Relationships Question

It's a simple question, but in TEW 2007 will the relationships for family members still just be "Blood Relative" or will it be expanded to "Parent/Child" (work exactly like the "Protesqe*" relationship) and "Sibling". I've been wondering this for a few days now, I think it's still at "Blood Relative" though.

I've been wondering about this one myself. It'd be nice to have more specific relationships like 'parent/child' and 'sibling' in the game. Not sure what it'd add to the game, but it'd still be nice to have it. I'd also like to see a 'business partner' relationship added to the game as well. :)

I took a quick look through the diary, and found a bit about relationships - how you can edit relationships during the game, I think, and how you can set a relationship or two to link Future Workers to workers already in the database. Didn't see anything about specific relationship types though. Of course, I'm sure I could've easily overlooked it. Still, it'd be nice to have a few new relationships in there. :cool:

A business partner relation would be cool. Especially if you notice something like the promotion goes bankrupt then the relation just sours or something. That'd be cool. But the 'Parent/Child' and 'Sibling' relation thing wouldn't really add thing to it as its understood that they are 'Blood Relatives'--but still you know, say Wrestler A is 45 and Wrestler B is 25, first thought could be "Oh, they're father/mother-son/daughter (or whatever)." BUT they could be siblings, cousins, or aunt/uncle. I suppose 'Blood Relative' could be used for extended family (uncles, aunts, cousins)...but this'll be good for intermediate family. Maybe some of the suggested features are in there and Adam just doesn't tell us...You know, save something for the imagination--or a cool surprise that he didn't even announce.

I just hope you can get blood relatives that don't like each other. Its a bit rubbish to assume that you get along with people jsut because you're related to them. I reckon Edd Stone HATES Jeremy Stone but the game just sees the relationship and goes... meh, they're related, who cares if they like each other? It would also be nice to have the mother/father/son/daughter/sibling relationships. Anything after that could just be generic "blood relative" and I'd be deliriously happy. :)

I reckon its the other two, Duane and Dan, that Edd isnt keen on. They were always the two more popular ones, in wrestling and in life, so Eddie's a bit bitter about that, whereas Jeremy could care less because he knows he's better. The DeColt brothers probably arent keen on each other, seeing each other as competition when it comes to daddies affection/money. :)

[QUOTE=Mr T Jobs To Me;160178]What a bunch of Bull Hooey. Edd Stone is the 24 Hour Party Animal and is definitely the most popular of the Stones. Duane Stone is clearly lame, Dan Jr. is a total butt-kisser, and Jeremy doesn't have a life outside of wrestling. Mammoth would demolish those 3 losers in a pie eating contest.[/QUOTE] Edd Stone equals greatness, barnone. And yeah, Mammoth could demolish anyone in a pie eating contest...he practices by eating babies you know.

I'm off to create a pie eating match between Mammoth and Land Mass.... And on topic, we all know that Jack and Alex DeColt probably don't like each other that much, they're the two who are most likely to want CGC once daddy DeColt pops his clogs. Edd obviously dislikes Jeremy cos Edd has fun and Jeremy just... doesn't. Ever. Its true. But yeah, being family doesn't mean you automatically like them or will work for them no matter what. Hmm..... Derek B

[QUOTE=derek_b;160216]I'm off to create a pie eating match between Mammoth and Land Mass.... And on topic, we all know that Jack and Alex DeColt probably don't like each other that much, they're the two who are most likely to want CGC once daddy DeColt pops his clogs. Edd obviously dislikes Jeremy cos Edd has fun and Jeremy just... doesn't. Ever. Its true. But yeah, being family doesn't mean you automatically like them or will work for them no matter what. Hmm..... Derek B[/QUOTE] And to use the RL version, Bret Hart is related to Diana Hart, yet during the whole Martha Hart v. Vince MacMahon lawsuit, Bret and Diana are described as having completely stopped talking to each other. I can think of several other examples, but that's the most obvious one.

Archived