[HYPE] Chronicles 1992 (Historical Mod)

Wrestling Chronicles - 1992 

"Fleisch, you are a liar! I've now worked on my own version of this!"

That is fine. Keep working on it, release it. I have no problem with you releasing your own version of it. You may have a different vision altogether on where you want the mod to go than I do. Alternatively, I'm happy to incorporate any work you have done into this one if you don't want to continue (with full credit).

Now that is out of the way myself and Mildly_Amusing have put in a bit of time (well mostly M_A) updating heights, weights, DOBs etc as well as some other things. A list of what has been done will be in a below quote box and updated as I go along. So far there are only 2 errors relating to people holding belts (which I will sort at some point) so it is in a playable condition BUT it does not incorporate many of TEW IX's new features. My main focus is to get the major companies (WWF, WCW, NJPW, AJPW & CMLL) as well as ECW fully updated and using the various new features. The mod is going to start (as it always did) in January 1992 because I like booking the Royal Rumble.

Do not look for many additions (if any) to version 4 because it will mainly be dealing with the fixes needed from conversion. I doubt every height, weight and date of birth/debut will be fixed by release because I want to do other things between just inputting numbers.

I honestly had every intention of no longer making mods but as is always the way my mind got changed by someone! It is going to take time, I don't like releasing things until I'm happy to play it so for now I would say maybe November (real life depending). I still have all the relationships to fix which stands at 2422 as well!

Currently, I only intend this to be a one off release rather than constant updates but we will see.

I lost my previous file with who to thank on TEW 2020, so I am going to add it to the bottom of this post. My apologies if I miss anyone off - it isn't personal just a very bad memory on my part. If you did add something or allowed me to use something - DM me and I'll add you.

Fixes/Additions so far

======================

CONVERSION!
Errors fixed that converting created

Heights, Weights and DOBs for;
WWE Roster
WCW Roster
A further 1800+ H/W/DOB/Debuts knocked off
All Active Oceania
All Active Mexico to Ludwig Star
All Active Japan to Crusher Takahashi
All Active Joshi
All Left the Business
All India-Based
Canada Based done to Cyrus Payne
Mexico Based done to Durango Kid
All Active Wrestlers done to Azumi

Title Weight limits edited
Narratives added for titles to become active/retired on specific dates
Regions set for specific titles
Events edited
Era's edited
Sexual orientation & Gender IDs edited (for those I know - If I have made a mistake, it is an honest mistake - don't rip me apart - educate me).
Relationships edited down to Marabunta & Marabunta

Alex Herzog deleted (duplicate of Alexander Rudolph) - Uses Alex Herzog from age 29.
Andrei Arlovski set as Celebrity
Angel Dust uses her Zoey Skye alter ego from age 28
Angel of Death debut moved to 1985
Aramis has now got the Hologram alter ego
Ashley Sixx deleted (duplicate of Ash)
Astrolux updated to Mexican
Avery Taylor has now got Jacy Jayne alter ego in WWF
Black Scorpion (the luchador) picture was incorrect. New picture added
Blue Panther Jr deleted (duplicate of Black Panther)
Brazo de Oro Jr. II picture was incorrect. New picture added.
Cachorro given alter ego's (The Panther 17-20), (Black Panther 20-23) & (Dark Panther from 23)
Cachorro Lagunero given Hijo de Blue Panther alter ego (started using it in October 2023)
Cherry Bomb now has Allie (from 28) & The Bunny (AEW only) alter egos
Mr. T set as Celebrity
Logan Paul set as Celebrity
Nixon Newell now has Tegan Nox alter ego in WWF
Effy given Effy Gibbes alter ego (100% until 26 y/o)
Nicole Bass set to Ripped
Ashley Vox now has the Oceanea alter ego in CHIKARA

Thanks/Credit

Justtxyank (for the Eye of the Storm mod on which this is based),
SkyCrasher (for the endless hours of work added to keep this alive when I was struggling to do so and unknowingly pushing me to keep making this better)
Mildly_Amusing (for the hours of work and updating of heights/weights/DOBs etc and giving me the motivation to get back into fixing this for TEW IX)
Astil (for helping with updating Heights/Weights/DOB/Debuts)  
Ropacm (OtherTVShows database), 
Questlove and Devil_Cyborg (for use of RWC), 
Raspymorten and Team. (for use of Scandi Graps mod), 
Taker (for use of their Narratives mod), 
Moxley (for a huge number of debut date fixes), 
And of course, anyone who provided feedback or suggestions (too many to mention)

• Like 42
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WrestleManiac said:

This is one of my favourite mods. I wonder if there is something you could fix. In every game I play a lot of companies go bust. Would it be possible to fix that so they stay competetive for a bit longer.

Speaking of companies going bust, I've noticed that IX seems to have disregarded SWS losing all their money and it didn't occur, at least when I simmed through, so that may need to be fixed down the line.

2 hours ago, SupremeKye_ said:

Speaking of companies going bust, I've noticed that IX seems to have disregarded SWS losing all their money and it didn't occur, at least when I simmed through, so that may need to be fixed down the line.

That is my favourite sadistic scenario on this mod - save SWS. Aim is to make as much money as possible before the fine but not cutting yourself down to a point you can't improve the product to grow and get the money in.

The Financial Crash for SWS is split into 3 months now. April, May and June they suffer these rather than 3 crashes in 1 month. I don't know why they originally weren't working as they were set to 100% happen.

I have set up the era's and they appear to be working but still a lot of testing to be done. I worked on the Worker Relationships this morning and I'm about a 1/4 way through them. 

I have also added the 3 Stables that SWS was split into whilst checking them.

The control we have now as modders to set up the era's is a massive boost.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fleisch said:

The Financial Crash for SWS is split into 3 months now. April, May and June they suffer these rather than 3 crashes in 1 month. I don't know why they originally weren't working as they were set to 100% happen.

I have set up the era's and they appear to be working but still a lot of testing to be done. I worked on the Worker Relationships this morning and I'm about a 1/4 way through them. 

I have also added the 3 Stables that SWS was split into whilst checking them.

The control we have now as modders to set up the era's is a massive boost.

Raaaad! I tried to set up a SWS game on 2020 but never made it past the stable set up stuff. Definitely gotta do this when I finally grab 9.