All Elite Wrestling League

19 minutes ago, stratusfaction said:

MY VOTES

Rule #1 (Ringside Manager) - C & D.  I like the idea of being able to write our own promos but I think it should be mainly regulated to the big events (PPVS)

Rule #4 (Number of Wrestlers) - B or C

I need you to choose one of the options please.

Having sent out three invites, and open invitations on the TEW IX General, TEW IX Dynasty and TEW 2020 Dynasty forums (posts that had over 100 views between them), nobody has expressed an interest in joining the league for Season 2. Therefore, unless there is sudden and unexpected interest from somebody, Season 2 will run with the minimum of 6 teams.

Season 1 finishes this week, at which point the close season starts and will last for 4 in game weeks (slightly longer than 4 calendar weeks as my speed running this is based around my 4 on 4 off shift pattern). The close season signing/transfer window will open. I shall communicate when this starts. There will be no new managers so you guys as current managers can begin to make changes straight away.

I shall post a full list of free agents currently on AEW contracts (excluding those on a set number of appearances or a loan deal and also anybody about to retire) and also a list of rules.

@Dawn You still need to vote please.
@christmas_ape You also still need to vote please and also a reminder you will have to replace Sting and Emi Sakura on your team as both are retiring.

• Like 1

My plan for the week... subject to change if real life gets in the way...

TONIGHT
Vote results (I know Christmas Ape has yet to vote, however there is already a clear majority in all the votes)
Show previews
Dynamite and Rampage

TOMORROW
Collision

SATURDAY
Forbidden Door

SUNDAY
Final league tables
Rules and squads for next season as they are now
Free agent list
Close season and signing/transfer window starts
Prepare next week shows (though nothing seen on the forums for this at this stage)

Posted (edited)

SEASON 2 PROPOSED RULE CHANGES - VOTING RESULTS

I am aware that Christmas Ape has not yet sent in their votes. However, a clear majority has been reached with all four proposals so I can announce the results now. The rule changes being implemented are in bold.

PROPOSED RULE 1 - SIGNING A RINGSIDE MANAGER TO YOUR TEAM
It is proposed that AEW League team managers can sign a manager to be at ringside for all your team's AEW League matches. There are five options, please choose your option.
Option A - Keep it as it is now, where wrestlers have their AEW managers are ringside (for example Satnam Singh will have Sonjay Dutt at ringside for his matches, but the rest of The Spooky Club will not).
Option B - All managers are barred from ringside.
Option C - Team managers can sign a ringside manager to be at ringside for all of their team matches.
Option D - An extension of option C, each team manager can choose to write a weekly promo by their team manager for their AEW League team. This promo would then appear on Dynamite or Collision.
Option E - An extenstion of option D, where each team manager can choose to create yourself as the ringside manager and write your own weekly promos.
All 6 votes were for option C.

PROPOSED RULE 2 - A proposal for if the AEW League has a maximum of 10 teams in any given season, that the team finishing bottom is relegated out of the league.
OPTION A - Yes to relegation.
OPTION B - No to relegation.
Option B received 5 votes and option A received 1 vote.

PROPOSED RULE 3 - A proposal for each team manager to be able to use a joker for one fixture in the season. Using the joker would earn the team double points for that match (ie 6 points for a win, 2 for a draw). The joker would have to be played when making your selection for the match.
OPTION A - Yes to a joker.
OPTION B - No to a joker.
All 6 votes were for option B.

PROPOSED RULE 4 - A proposal to increase the number of maximum wrestlers in each squad.
OPTION A - Keep the current squad maximum at 7 (4 men and 3 women).
OPTION B - Increase the squad maximum to 8 (4 men and 4 women).
OPTION C - Increase the squad maximum to 9 (5 men and 4 women).
Option B received 4 votes and option A received 2 votes.

Edited by Nobby_McDonald
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

SEASON 2 ADDITIONAL PROPOSED RULE CHANGE - VOTING

@christmas_ape @DinoKea @stratusfaction @Dawn @PH71 @KyTeran

Following the introduction of ringside managers to the teams, I have one more proposed rule change.

