alex Hammerstone, & Timothy Thatcher) vs The Samoan Dynasty (Jacob Fatu, Lance Anoa'i, & Zilla Fatu)

Comments:

I don't think Zilla and Lance are good enough to win big matches like this yet. 

Grudge Match:

Comments: 

Not a big enough name I think, especially here in America

Comments: 

I like Megan and Steph, but not yet. Mone gotta get a couple defenses in. 

Comments: 

Same as above

Grudge Match:

Comments: 

Prediction Key:

Comments: 

Philly Street Fight:

Comments:

Grudge Match:

Comments: 

Comments: 

Comments: 

Grudge Match:

Comments: 

Comments: 

Philly Street Fight:

Comments:

Grudge Match:

Comments: 

Comments: 

Comments: 

Grudge Match:

Comments: 

3Z6cqX7.jpg

NWA Philly Special- April 5th, 2024
Attendance: 8,000 at Liacouras Center (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)

It's the biggest weekend of the professional wrestling year and there's no better way to kick it off than with the NWA Philly Special live from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania! We start things off with a video recapping all the hottest feuds going into tonight. Between the big six man Philly Street Fight between Matt Riddle & his bros and The Samoan Dynasty, Nic Nemeth facing a challenge from one of New Japan Pro-Wrestling's hottest rising stars Shota Umino, and the huge NWA World Heavyweight Championship match between the champ Matt Cardona and the hungry challenger Mustafa Ali, this is sure to be one hell of a night!

Small amounts of pyro go off around the arena as Mauro Ranallo & Josh Barnett welcome everyone to the show. After a brief rundown of the card from Mauro, we get right into our opening contest...

1d8J0UR.jpgx81Jqmz.jpg 

VS

1Lrheve.jpgC5Bh9y2.jpg w/NnRkMsD.gifzC0ZkD0.gif
The Von Erichs vs Violence is Forever w/Dan Lambert & Janai Kai
Since The Von Erichs beat VIF in the first round of the NWA World Tag Team Championship Tournament, things have gotten personal between these two teams. First, VIF invaded The Von Erich Ranch and beat up the brothers, then The Von Erichs got revenge by invading the VIF Dojo and beat up Ku & Garrini! Now we take things to the squared circle to hopefully get a definitive winner! This match was a decent match and the crowd was solidly behind The Von Erichs. Ross Von Erich & Dominic Garrini started things off with a quick lock-up, but that quickly descended into an exchange of punches that ended with Garrini on top. Garrini then threw Ross off the ropes and launched him with a back body drop before running off the ropes and hitting him with a running knee drop. Garrini then scooped up Ross and tried a gutwrench suplex, but Ross reversed it into a facebuster. Ross then tagged out to Marshall and the two brothers hit Garrini with a double suplex. Marshall then began working over Garrini's legs, but an attempted Texas Cloverleaf submission failed when Garrini was able to kick him away. Before Marshall could attempt anything else, he was blindsided by a lariat from Garrini. Garrini then threw Marshall into the corner and tagged out to Kevin Ku. The VIF duo then hit Marshall with a powerbomb/neckbreaker combo, but that only got a two count on the ensuing pinfall. Ku then unloaded a barrage of kicks onto Marshall, culminating with a jumping high knee that nearly sent Marshall crashing to the outside. Ku then threw Marshall off the ropes, but Marshall managed to dodge an attempted lariat. That led to Marshall hitting Ku with a spinning wheel kick! The match came to an end when Marshall tried tagging out to Ross, but Dan Lambert got on the apron to distract him! Marshall tried swinging at Lambert, but Janai Kai quickly got him out of harm's way. The distraction allowed Ku to hit Marshall with a shotgun dropkick that took out Ross on the apron as well! Ku then signalled to Garrini and the two men hit Marshall with their finisher, Chasing the Dragon! Ku then made the cover and got the three!
WINNERS: Violence is Forever
sRfObMJ.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

CJFjEsp.jpg

yeoGnyy.jpge9Wtwvi.jpg VS LLYFAaH.jpgsmRVeoR.jpg
MxM (C) vs Dreadlock Demolition Machines
Before Mansoor & Mason Madden even won the NWA World Tag Team Titles at Revolution, their first challengers were already determined. That's because Bojack & Tankman, the Dreadlock Demolition Machines, won a 4-team tag match earlier in the night to do so. Several weeks and club encounters later, DDM appear to have both the physical and mental edge in their attempt to take the titles! This match was a decent match and the crowd was solidly behind DDM. Mansoor and Bojack started things off, but Mansoor quickly tagged back out to Madden, yelling at him "HE'S GOING TO SQUISH ME DAMN IT!" Madden shrugged, got in the ring, and locked up with Bojack. Bojack got the better of that exchange, shoving Madden away and hitting him with a running body splash. Madden recoiled into the corner, where Mansoor whispered something into his ear and tagged himself in. Suddenly, Madden grabbed Mansoor and launched him at Bojack, taking the big man down. Mansoor celebrated, screaming "IT WORKED!," before putting the boots to Bojack. Mansoor stomped a mudhole in Bojack, but was suddenly stopped when the big man grabbed Mansoor by the leg and flipped him in the air. Mansoor landed on his feet, but quickly walked right into a lariat from Bojack. Bojack then threw Mansoor into his corner and tagged out to Tankman. The two men attempted to hit Bojack with a double chokeslam, but Madden broke that up with a couple clubs to the back. Tankman tried going after Madden, but Mansoor took him out from behind with a dropkick. The match came to an end when Mansoor tagged out to Madden, who blasted Tankman with a big boot. Madden then threw Tankman off the ropes and attempted a big back body drop, but Tankman stopped it with a kick to the face. Madden then recoiled right into a spinebuster from Tankman! Tankman then tried running off the ropes, but Mansoor tripped him up! Mansoor celebrated, but walked right into a big lariat from Bojack! Meanwhile, in the ring, Tankman tried finishing off Madden with the Tankman Driver, but Madden managed to wiggle out of it after poking Tankman in the eye! Madden then goozled Tankman and hit him with a huge chokebomb! Madden made the cover and got the three, giving MxM their first title defense.
WINNERS: MxM
C6cqcRR.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

0VTE5Cz.jpg

okfFjAB.jpg VS GKu8mmj.jpg VS JvfY1bh.jpg w/7Z9u6O4.gif
Mercedes Mone (C) vs Megan Bayne vs Steph de Lander w/Brady
Mone has had plenty of problems with the duo of Bayne & Steph, aka Pretty Powerful, over the last month. From post-match assaults, to mid-match interference, they've been a constant thorn in Mone's side. Now, Mone gets a shot to take down both of them in a triple threat match! This match was a good match and the crowd was solidly behind Mone. Pretty Powerful teamed up to kick things off, taking down the champ with a double clothesline. Bayne then lifted Mone in a military press before handing her off to Steph, who hit Mone with a powerslam. The two women then flexed, which led to groans from the crowd and rapturous applause from Brady. That didn't last for long, as Mone was able to get to the top rope and take out both women with a diving crossbody! Mone then took the attack to Steph, hitting her with a snap suplex before hitting a grounded Steph with a standing moonsault. Before Mone could make the cover, Bayne grabbed her off of Steph and launched her across the ring with a German suplex. Bayne then got Steph to her feet and the duo started beating up Mone. One double suplex later and Pretty Powerful were in total control over Mone. The sold out crowd booed the duo, but those boos quickly turned into confusion when Bayne went for the cover. Steph broke that up and the two women started arguing. Bayne yelled "IT'S MY WIN!" while Steph yelled "IT'S OUR TITLE MEGAN!" The argument was only diffused by Brady, who ran into the ring and tried to plead with both women to calm down. Before tensions could rise even further, Mone recovered, ran off the ropes, and took out Brady with a shotgun dropkick! The match came to an end when Steph & Megan tried hitting Mone with a double clothesline, but Mone ducked it, ran off the ropes, and took out both women with a running crossbody! Megan was the first to get to her feet, but walked right into a backstabber from Mone, who quickly transitioned it into the Mone Maker! Bayne desperately clawed for the ropes, but the hold was eventually broken up by Steph. Megan rolled to the outside, where Brady checked on her, while Steph tried getting some offense in on Mone. Suddenly, Mone caught Steph with an uppercut, which was quickly followed by a backstabber, which was quickly transitioned into the Mone Maker! Steph tried escaping, but eventually had no choice but to tap out! Mercedes Mone has vanquished Pretty Powerful!
WINNER: Mercedes Mone
vWuXoE4.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

YcKjJWv.jpgtj8YzTN.jpg
After that triumphant win, we cut to the Harley Position, the area backstage before the entrance ramp, where "The Natural" Nic Nemeth and Salina de la Renta are getting ready for Nic's match with Shota Umino. Nic says that tonight's going to be a very special night in Shota Umino's young career. Nic says Shota's about to walk out of the shadows of Jon Moxley and walk right into an ass-whooping from Nic Nemeth! Nic finishes by saying that tonight's going to mark the beginning of a new era in the National Wrestling Alliance...

Nic Nemeth: "Tonight ends the era of people like Matt Cardona, Matt Riddle, & Mustafa Ali. Why? Because after I'm done wiping the floor with this scrub, it's going to be THE NATURAL ERA!"
a2ggJ1N.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

YcKjJWv.jpg w/W96B7oO.gif VS f2CgrcZ.jpg
Nic Nemeth w/Salina de la Renta vs Shota Umino
After not getting a match for tonight's show, Nic Nemeth threatened to hold the National Wrestling Alliance hostage until he got a match. Nemeth eventually got his wish from NWA President Paul Heyman, but he's going to have to face one of New Japan Pro-Wrestling's hottest young stars, Shota Umino! This match was a good match and the crowd was solidly behind Shota. Shota starts things off by offering a handshake to Nic Nemeth. The show of respect was swiftly swatted away by Nemeth, who responded in-kind by flipping Shota off! Shota responded to the disrespect by hitting Nemeth with a stiff enzuigiri! Nemeth recoiled out of the ring and was forced to regroup with Salina de la Renta. After a bit of stalling, Nemeth got back in the ring and locked up with Shota. The rising NJPW star got the better of that exchange too, as he was able to hit Nemeth with a snap suplex, which once again forced "The Natural" to regroup on the outside. This time though, Shota didn't let that happen, as he ran off the ropes and took Nemeth out with a suicide dive! Shota then threw Nemeth back in the ring, but as he got the apron, Salina grabbed his leg! Before Shota could wiggle free, Nemeth charged at him and sent him flying into the ringside barricade! As Shota recovered on the outside, Nemeth took this time to taunt the crowd, yelling that he's "THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS!" Eventually, Nemeth grew tired of jawing with the crowd and went outside to grab Shota. That backfired though, as Shota grabbed Nemeth and threw him headfirst into the ring post. Nemeth staggered off the ring post, but walked right into a dropkick from Shota. Shota then threw Nemeth back in the ring before going to the top rope and hitting "The Natural" with a diving elbow drop. The match came to an end when Shota grabbed Nemeth and tried finishing him off with the Death Rider DDT (Cradle Double Underhook DDT), but had to drop Nemeth when Salina de la Renta jumped on the apron! Salina started arguing with referee Brian Gorie, which allowed Nemeth to sneak up from behind Shota and hit him with a low blow! As Shota keeled over in pain, Nemeth ran up from behind him and hit him with the Danger Zone! Nemeth then made the cover and got the win. "The Natural" got his shot at the Philly Special and, despite having to cheat to do it, got everything he wanted with a big win.
WINNER: Nic Nemeth
vWuXoE4.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

