BCF - Brisbane Championship Federation [CVerse]

I really liked the Darling-Taylor angle as a smart way to set up a mystery partner story. It's not just there for the sake of intrigue, he explained a logical reason to keep it quiet.

I'm getting ominous vibes again from Dutch DeRue. I think it will be a fun story however it plays out, and the presence and potential involvement of Crime Wave possibly gives the Hammer-Grace loser an immediate story to occupy them on the other side of their match.

Interesting card composition as well in giving some different guys the main event spotlight as a way of showcasing the roster depth and training fans to treat more people as a big deal, especially as they're not booked for the big show yet.

And the behind the scenes stuff with Louie Louis sounded fantastically chaotic too.

• Like 1

BCF Main Event #9

image.gif-image.gif

Nigel Darling – Rod Sullivan

Nigel Darling opened the show and in the centre of the ring on a podium was a clear outline of the BCF Grand Championship. Rod Sullivan proceeded to come out joining the Commissioner of BCF.

Nigel Darling:

“While I wanted to do this with both men competing for the title in the ring Monday Next has other commitments, but that isn’t going to stop me from unveiling the title to Rod Sullivan and all of you fans. Without further ado.”

Nigel Darling pulled the black cloth from the title unveiling it to the cheers of the audience before Rod Sullivan requested the microphone from Nigel Darling.

Rod Sullivan:

“That right there is my championship. I will embody the title more than anyone in this company. Monday Next where are you? Monday Next, having other commitments is no surprise, he is looking beyond me. He thinks he can go globe trotting without a care in the world. He thinks our match is a done deal. I am BCF! I am your future BCF Grand Champion! I am here every single night! At BCF Clash at the Coast, I will be crowned the first BCF Grand Champion and I will do it for each, and every one of you.”

Rod Sullivan points out to the crowd who cheer for him, before across the large stage monitor appears Monday Next who is seated inside a Japanese restaurant.

image.gif

Monday Next

“Roddy, I heard you were going to get to see the title unveiling live. That’s great, that’s the closest you are ever getting to my title. Hold on Roddy, I know what you’re going to say. “But where are you Monday?” I am MAIN EVENTING ACROSS THE GLOBE! You could only hope to be performing across the world like I am. I am the Main Event for a reason. I am going to showcase the BCF Grand Championship globally. Imagine me walking out to events in Japan with that title on my waist. Imagine me taking it to the UK. I may not be there tonight, but in five days I will certainly be the Main Event in Brisbane. I will be beating you from bell to bell.”

“Roddy, I am sure you have got some wise comment, or crack about facing me, but guess what I can’t hear you and don’t care to either. That is the last time you get to see that title not strapped around Main Event Monday Next’s waist.”

image.gifvsimage.gif

Reggie Hammer vs Craig Pheonix

Following on from that amazing promo was a man who in five days would be finding out if he has a chance to face the winner of the BCF Grand Championship match. This was a hotly contested contest between Craig Pheonix who is a tag-team guy and Reggie Hammer who delivered a shattering VB Hammer to secure the win with Dutch DeRue ringside.

Winner: Reggie Hammer

Rating: 34

image.gifimage.gifimage.gifimage.gif

Reggie Hammer, Crime Wave & Dutch DeRue

Reggie Hammer celebrated at ringside with the fans while Dutch DeRue announced Crime Wave out to the ring. The pair of men came down, with Switchblade having chain wrapped around one of his fists, showing off his prized possession from his match last week.

Dutch DeRue:

“Welcome boys, welcome to the ring, come join the future BCF Grand Champion manager.”

D.O.A

“Thank you, Dutch we appreciate your guidance and assistance last week.”

Switchblade:

“And our newest gift, and Reggie buddy thank you for accepting us as well.”

Reggie Hammer climbed back through the ropes and took the mic from D.O.A.

Reggie Hammer:

“Look boys, no offence but all I need is a beer and this right here!”

Reggie slaps his right elbow that he uses to deliver the VB Hammer. An action which the fans proceed to cheer.

Dutch DeRue:

“Don’t be like that Reggie, my boys right here are going to ensure the winner of your match with Gregory Grace. They are the “insurance” to make sure the right man wins.

Reggie Hammer:

“Dutch, and I don’t mean any offence, but I have got this. No one has kicked out of the VB Hammer yet, and no one ever will kick out of it. I am happy for you to represent these guys and me, but at BCF Clash at the Coast. You’re looking at everything needed to beat Gregory Grace.”

Reggie Hammer climbs out of the ring, leaving Dutch DeRue and Crime Wave together to prepare for the next match.

image.gifimage.gifvsimage.gifimage.gif

Crime Wave vs The Buchanans

Out came the fire plugs The Buchanans taking on Dutch’s clients. The Buchanans were able to put on some offense in this match considering they were facing a duo similar sized to them. The addition of Dutch DeRue at ringside and underhanded tactics still proved too much for the Buchanans to overcome as they eventually were beaten when Dutch wrapped a chain around the barricade and Flips arm, to keep him out of the contest. Flip & Bounce actually performed really well in this match.

