TEW IX Public Beta Release Reaction Thread

10 minutes ago, Frankerstein said:

I apologize if this has already been answered, but can the metric system be changed? I don't want to be using a converter from meters to pounds every time I want to know. Thx.

Not at the moment.

• Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Matt_Black said:

Really. I missed the part where the Canada and the U.K. have wrestling companies big enough to be on national television, to say nothing of the fact that the C-Verse U.S. has THREE. Even at wrestling's most popular, the real world could barely support two at that level.

Thats not what you said though - you said "The real world does not have the amount of companies that the C-Verse has had at any point in history".  

C-Verse has 35 Companies - 1 Huge, 4 Big, 4 Medium, 10 small, 14 Tiny and 2 insignificant.

The Top end is actually fairly close to reality with the WWE then NJPW, AEW, CMLL & AAA and then TNA, MLW, etc with the bottom end being much more populated with companies than the C-verse

WWE is much larger than USPW - in the C-Verse rather than one absolute behemoth there is more parity which is akin to the era of WWF, Jim Crockett and say WCCW so you are sort of looking at a world not unlike the later territory period before the Von Erich's crumbled under the weight of their internal tragedies.  

In the C-Verse Canada, Australia and the Isles house more successful companies than the real world but this is somewhat balanced out by Mexico being way down on the real world and Japan being positively barren in comparison to the real world. In almost all Regions the numbers of companies active is way less in the C-Verse.  The Australia, Canada and British Isles cases again reflect a world where the Territory system never really ended and where those countries had successful companies running shows on TV for many years before the then WWF changed the landscape.  For whatever reason both Japan and Mexico appear to never quite had the wrestling booms that the real world did in the C-Verse.  The C-Verse is basically a What If .... the Territory System never ended.

So you are definitely wrong in regards to the number of companies both now and historically and in regards to tv deals you are sort of wrong historically with many of those territory companies having TV but also sort of right in that said TV shows were usually in garbage slots late at night or in the mornings on the weekend, some national and others more localised.  Vince famously bought at least 2 companies purely to get their TV slots.   

• Like 8

4 hours ago, alpha2117 said:

Thats not what you said though - you said "The real world does not have the amount of companies that the C-Verse has had at any point in history".  

C-Verse has 35 Companies - 1 Huge, 4 Big, 4 Medium, 10 small, 14 Tiny and 2 insignificant.

The Top end is actually fairly close to reality with the WWE then NJPW, AEW, CMLL & AAA and then TNA, MLW, etc with the bottom end being much more populated with companies than the C-verse

WWE is much larger than USPW - in the C-Verse rather than one absolute behemoth there is more parity which is akin to the era of WWF, Jim Crockett and say WCCW so you are sort of looking at a world not unlike the later territory period before the Von Erich's crumbled under the weight of their internal tragedies.  

In the C-Verse Canada, Australia and the Isles house more successful companies than the real world but this is somewhat balanced out by Mexico being way down on the real world and Japan being positively barren in comparison to the real world. In almost all Regions the numbers of companies active is way less in the C-Verse.  The Australia, Canada and British Isles cases again reflect a world where the Territory system never really ended and where those countries had successful companies running shows on TV for many years before the then WWF changed the landscape.  For whatever reason both Japan and Mexico appear to never quite had the wrestling booms that the real world did in the C-Verse.  The C-Verse is basically a What If .... the Territory System never ended.

So you are definitely wrong in regards to the number of companies both now and historically and in regards to tv deals you are sort of wrong historically with many of those territory companies having TV but also sort of right in that said TV shows were usually in garbage slots late at night or in the mornings on the weekend, some national and others more localised.  Vince famously bought at least 2 companies purely to get their TV slots.   

Well put. You can take a look at this Wikipedia page to see just how much wrestling and promotions are on TV in countries that you don't even realize - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_wrestling_television_series

Promotions like 21CW, RAW, and CWA being able to draw in those game areas but being relatively unknown elsewhere is more common than you realize IRL.

35 minutes ago, nicoo said:

When will the full release  be online ?

Tomorrow (Saturday for anyone already a day ahead of me). As per the beta release, there won't be a time posted in advance and in the interest of saving this thread getting updated every minute with new posts - please don't rush this thread during the day tomorrow asking when the game will be posted as it won't make it go that much quicker (This isn't a point at you nicoo, it's just that you're the first post I've seen asking about the full release!) 