After that hellacious match, we cut to a video package hyping up the upcoming six-man Philly Street Fight between Matt Riddle, Alex Hammerstone, & Timothy Thatcher and The Samoan Dynasty. The video shows how Riddle defeated Jacob Fatu in the semifinals of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship Number One Contender's Tournament back in February. Riddle may have lost his eventual NWA World Heavyweight Championship match to Matt Cardona, but that was only the beginning of his story with Fatu. That's because Fatu & his cousins Lance Anoa'i & Zilla Fatu beat the living hell out of Riddle backstage at NWA Main Event back in early March! The Samoans thought they got rid of Riddle for good, all because he dared defeat Jacob in the tournament, but that was proven wrong when Riddle returned a few weeks later and nearly took all the Samoans out by himself! Riddle was out for blood now, he needed The Samoan Dynasty in a match to take them down once for all, though he needed a few "bros" to help him out. Enter Timothy Thatcher & Alex Hammerstone, two of the NWA's fiercest competitors. They agreed to help out Riddle in his fight against Jacob Fatu & his cousins in one of the most brutal matches one can compete in, a Philly Street Fight! Which team will walk out of Philadelphia with the win? We're about to find out!
kYjU3zj.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

Six-Man Philadelphia Street Fight:

Yx3SV9g.jpg1mquzcF.jpgy7z4pco.jpg

VS

7Vueu3d.jpgDNtBWGW.jpgr66EkBf.jpg
The Samoan Dynasty (Jacob Fatu, Lance Anoa'i, & Zilla Fatu) vs The Bro Squad (Matt Riddle, Timothy Thatcher, & Alex Hammerstone)
This match was a good match and the crowd was solidly behind Riddle & co. Jacob Fatu and his cousins made their way to the ring first, all three men carrying chairs. Meanwhile, Riddle, Thatcher, & Hammerstone made their way to the ring in their finest street clothes, all three men carrying chairs of their own. As the bell rung, all six men began swinging their chairs at each other and the chair war had begun! The Samoans got the best of that though, as all three of them blocked eventual chair shots and headbutted all of Riddle's team. Jacob Fatu then began directing his cousins, tasking Lance to deal with Thatcher and Zilla to deal with Hammerstone, leaving Riddle to himself. As the other four men began brawling on the outside, Fatu grabbed both his chair & Riddle's chair and tried swinging them at the "King of Bros." That failed though, as Riddle ducked it, ran off the ropes, and took out Jacob with a running high knee! Meanwhile, on the outside, Zilla & Lance began double-teaming Thatcher & Hammerstone. The four men began brawling in the crowd, but that's where the tables began to turn. That's because Hammerstone was able to grab a crutch that was handed to him from an injured fan and crack it over the back of Lance! Lance recoiled in pain, but at the same time, Thatcher took Zilla out with a stiff elbow smash. Back at the ring, Jacob saw on the video screen that his cousins were being taken out, so he started running to their aide, with Riddle hot on his tail. Eventually, all six men met up near the production area and started brawling. It looked like this one could go on forever, but that proved to be wrong as Riddle climbed his way to an overpass and dove onto all five other men! As the crowd chanted "HOLY SH*T! HOLY SH*T!," each competitor slowly made it back to their feet. Riddle and company grabbed each member of The Samoan Dynasty and tossed them back to the entrance ramp. The match came to an end when Riddle began brawling with Zilla Fatu, Jacob began brawling with Hammerstone, and Lance began brawling with Thatcher. As Riddle & Thatcher had their way with Zilla & Lance in the ring, Jacob & Hammerstone began fighting near the commentary table. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Jacob blocked a spinning backfist from Hammerstone and hit him with a Samoan Spike! Jacob then scooped up Hammerstone and sent him through the commentary table with a uranage!!! With Hammerstone out, Jacob slowly made his way back to the ring, just in time too, as Thatcher & Riddle were nearly done beating up Zilla & Lance. That all came to a halt when Jacob grabbed a chair and threw it in the ring, directly hitting Riddle in the side of the head! Jacob may not have drawn it up like that, but it was effective, sending Riddle crashing to the mat. As Riddle slumped over and medics began checking on him, Jacob rolled back in the ring and a 3-on-1 attack was about to start on Thatcher. Thatcher tried as hard as he could, but he just couldn't overcome the numbers game and eventually fell victim to a triple powerbomb from The Samoan Dynasty. Before Jacob decided to go for the cover, he decided to add a bit more insult to injury by telling Zilla & Lance to get a table. The two men obliged, went outside, grabbed a table, and slid it in the ring. After setting it up, Jacob went to the top rope and told Zilla & Lance to grab Thatcher and give him to Jacob. The two men obliged, giving Thatcher's lifeless body to Jacob, who picked him up in a fireman's carry position. Suddenly, Jacob jumped from the top rope, sending him & Thatcher through the table with a super Samoan Drop!!! The stunned crowd soon began chanting "HOLY SH*T! HOLY SH*T!" as Jacob made the cover and got the three! What a big win in such a brutal match for The Samoan Dynasty!
WINNERS: The Samoan Dynasty
yeDdwng.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

After that brutal match, we cut to a video hyping up our main event of the evening, the NWA World Heavyweight Championship match between the champ "The Main Event" Matt Cardona and "The Falcon" Mustafa Ali. The video shows the meteoric rise of Mustafa Ali in the National Wrestling Alliance, specifically his two pinfall wins over Matt Cardona. While his first win was only in a tag team match, he won that second match in a straight one-on-one contest, earning him this title match tonight. Cardona hasn't really taken Ali seriously, seemingly being more focused on whoever's behind several mysterious video messages that have been dogging Cardona in his recent run of matches. Will Matt Cardona be able to get his head on straight and make it past the first hurdle as NWA World Heavyweight Champion? Or will Mustafa Ali pick up his third straight win over Cardona and become the new champ? We're about to find out!
ITFcZLy.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

wIZkdp5.jpg

cAM3lUH.jpg VS VMVCSoz.jpg
This match was a good match and the crowd was solidly behind Ali. Both men soaked in the chants from the crowd to start things off. Ali basked in the "A-LI! A-LI! A-LI!" chants, while Cardona tried to drown out the "MID-CARDONA! MID-CARDONA!" chants. Cardona's arguing with the crowd allowed Ali to get the first strike in, hitting the champ with a big dropkick that sent Cardona crashing to the outside. As Cardona tried to get in an early breather, Ali ran off the ropes and hit him with a suicide dive! Cardona crashed into the front row as Ali kipped up and started firing up the crowd. Ali then grabbed Cardona from the front row and threw him back in the ring. As Ali tried attempting some sort of springboard maneuver, Cardona rushed the ropes, sending Ali tumbling to the inside of the ring. Cardona then started laying the boots into Ali, eventually finishing things off with a big gutwrench powerbomb. That only got a two count on the ensuing pinfall attempt, but Cardona wasn't deterred as he locked Ali in a single-leg Boston Crab. After a bit, Ali was able to reach the ropes, but Cardona kept the hold in until referee Mike Chioda threatened to disqualify him. Cardona tried grabbing Ali by his hair, but Ali caught him in a surprise small package! That only got a two count, but as soon as Cardona got back to his feet, he walked right into an enzuigiri from Ali. Cardona flopped to the mat, which allowed Ali to go to the top rope and hit the champ with a big moonsault! Ali made the cover, but was only able to get a two count. As Cardona stumbled back to his feet, Ali went to the apron and attempted a springboard hurricanrana. That failed though, as Cardona caught him with a big powerbomb! Cardona then attempted a cover, but was only able to get a two count. A frustrated Cardona slapped the mat in frustration and then started taking his anger out on Ali, slapping him a few times. Cardona then got in Ali's face, yelling "YOU'LL NEVER BE THE GUY, YOU ARE NOTHING!" before picking him up and attempting some sort of running powerslam. That failed though, as Ali was able to reverse it into a poison rana! The match came to an end when Ali went to the top rope and hit Cardona with the Falcon Flash!!! The crowd went wild as Ali made the cover...

1!

2!

MATT CARDONA GETS HIS FOOT ON THE ROPE AT 2.9!!!!

The crowd sighed in disappointment as Ali put his head in his hands in shock. Ali quickly shook that off though and went back to the top rope to attempt another Falcon Flash. This time though, Cardona was ready, and got his knees up as Ali landed on him! Ali crumpled in pain, which allowed Cardona to run up on him and hit him with the Radio Silence! Cardona then made the cover...

1!

2!

3!

Matt Cardona has retained the NWA World Heavyweight Championship after fighting a damn war against Mustafa Ali! It took everything in his arsenal, but Cardona has made his first successful defense of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship!
WINNER: Matt Cardona
MJ54aqA.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

cAM3lUH.jpg
After that hellacious match, Matt Cardona celebrated his victory as the crowd booed the living hell out of him. Eventually, Cardona grabbed a microphone and told the crowd "AND THAT'S WHY NONE OF YOU WILL EVER BE AS GOOD AS ME! DAMN IT'S GOOD TO BE THE CHA-"

All of a sudden, the lights went out! After a pregnant pause, we heard a weird message reverberate throughout the Liacouras Center...

"Out of time...

So say goodbye...

What is yours...

Now it's mine"

The video screen above the entrance ramp lit up with another cryptic message. Though this time, the message was loud and clear...

TFVqpIr.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_hEEKPG-SA

DR8dP0V.jpg
IT'S DREW GALLOWAY!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS DREW GALLOWAY DOING IN THE NATIONAL WRESTLING ALLIANCE?!?!?

The crowd exploded as the world-travelled superstar slowly made his way down to the ring. Cardona grabbed his microphone, but before he could say anything, Galloway charged at him and hit him with his patented Claymore Kick (Running Single-leg Dropkick)! As the crowd chanted "GALL-O-WAY! GALL-O-WAY!" Drew cracked a grin and grabbed the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. He then got in Cardona's face and told him "WE'LL MEET AGAIN VERY SOON MATT!" before throwing the title on his lifeless body. Galloway then fired up the crowd before getting on the top rope and hitting his pose. The NWA Philly Special came to a close as Galloway stood tall with the crowd chanting his name.
Txjc4cq.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

IlSUs3H.jpg

• Like 4

RJL26sc.jpg

HEYMAN'S HUSTLE- APRIL 8th, 2024

BdEA3yO.jpg

-Ok, I'll get to the Philly Special later, but first I gotta mention it...

WHY THE F*CK DID HUNTER AND WWE HAVE CODY RHODES LOSE TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW TO ROMAN REIGNS AT WRESTLEMANIA?!?!?

-I know I'm just talking to myself here, but who can believe that shit booking? When someone on the creative team told me that the plan for Wrestlemania 40 was for Roman Reigns to pin Cody Rhodes in singles matches two nights in a row and the last one being clean as a whistle, I thought they were just pulling my leg. But nope! That same guy told me that Dwayne might have had something to do with it, with Cody losing two nights in a row as revenge for the fans forcing The Rock out of his Wrestlemania match with Roman. The story doesn't matter. Cody Rhodes is officially buried, no ifs ands or buts. Honestly, the only way he can recover from this is if he leaves the company again. And I'm not just saying that because I want him to join the National Wrestling Alliance. You don't lose in the main event of the biggest show of the year two nights in a row and expect to keep that same level of support you had going into it. It's just so f*cked and it's a damn shame it happened to one of the better guys in the business.

-Whew, needed to get that out of my system. Alright, onto the Philly Special. The show got overshadowed by Wrestlemania, which I knew was going to happen. That's why we chose to do what we did in the main event. We needed to get our name out there on the busiest weekend of the professional wrestling year and we did just that. More on that later.

-Violence is Forever and The Von Erichs are money in the ring. Not only did they get the crowd hot to start the show, they also left them wanting more. That's exactly what they're going to get too, as both teams each hold on a win and a rubber match is certain to take place in the next few weeks.

-What can I say? Mansoor & Madden just get this business. They know how to combine comedy and in-ring talent, which is a rare skill to have in wrestling nowadays. I know I've gotten some messages on my phone from some former NWA tag team stars that will remain unnamed (*cough* *cough* Robert Gibson *cough* *cough* Ricky Morton *cough* *cough*) saying that they're devaluing the belts, but screw 'em, MxM just get it.

