Footage distribution official thread(tm)

Just curious (Love the feature by the way) but will there be more negative features to counteract the surge toward helping out the smaller feds? I've always been interested about the difference between global and national/cult levels. It seems that the levels should be be more difficult to obtain. Just a thought. Also does this feature help global promotions like WWE who already have a massive fanbase?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just curious (Love the feature by the way) but will there be more negative features to counteract the surge toward helping out the smaller feds? I've always been interested about the difference between global and national/cult levels. It seems that the levels should be be more difficult to obtain. Just a thought. Also does this feature help global promotions like WWE who already have a massive fanbase?

[QUOTE=nick1091;147789]Two quick questions. 1. If the option is set to none, does that mean there will be no need to set an announce team? 2. If the option is set to Internet, will we be able to see anywhere how many people have viewed/downloaded the show?[/QUOTE] Im not Adam but I could almost say for sure that you will be able to view the viewed/downloaded numbers in the same place as the viewers for TV shows and such. As for the first question, thats something I would like to know as well.

[QUOTE=nick1091;147789]Two quick questions. 1. If the option is set to none, does that mean there will be no need to set an announce team? 2. If the option is set to Internet, will we be able to see anywhere how many people have viewed/downloaded the show?[/QUOTE] Im not Adam but I could almost say for sure that you will be able to view the viewed/downloaded numbers in the same place as the viewers for TV shows and such. As for the first question, thats something I would like to know as well.

I didn't see this answered, if it was apoligies adam. But say if you use video option, can take certain matches for one wrestler, To make a best of type of video? and also on the Internet option can you select what clips get post to the internet if you wanted, like WWE and TNA does with the segments?

I didn't see this answered, if it was apoligies adam. But say if you use video option, can take certain matches for one wrestler, To make a best of type of video? and also on the Internet option can you select what clips get post to the internet if you wanted, like WWE and TNA does with the segments?

[QUOTE]If the option is set to none, does that mean there will be no need to set an announce team?[/QUOTE] No. [QUOTE]If the option is set to Internet, will we be able to see anywhere how many people have viewed/downloaded the show?[/QUOTE] No, you see the effect in popularity increase. [QUOTE]Just curious (Love the feature by the way) but will there be more negative features to counteract the surge toward helping out the smaller feds?[/QUOTE] It's not a surge, you can't suddenly turn yourself into a national powerhouse by releasing DVDs, you can merely make yourself a decent indy promotion a la ROH. If releasing good quality DVDs could make you into a huge promotion then ROH would be much bigger than they are in reality. [QUOTE]Also does this feature help global promotions like WWE who already have a massive fanbase?[/QUOTE] It can help them break into foreign markets, but it's unlikely to do a great deal other than that. The WWE doesn't gain new fans via DVD in reality, it gets income from existing ones. It is smaller promotions who actually expand via this method. [QUOTE]But say if you use video option, can take certain matches for one wrestler, To make a best of type of video?[/QUOTE] No. You're not getting the thrust of this feature, it's about expanding your audience. What you're talking about is essentially fancy merchandising. [QUOTE]and also on the Internet option can you select what clips get post to the internet if you wanted, like WWE and TNA does with the segments?[/QUOTE] No, I don't think that is necessary.

