WWE Great American Bash 06 Results**SPOILERS!**

noas5

WWE's The Great American Bash (SmackDown) PPV Results - 7/23/06 Location: Indianapolis, Indiana Announcers: Michael Cole & John Bradshaw Layfield Report By: Adam Martin of WrestleView.com - "The Power Is Back" WWE promo hits. Following this, a video package airs highlighting the Punjabi Prison Match tonight and how it will be one of The Undertaker's biggest challenges yet. The World Heavyweight Championship Match with Rey Mysterio defending against King Booker is also highlighted. - A graphic then hits welcoming us to The Great American Bash. We go live to Indianapolis where a large display of pyro goes off in the arena. Michael Cole and JBL welcome fans to the PPV tonight. - Paul London & Brian Kendrick defeated The Pitbulls (Kid Kash & Jamie Noble) to retain the WWE Tag Team Championships. The finish saw Kendrick hit Kash with a sunset flip off the top rope, but Kash wouldn't go down for the pinfall. London then hit Kash with a dropkick/moonsault and allowed Kendrick to get the pinfall. - Backstage, Daivari was shown yelling at The Great Khali and not understanding why Khali wanted to call out The Undertaker right now. Khali then grabbed Daivari and lifted him into the air yelling at him. - SmackDown GM Teddy Long was shown coming to the ring. Long got on the mic and said he had some bad news for the fans tonight. He said after a regular physical examination, it was discovered that Bobby Lashley had elevated enzymes in his liver and because of that, he would not be competing tonight for the WWE United States Championship. Lashley then came out and got on the mic. He tells Long that nothing is wrong with him, that he wants his title back and he wants to fight tonight. Long tells him he can't allow that until he is medically cleared to wrestle and when that time comes, he will get his shot to gain the United States Title back again. WWE U.S. Champion Finlay comes out along with William Regal. Finlay calls Lashley yellow and that he is afraid of competition. Finlay then wants to announce himself the winner of the match tonight via forfeit. Long says he promised the fans a U.S. Title Match tonight and that they would get it when Finlay faces Regal right now. Regal and Finlay were both upset. - Finlay defeated William Regal to retain the WWE United States Championship. During the match, Finlay crotched Regal using the apron around the ring. When Finlay threw Regal back in the ring, one of his boots was off (The Little Bastard/Leprechaun had taken it off). The finish saw Regal go for the shillelagh, but the referee stopped this. The Little Bastard then threw Regal's boot at Finlay and Finlay knocked out Regal with it to get the pinfall using the ropes for help. After the match, The Little Bastard went for the WWE U.S. Title, but Finlay shoved him back under the ring. - A promo airs for the Dusty Rhodes DVD. - Backstage, World Heavyweight Champion Rey Mysterio was shown getting ready for his match when Chavo Guerrero came in. Chavo told Rey that he was family and that his last name might as well be Guerrero. He said his fans, Eddie's fans and the Guerrero family were all proud of him. Chavo said Eddie's dream was to regain the World Title, so Rey was living out Eddie's dream in a way. He said he was here tonight to make sure dreams to come true. - WWE Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms defeated Matt Hardy in a Non-Title Match. The finish saw Hardy get in some punches on Helms in the corner, but Helms then dropped Hardy face first on the corner. Helms then rolled up Hardy and held the tights to get the pinfall. - Backstage, Daivari was trying to convince The Great Khali to not go after The Undertaker because the Punjabi Prison Match was up next. The Undertaker then appeared and yelled at Khali if he was looking for him. ECW Champion Big Show then appeared and he attacked Undertaker. Khali then kicked Undertaker in the head. They were then separated by WWE referees and officials. SmackDown GM Teddy Long then put Big Show in the Punjabi Prison Match and Big Show complained that he didn't even know what it was. - The Undertaker defeated ECW Champion Big Show in a Non-Title Match inside a Punjabi Prison. As noted earlier, the Punjabi Prison was two bamboo cages with one around the ring and another going around the ringside area. To win the match, you must escape both cages. Each door would be opened for 60 seconds and then locked. At one point, both got out of the first cage, but Big Show threw Undertaker back in the first cage as the 60 seconds expired. Undertaker eventually climbed out of the top of the first cage when Big Show crawled up with him. The finish saw The Great Khali and Daivari walk out and Khali started climbing up the outer wall of the second cage. Undertaker then leaped off the cage and hit Big Show with a cross-body. Big Show fell back and busted through the second cage. Undertaker was declared the winner. After the match, a bloody Big Show was shown crying out in pain as Undertaker taunted at him and Khali. - Backstage, Sharmell told King Booker that he could become the King of the World tonight by winning the World Heavyweight Championship. - Ashley defeated Jillian, Kristal & Michelle McCool in a Four Way Bra & Panties Match. Ashley was the last to strip Kristal down to her bra and panties, so she was declared the winner. After the match, Ashley and Jillian stripped down to their bra and panties and celebrated. - Backstage, Mike "The Miz" Mizanin interviewed Mr. Kennedy. Kennedy said Mark Henry may not have been able to beat Batista, but he would tonight. - Mr. Kennedy defeated Batista via DQ. The finish saw Batista throw Kennedy shoulder first into the corner three times and then choke him him on the ground with his boot. When the referee ordered Batista to stop, he ignored him and then finally shoved him away. The referee then called for the bell causing the DQ finish. After the match, Batista gave Kennedy three spinebusters and a Batista Bomb. Kennedy was busted open early in the match. - King Booker defeated Rey Mysterio to become the NEW World Heavyweight Champion. With the referee knocked out, the finish saw Booker bring a steel chair into the ring and try to use it on Mysterio. Mysterio ended up dropkicking the chair into Booker's face. Chavo Guerrero then ran out, grabbed the chair and knocked out Mysterio with it. The referee slowly got back into the ring, Booker covered Mysterio and the referee counted the pinfall. After the match, Chavo Guerrero left and headed to the back. JBL said you could never trust a Guerrero. The PPV went off the air with King Booker celebrating with the World Heavyweight Title as Sharmell put his crown on his head.