-Like I said last time, Mercedes Mone is THE star of the women's division until proven otherwise. Though I've been on the phone with some people who might have something to say about that. Stay tuned...

-I don't really watch that much NJPW, but from what I have seen, I've really been impressed by this Shota Umino kid. Nemeth was impressed with him during his tours of NJPW earlier this year too, so I had to bring him in. He endeared himself pretty well to the locker room and is welcome back any time. It also helps that he put on a pretty good outing with Nemeth, but still. That kid's got promise, maybe one day he'll be facing people like Hiroshi Tanahashi for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship and then facing his friend-turned-enemy who turned on him after his match with Tanahashi. That might just be my fanfiction talking though.

-I went back and forth on who was going to win the Philly Street Fight. On one hand, Riddle, Thatcher, & Hammerstone are all established guys, while Lance Anoa'i & Zilla Fatu are trying to get there. On the other hand, I felt like The Samoan Dynasty needed that win. Jacob's going to be a star, no doubt about it. If he can drag his cousins up there with him, the more power to him.

-Was there a part of me that would put the NWA World Title on Mustafa Ali? No. Not at the Philly Special, but maybe in the future. That kid's got a connection with the fans that really can't be replicated. Props to Matt Cardona too, he was a really effective foil for him and continued to prove why I put the ten pounds of gold on him in the first place.

-DREW GALLOWAY IS IN THE NATIONAL WRESTLING ALLIANCE! Yeah I'm a bit shocked too! His contract with WWE expired back in March and didn't want to renew it. AEW tried offering him a contract, but he said he only wanted a deal with a company that would give some time off to spend with his family back in Scotland. Turns out we were the only company to offer that, so he's been back home in Scotland for the last month. Now Galloway's officially in the National Wrestling Alliance and he's going to have a live microphone on Thursday for NWA Main Event to say anything he wants!

• Like 3

DREW! DREW! DREW! DREW! DREW! DREW! DREW! DREW! DREW! DREW!

Great to see you still around man, and Drew's debut was a shock to me! I had predicted a few different guys in my head, but not Drew!!

As others have said, he's probably the number two heel in WWE right now (behind Roman etc). Just excellent work for the last 6-12 months. DM Hunk has arrived!

• Like 1

z030pEj.jpg

NWA Main Event- April 11th, 2024

We started off this exciting edition of NWA Main Event with a recap video of last Friday's NWA Philly Special. From the symphony of destruction that was the 6-Man Philly Street Fight to the hellacious NWA World Heavyweight Title Match to the shocking debut of Drew Galloway, the Philly Special was one event that will not soon be forgotten! After that recap video ended and Mauro & Josh welcomed us to tonight's show, we went straight into the fire as...

DR8dP0V.jpg

Drew Galloway appeared!

The Philadelphia crowd exploded as "The Scottish Psycopath" made his way down to the ring with a microphone. After taking a few minutes to soak in the "DREW! DREW! DREW!" chants, Galloway started to speak. Galloway thanked the crowd tonight and last Friday for the warm welcome, because this was years in the making. Galloway then explained why he came to the National Wrestling Alliance...

Drew Galloway: "For far too long, I was looked over in favor of wannabe yes men and guys who didn't deserve to be in the same ring as I did. And if you think this is just sour grapes and I'm just the only guy who's ever complained about this, let me point you to a man who tried to make his own story and got his lights snuffed out two nights in a row in front of 70,000 people!"

The crowd popped for that line about a certain nightmare-ish wrestler, but Galloway soon circled back to the main reason why he was here...

Galloway: "It just so happens that one of those types of men is your NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Matt Cardona! I was hoping that someone with more honor, someone who deserved the NWA World Heavyweight Championship like Mustafa Ali would win the belt from you Matt, but of course you wouldn't let it go so easily. So that's where I step in. I'm coming for that NWA World Heavyweight Championship and I won't stop until that title is around the waist of a man who deserves it!"

Galloway then threw the mic down to a huge pop from the crowd. What a hell of a way to start this edition of NWA Main Event!

p2tjyzx.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

nsk6SIG.jpg w/DLhpPbJ.gif VS TEfjBjh.jpg w/C29F3nX.gif

EJ Nduka w/Paul Heyman vs WARHORSE w/BOOGZ
"The Judge" EJ Nduka made his NWA debut last month in dominating fashion. With Paul Heyman by his side as his "advocate," Nduka destroyed the two man duo of Turbo Floyd & Truth Magnum in just under a minute. Now he faces a bit tougher competition in one half of HEAVY METAL MAYHEM, WARHORSE! This match was a decent match and the crowd was solidly behind WARHORSE. BOOGZ got the crowd fired up with a bit of guitar work (finally getting an amplifier after months of air guitaring), but that quickly stopped when Nduka rolled outside, grabbed BOOGZ's guitar, and broke it clean in half! The crowd booed Nduka mercilessly, but that stopped when WARHORSE ran off the ropes and hit Nduka with a plancha! WARHORSE quickly rolled Nduka back in the ring and attempted a cover, but Nduka kicked out before referee Brian Gorie even counted to one. WARHORSE then tried putting the boots to Nduka, but that was snuffed out when Nduka grabbed his leg and hit him with a dragon screw leg whip. Nduka then threw WARHORSE off the ropes and hit him with a big boot before scooping him up and running across the ring to hit a running powerslam. Nduka then hit WARHORSE with three consecutive powerbombs before going for the pin. However, before Gorie could count the three, Nduka broke the pin, eager to inflict more pain. The match came to an end when Nduka picked up WARHORSE, wrapped his hands around his neck, and lifted him high in the air before slamming him down to the mat with a huge Chokeslam! Not content with that, Nduka did it again and then a third time! Mercifully, Nduka made the cover and got the three.
WINNER: EJ Nduka

xVFJehN.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

x81Jqmz.jpg1d8J0UR.jpg

After that dominant win, we cut to the Von Erich Ranch in Boerne, Texas, where Ross & Marshall Von Erich are training with their dad Kevin. Their normal training session suddenly does a complete 180 when Ross & Marshall suddenly begin seriously getting into it! Kevin is eventually forced to break it up, yelling at his two sons, "WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU TWO!?!?" Ross apologizes first, telling Kevin that him & Marshall just haven't been thinking straight since their loss to Violence is Forever back at the Philly Special. Marshall echoes Ross's wrods, telling his dad that they must be in some sort of funk. Kevin then looked at both of them and told them to take a seat. Kevin then began telling his kids the story of their uncles Kerry & David Von Erich. Kevin explained how David was supposed to win the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, but sadly died before he could. Did the Von Erichs give up after that? No! Kerry Von Erich stepped up and won the NWA World Heavyweight Championship a few months later. Kevin then tied it all up by saying that he & his brothers didn't give up after life threw them a curveball, so neither should Ross & Marshall. Ross & Marshall smile and then tell their dad what they're going to do...

Ross Von Erich: "Thanks dad for the history lesson, I know exactly what we're going to do."

Marshall Von Erich: "We're going to get our hands on Violence is Forever one last time to settle the score! Then we're going to get our hands on those arrogant clowns Mansoor & Mason Madden and win those NWA World Tag Team Titles!"

Kevin Von Erich: "That's my boys!"

06bRKc9.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

Non-Title Match:

okfFjAB.jpg VS PBDFUBt.jpg
Mercedes Mone vs Xia Brookside
After defeating both members of Pretty Powerful at the Philly Special last week, Mercedes Mone decided to issue a non-title open challenge to anyone in the locker room for tonight. That challenge was accepted by the young second-generation star Xia Brookside! This match was a decent match and the crowd was solidly behind Mone. Xia tried to start things off respectfully by offering Mone a handshake, but Mone blew her off, telling her "WE'RE NOT IN THE SAME LEAGUE KID!" Xia responded by blasting Mone with a forearm smash, which sent the NWA World Women's Champion crashing into the corner. Xia didn't let her foot off the gas, climbing on top of the cornered Mone and unleashing a barrage of punches onto her. Eventually, Mone was able to shove her off and hit her with a spinning heel kick to regain control. Mone then began working over Xia's back, hitting her with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Mone then started stomping the living hell out of Xia's back, which only stopped when referee Robert King threatened to disqualify Mone after Xia reached the ropes. Mone tried to go back on the offensive, but Xia kicked her away and hit her with a discus lariat. Xia then threw Mone off the ropes and hit her with big back body drop. The match came to an end when Xia locked Mone in an armbar! Mone desperately clawed for the ropes, but Xia managed to drag her back to the center of the ring! With Mone realizing that her arm was about to break if she wasn't able to escape the hold, she gathered up her strength and rolled over Xia. With Xia not realizing her shoulders were on the mat, referee Robert King counted the one, the two, and the three! Mone just got pushed to her limit by Xia Brookside, but is walking out tonight the winner!
WINNER: Mercedes Mone
p2tjyzx.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

okfFjAB.jpg    PBDFUBt.jpg

After that hellacious match, both Mercedes Mone & Xia Brookside were left in a state of confusion, with Xia not realizing that she lost and Mone wondering if her arm was injured. Eventually though, both women accepted the reality of the situation, Xia had pushed Mone to her absolute limit and the champ was lucky enough to pull out the win tonight. As Xia tried to leave the ring and sulk in her loss, Mone stopped her. Xia angrily looked up, only to see that Mone had extended a hand to her. Xia and Mone then exchanged a handshake and a hug, with Xia leaving the ring to a chorus of "XIA! XIA! XIA!" chants from the Philadelphia crowd. Mone's music then hit as she celebrated in the ring, but all of a sudden, her music began getting choppy and slowed down. Suddenly, the lights went out! In the midst of the darkness, the video screen above the entrance ramp illuminated. There we saw some mysterious messages...

G44D2M7.png

bNxD5Ag.png

RTgpvHo.png

The lights came back on and standing in the ring with Mone was a mysterious masked individual! Mone turned around, only to be sprayed with some sort of green mist! The individual took off their mask to reveal...

wKMigk2.jpg

GIULIA!

International superstar Giulia has just attacked Mercedes Mone! Giulia began beating the living hell out of Mone as the crowd began booing the hell out of her. After a minute of ground-and-pound action, Giulia scooped Mone up and hit her with a big brainbuster! Not content with that though, Giulia threw Mone's lifeless body to the outside, with Giulia following quickly behind her. With security trying to rush down to the ring, Giulia hoisted up Mone and hit her with a dangerous apron brainbuster!!! The crowd exploded in "HOLY SH*T! HOLY SH*T!" chants as medics rushed the ring and began to tend to Mone. All Giulia did was laugh, telling Mone in Italian that "THE END IS HERE!"
sRfObMJ.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

RJL26sc.jpg

After that brutal assault and a quick commercial break, we cut to the offices of NWA President Paul Heyman. Heyman introduced himself, as customary, and said that tonight he was coming on the airwaves with some very special news. Heyman then reached into one of his desk drawers and pulled out what appeared to be some sort of genie's lamp that wouldn't have looked out of place in Aladdin. Heyman says that the National Wrestling Alliance prides itself on being an innovator in the professional wrestling industry and that's exactly what's going to happen at next month's Hard Times event in Dallas, Texas...

6Kk0CXj.jpg

Paul Heyman: "This right here on my desk is going to be up for grabs in a six-man ladder match at Hard Times. Six of the best wrestlers in the National Wrestling Alliance will be fighting not just for this genie's lamp, but what comes with it too. Because the winner of the match will get three "wishes" for whatever they want. Whether they want a title match, a match with anyone on the roster, the power to be a referee, whatever they want, they'll get if they win the first ever Genie's Lamp Ladder Match at Hard Times!"

