All Elite Wrestling League

Updated list after 26 August...

AEW LEAGUE SEASON 2 TEAMS

Wrestlers and managers signed in this window are in bold.

THE BRYAN DANIELSON APPRECIATION SOCIETY @PH71
Bryan Danielson
Eddie Kingston
Jon Moxley
Wheeler Yuta
Hikaru Shida
Riho
Serena Deeeb

THE GOLDEN PHOENIX CLUB @KyTeran
Chris Jericho
Claudio Castagnoli
Penta El Cero Miedo
Rey Fénix
Athena
Mercedes Moné
Ruby Soho
Willow Nightingale
Manager - Alex Abrahantes

THE PEAK OF PERFECTION @DinoKea
Drew Galloway
Jay White
MJF
Swerve Strickland
Deonna Purrazzo
Tay Melo
Thunder Rosa
Manager - Prince Nana

THE SPOOKY CLUB @christmas_ape
Danhausen
Malakai Black
Satnam Singh
Abadon
Julia Hart

TIMELESS ENSEMBLE @Dawn
Darby Allin
Kenny Omega
Orange Cassidy
Sami Zayn
Dr Britt Baker D.M.D.
Mariah May
Toni Storm

TV NETWORK @stratusfaction
Johnny TV
Matt Cardona
Nick Nemeth
Will Ospreay
Taya Valkyrie
Tessa Blanchard
Trinity
Manager - Maria Kanellis

• Like 1

Updated list after 27 August...

Bryan Danielson
Eddie Kingston
Jon Moxley
Wheeler Yuta
Hikaru Shida
Riho
Serena Deeeb

Chris Jericho
Claudio Castagnoli
Penta El Cero Miedo
Rey Fénix
Athena
Mercedes Moné
Ruby Soho
Willow Nightingale

Drew Galloway
Jay White
MJF
Swerve Strickland
Deonna Purrazzo
Tay Melo
Thunder Rosa
Manager - Prince Nana

Danhausen
Malakai Black
Satnam Singh
Abadon
Julia Hart

TIMELESS ENSEMBLE @Dawn
Darby Allin
Kenny Omega
Orange Cassidy
Sami Zayn
Dr Britt Baker D.M.D.
Mariah May
Toni Storm

Johnny TV
Matt Cardona
Nick Nemeth
Will Ospreay
Mandy Sacs*
Taya Valkyrie
Trinity
Manager - Maria Kanellis

* indicates pending signing an AEW contract in game.

7 hours ago, christmas_ape said:

Oh I didn't realise we just messaged our picks whenever, 

Can I grab Nikki Storm and Brody King.  They seem sufficiently spooky. 

I need to know somehow. :D

Yes, you can have two as stated before. Any future signings will now be one per day like everybody else.

Updated list after 28 August...

Bryan Danielson
Eddie Kingston
Jon Moxley
Wheeler Yuta
Hikaru Shida
Riho
Serena Deeeb

Chris Jericho
Claudio Castagnoli
Penta El Cero Miedo
Rey Fénix
Athena
Mercedes Moné
Ruby Soho
Willow Nightingale

Drew Galloway
Jay White
MJF
Swerve Strickland
Deonna Purrazzo
Stephanie Vaquer
Tay Melo
Thunder Rosa
Manager - Prince Nana

Brody King
Danhausen
Malakai Black
Satnam Singh
Abadon
Julia Hart
Nikki Storm

TIMELESS ENSEMBLE @Dawn
Darby Allin
Kenny Omega
Orange Cassidy
Sami Zayn
Dr Britt Baker D.M.D.
Jamie Hayter
Mariah May (awaiting clarification)
Toni Storm

Johnny TV
Matt Cardona
Nick Nemeth
Will Ospreay
Mandy Sacs*
Taya Valkyrie
Tessa Blanchard
Trinity
Manager - Maria Kanellis

12 minutes ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Do you want to keep Mariah May for now with the increase to 4 women allowed in each squad? You can always replace her if you want to sign somebody else later in the window.

Are there women more over than her available?

Updated list after 29 August...

