The C-Verse 2022 Predictions thread

As silly as it is, I still miss Babes Of Sin City and wish there was a company that could compete at the top running only Sex Appeal angles and Super Soaker matches. So I’ll be hoping for that. 

• Like 1

Looking specifically at Japan cause puro is life 😆

I had a look at the company bios properly for the first time in years to see if theres any hints at the direction they may take - I think you can divide the Japanese feds into... 

Decline/ In trouble - BHOTWG & PGHW
Rebuilding - WLW & 5SSW 
On The Rise -  BCG & EXODUS

You could probably chuck SAISHO into rebuilding though their bio to me feels more like a company happily going along at their level. Ive seen a few people speculate as to PGHW going out of business, I suppose they're more likely than BHOTWG. EXODUS on the rise, could that be scuppered by BHOTWG using them to boost themselves by poaching a lot of juniors? personally I would not be surprised at all if that was the case. 

BCG I expect to have had a big boost, maybe someone big jumping ship to them from PGHW? 

Id very much like to see 2 or maybe 3 new feds, something in the IRL Big Japan mould, a second joshi fed (ive seen this mentioned by many) and maybe another small upstart. 

10 hours ago, Acey said:

I like the idea someone had in here about Emma Chase becoming a key part of the booking committee. Would make it easy to justify a women's division starting up in SWF, too - Emma is the momentum behind that division.

___

There's also an interesting idea (which I think would be too sudden given how young CWA is) where TCW continues to have its top talents poached (mostly by USPW), and it realises that it can't sustain its battle against USPW/SWF in the US.

So there is a merger between TCW and CWA (Perhaps named Championship Wrestling Alliance) to try to a) combine rosters to be a stronger force and b) focus on becoming a huge success in Canada, where SWF and USPW barely (if at all) run shows.

It could involve a fun invasion angle for players to book, too.

TCW can't just be on the losing end every game though. Since 2010 they've suffered a big loss every game, and I'd like it to happen to SWF every once in a while (after all the only truly major loss they had was from 2013 to 2016)

Posted (edited)

Just some Ideas to make US Indy Scene liven up a bit. 

CZCW-If they keep women's wrestling integrated, I predict there's a female champion. Al Coleman (TCW), American Flash (big 3), and Pablo Rodriguez (mexico/retired). Going Coastal are the "next in line" to be poached by one of Big 3. Frankie Perez has joined The American Cobras up in an ELITE like stable. The trio of Frankie Perez & American Cobras are still balancing between OLLIE, BCG, and CZCW. Frankie is the COTT Champion (if COTT still exists ACPW joins). Onslaught will be a prospect that has taken a step forward. A Troy Tornado or Flying Jimmy Fox will return to CZCW and look to make a surging Indy run.  The challenge for CZCW could be growing the company without alienating the company relationships of COTT/losing stars to bigger companies. 

FCW- Fredrique and Billy Russell retire. Three of these 4 will have gone to CWA or Big 3 Joffy Laine, Hell's Bouncer, Kip Keenan, and Davis Wayne Newton. Young & Wasted are talented but are showing signs to live up to their name having drug/alcohol issues.  Marco Gonzalez has taken a step up in skill. They have solid mix of prospects and solid main eventers just lack financial resources & the location to grow. 

GSW- CJ Weston the booker has been poached by a bigger company due to his booking skill. Cali Slick has left company for Big 3/CWA/21CW leaving Aces High behind.  Aces has an ego/drug problem starting to become a bitter locker room nightmare. Fro Sure has become a full-time rapper after having a hit song and is set on hiatus. Depending on who replaces CJ Weston impacts the product. Finding a new identity is the challenge for company. 

IPW-Vin Tanner is fired for underperforming. Gil Thomas (owner) fires 1 or 2 additional bookers in meantime. Ash Campbell steps up to become booker. GSW & PSW have moved away from hardcore style products. Ash Campbell has brought over Sayeed Ali and The Blood Legion from PSW. The Blood Legion vs The Dark Watch is hottest feud in company.  They lose Frantic Ali to GSW or CZCW. The Outlaw (joins Bradley Blaze & Cowboy Buck) TCW. Having a hardcore product is the challenge of company. You have money and great roster but the style of product causes injuries. Plus an impatient owner. 

MAW- Still a child company for TCW. Sam Keith might've went up to TCW to help booking. The Architect has went to NYCW or has been repackaged elsewhere. Tyrone Gray & Nate DeMarcus are feuding over world Title. Seth Whitehead has been called up. Bradley Blaze joins TCW. Feel like they are at the mercy of being child company to TCW. Who Sam Keith gave the company to is uncertain. The challenge is being child company with own identity and developing TCW's trainees. Probably one of weakest rosters from starting point. 

NYCW- Tennesse William has left company to SWF/TCW/USPW (as he can fit ANY style). The DiMeo Family has become major point of company. Sal DiMeo is champion, Brutus Milano who failed as babyface of company joined the family, and the rest are underwhelming. The Architect is other focal point of company as a heel. Masked Stranger is being positioned to be lead babyface but in danger of being poached. Hawkeye Calhoun will have an alter ego for real name Bobby Knox and can turn into a solid babyface with right booking. I can see Charlie Corner could be a recent signee. The lack of financial resources and main event babyfaces are biggest challenges to NYCW. Larry Vessey will still be owner (this will be last game for him as owner) and will be as cheap as you can be. 

PSW-Big Turnover in PSW. Ernest Youngman has been hired by TCW. Rich & Famous joined SWF, and as previously stated Ash Campbell will be in IPW as booker. Sayeed Ali and Blood Legion (still in PSW) will have joined him. The reason Ash left due to disagreement on product style. Cowboy Buck is in TCW. Following success of The Steel Circle, Mitch Naess decided to step away from hardcore product into more of mainstream product. Nelson Callum, Xavi Ferrera, and Logan Wolfsbaine (also tagging with James Diaz in Japan) lead the main event scene. Devil May Care have broken up with Stuntman becoming Simon Ice and they are feuding over midcard title. Austin Smooth is positioned to be pushed to main eventer. Dustin Deuce (always thought like Edge) is showing flashes to be a star. Chip Martin joined the company and is reminding people of his dad. Samoan Destruction (Arthur Dexter Bradley joins company) are nearing retirement but still solid. Little Bill & Dead Bolt retired. Original Sinner retired his dads partner. They should have a strong CE due to Eric Tyler, Johnny Martin, Alex Braun and JD Morgan. The challenge is replacing chunk of roster while keeping main eventers around.   

Feel like Rich Money's "protege" Sterling Whitlock will get main event push that backfired. New Wave got back together and are on retirement run. 

Edited by JrSquared

49 minutes ago, JrSquared said:

Just some Ideas to make US Indy Scene liven up a bit. 

CZCW-If they keep women's wrestling integrated, I predict there's a female champion.

On my playthroughs as other companies, unless someone snaps them up on a written, CZCW usually will hire Debbie Rose and/ or Kate Lilly, and often they'll get a COTT Tag Title run, and it's not unusual to see either challenge (and win) the big title in CZCW.

CWA: The Stone/DeColt alliance falls apart, with the DeColts splitting off to start a more entertainment style company. Their company and CWA are at war. CWA also has to rebuild their main event scene, with Cameron Vessey and Brooke Tyler having been poached by the American big three.

Japan: A new Joshi promotion starts up.

India: Finally has a promotion.

2 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

On my playthroughs as other companies, unless someone snaps them up on a written, CZCW usually will hire Debbie Rose and/ or Kate Lilly, and often they'll get a COTT Tag Title run, and it's not unusual to see either challenge (and win) the big title in CZCW.

Exactly I feel like it would be neat thing in CZCW to have a girl be the world champ. 

11 hours ago, Crym said:

TCW can't just be on the losing end every game though. Since 2010 they've suffered a big loss every game, and I'd like it to happen to SWF every once in a while (after all the only truly major loss they had was from 2013 to 2016)

See, I think they can be on the losing end every game.

There is a two bigger, more wealthy companies in USPW and SWF. If anything, it is odd that TCW remain as strong as they are.

TNA has been on a consistent downturn since what - 2010? Being a company that is "big but can't compete with the biggest" tends to either result in you finding a way to innovate and reach the top guys, or slowly fade out. 

2 minutes ago, Acey said:

There is a two bigger, more wealthy companies in USPW and SWF. If anything, it is odd that TCW remain as strong as they are.

TNA has been on a consistent downturn since what - 2010? Being a company that is "big but can't compete with the biggest" tends to either result in you finding a way to innovate and reach the top guys, or slowly fade out. 

I hate to admit it, but there's a part of me who'd love if the game started literally a day after TCW shut it's doors and everyone under contract was a free agent. Just pure chaos. 

• Like 2

TCW being bought by Bri-Co makes people think they will grow and increase resources. I think the opposite could be interesting. Where the new ownership has been frugal. Aaron Andrews, T-Bone Bright, and Wolf Hawkins are still under deal but the rest of roster can be game to jump elsewhere/retire. 

• Like 2

It's definitely curious that most people (myself included) think the US is heading for a sports entertainment dominated scene, with no major workrate promotion at all at a time where in the real world the main competition is very workrate based.

Posted (edited)

Hot (and bad takes): 

TCW and SWF merge to create an AEW comparable to tackle USPW. 

BHOTWG closes, BCG takes #2, WLW #3, PGHW thrives. Another Joshi company (Winnow) 

21CW loses Edward Cornell to USPW, and Tommy/Edward have a major falling out. 

Jack Bruce is embroiled in a scandal, don't know why but full send.

India finally has some real lore to it.

China becomes an active place, and WLW have a working agreement with the company there.

Europe thrives, and an influx of talented men/women surge upward to tackle 21CW as well. Meanwhile, SNP is dead.

Australia struggles as well, thanks to USPW. Swoop goes bye-bye. 

Mexico vibes out, EMLL closes due to severe politicking or at the brink. OLLIE is OLLIE, eternally. Champagne Lover returns and somehow books EILL or owns it, or something.

Half of these aren't that serious, but I do think some of them can actually happen.

Edited by Peria

Ok, lets be fun and morbid. Who kicks it?

I imagine a couple of the old timers: Professor Nero, Micky Starr, Hanshiro Furusawa....

I'm also thinking someone young might be struck down. I don't think it's happened since Shawn Gonzalez. Seems like the CVerse is due for an untimely visit from the Reaper.

3 minutes ago, RingRider said:

I imagine a couple of the old timers: Professor Nero, Micky Starr, Hanshiro Furusawa....

I'm also thinking someone young might be struck down. I don't think it's happened since Shawn Gonzalez. Seems like the CVerse is due for an untimely visit from the Reaper.

Plot twist, Scythe is legitimately the grip reaper!

As for a serious prediction, I really want Edd Stone as a main eventer.  

I'm going to predict that, TCW will become the Number 2 in the US, with Mikey Lau jumping and reforming with Frankie Perez, Ernest Youngman will be in the big 3 competing in the midcard. MAW will be fully owned by TCW with Sam Keith being in TCW booking commitee, but still owns MAW. I also predict that there will be some sort of screw job level talent jump, if  had to guess, Aaron if it from TCW, Remo if SWF, and Champion if USPW.

One of IPW and GSW will of folded and most of the top talent between the 2 of them will of moved to a big 3 company

In Japan KC Glenn will of completed the Jrs in BHOTWG and makes a move to join his mentor, in which ever company Joey Morgan is in, with BHOTWG falling in business and can't afford to keep him and Matthew Keith, who joins his twin and Dad in TCW. BCG will of grown to be either number 2 or very close to being number 2, with Findley being the dominant Gaijin.

The Australian scene implodes with RAW losing its TV deal due to controversy angle and all the talent goes to over companies, even different continents.

CWA becomes an Alliance, and NOTBPW and CGC basically reform, but under the same company ownership.

Ollie becomes an actual rival to EILL and EMLL rise quickly.

India will of been forgotten about, with nothing added there

1 hour ago, RingRider said:

Garry the Entertainer...'s puppet.

3 hours ago, RingRider said:

I had to bring Pepper Pelton back from the dead recently...probably not a good sign for the next game. 

13 hours ago, Acey said:

Thing is, SWF had hints of potential trouble with Jerry and Eric clashing heads/not being as good as Richard, while TCW had a rough patch but have been on the upswing, even after losing Rocky. Plus, the top 2 being sports entertainment and slightly less watered down sports entertainment is kind of boring for me. If TCW was ever going to finally beat SWF, now would be the time

• Like 3

On 7/7/2024 at 12:30 PM, Crym said:

The Operation Lullaby story arch ending in Richard Eisen leaving seems like a setup for chaos. TCW is like the TNA of the C-verse. I don't believe they'll ever die, but they'll never be a top promotion again

6 hours ago, d12345 said:

The Operation Lullaby story arch ending in Richard Eisen leaving seems like a setup for chaos. TCW is like the TNA of the C-verse. I don't believe they'll ever die, but they'll never be a top promotion again

Agreed. It's weird. You have USPW which is shaping up to be WCW levels of disfunction with backstage politics and SWF who have two inept owners actively hating each other both completely in the wrong job and both companies will still he hugely popular and profitable. TCW will have a nice backstage and competent management with great young wrestlers and be barely above indie levels 😆

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Truth said:

Agreed. It's weird. You have USPW which is shaping up to be WCW levels of disfunction with backstage politics and SWF who have two inept owners actively hating each other both completely in the wrong job and both companies will still he hugely popular and profitable. TCW will have a nice backstage and competent management with great young wrestlers and be barely above indie levels 😆

And just like that real life has been simulated. lol

Id love for a change up feel like in 2016 and 2020 SWF was boring to play since their roster is stacked.  I feel like TCW, SWF, and USPW should each offer a different type of challenge when playing through. Theres been so much similarity in them in these editions would be nice for some variety.

TCW can be like 2013-2014 TNA where theres some bright spots but lacking depth and direction,. Aaron Andrews to me can be like an AJ Styles like figure. TNA wasnt the same after he left. 

SWF can be like recent (before Triple H) WWE where they have the talent and resources but due to incompetent owner/bookers they cant get there. 

USPW can be 2000 WCW just pure chaos and disfunction.