november 20th update

What do you mean ECW has a weaker roster than raw or smackdown? Hello, Mike Knox! :D Only kidding! To be honest i don't think the roster movement will e game breaking, lets be honest there is a large amount of roster changes throughout the 3 brands at the WWE anyway. As for the advanced booking changes, i really like this. It means you can advance book a match and build up the heat, this is quite a lot more realistic in my opinion. You book the main event for your monthly show and try to get the heat as high as possible before the match, very cool! :)

The advanced booking thing is HUGE and will take a lot of the drudgery out of booking great shows with maximum financial return. It also finally gives certain hype angles a much larger role, which is good. Brand roster balance is going to come in very handy for me, since I usually have immense rosters.

I don't think it's much of a problem that the AI tries to turn all brands into equals, since that's actually one of WWE's main focuses at the moment. ECW has taken Burke, Terkay, Lashley, Khali, Daivari, Holly and others from RAW and SmackDown over a short period of time and there will probably be more switches too. Out of the new additions mentioned, I think the TV show negotiations tweak will be most effective. I'm very glad this has been fixed.

[QUOTE=njgio;160939]I don't think it's much of a problem that the AI tries to turn all brands into equals, since that's actually one of WWE's main focuses at the moment. ECW has taken Burke, Terkay, Lashley, Khali, Daivari, Holly and others from RAW and SmackDown over a short period of time and there will probably be more switches too.[/QUOTE] If you didn't know yet, ECW is now become a "penalty" brand; "As of late, ECW has become the "penal colony" for people who SmackDown head writer Michael Hayes has no interest in using on SmackDown. That explains the recent defections of Sylvester Terkay, Elijah Burke, The Great Khali and Daivari from SmackDown to ECW." And besides those, Lashley himself asked to be transfered to ECW, 'cause he doesn't like Haeys, but likes Heyman, who was very keen on Lashley in DSW/OVW. So it's not about turning all brands equal, not at all. In Vince's eyes, RAW will always be #1.

I think ECW was more less the Heat of today, just different branded. It's like when you don't know what to do with a wrestler from Raw or Smackdown, just put them there and Vince, Paul will come up with something to get him over. In my option there should be a way to set the splits, so that they can't add more than so many wrestlers, in the AI or a way to set the brands apart, that way your not going to sit there, and see HHH in ECW or Shawn Michael for that matter Example: Brand One: Raw= Main show: which would have a more major stars Brand Two: Smackdown = the Secondary show, has main stars but not as many as the other one Brand Three: Would be lower League Show, it has maybe two or three major stars the rest are like midcarder or lower carders on the main shows

Great update. Although I would like my brands to be unequal, I can obviously still decide that for myself. I'd prolly make 2 brands. One main one and one permanent Velocity-like one with a different focus. Is it actually possible to have 2 shows with different focus on wrestling styles? Or will your public dispise this booking behaviour? If you select your styles accordingly (ex. hybrid promotion with lucha option), can you make the second brand a complete lucha? Or will the people expect a hybrid-lucha-mixed company as a whole? thx

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;160958]Why should HHH or Michaels be blocked from joining ECW? If they can put Angle on the brand, I don't see why anybody should have an artificial block.[/QUOTE] Yeah I agree, especially with how WWE is basically just making ECW a third brand now and not even pretending it's at all seperate. It's just Raw part tres. I LOVE the Advance Booking update. The ability to really add heat to a match in the preceding weeks is great. It will really show some benefits from well booked storylines. Can't wait!

With everyday we get a new feature and they are always awesome. This game will be incredible and unquestionably the greatest sim of all time (IMO) but the thing is... these are the features that Adam tells us about which rock but im sure there are gonna be alot of other awesome surprises in store so its like it already sounds amazing from what we know and then when we factor in the stuff we aren't gonna know about...it's mindblowing!

