Bam Bam is gone....

HardcoreIcon87

I hope this doesn't come off too Owen Hart here. But isn't it safe to say Bigelow was the best big man of his time? I forget whether it was Gordon Solie or another announcer invoking Solie's description of somebody else. But I remember hearing some announcer describe Bammer as "Not just quick. But sudden." If there was one thing I always loved about watching Bigelow it's that he knew how to use his weight like few did. Not only could he do the cartwheels and such which was just crazy at his size, the guy could really throw his weight behind moves too. With many guys, we're supposed to be impressed just because its a man of immense size bodyslamming some poor stiff. Bigelow though knew how to use the momentum of that weight and create even more impact. I'm sure if more big men could wrestle the way Bammer did, there would be a lot less raging over Vinnie Mac's preference for hiring them around the Internet. I may tend to favor guys of more normal size. But Bam Bam's one big guy I'm definitely going to miss. Rest in peace, Bammer. Ya did well.

Guest The Aussie
I find this absolutely terrible. Another wrestling legend has passed away and probably the best or second best Big man of all time. I know that he died from ODing on Painkillers; You've got to understand the shape his body has gotten in because of so many years of hard hitting matches. BTW, Have you guys take na look at the bull**** on the WWE page when they said that Bam Bams is probably most memorable for his feud with Lawrence Taylor? Bull S##t. He is most memorable for crashing through the mat while Taz had him locked in the Tazzmission. That's what He's f***ing known for.

[QUOTE=The Aussie;188131]I find this absolutely terrible. Another wrestling legend has passed away and probably the best or second best Big man of all time. I know that he died from ODing on Painkillers; You've got to understand the shape his body has gotten in because of so many years of hard hitting matches. BTW, Have you guys take na look at the bull**** on the WWE page when they said that Bam Bams is probably most memorable for his feud with Lawrence Taylor? Bull S##t. He is most memorable for crashing through the mat while Taz had him locked in the Tazzmission. That's what He's f***ing known for.[/QUOTE] I have to disagree with that. Bam Bam's match with LT got the main event spot at Wrestlemania if I am correct. Ive heard it from himself, he is one of those guys whos biggest dream was to wrestle at Wrestlemania let alone the main event. This was his and WWE's most memorable moment and probably alot more peoples memorable moment that his stay at ECW. Bam Bam had one of the best win/loss records in WWE history and was a huge hit in Japan with Vader win tag team titles. His ECW stuff is very memorable too yes but if youve seen as much of Bam Bam's career as I have I think you would agree with me.

Guest The Aussie
[QUOTE=The Gaz;188199]I have to disagree with that. Bam Bam's match with LT got the main event spot at Wrestlemania if I am correct. Ive heard it from himself, he is one of those guys whos biggest dream was to wrestle at Wrestlemania let alone the main event. This was his and WWE's most memorable moment and probably alot more peoples memorable moment that his stay at ECW. Bam Bam had one of the best win/loss records in WWE history and was a huge hit in Japan with Vader win tag team titles. His ECW stuff is very memorable too yes but if youve seen as much of Bam Bam's career as I have I think you would agree with me.[/QUOTE] The only reason why it was in the main event was because the match contained a major celebrity in the bout. That is the only reason that Lawrence Taylor main evented Mania (Bigelow is a different story, He could ME anywhere and he could draw) and Bigelow had to put him over. I suppose losing to a NFL player is so much more important than looking like the toughest sonuvabitch in North America in a match with a guy that gave a lot of height and weight to him? In that Bout, Bam Bam proved himself to be extreme and made Tazz look as dangerous as he was pushed to be. I suppose the only way that a lot of US people would truely be able to understand that he was more than just jobbing for Lawrence Taylor would be if there was a triple threat match between him, Vader and Scott Norton. That would be stiff as hell and a wicked way to remember him.

Source: Wrestlezone.com [QUOTE]Kocosports.com broke the story of the passing of former WWE Superstar Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow earlier today. They have a few more details on his passing that WWE.com didn't report. Sources close to Bigelow told Kocosports.com the he had been missing for several days. And as noted before, he was found dead this morning in his home in Florida by his girlfriend around 10 A.M when she woke up. Furthermore, police are currently treating this as a crime scene. [/QUOTE] hmm..it seems there was foul play afoot. It sucks that Bigelow has passed away. He was great. His matches against Taz in ECW were what the definition of Extreme is. As opposed to WWE's version. He had an ambulance match against Mike Awesome at Starrcade 2000 I think. I know it was at the last Starrcade. I would highly recommend that match. I watched it a few days ago and now I keep booking ambulance matches in TEW.