Winners: Crime Wave

Rating:  39

image.gif

Crazy Train

Crazy Train made his way to the ring not being seen since his loss against Chopper Rourke. Crazy Train rapped mentioning that loss but finding out it is a friend of his taking on Chopper at BCF Clash at the Coast, and he was excited as he would be the personal ring announcer for his friend. Crazy Train did well not to mention his name, even teasing the crowd that his friend was a even taller than he was, but not quite as robust, and rotund.

image.gif

Chopper Rourke

Chopper Rourke came out from the crowd and Crazy Train and Rourke stood face to face with one another before they began to exchange blows with each other. Rourke eventually getting the better of Crazy Train and tossing him out of the ring standing tall.

“Tell your friend he is in line for the same punishment.”

image.gifvsimage.gif

Isaac Taylor vs Quick Silver

Isaac Taylor was in action against a fellow high-flier. Both men showed off impressive speed and pace in the ring as they bound around the ring. Isaac Taylor seemed a step ahead and was quite focused during the contest, his eyes obviously set on his upcoming match against Swish. Isaac Taylor ended the match quickly, and although his opponents weren’t here tonight, he didn’t stick around to celebrate the victory. This was a solid match.

Winner: Isaac Taylor

Rating: 43

image.gif-image.gifimage.gif

Gregory Grace – Mortimer & Spin Doctor

Gregory Grace came out to talk about how he was in a tag-team match only five days away from his match against Reggie Hammer. He didn’t really care who his partner was as he could probably beat his opponents by himself. Mortimer & Spin Doctor came out quickly with Spin Doctor offering his services to Gregory Grace, saying that he arranged this match to show just how good of a team Mortimer and Grace could be with one another. Mortimer mentions how he teamed up with Monday Next and beat Rod Sullivan and some other guy.

Gregory Grace let’s Spin Doctor know in not so uncertain terms that he doesn’t need a manager. He doesn’t need Mortimer, he only needs himself and if they ever book his match for him. He will book them a date with a beating, courtesy of “God’s Gift to Women”. 

image.gifimage.gif

Air & Honour

The two men stand on the entrance ramp interrupting the bickering.

Trey Tallman:

“You guys had enough complaining at each other? Both of you afraid to face us? Let’s get to our match and see if you can beat us even with a partner Grace. After we beat you tonight, you can complain about that instead of the fact that you had a tag-team partner.”

Wes Schnorfestt:

“That’s right.”

Before Air & Honour make their way down to the ring ready for their match.

Gregory Grace & Mortimer vs Air & Honour

Air & Honour opened the match hot, capitalising against the bickering from Grace and Mortimer. The two men showing tag-team synergy with one another. That momentum ended up not being enough to carry the men to victory as when Grace got rolling inside and choosing not to tag Mortimer was able to put an end to the match with the Graceful Exit. This was another solid match.

Winners: Gregory Grace & Mortimer

Rating: 45

image.gif

Black Flash

Black Flash came out to the ring first for his match tonight.

“I may have a big match against Mortimer in five days. But tonight is bigger.”

The mask man only getting a few words in while his entrance to the ring lasted longer than his time on the microphone. He certainly isn’t being paid by the minute.

image.gifvsimage.gif

Black Flash vs Rod Sullivan

This was certainly a big match for Black Flash as he faced off against Rod Sullivan for the very first time. Excited by the idea of the match the two men got a solid 18 minutes to go out their and put on a performance to steal the night. I expected more from this match, so was disappointed with Rod’s performance and Black Flash wasn’t that far off the pace, of a guy competing for the BCF Grand Championship. Rod Sullivan was able to pick up a solid win on his road to BCF Clash at the Coast.

Winner: Rod Sullivan

Rating: 41

• Like 5

image.gif

Vaughan

This was it. Sure I had put on a slap dash event a few months ago but seeing the TV Execs from The Bloke Channel come out again, Horrie Fowler inviting even more of his frankly E-List celebrities. Like I knew their names, I just wish I didn't know the names. I felt like I was on show, and I wasn't even on the show. Backstage we had a few guys want to come watch from the back, most of them had done the job for us in the past so I was more than happy to have them about. Another guy who had done the job wanted to get on the show, He did impress me last time out, so I said I would find him a spot. Another impressive performance and we can talk about making it a regular occurrence. 

Otherwise the rest of the show seemed to be in place, from the whiteboard that sat in the training facility for the past few months, until now the card was finally finalised. We were putting on more matches than we ever had intended. Including a way to get a lot of our tag-team division onto the card. 

BCF Clash at the Coast

Predictions

BCF Grand Championship Number 1 Contender Match

Gregory Grace vs Reggie Hammer

Black Flash vs Mortimer

Chopper Rourke vs ???? (Accompanied by Crazy Train)

Kane Wilde vs ???? & ????

