๐ŸŸฃ ๐—˜๐——๐—๐—”๐— ๐—˜๐—ฆ ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐Ÿญ ๐—จ๐—ฝ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ | AI-Generated | Ultra-Realistic | GIF & JPG Versions

I already liked a good amount of these pics before, but some of these updates are legit gamechangers. Some of the old ones I prefer like theย Katya Kornishkova one, but for every one old one I like, I'm replacing like 15 more with these new ones. Mighty Mo went from looking like a 16 year old kid to an actual guy who should have a rocket strapped to him. I will miss the old Des Davids one because I legit thought it was just a picture of Francis Ngannou. What amazes/scares me about AI is how you could tell me some of these cuts were just people from the NXT roster page or lesser known UFC fighters and I'd believe it completely.

Also it's nice that with the CVerse having approx 1 million white bald guys with facial hair (as does actual real world wrestling I suppose), a lot of these guys still look different.ย The lighting consistency is a HUGE improvement. Great stuff overall and I can't wait to see what else you've got in store.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, 1PWfan said:

I'm loving these so far, though the new Ron South (NYCW's lead announcer) looks about 10 years too old (he's only 36 in the game and his new pic looks middle aged) and I don't love how goofy the default Crockett Tubbs image is, the pout and big glasses look a bit too comedy for me. Both still good quality images, just to be clear, and the majority are excellent.

image.gif.ec434553d47595db520dff1b6b25b7b6.gif

Here you go! Thanks for calling it out.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Atticus said:

I already liked a good amount of these pics before, but some of these updates are legit gamechangers. Some of the old ones I prefer like theย Katya Kornishkova one, but for every one old one I like, I'm replacing like 15 more with these new ones. Mighty Mo went from looking like a 16 year old kid to an actual guy who should have a rocket strapped to him. I will miss the old Des Davids one because I legit thought it was just a picture of Francis Ngannou. What amazes/scares me about AI is how you could tell me some of these cuts were just people from the NXT roster page or lesser known UFC fighters and I'd believe it completely.

Also it's nice that with the CVerse having approx 1 million white bald guys with facial hair (as does actual real world wrestling I suppose), a lot of these guys still look different.ย The lighting consistency is a HUGE improvement. Great stuff overall and I can't wait to see what else you've got in store.

Yeah, she's a tricky one as her render looks pretty vague to me - I couldn't even confidently call out her hair colour. Best guess is kind of a light brown with blonde highlights, or maybe a dark blonde. Funnily enough, Des Davids is one I'm not all that happy with an will probably get redone - I'm pretty sure I based the old one heavily on Francis on purpose.

Edited by EdJames

46 minutes ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

The AI graphics are much better. The cuts themselves are sometimes rough. with the edges really sticking out.ย 

cuts.png

Also, some images blend into the background, particularly in the stable view.

.cut2.png

cut3.png

Overall, I like the new pictures, but I think they would look better in the old style with a consistent background.

As it says in the intro; "the cuts will look rough - welcome to the limitations of 8-bit GIFS". You can't have transparency like you can on PNG which makes it very tricky. I'm trying to cut all of these at speed too at the moment, so faffing around in photoshop with hair for hours, image-by-image just isn't possible. If you find images like that, that don't work for you, please do fix them, send them back to me and I'll reupload them to the pack.ย 

Per the intro, here'll be a JPG pack done once all of these are finished with the old background (and probably a few others), so don't worry, that will be an option once the main pack is done.

Not sure quite what you want me to do about the stable point - I can't design, let alone test, 3,000+ images all looking amazing on every possible background you might throw at them. If a guy has black hair and he's on a black background....it'll probably blend in.ย 

ย 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

ย 

ย image.gif.2441ebee4d424c2f3523df7eeeb671e5.gifimage.gif.062626ca1fb9d1e223390b4f0e1dceae.gif

That's about as good as you're going to get it...you just can't smooth the edges any more than that on images so small (unless someone can tell me otherwise!)

ย 

Edited by EdJames
  • Like 2

hi Ed - thank you for going through the colossal effort to get a consistent look for the CVerse (and doing it a second time!). I tried it myself and even though the process is obviously different than making the renders one by one, it's still a big undertaking and takes a lot of time and effort.

Looking forward to you finishing up the rest of the Oceania guys, since that is where I play - can't wait to see what a second take at Hack The Hunter looks like, he's got future megastar written all over him.

Also looking forward to (hopefully) a release of the GPT. I was planning on trying to make my own so I could do my own alts and additional renders but if I had one that you use it would make my life (and a lot of other people's) a lot easier :)

I noticed at least one typo, so I'll post here if I see any more:

Izzy Descartes should be Izzy Decartes
Garfield Heath should be Garfield Harth

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, John Lions said:

hi Ed - thank you for going through the colossal effort to get a consistent look for the CVerse (and doing it a second time!). I tried it myself and even though the process is obviously different than making the renders one by one, it's still a big undertaking and takes a lot of time and effort.

Looking forward to you finishing up the rest of the Oceania guys, since that is where I play - can't wait to see what a second take at Hack The Hunter looks like, he's got future megastar written all over him.

Also looking forward to (hopefully) a release of the GPT. I was planning on trying to make my own so I could do my own alts and additional renders but if I had one that you use it would make my life (and a lot of other people's) a lot easier :)

I noticed at least one typo, so I'll post here if I see any more:

Izzy Descartes should be Izzy Decartes
Garfield Heath should be Garfield Harth

Thanks! Fixed. I've actually already redone Hack and he's in the backlog to be cut and resized - really just a relight of how he already looked.