finally watched this last night, one of the worst PPV's i had ever seen. 3 of the scheduled matches were changed, yep 3! What was up with the finish to the batista V Kennedy and the undertaker V Big show matches are they trying to drive away fans. The Regal V Finlay match was, as the fans suggested boring - the PPV was so bad one of the highlights was the bra and panties match! It started so well, the tag title match was actually really good. Im not a big Booker fan but the main event was quite entertaining and it was a cool (if slightly predictable) turn at the end. I just hope they don't make the Chavo/Rey feud all about Eddie, i just find those angles so overused it has become crass now. Anyway, i would probably rate this PPV at about a 4, there was far to many match up's with no backstory and when you have 2 months to build for a PPV that is unacceptable.

I'm suprised that Smackdown! is still on. It's completely absymal now... Does anyone truly watch it expecting something good to happen? They've got some talent that I think could be moved to RAW soon (Kennedy, London/Kendrick, Batista, Lashley), but the gist of the roster is terrible! They've got the 2 biggest no-talent hoss workers of all time (Henry, Khali), The Undertaker (who is getting old in terms of gimmick and age), William Regal (who wouldn't be any higher than opener status on RAW), Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero (who are great wrestlers, but the whole Eddie angle needed to end months ago), King Booker (which confuses me... Now he's "6 Time, 6 Time, 6 Time, 6 Time, 6 Time, 6 Time WCW Champion!" because the World Heavyweight Title is the same belt), and Finlay (who is way too old and way too gimmicky to be on national TV. A leprechaun should never be considered a weapon...) They need help!