Swish vs Isaac Taylor & ???? 

The Brat Pack and The Affliction vs Air & Honour and Tranquil Warriors

BCF Grand Championship

Rod Sullivan vs Monday Next

Bonus Questions:

Who is Chopper Rourke's opponent?

Who is Isaac Taylors partner?

Which tag-team faces Kane Wilde?

Top 3 Matches of the Night?

Who has the promo of the night?

Edited by HiPlus
  • Like 2

Black Flash vs Mortimer

BCF Grand Championship

Bonus Questions:

Who is Chopper Rourke's opponent? Big Harv who proceeds to be squashed and never seen again or becomes Crazy Train's even more awful offsider

Who is Isaac Taylors partner?  Surfer Dude Lucas who is very much the opposite of Big Harv

Which tag-team faces Kane Wilde?  The Buchanans

Top 3 Matches of the Night? Main Event - Swish v Issac & SDL, Grace v Hammer

Who has the promo of the night? Monday Next

Edited by alpha2117

@John Lions - Yeah the ex-RAW guys really aren't willing to eat pins to the guys who are still Unrecognisable in the company. (I may have started the company at too large a size for them, even though the RAW guys have been able to grow the company. That is definitely my fault there. I am hoping I can grow it organically but another part of me wants to pull the trigger and sign a decent face team from APW/DIW that has just enough name value to become a focal point in the divison. Louis Louis is so disappointing. The moment I signed him I started brainstorming. I wasn't even going to have him appear until BCF Clash at the Coast but he was demanding more money. I had his whole first promo planned, his first storyline. He was going to get into a run against Rob Edwards and with the help of The Brat Pack end up winning that feud. Molokai Milk is a guy I love and I have used in the past to carry smaller companies. 

@Tiberious I mean Crazy Train is unveiling someone tonight. 

@619 You have no idea how upsetting it was, that Vaughan prompt I had already written up but left the name blank as he was going to be performing in his own angle, so I hyped him up and kept it very vague, and then when he quit I had to re-write everything again. 

@alpha2117 Both men have their positives and their negatives that is for sure. Monday Next has performed better in Main Events when giving the chance to carry the company. However he is prone to going overseas for tours. His last tour wrapping up just days before BCF Clash at the Coast. Make sure to get your predictions in. :)

• Like 1

Gregory Grace vs Reggie Hammer

Maybe Reggie should have listened to Dutch.

Black Flash vs Mortimer

I'm predicting a Monday Next win in the main, so I need some faces who'll be in a position to challenge him.

Rourke isn't super talented, and Crazy Train's prescence may be a distraction to allow the mystery man to get a win. 

I suspect this match may not go over well with the fans, but we'll see. It is cool to see Kane Wild getting a push since he's not an obvious signing or someone I've really seen get pushed/used in any other games.

Swish get a big win.

I would love to see an upset here, but realistically there's only one way this match plays out.

BCF Grand Championship

Tough call here because Monday Next has frankly been delivering better performances from what I can tell, but at the same time I can't help but feel you have a greater array of top level heel challengers than you do face ones. I'll go with Main Event Monday because I just think he deserves it more with what he's done.

Bonus Questions:

Who is Chopper Rourke's opponent? Hack the Hunter

Who is Isaac Taylors partner? Quicksilver

Which tag-team faces Kane Wilde? The Buchannons

Top 3 Matches of the Night? Sullivan/Monday, Eight Man Tag, Grace/Hammer

Who has the promo of the night? Main Event Monday Next.

• Like 1

I'm waiting for you to get sued for calling yourself BCF in Australia 😄

BCF Clash at the Coast

Predictions

Black Flash vs Mortimer

BCF Grand Championship

Bonus Questions:

Who is Chopper Rourke's opponent? Rob Edwards

Who is Isaac Taylors partner? Hack The Hunter

Which tag-team faces Kane Wilde? The Buchanan Boys

Top 3 Matches of the Night? Rod vs Next, Swish vs Isaac & Grace vs Hammer

Who has the promo of the night?

Rod

Black Flash vs Mortimer

BCF Grand Championship

Bonus Questions:

Who is Chopper Rourke's opponent? Hack The Hunter

Who is Isaac Taylors partner?  Rob Edwards

Which tag-team faces Kane Wilde?  Buchanons

Top 3 Matches of the Night?    The last 3 actually

Who has the promo of the night? KANE WIL- no I guess I'll go Rod. 

Really looking forward to Clash at the Coast. I think Gregory Grace v Reggie Hammer has been my favourite build and is what I'm most intrigued by. I'm expecting Grace to win and Dutch DeRue has definitely foreshadowed up a storm, but I liked Grace making a point of saying he doesn't need anyone else to add doubt. But right after that he won a tag match, so it can be classic heel disconnect between words and actions.

