Current Real World Mod (Work In Progess)

SHaynes23

I would just like to throw it out there that I have started a current day mod for Wrestling Spirit 2, and I am doing it from scratch. All I have imported into the game are the moves from the CornellVerse, because I don't feel like making +/- 1500 moves. But I will be adding most people's trademark moves to the list so that they have individualized versions of their trademark moves. I am also doing a movelist for every person as I go along, so that I don't miss anybody, and everybody in the game gets their own movelist. I have already added all the information for WWE, TNA, and ROH, stuff like Belts, TV Shows, Events (All 41 for ROH), and I am currently starting to add the workers for those three promotions first. And I am doing pictures for every worker as I add them too (onto a new background) I have no idea how long this will take as I have never made a WS2 database from scratch, but I have a feeling that it will take quite sometime, but I just want to make a complete WS2 real world database for everybody to play. I have no idea how far this will go, but I hope it will get done because WS2 needs another good database in my opinion. I will post what I have done whenever I get something of note done.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have started adding workers after getting all the promotion and other non-worker stuff out of the way, and have eight workers all from Raw. They are: Carlito, Charlie Haas, Chris Masters, Edge, The Great Khali, Eugene, JTG, and Jeff Hardy All these workers already have all their stats and complete movesets added, with all their signature moves also. I ran an eight man test tournament with them and it worked out pretty realistically with Edge beating Jeff Hardy in the finals. After I complete the Raw brand I will most likely release that for everybody to play around with. You can't play season or anything with that data, but you can get some good exibition matches in to see what the data will be like and just have some fun with real world data.

[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;191922]Nice, to be honest the conversion from FOTORC, while it was playable, seemed incomplete due to the amount of workers using the Uranage Slam as their finisher. Good to know that somebody's dedicating themself to try and make as complete mod as they can. Best of luck with this.[/QUOTE] it seemed incomplete, because it is incomplete! That is until me, or some other poor soul trys to finish it off, i may well go back to it after i finish my TEW mod, but who knows? Incidentally Mr Haynes, if you would prefer to use the existing conversion and just add movesets to that you are more than welcome to, but i fully understand if you would rather just work on your own.

I guess I could go into the FORC data and edit all the stats and overness to be up-to-date, and just finish the good start you got on movelists. I'm also going to most likely add some promotions and workers to it (i.e Pro Wrestling Guerrilla). So I give that a try so that we can get a complete real world mod out as fast as possible and convert people to the world of Wrestling Spirit 2. Thanks alot for letting me use the data Panix, and I'll let everybody know how that is turning out once I get it running.

Right after digging into the data I noticed the brand split, which I don't want to have in the data, so I am going to put Raw and Smackdown together into WWE, and have ECW be a seperate company with possibly Shane McMahon owning it and it is going to be a developmental territory of WWE, which it bascially is in real life right now. If anybody objects to this let me know and hopefully we can work something else out, but I think this should work fairly well.

I'm holding off on movesets for the last thing, because that seems like quite the task. But in the few hours I have been working with the FORC data I have fixed the rosters for WWE, ECW, TNA, DSW, and OVW. I have also fixed all their other things, so they are ready to go. Later tonight and tomorrow I will look over the other indies, which shouldn't take too long, and add PWG. Then I will adjust people's stats and overness where needed, then onto the movesets.

This just slowed down a little bit. I was snooping around movesets and going to play an exibition match between John Cena and Triple H, when I saw that their movesets were totally crazy. They had like 12 or 13 finishers each, most of which they have never, or probably could not perform, like the John Cena Arabian Facebuster off the top rope. So, I'm gonna scrap the movesets because I noticed most people's are like this, and rebuild the movesets and moves list. All of the big people, which consists of all WWE, TNA, ROH, Big Indy Stars, and Big International Stars will have their full movesets, then for lesser known wrestlers I will give them a generic moveset for their style, and then just add in their respective finishers. Does this sound good to you guys?

i would recomend keeping the movesets that have been edited already and just editing anyones that look wrong to you. There are 1400 workers in the database and tons of research went into people especially the indy workers etc. It'll probably be easier for you to just re-do movesets that you think are wrong otherwise you will have to go through 1400 workers and assign them all a moveset, its a lot of work, believe me! Your call though bud, good luck.

Good point Panix, I don't want all your guys hard work to go to waste, and I know how hard you worked on the indy guys, so I'll just have to run through them, then edit where needed. Now onto rosters. I have WWE, ECW, TNA, ROH, PWG, WSX, and CZW's rosters done. The only people that I had to make for the promotions be have the main part of their rosters were: Brooke Adams, Kara Drew (Cherry), Maryse Ouellet, Quicksilver, Human Tornado, Scorpio Sky, Disco Machine, Joey Ryan, Chris Bosh, Scott Lost, Ronin, and Top Gun Talwar. Today is a snowy day here in the fair city of St. Louis so I can't really get out, so it looks like I'll have all day to do this, so the rosters should get easily completed today, then it's onto fine tuning peoples stats.

I'm going to switch up the order I am doing things. I'm gonna sort out the movelists first, and add them for whoever needs them, then tweak stats last so that I do not have to go back and update somebody again since they became more popular. So let the tedious work begin!

I've been working with movesets for a little less than an hour now, and they are nothing like the system I was going to use for them, and some of them are beyond being able to be saved, while others are dead on. So I'm going with the system I was using when I was working on my own mod, because I am spending more time taking away moves from people and adding others than I would just adding moves. I will import the really good movesets in, so that is how that is going to work now.

Since I got the movesets thing figured out now they should go fairly quickly because I noticed I was adding the same basic moves (punches, kicks, bodyslams) for almost everybody, so I made around 10 base movesets that I just copy for people, then tweak them for that individual person. It works out really well and will make this go alot faster since I will not have to keep putting it punches, kicks and other basic moves. I'm adding people's signature moves as I go along as well, with pictures for most of those moves also.

Just thought I would throw out an update. I have done 30 movesets, complete with pictures for almost all the people's signature moves, and have added more moves for the people I have added. Now that I have all the template movesets done I can do about 10 movesets an hour if I really get at it, and it is going really well. Whenever I finish all 102 WWE movesets I will release it as a beta so that you can play some exibition WWE matches and get a look at what is going on in the data so far.

I'm pretty good on move pictures right now, I might add special effects to them, but you guys can help out with a couple of signature move pictures I haven't been able to find. Just post the picture of the move here if you find it, don't worry about resizing it or anything, I will take care of that. Here's the list of moves I haven't been able to find so far: Aaron Stevens: Idolizer and Idol Lock MVP: Moneymaker and Malicious Intent Arn Anderson: Double A Spinebuster Vito: Code of Silence (Lifting DDT) Brian Kendrick: Sliced Bread #2, Cyclone DDT Charlie Haas: Haastile Takeover, Haas of Pain Cliff Compton (Domino): Domino Effect Dave Taylor: British Plex That pretty much does it for now, I will tell you guys when I need some help with more pictures, and thanks for volunteering to help out with that.

Archived