• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Anubis;159068]Thing is, wouldn't it be easier on the fanbase, especially since I'd bet most of the players are from North America, if you used something more familiar to them? F- and F+ just look silly in concept, that's the biggest problem.[/QUOTE] I think the "familiarity" argument is very weak; anyone who genuinely struggles with the concept of F- and F+ because they've "not familiar with it" probably need to go back to playing with crayons, because it isn't hard to understand. Thinking they look "silly" is a matter of opinion. I happen to disagree.

[QUOTE=Anubis;159068]Thing is, wouldn't it be easier on the fanbase, especially since I'd bet most of the players are from North America, if you used something more familiar to them? F- and F+ just look silly in concept, that's the biggest problem.[/QUOTE] I think the "familiarity" argument is very weak; anyone who genuinely struggles with the concept of F- and F+ because they've "not familiar with it" probably need to go back to playing with crayons, because it isn't hard to understand. Thinking they look "silly" is a matter of opinion. I happen to disagree.

I'm from North America and I understand that F- is lower than F and F+ is higher that F. The idea that anyone in North America could be unfamilair with the concepts of + and - seems a bit odd to me. The grades are fine if you personally don't like them change them you have the ability to it's not that hard I can do it and if you can't there's a mods section ask some one if they'll make the graphics for you and then change them. It's not like letter grades are the end of the world and are gonna make or break the game, especially since (and I'll say this ain for emphasis) You can change them if you don't like them.

I'm from North America and I understand that F- is lower than F and F+ is higher that F. The idea that anyone in North America could be unfamilair with the concepts of + and - seems a bit odd to me. The grades are fine if you personally don't like them change them you have the ability to it's not that hard I can do it and if you can't there's a mods section ask some one if they'll make the graphics for you and then change them. It's not like letter grades are the end of the world and are gonna make or break the game, especially since (and I'll say this ain for emphasis) You can change them if you don't like them.

I really think that there are much more significant things to discuss about the game than the grade system. It is what it is, and the maker of the game has decided to be that way, so what's there to discuss anyway. What's the matter anyway? Can't understand these small things that people hang on to. Like how the game wouldn't be as good as it could be if there was this and that thing different. C'mon, grade system? :D

I really think that there are much more significant things to discuss about the game than the grade system. It is what it is, and the maker of the game has decided to be that way, so what's there to discuss anyway. What's the matter anyway? Can't understand these small things that people hang on to. Like how the game wouldn't be as good as it could be if there was this and that thing different. C'mon, grade system? :D

[QUOTE=Doublezero;158723]Grading is an emulation of the school system no matter what country. In this case, you are grading wrestling, therefore there will be comparisons. [B][U] However, there is nowhere in the world where F+ or F- is used,[/U][/B] but perhaps U or G or E as the above posters pointed out. With this in mind, as the above poster pointed out, there is nothing below failing. Wouldn't it have been easier to invent your own grading system or perhaps use a number system? Perhaps grading on a scale of 1 to 5, then fractions can come into play if that much detail is needed. For example, 1.375 or 1.5 From the TEW2005 help: "When you first start a storyline, the heat will automatically be zero, which will show as an F grade. This is because the storyline hasn't yet started, and so there is no fan interest because they haven't even heard of it yet." Perhaps eliminate the redundancy and write 0? I did not find any explanation for the grades elsewhere in the help, but clearly here 0 equals a grade of F. However, it does say in the grades that the higher the grade, the better. Will the change mean 0 equals F-? What will the other grades equal?[/QUOTE] um, despite the fact your wrong, your also ignorant. having gone to school in 4 places in these united states i can tell you I attended schools in north Carolina and Massachusetts that Recognized f+ in NC it was 44 to a 49 in MA it was 55 to 59. In NC I had some teachers who used f- being any grade below 25. this was usually done in ap clases where the final grade was not nessisarly based on the individual grades, so an F could get you a passing grade for the quarter but an f- was the teachers way of conveying no matter how you built bent the curve you behind was not cutting it. As for adams grades. well they are not judging pass fail, they are used for data obfuscation, to make things less complex. i mean technically he could use all 26 letter with + or -, but then what would he have achieved but moving to a convaluted 78 character scheme. We are comenting on something that was supposed to be original and fimiliar at the same time. by saying on one hand that it is not fimiliar enough (read identical) and on the other hand not original enough (read diffrent). So keep on wanting your cake and eating it to. Adam you are the best tight rope walker I know. It is a great balancing act you do.

[QUOTE=Doublezero;158723]Grading is an emulation of the school system no matter what country. In this case, you are grading wrestling, therefore there will be comparisons. [B][U] However, there is nowhere in the world where F+ or F- is used,[/U][/B] but perhaps U or G or E as the above posters pointed out. With this in mind, as the above poster pointed out, there is nothing below failing. Wouldn't it have been easier to invent your own grading system or perhaps use a number system? Perhaps grading on a scale of 1 to 5, then fractions can come into play if that much detail is needed. For example, 1.375 or 1.5 From the TEW2005 help: "When you first start a storyline, the heat will automatically be zero, which will show as an F grade. This is because the storyline hasn't yet started, and so there is no fan interest because they haven't even heard of it yet." Perhaps eliminate the redundancy and write 0? I did not find any explanation for the grades elsewhere in the help, but clearly here 0 equals a grade of F. However, it does say in the grades that the higher the grade, the better. Will the change mean 0 equals F-? What will the other grades equal?[/QUOTE] um, despite the fact your wrong, your also ignorant. having gone to school in 4 places in these united states i can tell you I attended schools in north Carolina and Massachusetts that Recognized f+ in NC it was 44 to a 49 in MA it was 55 to 59. In NC I had some teachers who used f- being any grade below 25. this was usually done in ap clases where the final grade was not nessisarly based on the individual grades, so an F could get you a passing grade for the quarter but an f- was the teachers way of conveying no matter how you built bent the curve you behind was not cutting it. As for adams grades. well they are not judging pass fail, they are used for data obfuscation, to make things less complex. i mean technically he could use all 26 letter with + or -, but then what would he have achieved but moving to a convaluted 78 character scheme. We are comenting on something that was supposed to be original and fimiliar at the same time. by saying on one hand that it is not fimiliar enough (read identical) and on the other hand not original enough (read diffrent). So keep on wanting your cake and eating it to. Adam you are the best tight rope walker I know. It is a great balancing act you do.

Archived