PROPOSED RULE 5 - The ability to play 'manager cards'* before a match, for example extra training +10% chance of winning, distraction at ringside +15% chance of winning
OPTION A - Yes
OPTION B - No

How this would work... Each team would have a set number of cards they can play over the course of the season. The two ideas I have had so far are...
Extra training/preparation +5%, +10% and +15% chance of winning
Ringside coaching/distraction/interference +5%, +10% and +15% chance of winning
I am toying with the idea of having one of each card for the whole season or one set for men and one for women.
Each card could only be played once and would have to be played before the selection deadline.
As I have mentioned in the past, once the selections are in, I look at the wrestler's perception level, wrestling ability, current form/match performance and if they are a current champion or not. I then assign a percentage chance of each league team winning the match, with a small amount (usually 1-5% for the draw). Playing one of these cards would make the relevant change for that upcoming match. I then use a random number generator to pick me a number between 1 and 100 to give me the result.

I hope this is clear. Any question or clarification, please ask.
If anybody has any suggestions on other cards, please say.
*If anybody has a better term than manager cards, again please say.

Edited by Nobby_McDonald
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Also, as there will be the minimum of 6 teams in the league this season and the number of women in each team is increasing to 4, I am adding women trios matches to the league. This will give 30 matches this coming season (6 against each team) rather than 25 matches (5 against each team).

Edited by Nobby_McDonald
  • Like 2

Show previews

DYNAMITE
Timeless Ensemble (Mariah May - random selection) v The Spooky Club (Julia Hart)
The Peak of Perfection (Tay Melo & Deonna Purrazzo) v Black Lotus (Jamie Hayter & Kris Statlander)
The Golden Lion Club (Chris Jericho) v Team Swerve (Santana - random selection)
OWEN HART FOUNDATION MEN'S TOURNAMENT SECOND ROUND - El Hijo del Vikingo v Sting
Adam Page v Hiromu Takahashi
Jack Perry v KENTA
LAX v The Acclaimed & Daddy Ass

RAMPAGE
OWEN HART FOUNDATION MEN'S TOURNAMENT SECOND ROUND - Matt Hardy v Matt Menard
Kota Ibushi v SANADA
Skye Blue v Hikaru Shida
The Butcher & The Blade v Private Party

COLLISION
The Bryan Danielson Appreciation Society (Hikaru Shida) v The Spooky Club (Julia Hart)
Team WooItsNathan (Kip Sabian, Bandido & The Butcher - default selection) v TV Network (Will Ospreay, Matt Cardona & Johnny TV)
OWEN HART FOUNDATION WOMEN'S TOURNAMENT SECOND ROUND - Mercedes Moné v Jamie Hayter
OWEN HART FOUNDATION MEN'S TOURNAMENT SECOND ROUND - Preston Vance v Bryan Danielson
Kenny Omega v KUSHIDA
Claudio Castagnoli v Zack Sabre Jr
Minoru Suzuki & Tomohiro Ishii v Gates of Agony

Apologies if I'm too late on the rules changes, but for the record. 

I'd be CABA. 

Oh wait just seen the results now. Well at least most of what I voted won! 

For the new vote. I'd say A as long as there were only one or two to be used each season. 

I didn't know I was to replace Sting and Emi now, I was waiting for the transfer window. Is there a list of free agents in AEW I can use?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@christmas_ape @DinoKea @stratusfaction @Dawn @PH71 @KyTeran

I've just had a thought about something, pre empting what may or may not become an issue.

To prevent one manager making wholesale changes at the expense of everybody else, each manager is only allowed to make one signing per day. While signing a wrestler is done first come first served based on whoever posts or private messages me the earliest, this will prevent somebody potentially making big changes and sweeping up all the top available wrestlers in one go. Three big names will become free when Team Swerve disbands after the season, there are wrestlers who entered the Forbidden Door that may well be staying and there are a couple of other hopeful new signings that will be in demand. This will prevent one person from signing all or most of these at the expense of everyone else.
One exception is @christmas_ape. As he is losing two wrestlers due to retirement, I shall allow two signings on their first day signing wrestlers, reverting to one like everybody else afterwards.

