The MMA World of the Cornell-Verse

One of the many things I like about the Cornell-Verse is the MMA characters. I really like the fact that there are a variety of them in there but yet not an excess (like a 2/5 ratio...more like a 1/20 ratio... but my math is horrible so i dont quite know the specifics) at any rate, I wonder who you all think is the best and in the C-Verse, who is probably the most superior? It would seem that Raul Hughes has been the most successful in terms of crossing over but in the MMA world, would it be Buddy Garner or Mike Watson? In WreSpi 2 we've seen the debut of a handful of others into INSPIE (Muhammad El Yaggodi or some such odd last name, lol, Arjen Van Delade? and a bunch more) But none of the new guys in INSPIRE appear to be the creme de la creme of MMA. Now there may be (probably) a host more MMA guys debuting in TEW 2K7, but from what we know now, whose probably the best of the best? I personally liked taking Arjen and working with him and I also put Billy Russel into a tag team with Willy York. At any rate, what do you guys think?

I've been playing the converted WreSpi 2 data and Arken has nothing on Muhammed who is the future of wrestling. Mike Watson is the man but in TEW 2004 when Buddy Garner was unemploye d he was the lynchpin of my start up fed. The MMA guys in C-Verse get a bad rep but Billy Russell and Willie York can make it big along with Watson, Arjen, Muhammed and the other top wrestler of INSPIRE who is a MMA but I forget his name off hand.

Even though it may appear that Raul Hughes has made the best crossover from MMA, I would say that Buddy Garner would pwn them all rather severely in a proper shootfight. The man just seems like he'd kill anyone who would dare to try and fight him!! And of course, we know he'd beat Billy Russell :) Of the new guys my favourite has been Arjen Van Der Leyne just because I like the name and the slightly Heidenreich look about him (yeah, I said it). The others are good too obviously but those two are my personal favourites. Shame I can never get Buddy Garner to sign for me in 05, but he was often a big star for me in 04. Nene Ebina? Everyone forgets about her but she'd probably kick the snot out of anyone went near her. Not because they were picking a fight, she'd just do it. And lastly..... an MMA tag team? Am I the only person who thinks that makes no sense whatsoever? :p Derek B

All good points. I thought that Garner was the king of MMA in the Cornell Verse, but I wasn't sure if he was bigger and or better than Watson. In regards to the MMA tag team, i dont think its that crazy. Its not like I was running a MMA fed or a fed dependent on singles, it was in my DAVE and TCW games where I brought Billy Russel and Willie York together to be a shoot fighter tag team. I named them Team TKO. I could easily see two shoot fighters in the WWE or something in their shoot fighter gear tagging up together. Well maybe I couldn't easily see that but I don't think it's that crazy, now if PRIDE, UFC or K-1 had a tag team match ok then I agree that would make absolutely no sense at all.

Being somewhat new to TEW but a long time fan of MMA I LOVED the MMA cross over guys. INSPIRE seems to be loosely based on RINGS rise to power in the Japanese MMA scene, a few years back(Pre-PRIDE / K-1 ruling Japan's MMA market.). As far as the MMA Tag Teams believe it or not a Japanese promotion called ZST runs legit MMA Tag Team matches and they are quite good.

[QUOTE=Ramaeno;161618] In regards to the MMA tag team, i dont think its that crazy. Its not like I was running a MMA fed or a fed dependent on singles, it was in my DAVE and TCW games where I brought Billy Russel and Willie York together to be a shoot fighter tag team. [/QUOTE] I did a similar thing with Vitor Belfort and another MMA guy on one EWR game. Despite giving them a long winning streak, they couldn't get over - almost unique in EWR :p .

Archived