And if Grace wins, does that put Rod Sullivan in line for the title? That pairing feels more natural, but it seems like Monday Next has outperformed Sullivan so far, and the touring angle feeds quite nicely into his character: the heel champion who thinks he's bigger than the company he's working in. So you've built yourself lots of plausible and interesting options, and I look forward to seeing how you execute them, as well as who the mystery guests are.

Black Flash vs Mortimer

BCF Grand Championship

Bonus Questions:

Who is Chopper Rourke's opponent? Hack the Hunter

Who is Isaac Taylors partner? Surfer Dude Lucas

Which tag-team faces Kane Wilde? The Buchanans

Top 3 Matches of the Night? 1. Rod Sullivan vs Monday Next 2. Gregory Grace vs Reggie Hammer 3. Black Flash vs Mortimer

Who has the promo of the night? Monday Next

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Satyr24 said:

I'm waiting for you to get sued for calling yourself BCF in Australia 😄

BCF Clash at the Coast

Predictions

Black Flash vs Mortimer

BCF Grand Championship

Bonus Questions:

Who is Chopper Rourke's opponent? Rob Edwards

Who is Isaac Taylors partner? Hack The Hunter

Which tag-team faces Kane Wilde? The Buchanan Boys

Top 3 Matches of the Night? Rod vs Next, Swish vs Isaac & Grace vs Hammer

Who has the promo of the night?

Rod

BWAH HAHAHAHA!  The BCF line made me do a spit take.  I now want a faction featuring guys called Boating, Camping and Fishing

BCF Clash at the Coast

Predictions

From a storyline perspective it feels like DeRue and Crime Wave are setting up a betrayal of Hammer, and from a game perspective I can't see Grace being willing to lay down for Hammer at this point in each man's careers.

Black Flash vs Mortimer

Black Flash is one of the outliers of the ex-RAW guys in that he is very talented and not TOO popular, and he also formed his character and career prior to being signed by the soap opera juggernaut. I'm all for Flash being kept strong and I think he's one of your most valuable assets in the singles division atm.

I could see this one going the other way, but I feel like Vaughan has to have a soft spot for his former Barracudas boy here and giving him the win on the first real major show feels like a nice gesture.

Feels like Kane is going to get to squash the Buchanans here, which is a great way to build up a monster (and one I've definitely done in the past...)

I don't have any strong ideas as to who Taylor's partner could be, but of the three mystery matches this is the one I'm most confident in the ??? netting the win.

Your two top teams (that are unfortunately both heels) vs four guys who were weekend warriors before BCF. Seems like a no-brainer.

BCF Grand Championship

Monday Next would make a lot of sense, but I think Rod has more future matches set up and him being a babyface champ make sense in a roster overcrowded with popular heels. Especially with Next taking some Japan bookings I can see you leaning on the guy who you know will be at all of your TV tapings.

Bonus Questions:

Who is Chopper Rourke's opponent? Based on the description Hack The Hunter makes the most sense.

Who is Isaac Taylors partner? Going with my gut and saying Molokai Milk

Which tag-team faces Kane Wilde? The Buchanans

1 - Rod Sullivan vs Monday Next

2 - Swish vs Isaac Taylor and ???

3 - Black Flash vs Mortimer

I could be off about Taylor's partner and that could move these around (The Affliction/Brat Pack squash could definitely overperform if 2/3 underperform ) but I'm going with my gut on this.

Monday Next

• Like 1

You know us dang Americans, late to every war...anyways I must preface this by saying I am what you youngins call a grognard and have been playing TEW2013 for years and never got into the wrestling scene down under, plus with all the changes I have no idea who is who or what outside of what I have read here. BTW this is some good writing so keep it up.

Hammer picks up the win due to outside interference but he doesn't like it and that sets up a Crime Wave double cross! VB Hammers for everyone! Power to the 'Stache

Black Flash vs Mortimer

Anyone named after Mickey Mouse (look it up) is a favorite of mine.

Now I change my vote if Crazy Train's mystery man is either War Pig, Iron Man, or Mr. Crowley.

He is going to Flip and Bounce the Buchanans right out of the arena. I hope the medical care is top notch because they are going to need it.

Someone already called it, the return of Surfer Dude Lucas or Lucas Pope or Luke Palpatine...whatever his name is...brings a huge pop and they ride the momentum to the victory.

Man after this squash one of these two has to turn...turn baby turn!

BCF Grand Championship

Monday Next is the Main Event, he is the big dog, you don't bite the hand that feeds you. Sorry Rod maybe Vaughn will create some also-ran title for you to carry as a consolation prize.

Bonus Questions:

Who is Chopper Rourke's opponent? It will be one of those subpar workers whose name starts with Big

Who is Isaac Taylors partner? See above

Which tag-team faces Kane Wilde? See above

1) Next vs Sullivan

2) Taylor / ??? vs Swish

3) Grace vs Hammer

Swish - cause D-Pod has some mic skills

• Like 1

BCF Clash at the Coast

image.gif

Nigel Darling

Dressed in his sparkling gold jacket the commissioner came out with a microphone in hand. Inside the ring on a pedestal was the BCF Grand Championship. On another pedestal was a black clothed object that was hidden from the audience.

