Footage distribution official thread(tm)

From what we read about Merchandising in TEW 07, then yeah... I'd imagine best-of DVDs could be one of the options (along with those god damned foam hands). I think one of the immediately obvious disadvantages of running an internet show or selling DVDs would be the cost -- it's clearly going to take more money to throw your show on the 'net or DVD (camera crew, editing, etc) than it would to choose 'None,' leading me to wonder exactly how affordable it's going to be for smaller promotions. So unless you're making a whole crap ton of money, these options may not necessarily be viable ones.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's a great feature. As someone who loves the smaller indies like MAW having a way to get the word out to other territories (or just make some cash) is a great feature. I also like that it may cost money and you may not be able to sustain it...things like that add so much realism. I never understood when people don't like the chance to fail at something in a game...it adds that much more of a challenge...but that's a topic for another post. And Thom, I've got a Mainstream Hernandez Foam Hand just waitin' for ya!!

I think it's a great feature. As someone who loves the smaller indies like MAW having a way to get the word out to other territories (or just make some cash) is a great feature. I also like that it may cost money and you may not be able to sustain it...things like that add so much realism. I never understood when people don't like the chance to fail at something in a game...it adds that much more of a challenge...but that's a topic for another post. And Thom, I've got a Mainstream Hernandez Foam Hand just waitin' for ya!!

[QUOTE=Game;147843]If you select internet, couldn't you just put banners on the site to make profit of it? I mean, I have a site that hosts videos for people, and I make money just buy posting ads on the sites.[/QUOTE] You're nit-picking. If you want to be anal about it then you could also have an option to set up a subscription service and get revenue that way, but it defeats the point of having an Internet and DVD\VHS option if there is going to be virtually no difference between them. You have to look at the bigger picture!

[QUOTE=Game;147843]If you select internet, couldn't you just put banners on the site to make profit of it? I mean, I have a site that hosts videos for people, and I make money just buy posting ads on the sites.[/QUOTE] You're nit-picking. If you want to be anal about it then you could also have an option to set up a subscription service and get revenue that way, but it defeats the point of having an Internet and DVD\VHS option if there is going to be virtually no difference between them. You have to look at the bigger picture!

Would it be possible to provide TV-like content on free Internet and big shows on DVD? JAPW has a webcast that is like a B-show and the RoH free content is like a B-show as well, but they both sell the real goods on DVD. In this way Internet is to TV what DVD is to PPV. The option to use both would be useful, but you also have to pay for both to be produced and distributed (although internet content can be distributed for free via You Tube and the like).

Would it be possible to provide TV-like content on free Internet and big shows on DVD? JAPW has a webcast that is like a B-show and the RoH free content is like a B-show as well, but they both sell the real goods on DVD. In this way Internet is to TV what DVD is to PPV. The option to use both would be useful, but you also have to pay for both to be produced and distributed (although internet content can be distributed for free via You Tube and the like).

I love this feature. When you are a ZERO POP fed just starting out, you can choose NONE. When you are too small to get a TV show but getting sort of popular, you can do INTERNET. When you have your first TV show and would like to really expand your territory, you can do DVD's. I'm going to have to have 4 games running at once. A Zero pop fed in the USA. A Zero pop fed in Mexico. A Zero pop fed in UK/Europe. A Zero pop fed in Japan.

I love this feature. When you are a ZERO POP fed just starting out, you can choose NONE. When you are too small to get a TV show but getting sort of popular, you can do INTERNET. When you have your first TV show and would like to really expand your territory, you can do DVD's. I'm going to have to have 4 games running at once. A Zero pop fed in the USA. A Zero pop fed in Mexico. A Zero pop fed in UK/Europe. A Zero pop fed in Japan.

That makes since, I like this it makes more since, than us trying to sign a deal with a internet host when in reality were the company paying for the host not signing a deal with the host to get to air. I guess that makes since with "The Best of Dvd's" being more fancy merchandising, it not really a show or PPV type of deal, so it makes since :)

That makes since, I like this it makes more since, than us trying to sign a deal with a internet host when in reality were the company paying for the host not signing a deal with the host to get to air. I guess that makes since with "The Best of Dvd's" being more fancy merchandising, it not really a show or PPV type of deal, so it makes since :)

[QUOTE=The Stallion;147823]I would say yes (again I am not Adam). I thinks its a way to get your product out their when you dont have a TV show. Also did you guys actually read what Adam said in his last post [B][I]I didn't say that a "Best Of" didn't have a point[/I][/B] To me that sounds like he is going to be putting this feature in :D[/QUOTE] I hear ya on the last point mate. 10-4.

[QUOTE=The Stallion;147823]I would say yes (again I am not Adam). I thinks its a way to get your product out their when you dont have a TV show. Also did you guys actually read what Adam said in his last post [B][I]I didn't say that a "Best Of" didn't have a point[/I][/B] To me that sounds like he is going to be putting this feature in :D[/QUOTE] I hear ya on the last point mate. 10-4.

Anyway to turn this feature (or part of it) off? I'm thinking in terms of historical scenarios like DOTT. Even if it was/is hard coded in ex: <1995 No Internet, <1980 No DVD/VHS I don't want to be playing DOTT only to find out that Bill Watts is uploading his shows to the internet in 1984 using a 1200 baud modem or something!

Anyway to turn this feature (or part of it) off? I'm thinking in terms of historical scenarios like DOTT. Even if it was/is hard coded in ex: <1995 No Internet, <1980 No DVD/VHS I don't want to be playing DOTT only to find out that Bill Watts is uploading his shows to the internet in 1984 using a 1200 baud modem or something!

Archived