Team managers can make as many changes as they want during the upcoming signing/transfer window, but I will limit the signings to one per calendar day (based on United Kingdom time as it's where I live).

Also, if there is anybody on your team that you want to release right now ahead of the signing/transfer window starting you can now do so. Please let me know if there is. Anybody released will still compete in this week's fixtures, they will become free agents after the week and season has finished.

Edited by Nobby_McDonald
  • Like 2

PRE SHOW
Hook beat Jay Lethal in 9:42 by submission with a Red Rum. 44

AEWDynamite2.jpg.e562f696fd2572de076d5d02ce9830c1.jpg
DYNAMITE
Wednesday, week 4, June 2024
Aomori Hamanasu Hall, Aomori, Tohoku, Japan (1,000 capacity)
Announcers: Excalibur, Taz and Tony Schiavone

We start with Chief of Staff Steve Austin. The small but passionate and knowledgeable Japanese crowd give him a good reception, showing he is still popular in Japan. Austin doesn't speak Japanese though so while the segment is received well on TV, not so much in the hall... Austin says he is Chief of Staff, it's about time he takes some decisions... Adam Page and Jack Perry... you sons of bitches haven't had much in the way of matches recently... so tonight Jack Perry will fight KENTA and Adam Page will fight Hiromu Takahashi, which does go down well... and that's the bottom line... because the Chief of Staff said so. 66

Rush6.jpg.66da0c7096fff384bb024521bc71f9aa.jpgOrtiz11.jpg.c7a60e4af0ba2768f8e3b20a7cdf2224.jpgSammyGuevara.jpg.664ae00bc86552aee4561295a86b9787.jpg v AnthonyBowens1.jpg.f731bcfbfb6b7187eb19507300f77850.jpgMaxCaster3.jpg.d1db5a66df1c68e6f43ff61f8511e345.jpgBillyGunn5.jpg.75b7807a0191d5970b00bf69f92cc4a6.jpg
LAX (with Konnan, Santana, El Hijo del Vikingo and Dralistico) v The Acclaimed & Daddy Ass
Not the best opening match though it was quite well received. LAX have been dominant in their current AEW guise and this continued with a fine victory over the former World Trios champions when Guevara pinned Bowens in 11:13 with a Go To Hell. 57
Rush out performed everybody else (65, next best Bowens 53)
Daddy Ass performed worse than everybody else (33, next worst Caster 45)
Daddy Ass seemed off his game
The Acclaimed benefitted from public support

Backstage and MJF is with Matt Riddle. Riddle is speaking in riddles. The fans in the hall don't have a clue what he is on about. MJF doesn't look like he does either as he looks confused... Riddle seemingly says he is taking it easy... until Sunday at Forbidden Door where he will be the hell out of MJF... MJF understood that last bit and tries to punch Riddle, who dodges to the side and calmly walks away. MJF isn't happy. 49

MariahMay2.jpg.454abefc48bc27607ff955fcc72f0b1b.jpg v JuliaHart1.jpg.f28ae2e528a8375b77a2647bf828c65d.jpg
AEW LEAGUE
Timeless Ensemble (Mariah May) v The Spooky Club (Julia Hart)

Not the best in ring action, though support for May, her time in Stardom means the Japanese fans in attendance know quite a bit about her. Hart picked up the points for The Spooky Club in 7:07 by pinfall. 40
May benefitted from public support
Julia Hart has won 10 singles matches out of 12

A table and two chairs either side have been set up in the ring. Renee Paquette stands over them and first introduces Zack Sabre Jr... and then the AEW World champion Bryan Danielson... both men get a very warm reception from the crowd... They sign their contract for their World Championship match at Forbidden Door... Danielson shows respect by saying let the best man win... Sabre responds by saying that's him, he's the best technical wrestler in the world and on Sunday night he will become the AEW World champion. 37

ElHijodelVikingo(3).jpg.6f862cc668b204ce102df30221f68048.jpg v Sting2.jpg.647c9c3a9250021537e5e582ae231224.jpg
OWEN HART FOUNDATION MEN'S TOURNAMENT SECOND ROUND
El Hijo del Vikingo (with Konnan) v Sting