Bryan Danielson
Eddie Kingston
Jon Moxley
Wheeler Yuta
Hikaru Shida
Riho
Serena Deeeb

Chris Jericho
Claudio Castagnoli
Penta El Cero Miedo
Rey Fénix
Athena
Mercedes Moné
Ruby Soho
Willow Nightingale

Drew Galloway
Jay White
MJF
Swerve Strickland
Deonna Purrazzo
Stephanie Vaquer
Tay Melo
Thunder Rosa
Manager - Prince Nana

Brody King
Danhausen
Malakai Black
Satnam Singh
Abadon
Julia Hart
Nikki Storm

TIMELESS ENSEMBLE @Dawn
Darby Allin
Kenny Omega
Orange Cassidy
Sami Zayn
Dr Britt Baker D.M.D.
Jamie Hayter
Mariah May (awaiting clarification)
Toni Storm

Jonathan Gresham*
Matt Cardona
Nick Nemeth
Will Ospreay
Mandy Sacs*
Taya Valkyrie
Tessa Blanchard
Trinity
Manager - Maria Kanellis

3 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Yes, everybody on the entire female roster. Mariah May has the lowest popularity across the USA of all the females on my roster at 15.

Lmao give me the most over woman then, to replace Mariah

5 hours ago, Dawn said:

Lmao give me the most over woman then, to replace Mariah

Hmm... the most over woman on my roster hasn't actually debuted yet. On one hand, technically she's on the roster so she's available for you to sign... on the other hand nobody knows who she is yet so aren't able to sign her without you using your method or similar.

I'll have a think about it and let you know when I post Dynamite tonight.

9 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Hmm... the most over woman on my roster hasn't actually debuted yet. On one hand, technically she's on the roster so she's available for you to sign... on the other hand nobody knows who she is yet so aren't able to sign her without you using your method or similar.

I'll have a think about it and let you know when I post Dynamite tonight.

Sounds good to me! 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dawn said:

Sounds good to me! 

I have decided you can make this signing as you haven't broken any rules by saying you want the most over female on the roster. While she hasn't debuted yet, she is a member of the AEW roster with a contract (ie not short term or loan) so is technically a free agent for the league even though only I know who she actually is yet.

I shall reveal who it is later, it will become obvious when I post Dynamite.

I have altered and added rules though with immediate effect. I am expanding the rule where you allowed to ask the perception level of a wrestler five times over each season (including the close season before) to also include the overness/popularity of a wrestler. In addition, managers will now have to specifically name each signing they make and not use any other means including but not exclusive to "the most over wrestler available".
Like signings, asking about perception levels or overness/popularity can be done by private message if you prefer to keep it to yourself. As with any other signing, it's first come first served with the actual signing.

I have edited the rules post on page 29 to reflect these changes, and I shall also repost the rules in a moment for convenience.

Edited by Nobby_McDonald
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

@christmas_ape @DinoKea @stratusfaction @Dawn @PH71 @KyTeran

This is a repost from page 29.

AEW LEAGUE SEASON 2 RULES

Rules in bold are new to Season 2.

LEAGUE
A minimum of 6 and a maximum of 10 teams can compete in the league.
A team can be expelled from the league from the next season at my discretion due to inactivity.
New teams have the opportunity to sign 5 wrestlers to start their roster for the next season before the close season signing/transfer window opens, to give them a fair opportunity to start building their roster.
New teams are to be included at my discretion.

MATCHES
Each team faces each other in men singles, men tag, men trios, women singles, women tag and women trios, giving 6 matches against each team.
All matches have a 20 minute time limit.
3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw.
Each team is guaranteed at least one match every week, unless they have either fulfilled their fixtures for the season or the manager requests a week off for personal reasons. These requests need to be made in advance.
A team will not face any other team twice in the same week.
Matches will generally take place on Dynamite and Collision. Occasionally one might be on Rampage to avoid schedule conflicts with storylines or to fit in matches if a team is behind with their matches at the end of the season.
Each team can have a ringside manager, who is the only person allowed at ringside. This is not compulsory, though there are benefits to having one.

TEAMS & SELECTIONS
Squad size maximum is 8, of which a maximum of 4 men and a maximum of 4 women.
All wrestlers must compete in a minimum of 3 matches in the season, or they will be automatically be released from their team at the end of the season.
One manager can be signed to be at ringside for their team.
Each team has a set number of manager cards that can be used once during the season. These will be detailed for the start of each season.

Each week's fixtures are posted on the forum, along with a deadline for the selections for those matches. In the past there has always been at least 3 days for selections to be made, usually more.
If a selection isn't made, then I shall make the selections on the manager's behalf using a random number selector (no manager cards will be played).

SIGNING/TRANSFER WINDOWS
Any active wrestler in my save game can be signed to a team in the AEW League, provided they either have, or can be signed to an AEW contract in game.
There are two signing/transfer windows, where a team manager can release and sign wrestlers for any reason One of those is is in the close season, the other is mid season. There will be communication in the forum when these are and when they are open and closing.
A wrestler signing in one signing/transfer window cannot be released from the team until at least the next signing/transfer window unless they become available (see below).
A wrestler released in one signing/transfer window cannot be resigned by the same team until the next window opens. They can be signed by other teams as soon as they are released.

