Undertaker's Title History

jonlawson

As I said, no problem him keeping the steak. BUT, he has to stop dominating young stars and making them look ****e. The only people he ever, and I mean EVER puts over are established main eventers (Austin, HHH, Rock, Angle) anyone else, if they're 'lucky' enough to beat him, it's always DQ or Count-out or screwjob. List of clean Undertaker jobs that I can remember: vs Angle at NWO 2006 vs Lesnar at Unforgiven/No Mercy, i forget which, but the Hell in a Cell one! vs Austin at some point, maybe Summerslam 97? Other than that are there any clean jobs?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But if "Fred" who no-one knows turns up and beats The Undertaker, what's that going to do to Taker's (and everyone he's beaten) credibility? WWE have made the passing of the torch incredibly difficult for Undertaker to do without it affecting his image. Even Hogan had his defeats over the years so he was able to pass the torch on, The Rock in particular sticks out in my mind.

But if "Fred" who no-one knows turns up and beats The Undertaker, what's that going to do to Taker's (and everyone he's beaten) credibility? WWE have made the passing of the torch incredibly difficult for Undertaker to do without it affecting his image. Even Hogan had his defeats over the years so he was able to pass the torch on, The Rock in particular sticks out in my mind.

That's all well and good. BUT, there have been plenty of opportunities for wrestlers to cleanly beat Taker, but it has not happened! I'm not saying he should lay down for Funaki, I'm just saying 15 years of service and around 5 clean jobs, is unacceptable!

That's all well and good. BUT, there have been plenty of opportunities for wrestlers to cleanly beat Taker, but it has not happened! I'm not saying he should lay down for Funaki, I'm just saying 15 years of service and around 5 clean jobs, is unacceptable!

i think it would be unfare to blame the dead-man for that though, apparantly he offered to give up his loosing streak to Kane at Mania, But Kane said he didn't want to tarnish takers legacy. Perhaps a lot of people on the roster have a similar take on the guy.

i think it would be unfare to blame the dead-man for that though, apparantly he offered to give up his loosing streak to Kane at Mania, But Kane said he didn't want to tarnish takers legacy. Perhaps a lot of people on the roster have a similar take on the guy.

[QUOTE=panix04;158767]i think it would be unfare to blame the dead-man for that though, apparantly he offered to give up his loosing streak to Kane at Mania, But Kane said he didn't want to tarnish takers legacy. Perhaps a lot of people on the roster have a similar take on the guy.[/QUOTE] Bingo. Wrestlers realize that Taker's legacy needs to be intact. Not just for history's sake, but because he's one of the few guys who a wrestler can lose to and still gain overness (think Hardy vs. Taker).

[QUOTE=panix04;158767]i think it would be unfare to blame the dead-man for that though, apparantly he offered to give up his loosing streak to Kane at Mania, But Kane said he didn't want to tarnish takers legacy. Perhaps a lot of people on the roster have a similar take on the guy.[/QUOTE] Bingo. Wrestlers realize that Taker's legacy needs to be intact. Not just for history's sake, but because he's one of the few guys who a wrestler can lose to and still gain overness (think Hardy vs. Taker).

The reason for the light workload of Undertaker might be due to injuries that he's had in the past. It could also be that he wants to spend more time with Sara and the children while they grow up. Vince seems to also be booking him less and he seems to come back around the time of a major PPV. 'Taker is unquestionably one of the most popular stars and, according to Ric Flair in his book, the most respected wrestler in the lockerroom. To be on top or near the top for as long as he has is quite a feat and had put a lot of pressure on him during some of that time. Has anyone noticed that we don't see the tombstone as much anymore? This because it has been taking it's toll on his knees. It would make sense for him to lose at a major PPV against John Cena and pass the torch to him as the main drawing card for WWE. It really should be a main eventer or upper midcarder who has beaten him in the past and not some "up and comer".

The reason for the light workload of Undertaker might be due to injuries that he's had in the past. It could also be that he wants to spend more time with Sara and the children while they grow up. Vince seems to also be booking him less and he seems to come back around the time of a major PPV. 'Taker is unquestionably one of the most popular stars and, according to Ric Flair in his book, the most respected wrestler in the lockerroom. To be on top or near the top for as long as he has is quite a feat and had put a lot of pressure on him during some of that time. Has anyone noticed that we don't see the tombstone as much anymore? This because it has been taking it's toll on his knees. It would make sense for him to lose at a major PPV against John Cena and pass the torch to him as the main drawing card for WWE. It really should be a main eventer or upper midcarder who has beaten him in the past and not some "up and comer".

[QUOTE=foolinc;158850]Bingo. Wrestlers realize that Taker's legacy needs to be intact. Not just for history's sake, but because he's one of the few guys who a wrestler can lose to and still gain overness (think Hardy vs. Taker).[/QUOTE] I loved that ladder match....just to see Taker climb back into the ring and pat him on the back was GREAT!! This was my fav Taker match during the biker time....