An even match where Vikingo used his pace to consistantly get the better of the legend. And in the end it worked, as he pulled off the greatest win of his career, beating The Icon in 8:39 by pinfall with a 630 Senton. 51
Vikingo seemed off his game

Backstage we see Hechicero. The Alchemist is teaming with two of his countrymen to challenge for the World Trios Championship at Forbidden Door... and here appear the champions Blackpool Combat Club... Jon Moxley, Claudio Castagnoli and Wheeler Yuta put a beat down on Hechicero, telling him they will see and his two Mexifriends on Sunday night. 49

ChrisJericho17.jpg.ca4f56ea44ef13da1acc3c4daab617c3.jpg v Santana9.jpg.c343e86170067043615574ed907af9c0.jpg
AEW LEAGUE
The Golden Lion Club (Chris Jericho) v Team Swerve (Santana (with Konnan))

A good match, and one where Santana proved a tough match for Jericho, to the surprise of some. A bigger surprise was that Santana picked up the win in 11:10 by submission. The crowd gasped as Jericho tapped out, they certainly didn't expect it. 53

Following a commercial break for an American based brand of Sushi, we see the Women's World champion Jamie Hayter and Dr Britt Baker D.M.D. attacking Maki Itoh in the concessions area. Hikaru Shida and Riho rush on to the scene to aid their country woman and while they force a Hayter Baker retreat, the damage has been done to Itoh who has been beaten up and covered in sushi and sake. 55

TaynaraMelo.jpg.2896ef34bc9f57292ad5e33f120d594e.jpgDeonnaPurrazzo9.jpg.f8c31253e3eac66e7f33ab8bb0642506.jpg v JamieHayter.jpg.82a12adb74eca30b5c1a919ecaca8e12.jpgKrisStatlander.jpg.c3726104b486b9825b989dc2d9424960.jpg
AEW LEAGUE
The Peak of Perfection (Tay Melo (with Konnan) & Deonna Purrazzo) v Black Lotus (Jamie Hayter (Women's World champion) & Kris Statlander)

A decent match, the best so far. The difference maker seemed to be Jamie Hayter, as Black Lotus looked the more likely team to win throughout. However they lost, as Peak of Perfection rounded off their title winning season when Purrazzo submitted Statlander in 12:45 with a Venus di Milo. 59
Hayter out performed everybody else (69, next best Purrazzo 57)
Melo performed worse than everybody else (42, next worst Statlander 52)
Hayter and Statlander benefitted from public support

Alex Marvez is backstage with Drew Galloway and SANADA. The two traded words, basically both saying they will win their match against each other at Forbidden Door... it wasn't an easy promo with Galloway not speaking Japanese and SANADA speaking passable English. 49
Drew Galloway is improving at his gimmick

JackParry3.jpg.9f387b232231b37eaa285f975ac9d5fc.jpg v KENTA1.jpg.30d86a18f6297db4db9333c955e9febd.jpg
Jack Perry (with Jake Roberts and The EVPs) v KENTA
A decent match, that KENTA had control of for much of, to the delight, the applause and sometimes the roars of the partisan home crowd. The EVPs played the role of ringside heels well, trying, sometimes successfully to interfere or distract. Ultimately KENTA got the deserved win in 15:02 by pinfall with a KENTA Combo into Busaiku Knee. 63
KENTA out performed Perry 67-49

Lexy Nair is backstage with TNT champion Adam Copeland and the man answering the Cope Open at Forbidden Door, KUSHIDA. KUSHIDA's English is very good, so the two trade a decent promo about respect, their titles and accomplishments and how they will walk out of Sunday night's pay per view as the TNT champion. 56

AdamPage8.jpg.66588377fb2a9b5b8defcdea92ad30b7.jpg v HiromuTakahashi1.jpg.827d7c2813f26ad8271a5faf3100e4e0.jpg
Adam Page (with The EVPs) v Hiromu Takahashi
An excellent match. Takahashi in particular was outstanding and on this evidence his match with Kenny Omega at Forbidden Door could end up stealing the show... here Page put up a tough battle as he always does, and managed to somehow get the win, thanks to some distraction from The EVPs, in 16:46 by pinfall with a Buckshot Lariat. The crowd were not happy and voiced their approval. Unlike American crowds who would have probably thrown their trash/rubbish in the ring, the Japanese took their own home with them after the show. 82 - match of the night
Page 62, Takahashi 87

