Current Real World Mod (Work In Progess)

SHaynes23

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep it up, cousin. Whoa that makes it 3 St. Louisans on this board! You are one lucky man this week, Sam. You already don't have to go to school two days and you are most likely going to be off again tommorow. Hopefully you'll get that beta out this week. Good luck.

If you need any help at all, add me on MSN and I'll be glad to chat with you over data issues, because we really need a complete present-day RL mod for WS2. It's been quite a while since the release of the game, and we STILL don't have one.

I don't really know about a timeline right now because I am doing this in my spare time, and I have been spending alot of time on my TNA dynasty lately. But the work is slowly going along, and it won't be too much longer until I can release a beta with just the WWE movesets done.

Hate to break the news to you but CM Punk isn't going to be in the WWE beta, because of the two brand split thing ECW is being put in the second beta, but that shouldn't take too long due to their small roster. Just for those interested, the beta's will come out in this order: WWE ECW TNA ROH Major Indys And then I will fill in the gaps with the lesser known people and probably not put a beta out for them.

[QUOTE=PWNED!;206561]You really should get someone who knows lucha and puro to work with you so you can create a complete mod, not just a USA & Canada mod.[/QUOTE] All of the lucha and puro people are already in the game because it is a conversion from One Ring Circus. All I have to do is find movesets for them and add their moves, their stats are already in.

Well, LuchaWiki is a huge help for Mexico, and I watch AAA every week, even though I can't understand what they are saying, I know the wrestlers names and the moves they are doing. As for Japan and lesser known Mexican wrestlers, I doubt many people play as lower card Japanese or Mexican people, so I'm going to go into detail on the movesets for Japan and Mexico's recognizable wrestlers, and then the lower-tier people with have more generic Japanese or Lucha movesets, with just their signature finisher thown in.

I've made this offer to someone else, but I'll repeat it here -- if you want to use any of the D.O.T.T. scenario as a base, by all means please do. At the very least, the lucha moves and move sets would probably save you a lot of time. Keep in mind that everything is scaled for the early 80s... but I think the gameplay is rather universal, considering it is all shoot-based. You may have to rescale some of the moves to your modern liking, but it has to be a lot better than doing everything from scratch.

[QUOTE=panix04;207059]finidng moveset information for Japan/Mexico is a real headache! I didn't find any really useful resource's for it![/QUOTE] [url]www.puroresufan.com[/url] and [url]www.Puroresucentral.com[/url] Have a lot of the trademark moves listed. Also if you are having and exception difficulty finding moves for any Japanese worker in particular let me know, I'm sure I can be convinced to dig out and watch a match or 30. :p

Archived