TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

Just now, 0fficialdregs said:

Well thank you very much for that informative answer. That's definitely a plus for me.

Me too! Cant wait to have my jobber division lol

• Like 1

Hey Adam, apologies if this was mentioned earlier and I missed it, but I wondering something about booking teams and inner circles. Will database makers be able to predefine these roles? 

And to follow up, when starting a new save, can the user vacate them all to install who they want? Or do they inherit whatever the database maker has set up in advance? (I assume you can always vacate the roles whenever you want, but obviously there will be a morale hit. I was thinking about scenarios when a new owner/booker takes over, they'd start by implementing their own team). 

2 minutes ago, RingRider said:

Hey Adam, apologies if this was mentioned earlier and I missed it, but I wondering something about booking teams and inner circles. Will database makers be able to predefine these roles? 

And to follow up, when starting a new save, can the user vacate them all to install who they want? Or do they inherit whatever the database maker has set up in advance? (I assume you can always vacate the roles whenever you want, but obviously there will be a morale hit. I was thinking about scenarios when a new owner/booker takes over, they'd start by implementing their own team). 

They can be preset and you inherit whatever the starting set up is.

• Like 2

I'm irrationally excited about the possibility that local workers can show up and ask to be on the show. lol The realism is through the roof on that one. Although, would wrestlers be considered 'outsiders' for the 'No outsiders allowed' backstage rule? I always thought that means people that are outsiders to wrestling as a whole (non-workers like friends, family, the VICE camera team wanting to shoot a documentary...) Wrestlers are typically not seen as 'outsiders' and it's pretty common to let them in because they're likely there to help with setup.

Anyway, I love the new pre-booking phase and the realism it adds!

Now I'm holding my breath for more flexible tournaments (i.e. Round 1 - Three Way Elimination - Round 2 - 1 vs. 1 - Round 3 - Four Way Elimination), updates to the weapon/item list, and 'Venue Attributes' (things like Low Ceiling/Can't use Ladders/Scaffolds, Bad Acoustics/Penalty to broadcasters, No Showers/Penalty to backstage mood, something that requires a venue to be booked way ahead of the show, so I can't spontanously book Madison Square Garden for the next day).

• Like 5

I have a question regarding avatars and working matches in other companies,

Through an alliance talent loan, could an AI company request your avatar character to wrestle X amount of matches for their company, including winning a possible championship. 

Or would I have to copy, paste, and edit my avatar into an active wrestler to do so.

Thanks regardless of the answer :)

16 minutes ago, 0fficialdregs said:

I have a question regarding avatars and working matches in other companies,

Through an alliance talent loan, could an AI company request your avatar character to wrestle X amount of matches for their company, including winning a possible championship. 

Or would I have to copy, paste, and edit my avatar into an active wrestler to do so.

Thanks regardless of the answer :)

If I remember correctly, this could happen if your user avatar was in an alliance and was holding one of the alliance titles. It'd be nice if the AI would actively seek you out or if you could request to go over to another company for a match.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, GrindhouseArts said:

I'm irrationally excited about the possibility that local workers can show up and ask to be on the show. lol The realism is through the roof on that one. Although, would wrestlers be considered 'outsiders' for the 'No outsiders allowed' backstage rule? I always thought that means people that are outsiders to wrestling as a whole (non-workers like friends, family, the VICE camera team wanting to shoot a documentary...) Wrestlers are typically not seen as 'outsiders' and it's pretty common to let them in because they're likely there to help with setup.

Anyway, I love the new pre-booking phase and the realism it adds!

Now I'm holding my breath for more flexible tournaments (i.e. Round 1 - Three Way Elimination - Round 2 - 1 vs. 1 - Round 3 - Four Way Elimination), updates to the weapon/item list, and 'Venue Attributes' (things like Low Ceiling/Can't use Ladders/Scaffolds, Bad Acoustics/Penalty to broadcasters, No Showers/Penalty to backstage mood, something that requires a venue to be booked way ahead of the show, so I can't spontanously book Madison Square Garden for the next day).

Plenty of scope for 'fun' venues at the lower end of the indy scene. Tiny 'locker rooms' which are just a corridor behind a stage. Ceilings so low you can't go to the top rope. Crowds so close to the ring you can't dive without risk of hurting fans. Theatres where the ring needs to be set up on the stage, so you're not surrounded by fans. Terrible PA systems where you can't even hear your music to know when to make your entrance. Maybe some mod makers have written inventive/accurate venue descriptions somewhere. 

I always considered non-contracted wrestlers to also be 'outsiders'. So much drama and turf war nonsense on the indies, you can't just show up and automatically get access/a free ticket to the show. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Amyzyng said:

If I remember correctly, this could happen if your user avatar was in an alliance and was holding one of the alliance titles. It'd be nice if the AI would actively seek you out or if you could request to go over to another company for a match.

I know of that as I done that plenty of titles, I'm referring to holding an alliance member's respective championship.

ex. NJPW request for myself/avatar on loan. 