[QUOTE=foolinc;158850]Bingo. Wrestlers realize that Taker's legacy needs to be intact. Not just for history's sake, but because he's one of the few guys who a wrestler can lose to and still gain overness (think Hardy vs. Taker).[/QUOTE] I loved that ladder match....just to see Taker climb back into the ring and pat him on the back was GREAT!! This was my fav Taker match during the biker time....

[QUOTE=captainlou;158855]The reason for the light workload of Undertaker might be due to injuries that he's had in the past. It could also be that he wants to spend more time with Sara and the children while they grow up. Vince seems to also be booking him less and he seems to come back around the time of a major PPV. 'Taker is unquestionably one of the most popular stars and, according to Ric Flair in his book, the most respected wrestler in the lockerroom. To be on top or near the top for as long as he has is quite a feat and had put a lot of pressure on him during some of that time. Has anyone noticed that we don't see the tombstone as much anymore? This because it has been taking it's toll on his knees. It would make sense for him to lose at a major PPV against John Cena and pass the torch to him as the main drawing card for WWE. It really should be a main eventer or upper midcarder who has beaten him in the past and not some "up and comer".[/QUOTE] I'm going out on a limb here, and figuring that you have been keeping up with recent activities and see where Cena stands as far as Overness is concerned..... John Cena is "this (finger and thumb close together, showing very little space in between) close" to getting to the Legendary status. A win against TAker would definately help it, and I don't believe he would have to be a heel to get it. In fact, No disrespect to the Deadman intended, but right now it's believable for him to lose against any of the Main Eventers, really. Cena, Edge, Orton, Triple H from raw. Lashley, Batista, Finlay, Booker T, heck even Mr. Kennedy, could all win against him right now. The Dead man has lost something lately, and I believe he is still losing it through overuse of him right now. When he comes out, there is always that huge crowd responce... however, after that he definately becomes more "Human" to the crowd... lately. If they let Mr. Kennedy defeat him, it will really upset me though. I hate watching his character get abused lately. He needs to stay in the darkness and literally crush anything he desires, when he desires.. not just be a regular worker on the roster. It's too much 'Taker, and is becoming much to routine hearing Teddy Long say, "Ok player, Tonight your opponant will be...............THE UNDERTAKER!!" We are getting immune to the effect with this. However, if they were to just draw him back into the darkness again, and keep him more on a "semi" active status, and crush them in great match's on the rare occasion he is in a match, then he would gain it without a problem. Maybe they are counting on that I don't know, but to me this seems like the biggest flaw they have right now.. Trying to make the younger/newer roster members over by having their "Best" people JOB to them, even if it is DQ or something sneaky. I would use him, just not like they are right now. It's hurting his image. If I were in charge, at some point I would definately get Cena away from the roster all together.. Maybe get him some legitimate training (I really would do this, I like the character and think it could be a great one if they did something to this extent). I would have him out of the storylines and all for a good half a year, maybe longer. Then I would bring him back as a surprise, I wouldn't let anyone know he was going to be on, but it would be something like some face were getting screwed over and over, with no help of escape, for a very long period of time, then out of no where, some guy comes running into the ring and saves him (after show after show of him getting screwed). It wouldn't matter who it was, but the effect would be dramatic. No one would realise it's Cena at first till he did his signature moves, and then the crowd would probably go crazy. This is how I would get him over now, not by defeating Undertaker. Less is more after they reach a certain point. Would the Rock be considered a legend if he never stopped wrestling? Austin? Maybe, but I doubt if they were still wrestling today, making an in ring appearance would be as big as it would be with the status they are at now (not wrestling). If Austin or Rock were to show up doing something similar, as I used the example for Cena doing, it would be pandomonium (lol, mispelled and leaving it that way). The crowd would absolutely go NUTS! Anyways, I don't think they should ever let Taker retire, he should just be used minimal, period.