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye]I'm suprised that Smackdown! is still on. It's completely absymal now... Does anyone truly watch it expecting something good to happen? They've got some talent that I think could be moved to RAW soon (Kennedy, London/Kendrick, Batista, Lashley), but the gist of the roster is terrible! They've got the 2 biggest no-talent hoss workers of all time (Henry, Khali), The Undertaker (who is getting old in terms of gimmick and age), William Regal (who wouldn't be any higher than opener status on RAW), Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero (who are great wrestlers, but the whole Eddie angle needed to end months ago), King Booker (which confuses me... Now he's "6 Time, 6 Time, 6 Time, 6 Time, 6 Time, 6 Time WCW Champion!" because the World Heavyweight Title is the same belt), and Finlay (who is way too old and way too gimmicky to be on national TV. A leprechaun should never be considered a weapon...) They need help![/QUOTE] I agree! I don't think Regal or Finlay are particularly good fits for an SE promotion, given their skillsets and abilities. With no Lashley in the match, putting the US Title match AFTER the Tag title match was a perfect example of 'bringing the crowd's mood down' and 'this match suffered as it came across as a letdown from the previous match'. I think Smackdown could survive and thrive if they gave a higher profile to the tag division (London & Kendrick in a tag match raises its entertainment value by at least 30% IMO). I think the World title match was predictable because everyone who has watched the 'E over the last year KNEW they were gonna find some way to put the belt back on Batista. Having Booker hold it for a few weeks before dropping it at the next PPV would also allow them to take the wraps off the betrayal in King Booker's Court that has been simmering for weeks now. I'm thinking Paul Burchill's return is going to factor into that as well (the Court beats down Regal, Burchill makes the save, Regal & Burchill feud with the Court). I think this is the end of Mark Henry's run though. If his injury is real, he's not gonna be back for at least a year, if at all. I wonder what caused the substitution of Big Show in the Punjabi Prison match if Khali was present? Especially after this matchup was hyped to high hell for weeks in advance.

Regal or Finlay were better back in wcw, the problem I see with them is that their strong suit is mat wrestling and that is not what the target audience wants. I think they messed up finlay's in ring return, outside of booker T., I mean king booker mentioning the finlay/ benoit fights in wcw has wwe ever brought up the fact that finlay was in wcw? Also for finlay please get rid of the leprechaun. As far as the big show being in the match with taker at GAB, I read on pwinsider that Khali also had a liver problem of somesort. WWE chose the big show most likely because he was involved in the attack a few days before, so you have a little bit of reasoning behind the match. I bet they decided not to do the same announcement with Khali as they did with bobby, because the fans would have most likely cheered that decision, because come on, Khali sucks as a wrestler.

They're getting rid of Hardy! Just when a Hardy Boyz reunion was in sight and he's about to be cut. God Damn them all. Also, why the hell bring the highlanders into raw. Make smackdown the home of tag team wrestling and you've got a much more exciting brand (rather than just ignore tag teams althogether!)

[QUOTE=Remianen](the Court beats down Regal, Burchill makes the save, Regal & Burchill feud with the Court).[/QUOTE] from what ive read finlay is supposed to be turning face so it is most likely regal and booker beat down finlay and burchill makes the save. but i think that would be stupid finlay is much better as a heel than he is as a face

i think if Finlay turns he should stop trying to do an Irish accent, he's as Irish as the pope! Regals in-ring work may not suit a sports-ent fed. But atleast he has a bit of character to him. Finlay is about as charasmatic as a turnip, but atleast root vegatables can wrestle!

[QUOTE=Jaded]Umm... Finlay was born and brought up in Belfast, which has to make him a BIT more Irish than the Pope, surely!![/QUOTE] I am stunned by this! I have been to ireland several times and finlay really sounds like an american trying to sound Irish! Perhaps he has been away from his homeland for too long. Even my missus commented "theres no way he's Irish" i stand corrected though! I have to confess that the hoghlanders do a pretty good scottish accent though.

Archived