TEW 2007 Calandar system

[QUOTE=Remianen;148890]First off, let me just say that I respect your opinion even though I wholeheartedly disagree with it. Personally, I think [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29305&postcount=23"]the single most comprehensive explanation Adam has given on this subject[/URL] more than explains the rationale behind the decision, which I think is satisfactory (your mileage may vary). But, in my view, there was [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29850&postcount=54"]another post[/URL] that I pretty much agree wholeheartedly with. The man said it's not going to change but still folks want to lobby for something that could potentially set the game's release back two months. I don't always agree with Adam's decisions but I realize that in the end, the buck stops with him. You or I have no idea of what's happening behind the scenes or the exact mechanics involved in making a change of this kind. Maybe the complete rewrite from 04 to 05 made using a fixed length calendar more tidy or workable with all the various other parts of the game that were rewritten. There are tons of reasons why this change can't or won't be made and he's already said it's not going to change. He's given no indication that there's room for negotiation on this. Continuing to harp on it just comes off as petulant to me. Seriously, let it go.[/QUOTE] First Adam said that he would not be changing back to the real world calendar, as that is what most people have been crying for him to do. I don't know if he every said he wouldn't consider any other type of change to it? I won't dare to venture a guess on wether or not Adam might consider the 4 months of five weeks or not, but I will say that it might be the best compromise out there. If you look at those reasons Adam gave for sticking with the the 4 week months calender only two of them would be affected by 4 months of 5 weeks. The increase or decrease in income. A way to make that that increase or decrease less significate would be to have the divides by the number of weeks in the month for promotions that hold more than 2 shows a month. (If they only hold one show a month then just base it off $ amount). As for the other issues the dates wouldn't float. Ok so maybe you'd advance ahead on Sunday Week for expecting it to be Monday week 1, but its week 5 4 times a year, but would that really be a bad thing? I am not saying that Adam should make this change, but I think if he makes any change then it should be this one. I don't have a problem with the 4 week calendar I did at first to be honest, but I understood why he did it and accepted it. If it continues with out any change that is fine with me. If it is changed I'd like to see it done in the fashion that GentyCove mentioned.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Remianen;148890]First off, let me just say that I respect your opinion even though I wholeheartedly disagree with it. Personally, I think [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29305&postcount=23"]the single most comprehensive explanation Adam has given on this subject[/URL] more than explains the rationale behind the decision, which I think is satisfactory (your mileage may vary). But, in my view, there was [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29850&postcount=54"]another post[/URL] that I pretty much agree wholeheartedly with. The man said it's not going to change but still folks want to lobby for something that could potentially set the game's release back two months. I don't always agree with Adam's decisions but I realize that in the end, the buck stops with him. You or I have no idea of what's happening behind the scenes or the exact mechanics involved in making a change of this kind. Maybe the complete rewrite from 04 to 05 made using a fixed length calendar more tidy or workable with all the various other parts of the game that were rewritten. There are tons of reasons why this change can't or won't be made and he's already said it's not going to change. He's given no indication that there's room for negotiation on this. Continuing to harp on it just comes off as petulant to me. Seriously, let it go.[/QUOTE] First Adam said that he would not be changing back to the real world calendar, as that is what most people have been crying for him to do. I don't know if he every said he wouldn't consider any other type of change to it? I won't dare to venture a guess on wether or not Adam might consider the 4 months of five weeks or not, but I will say that it might be the best compromise out there. If you look at those reasons Adam gave for sticking with the the 4 week months calender only two of them would be affected by 4 months of 5 weeks. The increase or decrease in income. A way to make that that increase or decrease less significate would be to have the divides by the number of weeks in the month for promotions that hold more than 2 shows a month. (If they only hold one show a month then just base it off $ amount). As for the other issues the dates wouldn't float. Ok so maybe you'd advance ahead on Sunday Week for expecting it to be Monday week 1, but its week 5 4 times a year, but would that really be a bad thing? I am not saying that Adam should make this change, but I think if he makes any change then it should be this one. I don't have a problem with the 4 week calendar I did at first to be honest, but I understood why he did it and accepted it. If it continues with out any change that is fine with me. If it is changed I'd like to see it done in the fashion that GentyCove mentioned.