Unforunately, I think WWE's right, he will be remembered most for his main event at Mania. It's such a shame because, as people have said, his time in ECW was a joy to watch. His feuds with Douglas, Taz, RVD: all priceless. That guy was such a top worker who always made matches great and never politiced a finish. He was the epitome of professionalism and hard work. Frankly, I'm honoured to have seen some of the great matches for which he was responsible. RIP Bam Bam! Quote The Raven Nevermore

Well, that's too bad... He had some great moments, that's for sure. R.I.P. Bam Bam I think the Smackdown! vs. RAW games are cursed... Last year, Eddie was in the game and died (or at least we learned he died) the day the game came out. This year, Bam had his first appearance as a legend in a WWE game, and dies within months... Sure blows the Madden Curse out of the water... (Also, Batista and Cena were co-coverboys last year, and Batista ended up injured, while Cena just became widly hated...) I know these are probably just sad coincidences, but definately coincidences...

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;188300]Well, that's too bad... He had some great moments, that's for sure. R.I.P. Bam Bam I think the Smackdown! vs. RAW games are cursed... Last year, Eddie was in the game and died (or at least we learned he died) the day the game came out. This year, Bam had his first appearance as a legend in a WWE game, and dies within months... Sure blows the Madden Curse out of the water... (Also, Batista and Cena were co-coverboys last year, and Batista ended up injured, while Cena just became widly hated...) I know these are probably just sad coincidences, but definately coincidences...[/QUOTE] Yea and HHH was on the cover this year and hes out to injury

The actual article for people who haven't seen it yet. A look at Bam Bam Bigelow By Lennie DiFino Written: January 19, 2007Scott Charles Bigelow passed away Friday morning in Florida. He was 45 years old. "Bam Bam" Bigelow wrestled in WWE, WCW and ECW throughout his 20-year-career in sports entertainment, and was a multi-time champion - having won the ECW World Championship, ECW World Television Championship, WCW Hardcore Championship and the WCW World Tag Team Championship. "Bam Bam" will always be remembered by WWE fans for his wrestling attire, which matched the flames that were tattooed on his skull. Bigelow was listed at just shy of 400 pounds, but was considered to be one of the most agile Superstars of his time. His signature flying headbutt was a devastating maneuver, which always signaled the end for his opponents. His imposing presence and ring skills made him a tough match for any Superstar. Bigelow was a veteran of three WrestleMania events, including the WrestleMania XI match with NFL superstar Lawrence Taylor. He also participated as a member of Hulk Hogan’s team at the inaugural Survivor Series in 1987, eliminating One Man Gang and King Kong Bundy before being pinned by Andre the Giant. In ECW, Bigelow would be most remembered for his ECW Television Title Match with Tazz at ECW Living Dangerously in 1998, in which both competitors fell through the ring. Bigelow picked up the victory, much to the delight of his home crowd in Asbury Park, N.J. He also won the ECW World Title by defeating Shane Douglas in 1997 from Queens, N.Y. The ECW crowd reactions were some of the most thunderous in ECW history, making Bigelow an ECW icon. "Bam Bam" created another memorable ECW sight when he lifted Spike Dudley above his head, then threw him from the ring, into the fourth row at the ECW Arena. Bigelow then moved on to WCW, where he would have a rivalry with Goldberg over the World Heavyweight Championship. Later forming a tag team with fellow Jersey shore friend Diamond Dallas Page, they captured the WCW World Tag Team Championship on one occasion. After WWE purchased WCW in 2001, Bigelow spent some time wrestling independently before retiring from the squared circle in 2004. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Personally I loved Bam Bam! This guy was one of those guys who you had to love because he was so real, you know? I remember playing Legends of Wrestling II on Xbox and listening to him say he had lost weight and was ready to make a comeback.... that's the part that makes me cry the most. He IS what made the big man what it is today, a drop-kicking top rope big man. RIP Bam Bam!

Guest The Aussie
[QUOTE=Raveneffect21;188550]Yea and HHH was on the cover this year and hes out to injury[/QUOTE] And Vince was on the cover of Smackdown vs RAW and he screwed himself up at the 2005 Rumble. Brock Lesnar was on the cover of Here comes the Pain and he walked out a couple of months after the release.

Guest The Aussie
[QUOTE=still71;190531]HCTP came out in October 03 and Brock was released following WMXX in March 04. Not exactly a couple of months...[/QUOTE] But its a classic example of the curse, Brock was on it and in the following months, started developing a nasty Ego and decided to walk out of the WWE and fail miserably at the NFL.

[QUOTE=The Aussie;190622]But its a classic example of the curse, Brock was on it and in the following months, started developing a nasty Ego and decided to walk out of the WWE and fail miserably at the NFL.[/QUOTE] Would this be similar to the Madden curse?

Archived