TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, Bailey1985 said:

What're people's plans to explore the new game? What's the first company of choice?

I'm looking forward to a '85 save with a Canadian local company with a goal to get big enough to start competing with the WWF

Edited by Bandiusha

22 minutes ago, Bailey1985 said:

What're people's plans to explore the new game? What's the first company of choice?

For the main game, probably SWF. It is the locker room I am the most familiar with when it comes to veterans so it will come in really handy for the new feature.

For the Beta, my order will likely be SWF > TCW > 5SSW > CWA > PSW and it may change if PSW or 5SSW aren't small since those are features I want to test, especially the Geo Tags. I could also change SWF for TCW in the main game depending on how much SWF or TCW has been affected in the 2 years. If only one of those companies had a women's division, it would already be a big factor in picking a company.

• Like 1

Eventually I got to convert my TEW2020 WCW 1998 save into a database and then convert to IX to continue my Youtube series. But initially, I'll probably go with a medium or bigger sized company just to check out all the new features and stuff.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bailey1985 said:

SWF as usual. Will explore where my usual signings ended up.

check around the big companies for titles, moves, storylines.

Then start planning the first year of storylines, matches and potential signings

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bailey1985 said:

Gotta go see what NYCW is like..

Vesseys going to be 63, Flash is going to be 55 and their biggest names of Williams and Milano are creeping towards mid 30's

Part of me feels like its been sold and is now part of some bohemian hipster revival

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EdJames said:

I’m increasingly realising I’m perhaps more invested in the Cornellverse than the game itself 😳

My evening will just be spent reading rather than playing.

This has been me for the last few releases - you're not alone :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bailey1985 said:

I became a TCW fan with 2020 so will definitely check on them first, also curious to see how QAW has got on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Puroresu said:

I'm not sure they're likely to release it at 3 in the morning.

Im trying to remember back when 2020/2016 released. Part of me feelings like it was about 2pm UK time which is about 3 hours away or 6am in Arizona time

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Clarity said:

Im trying to remember back when 2020/2016 released. Part of me feelings like it was about 2pm UK time which is about 3 hours away or 6am in Arizona time

2020 was definitely out before 4pm UK time judging by this NewLegacyInc tweet, looking through old threads I think it was around 3.50.

The full game was released at 5.45pm.

Not sure about 2016.

Edit: Looks like 2016 was 7.28pm. I think the general window seems to be between 4pm and 10pm.

Edited by Puroresu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EdJames said:

I’m increasingly realising I’m perhaps more invested in the Cornellverse than the game itself 😳

My evening will just be spent reading rather than playing.

@Historian and I were talking about this recently... :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WillyWillyWilly said:

I don't know what time zone greydog is in, but it's still early in the morning everywhere in the usa. 

They're based in Arizona, apparently.

2 hours ago, Bailey1985 said:

Just to answer my own question:

If nothing earth-shattering has happened, it’ll be MAW. If not that, QAW or CWW with the aim of getting to RAW down the line when the full game is out.