[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;135924]MMA Crossover workers have always been in. I'm not including MMA promotions as this is a wrestling game, and MMA promoters don't work in anything like the same manner.[/QUOTE] Amen to that! Like the crossovers, but hate the idea of a MMA fed. Snoozefest!

[QUOTE=Capelli King;136251]With the new promotion style feature, in theory, you will be able to make crouds which love MMA or MMA styles, and you will be able to [B]make a true MMA promotion[/B], which by the way is what i am planning to do[/QUOTE] I specifically noted that you can't make a true MMA promotion in the journal. You can make a fed where people are coming to see [I]a wrestling promotion that has a heavy MMA-style to it[/I], but not a true shoot-based company.

[QUOTE=TCP1;135955]Amen to that! Like the crossovers, but hate the idea of a MMA fed. Snoozefest![/QUOTE] I agree with Adam that its apples and oranges, and this is somewhat off-topic, but MMA is anything but a snoozefest, a better than boxing. It's not one dimensional fighting, which is why it is great.

Well with MMA it would have to have a didn't match simulator to it and you couldn't manually choose the winner. Because of the %'s of a one punch knockout from a random guy against a champion. And different styles, it would make no sense for a wrestling game.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of booking an MMA fed. But not in TEW. It'd have to be a game of it's own, as you'd need different stats (one "MMA" stat isn't going to cut it if everyone in the fed is a mixed martial artist ¬_¬).

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;136409]Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of booking an MMA fed. But not in TEW. It'd have to be a game of it's own, as you'd need different stats (one "MMA" stat isn't going to cut it if everyone in the fed is a mixed martial artist ¬_¬).[/QUOTE] Not to mention that different skills have more weight than others. TKD guys tend to get their asses beat badly by most every other style.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;136409]Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of booking an MMA fed. But not in TEW. It'd have to be a game of it's own, as you'd need different stats (one "MMA" stat isn't going to cut it if everyone in the fed is a mixed martial artist ¬_¬).[/QUOTE] We have actually put this in the future games suggestion here at GDS. There is a freeware flash simulator game, but it isn't very good, but is a good start.

Honestly, from what I've seen it wouldn't take a whole lot to turn Wrestling Spirit into "Fighting Spirit" an MMA simulator. It would need to be tweaked a bit, but basically the whole concept of the game comes down to "What if Pro-Wrestling was a shoot", which IS MMA. I mean if Pro-Wrestling was a shoot, you wouldn't have Doink the Clown or Kevin the Vampire... I might even consider buying "Fighting Spirit" (whereas I will *never* buy Wrestling Spirirt).

The thing is though, shoot wrestling is NOT MMA :p In MMA, you have the whole concept of Guards, which is unheard of in pro wrestling, and also rounds and all the different styles to consider. WreSpi would be a decent base for an MMA sim, yeah, but it's not as similar as it seems. It would take quite a lot of work to make it realistic enough but still fun, but I can definately see it working. The main problem would be the immense amount of repitition if you happen to be a Sprawl-and-Brawl fighter. You'd basically be trying to land strikes, and pressing "Avoid Takedown Attempt" every so often for the entire match :p

[QUOTE=Dolfanar;136955]Honestly, from what I've seen it wouldn't take a whole lot to turn Wrestling Spirit into "Fighting Spirit" an MMA simulator. It would need to be tweaked a bit, but basically the whole concept of the game comes down to "What if Pro-Wrestling was a shoot", which IS MMA. I mean if Pro-Wrestling was a shoot, you wouldn't have Doink the Clown or Kevin the Vampire... I might even consider buying "Fighting Spirit" (whereas I will *never* buy Wrestling Spirirt).[/QUOTE] Wrestling Spirit is already like this. EDIT: If you want a pure fighting WS, make a mod with all the MMA guys and no pro wrestlers, and give them appropriate move sets.

Archived