Show rating: 73
AEW gained popularity in 15 regions
Attendance: 1,000 (sell out)
TV rating: 0.52 (395,712 viewers and 1,228,649 overall)

Dynamite was AEW's 17th best show in 2024
Adam Page v Hiromu Takahashi was AEW's 3rd best match in 2024

QUICK RESULTS
Adam Page beat Hiromu Takahashi
KENTA beat Jack Perry
Tay Melo & Deonna Purrazzo beat Jamie Hayter & Kris Statlander (league match)
Santana beat Chris Jericho (league match)
El Hijo del Vikingo beat Sting in Owen Hart Foundation Men's Tournament Second Round
Julia Hart beat Mariah May (league match)
LAX beat The Acclaimed & Daddy Ass

• Like 2

PRE SHOW
Marina Shafir beat Megan Bayne in 7:19 by submission with an Armbar. 35
Bayne out performed Shafir 40-26

AEWRampage2.jpg.af8bf4fb551bfbcf089554d94056dfa1.jpg
RAMPAGE
Wednesday, week 4, June 2024
Broadcast on Friday, week 4, June 2024
Aomori Hamanasu Hall, Aomori, Tohoku, Japan (1,000 capacity)
Announce team: Chris Jericho & Excalibur

Kota Ibushi is with Renee Paquette backstage to start Rampage to warm applause from the crowd in Aomori. Ibushi says he is facing SANADA in the main event, and he is going to win. 55

OWEN HART FOUNDATION MEN’S TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND
Matt Hardy v Matt Menard

Not a good match between two experienced hands, one indeed being a former singles and tag team world champion in other companies. Menard sprung a surprise in 7:38 by submission with a Boston Crab, but neither looked good. 34
Hardy and Menard don’t click and it made the match awkward.

Powerhouse Hobbs is backstage, the first time he has been seen on AEW television for a while. He says he needs some action (don’t we all!!!) when he casts his eye on Ethan Page… he tells Page next week on Rampage, he will break his back. 29

The Butcher & The Blade v Private Party

Not the best match, but better than the opener which frankly wasn’t difficult. Japanese fans tend to be quiet and show their appreciation by applause, only getting louder when something spectacular has happened. Neither was heard much as Private Party won in 9:27 when Kassidy pinned Blade with a Gin and Juice. 44

SANADA is now backstage with Renee Paquette. He says he will show who is the best in Japan when he beats Ibushi tonight. 48

Skye Blue v Hikaru Shida

Shida was the big favourite here, both in terms of being expected to win and also being the crowd favourite as she returns to her native country. Blue shocked the three time Women’s World champion though in 11:50 by pinfall with a Sliced Bread. 54
Shida far out performed Blue 64-30

Athena is now backstage with Mercedes Martinez. The Ring of Honor Women’s World champion challenges the LAX member to a match on Rampage next week. Martinez accepts without hesitation. 34

KotaIbushi5.jpg.0205d4551ab8074dbe5e57ea7ae7c31c.jpg v SANADA(1).jpg.c41a933c7279ecb4f87cf46b7567d32d.jpg
Kota Ibushi v SANADA
By far the best action of the night saw two Japanese stars battle in their home country for an American company. The battle was pretty even, SANADA just about shaded it and he took the spoils in 14:42 by pinfall with a Rounding Body Press. 68 – match of the night
Ibushi 59, SANADA 68
Ibushi and SANADA have great chemistry
Ibushi was penalised for being in extremely poor form

Show rating: 60
Attendance: 1,000 (sell out)
TV rating: 0.03 (29,039 viewers and 58,870 overall)

QUICK RESULTS
SANADA beat Kota Ibushi
Skye Blue beat Hikaru Shida
Private Party beat The Butcher & The Blade
Matt Menard beat Matt Hardy in Owen Hart Foundation Men’s Tournament First Round

• Like 2

For rule 5 I am going to choose option A.  I think will encourage some more interactivity between managers and their teams and depending on how it goes it may help change the results of some matches in Season 2.

