-Giving Performer

-Definitive Style

-Stalwart/Quiet

-Apolitical

-Talent Spotter

-Unmarketable

-Future Road Agent

-Good Hand

I know it's kind of similar to the existing "Underdog", but not quite.

Edited by MisterSocko

I like the idea, but I also think there's a difference between what you're talking about and "Underdog".

An underdog is someone who the crowd likes but can take a lot of losses, especially to heels. On that other hand, every now and then you should be able to push an underdog enough to win a few matches or even a feud. Also with an underdog, I would think there's an outside chance for them to suddenly get hot and the fans try to verbally push them higher up the card.

What you're suggesting, those things wouldn't happen. It's a wrestler who just takes a job to put other wrestlers over.

St.T

• Like 1

Being a lifelong jobber does not make you apolitical, give you a definitive style, or mean your personality is quiet or stalwart. It just means you "know your role". I also don't see being a lifelong jobber as something that automatically means you will become a road agent. Some definitely do, many don't.

I would say a lifelong jobber is not someone who lacks ambition - it's someone who's ambition is different.

A lot of job guys weren't unmarketable. Part of them being a jobber IS looking generic/non-special. When the opponent comes out with nice gear, they stand out a lot more. So they aren't unmarketable, they are branding themselves generic to enhance the opponent.

This is an area where I think we should be allowed to create Templates ourselves. It seems to me the purpose of a template is to "one click add list of personality/attribute stuff", so why shouldn't we be able to make our own? Then we can all have the templates we feel fit, even if others don't.

• Like 1

Templates add some attributes from a (hidden) list, if you try an existing one you'll see that if you click on "Template" once it will add a basic list of like 5 attributes, and if you click a 2nd or 3rd time, it will add more. For example, for "Mysterious/Unstable Worker", first you get basic stuff like "Plays Mysterious/Occult Well", Plays Offbeat/Unstable Well"and then if you click again you'll get "Fearless", then if you click again "Daredevil"... Or sometimes "Daredevil" is added with the first click... Anyway, point is, it's partially random, so with "Lifelong Jobber", the "Future Road Agent" could be added after a 2nd or 3rd click as it's still fairly common for them to become agents.

Templates are a tool for modders to quickly give a worker a bunch of attributes and move on to something else, adding the extra work or creating those tools ourselves in the first place seems like it defeats the purpose a little.

Also, you might be confusing "Apolitical" (is very unlikely to complain about putting people over) with "No Politics" (won't go into politics). When you know that your role in the company is to lose all your matches save for the occasional win over another jobber at a house show or in a dark match, it seems logical that you are not the kind of person who complains about losing.

Edited by MisterSocko

I disagree with the notion that a lot of job guys aren't unmarketable. Generally speaking, jobbers don't sell much in the way of merchandise, which is what Unmarketable means in TEW. It's not just that they're unpopular, but if they are "generic/non-special," then what would make them stand out from the bevy of other wrestlers who are more likely to appeal to people interested in buying something based on them?

apolitical.jpg.57ad43fd76a3b8e4646221c1c935d89d.jpg

I also don't see why Apolitical would be a bad trait to include in a template for jobbers. They're supposed to lose, so a good jobber shouldn't disagree to putting somebody over. 

Nonetheless, creating personal templates would be nice.

Edited by TheDeep5ix

2 hours ago, TheDeep5ix said:

Nonetheless, creating personal templates would be nice.

Well maybe both ideas can coexist, the game could give us the ability to create our own templates but also give us more template options in the first place.

Other template ideas:

1980s Hero (primary: Amazing Babyface, Can't Play Realistic, A Marketing Dream, Bodybuilder, Steroid User, secondary: Canny Operator, Selfish Performer, Political Player, That Doesn't Work for Me Brother, And Then The Bell Rang)

No-Nonsense Veteran (primary: Plays Bad Ass Well, Can't Play Weasely/Underdog, Can't Play Comedy, No Comedy Matches, Bad Ass Reputation, Keeps Kayfabe, secondary: Shuns Social Media, Plays Dominant Well, Desperado)

Mentor (primary: People Person, Passes on Knowledge, Natural Trainer, Wrestling in the Blood, secondary: Giving Performer, Talent Spotter, Storyteller)

Old School Gaijin Star (primary: At Home in Japan, Plays Bad Ass Well, Keeps Kayfabe, World Traveler, secondary: Plays Dominant Well, Explosive Ring Style, Silent Type, Squash Master)

Diva/Joshi Gravure (primary: Plays Swagger Well, Willing to Flaunt, Modelling Experience, secondary: No Stunts, Skinny Genes, Career Woman)

One Foot Out the Door (primary: Definitive Style, No Stunts, Undemanding, Outside Interests, Testing the Waters, secondary: Canny Operator, Loner, Deep Roots)

Edited by MisterSocko

• MisterSocko changed the title to New Template for Attributes: Lifelong Jobber + other ideas
12 hours ago, MisterSocko said:

1980s Hero (primary: Amazing Babyface, Can't Play Realistic, A Marketing Dream, Bodybuilder, Steroid User, secondary: Canny Operator, Selfish Performer, Political Player, That Doesn't Work for Me Brother, And Then The Bell Rang)

I'd also like to suggest adding "Bodybuilder", "Plays Gimmicky/Cartoonish Well", and "No Stunts".