Nigel Darling:

“Welcome to BCF Clash at the Coast! We will see the crowning of the first BCF Grand Champion as Monday Next will face off against Rod Sullivan in what will be an amazing main event. We will also find out which man will be facing off against the future champion at BCF Sun Never Sweats.”

“I am not here for all of that, you all know everything about that. I am here to make another championship announcement. Under this cloth is going to be the newest championship. It will be decided in a Fatal-Five-Way match at BCF Sun Never Sweats. For the next five weeks, we will have Fatal-Four-Way matches that a winner will lock in there spot in the championship match.”

“Here is your newest title, the BCF Legacy Championship.”

Nigel pulled the cloth away to reveal the new title, slightly smaller than the BCF Grand Championship but just as beautiful looking.

“This is the B! C! F!”

image.gifvsimage.gif

The opening contest of the night started with Reggie Hammer attempting to hit the VB Hammer to start off the match. Gregory Grace the veteran was able to evade the loaded elbow from Reggie Hammer that no one has been able to kick out of. That is the story for the majority of the match. Reggie Hammer keeps looking to try and put an early end to the match. When he gets control of the action makes an attempt to hit the VB Hammer or set up his finisher only to come underdone. Gregory Grace showed he had it scouted blocking, ducking and avoiding the blow.

Gregory Grace was certainly showing his experience in the match to wrestle control at every opportunity. Hammer was showing the heart and willingness to go beyond his abilities with just raw passion to keep from being pinned.

Dutch DeRue was doing good work at ringside rallying the crowd and cheering on Reggie Hammer. In a lull during the match where both Grace and Hammer were out on their feet. Dutch yelled up the entrance ramp and waved out for the members of Crime Wave (D.O.A and Switchblade) to come out. The referee Wayne Schimmelbusch tried to interject and climbed out of the ring attempting to stop the two men. Dutch got in his face distracting the referee as Crime Wave got into the ring.

Inside the ring Hammer argued trying to call off Crime Wave, saying he didn’t want to win the match like that. Switchblade had the chain wrapped around his fist and delivered a punch straight to the face of Hammer knocking down his stable mate. D.O.A looked to continue the attack pulling Hammer to his feet only to be knocked out by the VB Hammer. Switchblade was next in line to be taken out as he was clotheslined over the top rope. The distraction was enough for Grace, he caught Hammer with the Graceful Exit as he turned around. Dutch DeRue began to yell at Wayne Schimmelbusch to pay attention and Wayne got in the ring, as Grace made the pin. With this being their first match together I did expect a better performance, but it was a good match and both Grace and Hammer showed they had good chemistry together.

Rating: 43

image.gif-image.gif-image.gif-image.gifimage.gif

Gregory Grace – Reggie Hammer – Dutch DeRue – Crime Wave

The fighting continued in the ring, with Crime Wave being able to recover at ring side they climbed in the ring and continued to attack Reggie Hammer. Gregory Grace and Dutch DeRue guiding traffic inside the ring. Hammer to his credit didn’t surrender and was able to connect with a second VB Hammer on D.O.A who was sent back outside of the ring.

Dutch shocked by the burst of energy from his former client ran from the ring and was joined by Gregory Grace on the outside. Switchblade fot into a fight with Reggie Hammer to keep him from getting outside of the ring. Dutch called up the entrance ramp once again. This time a large man in a white jacket with face paint came out with a serious demeanour on his face.

image.gif

Janus

Janus got into the ring to join Switchblade who was currently taking punches by Hammer. Hammer stood across the ring and wasn’t going to back down of another fight tonight. This fight was too much for Hammer delivering a monstrous clothesline to the footy short wearing wrestler. Janus hoisted Hammer back to his feet before locking in a bear hug, keeping in clinched in until Hammer stopped moving, finally dropping him in a heap.

Janus and Crime Wave joined Gregory Grace and Dutch DeRue at the top of the entrance ramp.

Dutch DeRue:

“I told everyone; I was going to manage the winner of tonight’s match. Here is your winner!”

Dutch raised Gregory Grace’s hand to the ire of the crowd, handing off the microphone.

Gregory Grace:

“This is the newest stable. This is Eminence!”

Gregory Grace was flanked by both members of Crime Wave in a similar visual to last weeks Main Event, but joined at the side by Dutch DeRue and the looming figure of Janus standing behind the entire group.

image.gifvsimage.gif

Black Flash vs Mortimer

This was an action packed but much shorter match. Black Flash was able to showcase his technical ability as he outwrestled Mortimer. Being able to reverse grapples and holds set out by Mortimer. While Mortimer did well to sell his anger and frustration in an over-the-top manner. It continued in a relatively fast paced contest with both men not allowing the crowd to even catch their breathe between moves and spots. Spin Doctor showcased his talent at ringside being loud and getting involved in the face, or mask of Black Flash. The distractions and taunting of the obnoxious Spin Doctor at ringside was too much for Black Flash to overcome, as it allowed Mortimer to hit his Pyle-driver to get the three count. 