Heyman finishes by saying that the qualifying matches begin tonight and wishes everyone the best of luck in their quest to qualify.
AStNNvA.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

Genie's Lamp Ladder Match Qualifier:

3pjc5p0.jpg w/hQG8UHg.gifETEyWcI.gif VS DNtBWGW.jpg
Jacob Fatu w/Lance Anoa'i & Zilla Fatu vs Timothy Thatcher
Jacob Fatu and the Samoan Dynasty are riding high following their big win in the Philly Street Fight over Matt Riddle, Alex Hammerstone, & Timothy Thatcher at the Philly Special. Jacob won that match and sending himself and Thatcher through a table with a super Samoan Drop, so now Thatcher's looking to get some revenge and qualify for the Genie's Lamp Ladder Match in the process. This match was a good match and the crowd was solidly behind Thatcher. The bell rang as Thatcher exploded out of the gate, sending Jacob crashing to the outside with a big running shotgun dropkick! As Jacob tried to regroup with the rest of the Samoan Dynasty on the outside, Thatcher ran off the ropes and took out Jacob with a baseball slide. Thatcher then rolled outside to deal with Jacob, but, as Lance dealt with referee Mike Chioda, Zilla blasted Thatcher with a lariat! Jacob then threw Thatcher back in the ring, went to the top rope, and hit Thatcher with a big frog splash. Jacob went for the cover, but was only able to get a two count. Jacob then threw Thatcher off the ropes and attempted the Wrecking Ball, but Thatcher was able to hold onto Jacob's neck and lock him in a guillotine choke! Jacob desperately clawed for the ropes, but Thatcher kept wrenching the hold in. Eventually though, Jacob was able to gather up enough strength to get up and break the choke by hitting Thatcher with a big suplex. The match came to an end when Thatcher tried to reapply the guilotine choke, but Jacob caught him with an uppercut. Jacob then followed that up by hitting Thatcher with the Samoan Spike! Jacob then lifted up Thatcher, threw him off the ropes, and hit him with the Wrecking Ball! Jacob then made the cover and got the three to become the first man to qualify for the Genie's Lamp Ladder Match. As Main Event came to a close, Jacob stood tall in the ring, screaming out to the crowd "BOW DOWN TO YOUR SAMOAN KING!"
WINNER: Jacob Fatu
yeDdwng.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

lWb1TIf.jpg

TV Rating: 0.11 (89,110 Viewers on Fox Sports 2)

• Like 4

z030pEj.jpg

NWA Main Event- April 18th, 2024

Welcome everyone to another exciting edition of NWA Main Event live on Fox Sports 2! Mauro Ranallo & Josh Barnett welcome everyone to the show and run down the big night ahead. We're just three weeks away from Hard Times and things are only getting hotter, so let's get right into the show!

cAM3lUH.jpg
We're kicking things off tonight with the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, "Main Event" Matt Cardona! Cardona enters the ring, microphone in hand, to a chorus of jeers from the Philadelphia crowd. After a few seconds of soaking in the crowd, Cardona told them to shut up because the greatest wrestler in the world is about to talk. Cardona says that he's not just patting himself on the back with that, because who else in the National Wrestling Alliance can drag a crybaby like Drew Galloway down from his wilderness in Scotland or wherever the hell he lives all the way down to the National Wrestling Alliance! Cardona then addresses what Drew said about him last week, calling Drew a crybaby who couldn't cut it up north and sure as hell can't cut it in the National Wrestling Alliance! Cardona then gets to his point, the main reason why he came out here to kick off the show...

Matt Cardona: "Enough waffling, Drew, I'm feeling generous. After beating that schmuck Mustafa Ali, I feel like there's nobody in the world that can take this ten pounds of gold off of my waist. So Drew, I'll feed your ego. I'll give you an NWA World Heavyweight Championship match at Hard Times! Consider it a gift from a man who's made it further than you before and will make it further than you ever will!"
MJ54aqA.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

No DQ Tornado Tag Team Match:

1d8J0UR.jpgx81Jqmz.jpg VS 1Lrheve.jpgC5Bh9y2.jpg
Back on the very first episode of Main Event, The Von Erichs defeated VIF with a quick roll-up. Then earlier this month at the Philly Special, VIF got their win back after their manager Dan Lambert interfered. Now they meet in a No Disqualifications Tornado Tag Team Match to settle the score once and for all! This match was a decent match and the crowd was solidly behind The Von Erichs. We started things off hot as Ross & Marshall got the first blow after throwing a pair of garbage cans they brought to the ring right in the faces of Kevin Ku & Dominic Garrini! As VIF recoiled in pain, Ross & Marshall jumped both of them with Thesz presses and started unloading a barrage of punches onto them. That only stopped when Ross & Marshall decided to roll to the outside and grab some more weapons. As the brothers grabbed some chairs, they were stopped by Ku & Garrini, who took both men out with stereo baseball slides. Ku then focused his attention on Marshall, while Garrini took the fight to Ross. Ku was able to take down Marshall with a series of quick kicks, while Garrini threw Ross headfirst into the ringside steps. The two VIF teammates then met up and teamed up to take down Ross with a double chokeslam. Just as VIF were about to finish off Ross with the Chasing the Dragon, in came Marshall, who went to the top rope with a steel chair. Suddenly, Marshall came flying off the top rope, steel chair in tow, taking out both Ku & Garrini! The match came to an end when Marshall threw his chair right into the head of Ku, taking him out of the match. Garrini then tried charging at Ross, who dodged him after Marshall gave him a well-timed warning. Garrini then turned around right into the Iron Claw from Ross! Garrini tried escaping, but eventually had no choice but to tap out! The Von Erichs have settled the score with VIF, getting the big win in a brutal match!
WINNERS: The Von Erichs
sRfObMJ.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

After that hellacious match, we cut to a video recapping what happened last week between the NWA World Women's Champion Mercedes Mone and the debuting Giulia. The video shows how Mone narrowly defeated the upstart Xia Brookside, but was then blindsided by the debuting Japanese superstar Giulia. Giulia beat the living hell out of the champ, eventually finishing her assault with a big brainbuster to the ring apron.

wKMigk2.jpg
We then cut to a video of Giulia in Japan's STARDOM promotion. As we footage of her destroying her fellow competitors, we hear a voiceover from her in Japanese (subtitled for the Yanks in English). Giulia says that last week was just the beginning of the end for Mercedes Mone, because winning the NWA World Women's Champion is Giulia's "destiny." Giulia says that last week should have taught Mone a very important lesson, you cannot get in the way of destiny and if you do, you end up with your head getting splatted on the ring apron. Giulia finishes by announcing her next step in ending Mone's title reign...

Giulia (in Japanese): "But first Mercedes, I need to take care of that woman who pushed you to your limit last week. That pesky child Xia Brookside. Yes, she will be my first victim on the road to my destiny. So remember this Mercedes and Xia, destiny is inevitable, your fates have already been sealed, your eternity is about to end!"
06bRKc9.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

iZsYEc0.jpg
NWA World Television Championship Match/Genie's Lamp Ladder Match Qualifier:

V9C81Nc.jpg VS smRVeoR.jpg w/C7nS6oB.gif
Bryan Keith (C) vs Tankman w/Bojack
Bryan Keith is finally back from his injury! He may be rushing himself though as if he didn't defend the title by tonight, he would have been stripped of it and lost all his progress towards a shot at the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Even worse for Keith, he has to get through the monstrous Tankman! At least for him there's an opportunity to advance to the big Genie's Lamp Ladder Match at Hard Times if he wins tonight! This match was a decent match and the crowd was solidly behind Tankman. Tankman started things off by charging at the champ and taking him down with a big lariat. Tankman then ran off the ropes and hit Keith wih a big senton that took the wind out of the champ. As Keith writhed in pain on the ground, Tankman picked him up and hit him with a big powerslam. The ensuing pinfall attempt only got a two count from referee Justin King. Tankman then tried finishing things off early with the Tank Driver, but Keith was able to escape after raking Tankman's eyes. As Tankman tried to get his vision back into focus, Keith sent him crashing to the outside with a dropkick to the back of the head. Tankman tried to recover on the outside, but Keith went to the top rope and launched himself at Tankman with a diving crossbody. That failed though as Tankman caught him and hit him with a big fallaway slam on the outside! Tankman then threw Keith back in the ring, but as he tried entering the ring, Keith kipped up and hit a baseball slide to Tankman's legs, which sent the big man crashing to the apron. Keith then decided to borrow a move from a certain viper-ish wrestler and hit Tankman with a rope-hung DDT! The match came to an end when Keith tried hitting Tankman with the Thrill of the Hunt, but Tankman's huge size was too much for the still-injured Keith to deadlift. Because of that, Tankman was able to reverse the maneuver into an attempted running powerslam. I say attempted because Keith was able to wiggle out of that, roll Tankman into a small package, grab the tights, and get the three! Bryan Keith has escaped this match with a win, his third defense of the NWA World Television Championship (and his third win in the Lucky Seven), and a spot in the Genie's Lamp Ladder Match at Hard Times! Not bad for a cheap win if I say so myself.
WINNER: Bryan Keith
a2ggJ1N.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

RJL26sc.jpg
After a quick commercial break, we cut to the office of NWA President Paul Heyman, who's talking with someone on the phone about a potential contract offer. Just as Heyman wraps up his conversation, he hears his door opening and standing on the other side is...

DR8dP0V.jpg
Drew Galloway!

Galloway makes himself at home, shaking hands with Heyman and taking a seat. Galloway thanks Heyman for letting him come in to get his hands on Matt Cardona and the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Heyman says he appreciates Galloway's kind words and says that he'll get his hands on Cardona at Hard Times, but he does have some strings attached to that match. Heyman says that Cardona did indeed give Galloway a title match for Hard Times, but under two conditions: 1) Galloway cannot lay his hands on Cardona until the show and 2) Galloway must defeat a member of the NWA roster before he gets his title match. Galloway initially balks at both of those requests, telling Heyman that it seems like Cardona's the man running the place around here instead of Heyman. Galloway eventually relents though and asks Heyman who he'll have to face in order to get his hands on Cardona. Just as Galloway asks it, we hear a booming voice enter the room...

"That's me Drew!"

3pjc5p0.jpghQG8UHg.gifETEyWcI.gif
It's Jacob Fatu & the Samoan Dynasty!

Fatu says that he and Mr. Cardona have made an agreement. Jacob says that he's going to be Drew Galloway's first opponent next week on Main Event and if Fatu wins, he'll get Galloway's NWA World Title match at Hard Times! Heyman interjects, saying that he hasn't made anything official, to which Jacob responds by telling him to shut up because he & Cardona have already agreed to it. Galloway smirks and says that he has experience dealing with Jacob's family and is more than happy to kick some more Samoan ass next week! Jacob laughs a little and says that Galloway may have dealt with some tribal chiefs before, but he's never had to deal with a Samoan King! Jacob and the rest of The Samoan Dynasty walk out as Galloway tells Heyman that he really has to get his show under control.
sRfObMJ.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

YcKjJWv.jpg tj8YzTN.jpg
We then cut to the Harley Position, where Nic Nemeth and Salina de la Renta are getting ready for Nic's main event Genie's Lamp Ladder Match Qualifier against Alex Hammerstone. Nemeth says that two weeks ago at the Philly Special, he showed the world why he's "The Natural'' when he wiped the floor with Shota Umino. Nemeth says that what happened to Shota was only a taste of what's to come for the rest of the National Wrestling Alliance, because he's going to win the Genie's Lamp Ladder Match at Hard Times and put the entire National Wrestling Alliance under his-

r66EkBf.jpg
Suddenly, Nemeth is bumped from behind by his opponent for tonight, Alex Hammerstone!

