TEW 2007 Calandar system

2004 was great but 2005's calandar really threw me off because not every month is 4 weeks and it really screwed up the booking when it came to things like writing a diary and keeping it realistic. Any chance we'll see a return to 2004's calandar or maybe a choice between the two systems to fit more players?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have to remember that Adam used the 4 week calendar for simplicity purposes in coding. Otherwise, it would be a hell of a lot harder to make the game, as so many things have to do with the date. So it's a small sacrifice to make for the sake of the game being good. Plus, just pretend that you're promotion takes time off for the last 1, 2, or 3 (depending on the month) days of the month. But really, people who read diaries here already know about the calendar system, so it doesn't throw them off. Or you could just explain it creatively (I said that some intern named 'Adam Ryland' gave me a weird calendar). And really, I think it makes everything easier in terms of organization. Except maybe for title histories, but oh well.

You have to remember that Adam used the 4 week calendar for simplicity purposes in coding. Otherwise, it would be a hell of a lot harder to make the game, as so many things have to do with the date. So it's a small sacrifice to make for the sake of the game being good. Plus, just pretend that you're promotion takes time off for the last 1, 2, or 3 (depending on the month) days of the month. But really, people who read diaries here already know about the calendar system, so it doesn't throw them off. Or you could just explain it creatively (I said that some intern named 'Adam Ryland' gave me a weird calendar). And really, I think it makes everything easier in terms of organization. Except maybe for title histories, but oh well.

I LOVED the four week calendar system, and it was great with my diary writing aswell. If I wanted to hold a show on the 20th September, I would go through the computer calendar, find out what day and week it was in September, and throw it in the game like that... It only matted for exact accuracy in my diary, while the game allowed for simplicity and continuation.

I LOVED the four week calendar system, and it was great with my diary writing aswell. If I wanted to hold a show on the 20th September, I would go through the computer calendar, find out what day and week it was in September, and throw it in the game like that... It only matted for exact accuracy in my diary, while the game allowed for simplicity and continuation.

[QUOTE=Consrvtve;145474]Any chance we'll see a return to 2004's calandar or maybe a choice between the two systems to fit more players?[/QUOTE] No chance at all, I'd say. I don't think you know what you're asking for here. You're asking for two completely different engines for the same game. That's like asking Nissan to give you a hybrid and a V8 for your Maxima. If you do a search in the TEW 2005 general discussion forum for 'calendar', you'll find Adam's response when people complained about it in 05.

[QUOTE=Consrvtve;145474]Any chance we'll see a return to 2004's calandar or maybe a choice between the two systems to fit more players?[/QUOTE] No chance at all, I'd say. I don't think you know what you're asking for here. You're asking for two completely different engines for the same game. That's like asking Nissan to give you a hybrid and a V8 for your Maxima. If you do a search in the TEW 2005 general discussion forum for 'calendar', you'll find Adam's response when people complained about it in 05.

Come on, now. We're all wrestling fans here. You can't tell me that nobody here has fallen into 'suspension of disbelief' at least a few times. :P I don't even really think about the way an actual calendar is structured when I'm playing TEW... I think about the way the TEW calendar is structured. I can't say that it bothers me one bit, honestly. It's the way it is because that makes it easier to schedule weekly and monthly shows (my best guess, actually; I remember how TEW2004 and the EW series suffered from implementing a 'real' calendar). It works, so it works. And if it works, it's good. :)

Come on, now. We're all wrestling fans here. You can't tell me that nobody here has fallen into 'suspension of disbelief' at least a few times. :P I don't even really think about the way an actual calendar is structured when I'm playing TEW... I think about the way the TEW calendar is structured. I can't say that it bothers me one bit, honestly. It's the way it is because that makes it easier to schedule weekly and monthly shows (my best guess, actually; I remember how TEW2004 and the EW series suffered from implementing a 'real' calendar). It works, so it works. And if it works, it's good. :)

If anything I had trouble with 04s calendar because I associate a month as 4 weeks so sometimes I would have 5 weekly shows before my next ppv but I only had 4 thought out so I had 1 slacked up thrown together card that always came out bad. The 05 calendar is the best way to go. So if you hold all of your PPVs or big events on the 4th week of the month then you know how many shows you have to hype up the ppv if you do weekly shows or monthly shows. It is just more simple.

