Death of the Territories v1.0 Released

a little help

I'm a huge old school wrestling fan and I love the fact that you included so many wrestlers from my childhood. The only problem I have is I can't get it to work. I downloaded all the files and followed the instructions but when I go to run the game and it checks for errors it finds them and will not allow me to play.

Could someone please help me? maybe I'm doing something wrong??

thanks again and I can't wait to finally play this!

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here is what I do and here is the error that I get

1) I download all the zip files

2) I follow the directions that is within the main file

3) I start the game and change the database and get the following error

4) it says UWA has been given a booker, but no related contract has been found

hope that this helps and I want to thank anyone ahead of time that takes the time to help me figure this out!

Thank you all!!!

• 3 weeks later...

From the read me file in the data - hopefully this makes some sense to you:

Installation:

1) Place the unzipped ‘DOTT’ Folder (DOTTv3.5.zip) into your C:/Program Files/GDS/Wrestling Spirit/Data directory.

You should now have Default and Territories folders in the Data directory.

2) From the Default data, copy the existing wave files from the Sound directory and place them into the ‘Territories’ Sound directory.

3) Unzip and place the Moves Pictures (Moves1.zip, Moves2.zip, and/or NewMoves.zip) into the Moves folder of your ‘Territories’ directory.

4) Unzip and place the Worker Pictures (Worker1.zip, Worker2.zip, and/or NewWorkers.zip) into the People folder of your ‘Territories’ directory.

Note: Some Worker and Moves Pics are provided by Grey Dog forum member ShootTheMoon – thanks, Moon!

5) Unzip and place the Logos Pictures (Logos.zip and/or NewLogos.zip) into the Logos folder of your ‘Territories’ directory.

6) Unzip and Place the Belt Pictures (Belts.zip) into the Belts folder of your ‘Territories’ directory.

Note: A great majority of the Belt pictures are provided by Troy Perry.

* If you wish to use the Optional Arena Backgrounds, make sure you back-up the original pictures (lockerroom, arena_national, arena_cult, arena_local, arena_regional, and arena_small) before installing, as you may want to use these while playing the original data – located here: C:/Program Files/GDS/Wrestling Spirit/Backgrounds

7) To Install Alternate Backgrounds, Unzip the AltBackgrounds to your Wrestling Spirit Backgrounds directory (after making backups of Originals).

8) Enjoy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ok here is what I do and here is the error that I get

1) I download all the zip files

2) I follow the directions that is within the main file

3) I start the game and change the database and get the following error

4) it says UWA has been given a booker, but no related contract has been found

hope that this helps and I want to thank anyone ahead of time that takes the time to help me figure this out!

Thank you all!!!

I got the same error and managed to fix it.

Go to "Edit Database" from the Database Manager, and edit Promotions. Bring up UWA, and you'll notice the Booker is set to None. Pick a Booker, hit save then run the Database check again. It should work.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm playing the game with Bret Hart but everytime I wanna go to the next week it says bad record number. Can anyone help out. Thanks.

You put this particular data into Wrestling Spirit 1 and keep getting that error message. Does it happen when advancing from Day 7, Week 1 to Day 1, Week 2?

I just ran two weeks of simming and haven't run into anything out of the ordinary. Except for the booking... egads! :)

Remember, there are three versions of D.O.T.T. now; one for the first Wrestling Spirit, one for TEW05, and one for Wrestling Spirit 2. I know it might be confusing to someone new, but make sure that the correct data is matched with the correct game.

If you've already ensured that isn't the problem, drop me a PM - we'll work something out where you can send the problematic data to me and I'll try to see what is wrong.

Sorry about the hassles!

• 1 month later...

I downloaded the files then double clicked on the icon from the DOTT.zip download and I noticed something different from the v2.5 icon that I also have on my pc.

There is no path for the files. When I put the pointer over the v2.5 icon and double clicked it it showed a path of "dott\" for each of the files.

Shouldn't the files in the DOTT.zip download have a path named "territories\" so that it would create a "territories" folder?

• 8 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...