Nemeth angrily asks Hammerstone what the hell he's doing, to which Hammerstone responds by saying that he was getting tired of Nemeth's yapping! Hammerstone gives Nemeth some credit, saying that his win over Shota Umino at the Philly Special was impressive, but that was what, his first win since February? Hammerstone says that while Nemeth was busy trying to hold the National Wrestling Alliance hostage, he was busy going to war with his brothers Riddle & Thatcher against The Samoan Dynasty. Hammerstone says that they may have come up short, they at least didn't have to use a wannabe OnlyFans model to defeat their opponents! Salina de la Renta snapped at Hammerstone following that remark, yelling at him in Spanish, to which Hammerstone responded by telling Nemeth to calm his chick down, because she's definitely not going to like what he's about to do to him in the ring! Hammerstone then gave a quick laugh before making his entrance as Nemeth and Salina stewed in the back.
sRfObMJ.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

Genie's Lamp Ladder Match Qualifer:

r66EkBf.jpg VS YcKjJWv.jpg w/W96B7oO.gif
Alex Hammerstone vs Nic Nemeth w/Salina de la Renta
As Hammerstone mentioned a few moments ago, himself, Riddle, & Thatcher came up just short in the Philly Street Fight against the Samoan Dynasty at the Philly Special. Meanwhile, Nemeth is hot off of a win against NJPW's own Shota Umino at the same event (albeit with some help from Salina de la Renta). Now, both men look to set their sights on the Genie's Lamp Ladder Match at Hard Times! This match was a good match and the crowd was solidly behind Hammerstone. Nemeth, who was still fuming over Hammerstone's choice words towards him & Salina, charged at Hammerstone to kick things off, unloading a barrage of punches onto him. That stopped pretty quickly though, as Hammerstone was able to kick him away and take him out with a big running big boot! Nemeth stumbled back to his feet, but walked right into a scoop slam from Hammerstone, who then ran off the ropes and hit Nemeth with a running knee drop. Hammerstone then scooped up Nemeth and launched him across the ring with a military press slam. Hammerstone then went for the cover, but Nemeth managed to kick out at two. Hammerstone then tried finishing Nemeth off with the Nightmare Pendulum, but Nemeth reversed it into a jumping DDT. Nemeth then slowed things down, working over Hammerstone's legs before transitioning his simple leg lock into a Figure Four Leglock. Hammerstone was able to reach the ropes, but Nemeth kept the hold in until referee Mike Chioda threatened to disqualify him. Nemeth let the hold go, but attempted a cheap shot. That failed though, as Hammerstone blocked it and hit Nemeth with a uranage! The match came to an end when Hammerstone threw Nemeth off the ropes, dodged a rebound lariat from Nemeth, ran off the ropes, and hit Nemeth with a big spear!!! Hammerstone made the cover, but before Mike Chioda could count the three, Salina de la Renta put Nemeth's foot on the ropes! As Chioda argued with Salina, Nemeth was able to get to his feet and hit Hammerstone with a low blow! Hammerstone keeled over in pain, but was soon stopped by Nemeth, who hit Hammerstone with the Danger Zone! Nemeth then made the cover and got the three. Nic Nemeth has become the third entrant to the Genie's Lamp Ladder Match at Hard Times, defeating Alex Hammerstone in a hard-fought match (albeit with a punch below the belt and some help with Salina de la Renta). Main Event comes to a close as Nemeth and Salina stand tall in the ring, with Nemeth proclaiming this as the "Era of The Natural!"
WINNER: Nic Nemeth
MJ54aqA.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

OoEYa8k.jpg

TV Rating: 0.11 (89,083 Viewers on Fox Sports 2)

• Like 4

z030pEj.jpg

NWA Main Event- April 25th, 2024

It's time for another exciting episode of NWA Main Event! The final Main Event of April kicks off with Mauro Ranallo and Josh Barnett running down the card for tonight. With a Genie's Lamp Ladder Match Qualifier and the debuts of Giulia & Drew Galloway, we're in for one hell of a night of action! Let's get right into our opening contest...

7Vueu3d.jpg VS 1mquzcF.jpg w/ETEyWcI.gif
Matt Riddle vs Lance Anoa'i w/Zilla Fatu
Riddle was last seen at the Philly Special, where he lost (alongside Timothy Thatcher & Alex Hammerstone) to Lance, Zilla, & Jacob Fatu in a brutal Philly Street Fight. It looks like Riddle's not done with The Samoan Dynasty though, as he's fighting one of Jacob's cousins Lance Anoa'i tonight in a Genie's Lamp Ladder Match Qualifier. This match was a good match and the crowd was solidly behind Riddle. Riddle's laid-back attitude was completely missing from this one, as he charged as Anoa'i to start things off, taking him out with a running high knee. Riddle then started unloading a barrage of punches onto Lance, only stopping when referee Brian Gorie threatened to disqualify him. Riddle then tried to re-mount Lance, but Lance caught him with a well-timed thumb to the eye to regain control. Lance then ran off the ropes and took out Riddle with a flying shoulder tackle, which sent Riddle crashing to the outside. Lance then started getting into it with Gorie, which allowed Zilla Fatu on the outside to get a few cheap shots in on Riddle! Zilla then threw Riddle back in the ring, where he got hit with a running diving headbutt from Lance. The match came to an end when Lance tried throwing Riddle off the ropes and hitting him with a spinebuster, which Riddle reversed into a Rear Naked Choke! Lance clawed for the ropes, but was eventually saved by Zilla, who got on the apron to distract Gorie. Seeing this, Riddle released the hold and hit Zilla with a big bicycle kick! As Riddle went back to attack Lance, Lance tried hitting him with a lariat, which Riddle ducked. Riddle then quickly locked Lance in the Rear Naked Choke! Lance tried for the ropes, but eventually had no choice but to tap out! Matt Riddle has scored a win over his Samoan rivals and qualified for the Genie's Lamp Ladder Match all at the same time!
WINNER: Matt Riddle
IlSUs3H.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

yeoGnyy.jpge9Wtwvi.jpg
After that heated match, we cut to a pre-recorded video at a dance club in Los Angeles, California. There we see our NWA World Tag Team Champions, Mansoor & Mason Madden, MxM! We see the champs having a good night on the town, celebrating their successful defense of the titles at the Philly Special over the Dreadlock Demolition Machines of Bojack & Tankman. After the two finish their dancing and boasting about their win at the Philly Special, we hear a loud *record scratch* and the music & dancing suddenly stop. Why? Because...

1d8J0UR.jpgx81Jqmz.jpg
The Von Erichs have entered the building!

Ross & Marshall Von Erich, who couldn't have looked more out of place with their cowboy hats and boots, entered the club to silence from the club crowd. Mansoor laughed at first, asking Ross & Marshall what the hell they were doing here. Before he could do any more sh*t talking, he was interrupted by Marshall, who told him to shut the hell up! Ross interrupts his brother before him & Mansoor can come to blows, saying that he & Marshall are here to issue a challenge to the champs. Ross says that he & Marshall showed their worth last week when they beat Violence is Forever in a brutal No DQ tag team match. Marshall butts in, saying that they showed why they deserve another crack at the NWA World Tag Team Titles, especially after the stunts Mansoor & Madden pulled in their first match back at Revolution. Madden & Mansoor feigned ignorance at Marshall's recalling of MxM's cheating and said that they would think about giving the two "Pig Boys" a match for the gold. That set Marshall off, saying that he & his brother wanted to know right now if they had a match for Hard Times. As Ross tried to calm Marshall down, he was hit from behind by some sort of selfie stick! As Ross crumbled to the floor, the camera panned over to reveal the assailant...

At9NAQG.jpg
It's Breeze!

The man known as "Prince Pretty" flashed a devilish grin as Madden & Mansoor put the boots to Marshall and Ross. After another selfie stick shot to Ross, Madden & Mansoor hit the elder Von Erich with The Centerfold on the dance floor! Madden then got in the brothers' faces, saying that he would like to introduce them to MxM's new "image consultant," Breeze! Breeze then interjected, finishing by saying that this attack was absolutely "gorgeous" and that MxM would deliver a "beautiful beatdown" on The Von Erichs at Hard Times.
zjb17fD.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

RJL26sc.jpg
After that brawl on the dance floor, we cut to the office of NWA President Paul Heyman. Heyman introduces himself in his usual customary way before saying that he had another major announcement to make about Hard Times. After recapping his last big announcement of the Genie's Lamp Ladder Match for the event, Heyman says that he's introducing another first-of-its-kind match for Hard Times. It's a 4-Way Global Invitational Match! Heyman then explains further...

Paul Heyman: "The 4-Way Global Invitational is an opportunity for four wrestlers from around the world to showcase their talents in front of the ever-growing National Wrestling Alliance audience. Now, the NWA is all about showcasing the best of the best, so the winner of this 4-way match will receive an NWA contract so they can keep showing their best for years to come! The participants in the match will be revealed next week and the week after, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for news."

Heyman finishes by boasting more about the Global Invitational, but he's cut off by a phone call, which he says he "has to answer" and that the person on the other line is "someone I never thought would give me a call." We then cut to a commercial before Heyman can identify who that person is.
KbIBjYA.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

wKMigk2.jpg VS PBDFUBt.jpg
Giulia vs Xia Brookside
The Japanese sensation Giulia made her NWA debut a few weeks ago, attacking NWA World Women's Champion Mercedes Mone after her grueling match with Xia Brookside. Giulia showed no mercy, hitting Mone with an apron brainbuster and then promising both Mone & Xia that their fates were sealed! This match was a decent match and the crowd was solidly behind Xia. Xia charged at Giulia to start things off but was immediately met with a spinning heel kick for her troubles. Giulia then threw Xia into the corner and just started unloading on the second generation star with a bevy of kicks. Giulia didn't let up, locking Xia in some sort of STF submission. Xia was able to grab the ropes, but Giulia kept the hold on until referee Justin King threatened to disqualify her. Giulia relented, only to hit Xia with a spin kick that nearly knocked her out! Giulia then made the cover, but while she easily could have gotten the three, Giulia broke the count herself, wanting to inflict more punishment. That almost backfired though, as when Giulia set up Xia for some sort of gutwrench powerbomb, Xia rolled through it and caught Giulia in a small package! That got a two count though and as Xia got back to her feet, she was met with a big superkick from Giulia. The match came to an end when Giulia shouted out in Italian "END! OF! ETERNITY!" and locked Xia in her finisher, the End of Eternity (Double Omoplata Crossface). Xia, not wanting to risk any further damage, tapped out almost immediately. Giulia has won her debut match in dominant fashion, destroying the woman who took Mercedes Mone to her limit not even two weeks ago!
WINNER: Giulia
xVFJehN.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

wKMigk2.jpg    PBDFUBt.jpg
Despite getting the win, Giulia was not done with Xia Brookside. She kept beating the living hell out of the second generation star well after the match was over, hitting her with a series of kicks. Giulia then threw Xia to the outside and signalled for another apron brainbuster, but as she lifted Xia in the air...

okfFjAB.jpg
Mercedes Mone ran in from the crowd!