[QUOTE=dvdWarrior;161062]Love the new Advance Booking feature, as well as the new TV Deals feature, both should really make things interesting in 2007. The new Brand Split feature is good too, and could mean big things for real world mods everywhere! :D[/QUOTE] Of course, this is untill the big E brings out two more Brands, lol. I don't know, but IF I were THEM, and have halfway decent success with the splits they already have, I would just keep going till everyday of the week has a WWE wrestling show. As long as they keep most of the premise seperately, where you can pick one show and follow it without having to watch the other shows. Awesome stuff coming for the new TEW, stuff that has been asked for, which means alot to all of us, weather we wanted a feature or not. There is not one feature I can think of that I would want to say "Naw, I don't want that". To see people ask for different things, and then to see the journal provide exactly, or extremely close to what people wanted, is just huge to me! I am so happy for all of us, to have someone so dedicated to the fans. It's like any bussiness, you can do things the way YOU want, and people that think like you WILL buy/join/build your bussiness. Or, You can listen to the existing clientel, and build onto your bussiness with things your community of support asks for, keeping with the "base" of your product, and doing things that fit with your "style", or "goal" is. It's like that neighborhood bar or pub, that does things exactly like they want, and will always be able to succeed, because the cliental they have don't have alot of other choice's, versus, that other pub on the other side of the street, that has alot of things going for it, and alot of customer interaction. One day that customer oriented Pub will be a full fledged nightclub, or bassically move their bussiness to a bigger building, meanwhile, that first pub or bar will still be there 20 years down the line, with the same cliental, and the same rules and regulations, etc... although at least half of that 20 year cliental has moved on to the "other" place.. Thanks Mr. Adam Ryland. You and the rest of GDS have something special going on for your community, and I hope you never change... Because I know, as do most everyone that has been here long enough to just see a couple of weeks worth of work (talking about the Diary, as well as the support forums and how fast and efficient things get done) that this thing you guys are doing will get really big, and you will no longer be the neighborhood PUB, but a legitimate Nightclub is in the future for you. Nothing will ever get smaller with this type of effort. I love all of the "little" tweaks, and things that are supposed to be small features. Some of these things I like as much or more then the major stuff.

[QUOTE=praize1979;161179]I wouldn't say HHH or Shawn wouldn't go ECW, I'm just saying more less that I don't see WWE adding 5 or 6 Major stars to ECW all at once[/QUOTE] Rvd, Big Show, and Kurt Angle.... They put Khali, Davari, now Bobby Lashley. In the end, I believe that ECW's roster will be just as good as Smackdown's, that has to be their goal.. They just don't want to hurt the other two by doing this. That's my opinion.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;161103]I don't know, but IF I were THEM, and have halfway decent success with the splits they already have, I would just keep going till everyday of the week has a WWE wrestling show.[/QUOTE] Yikes, now there's a frightening thought. Personally, I think there's more than enough wrestling on television as it is. Of course, a world with a wrestling show on every night would be a unique world to live in. Keeping each of the brand splits equal sounds like a good idea, and should make for some interesting developments in the game. :)