A wrestler can be signed from another team in a signing/transfer window, provided the other manager agrees to release them.
Signings are made on a first come first served basis. So if two teams want to sign the same wrestler, the team that signs them will be who posted or private messaged me first, according to the time on the forum.
Only one signing can be made per calendar day (based on UK time) unless I state otherwise.
You must make your signings specifically by name, not by any other means (for example the most over wrestler available).
The same rules apply to ringside managers.

WRESTLER UNAVAILABILITY
If a wrestler becomes unavailable for 2 weeks or less, they cannot be replaced.
If a wrestler becomes unavailable for longer than 2 weeks and up to 2 months, they can be replaced by a loan signing if the manager chooses. The unavailable wrestler will then take their place back in the squad when they return. The unavailable wrestler cannot be permanently be replaced and the loan signing must be a free agent.
If a wrestler becomes unavailable for longer than 2 months, then the manager can choose to replace them permanently, even if the signing/transfer window is not open.
If a wrestler leaves AEW, they must be replaced.

MISCELLANEOUS
Team managers are allowed to ask the perception level or overness of any wrestler up to five times from the end of one season to the end of the next season (ie covering the close season and the whole league season). This applies to any wrestler, including members of your squad.

Edited by Nobby_McDonald

20 minutes ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

I have decided you can make this signing as you haven't broken any rules by saying you want the most over female on the roster. While she hasn't debuted yet, she is a member of the AEW roster with a contract (ie not short term or loan) so is technically a free agent for the league even though only I know who she actually is yet.

I shall reveal who it is later, it will become obvious when I post Dynamite.

I have altered and added rules though with immediate effect. I am expanding the rule where you allowed to ask the perception level of a wrestler five times over each season (including the close season before) to also include the overness/popularity of a wrestler. In addition, managers will now have to specifically name each signing they make and not use any other means including but not exclusive to "the most over wrestler available".
Like signings, asking about perception levels or overness/popularity can be done by private message if you prefer to keep it to yourself. As with any other signing, it's first come first served with the actual signing.

I have edited the rules post on page 29 to reflect these changes, and I shall also repost the rules in a moment for convenience.

I have a gut feeling that the next woman I was going to see about signing is this debuting woman... gRRR!!!!!!

Edited by stratusfaction

PRE SHOW
Dralistico beat Anthony Ogogo in 9:41 by pinfall with a Desnucadora. 49
Dralistico out performed Ogogo 51-34
Dralistico seemed off his game

AEWDynamite.jpg.63665e54e12415ea917521550f99fd16.jpg
DYNAMITE
Wednesday, week 1, July 2024
Toyota Arena, Ontario, California (10,500 capacity)
Announcers: Excalibur, Taz and Tony Schiavone

July starts in AEW with the Chief of Staff in the ring. For once though, Steve Austin does not have The Elite on his mind... instead he tells Mercedes Moné and the Women's World champion Jamie Hayter to the ring... They oblige, with Moné coming out first... Austin says he knows they will fight for the championship at All In London, but he's not here about that... he's here to say what he's going to do about the Owen Hart Foundation Tournament match that went to a time limit draw next week... Austin says he's always bust his ass and kicked ass and seeing somebody going through to the Semi Final without a fight doesn't sit well with him... so both Mercedes Moné and Jamie Hayter will fight Dr Britt Baker D.M.D. on Collision in the Quarter Finals... and that's the bottom line... cos Steve Austin said so... Hayter looks conflicted - glad to still be in the tournament, but is facing one of her best friends in a three way... Moné is far more sure, and lands a quick cheap shot on Hayter before she quickly escapes the ring. 68

MarinaShafir1.jpg.f29232ddd5af3078cf1256179a149659.jpg v TaynaraMelo5.jpg.6bf3f72338fb1e2cf130a7ad1aaf292e.jpg
Marina Shafir (with Nyla Rose) v Tay Melo (with Konnan, Diamanté, Mercedes Martinez and Thunder Rosa)
A match that went pretty much as expected, saw a solid performance from Melo and little in the way of extra curricular activity from ringside. Melo won in 7:25 by submission with a Cross Armbar. 47
Melo out performed Shafir 50-37

Renee backstage is backstage interview Nikki Storm, where she asks the former WWE Women's champion what her goals are in AEW... Nikki starts to talk in a dark tone about being a champion previous and wanting to become one in AEW... when she gets interrupted by Jordynne Grace... Grace says Storm isn't the only new woman around here that used to be a champion elsewhere... and says she's not scared of any shadows or creepy games that Storm might play... then challenges her to a match at Blood & Guts... Storm laughs manically and accepts. 60

