General Gameplay Questions Thread

10 hours ago, Jaysin said:

For what reasons would child companies not run shows?

They have large rosters, announce teams, CEOs, Head Bookers, road agents, referees, managers, and personalities. They're Medium size promotions and I've tried changing their schedule from Created Tours to Weekly and they won't run shows. Their entire rosters have perception as "To Be Decided". 

I'm starting the save over tomorrow, but trying to narrow this down to fix  it. 

Have you seen the oddness going on in the Effverse too? I wonder if it's related.

2 hours ago, jhd1 said:

If you want to PM me a copy I can try and have a look. Entirely up to you of course 

I think I may have realized the problem, or at least possibly. Before starting a game, I added the rosters I wanted for my developmental via the editor and adjusted respective contracts. When I start a save this way, most of the roster is listed as Unimportant. So I'm going to try and fiddle with popularity a bit to see if I can get them higher perception and running shows. 

2 hours ago, Wonk said:

Have you seen the oddness going on in the Effverse too? I wonder if it's related.

I haven't tried the Effverse out this iteration and haven't followed the thread either sadly. 

5 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

I think I may have realized the problem, or at least possibly. Before starting a game, I added the rosters I wanted for my developmental via the editor and adjusted respective contracts. When I start a save this way, most of the roster is listed as Unimportant. So I'm going to try and fiddle with popularity a bit to see if I can get them higher perception and running shows. 

Yep, that's it. If the company doesn't have enough workers outside of unimportant it won't run shows. Try dropping the company pop.

3 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Haven't tried removing the dev company relationship, but no, the rosters are all my development workers, road agents, etc. 

The workers all have popularity ranging from 0-mid 70s and they're all contracted for all events. 

The only thing I can think of is maybe the rosters are too big and it's causing an issue? I added myself as new players to see if there were any issues, but didn't see anything glaring. 

Going to start over today and see if I have the same issues.

How does the popularity of your workers compare to the size of your child company? If all of the workers would be unimportant the AI won't run shows.

14 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

I haven't tried the Effverse out this iteration and haven't followed the thread either sadly. 

I've only been keeping an eye on the thread but the tale of zombie companies just stopping running shows / not running them at all seems to match what you're seeing.

edit: NVM - should have checked there before posting. looks resolved 

Edited by Wonk

5 hours ago, ATN90 said:

Is there a way to stop computer generated workers from appearing? Didn't find anything in the handbook and editor.

Not sure on stopping ... some are already set to debut in the core database and many mods.  In the in game editor area there is an option to disable regeneration which would stop retiring workers respawning as young workers I imagine but probably doesn't stop dojos and schools producing workers as that is set in all of those.  To get them to stop you would sort of have to close all the schools and close any new ones that spawn when certain workers retire.  You can probably stop most new workers by killing the schools and disabling regeneration but I cant recall seeing any option to totally stop new workers debuting, without schools I cant imagine there would be many though.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, alpha2117 said:

Not sure on stopping ... some are already set to debut in the core database and many mods.  In the in game editor area there is an option to disable regeneration which would stop retiring workers respawning as young workers I imagine but probably doesn't stop dojos and schools producing workers as that is set in all of those.  To get them to stop you would sort of have to close all the schools and close any new ones that spawn when certain workers retire.  You can probably stop most new workers by killing the schools and disabling regeneration but I cant recall seeing any option to totally stop new workers debuting, without schools I cant imagine there would be many though.

The closest you can come is to require pictures and then eliminate free pictures from your photo folder.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, beemer said:

What is "Overwhelmed by Manager" in the dirt sheet? I get it's a penalty, but what is it indicating? That the manager's skills are too far above the wrestler?

I imagine it's when the Manager is way too popular like Marc Mero & Sable.  Where it's the Manager who matters not the worker.  New workers probably always get it when you put them with a really popular Manager (like Ted Dibiase back int he day) but as their pop rises it probably goes away if you get the worker over.  It would make logical sense if it worked that way.  I only really look at the Dirt Sheet when things tank and haven't seen it but at insignificant levels and the like nobody is all that popular so the games I have played in TEWIX may not have got that sort of result anyway.

1 minute ago, Doctor Crunch said:

The closest you can come is to require pictures and then eliminate free pictures from your photo folder.

Oh yeah I should have thought of that.  Again like killing the schools it's a lot of faffing about to get it to do something that wouldn't really happen in the real world I guess.  It's not really what the game would be designed to do.