Rating: 51

image.gif

Crazy Train

Crazy Train comes out to the entrance ramp with a microphone in hand. Down in the ring is the man that beat him to be in the match tonight, Chopper Rourke.

“PHAT MAN ROLLIN’ IN! It is time for the match to begin.

Chopper Rourke, out here looking Chopper Pork.

My man back there brings and axe in hand, he is here to change the BCF land.

Introducin’ the guy that's about to become the man, he is Jack "The Axe" Callahan!"

It’s Callahan's time he has answered the call, brace yourself Chopper you’re about to fall.

Chopper Rourke, you get to face half of Axe & Train, be ready to feel the power & pain.”

image.gif

Jack Callahan

Out steps the wrestler fka. Hack the Hunter. Being announced as Jack Callahan, he still sports a large flannel jacket and carrying an axe with him down to the ring. Handing it to his tag-team partner as he gets to the ringside area.

image.gifvsimage.gif

Chopper Rourke vs Jack Callahan

Chopper Rourke was in a mood as he was aggrieved by the words of Crazy Train. Chopper Rourke is normally an imposing figure, but the muscular, sizable, taller Callahan didn’t have any give when Rourke tried to deliver punches. Callahan took a few shots from Chopper Rourke before blowing up, delivering hard shots back and then tossed Chopper to the other side of the ring. Chopper was in awe after being thrown and looked like he was going to second guess the match, he looked to climb out of the ring but was taunted at ringside by Crazy Train.

The angered Rourke burst back into the ring, but his blows this time even less effective against Callahan who was feeding off the energy of the crowd. Callahan tossed Rourke to the other side of the ring again, but followed up this time by tackling him to the ground. Callahan power lifted the large Rourke inside the ring and delivered a monstrous Epic Side Slam on the large Chopper Rourke to win.

Rating: 34

image.gif-image.gif

Troll – Kane Wilde

“WEEEELLLLLLLCCCCCCAAAAAMMMMMMM’ SSSSHHHEEAAAAAAPPPP!!!!”

Out stepped in his once brightly coloured but now faded circus ringleader outfit the small statured Troll. He excitedly jumped around on the stage with a grin on his face.

“It is time to see my monste! He is here! He is excited! He is hungry!”

Out stepped the menacing Kane Wilde his eyes trained down on the ring and the two men standing in the ring. The two men Kane Wilde was going to face off against tonight.

“These, these are the ones he fights. There is too, not one.”

Kane Wilde looked over at Troll who gleefully and excitedly rocking back and forth on his feet, as if asking for direction.

“Eat monste, eat.”

image.gifvs image.gifimage.gif

Kane Wilde vs The Buchanans

Once given direction Kane Wilde made a beeline straight into the ring. The Buchanans looked ready, but they certainly weren’t. Kane Wilde delivered a headbutt to the chest of Flip collapsing him to the ground before grabbing Bounce and throwing him into the turnbuckle. This was not a fight in the slightest, but a mauling between the two men. Kane Wilde didn’t even need the Buchanans to tag during the match as he kept them both in the ring the entire time, taking time between each man to deliver thumping blows and slams. Kane Wilde dragged both Flip and Bounce into the centre of the ring piling them on top of each other. He laid across them both on his back and looked up the entrance ramp at Troll screaming as the pin was made. The match was better than I thought it would be and that is in thanks to the Buchanan brothers.

Rating: 41

image.gif

Isaac Taylor

Isaac Taylor came out to the entrance ramp as Swish had just finished their own entrance.

Isaac Taylor:

“Now D-Pod, Fast Eddie, Swish. Whatever the hell you call yourselves. I have gone out of my way to find a tag-team partner. I would like to come down there and beat both of you single handedly, but we both know you guys wouldn’t fight fair. That is why I have someone to watch my back.”

“This guy is a lot like you Eddie, he likes to hit things first, ask questions later. He is a guy the BCF audience have all met. He is a guy who always likes to fight and has shown to always have his tag-team partners back. He is Rob Edwards!”

image.gif

Swish vs Isaac Taylor & Rob Edwards

Swish came out of this match trying to get on the forefront with a lot of speed from D-Pod. Isaac Taylor starting the match for his side provided a good, smooth opening affair between one another. Isaac showed he was still on another level as he took on D-Pod, and showed more aggression than he normally would, mixing in a lot more strikes than he normally would. D-Pod was able to goad Taylor into a mistake with his fast-talking insults. It got to him and allowed D-Pod to show some fast feet and create enough room for D-Pod to make the tag to Fast Eddie. Eddie charges into the ring set to deliver some stiff strikes to Taylor. Taylor takes a flurry of blows and shows his veteran awareness when in the turnbuckle he is able to get a strong forearm against a charging Eddie. The separation allows for Taylor to make the tag to Edwards.