[QUOTE=djlightning;149018]First Adam said that he would not be changing back to the real world calendar, as that is what most people have been crying for him to do. I don't know if he every said he wouldn't consider any other type of change to it? I won't dare to venture a guess on wether or not Adam might consider the 4 months of five weeks or not, but I will say that it might be the best compromise out there. If you look at those reasons Adam gave for sticking with the the 4 week months calender only two of them would be affected by 4 months of 5 weeks. The increase or decrease in income. A way to make that that increase or decrease less significate would be to have the divides by the number of weeks in the month for promotions that hold more than 2 shows a month. (If they only hold one show a month then just base it off $ amount). As for the other issues the dates wouldn't float. Ok so maybe you'd advance ahead on Sunday Week for expecting it to be Monday week 1, but its week 5 4 times a year, but would that really be a bad thing?[/QUOTE] Actually, instead of doing anything like that, why not just make February, May, August, and November the four months with five weeks, to signify the "sweeps" months? That would be a good compromise, in my opinion. Sure, February would be weird with 35 days, but that's no weirder than December having only 28 days, and it would add back the "missing month" that I mentioned before.

[QUOTE=djlightning;149018]First Adam said that he would not be changing back to the real world calendar, as that is what most people have been crying for him to do. I don't know if he every said he wouldn't consider any other type of change to it? I won't dare to venture a guess on wether or not Adam might consider the 4 months of five weeks or not, but I will say that it might be the best compromise out there. If you look at those reasons Adam gave for sticking with the the 4 week months calender only two of them would be affected by 4 months of 5 weeks. The increase or decrease in income. A way to make that that increase or decrease less significate would be to have the divides by the number of weeks in the month for promotions that hold more than 2 shows a month. (If they only hold one show a month then just base it off $ amount). As for the other issues the dates wouldn't float. Ok so maybe you'd advance ahead on Sunday Week for expecting it to be Monday week 1, but its week 5 4 times a year, but would that really be a bad thing?[/QUOTE] Actually, instead of doing anything like that, why not just make February, May, August, and November the four months with five weeks, to signify the "sweeps" months? That would be a good compromise, in my opinion. Sure, February would be weird with 35 days, but that's no weirder than December having only 28 days, and it would add back the "missing month" that I mentioned before.

[QUOTE=Remianen;148890]First off, let me just say that I respect your opinion even though I wholeheartedly disagree with it. Personally, I think [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29305&postcount=23"]the single most comprehensive explanation Adam has given on this subject[/URL] more than explains the rationale behind the decision, which I think is satisfactory (your mileage may vary). But, in my view, there was [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29850&postcount=54"]another post[/URL] that I pretty much agree wholeheartedly with. The man said it's not going to change but still folks want to lobby for something that could potentially set the game's release back two months. I don't always agree with Adam's decisions but I realize that in the end, the buck stops with him. You or I have no idea of what's happening behind the scenes or the exact mechanics involved in making a change of this kind. Maybe the complete rewrite from 04 to 05 made using a fixed length calendar more tidy or workable with all the various other parts of the game that were rewritten. There are tons of reasons why this change can't or won't be made and he's already said it's not going to change. He's given no indication that there's room for negotiation on this. Continuing to harp on it just comes off as petulant to me. Seriously, let it go.[/QUOTE] I have let it go, and fair enough perhaps I did go a bit over-board on the subject but I though it was something that could have improved the game. I PMed Adam about it incase he missed my posts and he PMed me back giving his reasons for not wanting to change the calendar system and I'm cool with that. I'll still buy the game, admittingly I do find the 48 week year a bit annoying but that's life - it doesn't make the game "unplayable" for me.