• Like 1

Another question, sorry I am inquisitive today.

Can I blacklist a worker to prevent them from showing up. For example if Rob Greenhorn upsets more on a morale level could I black list him like I can in tew 2020 and not have him randomly show up?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Self said:

Plenty of scope for 'fun' venues at the lower end of the indy scene. Tiny 'locker rooms' which are just a corridor behind a stage. Ceilings so low you can't go to the top rope. Crowds so close to the ring you can't dive without risk of hurting fans. Theatres where the ring needs to be set up on the stage, so you're not surrounded by fans. Terrible PA systems where you can't even hear your music to know when to make your entrance. Maybe some mod makers have written inventive/accurate venue descriptions somewhere. 

I always considered non-contracted wrestlers to also be 'outsiders'. So much drama and turf war nonsense on the indies, you can't just show up and automatically get access/a free ticket to the show. 

Yeah, I follow exclusively indies and boy, the venues I have seen... People dangling on the ceiling rafters because they can easily grab them from the top rope. Constant echo on audio because there's apparently a single mic between 2 commentators and the ring announcer. No Peace Underground just turning 'no room for a ring' into their gimmick. I guess stuff like that might annoy some people, but I would LOVE to dig through the available venues for the 'lesser evil'.

As for 'outsiders' - I didn't mean that wrestlers should automatically be allowed in, just that they shouldn't count as an exception from the 'no outsiders' rule if I let them in. Of course, if my rival's roster rolls up to pull an unplanned invasion angle, or the local scene's village idiot with 6 negative traits wants to get sloshed backstage, I want to turn them away. But if my worker's protegee comes to hang out with their mentor, that's someone 'in the know', not an 'industry outsider'.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

Ya know, the only thing GDS could do at this point to get me more hyped would be Bowl Bound Pro Football finally getting released. 

They have some stiff competition in that market with the Wolverine Studios: Pro Football series

• Thanks 2

While many of the new features look interesting, I'm a little concerned about how much time they will take.  As it is, booking just a regular TV show takes at least an hour, usually longer.  Also takes about as long to run though the week between TV shows.  All the new stuff is only going to add to that time...

Just now, WCGreyghost said:

While many of the new features look interesting, I'm a little concerned about how much time they will take.  As it is, booking just a regular TV show takes at least an hour, usually longer.  Also takes about as long to run though the week between TV shows.  All the new stuff is only going to add to that time...

Everyone moves at their own pace. I can get through a TV show in way under an hour. Usually, I can get through a month in an hour lol. All depends on how in-depth you're going/your playstyle

• Like 5

Custom Divisions

By popular request, each company can now have custom division names rather than having to select from a pre-written selection. They function in the same way as the pre-written ones did, so once you've assigned someone to a division you can search by it to make booking / roster management easier.

So, is this about brands/brand split? If so, can't you already name it whatever you want? If not, what is divisions, can't seem to find it in TEW2020

11 hours ago, ShaunGBD said:

AGREE! I'm 38. remember staying up late when EWR 1 came out. being upset when he quit the free EWR and went to TEW. I'm glad I follow him. I'm gonna play tew2020 till the next one comes out. UI is what is it. bug and little quirks, are what they are. it's one of my favorite games. I'm waiting for the next one, and the next one..... and the next one. 35 or 40 dollars. worth it. I got alllll my money worth out of this one. 

I remember when TEW04 came out and I thought I was done with this series. It seemed like such a leap from EWR and seemed so intense and so detailed and I didn't think I'd ever have the time for something like that. Fast forward and I'm actually more excited for even more detail in the next one. 

• Like 5

Are backstage narratives editable? It can be immersion-breaking to be running a historical mod and have a narrative pop up that includes technology that isn't present then for example, or to be running a "reality-based" company and have one pop up about the workers laughing and playing boardgames backstage. 

Would be great to be able to tweak those (either pregame or ingame) to be more relevant. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Stennick said:

I remember when TEW04 came out and I thought I was done with this series. It seemed like such a leap from EWR and seemed so intense and so detailed and I didn't think I'd ever have the time for something like that. Fast forward and I'm actually more excited for even more detail in the next one. 

o yeah. I'm here for it. i remember the first one played once or twice it don't think i picked it up again. now its the only game on my laptop.

The fact we can  have "GCW Teddy Hart" incidents now in TEW is extremely cool and I appreciate that immersiveness.

The "committing to a venue first" concept is absolutely going to take getting used to (as is the storyline stuff [RIP video packages to tide people over when I just can't fit a story on a card]) but to get some genuinely funny moments out of the new backstage enviroment its totally worth it.

• Like 1

This might have been explained in the journal entry and I missed it, but is the "give the night off" system so that you can give the night off to people you haven't booked yet or is it done before you've done any booking? Say I'm doing my show, and realize I have one extra person I'm not booking. Could I then "give them the night off" so they don't get angry at being left off the show? Cause that would be really useful.