It will be communicated by Arlie when the game is available for full purchase.

• Like 2

I started my first edit project for TEW 9.  I added 2 women's dojos in America, one in Canada and 2 in Japan.  Also brought back the Cat's Lair as a school.  With the lore being that all are cooperating to help produce a bunch of fresh talent for the industry.  My plan is to edit in (before starting) enough high SQ talent to go around with the 2 women's promotions plus "both" promotions so that USPW/CWA and whatever is going on in Europe doesn't kill 5SSW and QAW dead within months.  Also was going to add in a smaller women's promotion in Japan with 20 or so workers that is allied with QAW.  Work some invasion angles and maybe form that kind of alliance with 5SSW down the line as well.

Maybe edit in some more super-solid women's tag teams with experience too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Big Roguey said:

Tomorrow (Saturday for anyone already a day ahead of me). As per the beta release, there won't be a time posted in advance and in the interest of saving this thread getting updated every minute with new posts - please don't rush this thread during the day tomorrow asking when the game will be posted as it won't make it go that much quicker (This isn't a point at you nicoo, it's just that you're the first post I've seen asking about the full release!) 

It will be communicated by Arlie when the game is available for full purchase.

Adam just posted a thread about it. The game is planning to be released at 10am MST/1PM EST.

2 minutes ago, Rschmandt22 said:

Adam just posted a thread about it. The game is planning to be released at 10am MST/1PM EST.

Yup so hopefully that means the ten pages of "is it out yet?" posts don't happen tomorrow. 😅

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Roguey said:

Yup so hopefully that means the ten pages of "is it out yet?" posts don't happen tomorrow. 😅

I agree! I hope you love the game. I've been having a good time with the beta so far. I've actually played more CVerse in the last week than I ever have, and I've been playing since TEW2016.

• Like 1

As a quick reference, 10am MST is 5pm BST (or whatever time code we're on in the UK, it might still be GMT at the mo), so it will be out early evening here in the Isles. 

36 minutes ago, 1PWfan said:

As a quick reference, 10am MST is 5pm BST (or whatever time code we're on in the UK, it might still be GMT at the mo), so it will be out early evening here in the Isles. 

It's 6pm, we're in BST so we're effectively GMT+1 so AZ is eight hours behind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrDouglash said:

Hey everyone. Sorry if this isn't the right place for this question, but is there any reason why we don't have the latest TEW games being sold on Steam?

GDS makes more money releasing them independently, not taking Steam's cut for hosting it.

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2024 at 8:25 AM, Goliathus said:

Is anyone successful in making a tournament? I can't seem to do it cuz no matter how I create one, it just went straight to completed. Not sure if it's a bug or what.

image.png.f4422ad7e45112d07aeecba700b541a2.png

I’m having the same issue.  Was trying to book the Rip Chord tournament for MAW and it kept announcing the winner straight away.

Apologies if already answered but is there a way to ensure that when you sign a wrestler, they only work for you? Signed MJF on an exclusive written contract for WWE but he is still listed on his profile page as working for AEW. Is there a way for me to force him to resign from AEW? Kinda defeats the purpose of signing him if he's on both rosters! 

Assuming you signed him when his contract was coming to an end, he will have to finish out the final few weeks of his old deal before he officially joins you - it's usually 3-4 weeks. Once that time has passed, he will be exclusively yours. If you go to him on your Roster page, it should say something like 'Contract starts in X days'.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hlock said:

Apologies if already answered but is there a way to ensure that when you sign a wrestler, they only work for you? Signed MJF on an exclusive written contract for WWE but he is still listed on his profile page as working for AEW. Is there a way for me to force him to resign from AEW? Kinda defeats the purpose of signing him if he's on both rosters! 

The way it worked for 2020 from what I saw is that handshake deals can be broken, written deals can't.

What I assume is happening is that MJF is on a Written deal so he has to fulfill his obligations even though you signed him on an exclusive contract so to get him exclusively for you, you would do what is done with exclusive contracts and wait for his deal to be up ( as written deals can't be ongoing ) and sign him to an exclusive contract.