TEW IX Public Beta Release Reaction Thread

Its funny how gazwefc got banned for converting the CV to another wrestling sim (stealing greydogs IP), then Adam releases TEW IX with the gif images and company border that gaz invented, effectively stealing his IP, very hypocritical.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Callum07 said:

Its funny how gazwefc got banned for converting the CV to another wrestling sim (stealing greydogs IP), then Adam releases TEW IX with the gif images and company border that gaz invented, effectively stealing his IP, very hypocritical.

Gaz came up with a great idea, but that's all it was. He didn't invent GIF's and the shape that he originally "created" isn't even the shape TEW IX uses. And none of his work has been used in the process. The two examples you've supplied are not at all similar.

3 minutes ago, Polpetta5 said:

Hi Guys, i cannot proceed with my save due to the error 3079 the first friday of february

All errors should be posted in the Tech Support forum. However, I believe that particular error is already being looked at and could have already been fixed ready for tonight's newest patch, so you should wait until then. 🙂

• Like 3

I asked over and over and over in the dev journal if I was understanding correctly that preset angles were being removed entirely. No answer. Had I known this was the case, I would have stopped even following the progress of the dev journal weeks ago. That's how bad an idea it is. For me personally its a deal breaker. I can't play the game this way. The angle creation is fine....but how in the world was that not complemented with preset angles? I'm still in disbelief wondering, am I missing something? By the reaction I've seen, it doesn't appear so. Why make it even harder and take even longer to book shows? 

Edited by D16NJD16
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, D16NJD16 said:

I asked over and over and over in the dev journal if I was understanding correctly that preset angles were being removed entirely. No answer. Had I known this was the case, I would have stopped even following the progress of the dev journal weeks ago That's how bad an idea it is. For me personally its a deal breaker. I can't play the game this way. The angle creation is fine....but how in the world was that not complemented with preset angles? I'm still in disbelief wondering, am I missing something? By the reaction I've seen, it doesn't appear so. Why make it even harder and take even longer to book shows? 

It certainly takes some getting used to. I think a good medium would've been to include the option for pre-set angles alongside the overhauled angles. Or as many others have suggested in this thread, being able to save angles you create for ease of access.

33 minutes ago, Astil said:

This was in 2020? At least the show length was.

Oh wow, how have I never noticed that before? 😭

20 minutes ago, Nachtfalter said:

When you click on "News" on the right hand side of the website, you can filter previous news (including results which you can then filter for independent or tribute shows).

News.JPG.c46b526af566b0b8828f80d4113b15a1.JPG

Ah of course it's in news, thank you!

14 minutes ago, Callum07 said:

Oh is that why he isn't around here now? I did wonder.

19 minutes ago, Mammoth said:

Gaz came up with a great idea, but that's all it was. He didn't invent GIF's and the shape that he originally "created" isn't even the shape TEW IX uses. And none of his work has been used in the process. The two examples you've supplied are not at all similar.

All errors should be posted in the Tech Support forum. However, I believe that particular error is already being looked at and could have already been fixed ready for tonight's newest patch, so you should wait until then. 🙂

I get its not the same thing but still. Thr square border wasnt his original gif border shape but he went on to come up with many shapes, one of which was the one used in tew ix, the company logo backgrounds were actualy created using his psd template a long while back, effectively something he created was used to create the content in the game. Not arguing, just pointing it out.

Here is gaz's original template if anybody wants it to make there own logos - https://www.mediafire.com/file/hjekk2j7u8o4gnp/_Template.psd/file

Edited by Callum07

Just now, Astil said:

I honestly find it quicker to book angles with the new system. I never used premades though as the took longer to find than if I just made the angle.

After sleeping on it and giving it a go again this morning, I'm getting quicker with it. Chalk it up to growing pains for me.

8 hours ago, EdJames said:

Can confirm they 100% did…and on reflection, badly. Will fix.

Could you possibly do 1-2 alts of these:
- Alexis Lee Littlefeather (younger-looking)
- Amy St. James
- Farrah Hesketh (Cuter and younger-looking)
- Fuyuko Higa (less dark and cuter)
- Juliet Balconi (natural color hair)
- Kira Lee (longer hair)
- Lily Snyder (younger-looking)
- Lucy Stone-McFly (longer hair and natural color)
- Melody
- Nadia Snow
- Romi Yamato (younger-looking)
- Steffi Chee (younger-looking)
- Yayoi Kurmochi (different hairstyle)
- Zoe Ammis (younger-looking)

• Like 1

TEW 2016 player here -- I gave TEW 2020 a pass but I'm tempted by TEW IX, and it's fascinating seeing the reactions to the beta here.

Would love to hear reactions about how TEW IX books its AI shows.  Is it the same as TEW 2020?  Does it, for example, use the new angle system that players use?  I'm intrigued by the journal entries about the AI using managers now and likewise AI companies indicating that a certain worker is "a rising talent" or "in the doghouse."  Do the AI shows reflect this?  Does the booking look sensible?

