Footage distribution official thread(tm)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=MrThing;147875]Would it be possible to provide TV-like content on free Internet and big shows on DVD? JAPW has a webcast that is like a B-show and the RoH free content is like a B-show as well, but they both sell the real goods on DVD. In this way Internet is to TV what DVD is to PPV. The option to use both would be useful, but you also have to pay for both to be produced and distributed (although internet content can be distributed for free via You Tube and the like).[/QUOTE] This is completely correct IMO, especially the last paragraph. I hope that we can have the option to do both.

[QUOTE=MrThing;147875]Would it be possible to provide TV-like content on free Internet and big shows on DVD? JAPW has a webcast that is like a B-show and the RoH free content is like a B-show as well, but they both sell the real goods on DVD. In this way Internet is to TV what DVD is to PPV. The option to use both would be useful, but you also have to pay for both to be produced and distributed (although internet content can be distributed for free via You Tube and the like).[/QUOTE] This is completely correct IMO, especially the last paragraph. I hope that we can have the option to do both.

[QUOTE=Dolfanar;147961]Anyway to turn this feature (or part of it) off? I'm thinking in terms of historical scenarios like DOTT. Even if it was/is hard coded in ex: <1995 No Internet, <1980 No DVD/VHS I don't want to be playing DOTT only to find out that Bill Watts is uploading his shows to the internet in 1984 using a 1200 baud modem or something![/QUOTE] No. If we applied that logic to one feature, it'd need to be added to every feature, and that would result in basically a completely new game. You'd have to have pay-per-view become time sensitive, TV viewing figures become time sensitive, you'd even have to make some of the styles appear and disappear.

[QUOTE=Dolfanar;147961]Anyway to turn this feature (or part of it) off? I'm thinking in terms of historical scenarios like DOTT. Even if it was/is hard coded in ex: <1995 No Internet, <1980 No DVD/VHS I don't want to be playing DOTT only to find out that Bill Watts is uploading his shows to the internet in 1984 using a 1200 baud modem or something![/QUOTE] No. If we applied that logic to one feature, it'd need to be added to every feature, and that would result in basically a completely new game. You'd have to have pay-per-view become time sensitive, TV viewing figures become time sensitive, you'd even have to make some of the styles appear and disappear.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;148043]No. If we applied that logic to one feature, it'd need to be added to every feature, and that would result in basically a completely new game. You'd have to have pay-per-view become time sensitive, TV viewing figures become time sensitive, you'd even have to make some of the styles appear and disappear.[/QUOTE] But actually some of that is already possible. If I am playing a 1930's scenario, and I have no TV networks and PPV carriers then there will be no PPV or TV. Bingo, you're done. WWW and DVD/VHS are a kind of unique situation as they are extremely recent developments (along with PPV) in the wrestling industry, and certainly deserve special dispensation. SOme way to toggle them on and off would be a nice addition.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;148043]No. If we applied that logic to one feature, it'd need to be added to every feature, and that would result in basically a completely new game. You'd have to have pay-per-view become time sensitive, TV viewing figures become time sensitive, you'd even have to make some of the styles appear and disappear.[/QUOTE] But actually some of that is already possible. If I am playing a 1930's scenario, and I have no TV networks and PPV carriers then there will be no PPV or TV. Bingo, you're done. WWW and DVD/VHS are a kind of unique situation as they are extremely recent developments (along with PPV) in the wrestling industry, and certainly deserve special dispensation. SOme way to toggle them on and off would be a nice addition.

[QUOTE=Dolfanar;148060]But actually some of that is already possible. If I am playing a 1930's scenario, and I have no TV networks and PPV carriers then there will be no PPV or TV. Bingo, you're done.[/QUOTE] That's not really the same thing, as you'll now never have TV or PPV in your game, even if you play until the present day.

[QUOTE=Dolfanar;148060]But actually some of that is already possible. If I am playing a 1930's scenario, and I have no TV networks and PPV carriers then there will be no PPV or TV. Bingo, you're done.[/QUOTE] That's not really the same thing, as you'll now never have TV or PPV in your game, even if you play until the present day.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;148057]If the show quality didn't effect anything then what would be the point? :confused:[/QUOTE] WreSpi2's match quality didn't affect anything :D And while I'm here, I had a question; is it possible to tape a show, but not use it right away? Like, if I don't have the money in September, I select none...but in November, I'm doing better so I pick DVD/VHS, would the shows I did in September be available for DVD release?

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;148057]If the show quality didn't effect anything then what would be the point? :confused:[/QUOTE] WreSpi2's match quality didn't affect anything :D And while I'm here, I had a question; is it possible to tape a show, but not use it right away? Like, if I don't have the money in September, I select none...but in November, I'm doing better so I pick DVD/VHS, would the shows I did in September be available for DVD release?

Archived