As the crowd exploded for the return of the NWA World Women's Champion, Mone and Giulia began brawling all around the ringside area. Giulia thought she got the upper hand after hitting Mercedes with a high knee, but when Giulia tried spraying the poison mist in Mone's face, the champ was able to duck it as referee Justin King got hit with it instead! Mone then got the upper hand with a stiff forearm smash before security ran down to the ring and separated the two women. Mone and Giulia began yelling at each other in Japanese as we cut to a commercial break.
OtJW19R.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

DR8dP0V.jpg VS 3pjc5p0.jpg
Drew Galloway vs Jacob Fatu
Galloway received his shot at the NWA World Heavyweight Champion Matt Cardona for Hard Times last week, but Cardona would only give it to him under two conditions. One, Galloway cannot touch Cardona at all until the event and two, he must beat Jacob Fatu tonight! If he doesn't, then Fatu gets the title match for Hard Times instead! This match was a good match and the crowd was solidly behind Galloway. The two big men lock up to kick things off, with Galloway getting the upper hand following a nice headlock takeover. Galloway then kipped up to the delight of the crowd and to the annoyance of Fatu. Fatu showed his annoyance by charging at Galloway and attempting a lariat, which Galloway ducked and hit Fatu with a big belly to belly suplex. Galloway then scooped the Samoan up and attempted a running powerslam, which Fatu wiggled out of and shoved Galloway sternum-first into the corner. Galloway recoiled out of the corner in pain, but walked right into a spinning heel kick from Fatu. Fatu then began toying with Galloway, telling him that he's unlike anyone Drew had to deal with ever before. Jacob then taunted the crowd, telling them to "BOW DOWN TO THE SAMOAN KING!" before scooping up Galloway and hitting him with a regular Samoan Drop. That only got a two count on the ensuing pinfall attempt though, as Galloway was able to get his foot on the rope at the last second. Fatu then threw Galloway off the ropes and attempted the Wrecking Ball, but Galloway was able to kick Fatu in the shoulder as he bounced off the ropes, ending Fatu's offensive onslaught. Galloway then started putting the boots to Fatu, stomping a mudhole in him. The match came to an end when Galloway tried setting Fatu up for a double-arm DDT, but Fatu was able to wiggle out of it and shove Galloway into the ropes. Galloway bounced off the ropes and tried hitting Fatu with a stiff headbutt, but Galloway forgot the golden rule of pro-wrestling (NEVER headbutt a Samoan), so Fatu fired back with a huge Samoan Spike! Fatu then signaled for the Wrecking Ball, but before he could grab Galloway...

"BRO!"

7Vueu3d.jpg
Matt Riddle ran down to the ring!

Riddle jumped on the apron and began jawing with Fatu, which caused the Samoan top swing at the "King of Bros." Riddle was able to jump down in time and yelled at Fatu "DON'T TURN AROUND BRO!" Fatu didn't listen to him, but he probably should have, as Fatu turned around right into a huge Claymore Kick from Galloway!!! Galloway then made the cover and got the three to get one step closer to a shot at Matt Cardona and the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.
WINNER: Drew Galloway
Jxu0nxj.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

DR8dP0V.jpg
After that brutal match, Galloway was left in the ring to celebrate, which he did so, leading the crowd in a "DREW! DREW! DREW!" chant. Galloway told the camera, "IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING BABY!" but before he could celebrate any further...

cAM3lUH.jpg
Matt Cardona ran down to the ring to attack him!

Cardona started unloading on his Hard Times opponent with a bevy of strikes. After a few minutes of a continual beatdown, Cardona seemingly let up for some reason, letting Galloway get to his feet. However, as soon as Galloway got to his feet, Cardona charged at him and cracked him over the head with the NWA World Heavyweight Championship! Matt Cardona stood tall over a bloodied Drew Galloway as Main Event came to a close.
86FQcOE.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

AStNNvA.jpg

TV Rating: 0.13 (98,937 Viewers on Fox Sports 2)

• Like 3

z030pEj.jpg

NWA Main Event- May 2nd, 2024

cAM3lUH.jpg
Welcome everyone to another exciting episode of NWA Main Event! The Philadelphia crowd chants "N-W-A! N-W-A!" as Mauro Ranallo & Josh Barnett run down the card for tonight. Just as they're about to finish, they're interrupted by the theme music of the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, "Main Event" Matt Cardona! Cardona, carrying a microphone, enters the ring to a chorus of jeers from the Philadelphia crowd. Cardona starts by telling the crowd to shut up because the champ is about to talk. Cardona says that he hopes everyone enjoyed his little beatdown on Drew Galloway last week because he sure as hell did. Cardona brags about the beatdown, telling the crowd & Galloway that what happened last week was just a preview of what's going to happen at Hard Times. Cardona says that's because there's nobody in the world that can take the NWA World Heavyweight Champion off of him, not anyone on the roster, not anyone who isn't in the company, and especially not Drew Galloway! Cardona then tries sh*t-talking Galloway some more, but he's interrupted by...

DR8dP0V.jpg
The man himself, Drew Galloway!

Galloway charges down to the ring, but stops himself after Cardona reminds him that if he touches him, then Galloway's NWA World Heavyweight Championship match at Hard Times goes out the window! Galloway shrugs, smiles, and says that's exactly why he's here, aside from being tired of listening to Cardona's yapping. Galloway says that he's been doing some legal research and talking with Paul Heyman and came to a bit of a funny conclusion. Galloway explains that when Cardona attacked him last week, he broke his hold harmless agreement, so that means Galloway can lay his hands on Cardona whenever he damn well pleases. Galloway says that he'll take advantage of that right now as he rolls in the ring and tries going after the NWA World Heavyweight Champ. Just as it looks like Galloway has Cardona in his sights...

3pjc5p0.jpg
Jacob Fatu hits the ring!

The "Samoan King" starts beating the living hell out of Galloway, with Cardona eventually joining in to make it a 2-on-1 attack. As it seems like all hope is lost for Galloway...

"BRO!"

7Vueu3d.jpg
Matt Riddle rushes the ring with a steel pipe!

Riddle swings wildly as Fatu & Cardona quickly abandon the beatdown and the ring at the same time. Riddle helps Galloway to his feet before grabbing a microphone and says that he's sick and tired of seeing Fatu and his big ugly mug around the National Wrestling Alliance. Riddle says that, in fact, the only thing he's more tired of than Fatu is Cardona running his damn mouth all the time! Riddle then makes a proposal for tonight...

Matt Riddle: "So Cardona! Jacob! Me & my bro Drew Galloway are going to finally shut you up for good tonight after we beat you in a tag team match!"

Cardona, Fatu, & Galloway all nod as a staredown between the four men begins and we go to our first commercial break.
vWuXoE4.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

nsk6SIG.jpg w/DLhpPbJ.gif VS ZlFf5jc.jpg w/SpG3Rb0.gif
EJ Nduka w/Paul Heyman vs BOOGZ w/WARHORSE
EJ Nduka continued his dominant start in the National Wrestling Alliance a few weeks ago when he easily beat WARHORSE. Now, WARHORSE's brother in metal BOOGZ is stepping up to fight the titanic Nduka. This match was a decent match and the crowd was solidly behind BOOGZ. BOOGZ started things off by playing a bit of air guitar, which got the crowd fired up. BOOGZ then used the energy from the crowd to charge at Nduka with a lariat, but Nduka didn't even flinch! BOOGZ then tried unloading a barrage of clubbing blows onto Nduka, who barely budged. Having enough of BOOGZ's offense, Nduka grabbed BOOGZ by the arms and launched him across the ring with a Biel throw. Nduka then scooped up BOOGZ and launched him across the ring with a release belly to belly suplex, sending the guitar player out of the ring. Nduka tried grabbing BOOGZ by his hair to get him back in the ring, but BOOGZ caught him with a well-timed enzuigiri! The giant stumbled as BOOGZ got back in the ring and took him to the mat with a big high knee. The match came to an end when BOOGZ played some more air guitar and tried hitting Nduka with a discus lariat. Nduka blocked it though and knocked BOOGZ silly with a big headbutt. BOOGZ then stumbled right into the arms of Nduka, who lifted him high in the air and slammed him to the mat with a huge Chokeslam! Nduka then put his foot on BOOGZ's chest and got the three. Afterwards, Heyman looked over at Nduka and told him to "FINISH THEM!" Nduka, obligingly, lifted up BOOGZ in a military press and launched him out of the ring and onto WARHORSE! The crowd chanted "HOLY SH*T! HOLY SH*T!" as medics tended to the HEAVY METAL MAYHEM duo and Heyman just laughed.
WINNER: EJ Nduka
kYjU3zj.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

After that brutal beatdown, we cut to a video showing off the first two participants in the NWA Global Invitational at Hard Times. First off...

Flag of Mexico - Wikipedia
FROM MEXICO...

kpOLFCG.jpg
FLAMITA!

The video shows Flamita's highlights across both Mexico in companies like The Crash and AAA and in Japan with companies like Dragon Gate and GLEAT. We see his high-flying in-ring style in full effect, with him hitting several impressive looking moves before the video suddenly turns black. We then hear an evil-sounding voice say something in Spanish that roughly translates to "AWAKEN THE DEMON!" We then see Flamita in a black version of his outfit displaying a more aggressive style, showing no mercy on his opponent. That is going to be the Flamita we will see at Hard Times, Demonic Flamita!

Next...

Flag of the United Kingdom - Wikipedia
FROM THE UNITED KINGDOM...

NJcCyil.jpeg
TRENT SEVEN!

We see highlights of Trent Seven's work on the British independent scene, from teaming with current WWE superstars like Tyler Bate & Pete Dunne to his own singles work as a traditional British-style technician. We then hear a quick promo from the man himself, with Seven saying that his friends may have gotten to shine first, it's always about saving the best for last, and that's exactly what he's going to do at Hard Times when he wins the NWA Global Invitational!
LIZBox6.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

RJL26sc.jpg nsk6SIG.jpg
After a quick commercial break, we cut to the backstage, where Paul Heyman & EJ Nduka are walking back to Heyman's office. However, they're cut off by a voice shouting "PAUL!" Heyman & Nduka turn around to find...

okfFjAB.jpg
The NWA World Women's Champion Mercedes Mone!

Heyman tells Nduka that he'll meet him later before he asks Mone what she wants. Mone says that it should be pretty obvious what she wants. Mone says that he doesn't know if Heyman's been watching the last few weeks, but Giulia's been a massive pain in the side of the entire NWA women's division. Mone says that she's ready to stop that pain at Hard Times! Heyman interjects, saying that Giulia also came to him a few days ago about Mone and said that she also wanted a match at Hard Times, under one condition, it has to be for the NWA World Women's Championship! Mone waits a second and gives Heyman her answer...

Mercedes Mone: "Y'know what Paul? I'll accept Giulia's challenge and put my NWA World Women's Championship on the line at Hard Times. If it's the only way to stop her, then so be it, because she's going to lose at Hard Times and you can bank on that!"
Jxu0nxj.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

VMVCSoz.jpg VS LDo7KU6.jpg
Mustafa Ali vs Shawn Spears
We've only got two spots left in the Genie's Lamp Ladder Match at Hard Times, so the pressure is on both Mustafa Ali & Shawn Spears to qualify tonight. Especially on Ali, who's wrestling for the first time since losing his NWA World Heavyweight Championship match at the Philly Special in heartbreaking fashion. This match was a good match and the crowd was solidly behind Ali. The two men who wrestled on the debut episode of NWA Main Event started things off with a collar and elbow tie-up, which Spears got the better of after hitting Ali with an elbow smash. Spears then hit Ali with a big back suplex, sending him tumbling to the outside. Sensing opportunity, Spears rolled out after him and threw Ali headfirst into the ringpost. Spears then threw Ali into the ring steps before jawing with the fans. Spears then attempted to throw Ali back in the ring, but Ali reversed it, sending Spears barreling into the ringside barricade! Ali then threw Spears back in the ring, jumped up on the apron, and launched himself at Spears with a big springboard dropkick! Ali fired up the crowd before going to the top rope and hitting "The Chairman" with a moonsault. Ali made the cover, but Spears kicked out at two. Ali then tried finishing off Spears with the Falcon Flash, but Spears grabbed him before he could hit it and hit Ali with a big powerbomb. The match came to an end when Spears tried finishing off Ali with the C4, but Ali managed to reverse it into a tornado DDT! Ali then went to the corner and hit Spears with the Falcon Flash! Ali then made the cover and got the three to get the penultimate spot in the Genie's Lamp Ladder Match!
WINNER: Mustafa Ali
vWuXoE4.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

yeoGnyy.jpge9Wtwvi.jpgAt9NAQG.jpg
After that match came to an end, we cut to an unknown club outside of Los Angeles, California. Inside, we see MxM and their new "image consultant" Breeze. The three men brag about their beatdown of the Von Erichs last week, with Breeze saying that those two "hick farmers" didn't know what hit them! Madden tries to run down Ross & Marshall, but he's interrupted by the lights in the club flickering for some reason. Shaking it off, Madden says that he & Mansoor are going to be making Hard Times even harder times for The Von Erichs! Mansoor calls that jab weak before attempting a sex pun about MxM being used to Hard Times. However, he's interrupted halfway through the joke by the lights flickering again and smoke filling the room. The group scatters, with Breeze yelling at an unseen technician named Mitch to "GET YOUR SH*T TOGETHER MITCH, WE'RE TRYING TO RUN DOWN SOME PIG BOYS!" The last we see of this promo is some spooky red and orange lights illuminating the room with a mysterious laugh playing, leading to Mansoor yelling out "I'M NOT DOING SPOOKY SH*T DUDE!"
fONYugE.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

RJL26sc.jpg      r66EkBf.jpg   DNtBWGW.jpg
After that bizarre sequence of events, we cut to the office of NWA President Paul Heyman, who has his head in his hands with all the craziness that's gone on tonight. We then hear the door burst open as Alex Hammerstone & Timothy Thatcher barge in. Hammerstone yells out "PAUL!" as Heyman fires back with an equally loud "WHAT?" Hammerstone says that he & Thatcher know that there's one last spot left in the Genie's Lamp Ladder Match at Hard Times and they want in. Heyman laughs, saying that both men can't have one spot, to which Thatcher says that they'll easily beat the hell out of each other for it. Before Heyman can entertain the offer...