Often with TEW 2016, I'd find myself losing interest in my saves because the AI competition just felt like it was serving up random shows instead of purposeful booking with the intent of entertaining their fans.

26 minutes ago, magik said:

Could you possibly do 1-2 alts of these:
- Alexis Lee Littlefeather (younger-looking)
- Amy St. James
- Farrah Hesketh (Cuter and younger-looking)
- Fuyuko Higa (less dark and cuter)
- Juliet Balconi (natural color hair)
- Kira Lee (longer hair)
- Lily Snyder (younger-looking)
- Lucy Stone-McFly (longer hair and natural color)
- Melody
- Nadia Snow
- Romi Yamato (younger-looking)
- Steffi Chee (younger-looking)
- Yayoi Kurmochi (different hairstyle)
- Zoe Ammis (younger-looking)

I think most of these are in the future update pack. 

• Like 1

Just to clear up confusion on my end, I'm not hating on the new approach to the angle system. Like I said, I love the new options, & I love that we can now have old school three minute promos that can potentially produce a great rating. 🙂 

My only qualm is that workers now complain about taking a storyline loss, whether it's minor, regular or major, in angle segments. I can post something in the suggestion board later, though.

• Like 5

I do like the use of the booking team and the backstage team.  I imagine you won't see the full effect of it in such a short window but liking what I'm seeing already.  When bringing new people in, I can use the creative to get a sure fire hit gimmick.  I'm going to use my creative energy to try and get as much of it to make Ricochet a sure fire hit with a hot angle and a hot story right for him joining. Already like this.

Also love the ability to free type commentary for my angles.  That will help TONS with my immersion into the game world.

26 minutes ago, benjirino said:

Neverrrr! Dark queen Fuyuko is my C-Verse Akira Hokuto!

I like it as well. She is going to be my promotion's equivalent to a joshi Rhea Ripley, based solely on me liking the new pic.

• Like 1

The new angle system is not great, it feels like such a slog to use that I no longer want to book the show. I have used a similar system in another booking game and that works great with the more responsive UI and it still has all of the preset angles to select from which greatly speeds up booking but gives you the flexibility to do something custom.

I don't think based on my demo experience so far that I will be purchasing TEW IX. The user experience feels worse than TEW2020, and I think things like the lack of full screen and the outdated UI is unacceptable to me in 2024.

I also really dislike the change to the roster page having to click multiple menus, there is so much wasted space on the page (the roster name bar is twice as wide as any name on the list, there is so much room for a wrestler bio, the icons everywhere are so large).

Other things like some menus being advanced with Y and others being advanced with space bar is annoying too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So Salina de la Renta pitched a sure fire hit idea for her story, but she needed to be involved in the story for 30 days. The idea expired after 20 odd days... shame. Not sure if this is a bug, or stuff like this will happen

2 minutes ago, Astil said:

Are these not the equivalent of premade angles?

image.png.65277d436c46322bab6f7fecb9b6d9f6.png 

They are but why would I want 8 options I still have to do all of the work to set up, when the previous game 2020 had around 400 presets that massively sped up the process and met like 95% of my needs?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So had a look around the game and overall I think it's solid. I feel like all the small - medium-size changes will add up and make a real difference. 

At first, I was concerned about there not being much in the way of roster changes at first glance, well big names anyway. but after looking deeper there's been some really fun changes. I also feel like there's been more effort in younger guys coming through either at the start of the game or in the very near future. If that has continued across the board then it'll be great.

I don't mind the Ai pics, some are a little wobbly, but some are a great improvement. but overall I much prefer it to the default pictures where there were  3 different generations of pics used. The Ai pics for me have breathed new life into a number of guys I was a bit meh about in previous games.  I'm also sure there's some Ai people in here that could improve even further.

I don't really like the front page when you click on a person, you have to go in further just to see the stats and again for the pop when there was a summary of it all on the front page of profiles in other games... it's just a bit annoying when you're trying to look at multiple people

11 minutes ago, GarryL said:

They are but why would I want 8 options I still have to do all of the work to set up, when the previous game 2020 had around 400 presets that massively sped up the process and met like 95% of my needs?

As the guy that modded that prebuilt angle list in 2020 to work...95% of the angle are in here. Only one I really see missing at first glance is special entrance.

TV Opening is just Cutting a Promo
Pull Apart Brawl is well Brawl
Monster Unleashed is beatdown

and so on

Also what work do you need to do here that isnt done in a pre made angle? I just tried a brawl, it went click angle, click quick add angle, click brawl, assign Money, assign Champion, click fill angle, click book segment 

As opposed to click angle, find brawl angle, click brawl angle, assign Money, assign Champion, click book segment.

Right?

Edited by Astil
  • Like 5