The match certainly changes with both Eddie and Edwards being strikers, delivering hard shots against one another. Exchanging punches and kicks with each other, both weathering the storm from one another. Eddie whips Edwards into his corner and both members of Swish show why they work well together, making a few quick tags as they beat down Rob Edwards. D-Pod at one stage using the tag rope to choke his opponent. Rob Edwards is able to collect D-Pod with an arm drag when D-Pod tries to clothesline the bigger man. Edwards makes the hot tag to Isaac Taylor who cleans house with drop kicks, a flying shoulder block and a snap suplex to both Eddie and D-Pod in the ring, before hitting I-Way to win the match.

Rating: 53

image.gif-image.gif

Luke Pope – Isaac Taylor

A surprise at the end of the match, with Luke Pope briefly crossing paths with Rob Edwards who had replaced him in the last match. Luke Pope had a microphone in hand and watched as Isaac Taylor celebrated down in the ring. He had finally been able to get his hands on Swish and defeated the two men with the help of Rob Edwards.

Luke Pope:

“Isaac, do you remember me?”

Isaac was caught off guard by his former teammate standing at the top of the ring addressing him.

Luke Pope:

“I was meant to be in that ring with you right now. I was meant to be standing beside you, but you took your eyes off the prize. You left me alone in the ring with two monsters in The Affliction.”

Isaac Taylor was able to get a microphone at ringside.  Isaac Taylor put on his Jamaican Accent a little heavier tonight, despite having lived in Australia since he was 12 years old.

Isaac Taylor:

“Hold on there brother, I came out and saved you.”

Luke Pope:

“You saved me after you left me. You saved me after The Affliction double teamed me, you saved me after my head was kicked into steel stairs, you saved me after they made sure I wouldn’t make it here tonight. You were too slow, and it was your fault.”

Isaac Taylor tried to interrupt Pope, who just yelled down the microphone.

Luke Pope:

“You took away my biggest opportunity by not being focused enough. You came out here tonight to talk up Rob Edwards as a guy who always has his tag-team partners back. Yet you never had mine. I am going to make my own opportunity. I am going to fight you at BCF Sun Never Sweats.”

image.gifimage.gif-image.gifimage.gif-image.gifimage.gif-image.gifimage.gif

The Brat Pack – The Affliction – Air & Honour – Tranquil Warriors

The Brat Pack were the first team to make their entrance down the ring.

Artemis Eyre-Rochester:

“Thurston, can you believe it we didn’t even get a match for tonight.”

Thurston Darcy III:

“What does it matter, we don’t need money like these losers. I mean these loser fans are getting to see us, which is why they came here.”

Artemis Eyre-Rochester:

“It would have just been nice to have a match tonight.”

Before Thurston can respond Air & Honour make their way down the ramp.

Trey Tallman:

"If you wanted a match, you just had to ask. Air & Honour are always ready to fight."

Wes Schnorfestt:

“That’s right”

The two climbed into the ring and Trey Tallman was calling for a referee before Tranquil Warriors stumbled out to the crowd.

Moonchild:

“Dudes don’t tell me everyone is getting a match but us.”

Craig Pheonix:

“No Moon, no they want us in the match as well.”

Moonchild:

“They do? We are going to wrestle? When?”

Artemis Eyre-Rochester:

“Hold on, we don’t want to face any of you idiots let alone both teams.”

Thurston Darcy III goes to protest as well but is cut off as The Affliction make their entrance and the brawlers make their way down the ring.

Thurston Darcy III:

“Them, we are on their side.”

Artemis Eyre-Rochester:

“Well then we have it, a four-on-four match.”

Wes Schnorfestt:

“That’s right.”

image.gifimage.gifimage.gifimage.gifvs image.gifimage.gifimage.gifimage.gif

This was a chaotic match between all 8 men involved. It allowed all 8 men a short chance to hit their finisher or signature move and a moment to shine. It very quickly had broken down from having men on the apron, to everyone in the ring getting their spots in. Everyone had their chance to make their spot known, until The Affliction took control as a pair imposing their will on their faces in the ring. Artemis made a blind tag on Anguish who was dominating the ring. Anguish and Misery hit The Great Depression on Wes Schnorfestt and Artemis quickly jumped into the ring pushing past Anguish to make the cover for victory in the impromptu match.

Rating: 44

image.gif-image.gif

Rod Sullivan - Monday Next

A video package played hyping up the main event of the night. Showing both men picking up their wins. Rod Sullivan defeating Thurston Darcy III while Monday Next defeated Isaac Taylor.