[QUOTE=dvdWarrior;161280]Yikes, now there's a frightening thought. Personally, I think there's more than enough wrestling on television as it is. Of course, a world with a wrestling show on every night would be a unique world to live in. Keeping each of the brand splits equal sounds like a good idea, and should make for some interesting developments in the game. :)[/QUOTE] Hee hee, glad your frightened, or interested, whichever it is:-) I don't get a chance to see alot of variety through comcast at my neck of the woods, or maybe they just don't come on at realistic time frames, so I'm kind of stuck with watching WWE mostly. However, TNA's new time slot makes it alot easier on my sleep at night now. I have been keeping up with TNA after reading around here (GDS Forums) about them so much. I wanted to see how great, or ungreat they were, and finally I can do that without losing a ton of sleep at night:-) My thing is just if something is working, why not just go with it, live it out for what its worth... You can always regroup later, and take stuff off if you feel like you have gone too far. Heck, you know Vince has done that before, remember that Football promotion he was getting started? He backed out of that, so he knows when its time to quit. I see there is an AWA historical DVD coming out now. That's going to be an interesting thing there. I'm pretty sure that was one of the ones I was able to watch growing up in Ohio, but I'm not positive. I'm talking a good ways back, and at a very young age.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;161317]Hee hee, glad your frightened, or interested, whichever it is:-) I don't get a chance to see alot of variety through comcast at my neck of the woods, or maybe they just don't come on at realistic time frames, so I'm kind of stuck with watching WWE mostly. However, TNA's new time slot makes it alot easier on my sleep at night now. I have been keeping up with TNA after reading around here (GDS Forums) about them so much. I wanted to see how great, or ungreat they were, and finally I can do that without losing a ton of sleep at night:-) My thing is just if something is working, why not just go with it, live it out for what its worth... You can always regroup later, and take stuff off if you feel like you have gone too far. Heck, you know Vince has done that before, remember that Football promotion he was getting started? He backed out of that, so he knows when its time to quit. I see there is an AWA historical DVD coming out now. That's going to be an interesting thing there. I'm pretty sure that was one of the ones I was able to watch growing up in Ohio, but I'm not positive. I'm talking a good ways back, and at a very young age.[/QUOTE] I remember the AWA from the show it had on ESPN in the late 80's, (seems almost surreal to think of a pro wrestling show wiring on ESPN nowadays, doesn't it?), and I always liked what I saw of it. I got to see Shawn Michaels when he was a part of The Midnight Rockers, and I saw Curt Hennig knock out Nick Bockwinkel with a roll of quarters to win the AWA championship, something I doub't I'll forget anytime soon. Good times. I can't wait to get that AWA dvd, (might be a while though, Christmas shopping and all), and I wish they'd release an NWA dvd along those lines, with Flair, The Horsemen, and all those guys. There's gonna be a 4 Horsemen dvd sometime next year, and I'm anxious for that. I understand your point about ' if something is working, why not just go with it, live it out for what its worth' though, and that could well be a good idea. But it might also be wise to hang tight while you're ahead; there is such a thing as taking a good idea and beating it into the ground, after all. To me, the brand split concept is starting to get watered down a bit, what with all the wrestlers jumping back and forth between the brands so often and all. Just my 17 cents. :D

[QUOTE]what with all the wrestlers jumping back and forth between the brands so often and all.[/QUOTE] Yes, I feel like this is a bad choice on their part. If you start watching at this point, you might get to expecting that to happen all the time, and in the future can probably hurt them more then help them. I know they really want the ECW to work for them, but I think alot of times they are doing it "wrong" myself.... The best thing so far I have seen with the whole ECW concept, is bringing in Lashley and halfway using him effectively (so far). The man is believable, and needs to be used like that... I want to share with you what I think Smackdown should have done with Lashley after Batista come back (which in my opinion, is one of the reasons for him going to ECW). I would have used him kind of like Batista was used with Triple H....... I would have had Batista instantly side with Lashley on alot of things, and get him to use Lashley as kind of his "Hired" gun's... "That guy said smack about your mother Bobby, go kick his @ss!!", and let Bobby beat them senseless... Have Batista get his title back, and have Bobby as his weapon. Then a year or so from now, have Bobby start to get sick of doing all of Batista's garbage work for him, and turn on Batista (Batista would start out doing things evenly, then as time goes by having Bobby do more and more of the work, till everyone is sick of seeing Bobby getting used like that). They could have really worked this out into something major. Then after all is said and done, Bobby gets the Title, Batista gets bested, and there is a small feud etc, but of course Lashley get's the blunt in of TOO much stuff, and Batista would finally come in for the save, bringing them back together again, and the world would be safe once more.. Could have gone on for years, and helped out alot of people on the roster at the same time, with all the different things that could have gone on. Oh well, ECW seems to know what to do with him, so I will hope for the best.

[QUOTE=praize1979;161179]I wouldn't say HHH or Shawn wouldn't go ECW, I'm just saying more less that I don't see WWE adding 5 or 6 Major stars to ECW all at once[/QUOTE] like a creative control option workerxfeels he should be on the brand that draws the magoraty of the fan base where as workers who dont have the stroke just go and do what theyre told

Archived