Also, I like the idea of limiting signing to 1 per day.

I will also be changing my team's name next season from The Golden Lion Club to The Golden Phoenix Club.  I am pretty sure you can guess the reason why.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KyTeran said:

I will also be changing my team's name next season from The Golden Lion Club to The Golden Phoenix Club.  I am pretty sure you can guess the reason why.

Obviously recently become a massive fan of the Wellington Phoenix

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KyTeran said:

For rule 5 I am going to choose option A.  I think will encourage some more interactivity between managers and their teams and depending on how it goes it may help change the results of some matches in Season 2.

Also, I like the idea of limiting signing to 1 per day.

You signing Beth Phoenix???? 

• Like 1

Anyway, back to business... I forgot the post Dynamite/Rampage news last night, so here it is before I start writing up Collision...

NEWS

Adam Page, Sammy Guevara, Kris Statlander and Marq Quen returned clean drug tests at Dynamite and Rampage.

Wardlow has signed a contract extension of 2 years.

KUSHIDA & Eddie Edwards have won the TNA World Tag Team Championship, defeating ABC.
Big Swole has won the MLW Women’s Featherweight Championship, defeating Janai Kai.
Willie Mack & Mance Warner have won the MLW World Tag Team Championship, defeating Second Gear Crew.

Nobby's Note - Just bloody typical... I sign Second Gear Crew on a single appearance deal to appear on Forbidden Door Zero Hour as the MLW World Tag Team champions, and they lose the titles two nights before the show. 😡

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PRE SHOW
Taya Valkyrie beat Riho in 8:55 by pinfall with a Road to Valhalla. 51

AEWSaturdayNight2.jpg.e923b776e52aeae1d371da6f3fdca31c.jpg
COLLISION
Saturday, week 4, June 2024
Korakeun Hall, Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan (2,005 capacity)
Announcers: Nigel McGuinness and Tony Schiavone

A familiar sight starts Collision as we see The Elite including Jack Perry in the ring with Steve Austin and his loyal crew of Kenny Omega, Drew Galloway and Eddie Kingston. They briefly talk about Blood & Guts next month, which will see either The EVPs step down or Austin leave and Omega rejoin The Elite, and talk about how they still need to find some partners... including a who is it trade off where they try to get the other team to tell who they have... then Austin changes the subject to The Elite themselves, saying he was pleased on Dynamite when Adam Page and Jack Perry stepped up, stepped in the ring and put up a fight against two of Japan's best... then turning to address Matthew and Nicholas Jackson, says "at least two of The Elite have some balls"... this prompts The EVPs to launch at Austin, but they are repelled back by Omega, Galloway and Kingston. Page and Perry join the fracas and they are still fighting as we go to the night's first commercial break, for Nissan cars. 56

HikaruShida2.jpg.4bd8d6da6441a6505571e5e1386ac42f.jpg v JuliaHart1.jpg.04031d0d759ae5f355c1899ed4a08302.jpg
AEW LEAGUE
The Bryan Danielson Appreciation Society (Hikaru Shida) v The Spooky Club (Julia Hart)

The first action of the night saw Hikaru Shida looking to bounce straight back from a surprise defeat on Rampage to Skye Blue. She was focused and determined to overcome the recent setback, and out wrestled Hart. The win duly arrived in 7:22 by pinfall with a Falcon Arrow. 55
Shida out performed Hart 58-41

Backstage and Undisputed Kingdom's Adam Cole, Matt Taven, Mike Bennett, Wardlow and the International champion Roderick Strong are attacking KENTA ahead of Strong's title defence against him tomorrow night at Forbidden Door... the attack doesn't last long thankfully for KENTA as Hiromu Takahashi and SANADA arrive armed with steel chairs and chase off Undisputed Kingdom... Strong is heard saying "you're mine" to KENTA as he retreats. 50

KipSabian7.jpg.6b463fad84abea63b298cde8b1ce8c45.jpgBandido7.jpg.f11a5838bb0aad7692d0437554735f15.jpgTheButcher(1).jpg.1b21b9b68cf4d18fea8c7b026216e936.jpg v WillOspreay15.jpg.11a2e1e5018e4cc91e2bd8b556d42834.jpgMattCardona(4).jpg.28f0bbee976e57485bbd036c888c56e9.jpgJohnnyTV.jpg.a8c1e2411aaa5a428ad173a5247b8f70.jpg
AEW LEAGUE
Team WooItsNathan (Kip Sabian (with Penelope Ford), Bandido & The Butcher) v TV Network (Will Ospreay, Matt Cardona & Johnny TV (with Taya Valkyrie))

Season 1 of the AEW League comes to a close with the final match. Ospreay looked happy to be front of Japanese fans again as he put on a show for them while everybody else were a good match for each other. TV Network picked up the season's final three points in 7:49 when TV pinned Butcher with a Starship Pain. 56
Ospreay out performed everybody else (73, next best TV 56)

Next up we see Lexy Nair with Macey Estrella backstage next to a large monitor. Lexy asks Estrella how she is ahead of her match with Mercedes Moné tomorrow night... Estrella says she cannot wait to show what she can do... to kick the CEO's a s s... and she'll be watching tonight when she faces Jamie Hayter. 27

MinoruSuzuki9.jpg.aef6c15d62ee89c7095a48f9de880271.jpgTomohiroIshii2.jpg.694572a32aa53465bc726feda1ba8c4c.jpg v ToaLiona.jpg.7f8752d6f0d30fc0d7fe1387920e0077.jpgBishopKaun2.jpg.460f4cb976edaa2ca3b0501a1befb995.jpg
Minoru Suzuki & Tomohiro Ishii v Gates of Agony
Two very tough teams battle it out, and as good a way as any for Suzuki and Ishii to get some time in the ring together as a team. They did well together and the two were clearly the better team in the match, to the joy of their home crowd. They got the win in 9:07 when Suzuki pinned Kaun with a Gotch Style Piledriver. 56
Suzuki was really off his game

As Suzuki and Ishii were celebrating in the ring, the music of the Lucha Brothers hit and the World Tag Team champions appeared with Alex Abrahantes at the top of the entrance. Penta and Fénix applaued their efforts, with Abrahantest saying it was a good win... they are two very tought guys... but it will be a very different and far harder match for them tomorrow night at Forbidden Door. 43

PrestonVance.jpg.ed6f0bddf6c59ab342ff5eef8c99603f.jpg v BryanDanielson5.jpg.d98d6394203c9c0dfd837caad2db4ac2.jpg
OWEN HART FOUNDATION MEN'S TOURNAMENT SECOND ROUND
Preston Vance v Bryan Danielson (World champion)

It looked like it would be one sided on paper... it was even more one sided in the ring. Danielson totally out wrestled  Vance and had the Japanese fans applauding almost his every move. The win was inevitable and Danielson looked like he had fun for 8:53, taking it by submission with a LeBell Lock. 70
Danielson far out performed Vance 87-34
Danielson has had 10  singles matches, winning 9

In front of a sushi counter, Samoa Joe and Jeff Cobb are seen fighting each other... they are throwing haymakers, some connecting and the two big men fight all around, give each other as good as they get. Security and AEW officials try to break them up, but struggle to get between the battling brutes. 71

ClaudioCastagnoli1.jpg.004c2db97267ca280183c637f74c2b52.jpg v ZackSabreJr5.jpg.b80235adf613b2cfb3a6cac8b870e561.jpg
Claudio Castagnoli (World Trios champion) v Zack Sabre Jr
Ahead of his World Championship match tomorrow night, Sabre Jr makes his AEW return against Danielson's stable mate Castagnoli. The match was great, Sabre Jr's performance was stellar and unusually for Castagnoli, he never really got chance to get into the match. Not that he was bad, Sabre Jr was that good. Sabre Jr got the win in 14:16 by pinfall with a Zack Driver, and on this evidence, he will pose a very serious threat to Bryan Danielson's World Championship tomorrow night. 76 - match of the night
Sabre Jr far out performed Castagnoli 87-67
Castagnoli and Sabre Jr have great chemistry