Edited by EdJames
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EdJames said:

As it says in the intro; "the cuts will look rough - welcome to the limitations of 8-bit GIFS". You can't have transparency like you can on PNG which makes it very tricky. I'm trying to cut all of these at speed too at the moment, so faffing around in photoshop with hair for hours, image-by-image just isn't possible. If you find images like that, that don't work for you, please do fix them, send them back to me and I'll reupload them to the pack.ย 

Per the intro, here'll be a JPG pack done once all of these are finished with the old background (and probably a few others), so don't worry, that will be an option once the main pack is done.

Not sure quite what you want me to do about the stable point - I can't design, let alone test, 3,000+ images all looking amazing on every possible background you might throw at them. If a guy has black hair and he's on a black background....it'll probably blend in.ย 

ย 

Thanks for all your hard work on this!

I think a picture pack in the original style (small) at some point (I know you're busy with the graphics) would fix some of these issues.

Overall, this is a massive improvement over the original pack and it looks very nice.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

Thanks for all your hard work on this!

I think a picture pack in the original style (small) at some point (I know you're busy with the graphics) would fix some of these issues.

Overall, this is a massive improvement over the original pack and it looks very nice.

Small would still need some kind of background to the person themselves.

• Like 1

Yessss. Thank you for these. What a major upgrade! Here's some notes for you if they help.

TCW:

Eddie Chandler's looks off. It's a bit more airbrushed than the others.

Benny Benson looks off. The original of that one is a bit more realistic.

One Man Army and Maverick might look a bit too much like stars given where they are in their careers.

In SWF:

Purely opinion: I think the Scythe mask is a bit too out there and un-serious. The default Kane-style mask feels more befitting of a sports entertainment main eventer.

General:

Some of the alt images have a space between "alt" and the number so they don't overwrite. So for example Skull DeBones file name is "Skull DeBones_alt 1.Gif"

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Krazy Killian said:

Incredible work!!

I may be being dumb but I can't seem to change the background image. I've overwritten all the default no background images and they're still showing the generic TEW box. Any thought?

Not sure of the question, TBH.

if you paste these over all the old gifs, these will then sit atop the company backdrop images in that folder or, where theyโ€™re are in a stable, that will be the background used.

7 hours ago, d12345 said:

Yessss. Thank you for these. What a major upgrade! Here's some notes for you if they help.

TCW:

Eddie Chandler's looks off. It's a bit more airbrushed than the others.

Benny Benson looks off. The original of that one is a bit more realistic.

One Man Army and Maverick might look a bit too much like stars given where they are in their careers.

In SWF:

Purely opinion: I think the Scythe mask is a bit too out there and un-serious. The default Kane-style mask feels more befitting of a sports entertainment main eventer.

General:

Some of the alt images have a space between "alt" and the number so they don't overwrite. So for example Skull DeBones file name is "Skull DeBones_alt 1.Gif"

Eddie - I kind of wanted him to look a little like he was made up and wearing theatrical makeup. Like an old fashioned dandy. May redo.

Benny - yeah, agree. Trying to find the balance of his basic features and keeping him โ€œa bit goofy lookingโ€. Original image was way too young and handsome and not geeky enough for my perception of the character.ย 

Donโ€™t like OMAโ€™s facepaint so heโ€™ll probably get redone. Maverick, I was relatively happy with. Heโ€™d be around his wrestling prime now, heโ€™s not in his mid-fifties on the vets circuit. Thereโ€™s a notable โ€œeveryone is done once they hit 40โ€ in TEW, hence so many retirements, but thatโ€™s when wrestlers seem to peak in the real world. Roman and Seth, for example, are 39 and 38 respectively, Randy is 44, AJ is 47.

Check out the last Scythe alt for a different mask. I kinda dug this mask which is why I put up with the angle of the shot - I thought it made him look really menacing - like Abyss, meets Mankind, meets The Fiend.ย 

Most alts will have that space, because thatโ€™s how I thought they were last year. May sort at some point, but not a priority. If someone wants to go through and fix them all and send them over, Iโ€™ll happily replace. All new images being done without the space.

ย 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EdJames said:

Most alts will have that space, because thatโ€™s how I thought they were last year. May sort at some point, but not a priority. If someone wants to go through and fix them all and send them over, Iโ€™ll happily replace. All new images being done without the space.

I've gone through the current pack and removed the spaces from the alts via Bulk Renaming. I'll message you through the pack.

Edited by The Inquisition
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheChef said:

Hi Ed, any plans to do some of the non-canon Cornellverse stuff? Specifically the '77 and '97 mods? That would be sweet, but I know you have a lot on your plate!

Hey, @TheChef. No, I doubt I'll go back and do any historic mods. Focus is going to entirely be on 2022 and beyond and, more likely, in supporting those mods that add more lore and depth into the modern universe.

Sorry to disappoint. However, we may find that the GPT I built can help others do that.

4 hours ago, EdJames said:

if you paste these over all the old gifs, these will then sit atop the company backdrop images in that folder or, where theyโ€™re are in a stable, that will be the background used.

Sorry perhaps I wasn't clear. In the example on the front post you have the grey or pinkish generic stadium background for the gifs to infront of instead of the default background. I've put those in the "no background" format but im still getting the generic TEW background.

17 minutes ago, Krazy Killian said:

Sorry perhaps I wasn't clear. In the example on the front post you have the grey or pinkish generic stadium background for the gifs to infront of instead of the default background. I've put those in the "no background" format but im still getting the generic TEW background.

The game is set up so that the background of all the characters is the background image for that promotion.ย 

I will do those one I've done the core character roster.

ย 

4 hours ago, EdJames said:

3 minutes ago, EdJames said:

The game is set up so that the background of all the characters is the background image for that promotion.ย 

I will do those one I've done the core character roster.

ย 

Understood! Amazing work btw!

• Thanks 1