1mquzcF.jpg    smRVeoR.jpg
Lance Anoa'i & Tankman barge in!

The two men are yelling at each other about who deserves the final spot more, which causes Hammerstone & Thatcher to begin arguing with the two! As the room descends into chaos, it's suddenly broken up by a loud *BANG* noise, like a chair being swung against the wall. The room falls into silence as the camera pans to reveal...

LDo7KU6.jpg
Shawn Spears!

Spears says that everyone should quit their yapping, because there's only man who deserves to get the final spot in the Genie's Lamp Ladder Match and it's "The Chairman!" Hammerstone laughs, pointing out that Spears just lost his shot at a spot not even five minutes ago. Spears, not amused, gets in Hammerstone's face and all the yelling resumes. An irate Paul Heyman yells out "HEY! EVERYONE SHUT THE HELL UP OR YOU'RE ALL FIRED!" The room quickly silences as Heyman tries coming up with an idea. After a few seconds, the metaphorical light bulb goes off and Heyman presents his plan to the five angry men...

Paul Heyman: "Next week on Main Event, the five of you will compete in a last chance over-the-top rope battle royal match. The winner gets the final spot in the Genie's Lamp Ladder Match! Does that sound fair?"

*The five men nod in agreement*

Heyman: "Good, now get the hell out of my office before I call EJ Nduka back in here to take care of business!"

The five men then quickly leave, not wanting to risk the wrath of Heyman or "The Judge." We then cut to a commercial break as Heyman says out loud to no one in particular, "Sometimes I wonder why I took this job."
25kRzOr.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

DR8dP0V.jpg7Vueu3d.jpg VS cAM3lUH.jpg3pjc5p0.jpg
Drew Galloway & Matt Riddle vs Matt Cardona & Jacob Fatu
Riddle saved Galloway from a two-on-one beatdown earlier tonight, saving the newest NWA star from the NWA World Heavyweight Champion Matt Cardona and the man who's been dueling it out with Riddle for months now, Jacob Fatu. Now four of the top stars in the NWA are squaring off in a tag match! This match was a good match and the crowd was solidly behind Galloway & Riddle. Galloway and Fatu start things off with the Scotsman charging at the Samoan and hitting him with a lariat. Galloway then launched Fatu across the ring with a big overhead belly to belly suplex, which wowed the crowd. Galloway let his emotions get the better of him and charged at Cardona, who dropped down from the apron in terror. As Galloway yelled at Cardona, Fatu snuck up from behind him and hit him with a discus lariat. Fatu then threw Galloway into his corner, hitting him with a knife edge chop and allowing Cardona to get in a few cheap shots on his Hard Times opponent. As referee Mike Chioda admonished Cardona for the illegal attacks, Fatu threw Galloway off the ropes, ducked a lariat, and hit Galloway with a running crossbody. Fatu then tagged out to Cardona, who taunted Galloway before going for the Radio Silence. That failed though, as Galloway caught him with a spinning powerbomb! The match came to an end when Galloway threw Cardona into his corner and started unloading a barrage of kicks onto the champ. However, it was interrupted by Matt Riddle, who tagged himself in and started putting the boots to Cardona. Galloway and Riddle started arguing, which allowed Cardona to sneak up from behind Riddle and roll him up for the three! Cardona rolled out of the ring and celebrated like he just became President while Galloway & Riddle were left to seethe in the ring.
WINNERS: Matt Cardona & Jacob Fatu
vWuXoE4.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

DR8dP0V.jpg    7Vueu3d.jpg
After that match came to an end, Drew Galloway & Matt Riddle were left in the ring. The two men began arguing about what happened, with Galloway wondering why the hell Riddle tagged himself in when Galloway had control. Riddle said that he wanted a shot at Cardona, because he screwed him out of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship too back at Revolution. Galloway says that he hopes Riddle's happy, because he just cost them the match because of it. As Galloway tries leaving the ring, Riddle grabs him by the arm to tell him something. However, Galloway responds by blasting Riddle with a stiff headbutt! Riddle falls to the mat, with blood starting to emerge from his forehead from the headbutt. Galloway then left, yelling out that he doesn't need anyone's help to win the NWA World Heavyweight Championship from Matt Cardona! NWA Main Event comes to an end as dueling "BRO!" and "DREW!" chants fill Dusty Studios and Galloway & Riddle stare each other down.
MJ54aqA.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

lWb1TIf.jpg

TV Rating: 0.11 (89,226 Viewers on Fox Sports 2)

• Like 2

z030pEj.jpg

NWA Main Event- May 9th, 2024

Welcome everyone to a huge episode of NWA Main Event! Why is it huge? Because it's the final NWA Main Event before Hard Times this Sunday in Dallas, Texas! As the crowd chants "N-W-A! N-W-A!" Mauro & Josh quickly run down the card for tonight before we throw things to the ring, where our first match is about to get started...

5-Way Genie's Lamp Ladder Match Last Chance Qualifier Battle Royal

r66EkBf.jpg VS smRVeoR.jpg VS 1mquzcF.jpg VS LDo7KU6.jpg VS DNtBWGW.jpg
Alex Hammerstone vs Tankman vs Lance Anoa'i vs Shawn Spears vs Timothy Thatcher
All five of these men lost their respective Genie's Lamp Ladder Match Qualifiers in the last few weeks. Now they get one more shot at qualifying for the match, but first they have to win a 5-man over-the-top-rope battle royal! This match was a good match and the crowd was solidly behind Hammerstone. Tankman was jumped to start things off, with the four other men trying to throw the big man out of the ring. Tankman shook them all off though and charged at Spears, hitting him with a big spear! Tankman then tried throwing Spears out of the ring, but Anoa'i snuck up from behind him and hit Tankman with a running bulldog. Lance then yelled out "FOR MY SAMOAN KING!" but before he could do anything else, Alex Hammerstone walked up behind him and blasted him with a discus punch. Anoa'i stumbled to the ropes, where Hammerstone charged at him and launched him out of the ring with a big lariat! Hammerstone grinned at his elimination, but was met with a stiff chair shot from Shawn Spears, who had snuck under the bottom rope and grabbed one while no one was looking. Spears then started wailing on Hammerstone with the chair, only to be stopped by Hammerstone's friend Timothy Thatcher. Thatcher tried wrestling the chair away from Spears, which eventually worked as Thatcher grabbed the chair and held it up in the air to swing it at Spears. However, Spears was able to duck it at the last second and dropkick the chair right into Thatcher's face! Spears celebrated as the crowd jeered, but those jeers soon turned into cheers as Tankman charged at Spears. However, Spears ducked at the last second and grabbed the ropes, leading to Tankman tumbling to the apron. Spears thought he eliminated Tankman, though he would be proven wrong soon enough as Tankman grabbed him and sent him to the apron. The two men then began brawling on the apron, only to be stopped as Alex Hammerstone ran off the ropes and sent both Tankman & Spears flying to the outside with a big double lariat! The match came to an end as Hammerstone picked up Thatcher. Instead of throwing him out, Hammerstone yelled out, "WE'RE DOING THIS FAIR AND SQUARE TIM." Thatcher gave a quick bow of respect and the two locked up in a collar-and-elbow tie-up. Thatcher won that tie-up after hitting Hammerstone with a stiff elbow smash. Thatcher then hit Hammerstone with a lariat, sending Hammerstone over the top rope. Hammerstone avoided elimination though, as he managed to skin the cat, only letting one foot hit the floor. Thatcher then tried to finish the job, but Hammerstone caught him in a guillotine choke! Hammerstone used all his strength to send Thatcher over the top rope (with the guillotine still locked in) and threw Thatcher to the outside to win! Alex Hammerstone has won the final spot in the Genie's Lamp Ladder Match after eliminating all four other men!
WINNER: Alex Hammerstone
MJ54aqA.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

x81Jqmz.jpg1d8J0UR.jpg
After that hellacious battle royal, we cut to a pre-recorded video of Ross & Marshall Von Erich standing in front of some sort of abandoned lot. Ross says that he & his brother are somewhere special. Marshall then spills the beans, they're in Dallas, Texas at the former site of the legendary Dallas Sportatorium! Ross says that the building that used to stand on this lot was the house that his family built. It's where their father and uncles became legends in this business. Marshall then ties everything back around to Hard Times and their NWA World Tag Team Championship match with MxM.

Marshall Von Erich: "You see Mansoor, Mason Madden, Breeze, this place is where our family became stars. But in three days, in a building not even 30 minutes away from here, that is where WE will become stars!"

Ross Von Erich: "You guys think you're the hottest thing since sliced bread, but you can't back it up to save your lives. What happened last time we met in the ring? You cheated. Now you're hiring "image consultants" to give y'all an unfair advantage going into our rematch. Will that matter? HELL NO!"

Marshall: "Because you see MxM, you can hire anyone you want to be in your corner. The fact of the matter is when you're in the ring with the Von Erichs in their home of Texas, there's nothing you can do to leave with your NWA World Tag Team Titles!"
zjb17fD.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

After that fiery promo, we cut to a video showcasing the final two participants in the NWA Global Invitational at Hard Times. First off...

Flag of Japan - Wikipedia
FROM JAPAN...

B2XEpTe.jpg
"THE MURDER MACHINE" SHO!

We see videos of SHO in New Japan Pro-Wrestling being a general scoundrel in the House of Torture. We see him cheating, choking opponents, and doing everything he could to break the rules and get away with it. Cheating pays off though as we see SHO winning the legendary IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship. Will SHO bring his chaotic style to Hard Times and win a spot on the NWA roster in the process? We'll find out on Sunday!

And our final participant...

Flag of the United States of America | History, Meaning, Facts, & Design |  Britannica
FROM AMERICA...

cxJKxbS.jpg
STEVE MACLIN!