In a pre recorded sit down interview, Renee Paquette talks to Sting... or rather on this rare occasion, it's nice that Paquette hardly spoke and let The Icon do the talking... Sting reflected on his legendary career... winning the AEW World Tag Team Championship with Darby Allin... and that it is now time for him to call it a day and he can think of nothing better to bow out at the famous Wembley Stadium and a massive, passionate crowd... it looks like Sting has a tear in his eye... Paquette does as she sits, looking and smiling admirably at the great man. 45

MercedesMon(2).jpg.22a89059277edb5c73a24ed3d29b4db3.jpg v JamieHayter.jpg.d2b9c28c5efcf66de8380063bba546bf.jpg
OWEN HART FOUNDATION WOMEN'S TOURNAMENT SECOND ROUND
Mercedes Moné v Jamie Hayter (Women's World champion)

The nature of a random draw has given us a match that will be at Wembley Stadium if Hayter is still the champion, as the Casino Battle Royal winner Moné will challenge for the title at All In London... and they couldn't be seperated as the two went back and forth for a full twenty minutes in a decent match, though awkward at times. With no winner and the only announcement being a time limit draw, people are confused as to whether they are both eliminated from the tournament, both go through as neither lost or will have to have a rematch. 59
Moné and Hayter don't click and it made for an awkward bout.
Both women lost their 100% win record with this draw (Moné 8 and Hayter 11)
Nobby's Note - I'm glad I found out this now and not at Wembley! I was going to have this really high up the card there.

On Dynamite this past Wednesday, MJF hardly got a word in as Matt Riddle confused MJF and pretty much everybody watching with what he was saying... tonight it was Riddle's turn to not get to speak as MJF berated him for being a lazy bum who drifts through life not caring about a thing... "Yeah man" says Riddle, leaving MJF fuming he can't even seem to take this too seriously... MJF says he will kick his ass tomorrow night. 69

KennyOmega.jpg.0ee9962276dd14c74bf53f896d3c573f.jpg v KUSHIDA1.jpg.4f44691e8208c82acc612fc20077b7ba.jpg
Kenny Omega v KUSHIDA
Another cracking match to top off a really good show. Omega had the better of KUSHIDA for a significant part of the match and looked to be getting ready to seal the deal when The Elite's music hit and The EVPs, Adam Page and Jack Perry came walking down the aisle. They didn't even make it to the ring though as Drew Galloway, Eddie Kingston and Steve Austin came after them as fast as each man could, and fought them back to the back. Back in the ring, after absorbing some KUSHIDA offence, Omega did pick up the win in 16:53 by pinfall with a One Winged Angel. 73
Omega 85, KUSHIDA 71
Omega and KUSHIDA have great chemistry

Show rating: 72
AEW increased popularity in 3 regions
Attendance: 2,005 (sell out)
TV rating: 0.61 (462,287 viewers and 884,948 overall)

Collision was AEW's 20th best show in 2024

QUICK RESULTS
Kenny Omega beat KUSHIDA
Mercedes Moné and Jamie Hayter went to a time limit draw in Owen Hart Foundation Women's Tournament Second Round
Zack Sabre Jr beat Claudio Castagnoli
Bryan Danielson beat Preston Vance in Owen Hart Foundation Men's Tournament Second Round
Minoru Suzuki & Tomohiro Ishii beat Gates of Agony
Will Ospreay, Matt Cardona & Johnny TV beat Kip Sabian, Bandido & The Butcher (league match)
Hikaru Shida beat Julia Hart (league match)

• Like 2

NEWS

Minoru Suzuki, Kenny Omega and Bandido returned clean drug tests at Collision.

Yukio Sakaguchi has won the DDT Extreme Championship, defeating Kazuki Hirata.
Nicole Matthews has won the DEFY Women’s Championship, defeating Vertvixen.
Adventures of Havoc and Link have won the WR Australian National Tag Team Championship for the second time, defeating Joey Graham & AJ Istria.
Rat Daddy has won the WR Wrestling Spirit Championship, defeating Damian Slater.
Kohei Sato & Okami have won the BJW Yokohama Shopping Street Six Man Championship, defeating Kazumi Kikuta, Yasufumi Nakanoue & Yuya Aoki.

• Like 1