1 hour ago, alliegolem said:

Observed: When I hire a worker based in Japan in my US company, and they then move to the US, they get offered touring contracts.

Check your worker that have moved. As soon as they relocate their "Based In" on their profile changes to where they have moved to so this would seem intentional to me.

Edited by VBigB

48 minutes ago, Eugucgi said:

A small thing in the default database, 5SSW's Hoshiko Tagawa is not assigned to the Women's Division. But it seem sto be a regular woman. How to change that?  I don't find where one can assign a division.

In the Editor under Loyalty there is a Division area.  Pretty much dead center of the screen.  It's also in the In Game Editor for Workers again pretty much the middle of the first screen.  She was right for mine. 

Edited by alpha2117
  • Like 1

I have long shows with mandatory comedy matches. So I usually immediately get the crowd hot with an angle and a match, do a wild brawl match, then midway through the card, do a comedy match.  From that point forward I try to build up to White Hot again. I will sometimes shift around angles and matches while the show is running when I don't want to waste a White Hot crowd.

• Like 1

Any tips on getting positive relationships to form? I use positive meddling constantly, but in two years of game time I haven't seen anyone form a relationship past positive opinions. I know they're supposed to form after pre-show events now, but even with a positive backstage environment I'm not really getting those.

2 minutes ago, codey_v3 said:

Any tips on getting positive relationships to form? I use positive meddling constantly, but in two years of game time I haven't seen anyone form a relationship past positive opinions. I know they're supposed to form after pre-show events now, but even with a positive backstage environment I'm not really getting those.

Really ... Maybe the fact I hired so many people with high sex appeal has an effect because in 1 year my fed became like one of those reality dating shows with people starting dating fairly regularly.   

6 minutes ago, alpha2117 said:

Really ... Maybe the fact I hired so many people with high sex appeal has an effect because in 1 year my fed became like one of those reality dating shows with people starting dating fairly regularly.   

I’m actually finding the same issue as the above poster with QAW. I’m in May 2025 now and I’ve only had one mentorship form and my user character formed a friendship Daniel Sweetheart due to post show speeches. But normal friendships / enemies don’t seem to progress far enough to go beyond positive / negative opinion from all the backstage incidents. And that’s all with a weekly TV show and 1 event a month for the entire duration of the game. I even started this January to use positive meddle between the same 2 workers (with a high chance of success) almost every show and it still hasn’t progressed whatever meter is used in the background enough to form a friendship. I’m going to keep at for the rest of the year but it looks to me like friendship / enemies is under tuned. Dating really isn’t a thing in my QAW as I only have 4 male workers and all my female staff are straight.

I

18 minutes ago, VBigB said:

I’m actually finding the same issue as the above poster with QAW. I’m in May 2025 now and I’ve only had one mentorship form and my user character formed a friendship Daniel Sweetheart due to post show speeches. But normal friendships / enemies don’t seem to progress far enough to go beyond positive / negative opinion from all the backstage incidents. And that’s all with a weekly TV show and 1 event a month for the entire duration of the game. I even started this January to use positive meddle between the same 2 workers (with a high chance of success) almost every show and it still hasn’t progressed whatever meter is used in the background enough to form a friendship. I’m going to keep at for the rest of the year but it looks to me like friendship / enemies is under tuned. Dating really isn’t a thing in my QAW as I only have 4 male workers and all my female staff are straight.

I can confirm that gay relationships do form as I have like 10 Exoticos and 2 of them did start dating.  With mine almost everyone is a positive influence and the average age is 23 - given 2 of the people are 40 we are talking really young and relatively attractive so it may well be that happiness, sex appeal and age effect things like dating frequency.   The Great Kendo and Spider Isako was the first domino to fall but after that which was about 4 months into my save it was on.  I've had very few fights again I think because people are largely positive.  Very little issues with La Cisne, Texas Hangman or Reina Hoshino who are all mildly negative but also all happy.  I think it's sort of driven by various factors plus randomness.  As you said in QAW a bunch of straight women with few males around aren't getting any of the positive or negative dating things.  With me the only place I've really had much negative is in the Booking room and even then nothing that has resulted in a permanent negative thing as far as I can determine.  I see stuff in the news feeds regularly especially in the places with bad morale - SNP is a basket case for instance..