[QUOTE]If the option is set to none, does that mean there will be no need to set an announce team?[/QUOTE] No. [QUOTE]If the option is set to Internet, will we be able to see anywhere how many people have viewed/downloaded the show?[/QUOTE] No, you see the effect in popularity increase. [QUOTE]Just curious (Love the feature by the way) but will there be more negative features to counteract the surge toward helping out the smaller feds?[/QUOTE] It's not a surge, you can't suddenly turn yourself into a national powerhouse by releasing DVDs, you can merely make yourself a decent indy promotion a la ROH. If releasing good quality DVDs could make you into a huge promotion then ROH would be much bigger than they are in reality. [QUOTE]Also does this feature help global promotions like WWE who already have a massive fanbase?[/QUOTE] It can help them break into foreign markets, but it's unlikely to do a great deal other than that. The WWE doesn't gain new fans via DVD in reality, it gets income from existing ones. It is smaller promotions who actually expand via this method. [QUOTE]But say if you use video option, can take certain matches for one wrestler, To make a best of type of video?[/QUOTE] No. You're not getting the thrust of this feature, it's about expanding your audience. What you're talking about is essentially fancy merchandising. [QUOTE]and also on the Internet option can you select what clips get post to the internet if you wanted, like WWE and TNA does with the segments?[/QUOTE] No, I don't think that is necessary.

Okay now I see what Adam's doing. He's building an electronic mosaic. This feature, while nice on its own, becomes even better when taken together with the other announced features. I'm guessing there will be a lot of subtleties to 07 that'll keep folks guessing for at least a year. Remember the 'just in time' thing in 05? How long did that take to get sussed out? But this feature, at least on paper, gives smaller promotions a potentially new revenue stream, which has always been my major issue with running a smaller promotion. As a person who enjoys digging out and employing a game's more subtle workings, this is turning into quite the intriguing puzzle. Great addition! :)

Okay now I see what Adam's doing. He's building an electronic mosaic. This feature, while nice on its own, becomes even better when taken together with the other announced features. I'm guessing there will be a lot of subtleties to 07 that'll keep folks guessing for at least a year. Remember the 'just in time' thing in 05? How long did that take to get sussed out? But this feature, at least on paper, gives smaller promotions a potentially new revenue stream, which has always been my major issue with running a smaller promotion. As a person who enjoys digging out and employing a game's more subtle workings, this is turning into quite the intriguing puzzle. Great addition! :)

[QUOTE=TheNinjaSpecter;147805]Actually I can see a point to the best of video, it could help increase the popularity of one of your better wrestlers. It probably wouldn't have a huge effect, but having a best of video could have a point.[/QUOTE] Please re-read what I actually wrote, and not what you [I]think[/I] I wrote. I didn't say that a "Best Of" didn't have a point, I said that it didn't fit in with the thrust of this particular feature.

[QUOTE=TheNinjaSpecter;147805]Actually I can see a point to the best of video, it could help increase the popularity of one of your better wrestlers. It probably wouldn't have a huge effect, but having a best of video could have a point.[/QUOTE] Please re-read what I actually wrote, and not what you [I]think[/I] I wrote. I didn't say that a "Best Of" didn't have a point, I said that it didn't fit in with the thrust of this particular feature.

[QUOTE=rajde;147817]I find this a bit confusing. Wouldn't this still be like a tv taping?[/QUOTE] I would say yes (again I am not Adam). I thinks its a way to get your product out their when you dont have a TV show. Also did you guys actually read what Adam said in his last post [B][I]I didn't say that a "Best Of" didn't have a point[/I][/B] To me that sounds like he is going to be putting this feature in :D

[QUOTE=rajde;147817]I find this a bit confusing. Wouldn't this still be like a tv taping?[/QUOTE] I would say yes (again I am not Adam). I thinks its a way to get your product out their when you dont have a TV show. Also did you guys actually read what Adam said in his last post [B][I]I didn't say that a "Best Of" didn't have a point[/I][/B] To me that sounds like he is going to be putting this feature in :D

From what we read about Merchandising in TEW 07, then yeah... I'd imagine best-of DVDs could be one of the options (along with those god damned foam hands). I think one of the immediately obvious disadvantages of running an internet show or selling DVDs would be the cost -- it's clearly going to take more money to throw your show on the 'net or DVD (camera crew, editing, etc) than it would to choose 'None,' leading me to wonder exactly how affordable it's going to be for smaller promotions. So unless you're making a whole crap ton of money, these options may not necessarily be viable ones.

Archived