Steve Maclin starts his section by cutting a promo about how he served in the US Marine Corps. Maclin says that the Marines taught him two things: 1) always watch your back and 2) you gotta be the baddest son of a b*tch on the battlefield if you want to survive. We then see a video of Maclin in TNA beating the living hell out of his opponents, winning the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, and just generally being an all-around badass. Maclin then wraps things up by saying that he was the baddest S.O.B. on the battlefield and he's damn sure going to be the baddest S.O.B. in the Global Invitational!
06bRKc9.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

okfFjAB.jpgPBDFUBt.jpg VS GKu8mmj.jpgJvfY1bh.jpg w/7Z9u6O4.gif
Mercedes Mone & Xia Brookside vs Pretty Powerful w/Brady
With Mone's NWA World Women's Championship match with Giulia at Hard Times fast approaching, she's decided to team with a woman that she's gained a lot of respect for in recent weeks (Xia Brookside) in a bit of a warmup match. As for Pretty Powerful, since we last saw them at the Philly Special, they've been going through friendship therapy and are back on the same page, at least according to Brady, who yelled that at Mauro & Josh. This match was a decent match and the crowd was solidly behind Mone & Xia. Supposedly showing how far they've come in "friendship therapy," Megan Bayne & Steph de Lander started things off by jumping Mone as she was making her entrance. Xia tried running out for the save, but the Pretty Powerful duo took care of her too. Eventually, Megan & Steph threw Xia in the ring to start things off, with Mercedes still on the outside recovering. Megan scooped up Xia and launched her across the ring with a military press throw. Xia stumbled into the corner, but Megan was right there waiting for her with a big boot. Megan then tagged out to Steph and the two women hit Xia with a double suplex. The Pretty Powerful duo shared a high-five before Steph started putting the boots to Xia. Steph then tried finishing off Xia with the Python Press, but Xia reversed it into a big hurricanrana! The match came to an end when Mercedes managed to recover enough and Xia tagged out to her. Mercedes ran wild on Steph, hitting her with a couple of flying shoulder tackles before hitting her with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Mercedes then tried hitting Steph with the Backstabber, but Steph reversed it and tried hitting the champ with a back suplex. That failed though, as Mercedes wiggled out of it and wrestled Steph down to the mat before locking her in the Mone Maker! Steph clawed for the ropes, but eventually had no choice but to tap out!
WINNERS: Mercedes Mone & Xia Brookside
p2tjyzx.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

okfFjAB.jpg PBDFUBt.jpg
After the match came to a close, Mercedes Mone & Xia Brookside celebrated their win in the ring much to the delight of the fans. That was until the lights went out! When they came back on...

wKMigk2.jpg
Giulia was standing in the ring behind them!

After taking out Xia with a spin kick, Giulia set her sights on Mone, with the two women beginning to brawl around the ring. After hitting the NWA World Women's Champion with a roundhouse kick, Giulia set her up for the poison mist, but Mercedes ducked it at the last second! A stunned Giulia then turned around right into a chair shot from Mone! Mone tried swinging again at her Hard Times opponent, but Giulia managed to flee before any more damage could be done. The two women stared each other down, with Mone yelling out "COME AND TAKE IT BITCH!" as we went to a commercial break.
uVDMCWw.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

After that break was over, we cut to a bit of a promo gauntlet from the six men participating in the Genie's Lamp Ladder Match at Hard Times. We start with the man who just qualified earlier tonight...

r66EkBf.jpg
Alex Hammerstone!

Hammerstone says that he may have lost his first chance at getting in the Genie's Lamp Ladder Match thanks to Nic Nemeth and his side chick, but he's not taking his second chance for granted. Hammerstone says that everyone's been looking over him, but not any longer. He's going to go to Hard Times, defeat five of the best the NWA has to offer and become the first winner of the Genie's Lamp Ladder Match!

Next up...

V9C81Nc.jpg
Bryan Keith!

The NWA World Television Champion is standing next to a horse stable, where we can hear some horses neighing. That's besides the point, because Keith is talking about why he's the favorite to win on Sunday. Keith says that he's used to "big-game hunting," because it's something he's been doing his entire life. Keith says that there's no bigger game to hunt than the five other men who are going to be in the ring with him at Hard Times. Keith says that once he's done with his hunt, then he's going to collect his bounty of the Genie's Lamp. Keith finishes by saying that only then can the National Wrestling Alliance truly recognize who Bryan Keith really is.

Next...

YcKjJWv.jpg
Nic Nemeth!

Nemeth is standing in some sort of villa with Salina de la Renta on his side. Nemeth says that he doesn't know what more he has to do to prove to the imbeciles watching the show that he's the greatest wrestler in the world today. Nemeth says that he proved why he's the best at the Philly Special when he destroyed Shota Umino and proved it again a few weeks ago when he wiped the floor with that scrub Alex Hammerstone. Nemeth then takes his sunglasses off and cracks a grin, saying that he knows what he has to do to prove that he's the best, it's becoming the first holder of the Genie's Lamp! Nemeth finishes by saying that only then the morons in the front office and at home will recognize the greatness of "The Natural!"

Next up...

VMVCSoz.jpg
Mustafa Ali!

Ali says that he may have come short at the Philly Special, but that's not going to be the case at Hard Times. Ali says that the beauty of the Genie's Lamp is that it's open for everyone. Everyone in the match had to earn their way in, and that's exactly what he wanted. Ali says that he wanted only the best of the best to participate, because that means his victory's only going to be sweeter on Sunday! Ali finishes by saying that he's going to be dedicating his win on Sunday to every fan out there who's been cheated out of something before, because when Ali wins, that's never going to happen again.

Next...

3pjc5p0.jpg
Jacob Fatu!

Jacob Fatu, who's flanked by Lance Anoa'i & Zilla Fatu, says that he's not going to say much, because he's going to let his actions do the talking at Hard Times. Jacob says that he's going to force everyone at Hard Times to bow down to their "Samoan King" and that the NWA will never be the same after The Samoan Dynasty wins the Genie's Lamp at Hard Times!

Finally...

7Vueu3d.jpg
Matt Riddle!

Riddle says that he's got a lot on his plate right now. First he's got to deal with a man he thought was his bro in Drew Galloway tonight in the main event. Then he's got to get through five other people at Hard Times and win the Genie's Lamp Ladder Match. Riddle says that it's a lot, but it's nothing that the "King of Bros" can't handle! Riddle finishes by saying that tonight though, he's going to be giving out a preview of what's to come at Hard Times when he kicks Drew Galloway's ass!
lIMwv1T.jpg

BdEA3yO.jpg

DR8dP0V.jpg VS 7Vueu3d.jpg
Drew Galloway vs Matt Riddle
These two men teamed up last week in the main event, but it ended in disaster after a miscommunication between the two led to their opponents Matt Cardona & Jacob Fatu picking up the win. Afterwards, Drew hit Riddle with a stiff headbutt, saying that he didn't need anyone's help to deal with Matt Cardona. Riddle didn't like that and demanded a match with Galloway, which Galloway happily obliged. This match was a good match and the crowd was split between Galloway & Riddle. Both men started things off by launching a barrage of haymakers at each other, with neither man getting an advantage. That was until Riddle hit Galloway with a stiff forearm smash. Galloway recoiled as Riddle bounced off the ropes and tried hitting Galloway with a bicycle kick, which Galloway stopped by connecting with a stiff headbutt! Riddle fell to the mat, but Galloway wasn't done with him as he hit him with a German suplex that sent the "King of Bros" flying across the ring. Galloway then scooped up Riddle and hit him with a running powerslam. Galloway then attempted his Future Shock DDT, but Riddle managed to wiggle out of it and hit Galloway with a roundhouse kick. Galloway recoiled into the corner, where Riddle started unloading a barrage of quick strikes into his body. Riddle then finished that sequence off with a loud open-handed slap across Galloway's chest, the sound of which reverberated through the Dusty Studios. Galloway stumbled out of the corner, but Riddle jumped on his back (a la Yoda in Star Wars) and tried locking in the Rear Naked Choke! That failed though, as Galloway was able to hit Riddle with a backpack stunner to get him off of him. The match came to an end when Galloway scooped up Riddle and hit him with the Future Shock DDT! Galloway then went into the corner and set Riddle up for the Claymore Kick, but before he could hit it...

cAM3lUH.jpg
Matt Cardona ran down to the ring and clocked him with the NWA World Heavyweight Championship!

Referee Mike Chioda called for the DQ as Cardona entered the ring and hit Riddle with the title as well! Cardona then started putting the boots to Galloway, beating the living hell out of his Hard Times opponent. Cardona then picked Galloway up and hit him with the Radio Silence! As Galloway laid battered on the mat, Cardona raised the NWA World Heavyweight Championship high in the air. That was the final thing we saw before Main Event came to a close.
WINNER: Drew Galloway (by DQ)
MJ54aqA.jpg

FINAL GRADE:

OoEYa8k.jpg

TV Rating: 0.12 (90,061 Viewers on Fox Sports 2)

• Like 2

HQ2dhRv.jpg

NWA HARD TIMES 2024 PREVIEW:

wIZkdp5.jpg

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:

cAM3lUH.jpg VS DR8dP0V.jpg

"Main Event" Matt Cardona (C) vs "The Scottish Terminator" Drew Galloway

Last month at the Philly Special, Drew Galloway made his shocking debut. This came after weeks of mysterious messages directed towards the NWA World Heavyweight Champion Matt Cardona, all coming from Galloway. After hitting Cardona with his patented Claymore Kick, Galloway said that he was coming for Cardona's NWA World Heavyweight Championship, challenging him to a match for Hard Times. Cardona accepted the challenge, but has attacked Galloway with cheap beatdowns the last few weeks, seemingly trying to get any advantage going into their match tonight. Will Drew Galloway win the NWA World Heavyweight Championship and put an end to Cardona's reign? Or will Matt Cardona's stay at the top of the National Wrestling Alliance continue?

BdEA3yO.jpg

6Kk0CXj.jpg

GENIE'S LAMP LADDER MATCH:

3pjc5p0.jpg VS YcKjJWv.jpg VS 7Vueu3d.jpg VS

VMVCSoz.jpg VS V9C81Nc.jpg VS r66EkBf.jpg

Jacob Fatu vs Nic Nemeth vs Matt Riddle vs Mustafa Ali vs Bryan Keith vs Alex Hammerstone

Six of the best the National Wrestling Alliance has to offer will step into the ring at Hard Times to fight for the Genie's Lamp hanging above the ring. The first person to grab the lamp wins all that comes with the lamp, specifically three wishes, which they could do whatever they want with. The winner can wish for anything from a title match to the ability to make a match to the ability to restart a match, whatever they want, they'll get three wishes to do whatever they want. With Jacob Fatu, Nic Nemeth, Matt Riddle, Mustafa Ali, Bryan Keith, & Alex Hammerstone all competing for the lamp, we're going to have a worthy inaugural winner no matter what. Who will walk out Dallas with the lamp?

BdEA3yO.jpg

0VTE5Cz.jpg

NWA WORLD WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:

okfFjAB.jpg VS wKMigk2.jpg

"The CEO" Mercedes Mone (C) vs "The End of Eternity" Giulia

Mercedes Mone has been a dominant champ, defeating everyone who's stood in her way. We thought that would continue following a surprisingly close win over Xia Brookside last month on Main Event, but someone had other plans. That someone being the Japanese sensation Giulia, who made her debut by beating the living hell out of Mercedes and hitting her with a dangerous-looking brainbuster on the ring apron. Since then, Giulia's gone on a rampage herself, promising an "end of eternity" for Mone and easily defeating Xia Brookside in her debut. Mercedes has fought back recently though, pushing Giulia to her limit in a few brawls. Now, these two meet in the ring here at Hard Times! Which woman will walk out of Dallas with the NWA World Women's Championship?

BdEA3yO.jpg

OTHER MATCHES:

MxM (C) vs The Von Erichs

NWA Global Invitational 4-Way Match (Winner receives a NWA Contract):

Steve Maclin vs Flamita vs Trent Seven vs SHO

ALL THIS AND MORE LIVE FROM DALLAS, TEXAS AND EXCLUSIVELY ON TRILLER TV!

BdEA3yO.jpg

Prediction Key:

Matt Cardona (C) vs Drew Galloway

Comments: 

Genie's Lamp Ladder Match:

Jacob Fatu vs Nic Nemeth vs Matt Riddle vs Mustafa Ali vs Bryan Keith vs Alex Hammerstone

Comments: 

Mercedes Mone (C) vs Giulia

Comments: 

NWA Global Invitational 4-Way Match (Winner receives a NWA Contract):

Steve Maclin (USA) vs Flamita (Mexico) vs Trent Seven (UK) vs SHO (Japan)

Comments: 

MxM (C) vs The Von Erichs

Comments: