General Gameplay Questions Thread

Hey, so how do tours work now?

Like, I notice that for touring companies you need a "tour start" and "tour end" event each time (which I don't really like, or think is necessary, but that's neither here nor there), but then do preset tours not work if the dates don't match?

Like, for example, if I have a company touring from January 1st to February 28th, and I have an event in January that starts on the first Monday of every month, but the first Monday isn't the 1st, will that tour just not happen? I'm confused by this.

1 hour ago, ritwik said:

How do I send a worker to my development territory as a trainer, or to just work there?

Edit: how to even offer developmental deals to workers? 

If that still works as it does in 2020 (as I assume it does, since Adam didn't mention anything about that aspect changing), then developmental contracts aren't a thing; you need to bring them in as if they were going to be on your main roster first, THEN choose to send them to development once they sign with you. It seems counter-intuitive, but you'll eventually get the hang of it. Once they're on the roster, click "Send Away" and you'll see the option to send 'em to Dev. Again, if that's been unchanged.

Also, I noticed in 2020, for development, they'll complain about being too popular for development at 10 popularity or higher in your home region for an insignificant company, then every 20 levels of popularity thereafter for each subsequent size, so 30 for tiny, 50 for small, 70 for medium, etc. Not sure if this has changed, I've spent the night editing a DB and will probably be actually playing tomorrow, but I assume none of that has changed.

Edited by Spoons
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Spoons said:

If that still works as it does in 2020 (as I assume it does, since Adam didn't mention anything about that aspect changing), then developmental contracts aren't a thing; you need to bring them in as if they were going to be on your main roster first, THEN choose to send them to development once they sign with you. It seems counter-intuitive, but you'll eventually get the hang of it. Once they're on the roster, click "Send Away" and you'll see the option to send 'em to Dev. Again, if that's been unchanged.

Also, I noticed in 2020, for development, they'll complain about being too popular for development at 10 popularity or higher in your home region for an insignificant company, then every 20 levels of popularity thereafter for each subsequent size, so 30 for tiny, 50 for small, 70 for medium, etc. Not sure if this has changed, I've spent the night editing a DB and will probably be actually playing tomorrow, but I assume none of that has changed.

Thank you! It is disappointing that the ability to send workers to train others in development has not been restored (it was present in 2016, but inexplicably removed in 2020). 

• Like 1

Do wrestlers grow? For example should I put Andre the Giant in at his full kayfabe height, or would I start him a bit shorter and let him grow over time? I'm sure weight can fluctuate, but will height ever increase after a debut? 

• Like 1

This is a very beginner question, but is there a faster way to book someone in a match than looking for them in the drop down? No, I have never played any of these games before so I don't know the tricks.

Just now, sking1123 said:

This is a very beginner question, but is there a faster way to book someone in a match than looking for them in the drop down? No, I have never played any of these games before so I don't know the tricks.

You can begin typing their name or you can drag them over from the selection menu to the left

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ExRufas2000 said:

Angle question: What's the best way to "target" someone in a promo / interview.?

Example:  Cody Rhodes calls out Solo Sikoa.  Solo isn't in the angle (or that part of it). What would Solo's role be in the angle (in game, not "Tribal Chief" lol. )? 

I don't see a "target" role. It might also be nice to have certain types of promos like "challenge", "verbal assault", "Olive Branch" etc. 

For this specific one, I would say Solo is the target and "off screen".

Similar to this though, I'd like to know what if the target is on scene and in the ring... then another comes out and cuts a promo on them. Would the one in the ring be the "victim", I have no idea what the target of an on-screen worker would be.

8 hours ago, Kingster said:

Does anyone know where I can find the description for the finishing moves? It's not under "alter move set", so where is it?

Go to "alter move set", and where it says "add move", go to the desired finisher and there should be a description for it. It doesn't look like there's one for the 450 splash which is probably why you missed it, but the others that I've seen have a description. 

9 hours ago, St. Templar said:

Is anybody else getting an Error 94: Invalid Use of Null" when trying to convert a TEW2020 database into a TEW9 database?

St.T

I did, yeah. I had an issue with my Hall of Fame, and Hall of Immortals, but as I just wanted to see the title stats, and not properly play it, I just went back to TEW 2020, and mass deleted all items of the HoF and HoI, and it worked. 

And I think it's been fixed for the second patch now, anyway. 

Edited by MadsMC

27 minutes ago, MadsMC said:

Go to "alter move set", and where it says "add move", go to the desired finisher and there should be a description for it. It doesn't look like there's one for the 450 splash which is probably why you missed it, but the others that I've seen have a description. 

Oh, it was right there. 🙈 Thank you.

My final post about Angles.  I've been playing a lot (about six hours) and booking shows nonstop, the angle screen drags big time.  It takes all the wind out of my sails.  Tons more clicks, tons more clicking and is not fun at all.  I get that it allows dynamic booking but holy cow does it slow down the game entirely.  

While I understand it allows more creativity, it just doesn't allow a flow to booking.  It is super tedious.  Adam, please come up with a quicker solution or allow QUICK ANGLE to be the old angle screen from 2020.  

Edit - Maybe it is the button configuration as well.  I'm not sure.  I love all the updates but this seriously is a major drag on my game.  It would also be different if I could create my own angles and save them to use for repeat use but add new talent.

Edited by Zero
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

Really enjoying the demo so far...Love the new angle system and the renders are growing on me....

One question which was an issue for me in the TEW 2020....Is there a way to turn off the "The crowd were totally turned off by having a match on the main show between workers they don't have any investment in" penalty  for having a match with two unimportant wrestlers?

53 minutes ago, Ricnaitch said:

error 3021?

All errors should be reported in the Tech Support forum, but that particular error has already been reported here so unless you have information that hasn't already been posted in that topic, it's probably best you wait until it's been fixed and then download the subsequent patch. 🙂

35 minutes ago, Alienated said:

Considering we can only start saves in January for the beta, is it possible to convert a 2020 database that's in a different month and start editing, even if you can't actually play it at the moment?

My converted DB started in March.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Alienated said:

Considering we can only start saves in January for the beta, is it possible to convert a 2020 database that's in a different month and start editing, even if you can't actually play it at the moment?

You can. Just won't be able to use it until the full game release

• Like 1

Hey all, my go-to fed is CZCW and the roster is integrated. However, when I go to the roster screen it shows each wrestler in men's or women's division (see pic below). I was still able to do matches between men and women on my first show regardless of their default division.

I did figure out how to update their divisions though. When on the roster screen, I select the wrestler icon to go to their alter details pop-up. In that pop-up is the "competes in" dropdown and can select the following: men's division, women's division, unrestricted and unassigned. I am starting to select unrestricted for all of my wrestlers just for my own organization. However, will this affect my playthrough of the game or is this just an organizational tool?

image.thumb.png.1a2971dfe17792d34fe5354227d3a2e4.png