If anything I had trouble with 04s calendar because I associate a month as 4 weeks so sometimes I would have 5 weekly shows before my next ppv but I only had 4 thought out so I had 1 slacked up thrown together card that always came out bad. The 05 calendar is the best way to go. So if you hold all of your PPVs or big events on the 4th week of the month then you know how many shows you have to hype up the ppv if you do weekly shows or monthly shows. It is just more simple.

Eh, if you can suspend belief long enough to believe in an Irish Whip, you can believe in a year with 360 days. Personally, my only issue with the calender came up if I wanted to make a holiday show. It would take me a few minutes to figure out when in the month a holiday (like Christmas) would be.

Eh, if you can suspend belief long enough to believe in an Irish Whip, you can believe in a year with 360 days. Personally, my only issue with the calender came up if I wanted to make a holiday show. It would take me a few minutes to figure out when in the month a holiday (like Christmas) would be.

Um, actually, you lose more than a couple days, you lose [i]an entire month[/i]. 28 days to a month, 12 months to a year, that's 336 days over 48 weeks. That's an entire month vanished from existence. So why was the calendar changed, anyway? It makes doing title histories for any real-life mod impossible, for one, and it's [i]extremely[/i] inaccurate in reality due to the loss of 29 whole days. I'd like that month back, thank you very much.

Um, actually, you lose more than a couple days, you lose [i]an entire month[/i]. 28 days to a month, 12 months to a year, that's 336 days over 48 weeks. That's an entire month vanished from existence. So why was the calendar changed, anyway? It makes doing title histories for any real-life mod impossible, for one, and it's [i]extremely[/i] inaccurate in reality due to the loss of 29 whole days. I'd like that month back, thank you very much.

Remember that just having a tickbox to decide whether we want to use the Rylandian calendar or not, is never that simple. In order to have that tickbox, Adam would have to design the WHOLE game TWICE. Because the calendar affects everything in the game in some way. At least, most parts. And personally I love the Rylandian calendar and I'm glad it's going to be in TEW 2k7.

Remember that just having a tickbox to decide whether we want to use the Rylandian calendar or not, is never that simple. In order to have that tickbox, Adam would have to design the WHOLE game TWICE. Because the calendar affects everything in the game in some way. At least, most parts. And personally I love the Rylandian calendar and I'm glad it's going to be in TEW 2k7.

[QUOTE=Anubis;145557]Um, actually, you lose more than a couple days, you lose [i]an entire month[/i]. 28 days to a month, 12 months to a year, that's 336 days over 48 weeks. That's an entire month vanished from existence. So why was the calendar changed, anyway? It makes doing title histories for any real-life mod impossible, for one, and it's [i]extremely[/i] inaccurate in reality due to the loss of 29 whole days. I'd like that month back, thank you very much.[/QUOTE] You don't "lose" anything; there's no time limit on the game, so the amount of game time you get to play is not being reduced in any way, shape or form. Given that a lot of days in-between shows you spend doing nothing anyway, you can simply look at it as a reduction in clicks. It also doesn't make title histories impossible in the slightest. You type in pre-title histories in text format, so if you want to write "January 1st" you can. NB This isn't a pure simulator, so not everything has to follow your strict mantra of "it must be realistic". I, and apparently a lot of other people, think this system makes for a more enjoyable user experience, and I'd take that over a little bit of unrealism every time. If you're looking for something that absolutely rigidly sticks to realism at the expense of game play, then my products really aren't for you, and I'd suggest you look elsewhere for your gaming needs.

[QUOTE=Anubis;145557]Um, actually, you lose more than a couple days, you lose [i]an entire month[/i]. 28 days to a month, 12 months to a year, that's 336 days over 48 weeks. That's an entire month vanished from existence. So why was the calendar changed, anyway? It makes doing title histories for any real-life mod impossible, for one, and it's [i]extremely[/i] inaccurate in reality due to the loss of 29 whole days. I'd like that month back, thank you very much.[/QUOTE] You don't "lose" anything; there's no time limit on the game, so the amount of game time you get to play is not being reduced in any way, shape or form. Given that a lot of days in-between shows you spend doing nothing anyway, you can simply look at it as a reduction in clicks. It also doesn't make title histories impossible in the slightest. You type in pre-title histories in text format, so if you want to write "January 1st" you can. NB This isn't a pure simulator, so not everything has to follow your strict mantra of "it must be realistic". I, and apparently a lot of other people, think this system makes for a more enjoyable user experience, and I'd take that over a little bit of unrealism every time. If you're looking for something that absolutely rigidly sticks to realism at the expense of game play, then my products really aren't for you, and I'd suggest you look elsewhere for your gaming needs.

Archived