General Gameplay Questions Thread

On 8/3/2024 at 1:19 AM, cesspool said:

Apparently, you failed to reach the minimum quality threshold for the broadcaster and time slot. It shows up when you're negotiating a broadcast deal, and you can see it on your "Broadcasting" section from your office.

I'm fairly sure that on the developer's journal it was said that, if that happens, in TEX IX you can get another deal with a broadcaster of a smaller size (say, your failed deal was with a "Big" broadcaster, you should be fine if you tried negotiating with one that is medium-sized or below). I haven't tried testing that yet, though. In TEW 2020 you had an extended "probation" period of sorts where you couldn't get a deal with anyone, which always came across as overly harsh to me. 

This probation is what's happening to me actually. Even Wrestleworld won't accept me because it's been less than 3 months since debut of my TV show. 

4 hours ago, kemicode said:

This probation is what's happening to me actually. Even Wrestleworld won't accept me because it's been less than 3 months since debut of my TV show. 

Hmm. That's curious. The Developer's Journal clearly stated:

Broadcasting Failure Blocks

By request, the blocks from negotiating a new broadcasting deal because of a recent failure have been modified; instead of a blanket ban, it now applies only to broadcasters of the same size or bigger than the one that was involved in the failure. This allows companies a little more wriggle room as they can "regroup" on a smaller broadcaster and work their way back up. This stops the situation where a company could effectively be doomed by one failure and just gives the game more realism and subtlety.

I don't know if anyone else has gone through this process yet.

16 hours ago, christmas_ape said:

Am I right in thinking that if I have a wrestler signed to a written (non exclusive) contract with an iron clad clause, then I can't lose them for the duration of the contract? 

You can have these accepted at fairly low levels. Do they not effectively make people poach proof? 

That's how it reads in the help file, but it seems too good to be true. 

For example, let's say Xavi Ferrera for PSW. I don't want to stop him working for FCW, but I want to stop him being poached. He will accept a written contract with ironclad clause for pretty cheap. 

I mean he will also accept an exclusive one as well but I like the idea of allowing my wrestlers to gain experience/pop elsewhere. I'm just surprised he will accept a written/ironclad deal, didn't it used to be only large promotions/cult ones with lots of money/momentum? 

Workers on written deals with the iron clad contract will be "unpoachable", in the sense that they will have to work out the remainder of their deal with you no matter what. However, if it works like 2020, that won't stop other companies from offering them Exclusive Written deals.

Think of the Iron Clad clause as a way to ensure that you don't have your worker just up and bail on you at the first hint of something better. Instead, they'll still take the something better, but you'll have time to write them out of feuds or finish their story before they leave.

7 minutes ago, Jack Iscariot said:

Workers on written deals with the iron clad contract will be "unpoachable", in the sense that they will have to work out the remainder of their deal with you no matter what. However, if it works like 2020, that won't stop other companies from offering them Exclusive Written deals.

Think of the Iron Clad clause as a way to ensure that you don't have your worker just up and bail on you at the first hint of something better. Instead, they'll still take the something better, but you'll have time to write them out of feuds or finish their story before they leave.

OK, thanks for the answer. 

That's what I thought, just seems pretty overpowered. Despite being small in size people will accept written iron clad contracts for very cheap,  so for say 2 years I've got them. I know technically if they signed for someone else who had a show on the same day it would be an issue but that would be unlikely/something you could work around. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, christmas_ape said:

OK, thanks for the answer. 

That's what I thought, just seems pretty overpowered. Despite being small in size people will accept written iron clad contracts for very cheap,  so for say 2 years I've got them. I know technically if they signed for someone else who had a show on the same day it would be an issue but that would be unlikely/something you could work around. 

It's definitely something that should be looked at. In 20, it seemed like companies bigger than Medium would never go after wrestlers on written contracts, because they want only wrestlers on exclusive. It was a great way to "hide" workers, especially if you didn't mind them working side gigs for bigger indies. I suspect not much has changed in this iteration.

If a guy gets a lucrative exclusive contract while on written, there should be an incident where he requests his current contract match the amount, or requests his release, and gets appropriately upset if the players refuses.

• Like 2

I don't get the "competes in" settings.

Started a game with CZCW, which has "intergender wrestling". Yet, every wrestler on the roster is set to either "men's division" or "women's division".

