WWE Contradiction

Astil

Well, Cena did win the Masterlock Challenge, but he didn't actually break the Masterlock - it was him that applied it to Masters. And yeah, you're right about NYR, I guess WWE are just trying to shove how much of an ass Coach can be down our throats? Beats me. But yeah, I definately understand what you're saying. Like when Edge and Lita got 'married' during the angle with Kane, yet a year on the announcers were referring to Lita as 'Edge's girlfriend'.

[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;176671]And yeah, you're right about NYR, I guess WWE are just trying to shove how much of an ass Coach can be down our throats? Beats me.[/QUOTE] Forget Coach, that "rule" was broken the moment Umaga "touched" Cena, allowing their champion to job to a nobody "celebrity". If they wanted him to job, they could have booked ANYONE to interfere (what, Nitro & Melina not up to the task?) but Umaga was a more convenient/believable choice. Well, 'cept for that little "rule" but who remembers that? :p I think the 'E will have officially jumped the shark if they put that belt on Umaga though.

Ohhh...so to break the Masterlock you have physically break the hold. I've been telling my brother that all someone has to do is get one leg on the rope--or do like HBK did once and low blow Masters into releasing the hold. I never unstood the check the arm once and drop it thing...I thought it was three times--unless the move is just.that.dangerous that one is enough. Yeah, WWE is a land of weird contraditions and nonsense

[QUOTE=Remianen;176694]Forget Coach, that "rule" was broken the moment Umaga "touched" Cena, allowing their champion to job to a nobody "celebrity". If they wanted him to job, they could have booked ANYONE to interfere (what, Nitro & Melina not up to the task?) but Umaga was a more convenient/believable choice. Well, 'cept for that little "rule" but who remembers that? :p I think the 'E will have officially jumped the shark if they put that belt on Umaga though.[/QUOTE] No no, the moment K-Fed got a three count on Cena, WWE jumped the shark. It's just that simple. As for Umaga getting a title reign, it wouldn't have bothered me a couple days ago. Since he helped K-Fed however, he ought to forfeit all title matches untill the year 2010, or untill he ends the careers of K-Fed and the Coach whichever comes first.

[QUOTE=NickC13573;176768]The only thing that I am waiting for is for K-Fed to Buy a WWE title run.[/QUOTE] Don't think that's possible anymore. K-Fed's meal ticket is running out of high-end lingerie stores with no panties on (WTF?!?:eek: ). And seriously, I can't remember the last WWE or World Heavyweight champion that made microphones die when he came near them. So to put the title on a person who, by character, can't get along with a mic and whose mouthpiece isn't that much better, seems counterproductive. And without his "unbeaten streak", I don't even think Umaga is marketable. I know Cena moves merchandise, Batista moves merchandise, Edge moves merchandise, DX moves merchandise (collectively and individually), Umaga.......errrr........ Also, did you happen to notice the product placements splattered all over that RAW episode?

[QUOTE=Remianen;176853]Don't think that's possible anymore. K-Fed's meal ticket is running out of high-end lingerie stores with no panties on (WTF?!?:eek: ). And seriously, I can't remember the last WWE or World Heavyweight champion that made microphones die when he came near them. So to put the title on a person who, by character, can't get along with a mic and whose mouthpiece isn't that much better, seems counterproductive. And without his "unbeaten streak", I don't even think Umaga is marketable. I know Cena moves merchandise, Batista moves merchandise, Edge moves merchandise, DX moves merchandise (collectively and individually), Umaga.......errrr........ Also, did you happen to notice the product placements splattered all over that RAW episode?[/QUOTE] I said it wouldn't bother me, I never said it would be a good idea. :D

So no one noticed the blatantly obvious product placements in that episode? If you don't know what I mean, see if you can answer these questions: - What brand was emblazoned all over the gear that K-Fed and Nitro wore to the ring? It wasn't the least bit subtle either. :p - What brand of clothing did the Divas wear to and in the ring? The name was emblazoned on Melina's ass (literally), down Victoria's leg, and the brand logo was on Mickie James' right leg and butt. I gotta hand it to the 'E. They know how to make money in SO many different ways, it's crazy. When you can get your brand on a part of a woman EVERYONE'S bound to be lookin' at, that's money, baby.

I think the brand on Melina's butt was Apple - but I could be wrong. I only looked 'cos I wondered if it was related to her character*, like Edge, Orton etc. have done. [SIZE="1"]* If it was Maria's butt, I could probably tell you the name, CEO, GDP, hotline number...[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=James Casey;177241]I think the brand on Melina's butt was Apple - but I could be wrong. I only looked 'cos I wondered if it was related to her character*, like Edge, Orton etc. have done. [SIZE="1"]* If it was Maria's butt, I could probably tell you the name, CEO, GDP, hotline number...[/SIZE][/QUOTE] Question 1 - Everlast. It was on K-Fed's robe, Nitro's jacket (above 'Team Federline'), K-Fed's gloves and helmet, Nitro's towel, the works. Question 2 - Yes, the big letters on Melina's butt was Apple but in slightly smaller letters just below her right butt cheek was 'Bottoms'. The brand is Apple Bottoms and it's Nelly's clothing line. Victoria had 'Apple Bottoms' down her leg and Mickie had the apple symbol on her butt and on her left thigh, just above her initials 'M J'. Those were paid endorsements, just like when you watch a movie or TV show and see 'DELL' on a computer prominently displayed or the Apple symbol on an iPod a character is carrying. Generally, for something like this, I'm betting the divas got a nice spread of clothing from Apple Bottoms and half of the "match" with K-Fed & Cena, K-Fed spent making sure Everlast got plenty of camera time. If anyone happened to see 'The Italian Job', Napster paid for their references in that movie. I was just surprised they were so blatant about it. Although, I must admit, putting the company name on Melina's ass was brilliant! I'm just surprised she didn't do her normal entrance (that would've given the company name a good 5 straight seconds of screen time). Anyway, just a quirk of mine I picked up after an ad exec friend smartened me up (I thought pop-up blockers and TiVo would be the death of the ad industry's growth.....WRONG!).

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;176982]You've JUST now noticed that? :D[/QUOTE] I only just got back into wrestling a month ago and it took WWE that long to dissapoint me. Sad really, but eh, TNA. I'd love to honestly see another HBK run. Or do what they should've done a while ago, give the belt to Kane, let him carry it into retirement. He's done enough for the 'E to deserve that.

Archived