new promotional style

Well i think its safe to say that TEW2007 is going to be modders heaven! I love the new promotional system. It really does show how much notice you take of the suggestions forum! One thing that hasn't been covered in your post though is roster size for feds, will this alter dependant on promotion style? or are you sticking with the current, level orientated system? I'm just enquiring as i know there was a lot of debate on the subject recently, not to flog a dead horse but i know a lot of people want a work-around to the WWE releases at the start of the game and i was curious as too wether that will be covered with the new style system.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;135921]That will be addressed in a later journal entry.[/QUOTE] *Rubs hands together* This journal entry is quickly becoming my fave read, seriously it's awesome to see the game at it's infant stages and being filled in on features

he he, i think he sensed my Culombo-like effort to get information from him! Still with the few alterations he has made so far i would pay full price to have the new version. And these changes have only taken a month, imagine what he can do with the 6 months between now and christmas - this game is gonna be off the hizzle fa shizzle! (incidentally, i cant pull that off, can i?)

[QUOTE=panix04;135925]he he, i think he sensed my [B]Culombo-like [/B]effort to get information from him! Still with the few alterations he has made so far i would pay full price to have the new version. And these changes have only taken a month, imagine what he can do with the 6 months between now and christmas - this game is gonna be off the hizzle fa shizzle! (incidentally, i cant pull that off, can i?)[/QUOTE] Perhaps if you were Sherlock Holmes you might have got further. But I digress. This is without doubt the best news so far. It allows for a truly unique gaming experience, especially considering I will be concentrating on EoGE first, it means family-friendly comedy wrestlecrap can be accurately simulated, especially in comparison to the traditional wrestlecrap of WCW and the unique risque classic ECW! Awesome! I need more journal entries, I can't wait till Monday!!! Adam you keep avoiding my requests... WILL YOU MARRY ME?

[quote=TCP1;135952]WILL YOU MARRY ME?[/quote] I don't understand why you would wish to marry Adam Ryland. Perhaps you think if you were his signifigant other he would give you game tips and a free version of the game. ;) But we all know he'd never do that. :rolleyes: Damn programmers. :p

[quote=panix04;135992]Yep, LoganRodzen is spot on TCP! Trust me, i know have a nasty devorce with the guy who makes Football manager to sort out! (oops, i should be careful really, he post on here occasionally doesn't he?)[/quote] Those dang divorces to simulation game programmers. I've never gotten involved enough to get that far myself - I was always afraid of commitment past the game itself. ;) Also, to stay a bit more on topic just so I can say I did - CarlitoCoool, the Dev Journal is also becoming one of my favorite reads.

All this talk of old school All Japan intensity, head drops and what not is getting me hot under the collar. And this means we can have pure womens wrestling promotions and proper old school British promotions: pure wrestling, realism and a hint of comedy.

[QUOTE=Thriller;136042]And this means we can have pure womens wrestling promotions and proper old school British promotions: pure wrestling, realism and a hint of comedy.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I'm looking forward to creating my women's cutting edge promotion. Kind of a blend of AJW, GAEA, and ARSION with that APW garage feel. WOO HAH! And Panix, I probably got my biggest laugh of the day imagining you (with what I imagine is a British accent) saying "off the hizzle fo shizzle". :D So thanks for that (the Friday after a failed terrorist plot involving a commercial airline is the 4th circle of HELL for a travel agent, I've found).

I don't know about all you guys but i think the new promotional style feature is absolutely fantastic. In fact it is more than simply fantastic it is, well, a very good reason for at least me to buy the game! I ended up playing a style of play in 2005, which did not really fit what i would had like, something like a compromise. With the new feature i am free. Great!:)

It's nice to see that Adam Ryland has blatantly ripped off of my "Torri's TEW Countdown" from TEW 2004. I should get some sort of compensation for such infringement. Oh yeah, and this is probably the feature i'm most lookin' forward to. Knowing I don't have to remain booking one style is great.

[QUOTE=haloed;136655]My only question about this would be if a fed would be able to evolve its style over time, such as the WWF or E has over the years?[/QUOTE] From the Journal. The final part is the most important, and is the Product Appeal. This defines what the actual product is made up of. It consists of twelve categories, which are rated on a scale between None (has absolutely no place in the product) up to Key Feature (is a major factor). The combination of ratings you give basically defines the promotion; it will effect what wrestlers fit in, what fans you attract, whether you are likely to get effected by industry slumps as badly as other promotions, what the fans will expect to see and how they will react to it....etc, etc. These can be changed in game, so that a promotion can be "evolved" as it goes along (although, of course, radically changing your style would be a bad move, as you'd essentially be driving away your existing fan base before you have new fans to replace them with).

[QUOTE=MattQ2607;136659]From the Journal. The final part is the most important, and is the Product Appeal. This defines what the actual product is made up of. It consists of twelve categories, which are rated on a scale between None (has absolutely no place in the product) up to Key Feature (is a major factor). The combination of ratings you give basically defines the promotion; it will effect what wrestlers fit in, what fans you attract, whether you are likely to get effected by industry slumps as badly as other promotions, what the fans will expect to see and how they will react to it....etc, etc. These can be changed in game, so that a promotion can be "evolved" as it goes along (although, of course, radically changing your style would be a bad move, as you'd essentially be driving away your existing fan base before you have new fans to replace them with).[/QUOTE] Thanks for pointing that out, must of missed that part when I read it before.

Just read Adam's last journal post and wow:eek: I must say, 07 is going to be off the hook. I'll be the first to admit I wanted a thousand things added and changed but by the look of it Adam is really putting some thought into this and I feel like I may have been outta line. The new promotional style set up is just bloody fanta.stic, it's going to be make the game so much more playable

Archived