TEW IX Public Beta Release Reaction Thread

1: Has the CornellVerse even been updated? It looks almost exactly the same as in 2020, which in itself looked almost exactly the same as 2016. Why does no one ever move between companies? Why do no companies try to recruit other companies' stars?

2: Can't see contract length on worker screen? Have to go through the company every time? Is it supposed to be like this?

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, TheChef said:

1: Has the CornellVerse even been updated? It looks almost exactly the same as in 2020, which in itself looked almost exactly the same as 2016. Why does no one ever move between companies? Why do no companies try to recruit other companies' stars?

2: Can't see contract length on worker screen? Have to go through the company every time? Is it supposed to be like this?

C-Verse updates are as basic and rare as they come , and the lack of anything done to women’s wrestling in the game has caused me to pretty much decide on passing on this version

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

To those asking about making title matches in pre-booking, there's a new tab for it now, right next to where it says Booking Details, above where you put in the Segment name. Took me a second to see it as well, fades into the background a bit

• Like 2

Spent an hour converting my TEW 2020 save game into a database, and manually entering the start and end date of each of the title reigns, just so that I could spend 5 minutes looking over for the title records from that save. The nerd in me was foaming at the mouth. Really like how the length of the title reign is also shown too. 

Loving what's happening with CWA & TCW. Alicia Strong going into politics was a nice surprise too! 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Big Roguey said:

I'd post this in the tech support area and if you can recreate it to capture any error codes that come up, post those too as it'll help Adam dial into where the issue is.

Oh thanks I'll try that.

Is there a way to view a full month calendar? I like the move to a real world schedule in theory, but it would help to be able to view the entire month's layout of shows in one screen.

3 minutes ago, codey_v3 said:

Is there a way to view a full month calendar? I like the move to a real world schedule in theory, but it would help to be able to view the entire month's layout of shows in one screen.

Go to Pre-Booking -> Availability

1 minute ago, EdJames said:

So…much…character…

IMG_3745.png.23130976e45b608b6f447a126bd28eee.png

I'd suggest that if you don't want people s**tting on your work in public you should probably avoid doing it with other people's.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

Loving it so far. Not a major fan of the angle change, but overall I dig the changes and love the additional data.

Post show screw is a little ugly/clunky. Could use a stronger interface.

1 hour ago, The Superman 3 of People said:

I had low expectations for the new renders when I found out that a human wasn't going to be involved in their creation, but I had expected that someone who knew what a human looked like would have reviewed these renders prior to their inclusion in the game. Combined with the lack of change in the Cornellverse this release, it looks like I'll have to make my own fun if I move forward with a purchase.

I am legitimately curious; which characters do you feel don't look human?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jericho4Ever12 said:

Can you direct me to the thread you’re speaking about? I’ve checked the mod section and see nothing about a day 1 update 

To avoid confusion, it's been removed until I can align these images with how they've been setup in the base game.

5 minutes ago, Markw said:

I'd suggest that if you don't want people shitting on your work in public you should probably avoid doing it with other people's.

What work? Did he post a cool painting of a bird on an earlier page that got some bad reviews or something? The only criticisms I've seen in this thread have been of either the game or the Midjourney homunculi that replaced other people's art from prior releases.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Having booked the COTT feds in TEW 2020, I'm shocked that Adam was the one who felt OLLIE was the one that would go under.  OLLIE was the fed that always and I mean always made a profit.  Get em a TV and PPV deal and you're rolling in profit.  Their situation wasn't really that dire at all.  IPW was the one that always lost money and I think that's the fed that should have croaked.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EdJames said:

Is it not a valid counter view then?

It's not a counter view, you're throwing mud at someone else's work instead. Just don't engage with it. Not everyone will like them, some people will. Some people will be respectful and others won't be.

• Like 8

Just now, jhd1 said:

It's not a counter view, you're throwing mud at someone else's work instead. Just don't engage with it. Not everyone will like them, some people will. Some people will be respectful and others won't be.

And to be clear, that's someone else's WORK. Someone had to open up Daz3D or Poser or whatever and then make a series of artistic choices that resulted in an outcome.

They didn't just type "white pro wrestler, blonde, scowling" and then call it a day.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, The Superman 3 of People said:

And to be clear, that's someone else's WORK. Someone had to open up Daz3D or Poser or whatever and then make a series of artistic choices that resulted in an outcome.

They didn't just type "white pro wrestler, blonde, scowling" and then call it a day.

Or just drag and drop an image in Daz or Poser into the AI tool and call it a day.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Superman 3 of People said:

I really wish it'd been that easy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1