TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, ShaunGBD said:

still the same question.  Will the game still support jpg images on top of gifs?

Unless I've missed a post or two, it sounds like it'll be the exact same as 2020 which supported both.

With the new crowd reaction system am I correct in understanding that what we'll see for each segment is the following: Match Quality + Crowd Reaction = Total Segment Rating

6 hours ago, Amyzyng said:

Seconded this. It isn't a big deal but it would keep watcher saves simple.

I've never made it to a save long enough for that to happen. I think my longest save is about 6 years.

11 hours ago, Dawn said:

Crowd Heat Display lowkey the best feature in today's list! I never have gone too far into a save that I'll need to worry about my avatars dying, I fear :p 

you're safe until 66 then, Start counting your days.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, chm39 said:

you're safe until 66 then, Start counting your days.

I'm 71 in my current save (I use my real birthday) I wanna see when I die, May have my In game daughter take over.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Just now, ShaunGBD said:

I'm 71 in my current save (I use my real birthday) I wanna see when I die, May have my In game daughter take over.

I do too but I'm 27. well since the Cverse will be in 2022 I guess I'll be 25 again.😁

54 minutes ago, ToxicTurtleyTop said:

Where 2020 was the base is it still using Visual Basic, instead of something like py or gd?

Adam stated in the beginning that it was built off of 2020 so that doesn't sound like the language has changed.

8 hours ago, Blessed said:

Anybody else abandoned TEW 2020 to make the hype build for the new game? I hadn't realised how addicted I am to this game until I decided to take a break lol 

I abandoned my save as soon as the game was announced lol. I was about a year in to a CVerse save and it’s my favourite save so far. Even though I could import the DB and carry on that way I’ve opted to wait and start over 

Edited by ALinc

I feel like I'm gonna have the time of my life playing around with the new additions/changes to mod customizations - since it'll probably be a hot minute before any real-world mods come out being fully adapted to IX's changes, I might be spending the first good while (starting from the demo) porting over the bit of work I had started a few months back on a from-scratch mod, and seeing where things go from there.

I'm still holding out for potential info on new regions (betting on either Africa to make Soft Ground Wrestling a possibility for the RW mods, or an extra Asia region for the non-Japan eastern wrestling world) and whatever changes will happen with Products.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ALinc said:

I abandoned my save as soon as the game was announced lol. I was about a year in to a CVerse save and it’s my favourite save so far. Even though I could import the DB and carry on that way I’ve opted to wait and start over 

I'm playing as we speak.

Honestly, I don't know what to make of most of the changes. They sound interesting but I'm not sure how they'll feel to actually play. The problem I have with the backstage stuff is that unless you went out of your way, it was never very hard to maintain a happy backstage environment in past games. Unless there's hidden attributes directly related to their behavior on booking teams or the backstage roles then I fear it'll be relatively simple to just filter out bad seeds before they become any type of issue. In most of all my TEW games maintaining a 90-100% backstage rating has never been difficult. It was only when I deliberately went out of my way to have a chaotic backstage environment did I ever struggle to keep it high and those were by design.

Similarly, I'm not sure how I feel about the user avatar changes. I think most people unless they were doing a challenge or theme would simply pick a referee or road agent user avatar and have them quietly perform that role. Especially useful in smaller promotions like 0/0/0/0's. It kind of feels like this is intended to combat that a little bit. Make it less of a "set it and forget it" type of thing.

Out of all the features the one I love the most is encouraging/insulting a worker into working on their stamina. Stamina is the bane of existence for any workrate based fed. BCG in particular has "rising stars" who can barely work a ten-minute singles match; specifically, Naozane Goto. You can't push someone in that type of environment who can't fulfill the basic needs of your matches. Now I can berate him into getting on a treadmill and working on it instead of just hoping that he naturally improves it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hawk1665 said:

Honestly, I don't know what to make of most of the changes. They sound interesting but I'm not sure how they'll feel to actually play. The problem I have with the backstage stuff is that unless you went out of your way, it was never very hard to maintain a happy backstage environment in past games. Unless there's hidden attributes directly related to their behavior on booking teams or the backstage roles then I fear it'll be relatively simple to just filter out bad seeds before they become any type of issue. In most of all my TEW games maintaining a 90-100% backstage rating has never been difficult. It was only when I deliberately went out of my way to have a chaotic backstage environment did I ever struggle to keep it high and those were by design.

Similarly, I'm not sure how I feel about the user avatar changes. I think most people unless they were doing a challenge or theme would simply pick a referee or road agent user avatar and have them quietly perform that role. Especially useful in smaller promotions like 0/0/0/0's. It kind of feels like this is intended to combat that a little bit. Make it less of a "set it and forget it" type of thing.

Out of all the features the one I love the most is encouraging/insulting a worker into working on their stamina. Stamina is the bane of existence for any workrate based fed. BCG in particular has "rising stars" who can barely work a ten-minute singles match; specifically, Naozane Goto. You can't push someone in that type of environment who can't fulfill the basic needs of your matches. Now I can berate him into getting on a treadmill and working on it instead of just hoping that he naturally improves it. 

Shame that BCG isn't a comedy promotion cause videos of Yoshifusa Maeda screaming at Rokuemom & Naozane to go faster on the treadmill would be great for ratings.

• Haha 1

"Your company seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?"

Can...Can we bribe the media scrummers? I have some really good cheese in catering

Edited by Vinsmoker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

"What do you think of Jay Chord not accepting your contract offer?"

"Well Jay Chord simply wants to wrestle a less intense style where he gets to relax against big old guys in USPW! Very ridiculous if you ask me!"

-Tristram Day of RAW

• Like 6

13 hours ago, bamjunior177 said:

Mannnnn you made me so happy haha!

My birthday is in july and this is the best gift adam thanks !!!!   

I have been playing ur game since i am a teen and i am 40 with a child now and the only game i play is tew :) (and watch wrestling on my second screen)

Father of 3 pushing 40 here too. TEW and Football Manager are the only games I play.

• Like 3