[QUOTE=captainlou;158855]The reason for the light workload of Undertaker might be due to injuries that he's had in the past. It could also be that he wants to spend more time with Sara and the children while they grow up. Vince seems to also be booking him less and he seems to come back around the time of a major PPV. 'Taker is unquestionably one of the most popular stars and, according to Ric Flair in his book, the most respected wrestler in the lockerroom. To be on top or near the top for as long as he has is quite a feat and had put a lot of pressure on him during some of that time. Has anyone noticed that we don't see the tombstone as much anymore? This because it has been taking it's toll on his knees. It would make sense for him to lose at a major PPV against John Cena and pass the torch to him as the main drawing card for WWE. It really should be a main eventer or upper midcarder who has beaten him in the past and not some "up and comer".[/QUOTE] I'm going out on a limb here, and figuring that you have been keeping up with recent activities and see where Cena stands as far as Overness is concerned..... John Cena is "this (finger and thumb close together, showing very little space in between) close" to getting to the Legendary status. A win against TAker would definately help it, and I don't believe he would have to be a heel to get it. In fact, No disrespect to the Deadman intended, but right now it's believable for him to lose against any of the Main Eventers, really. Cena, Edge, Orton, Triple H from raw. Lashley, Batista, Finlay, Booker T, heck even Mr. Kennedy, could all win against him right now. The Dead man has lost something lately, and I believe he is still losing it through overuse of him right now. When he comes out, there is always that huge crowd responce... however, after that he definately becomes more "Human" to the crowd... lately. If they let Mr. Kennedy defeat him, it will really upset me though. I hate watching his character get abused lately. He needs to stay in the darkness and literally crush anything he desires, when he desires.. not just be a regular worker on the roster. It's too much 'Taker, and is becoming much to routine hearing Teddy Long say, "Ok player, Tonight your opponant will be...............THE UNDERTAKER!!" We are getting immune to the effect with this. However, if they were to just draw him back into the darkness again, and keep him more on a "semi" active status, and crush them in great match's on the rare occasion he is in a match, then he would gain it without a problem. Maybe they are counting on that I don't know, but to me this seems like the biggest flaw they have right now.. Trying to make the younger/newer roster members over by having their "Best" people JOB to them, even if it is DQ or something sneaky. I would use him, just not like they are right now. It's hurting his image. If I were in charge, at some point I would definately get Cena away from the roster all together.. Maybe get him some legitimate training (I really would do this, I like the character and think it could be a great one if they did something to this extent). I would have him out of the storylines and all for a good half a year, maybe longer. Then I would bring him back as a surprise, I wouldn't let anyone know he was going to be on, but it would be something like some face were getting screwed over and over, with no help of escape, for a very long period of time, then out of no where, some guy comes running into the ring and saves him (after show after show of him getting screwed). It wouldn't matter who it was, but the effect would be dramatic. No one would realise it's Cena at first till he did his signature moves, and then the crowd would probably go crazy. This is how I would get him over now, not by defeating Undertaker. Less is more after they reach a certain point. Would the Rock be considered a legend if he never stopped wrestling? Austin? Maybe, but I doubt if they were still wrestling today, making an in ring appearance would be as big as it would be with the status they are at now (not wrestling). If Austin or Rock were to show up doing something similar, as I used the example for Cena doing, it would be pandomonium (lol, mispelled and leaving it that way). The crowd would absolutely go NUTS! Anyways, I don't think they should ever let Taker retire, he should just be used minimal, period.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;159290] John Cena is "this (finger and thumb close together, showing very little space in between) close" to getting to the Legendary status. [/QUOTE] you have got to be kidding me, Cena is no where near "Legendary status". Cena is your run of the mill "lets put our money behind him because of publicity" champion. But you have just figured out a way to beat the undertaker in his last match....Taker gets pinned after going into shock hearing that Cena is close to "Legendary status"

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;159290] John Cena is "this (finger and thumb close together, showing very little space in between) close" to getting to the Legendary status. [/QUOTE] you have got to be kidding me, Cena is no where near "Legendary status". Cena is your run of the mill "lets put our money behind him because of publicity" champion. But you have just figured out a way to beat the undertaker in his last match....Taker gets pinned after going into shock hearing that Cena is close to "Legendary status"

[QUOTE=mystic;159292]you have got to be kidding me, Cena is no where near "Legendary status". Cena is your run of the mill "lets put our money behind him because of publicity" champion. But you have just figured out a way to beat the undertaker in his last match....Taker gets pinned after going into shock hearing that Cena is close to "Legendary status"[/QUOTE] They didn't Boo Cena when he was about to "You Can't SEE ME" to him. IN FACT, they were ecstatic. You could argue that they cheered just as loud when the Deadman grabbed him by the throat as well, so here is where we aggree to dissagree. Cena will be remembered, even if his career was to end today. They wouldn't put their money behind him if he wasn't able to produce, so that in itself is a direct reason to think different then what your thinking. I respect your opinion, all I'm asking is you do the same for me. You don't like Cena maybe, I definately am no fan. I'm not going to pretend that although I don't like him, he is unpopular.

[QUOTE=mystic;159292]you have got to be kidding me, Cena is no where near "Legendary status". Cena is your run of the mill "lets put our money behind him because of publicity" champion. But you have just figured out a way to beat the undertaker in his last match....Taker gets pinned after going into shock hearing that Cena is close to "Legendary status"[/QUOTE] They didn't Boo Cena when he was about to "You Can't SEE ME" to him. IN FACT, they were ecstatic. You could argue that they cheered just as loud when the Deadman grabbed him by the throat as well, so here is where we aggree to dissagree. Cena will be remembered, even if his career was to end today. They wouldn't put their money behind him if he wasn't able to produce, so that in itself is a direct reason to think different then what your thinking. I respect your opinion, all I'm asking is you do the same for me. You don't like Cena maybe, I definately am no fan. I'm not going to pretend that although I don't like him, he is unpopular.

Archived