KyleFletcher.jpg.18d03d6677cb56dffcd2ba4eede02c04.jpgMarkDavis.jpg.603b9049bdaf1c0795c590edf0c4abe8.jpg v JeffHardy7.jpg.03565d2b102f8a4c78dc99e23f2123a1.jpgMattHardy6.jpg.a0bb08eceedc9fbca5e7620b801627c5.jpg
Aussie Open v The Hardys
Aussie Open reunites for the first time since Mark Davis' lengthy injury lay off and they are up against one of the greatest teams of all time. The Hardys' better days are behind them and they were largely out wrestled by the Aussies. However, they used their nous and experience to grind out a win in 8:53 when Jeff pinned Fletcher after a Twist of Fate and Swanton Bomb Combo. 60
Matt Hardy's gimmick is getting stale
Davis benefitted from being in amazing form

Backstage and we see The Elite including Jack Perry getting the better of Kenny Omega, Drew Galloway and Eddie Kingston in a wild brawl, thanks mainly to the numbers advantage... That is until Mark Briscoe arrives armed with a steel chair and starts blasting away on The Elite... The Elite retreat and Steve Austin's men give their appreciation to Briscoe for saving their asses. 63

AEWTNT.jpg.e22f4dfd5d79a80766042a74ef368fa3.jpg
AdamCopeland.jpg.2ca195e4441c6f4cf42afd4307efc94e.jpg v MatthewJustice.jpg.6b219cb277345d92fcf1a7211de74f9a.jpg
TNT CHAMPIONSHIP
COPE OPEN
Adam Copeland (champion) v Matthew Justice (with Manders)

Perhaps Justice thought he had a chance at winning the TNT Championship in the Cope Open... perhaps he wanted one more shot in AEW... perhaps he wanted one more pay day in front of a big crowd... Whichever, Copeland squashed in him just 52 seconds by pinfall with a Spear. 61

Swerve Strickland comes out with Prince Nana... he says he's done some horrible things in the past... and perhaps him not winning the AEW World Championship is karma for him doing so... but he says he doesn't regret it as he was trying to get to the top of AEW by any means necessary... going forward he's making AEW his house... he's making AEW Swerve's House... he's going to build Swerve's House so it sits at the top of AEW... and one day, some point in the future... he's going to win that AEW World Championship. 70
Strickland has turned face and his gimmick has changed to Swerve's House, initially rated poor
Prince Nana turning face has gone badly, with fans reportedly getting fed up of repeated recent shock turns

AlexShelley.jpg.85d5421874f30771bc3efbce1d8790f3.jpgEddieEdwards7.jpg.dd2422b537dd44d37548bd3e5aea3cd2.jpgMoose2.jpg.bea6cf770b5982e857b8b375535d4277.jpg v MattTaven2.jpg.eef2892a38cb8b9768a8489cfe3d2edf.jpgMikeBennett3.jpg.6242402783d06e8df45c7fcb51f9478c.jpgRoderickStrong9.jpg.dfa06f3c339c5305a944a3bdcf0c2d3e.jpg
Impact v Undisputed Kingdom (with Wardlow)
A decent match, pretty even throughout and back and forth with Impact perhaps shading it. The trio from TNA came out victorious in 10:39 when Moose pinned Bennett with a Lights Out. 60
Edwards seemed really off his game
Taven seemed off his game

Alex Marvez is backstage with number one ranked male wrestler Samoa Joe and the AEW World champion Bryan Danielson. Joe says he is the number one ranked challenger and he never got a rematch when he lost the title at The Big Gamble... so he wants his rematch against Danielson at Blood & Guts... Danielson replies by saying that Joe is one of the toughest to ever step inside a ring and he was a very worthy champion... but he won't get his championship back at Blood & Guts as Danielson says he can't be killed and isn't letting his title go any time soon. 72

DaxHarwood.jpg.55b4aff921490a0e5cc07bb14834ca04.jpg v AdamCole27.jpg.462cdf891f14ff77f80ffc2eb715d7d5.jpg
OWEN HART FOUNDATION MEN'S TOURNAMENT SECOND ROUND
A decent match, a good crowd and a very even, hard fought contest. Both men scored a number of near falls as control was traded between two quality wrestlers. Cole squeaked through in the tournament in 14:08 by pinfall with The Boom. 64
Harwood and Cole both rated 62

Backstage and we see Diamanté, Mercedes Martinez, Tay Melo and Thunder Rosa, the women of LAX attack Nyla Rose, Saraya and Toni Storm, three former AEW Women's World champions. The LAX quarter leave the trio of former champions lying on the concrete in an arena corridor as Konnan applauds their work from nearby. 43