[QUOTE=Remianen;148890]First off, let me just say that I respect your opinion even though I wholeheartedly disagree with it. Personally, I think [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29305&postcount=23"]the single most comprehensive explanation Adam has given on this subject[/URL] more than explains the rationale behind the decision, which I think is satisfactory (your mileage may vary). But, in my view, there was [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29850&postcount=54"]another post[/URL] that I pretty much agree wholeheartedly with. The man said it's not going to change but still folks want to lobby for something that could potentially set the game's release back two months. I don't always agree with Adam's decisions but I realize that in the end, the buck stops with him. You or I have no idea of what's happening behind the scenes or the exact mechanics involved in making a change of this kind. Maybe the complete rewrite from 04 to 05 made using a fixed length calendar more tidy or workable with all the various other parts of the game that were rewritten. There are tons of reasons why this change can't or won't be made and he's already said it's not going to change. He's given no indication that there's room for negotiation on this. Continuing to harp on it just comes off as petulant to me. Seriously, let it go.[/QUOTE] I have let it go, and fair enough perhaps I did go a bit over-board on the subject but I though it was something that could have improved the game. I PMed Adam about it incase he missed my posts and he PMed me back giving his reasons for not wanting to change the calendar system and I'm cool with that. I'll still buy the game, admittingly I do find the 48 week year a bit annoying but that's life - it doesn't make the game "unplayable" for me.

solving real life calendar problem The only problem anyone can say about the real life calendar is a PPV booked on say, the 28th of September will be on say Sunday for example. The following year it might be on the 28th as usual but it will be a Wednsday. Maybe there should be a way that PPVs could be set to be on a particular day and if that day isn't available then it puts it on the closet day possible. If you pick the last Sunday of every month then it should put it on the last Sunday automatically. Anyway, that seems to be the only problem with the real calendar. I don't mean to disagree with the popular vote but I do prefer the real calendar especially since everything else is designed to reflect real world. Example, I would like to see more roster splits. I think it would be cool to have 4 or 5 roster splits but no one likes that idea because its not real. Of course, a fake calendar is cool though. LOL. 4 or 5 roster splits is much more possible then the whole world deciding to use a different calendar. What if Panda Energy sold TNA to WWE. No Vince has 4 roster splits. 5 if he brings back WCW. What if he wants to keep Raw and Smackdown and bring Nitro and Thunder back and each show he wants a different roster for it. A roster for Raw, a roster for Smackdown, a roster for Nitro, a roster for Thunder, a roster for ECW and a roster for TNA. Thats 6 rosters right there and its a much more possible than the world converting to a fake calendar. Anyway, its not a deal breaker for me though. I'm still buying the game even if the calendar is chessy. I love everyone, so please don't be mad at me for having an opinion that's different from the popular vote.

solving real life calendar problem The only problem anyone can say about the real life calendar is a PPV booked on say, the 28th of September will be on say Sunday for example. The following year it might be on the 28th as usual but it will be a Wednsday. Maybe there should be a way that PPVs could be set to be on a particular day and if that day isn't available then it puts it on the closet day possible. If you pick the last Sunday of every month then it should put it on the last Sunday automatically. Anyway, that seems to be the only problem with the real calendar. I don't mean to disagree with the popular vote but I do prefer the real calendar especially since everything else is designed to reflect real world. Example, I would like to see more roster splits. I think it would be cool to have 4 or 5 roster splits but no one likes that idea because its not real. Of course, a fake calendar is cool though. LOL. 4 or 5 roster splits is much more possible then the whole world deciding to use a different calendar. What if Panda Energy sold TNA to WWE. No Vince has 4 roster splits. 5 if he brings back WCW. What if he wants to keep Raw and Smackdown and bring Nitro and Thunder back and each show he wants a different roster for it. A roster for Raw, a roster for Smackdown, a roster for Nitro, a roster for Thunder, a roster for ECW and a roster for TNA. Thats 6 rosters right there and its a much more possible than the world converting to a fake calendar. Anyway, its not a deal breaker for me though. I'm still buying the game even if the calendar is chessy. I love everyone, so please don't be mad at me for having an opinion that's different from the popular vote.

Archived