What does this mean? Does this effectively override the "intergender wrestling" setting in the product because wrestlers will only ever want to wrestle agains the same gender? Makes no sense to me. What am I missing?

5 minutes ago, Kingster said:

I don't get the "competes in" settings.

Started a game with CZCW, which has "intergender wrestling". Yet, every wrestler on the roster is set to either "men's division" or "women's division".

What does this mean? Does this effectively override the "intergender wrestling" setting in the product because wrestlers will only ever want to wrestle agains the same gender? Makes no sense to me. What am I missing?

I think it is the other way around. Intergender Wrestling overrides the competes in setting. Competes in is just sets which dvision they would fight in if the divisions were divided.

23 minutes ago, Doctor Crunch said:

I think it is the other way around. Intergender Wrestling overrides the competes in setting. Competes in is just sets which dvision they would fight in if the divisions were divided.

Yeah, makes sense I guess.

What I find confusing is that the division setting is apparently a contract setting. Why would everybody's contract be set to a specific division when the company has an intergender wrestling product?

There's also another gender setting for every worker "men's/women's division only" "primarily men's/Women's division" etc.

I find this all really confusing.

Plus: In the developer's journal it says the contract settings cannot override the general settings for a worker. Yet, the game lets me book American Flash (men's division only) against a woman...?

Edited by Kingster

20 minutes ago, Kingster said:

What I find confusing is that the division setting is apparently a contract setting. Why would everybody's contract be set to a specific division when the company has an intergender wrestling product?

Because you may not always be an intergender wrestling product. If you ever change the product, people have to have a division. As long as you are an intergender product then it has no effect, which is why it's not displayed when viewing the roster.

20 minutes ago, Kingster said:

Plus: In the developer's journal it says the contract settings cannot override the general settings for a worker. Yet, the game lets me book American Flash (men's division only) against a woman...?

You can book men vs women because you're an intergender company. American Flash's settings don't come into play because you don't have any restrictions for them to work upon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the only thing i find less easy   is the post event  adress the locker room    since i can'T see the matchs ratings  it's hard to know who i should praise or not        but i love the post event finance and all the others

Edited by bamjunior177
  • Like 2

If I want to simply do an angle where one guy is rated on entertainment and the second guy is rated on overness. Would the best route be "cut a promo" and that guy is rated on entertainment and then whoever he is targeted are they just "on screen non speaking" what is the best way to get value out of them. If someone is on screen and not speaking is their influence on the angle rated lower than the person talking? Is that person that is non speaking are they just rated on overness? So essentially entertainment skills, overness, scripting/improvise, and storyline heat would be the factors in that angles rating? 

Just looking to do a good old fashioned wrestling promo where one guy runs down another. 

Edited by Stennick

Will be buying the game soon either way as I'm firmly hooked (the angle system has clicked for me and is perhaps the best new thing in a wrestling game I've seen in ages), but have loading times been improved from the beta?

I'm not sure if this is just a setting I'm missing, but I can't figure out how to get the game to show the match types I'm using in the results.

For example, in 2020 if I were to use a Ladder Match it would say something to the effect of:

"Name defeated Name in a Ladder match"

This time around, it seems like the results don't capture the match types outside of battle royals. Is there a way to change this or were the results slimmed down for archiving reasons or something?

3 hours ago, AJWindsor said:

I'm not sure if this is just a setting I'm missing, but I can't figure out how to get the game to show the match types I'm using in the results.

For example, in 2020 if I were to use a Ladder Match it would say something to the effect of:

"Name defeated Name in a Ladder match"

This time around, it seems like the results don't capture the match types outside of battle royals. Is there a way to change this or were the results slimmed down for archiving reasons or something?

A match has to be set as Has Name Value to show up in histories.

1 hour ago, kg04 said:

Can somebody tell me what the "Worker X was penelised for physical condition" penalty is? I'd assume it could be the general state of their body but I'm not sure.

It is the state of their body.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HarmonyOfDissonance said:

Are night 1/night 2 events allowed to have two separate names? 

Like can night 1 be "Mayhem" and Night 2 be "Backstage Assault" or will the game recognize those as two different show types and punish the player for it?

All that matters is that they have the same Multi Day Event text.

• Like 1