DarbyAllin6.jpg.d86104ae7b56e2ccb4fbe0eb0faa7114.jpg v SammyGuevara.jpg.c128aceac996617e1d55b6c7f3c243b0.jpg
Darby Allin (with Sting) v Sammy Guevara (with Konnan, Dralistico, El Hijo del Vikingo, Ortiz, Rush and Santana)
LAX were out in force at ringside for this and it looked like Allin and referee Bryce Remsburg would seriously have their hands full. However, the presence of Sting lurking with his baseball bat kept the group quiet. In the ring the match was of high quality, with Allin deservedly getting the better of Guevara in 13:58 by pinfall with a Coffin Drop. 72

Lexy Nair is backstage with the Women's World champion Jamie Hayter. Hayter is fuming at Mercedes Moné for her cheap shot earlier in the night and also at the prospect of having to fight her good friend Britt Baker on Saturday night... then Deonna Purrazzo calmly walks into shot... The Virtuosa tells the champion that things are going to get worse for her... as The Virtuosa is the number one ranked contender, she is having her Women's World Championship match at Blood & Guts... where Hayter's world will come crashing down and The Virtuosa becomes the champion she has always been destined to be. 49

AEWTagTeamChampionship.jpg.4008184ef2082e460a4a84d2f060e82e.jpg
PentaEl0M8.jpg.8db84bede1f58d261430ca8ecd279dad.jpgFenix12.jpg.f2df3d69c49271eab92e8b47e9aaefa7.jpg v Christian3.jpg.c214d9ebc5fecdb74ba1b3f03622e2ab.jpgKillswitch(1).jpg.b74def3dd8e67593f90ac731c0352e25.jpg
WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Lucha Brothers (champions, with Alex Abrahantes) v The Patriarchy (with Nick Wayne)

Despite Christian Cage's best efforts, there was only ever really one team looking likely to win this. And barring injury or misfortune it's difficult to see anybody who is going to prise the titles from the hands of Lucha Brothers. Fénix took the win to retain in 17:21, pinning Killswitch after an Assisted Fear Factor. 81 - match of the night
Penta 83, Fénix 92, Cage 71, Killswitch 49
Cage benefitted from being in amazing form

Normally, Dynamite ends after the main event, so there was confusion at the announce desk when it didn't, with Excalibur remarking that his programme notes ended at the main event and Tony Schiavone commenting "good call". So everybody was surprised when glass shattered.
SteveAustin.jpg.b46dfcb44f1b4f9d61cfe74c87715a2c.jpg
And out walked the Chief of Staff Steve Austin... Austin got in the ring, got a mic and cuts to the chase... "Here is the WWE Women's World champion"...

WWEWomens.jpg.4e449d5b53adebff7c8aec39011e8aa5.jpgBeckyLynch14.jpg.630f390160b7c1723d9e141109d8781e.jpg
It's Becky Lynch! It's the current WWE Women's World champion! And yes, she is carrying the WWE Women's World Championship belt! The crowd go absolutely bananas after the initial shock as Becky Lynch walks to the ring, a smile bigger than Steve Austin's beer budget... She gets in the ring and is passed a mic... Lynch says she's seen wrestlers in the past dumping title belts in trash cans... but she's not going to do that because she's proud of what she has achieved and she respects the championship... but she says she doesn't need the WWE Women's World Championship and more... and she places it flat in the corner of the ring, before climbing the turnbuckles... "because I'm All Elite baby"... the crowd goes wild again as Dynamite does now go off air. 71

Show rating: 76
AEW increased popularity in 26 regions
Attendance: 7,458
TV rating: 1.57 (1,193,052 viewers and 2,022,285 overall)

Dynamite was AEW's 6th best show in 2024
Lucha Brothers v The Patriarchy was AEW's 7th best match in 2024
Dynamite drew AEW's 5th biggest crowd in 2024 and the highest for a TV show
Dynamite drew AEW's 2nd highest TV rating in 2024

QUICK RESULTS
Lucha Brothers beat The Patriarchy to retain the World Tag Team Championship (4 defences, 67 days)
Darby Allin beat Sammy Guevara
Adam Cole beat Dax Harwood in Owen Hart Foundation Men's Tournament Second Round
Impact beat Undisputed Kingdom
Adam Copeland beat Matthew Justice to retain the TNT Championship (7 defences, 67 days)
The Hardys beat Aussie Open
Tay Melo beat Marina Shafir
Dralistico beat Anthony Ogogo (pre show)

• Like 3