TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

Will the demo be realesed the same time the Journals are released?

They never reveal the release time of the demo to avoid server overload. Been that way forever.

1 hour ago, SuperRamenmakerOkada said:

I'm hoping the penalty for repeating matches goes down, so we can do best of 5 or 7 series and especially 90s WCW era booking

This is a good point. @Adam Rylandany update for this?

• Like 1

I like the idea of Avatar Pay. Always felt a little gamey and exploitable that your avatar worked for free, which led me to just play as the Grand Avatar every save.

It's an extremely minor thing, but I am curious if you'll be able to forgo your salary if the company is struggling like CPU-controlled owners can do now. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

@Adam Ryland

Since there is 40 new attributes, I just wanna know if any old attributes have been renamed? It would help a little bit when I look for the new ones

hoping one of these are ring announcers. so people like Samantha Irvin can be used in the game properly

• Like 1

Absolutely fuming to realise my wife has booked us up for a long weekend away, Thursday through until Tuesday…and I don’t even have a Windows laptop I can take with me.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, EdJames said:

Absolutely fuming to realise my wife has booked us up for a long weekend away, Thursday through until Tuesday…and I don’t even have a Windows laptop I can take with me.

damn. all i gotta say. is DAMN!

2 hours ago, harrypotterhead said:

hoping one of these are ring announcers. so people like Samantha Irvin can be used in the game properly

I mean, nothing is stopping you from giving her an angle before every match that she’s rated on microphone if you wanted. I lump ring announcers in with other-language announcers (different from whatever main language that you have for your company) that they exist in the theater of the mind. 

Questions for Historical Mods

1- Will Alter egos be easier to see with various wrestlers off the worker screen? Back in the day, there were a lot of Medics, Interns, Destroyers and Assassins! Would also be nice if the Alter Ego has the wrestlers name attached to it, i.e. I usually name an alter ego for Record Name with prefix of their default like Ed Leslie (The Zodiac) Would be nice to have Yes? No? YES?

2- Will wrestlers open up theier promotions even if they are employed? Such as Baba and Inoki leaving JWA to found AJPW & NJPW respectively?

3- Will certain Promotional Products be unavailable in certain eras (or by player choice) so that wrestlers do not retire early in the 70s just because they worked alot? Their bouts were long or their brawls looked fierce but they didn't go full tilt in Silver Age, Golden Age, Classic Entertainment. A lot of Davey Boy Smith chinlocks or plastic spoon gouging were happening

4- Will Title belts be easily accessible in the editor right off the Promotion screen? To me, at least, that was the most tedious thing to get right

5- Will we be able to choose the disposition of the alter egos? I've seen too many Masked Grappler gimmicks become babyface while their real life name, who is an enhancement talent babyface become heel...or I've seen Andre the Giant and Dusty Rhodes bounce back between heel and face when in reality they only had that one MAJOR turn

6- Will broadcasters and Venues have the state/region attached to them by default? Would just be easier to see TX-Sam Houston Coliseum and WPIX11 (NY,NY) for example

7- Can we have a toggle for Stable and Team names & have them with a suggestion like Gimmicks? I do not want to delete those great & creative names you compiled, but I do not want Danny Hodge & Lou Thesz to be in a tag team called 'H8 u Krew' either

8- Saying that, could we get checkboxes for team and stables names for disposition, age & race?

9- Will we be able to see relationships much easier in TEW IX? That way modders will not get the 'already a relationship' prompt when you did it for Adam Aaron & forgot by the time you got to Theresa Taylor to know they were siblings

10- Lastly, and thank you very much for even reading this Adam, I love TEW2020 very much cannot wait for the new game...so lastly, do not recall if you touched on this about TV shows, but will there be a way to have them like events and go dormant at a certain date? I.E. WWWF Hollywood Wrestling giving way to WWWF Championship Wrestling, later B show WWWF All-Star Wrestling comes around, then they give way to WWF Superstars of Wrestling and WWF Wrestling Challenge? The trigger could be the year, so no broadcasters or Promotion tries to extend the deal of the old show a year prior to the new one becoming active

• Like 2

5 hours ago, harrypotterhead said:

YES! Let's give the Finkels,Cappettas, Dr. Tom Millers and Joe McHUUUUUghs their small spotlight without it being a generic 5 minute angle in the middle of the show

• Like 1

with the user earning money could that eventually be used to start a promotion? And could the possibility of being able to buy out a child promotion be a thing? Like as a booker if I had earned enough could I buy NXT and make it independent? Or take back ROH and so on? Obviously any contacts that are with the main company would stay with them, but could be a cool feature to see what you could do. Also any other reasons for companies to sell maybe other than being in crippling debt?

• Like 1

YES! Some of these things I was one of the ones to specifically request (I'm sure I wasn't the only one, assuming that I was would be self-centered :P), so I'm quite happy to see them included! :D Sorting by stats in the editor is a godsend for DB makers, especially real-world DBs, so you can see who maybe doesn't have the stats they should, for better or worse. And "Ultra Flashy" finance will now make 5 levels of finance, I always found it weird that prudent had 2 levels while flashy only had 1, so this makes that menu nice and even, and gives DB makers even more control. (Plus it makes some things a bit more true to life, I could name a few IRL company owners who fall into that category!)

Looking forward to the final few entries! Friday's is probably gonna be a BIG one, given the "shotgun" format of these and tomorrow's. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HamKing said:

Would be nice if the selection of TV/Event regions/areas would allow you to pick multiple. LIke modern day WWE does Raw and SD does mostly i USA ad Canada

I think that might be doable with the new geotag system 

@Adam Ryland Regarding the "unmaskings" picture.

1992 in TEW2020 uses masked pictures, even for workers who have already been unmasked by game start date, to ensure that a Legacy is properly masked. The 2012 database I have been working on is planned to use this system, too.

If the worker's default picture were to switch to an unmasked picture, would the Legacy appear unmasked? (If yes, it would be very much undesirable)

Literally had a dream last night that TEW IX came out early and I was playing it. Woke up to be pretty disappointed. 

Safe to say that I'm really hyped for this game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SkyCrasher said:

@Adam Ryland Regarding the "unmaskings" picture.

1992 in TEW2020 uses masked pictures, even for workers who have already been unmasked by game start date, to ensure that a Legacy is properly masked. The 2012 database I have been working on is planned to use this system, too.

If the worker's default picture were to switch to an unmasked picture, would the Legacy appear unmasked? (If yes, it would be very much undesirable)

The legacy would appear masked.

• Like 5