The video showed their contrasting journey over the last two months. Monday Next slowly developing into his Main Event Monday Next persona, as he took on Misery and Moonchild in separate outings on BCF Main Event, in matches that he gave it his all and got the best matches out of the two men. While Rod Sullivan showed the development of his friendship with Rob Edwards, their victory against The Brat Pack and the deal that Rob Edwards would get a shot at the BCF Championship. Both men taking separate patch with Monday Next showing talent against anyone, while Rod Sullivan willing to work with anyone to take on the best talent in the company.

The second portion was all about action. The first time both men were able to come to blows, Rod Sullivan flying through the air as he caught Next with a clothesline. Next slapping the face of Rod Sullivan mid-match. The highlights all coming from when Rod Sullivan teamed up with Rob Edwards to take on the makeshift tag-team of Next and Mortimer. A brief glimpse of Next standing over the defeated body of Rod as he picked up the victory and reigned supreme against his opponent.

The final portion of the video showed a refocused Rod Sullivan taking on Black Flash, to establish himself as the true main event in BCF. It showed him standing in the ring alongside the title as it was revealed and the shot transitioned up to the monitor when Monday Next appeared.

The transition showed footage of Next’s time in Japan, showing what a world travelled wrestler he is, and his success overseas as he beat masked talent Cyclopes. The segment closing, it left in the air the tagline that was being used on the promotional material since their segment last week.

“The Heart of BCF faces the Main Event of BCF.”

BCF Grand Championship

image.gifvsimage.gif

This was the culmination of three months of work for the company, since our first event in January. Rod Sullivan and Monday Next had been on a collision course with one another. Each man didn’t waste time on sizing each other up and went straight into a lock up. Monday Next having the slight size advantage was able to outmuscle Rod Sullivan in the early goings of the match. Monday Next continued to take control early on, out wrestling and outsmarting the younger Rod Sullivan. Looking exceptional on his return from Japan. The two men began to wear each other out as they exchanged slams, and blows. Each getting a burst of offense against one another. The two men then exchanging fists centre stage. The fans cheering each strike of Rod Sullivan who looked to be rallying the support of the crowd on his side. Monday Next raked the eyes of Rod Sullivan to put an end to the momentum from younger wrestler.

This match was going to take us to the limit of time on The Bloke Channel as neither man would be put down, both unsuccessfully hitting their finishers, and their signature moves weren’t good enough to keep either man down long enough to secure a three count. Both men stumbled to their feet as they exchanged punches, each strike from Rod Sullivan being met with cheers while Monday Next punches would be booed. It was a similar set up to earlier in the match, but before Monday Next could rake the eyes of Rod Sullivan again. Rod Sullivan raked at Monday Next’s eyes to gain momentum. A move that drew loud cheers from the crowd as it was clear Rod Sullivan learnt from his opponent. A fact Quientin Wednesday put over on the commentary team. The edge in momentum was enough to allow Rod Sullivan to finally hit the Flying Double Knee to seal the win with a three count. This was a superb finish for the night with Monday Next putting on an absolute clinic and Rod Sullivan performing well.

Rating: 61

• Like 7

The Hammer-Grace opener was all I hoped for and more. You'd signalled that turn was coming, but still had a surprise in story with the arrival of Janus, and I liked how strong Hammer got to look during and after the defeat in resisting his fate.

It felt like great use of Chopper Rourke to use him for the debut of Hack the Jack Callahan, that whole idea you emphasised of someone who's usually an aggressor finding himself beaten for size and strength.

I did wonder if Kane Wilde might get the Giovanni Vinci treatment after the challenges you encountered hyping his debut, but of course it was the right call after all the build and giving him a handler. I wonder if we'll get to Callahan v Wilde eventually.

Rob Edwards was the perfect choice to partner Isaac Taylor, and his main event pedigree and recent history as an effective tag partner meant he was someone Taylor could beat the more established team alongside, as he deserved after coming off second-best in a lot of the build-up, without it undermining Swish much. As with the opener, it was great you had a little extra surprise in store post-match with Pope mobile again, and it's impressive you already have a lot brewing for the next major show.

Though Monday Next has perhaps shown more character thus far (as heels tend to), I think it was a good call to have Rod Sullivan go over with Gregory Grace already established as a challenger, the Rob Edwards friendship story you've told and some credible heel challengers in reserve. Really fun first big event and, as mentioned, a laudable amount already in motion for the next one (that's right).

• Like 1

This was a great show and it was well played out. The betrayal of  Mr. VB "da 'Stache" Hammer by Dutch and company was telegraphed yet you still managed to pull off a surprise with both the switch to Grace and the debut of another stable member. I expected Crime Wave to ambush Hammer I just didn't expect it to be in service to Grace so nice job there.

Even more props to the set up of the Taylor vs Pope feud...I for one did not see that coming and it was totally awesome.

Finally, like @619 said you made the right call on having Monday Next put over Sullivan. It was a gutsy call and to be honest I wouldn't have had the intuition or the courage to make that call. It was another move that I didn't see coming which is one of the big reasons I continue to read your stuff because you continually manage to surprise but in a way that makes perfect sense after the fact.

• Like 2